- Weather with you or four seasons in one day?If you're reading this, WE SURVIVED!!!
Now, before I begin, you might want to fetch yourself a cup tea or coffee first, maybe even a pot...it's been a while since our last post!
So what was it like I hear you say? Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Feb 8, 2014
- Day 2 (our first day awake!)Well here we are. We arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon feeling relatively ok after such a long journey. The flight was good, NEARLY very good. This was me when I thought it was going to be VERY good because Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Feb 5, 2014
- Cruise around Cape Horn in South AmericaDay 18.
Hurry up and wait. Max and Anne, the Aussies, joined us for breakfast again and we sat and talked for over an hour. They were great company in the morning and we will miss them. Check out Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Feb 1, 2014
- Road trip from Salta to CafayeteWe arrived in Argentina and headed straight to the town of Jujuy. We stepped off the bus into what felt like 40 degree hear after being at altitude for such a long time. There we explored the town and sat Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 28, 2014
- Argentina 2014[img=http://p Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Jan 23, 2014
- Elephant Seals... this close!
What a whirlwind day! We arrived in Puerto Madryn after our now familiar long overnight bus ride, thinking we'd just chill out for a day, take a daytour around Peninsula Va Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jan 20, 2014
- How not to do your first day in Buenos AiresAfter a 20 hour bus trip, we arrived in BA, to have my bag stolen about 10 minutes after we got there. After realising we didn't have the address for our hostel (rooky mistake) we made our way Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jan 20, 2014
- The End of the World[float=right][/float]
That's it, the journey in South America was almost over when I finally reached Ushuaia, dubbed the End of the World city, in Argentina. After travelling thousa Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Jan 17, 2014
- Northern ArgentinaQuebrada de Humahuaca - Tilcara (27th December - 28th December)
We have now made it to Argentina, arriving at the border crossing in La Quiaca at 6am on the 27th after a cramped overnight bus ride down from Sucre. Posted by duncan-alice in Duncan & Alice Go RTW! | Jan 16, 2014
- Day 17 Tues 14th JanThere are not enough superlatives to describe today. We went with our guide Neivas to the Argentine side of the falls. Even though it is one enormous falls it is divided into about 275 separate water falls. We walked along Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 14, 2014
- Day 16 Monday 13th JanArrived at Iguassu after a 2 hour plane trip. After we arrived to our hotel, very nice with swimming pool, spa, massage etc. we had lunch watching some pretty serious torrential rain and walked down the street in this township Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 13, 2014
- Day 14 Sat 11 JanToday we had a free day in Buenos Aires to walk around. First up we went to the Opera House –The Teatro Colon. This was opened in 1908 with no expense spared. It is a lush 7 storey building seating Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 13, 2014
- Day13 Fri 10th JanThis morning we were taken on a private bus tour of Buenos Aires. This is such a cosmopolitan city. You would think that you were in Paris or Rome. It is known as the Paris of the Americas. It is Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 13, 2014
- Day12 Thurs 9th JanSorry folks have not been able to connect to the Internet for some reason so a little behind in the travel info.
We had to leave our hotel in La Paz pretty early to catch a flight to Buenos Aires changing Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 13, 2014
- 38. Gun Zoraki Siesta Ertesi sabah erkenden terminaldeyiz...Ogrendik ki en erken yarin aksam yola cikabilecegiz.
Ilk niyetimiz buradan 24 saatlik otobus Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 9, 2014
- How Traveling Alone Can Create A Better ExperienceBefore I started my journey to Argentina I had many people express their concerns--worried about me traveling alone as a woman, and only knowing basic Spanish.
Oh, and I also got the occasional, ¨It´s a 3rd World Country!¨, which it´s Posted by Laurdatri in Sola Backpacker | Jan 7, 2014
- 36. Gun Buzdagina bakmak..Buzdagi denince, bizim memlekette genelde akla buzdaginin gorunmeyen tarafi gelir... mecburen kurcalar dururuz...
Aklimizda belli belirsiz, belgesellerden kalma bir buzdagi imgesi, zihnimizi Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 7, 2014
- Mighty Magallenes5 am bus out of Ushuaia, but it's light out, the feel is similar to those times when we caught the school bus back in the days. Not only the brightness of an early school day, but also the crowd Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 6, 2014
- Flora + Fauna, Iste Patagonya-1Patagonya'ya gelene kadar dunyanin belli bir cografyasinda bu kadar cesitli -ve cogu zaman bilinmedik! -bitki ve hayvan grubu gorecegimizi bilmiyorduk. Guney Amerika'ya adim atar atmaz, malumunuz renkli tropik bitki ve hayvanlar bizi bizden aldi.
O yuzd Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 3, 2014
- 34. Gun Patagonya Misyonu
Katamaranimiz, Beagle Kanal'da son bir durak daha yaptiktan sonra aynen geri donecek. Biz katamaranla donmek yerine daglardan otobus yolculuguyla donmeyi tercih ettigimiz icin Harberton Cifligi (Estancia Harberton) adli bu durakta inmeyi seciyoruz. Cifl Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 1, 2014
- 33. Gun Haydi Penguenleri gormeye !!!
Insan, "penguen gormeye gidiyoruz" denilince ayri bir heveskleniyor..
Memleketin tv kanallarina guven o kadar dustu ki acaba penguenleri gosterirken bizi kandirmis olabilirler mi diye ayri bir heyecan duyuyor.
Adini bir turlu telafuz edemedigim guney Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 1, 2014
- Day 31-32 It's the end of the World, as we know it
When we decided to head out to South America, we never really meant to travel thru Patagonia because it seemed to be a big detour from our initial route to cover the middle parts of the contin Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 30, 2013
- The Perito Moreno glacier[float=left][/float]
[b]Merry Christmas everyone!
I know I know I am now quite late behind with the blog... Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Dec 24, 2013
- 2012 A4 STAR PRINCESS - BUENOS AIRES ==YES - ANOTHER HACIENDA - ARGENTINA STYLE THIS TIME..==
WE ARE GREETED AT THE GATE BY THE DANCERS & I PROMPTLY LOSE THE GUIDE. NOT THAT I AM BOTHERED TOO MUCH. I WILL JUST WANDER AROUND ON MY OWN & HOPE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- Day 24-25 "Good Airs"
Upon arrival to Buenos Aires, we saw a bunch of very familiar looking unfamiliar faces, whose Mediterranean features are unique on this continent, whose European attitudes make them, well, ver Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 22, 2013