- Kicking off PatagoniaEl Calafate. Flying into El Calafate felt like arriving in a small Colorado airport. Once outside the views and the fresh air replenishes you. On the way to the small town of El Calafate (population 18,000) it looked like Posted by mcpherson.nyc in Kirkwood Adrift | Jan 31, 2013
- Leaving Peru... and Passing through BALima. Luckily, Ryan shares an appreciation for my favorite activity in a new foreign city: a bike tour. As we took the cab from the airport to the hotel, it became clear that Lima has huge traffic problems. Lima Posted by mcpherson.nyc in Kirkwood Adrift | Jan 31, 2013
- Iguazu to Cafayate30th January – We left Iguazu Falls behind us for now to move on to our next destination. Our flight was due to leave at 11am but they changed the time at the last minute to 12.40. So we hung Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Jan 31, 2013
- Cross-fit in the park!!Man are we going through water fast!! Could it be 1. The heat (there are two temperatures per day, one is the actual thermometer-temp and the other is what temp it FEELS like because it is sooo humid.. Today's hottest Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Jan 30, 2013
- Iguazu Falls28th January – Today we said farewell to Uruguay and were ready for a day of travel. It was sad to leave after our fleeting visit. Had we known how lovely it was we would have arranged a longer stay. Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Jan 30, 2013
- Breakfast[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/96284/180_42212F8E2219AC68170CD839EA5A0FC9.j Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Jan 29, 2013
- Today the heat got to meAt home I get hot coffee to go and have to wait for it to cool before I can drink it.
Here, I get fresh-squeezed juice to go and have to wait for it to cool before drinking ;) It's Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Jan 28, 2013
- Tango en ArgentinosI'm writing this after an amazing dinner and a strawberry daiquiri so.. Forgive me any accidental typos :) I guess when I left off we had just been in a car accident (don't get your hopes up, Jenny, I feel Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Jan 27, 2013
- Buenos Aires! We're here. Life is good.
Over and out.
No, just kidding :)
The flight went smoothly, the food was good (!) (except for the "English breakfast".. I will never understand the meaning if baked beans in tomato sauce) and I Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Jan 26, 2013
- Mijn raad voor Cyril...Zoals de meesten onder jullie al weten, is ook mijn oudste zus Delphine van haar derde spruit bevallen. Op 12 september 2012 zag Cyril, broertje van Briël en Berenice, het licht!
Ik zat op de Perhentian eilanden in Maleisië toen Delphine Posted by saar30s in A flapper's journey | Jan 25, 2013
- Tigre and San IsidroWe decided to head 30km north of Buenos Aires today to visit Tigre and San Isidro.
Tigre lies on the Parana Delta. The town sits on an island created by several streams and rivers and was founded in 1820. The area Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Jan 24, 2013
- Buenos AiresWe had a big day today. We went out and saw the sights of Buenos Aires. We took the hop on hop off bus. We headed out of the hotel at 8am and got back at 4.30pm and we can Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Jan 24, 2013
- Buenos AiresI had planned a spare day for today just in case we were severely jet lagged. But we were not as bad as expected. We decided to take a walk into the Recoleta and Retiro areas as that was only Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Jan 22, 2013
- Sydney to Buenos AiresWe boarded our flight on time and because we were in business class we had priority boarding. It was nice not having to wait in line. We found our seats and quickly settled in. Before we had even left the Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Jan 22, 2013
- Day 87 to 89 : El CalafateWe arrived in El Calafate in the middle of the afternoon after a 8h bus ride crossing the border of Argentina for the first time of our trip ! It is the fourth country we visit during our adventures ! Posted by annagreg in 5 months in South America | Jan 15, 2013
- Holiday Photos
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/385629/DA074B562219AC68176A93C567197A8 Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Jan 12, 2013
- Sunny Buenos AiresI spent today at a water park called Parque Norte with a few thousand people with much more melanin in their skin than me. Even after aggressive reapplications of sun screen throughout the day, I sit in my room tonight Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Jan 11, 2013
- Tierra del Fuegowoa.- [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWSp0m9G2U|♫ what a feeling ♫]] to reach [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahzKdLUYcv0|the end of the road]] after leaving New York 1.5 years and 36,680 KM ago.
[[https://picasaweb.google.com/10602359200020 Posted by freddop in Vagabundeando -surfing the Panamericana | Jan 10, 2013
- Patagonia.The beginning of Patagonia was technically already reached in Valdivia, but for me it really started with the ferry to the beginning of the carretera Austral.
The region was incredible, from seemingly untouched wilderness and glaciers to people taking su Posted by freddop in Vagabundeando -surfing the Panamericana | Jan 9, 2013
- Argentina - Puerto IguazuCrossing into Argentina, Puerto Iguazu is a much smaller town and we stayed at Hostel Inn for a few days to bring in the new year. With a pool, bar and loads of other facilities it really is a backpackers Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Jan 2, 2013
- El Zorro´s AsadoAfter 5 days in the mountains we arrived at Cliff´s house in perfect time for another food fest - Hector (El Zorro) was cooking up a storm in the form of a Cazuelo (stew) in a dutch oven over the Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Jan 6, 2013
- Looders in the WildAfter stuffing our faces for nearly a whole week and being hostelbound due to rain we were chomping at the bit to get out and about. On advice from the hostel owners we decided to go on a 2 day Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Jan 5, 2013
- Christmas Wonderland21st Dec:
We really don't know how long we''re staying at the hostel La Casona de Odile. Aine has a friend of a friend living somewhere in the hills around these parts but trying to locate him Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | Jan 3, 2013
- When Plans Change...
With one-step I was walking, the next, I was limping. I didn’t think much of it, my left knee has bothered me for years, and I figured this to be just another episode. Throughout the week, it ha Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Dec 31, 2012
- Far from tee total in Mendoza21 Dec
We made it. Even though we were on the bus for a longer period of time than the Santa Cruz-Salta journey, my feet don’t look as bad. Some swelling, yes; but, overall, it’s all good in the hood.
One thing Posted by alexis.johnson in Trippin' | Dec 27, 2012