- March 3 - BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (Day 1)
Evita's image welcomes us back to Buenos Aires!
Today begins the 4th segment of the world cruise, "Ta Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 3, 2017
- Feb 28 - PUERTO MADRYN, ARGENTINA
We reached the mainland of Argentina before sunrise. This is a city known as the "Gateway to Patagonia".
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/60890144E848 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 1, 2017
- Day 9 - At seaThe day started off nice and sunny so we found a deck chair and stretched out. After a while we looked up and realised the ship was surrounded by a circle of fog even though the sun was still shining!
It Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 26, 2017
- Day 7 - Buenos AiresAfter a leisurely breakfast we disembarked for a final look around Buenos Aires.
We walked east towards some local parks.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/218372/270_DSCF1553.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/218372/thumb_270_DSCF15 Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 26, 2017
- Day 6 - Buenos Aires and boarding the Norweigen SunToday we walked down to the Plaza de la Republic to see the obelisk erected in 1936 to commemorate the fourth centenary of the first foundation of the city.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/218372/270_DSCF1535.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 26, 2017
- Day 5 - Buenos AiresAfter breakfast, which included some very tasty cakes with Dulce de Leche a milky caramel syrup, we set out for a days sightseeing.
The Icaro Hotel is on Montevideo street, two blocks away from the Congressional Plaza and the National Congress Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 24, 2017
- Feb 19 - USHUAIA, ARGENTINA (Day 2)
Our 2nd day in Ushuaia dawned with promising blue skies as we headed out into the Beagle Channel on a 26 passenger Patagonia Adventure Explorer boat trip.
[img=ht Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 21, 2017
- Feb 18 - USHUAIA, ARGENTINA (Day 1)
We had planned and hoped for this to happen - our helicopter flight at "end of the world"! And, in spite of the low clouds and forecasts of rain - it was an unforgetta Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 20, 2017
- Buenos dias, Buenas tardes, Buenas nochesWith the realisation that the ride was over the focus was on Buenos Aries, never been before and if you believe the puff then it is going to be a blast. We all had a couple of extra nights in Posted by ScottyJ in A coddiwomple to the Americas & beyond | Feb 19, 2017
- Back to BA and leaving South America!It was an early morning from Montevideo to get to the bus station for 5:30am! This time the taxi cost the exact same, more proof that that kid was a fucker. Anyways, I've left that in the past. Once I Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Feb 12, 2017
- Tierra del Fuego Just two more days until we arrive at our destination and I’m looking forward to the ride. Both days are around 440kms each with a border crossing back in to Argentina and another crossing of the Andes down into Ushuaia. Posted by ScottyJ in A coddiwomple to the Americas & beyond | Feb 12, 2017
- Chapter 7 - THE Argentinian Supercopa - River Plate vs LanusThere have been a number of key places and events during this trip that have been towards the top of the “to do” list. One of them has been to attend a South American Soccer (or “Futbol”) game.
As part Posted by capetocape2017 in Cape to Cape 2017. By Land. Mostly | Feb 6, 2017
- Adventures in ArgentinaWe decided that if we were travelling all the way to South America for our Antartica trip that we should probably see some of South America beforehand. So we found ourselves renting a cute apartment in Palermo Hollywood, Buenos Aires Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Jan 19, 2016
- South to Patagonia How lucky are we with the weather waking to a glorious sunny day delivering picture postcard views as we ride the short 225km to El Calafate. The hub for “Los Glaciares National Park” and the famous Moreno glacier it is Posted by ScottyJ in A coddiwomple to the Americas & beyond | Feb 5, 2017
- South to Patagonia This morning he saddle up for the 325km ride to El Chalten with about 150km of Argentinean gravel. The first 40km connects us again to the Ruta 40 and the section that has yet not been sealed. With a variety Posted by ScottyJ in A coddiwomple to the Americas & beyond | Feb 5, 2017
- South to Patagonia Today is a treat! After leaving at 8.30am we head out again onto the Ruta 40 to travel 330km to “Estancia La Angostura” a traditional Argentinean farm that has been in the family since 1910 and be treated to a Posted by ScottyJ in A coddiwomple to the Americas & beyond | Feb 5, 2017
- South to Patagonia San Carlos di Bariloche is situated on the shore of the spectacular lake Nahuel Huapi and encircled by soaring mountain peaks. You could be forgiven for thinking that you in the Austrian or Swiss alps as the area is heavily Posted by ScottyJ in A coddiwomple to the Americas & beyond | Feb 5, 2017
- visiting rural points along the Pan American Highway....From the start…….
We all met before the trek in Texas, socialized and inspected the vehicles, paperwork, and
prepared to enter into the journey of a lifetime!
THEN it started…
YOU COULD NOT IMAGINE DRIVING INTO LATIN AMERICA IN YOUR OWN RV1
“I really Posted by rvcampertravele in RV USA to South America | Feb 1, 2017
- Cool Chile & Amazing ArgentinaAlpha had dinner arranged; one of Santiago’s finest Steak/BBQ restaurants and it did not disappoint…..started with Pisco Sour’s, followed by the finest Carmenere with great steaks and ended with, I don’t know what…….
The following day we met with the o Posted by ScottyJ in A coddiwomple to the Americas & beyond | Jan 28, 2017
- El calafate Woke up to find it snowing in the campground, didn't settle. Lots of fresh snow on the mts. A bit of a drive to day and back into Argentina, as we left the national park we came across 10 condors Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Jan 7, 2017
- W walkCooked breakfast all layed on, I like this type of camping. Starting the W walk, an 80km walk in the Torres del Paine National Park. Low cloud so we couldn't see the peaks as we set off at 9.00 which Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Jan 5, 2017
- Day 12Up early and carried our gear the 1km to the hostel where we will join our overland trip later in the day. Back to the appartments to pack the final few things and head off down to the ferry jetty. Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 29, 2016
- Day 11Very slow start to the day and headed into town at 12.30 and hit the same bakery as yesterday for sandwiches which we again at down on the front, not quite as windy as yesterday. Wandered around town, pretty busy Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 28, 2016
- Day 10An earlier start than expected, picked up at 7.30 for our trip to the Tierra del Fuego national park. A short drive and we were in the park where we took a walk through the forest to the shore where Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 27, 2016
- Day 9A lazy start to the day as we were not being picked up for our tour until 9.30. First task as to find some food as everything was closed in town yesterday when we walked through it. Strong cold wind Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 26, 2016