- Buenos Aires Grand SplendidTuesday was our last day in Buenos Aires. Too soon! I have absolutely no desire to leave and Gina feels the same. Good food, good friends, good fun...just because we four girls are coexisting in an apartment the size of Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 14, 2015
- Do you mind if I maté?Monday morning saw us saying goodbye to the Marijanovic family way too soon. Frano gave us a quick tour of the family business first--he started his own company selling tires and accessories and performing some repair work--and both Margarita and Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 12, 2015
- Don't cry for me, empanadas According to Gina, we are like the new baby at a family reunion, passed from person to person. It is starting to feel pretty accurate. But honestly, it's marvelous to be spoiled.
Sunday morning Marisa and her boyfriend Raul picked Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 10, 2015
- Cow happiness in Buenos AiresGina, Agustina, Cece and I all got off to rather a slow start on Saturday. Personally, I was still emotionally drained from yesterday. So we lingered over breakfast--strong coffee, juice, croissants and a jar of dulce de leche (a milky Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 7, 2015
- Iguazu FallsHaving already seen one of the worlds most spectacular waterfalls when I visited Niagara, I thought it would be rude not to pay a visit to Iguazu seeing as Val and I were in the area. So we made a Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | Jul 5, 2015
- The eyes of the poetEmotionally, I'm a used Kleenex. A wet rag, a deflated balloon that you find, wrinkled and sagging, behind the couch.
We went to Temperley today.
It is not so much a separate town as a suburb of Buenos Aires, as Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 4, 2015
- Argentina, please Once again wee were up before the sun as we stuffed our bags into a taxi and headed for the bus station. Though we loved Bariloche and want to stay, we are tight for time and already have bus tickets Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 4, 2015
- Hola, Bariloche!We spent Monday night at a hostel in Puerto Montt near the bus terminal, in preparation for the 8:15am bus to San Carlos de Bariloche the next morning. It is an eight hour bus ride on a comfortable double decker Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 2, 2015
- Mendoza und SaltaEine bequeme Nachtbusfahrt brachte uns von Córdoba nach Mendoza, wo wir ein bisschen zu früh dran waren, um unser Zimmer zu beziehen. So erkundeten wir zuerst den Parque General San Martin, der uns allerdings zu solch früher Stunde noch nich Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | May 27, 2015
- Von Jesuiten und RevolutionärenNach unserem Dschungelabenteuer flogen wir (ja, wir werden faul ...) ins Landesinnere in die Universitätsstadt Córdoba. Dort erwartete uns erneut ein Hostel des Grauens, sodass wir am nächsten Tag in ein schmuckes kleines Hotel umzogen. Dort gefiel Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | May 22, 2015
- Dreiländereck mit KnuffelbärVon Buenos Aires stiegen wir bequem in den Flieger, denn der Flug nach Puerto Iguazú im Norden Argentiniens war in unserem LAN-Pass enthalten. Der Anflug war sehr speziell: Man sah nur Regenwald und noch mehr Regenwald und irgendwann, ganz kurz Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | May 20, 2015
- Buenos Aires[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747048/4C6802E30C8F9457FDA0CC675794D61D.jpg Posted by Dansta in Undercover Gringos | May 14, 2015
- Buenos AiresNach so viel Eis und Einöde war wieder Grossstadtleben angesagt: Wir erkundeten die Hauptstadt Buenos Aires!
Unser Lager hatten wir mitten im Stadtzentrum aufgeschlagen in einem - im Nachhinein betrachtet - äusserst dürftigen Hostel. Dieses war Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | May 10, 2015
- Von Geiern und GletschernDie folgende Karte vergegenwärtigt noch einmal den Weg von Punta Arenas bis nach Puerto Williams, den wir mit dem Schiff zurückgelegt hatten (blaue Strecke). Chilenisches Territorium ist gelb (Festland) und rosa (Inseln) eingefärbt, argentinisches grün.
Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | May 9, 2015
- Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls was one of the big ticket items on our trip. One of those things we knew we wanted to go and see even before we'd started reading our guide books. It didn't disappoint. In face it far outdid Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 7, 2015
- Ranch retreatOur next destination in Argentina was the Reserva Esteros del Ibera, a huge wetland reserve in the north east of the country. We would stay in a traditional estancia (ranch) in Colonia Pellegrini village on the banks of Laguna Ibera, Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 6, 2015
- Puerto Iguazu[img=http://pho Posted by Dansta in Undercover Gringos | May 4, 2015
- Late StartersSo we are half way through and have decided to start a blog so easier to update everyone.
We arrived in Posadas Argentina yesterday after a 17 hour bus ride which turned into an 18 hour one due to the Posted by Dansta in Undercover Gringos | May 2, 2015
- Steak in the city7 activities in 7 days didn't leave much time to enjoy the real attraction of Bariloche - CHOCOLATE!! It's famous for it. So on our last morning in town we wandered down to Mamuschka (apparently the best of the bunch) Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Apr 26, 2015
- Hiking and KayakingAfter all the excursions of rafting and cycling we had a "rest day" followed by an overnight kayak trip. But Andy couldn't come to Patagonia without spending at least one day hiking. I would never turn down a day in Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Apr 26, 2015
- Le Tour De Bariloche (Guest Blog!)After 3 days of non stop wine drinking in Mendoza, I headed south to meet the girls in Bariloche for a much needed week of activities! I arrived to find 2 tanned, serious looking travellers who immediately judged my rather Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Apr 26, 2015
- Iguazu falls Left the ranch at 11am for a full days travel...again!
An hour coach to the Uruguayan/argentinian border, another hour to the lunch stop, 20 minutes to the coach station to wait an hour for the 17-19 hour coach journey to iguazu Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Apr 21, 2015
- Nahuel Huapi TraverseIf I can't make this a decent blog then there is no hope for me, there so much good material! Our plan was to hike for 5 days through the Nahuel Huapi National Park staying in refugios. We got the Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Apr 19, 2015
- April 13-14 -BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
Sunrise as we approached Buenos Aires - the city is home to 4 million of Argentina's 28 million people.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/A4347562E1010 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 16, 2015
- Arriving in BarilocheIt was wet and gloomy when we left Puerto Varas. We got pretty damp trekking up to the bus station but it seemed like good weather for a travel day. The bus took 6.5 hours to Bariloche including the on Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Apr 8, 2015