- 34. Gun Patagonya Misyonu
Katamaranimiz, Beagle Kanal'da son bir durak daha yaptiktan sonra aynen geri donecek. Biz katamaranla donmek yerine daglardan otobus yolculuguyla donmeyi tercih ettigimiz icin Harberton Cifligi (Estancia Harberton) adli bu durakta inmeyi seciyoruz. Cifl Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 1, 2014
- 33. Gun Haydi Penguenleri gormeye !!!
Insan, "penguen gormeye gidiyoruz" denilince ayri bir heveskleniyor..
Memleketin tv kanallarina guven o kadar dustu ki acaba penguenleri gosterirken bizi kandirmis olabilirler mi diye ayri bir heyecan duyuyor.
Adini bir turlu telafuz edemedigim guney Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 1, 2014
- Day 31-32 It's the end of the World, as we know it
When we decided to head out to South America, we never really meant to travel thru Patagonia because it seemed to be a big detour from our initial route to cover the middle parts of the contin Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 30, 2013
- The Perito Moreno glacier[float=left][/float]
[b]Merry Christmas everyone!
I know I know I am now quite late behind with the blog... Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Dec 24, 2013
- 2012 A4 STAR PRINCESS - BUENOS AIRES ==YES - ANOTHER HACIENDA - ARGENTINA STYLE THIS TIME..==
WE ARE GREETED AT THE GATE BY THE DANCERS & I PROMPTLY LOSE THE GUIDE. NOT THAT I AM BOTHERED TOO MUCH. I WILL JUST WANDER AROUND ON MY OWN & HOPE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- Day 24-25 "Good Airs"
Upon arrival to Buenos Aires, we saw a bunch of very familiar looking unfamiliar faces, whose Mediterranean features are unique on this continent, whose European attitudes make them, well, ver Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 22, 2013
- Day 23 Semi Cama on Ruta Nacional 14We set out on the overnight "semi cama" (semi-bed seat) bus from Puerto Iguazu to Buenos Aires at 19:00 with the intention to get there by lunch time the next day. Overnight buses in South America are the means to Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 22, 2013
- From Salta to Bariloche[float=right][/float]
After San Pedro de Atacama I decided to cross straight away the border to end up in Argentina, in Salta more precisely. Salta is one of the biggest towns in the north of Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Dec 17, 2013
- 21. ve 22. gunler: Tek Park,Ortak Sinir: Iki farkli yaklasimIguazu Dogal Parki'nin Brezilya ile Arjantin'in sinirinda oldugunu belirtmistik. Durum boyle olunca her iki ulke de kendi parkini kuruyor ve isletiyor.
Gunesli bir gunde ilk heves keyif ve heyecanla gezip detayli anlattigimiz Brezilya deneyimi ertesi, b Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 12, 2013
- Buenos Aires We finally Escaped posadas(!!) and took an overnight bus for 15 hours to Buenos Aires. The buses have seats that almost lie flat, and dinner and breakfast were served to our seats (the most random combination of food - cannelloni, Posted by Dave and P in Our South American Adventure | Nov 12, 2013
- End of the World, Beginning of AdventureToday had us more tired than any jet lag could cause. Our wakeup call was at 3:45 a.m. so we could eat breakfast and get on the bus by 5:00 a.m. The bus took us to the smaller Buenos Aires Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 8, 2013
- Head 'em Up, Move 'em Out: Beyond Buenos Aires
Our guide Susanna rounded up about 50 of our group this morning at 9 a.m. and herded us onto a bus for a long ride out of town. We headed into the pampas ("plains") about 146 km (79 miles) Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 7, 2013
- Let's Tango!Another day with no "down time." We were up and out after breakfast to head to the Tigre delta, just north of Buenos Aires. Our bus left at the height of morning rush hour, so the 18 mile drive took Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 7, 2013
- New Hotel, Same CityThis morning, we packed our bags, at breakfast, and checked out of the Holiday Inn Express. A short taxi ride delivered us to the Hotel Emperador where we could meet with our Vantage Tour group. Since we arrived at 8:00 Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 7, 2013
- A Quiet Sunday in the Southern HemisphereSunday is a day of rest — unless you are John and Susie on vacation. We were up before 7 a.m. (Why? We could have slept until 9:00...)
Breakfast is part of the deal here, and it was good: 0J, coffee, Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 7, 2013
- Setting Foot in South America: Buenos Aires, ArgentinaWe arrived in Buenos Aires, Argentina, at about 9:30 a.m. We zipped through Customs and went to get our checked bags — and they were there! Yeah, we don't have to wear the same undies for a month! After that Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 7, 2013
- South American Highlights and SummaryNumber of days in South America:81
Peru: 21 days
Bolivia: 11 days
Chile: 13 days
Paraguay: 3 days
Brazil: 20 days
Uruguay: 4 days
Argentina: 9 days
34 different accommodations
+2 revisit Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Oct 30, 2013
- Week 3: Puerto Iguazu to Buenos AiresFrom the Brazilian side of Iguazu falls we made our way to the Argentian side. Having got to Argentina, and after 3 weeks of beer and caipirinhas, top of our list was to find some nice wine! We found a Posted by Dave and P in Our South American Adventure | Oct 30, 2013
- Excursions from Buenos AiresWednesday 23rd October
==San Antonio de Areco==
Our first trip was an overnight stay in the town of San Antonio de Areco, a traditional Gaucho cowboy town about two hours away from Buenos Aires within Las Pampas.
The town d Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Oct 26, 2013
- Buenos AiresSaturday 19th October
After our exciting trip almost into the bad lands of Boca, we finally arrived at our appartment, in one piece late on Friday evening at our apartment block to find that we had been moved to Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Oct 25, 2013
- Day 5: Iguazu FallsToday we went back to Argentina to visit their side of Iguazu Falls. We walked along the top of the falls (yesterday we went along the bottom). Then we went for a speedboat ride right up into the falls, and Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 20, 2013
- SaltaWell, I am getting into some WOW factor now, but am too stupid to be able to put on some photos, so that makes me frustrated. Prompts are in Spanish so although most things can be anticipated there is one, Posted by Jen Tallarook in South America 10th Oct 2013 | Oct 20, 2013
- Day 3: Buenos AiresToday some of us opted to take the train out to the northern suburbs of Buenos Aires, and cycled to an area called Tigre.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/63 Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 18, 2013
- CordobaI really think that all the long haul buses in Argentina should pool their money and buy out Aereolieas... they know how to run human cargo. Seats that are way comfortable, movies, coffee and cold water on tap, leave on Posted by Jen Tallarook in South America 10th Oct 2013 | Oct 15, 2013
- Day 2: Buenos AiresAnother beautiful day in Buenos Aires!!
This morning we went to Recoleta Cemetary, which holds the most famous and powerful Argentineans. We saw the graves of Presidents, military officials, and other prominent Argentinean. The tour guide described it Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 14, 2013