- Day 5A slow start to the day, breakfast and then pack the bags. Headed down at 9.00 and had the owner call a taxi, 20 min wait.
A fairly quick trip to the airport where we found the LATAM que. did Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 22, 2016
- Day 4A fairly relaxed start to the day after a midnight finish yesterday. We got kicked up at 9.00 and it was of too polo. It took 2 hours to get there, out beyond the main airport, lots of traffic going Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 21, 2016
- Day 3Well if the first day was about planes and the second about trains today was about bikes, and trains but more on that later.
A casual start to the day and off to see if the supermarket was open, no, Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 20, 2016
- Day 2A slowish start to the day. Set off at 8.00 to try and find something to eat. Headed for the main road where we found a bakery and had some empanadas. Then a Walk through the parks back to the Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 19, 2016
- Day 1I think it's actually day 1 and 1/2 due to crossing the international date line and landing before we take off, the 17 th December never seem to end.
First flight was the worst. Jetstar for a 3.5h flight at night. Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 18, 2016
- BA & Buh-bye South America! So, my visit to Buenos Aires was actually a really disjointed one which I have amalgamated into a single blog post as my final entry for Argentina, as well as for South America (I KNOW, I can't believe it!!). I Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 28, 2016
- ArgentinaWe arrived in Buenos Aires on 11 November 2016. Darren's Phantom 4 quadcopter made it through without raising an eyebrow. The next thing was to catch a taxi to San Telmo where we were staying. I'd read that there are Posted by robbotravels in Robbotravels to...... | Nov 25, 2016
- Iguazu Falls <3The flight to Iguazu was a little rocky, not the most fun for this hungover girl. Who again is travelling on a day she has a hangover. Damn. It was easy to take a shuttle to my hostel, check in, Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 25, 2016
- Buenos Aires stop #2I took a taxi from the bus station back to Milhouse Hipo and spent the morning catching up on blog and journal. Met up with Jeff again once he arrived from the airport. I finally convinced him that a tango Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 25, 2016
- Iguazu Fall--ing in love If my natural high after visiting Iguazu falls was any indication.. Those negative ions got to me! They say that air around mountains, big ocean waves and waterfalls produce negative ions that 'make you happy' (serotonin is involved so you Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 22, 2016
- Trading mountains for Mendoza & wine!After so many weeks down south in mountains and cool weather.. It was a big change to spend some time in Mendoza! The weather was... A lot warmer. And the wine was plentiful!
I arrived to the city after a Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 21, 2016
- Glacial El Calafate ActivitiesSo.. the bus to El Calafate... Was another stressor. Now the first bus issue with the reciprocity fee was my screw up. I accept that. But this one was not! I couldn't print my bus ticket at the hostel (no Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 20, 2016
- More mountains in El Chaltén I continued my time in Patagonia with a few days over in El Chaltén in Argentina.
So unfortunately I have to start out with another stressful story.. One in which I was somewhat of an idiot and did not realize Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 20, 2016
- MendozaI woke up in good time for breakfast on the bus. Though the buses in Argentina have proven to be more expensive than anywhere else, they also have the most food with the full suppers and breakfasts, and the most Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 13, 2016
- Brief Buenos Aires visitSo I also wasn't ready for my wake up to see that Trump never lost the lead. It was a surreal morning thinking that I was on the other end of the world, where it was warm, springtime, and then Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 13, 2016
- El Calafate So effing Argentinian buses, I tell yah, they hate me. (I know the first one started in Chilé but it was an Argentina border problem so I still blame Argentina). I checked out of Aylen Aike, took my bags and Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 13, 2016
- El Chaltén So the journey to Argentina and El Chalten via El Calafate was by far the most stressful one of the trip. I did not notice until I was 5 mins from the bus station that the ticket said Canadians, Australians Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 13, 2016
- Best time for travel to ArgentinaIn 1816, the United Provinces of the Rio Plata declared their independence from Spain. After Bolivia, Paraguay, and Uruguay went their separate ways, the area that remained became Argentina. The country's population and culture were heavily shaped by immi Posted by thetraveller1 in Best time for Travel | Nov 4, 2016
- Argentina 2014[/b][img=http Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Sep 4, 2016
- Buenos Aires and UruguayAUGUST 17 – BUENOS AIRES
Today was my full day to see what Buenos Aires has to offer, and it was amazing! I was already impressed with city and the overall atmosphere – it felt like any other large city Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 18, 2016
- What's new, Buenos Aires?What a long day it has been today!
I was up at 2:30 so I could catch my taxi to the airport at 3:00 for my flight at 5:00. The streets were deserted so early in the morning, which Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 16, 2016
- Views of Vino Country...A Gilmpse of ArgentinaOur time in Argentina wasn't brief. To be honest we wished we had longer as we enjoyed loved our small amount of time in this dynamic country. We spent our time in two different wine areas, Salta and Mendoza. Both Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Aug 14, 2016
- ArgentinaAlyssa and I ended our trip with 3 days in Buenos Aires. Why Buenos Aires? Because it was only an inch away from Rio on a map. FYI the international terminal in Rio is the nicest terminal I have ever Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 13, 2016
- Iguassu FallsI managed to get a very good night's sleep and woke ready for a long day of sightseeing. The breakfast at my hotel, the Yvera Cataratas, was simple but delicious: bread, meat and cheese, along with a variety Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 10, 2016
- Farewell Rio, Hello ArgentinaOnce again, an early morning for me today. I arranged to have a driver pick me up at the hostel at 6am so I could reach the airport in time for my flight. Today's trek took me from Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 9, 2016