- Fall of the Water36 hours of round-trip bus riding to and from Buenos Aires + a 16 hour day of sightseeing = Iguazu Falls
Is it really worth it you may ask? To sleep so many night on buses? Are these cataratas so great?
Yes, Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Mar 6, 2014
- Mucho Vino en MendozaMendoza is the most famous wine region of Argentina with 75% of the countries wines being produced here, it is also flanked by the Andes which separate Argentina from Chile. As such the two main attractions here are vineyards and Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Feb 28, 2014
- El Calafate: The Big Ice, Perito Moreno GlacierWe woke up the next day and I was kaput. Completely broken and not in good enough working order for even a short hike so we took the day off. Explored the town, found a lovely restaurant/brewery that had a Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Feb 24, 2014
- Hike number two in El Chalten, ArgentinaAfter the exhilaration of yesterday's hike we woke up early(ish) to tackle Laguna de Los Tres. A longer hike in terms of time but similar in terms of kilometres, a fact that I naively didn't give a lot of thought Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Feb 21, 2014
- Glacier Perrito MorenoAfter another 20 odd hour bus trip we are officially pros. By pros, I mean we feel like crying at the mention of the word bus, but we got there and that's what counts. Calafate was quite a Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 21, 2014
- Kayaking with Sealions...On the second day of our whirlwind tour of Puerto Madryn we got up bright and early to go kayaking with Sealions. It was brilliant! Matt and I shared a two man kayak and after some teething problems Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 21, 2014
- Out of the city and into the sticks...We're here! We're out of the city and now it feels like the adventure has started! We flew into El Calafate, a quick flight from BA, sparing us our first epic bus journey. For now. Before we had even landed Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Feb 19, 2014
- It takes 'toe' to tango!Ok so after the cold of Patagonia, we decided it was time to head to sunny climates (we hoped!) and so made our way to Buenos Aires - the home of the tango!!
Our hostel was in an area called San Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Feb 18, 2014
- RosarioAfter 20 hours on a bus we arrived in the city of Rosario. A pretty wealthy city on the river. We spent a few days walking a lot and running in the Parque Independencia, one of the largest parks in Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Feb 18, 2014
- Salta ArgentinaDay 42. Salta Argentina.
Our one bedroom apartment is just perfect, with room to put everything away. Just five blocks from the the main square we are really happy here. Salta is a lovely town. Very clean and everyone Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Feb 17, 2014
- Eating and drinking. And eating. And drinking. And...It's weird, ordinarily we would get sick of restaurant dining after a few days. It becomes too much, but eating a slab of meat every night is surprisingly sustainable!
We've been very lucky to date with food. Despite the fact Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Feb 12, 2014
- Iguazu Falls - Argentinian sideOur hostel in Puerta de Iguazu, on the Argentinia side was pretty incredible, fully equiped with swimming pool, sun loungers and space to hang our hammocks that we'd been carrying around since our boat down the Amazon. Don't ask why!
[img=http://photos.t Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Feb 12, 2014
- Buenos Aires and CordobaDay 30, Feb 01, 2014. Buenos Aires
10AM was our scheduled departure time from the ship and we walked down the gangway to pouring rain. A tent was set up at the bottom where umbrellas were handed Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Feb 11, 2014
- Buenos Aires, Argentina: Graveyards and rainWe've had a lot of rain, monsoon rain not normal every day rain, which meant we had to take it easy a couple of days. I have to admit, my two most favourite pre-trip purchases are currently my water proof Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Feb 11, 2014
- Buenos AiresThe day we arrived in Buenos it was 35 degrees and sunny, a beautiful day though a little hot for a city (I mention this as it was not too last). The first day we visited the Ecological park, which Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Feb 11, 2014
- Central ArgentinaCordoba (5th January - 6th January)
From Cafayate we took a bus to Tucuman and then another overnight bus to Cordoba. Travel by bus is alot more expensive here than the rest of South America but you get what you pay Posted by duncan-alice in Duncan & Alice Go RTW! | Feb 10, 2014
- Cordoba and Alta GraciaCordoba was mainly a stop off to break up a 22 hour journey to Buenos Aires. It was a really fun student town and the second biggest in Argentina. It has really nice shady squares and good empanadas!
From here we Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Feb 9, 2014
- Weather with you or four seasons in one day?If you're reading this, WE SURVIVED!!!
Now, before I begin, you might want to fetch yourself a cup tea or coffee first, maybe even a pot...it's been a while since our last post!
So what was it like I hear you say? Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Feb 8, 2014
- Day 2 (our first day awake!)Well here we are. We arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon feeling relatively ok after such a long journey. The flight was good, NEARLY very good. This was me when I thought it was going to be VERY good because Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Feb 5, 2014
- Cruise around Cape Horn in South AmericaDay 18.
Hurry up and wait. Max and Anne, the Aussies, joined us for breakfast again and we sat and talked for over an hour. They were great company in the morning and we will miss them. Check out Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Feb 1, 2014
- Road trip from Salta to CafayeteWe arrived in Argentina and headed straight to the town of Jujuy. We stepped off the bus into what felt like 40 degree hear after being at altitude for such a long time. There we explored the town and sat Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 28, 2014
- Argentina 2014[img=http://p Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Jan 23, 2014
- Elephant Seals... this close!
What a whirlwind day! We arrived in Puerto Madryn after our now familiar long overnight bus ride, thinking we'd just chill out for a day, take a daytour around Peninsula Va Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jan 20, 2014
- How not to do your first day in Buenos AiresAfter a 20 hour bus trip, we arrived in BA, to have my bag stolen about 10 minutes after we got there. After realising we didn't have the address for our hostel (rooky mistake) we made our way Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jan 20, 2014
- The End of the World[float=right][/float]
That's it, the journey in South America was almost over when I finally reached Ushuaia, dubbed the End of the World city, in Argentina. After travelling thousa Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Jan 17, 2014