- Mar Del Plata
For the past three days we have been in Mar Del Plata, on the coast of Arg Posted by chrisnrach2015 in Our Latin America Adventure | Apr 1, 2015
- TRANSPORTATION STRIKE HITS ARGENTINASo as planned, the transportation strike went ahead. Did it transpire as expected? Well maybe for some but for us, there were some things that worked out better than others. As it happens, some taxis were running so I Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Mar 31, 2015
- WHAT’S NEW BUENOS AIRES?Hola from beautiful Buenos Aires
We are just back at our hotel resting our feet before dinner after a wonderful start to our holiday.
We arrived at our hotel around 5pm yesterday after 26 hours of straight forward travel. The worst part Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Mar 29, 2015
- Buenos AiresThe bags have arrived, hurray! As Auntie Mary pointed out yes, we do have trouble with bags at airports. But at least this time we didn't have to empty them in the middle of check-in and distribute the contents amongst Posted by chrisnrach2015 in Our Latin America Adventure | Mar 28, 2015
- Made it to Buenos Aires...We're here! After a delayed flight from London we only just made our connection from Madrid. We were those annoying people you see running through airports to get to the gate just before it closed. Luckily we made it though. Posted by chrisnrach2015 in Our Latin America Adventure | Mar 28, 2015
- Los AntiguosLos Antiguos is the cherry capital of Argentina. It also has a very pretty lake. Other than that there's not much to it! Lonely Planet's is very useful but one of its flaws is that it makes everything sound brilliant Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Mar 22, 2015
- Patagonia Re-entry into the civilized world was surprisingly abrupt and far from subtle. While I was working on the ranch, the South American holiday season had begun, and the once quiet town of Puerto Varas had Posted by jakegambling in Jake Gambling's Great Adventure | Mar 21, 2015
- Cerro Fitz RoyHaving arrived at the base of Torres mountains in thick cloud we were hoping for better luck for the famous Cerro Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre.
We took the 8am bus from El Calafate to El Chalten. Fitz Roy is Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Mar 20, 2015
- Perito Moreno glacierThis section of our Patagonian exploration was across the border from Chile to Argentina. We took the 8:30am bus from Puerto Natales to El Calafate. It took 5 hours but a fair bit of time of taken up with everyone Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Mar 18, 2015
- The Patagonian Fjords - Monday, 2 March 2015Slept fantastically last night and didn't feel any of the rough bits.
Awoke to a nice sunny day but that changed dramatically and now it's foggy, raining and blowing a gale. It's just as well we are spending all day on Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- The Patagonian Fjords - Sunday, 1 March 2015We ordered breakfast for 6.00 am as we were boarding the zodiac at 8.00 am for our close up viewing of the Garibaldi Glacier.
At 7.30 am we were anchored in front of the Garibaldi Glacier. And at 8.00am we were Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- Cape Horn & the Beagle Channel - Saturday, 28 February 2015[center][/center]
Position - 55°54.41'S
Sunrise - 6.47 am
Sunset - 8.24 pm
Big surprise today. This morning when we woke up we were anchored in front of Cape Horn. Cape Horn is on the southern tip of the American contine Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- Ushuaia - Friday, 27 February 2015Had a great sleep and woke up early as we wanted to have breakfast and be dressed and ready to say goodbye to our "white group".
We looked out our window this morning and sometime during the night this great monster Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Mar 15, 2015
- Cruising the Drake Passage - Thursday, 19 February 2015Had a fabulous sleep last night and woke up just in time for our breakfast to be delivered. We are both feeling a lot better today.
We all congregated at 9.30 am for a briefing on Antarctica about what to wear Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Mar 15, 2015
- Cruising the Drake Passage - Wednesday, 18 February 2015We had a good night's sleep and awoke to quite a swell, about 4 to 5 metres. I have put my motion sickness wrist bands on, have a patch behind my ear and have taken a sea sick pill given Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Mar 12, 2015
- Buenos Aires to Ushuaia, Argentina - Tuesday, 17 Feb 2015We were in bed by 9.30 pm last night, with the alarm set for 4.00 am. I woke at about 3.30 am and dozed until the alarm went off. We went down for breakfast at 4.40 am and shared it Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Mar 12, 2015
- Wandering DaughterThis is a slight cheat with both my title and subheading being songs, but I couldn't quite bring myself to have Ice Ice Baby as the song represented by this blog, plus it doesn't quite account for the whole period Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Mar 3, 2015
- Ushuaia and the Beagle ChannelAfter yesterday's turbulent encounter with Cape Horn we sailed serenely into the port of Ushuaia. We had a booked tour this morning and our rendezvous was scheduled for 0730. Everything proceeded so smoothly we were aboard the coach Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 28, 2015
- Cape Horn, Meeting of Three OceansWe woke to find the ship fighting strong winds and currents under an overcast sky. No significant sunrise event and with temperatures around 7°C I didn't spend much time on the open deck. As we had our breakfast Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 28, 2015
- At Sea - Still Heading SouthThe clouds and colours of this morning's sunrise went through a lot of changes over 45 minutes. We're still at sea heading South towards the Falkland Islands. The outside temperature is about 10°C and will get progressively colder over Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 24, 2015
- Sea Day - Heading SouthEarly morning temperatures are markedly cooler as we head ever further towards Antarctica. I captured the sunrise after a less than promising start. I'm still trying to work out why the biggest, blackest and ugliest cloud is always Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 24, 2015
- Buenos Aires, ArgentinaThis morning the ship entered the Rio de la Plata under the guidance of the river pilot. The river is 100 miles wide but there are limited navigable channels. The sunrise was delayed due to an overcast sky. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 21, 2015
- Second Sea Day to Buenos AiresWith a solid overcast this morning there was no visible sunrise. The ship in off the coast of Argentina heading for Buenos Aires. Temperatures are down and the waves are up but the size of the ship ensures Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 20, 2015
- Sea Day To Buenos AiresWith the clocks set back by an hour, the sunrise this morning was scheduled for 0554. Minutes before the scheduled sunrise the light reflected from the clouds created an amazing golden scene. The ship is heading SouthWest in Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 19, 2015
- Second Day In RioWoke up this morning to another spectacular sunrise. I've been using that word a fair bit lately but there just aren't better words to describe it. There were very few people out on deck this morning. We Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 18, 2015