- Adjusting to the time zoneA combination of jetlag and going at it a bit hard the first day meant I hardly slept the second night, with the result that I only just woke up in time to check out of the Ibis hotel. I Posted by liamwimbo in Argentina_Chile_2016 | Apr 9, 2016
- Buenos Aires : A great first 24 hoursAfter a long flight and crossing the date line, it was time for a nice lie-in before going out to explore Buenos Aires. In keeping with Latin American custom, I got up just before midday for a brekkie of coffee Posted by liamwimbo in Argentina_Chile_2016 | Apr 7, 2016
- BACK TO ARGENTINA: AL NORTEMost travellers who arrive in San Pedro de Atacama start their Salar de Uyuni tour (the famous Bolivian salt flats) from there and keep going North once they've crossed the border. However we really wanted to explore the Northern part Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Apr 1, 2016
- Lllao Llao Hotel: a Grande Dame abused by the Great Unwashed[b]What a deception. For a long time I had wanted to visit this "famous" hotel. The setting at the lake and mountainous scenery of Bariloche is spectacular indeed. The architecture is timeless. Service staff was friendly to us, especially at Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Jan 6, 2016
- Mendoza: Argentinian wine countryI took the overnight bus from Viña del Mar across the border back into Argentina to visit Mendoza. The border crossings are really quite something, they take a crazy amount of time, and it's unclear why, and this wasn't the Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Mar 25, 2016
- Iguazu to NW ArgentinaWe managed a pretty uneventful escape from Bariloche - bus to airport, planes and final minibus ride were all amazingly straight forward.
But my god! getting off the plane in Iguazu was like a different planet - felt like being Posted by VGH on tour in South America | Mar 24, 2016
- MENDOZA OR THE WINE PARADISEArriving in Mendoza meant that I finally got to reunite with my friend Ryan!! It was so nice to see him after all those weeks in Brazil while he was hiking in Patagonia. We will be travel buddies until the Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Mar 20, 2016
- Bariloche, ArgentinaSo since last writing we have made it up to Bariloche - meant to be in the low season right now (though seems pretty busy), as typically used as a skiiers base, but also has some sweet tramping to be Posted by VGH on tour in South America | Mar 18, 2016
- TRES CHICAS EN PATAGONIA!After BA it was now time to hop on a plane and head South... much more convenient as the bus would have taken ages! When we arrived in El Calafate we were welcomed by a chilly wind and a beautiful Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Mar 14, 2016
- Argentina's NorthWith the bus finally able to pass through the Andes from Chile to Argentina, we enjoyed the 8 hour bus ride through beautiful scenic mountains into Salta, the largest city in the north of Argentina. We found a nice hostel Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Mar 13, 2016
- BUENOS AIRES (AND URUGUAY FOR A DAY!)Sorry for the delay on posting, I've had big issues with bad internet lately... all good now, so here is a little recap of my latest adventures!
I had a couple of days in BA before the girls arrived, so I Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Mar 12, 2016
- Bariloche: chocolate in the Lake DistrictAfter my adventures in Patagonia, I headed to Bariloche, a popular holiday destination in the Argentian Lake District.
This city is full of artisanal chocolate shops, most of which have gelaterias inside too. As you can imagine, I was in heaven Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Mar 11, 2016
- BA to PatagoniaSo we landed in BA after what seemed like a remarkably short time - did not help with the jetlag! BA is like 15hours behind NZ, and so suddenly we were having to be awake in what felt like the Posted by VGH on tour in South America | Mar 10, 2016
- Time to Board the shipIt is so sad to say goodbye to Ada and Valentyn at La Perla in Buenos Aires. We have had a remarkable time and owe a great debt to our B and B owners. Our third Milongo, this one bringing Posted by mhussen in South America 2016 | Feb 28, 2016
- And it beginsOur trip started with an early arrival at the airport. That was fine. The first oh oh moment came when I could not get the machine to print our luggage tags so we had to go in the lineup for Posted by mhussen in South America 2016 | Feb 28, 2016
- Buenos AiresG
Our "landlord " Ada Mores is a dancer. She and her husband Valentyn gave us a couple of tango lessons. The first one they had us dance then said they will fix it or us. That we could do steps Posted by mhussen in South America 2016 | Feb 28, 2016
- TCHAU BRAZIL, HOLA ARGENTINA!My last stop South on the Brazilian coast was Florianopolis where I stayed for 2 days and 1 night, in between night buses. Another rushed stay when I met travellers who were there for 2 weeks... I felt a bit Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Feb 28, 2016
- Patagonia: Argentinian styleI had had it in my mind that I wanted to go to Patagonia as part of my trip. After looking into the buses, I realised I could fly from Buenos Aires to El Calafate for a similar price to Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Feb 21, 2016
- Bueno Buenos AiresBuenos Aires is a big city and there are many things that I like to think I'll remember about my trip, but in case I don't, I'll try and cover here, the things that I will now associated with Buenos Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Feb 10, 2016
- "Red red wine"As we flew out of Buenos Aires to Mendoza we got a good view of the city from the plane.
We arrived in Mendoza mid afternoon and it was 38 degrees.
Our apt is very sma Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Jan 1, 2016
- Buenos Aires- a summaryOn our last morning Rachel, Sue and I decided to go down to Boca and see the Boca Juniors stadium and the small Carmelito district nearby it. We took a taxi as this was the one area that most people Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 29, 2015
- Bridge Over Troubled WaterOur last day in Buenos Aires and we tried to get in to the Casa Rosada which is supposed to be open on Sunday's and holidays but obviously the Sunday after Christmas doesn't not fall into these categories and we Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 29, 2015
- "so this is it, Merry Christmas, everybodies having fun"Xmas morning we used what'sapp to speak to people back home. It was as if they were in the next room. I'd advise everyone to install it on their smartphones if they are travelling. As long as you have wifi Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 27, 2015
- "Diego , Diego , Diego Maradona"Diego Maradona sends his personal Xmas greetings to all, his Scottish , Welsh and Irish admirers and a " Get it right up yees " ( Spanish to English translation ) to all His English ' friends' and wants Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 25, 2015
- "Don't cry for me Argentina" (cliche alert)Buenos Aires
We have had a very busy 3 days in BA with Sue and Rachel.
We got an earlier flight from Iguazu and then our good luck held as we were ringing the doorbell of the apartment as they were just Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 25, 2015