- Good airs in Buenos Aires (part 1)Caroline
After a lengthy period of writer's block, I'm back. We're hanging out in Buenos Aires for a week as I had to get my Brazilian visa. I expected it to be difficult process requiring quite a few days to sort Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 23, 2015
- Adios ArgentinaWe have settled in to a routine of waking late, popping out for food (and sometimes shopping – me: 5 dresses, one top, two pictures; Jonathan: 4 pairs of trousers, one waistcoat, two pairs of shoes) followed by an afternoon Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Nov 20, 2015
- Y Wladfa150 years ago, a group of Welsh pioneers arrived in Patagonia to set up a colony, which they called Y Wladfa.
Like the Welsh settlers, we too had an epic journey to get here. We had to take an early Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 19, 2015
- Iguazu Falls Photos UploadedAll the photos from Iguazu Falls are now uploaded - well, 94 of them ;-) Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Nov 17, 2015
- On the mend in El ChaltenWe'd set aside three and a half days for walks in Argentina's self-proclaimed capital of trekking. Only once we were there did we discover that tiny, isolated El Chalten could also lay a credible claim to being Argentina's capital of Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 17, 2015
- Iguazu Falls Pt 2The bus arrived promptly and, after picking up a few more people and being introduced to our guide, Diego, we arrived at the main entrance.
Diego was a very patient, relaxed kind of guy. He had a dark pink umbrella, which Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Nov 16, 2015
- Feeling at Home in Vino CountryWe left Salta and it was still raining. It seemed like the rain was never going to end. Our bus was for four hours and then we would arrive in our first vino town in Argentina, Cafayate. Our ride Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 15, 2015
- Iguazu Falls Pt 1Neither words nor pictures can truly describe the falls. You have to see them for yourself – and it takes two days. We booked a trip from Buenos Aires to fly up and do a day on the Argentine side Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Nov 14, 2015
- Steak, Vino and Empanadas!...With a Dash Through ChileWe arrived for a quick stay in San Pedro de Atacama from our Salt Flats tour. The town is firmly on the tourist radar and is a popular destination and stop off for those touring the salt flats compared to Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 13, 2015
- Breaking the iceSam
But we begin with another international bus ride, from Puerto Natales to Argentina's El Calafate. It had a couple of interesting points, including some nice scenery, like this,
Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 11, 2015
- Mi Buenos AiresThings I like about the venues I’ve visited:-
o Several milongas per night
o Several venues within walking distance
o The relaxed, social atmosphere
o Lots of live music, something on somewhere most nights
o Having a table allocated for the evenin Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Nov 10, 2015
- The end of the worldSam
The freezing wind welcomed us to Patagonia, a reminder that we'd come a fair way from the Galapagos. After a rest, we ran some errands in the beautiful town, surrounded by snow-capped mountains on one side and with the Beagle Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 6, 2015
- Hola Buenos AiresWe’ve been here a week now and have visited seven milongas. All have been quite different, even the two in the same venue (but with different organisers). I am really enjoying walking to and from milongas. I am really, really Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Nov 5, 2015
- From the tropics to the snowWhile the Macindoes have been gallivanting around Lima, we've been in and out of five airports, in three countries, over three days. Luckily, everything went smoothly enough, and we're now safely in cold Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world.
We Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 4, 2015
- Vamos ArgentinaIt is entirely possible that 50 is just too old to be spending 13 hours in cattle class on an aeroplane. Apart from the aches that set in the following day, the flight did go very smoothly. It seemed rather Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Oct 31, 2015
- Argentina - The first of South AmericaBuenos Aires
South America here we come
After a great couple of months in Eastern Europe we were excited to begin the next part of our adventure in South Ame Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Oct 6, 2015
- Argentina responds - Iguazu FallsToday we were heading to Argentina to view the Iguazu Falls from the other side. As a Spanish-speaking country, the Falls are known with an alternative spelling to that in Brazil. The falls are definitely worth seeing from both sides Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Aug 10, 2015
- Buenos Aires Grand SplendidTuesday was our last day in Buenos Aires. Too soon! I have absolutely no desire to leave and Gina feels the same. Good food, good friends, good fun...just because we four girls are coexisting in an apartment the size of Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 14, 2015
- Do you mind if I maté?Monday morning saw us saying goodbye to the Marijanovic family way too soon. Frano gave us a quick tour of the family business first--he started his own company selling tires and accessories and performing some repair work--and both Margarita and Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 12, 2015
- Don't cry for me, empanadas According to Gina, we are like the new baby at a family reunion, passed from person to person. It is starting to feel pretty accurate. But honestly, it's marvelous to be spoiled.
Sunday morning Marisa and her boyfriend Raul picked Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 10, 2015
- Cow happiness in Buenos AiresGina, Agustina, Cece and I all got off to rather a slow start on Saturday. Personally, I was still emotionally drained from yesterday. So we lingered over breakfast--strong coffee, juice, croissants and a jar of dulce de leche (a milky Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 7, 2015
- Iguazu FallsHaving already seen one of the worlds most spectacular waterfalls when I visited Niagara, I thought it would be rude not to pay a visit to Iguazu seeing as Val and I were in the area. So we made a Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | Jul 5, 2015
- The eyes of the poetEmotionally, I'm a used Kleenex. A wet rag, a deflated balloon that you find, wrinkled and sagging, behind the couch.
We went to Temperley today.
It is not so much a separate town as a suburb of Buenos Aires, as Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 4, 2015
- Argentina, please Once again wee were up before the sun as we stuffed our bags into a taxi and headed for the bus station. Though we loved Bariloche and want to stay, we are tight for time and already have bus tickets Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 4, 2015
- Hola, Bariloche!We spent Monday night at a hostel in Puerto Montt near the bus terminal, in preparation for the 8:15am bus to San Carlos de Bariloche the next morning. It is an eight hour bus ride on a comfortable double decker Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 2, 2015