Blog Entries tagged 'Asia'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Asia'
- Vietnam: The Overview[center][/center]
The best way to plan a vacation? Sit around one evening with your buddy drinking a few beers watching a Top Gear special that takes place in some far away location, if Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 15, 2015
- A Tale of Two Cities[center][/center]
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness.." - Not really true, I stole all of that from [[http://www Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 14, 2015
- Walking a Sea of Green[center][/center]
[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa_Pa|Sa Pa]], a hilly region in the Northwest of Vietnam, that is littered with scattered towns and rice fields carved out of the hills i Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 10, 2015
- A Mountain Top Birthday Celebration in Bhutan
© The Wind Riders. All rights reserved.
Kuzoozangpo La - Greetings!
Have you ever been to Bhutan, Land of the Thunder Dragon, otherwise known as the country which invented the [[htt Posted by The Wind Riders in The Wind Riders | Nov 5, 2015
- A Night Out on Halong Bay[center][/center]
[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%E1%BA%A1_Long_Bay|Halong Bay]] is situated in the North of Vietnam, to the east of their capital city Hanoi. It’s a large bay fill Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 29, 2015
- Food and Drink: The Red Bridge Cooking Class[center][/center]
Our last day in Hoi An, Corey and I were enrolled in the [[http://www.visithoian.com/redbridge/index.html|Red Bridge Cooking Class]]. Running from 9-3 I think it wa Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 29, 2015
- Discovering Myanmar (Part 1)[center][/center]
© The Wind Riders. All rights reserved.
We’re a family of three who love to travel. Getting ready for our next big trip to Europe and North Afr Posted by The Wind Riders in The Wind Riders | Oct 28, 2015
- Coconut Boating and a Top Gear-esque Suit![center][/center]
We spent two days and nights in [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%E1%BB%99i_An|Hoi An]], it’s a centrally located town to the south of Da Nang on the Eastern shoreline Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 18, 2015
- Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and the Tomb Raider TempleMy previous post covered my thoughts, and I guess disappointments, of my time in Siem Reap. I wanted to keep everything below separate, as what I saw was really spectacular, and I did not want my negative musings to Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 16, 2015
- An Introduction to Siem Reap[center][/center]
When planning my Asian adventure, I found myself with a 4 day gap between Vietnam with Corey, and Thailand with the Irish crew. Ever since seeing a documentary on Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 16, 2015
- A Pikachu in Hiroshima 2015We're back from our trip to Hiroshima, which means only one thing... A new Around The World With Pikachu video! You can view on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXrrRaP0fMs
We had an amazing time in Hiroshima and have plenty to write about Posted by Gavin_w207 in Whatever Happened to Kathy and Gavin? | Oct 11, 2015
- The Killing Fields of Choeung EkWhile in Phnom Penh, I spent one morning visiting the [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_Fields|Killing Fields]] and [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuol_Sleng_Genocide_Museum|Security Prison 21 (S-21)]]. In 1975 Pol Pot took control of Cambodia aft Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 5, 2015
- Martini's from the FCC Rooftop Bar[center][/center]
I was in [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phnom_Penh|Phnom Penh]] for two days before heading to Phuket. After Vietnam, I found Cambodia to be much more subdued, a Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 5, 2015
- Saving the Gibbons and Good Curry[center][/center]
Phuket is one of Thailand’s largest tourist hubs, and ended up being a great place to meet up with friends, and make some new ones. Coming together from Ireland, Japan, a Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 4, 2015
- I'm on a Boat! (Phi Phi style)[center][/center]
Our motley crew of Irish, Canadian, and Kiwi/Irish/Japanese spent four days on [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phi_Phi_Islands|Phi Phi Island]] (pronounced Pee Pee), bu Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Oct 4, 2015
- On the road to Mandalay...[center]Dear Blogasphere, it has been a long time since my last entry, and for this I can only apologise!
I find myself once again on foreign soil - this time I have moved to Mandalay in Myanmar (formally Burma) for another Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Sep 5, 2015
- JERASH, JORDAN
On the last day of my 6 day tour of Jordan, we headed north, to the ancient Roman ruins of Jerash. Above is a photo of me under Hadrian's Arch.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 20, 2015
- MADABA & THE DEAD SEA, JORDAN
Today we drove from Wadi Musa to the Dead Sea. Its about a 3hr drive, so we made a few stops along the way to break it up. Our first stop was the Crusader fortress of Shobak Castle. We Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 19, 2015
- PETRA, JORDANAll who travel to Jordan end up in Petra. And it is for good reason ... its incredible! To be fully honest, I didn't even realize Petra was a real place until 3yrs ago. I had been planning a trip Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 14, 2015
- EPHESUS & KUSADASI, TURKEY
From Pamukkale my original plan was to go to Fethiye, but Fethiye's forecast was rain for the next 5 days :( So I headed to Kusadasi instead. Minibuses headed there take 3hrs, and cost Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 13, 2015
- PAMUKKALE & HIERAPOLIS, TURKEY
I took a 10hr night bus to Pamukkale from Goreme for $28CAD. During the last hour the bus stopped, woke everyone up, and switched from the bus to several vans. Not sure why as no one s Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 7, 2015
- CAPPADOCIA, TURKEY
Cappadocia ... WOW! Its as awesome as I was hoping it would be! From hot air ballooning over the valley of hoodoos, to cave dwellings and underground cities ... such a unique place to Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Aug 6, 2015
- ISTANBUL, TURKEY
Istanbul ... my favorite city! And I don't say that lightly ... I have been to many countries, even more cities, and all continents but one ... so when I say Istanbul is my favorite Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Jul 31, 2015
- Brainstorm, book and go!
'===Who'd have thought I would actually book it....==='
After long conversations with my closest friends and family I was ready to book my first long distance, travelling, holiday, alone. I had no idea where i wanted to go or what i Posted by Tribuzio in My gap fortnight and a half! | Jun 6, 2015
- To the Intercontinental Border: Asia - EuropeYekaterinburg, December 29th 2014
When I was in Istanbul, I had difficulty figuring out whether I was on the Asian side or on the European side.
But here, I can tell for sure wheth Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jun 1, 2015