- Sea Day To Buenos AiresWith the clocks set back by an hour, the sunrise this morning was scheduled for 0554. Minutes before the scheduled sunrise the light reflected from the clouds created an amazing golden scene. The ship is heading SouthWest in Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 19, 2015
- Second Day In RioWoke up this morning to another spectacular sunrise. I've been using that word a fair bit lately but there just aren't better words to describe it. There were very few people out on deck this morning. We Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 18, 2015
- Don't cry for me ArgentinaArgentina has been a great start to our South American adventure. In 3 quick weeks we have experienced a variety of cities, climates and people. I'd like to share with you some of our thoughts and observations throughout these 3 Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Feb 17, 2015
- Buenos Aires, Argentina - Monday,16 February 2015We slept in this morning after such a late night and full day yesterday as our Culinary Secrets of Argentina walking tour didn't commence until 11.30 am. Our breakfast room has been changed to level one, specifically for Scenic Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 16, 2015
- Buenos Aires, Argentina - Sunday, 15 February 2015Had a pretty good sleep and woke up before the alarm was due to go off. We have been on tour for a week now - it seems ages since we left home. This beautiful hotel is the Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 16, 2015
- Argentina: Posadas, Iguazu Falls, Salta and Buenos Aires This is our last blog entry for our Argentina trip.
==Jesuit Missions in Posadas==
We left Mendoza, flew to Buenos Aires and then continued onward to Posadas in northern Argenti Posted by janejoe in Antarctica and Argentina | Feb 14, 2015
- Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Argentina - Sat, 14 Feb 2015Happy Valentine's Day
Left our lovely hotel at Iguazu Falls this morning very early at 7.30 am which by the way, is owned by the Orient Express. We had a big day ahead of us. First port of call Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 14, 2015
- Final stages of ArgentinaWe eventually arrived in Córdoba (travelling west over Argentina) after a 21 hour journey from Puerto Iguazu. The bus company we used was called PlusUltra, so we were a little apprehesive as it reminded us of "first price" or "nice Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Feb 13, 2015
- Puerto IguazuOur first big bus trip was the 18 hour journey from BA to Puerto Iguazu. The bus journey itself was surprisingly decent, the seats were more comfortable than a lot of the couches we've ever sat in and reclined back Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Feb 6, 2015
- Argentina: Jesuits of Cordoba, and the Wines of MendozaLeaving the Argentina Patagonia region we moved north into the heartland/center of Argentina. We flew from Puerto Madryn to Buenos Aires, then transferred and continued to Cordoba. After visiting Cordoba we flew to Mendoza.
[map=702714 lat=-32.6792 Posted by janejoe in Antarctica and Argentina | Feb 6, 2015
- WINE WINE & MORE WINE- ARGENTINA STYLEOK this is why I really wanted to come to Argentina. For the wines are super!
This post is only pictures of the our 10 K biking trip around the wine region of Mendoza.
PS. Yes I drank way to Much but Posted by studneski in Studneski Family Adventure 2015 | Feb 3, 2015
- Life in the Desert of ArgentinaThe day after the Gaucho experience we headed inland to the desert to explore. We ended up enjoying a fest of young bar-B-Q goat and learning the ways of the Huarpes Indians. Our host family showed us how to use Posted by studneski in Studneski Family Adventure 2015 | Feb 3, 2015
- Hanging with the Gaucho's in ArgentinaSo we have transitioned into Argentina. The land of Gaucho's and its many diverse landscapes. Since we arrived it has been an action packed adventure. First day in we went straight up into the Andes to learn how to ride Posted by studneski in Studneski Family Adventure 2015 | Feb 3, 2015
- Argentina's Patagonia: Ushuaia, El Calafate, Puerta Madryn
After the end of our cruise to Antarctica we continued our three week tour of Argentina, starting in the region of Patagonia.
Patagonia actually covers the southern areas of both Ar Posted by janejoe in Antarctica and Argentina | Jan 31, 2015
- Buenos Aires - ArgentinaGetting to Buenos Aires was a nearly 30 hour ordeal, with 2 planes, an 11 hour layover and copious amounts of coffee. In all fairness, it was a smooth journey apart from the quite turbulent 14 hour flight, which included Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Jan 30, 2015
- Argentina ContinuedFirst morning in Argentina. I love staying in hostels. I love meeting people from all over, I love how easy it can be to socialize (which is saying alot, because I don't like most people), I do NOT Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Dec 13, 2013
- Don't cry for me... well, you get it.So this my second trip to South America, first one being to Peru in 2010. I always make it a point to take a long flight late in the day, so I can arrive first thing in the morning. Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Dec 12, 2013
- Buenos Aires - Argentina
[b]We are off again for 11 days in Antarctica and three weeks in Argentina.
We begin our tour of Argentina in Buenos Aires, the capitol.
After four days of exploring this amazing city, we fly to the very southern tip Posted by janejoe in Antarctica and Argentina | Jan 18, 2015
- My cultural tour of South AmericaBeautiful old complex city,full of history of changing times with government. Posted by JayleenM in My travels with family | Jan 12, 2015
- Back to Buenos AiresWe spent a relaxing few days enjoying the sunshine in Buenos Aires before heading back to Ireland. It seemed like a much nicer city in the sun than in the pouring rain. We took a walking tour of the centre Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Dec 22, 2014
- Ushuaia After spending an afternoon in Puerto Natales eating and returning camping equipment we boarded our last bus. We were told our journey to Ushuaia could take anywhere between 12 to 15 hours. This was mainly due to the fact that Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Dec 22, 2014
- Destination HeathrowDeparture from Buenos Aires was unremarkable although the River Plate FC fans were still celebrating at the airport.
Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Dec 18, 2014
- Farewell Akedemik Sergey Vavilov Docking at Ushuaia and disembarking was straightforward and by 09.00 it was all over and we were on our way to the airport for our flight back to Buenos Aires. We arrived back in the capital mid afternoon and after Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Dec 10, 2014
- First Day at SeaSaturday 22nd November, at sea;
Weather bright sunshine, wind F3, seas slight.
Enjoyed getting used to life aboard ship. Saw Southern Giant Petrels and Cape Petrels following ship. Margaret first to see a Southern Royal Albatross. Ray McMahon, the resid Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 22, 2014
- Depart Ushuaia21st November Friday
Woke up at 6am and saw our ship arriving in Ushuaia. Had a good view East along Beagle Channel from our hotel window. Ian not very well so cancelled our visit to national park. After a restful day Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 21, 2014