Blog Entries tagged 'Asia'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Asia'
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives Wins Awards & Accolades
International Culinary Challenge Maldives, 2016 Hotel Asia Exhibition
Holiday Inn Resort® Kandooma Maldives - for the 2nd consecutive year, hauled the most medals and awards during the r Posted by achiveatanycost in Best resort in Maldives | Oct 12, 2016
- Couchsurfing the Last Days in SingaporePrior to arriving in Singapore, I had planned to stay all the days doing couchsurfing. Looking back now, it was better to split up the time I had in the city. The first half was over and I had seen Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 25, 2015
- First Days in SingaporeSingpore - my first Asian country I traveled to. I was not only excited to explore a new part of the world, but also a new culture. All places I had been to were to some extent westernized. Even in Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 21, 2015
- Yaki CurryYaki Curry or bAked curry in English is a specialty dish in Kitakyushu city, especially the Mojiko region (Fukuoka prefecture). In Chinese culture, we have a lot of baked rice dishes and curry is one of them but however Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 17, 2016
- Obihiro ButadonThe Obihiro butadon is a famous local dish in the region of Tokachi in Hokkaido. Every butadon in the nation of Japan looks up to the butadon in Obihiro because that's where it was originated from. In this Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 10, 2016
- Sentosa and the death defying crossingSo back when she was little.....mmm.....over 30 years ago, Mummy of Emma, aka Christine Wright, lived for a time on Sentosa Island in Singapore.
A little bit has chan Posted by emmaabroad in Singapore | Apr 8, 2016
- Ika YakiIka yaki is one of many great foods in Osaka. You might of heard of the other kinds of yaki which Osaka serves like Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki but these two aren't the only food in Osaka which has the Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Dec 13, 2015
- Top 10 Visited Places and Countries in AsiaAsia is the Earth’s largest and most populous continent, located primarily in the eastern and northern hemispheres. Though it covers only 8.7% of the Earth’s total surface area, it comprises 30% of Earth’s land area, and has historically been home Posted by travellerview in World's Most Visited Tourist Places | Dec 2, 2015
- Vietnam: The Overview[center][/center]
The best way to plan a vacation? Sit around one evening with your buddy drinking a few beers watching a Top Gear special that takes place in some far away location, if Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 15, 2015
- A Tale of Two Cities[center][/center]
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness.." - Not really true, I stole all of that from [[http://www Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 14, 2015
- Walking a Sea of Green[center][/center]
[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa_Pa|Sa Pa]], a hilly region in the Northwest of Vietnam, that is littered with scattered towns and rice fields carved out of the hills i Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 10, 2015
- A Mountain Top Birthday Celebration in Bhutan
© The Wind Riders. All rights reserved.
Kuzoozangpo La - Greetings!
Have you ever been to Bhutan, Land of the Thunder Dragon, otherwise known as the country which invented the [[htt Posted by The Wind Riders in The Wind Riders | Nov 5, 2015
- A Night Out on Halong Bay[center][/center]
[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%E1%BA%A1_Long_Bay|Halong Bay]] is situated in the North of Vietnam, to the east of their capital city Hanoi. It’s a large bay fill Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 29, 2015
- Food and Drink: The Red Bridge Cooking Class[center][/center]
Our last day in Hoi An, Corey and I were enrolled in the [[http://www.visithoian.com/redbridge/index.html|Red Bridge Cooking Class]]. Running from 9-3 I think it wa Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 29, 2015
- Discovering Myanmar (Part 1)[center][/center]
© The Wind Riders. All rights reserved.
We’re a family of three who love to travel. Getting ready for our next big trip to Europe and North Afr Posted by The Wind Riders in The Wind Riders | Oct 28, 2015
- Coconut Boating and a Top Gear-esque Suit![center][/center]
We spent two days and nights in [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%E1%BB%99i_An|Hoi An]], it’s a centrally located town to the south of Da Nang on the Eastern shoreline Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 18, 2015
- Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and the Tomb Raider TempleMy previous post covered my thoughts, and I guess disappointments, of my time in Siem Reap. I wanted to keep everything below separate, as what I saw was really spectacular, and I did not want my negative musings to Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 16, 2015
- An Introduction to Siem Reap[center][/center]
When planning my Asian adventure, I found myself with a 4 day gap between Vietnam with Corey, and Thailand with the Irish crew. Ever since seeing a documentary on Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 16, 2015
- A Pikachu in Hiroshima 2015We're back from our trip to Hiroshima, which means only one thing... A new Around The World With Pikachu video! You can view on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXrrRaP0fMs
We had an amazing time in Hiroshima and have plenty to write about Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Oct 11, 2015
- The Killing Fields of Choeung EkWhile in Phnom Penh, I spent one morning visiting the [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_Fields|Killing Fields]] and [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuol_Sleng_Genocide_Museum|Security Prison 21 (S-21)]]. In 1975 Pol Pot took control of Cambodia aft Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 5, 2015
- Martini's from the FCC Rooftop Bar[center][/center]
I was in [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phnom_Penh|Phnom Penh]] for two days before heading to Phuket. After Vietnam, I found Cambodia to be much more subdued, a Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 5, 2015
- Saving the Gibbons and Good Curry[center][/center]
Phuket is one of Thailand’s largest tourist hubs, and ended up being a great place to meet up with friends, and make some new ones. Coming together from Ireland, Japan, a Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 4, 2015
- I'm on a Boat! (Phi Phi style)[center][/center]
Our motley crew of Irish, Canadian, and Kiwi/Irish/Japanese spent four days on [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phi_Phi_Islands|Phi Phi Island]] (pronounced Pee Pee), bu Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 4, 2015
- On the road to Mandalay...[center]Dear Blogasphere, it has been a long time since my last entry, and for this I can only apologise!
I find myself once again on foreign soil - this time I have moved to Mandalay in Myanmar (formally Burma) for another Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Sep 5, 2015
- JERASH, JORDAN
On the last day of my 6 day tour of Jordan, we headed north, to the ancient Roman ruins of Jerash. Above is a photo of me under Hadrian's Arch.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 20, 2015