- The Man From Snowy River
The scenery of Mansfield became well known as the location for the 1981 film The Man From Snowy River ,
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/Craigs_Hut_View_fence. Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Mar 22, 2015
- Sydney - Canberra - Monday, 13 April 2015We both woke up at 1am and tossed and turned. By 4am we were still awake and decided to watch the last day of the Masters Golf from Augusta. We have never suffered from jet lag like this Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 25, 2015
- Santiago to Sydney - Sunday, 12 April 2015We had a good flight and landed in Sydney at about 6 pm. Called into duty free and bought some grog and perfume. Breezed through immigration and customs. It is nice to be in a country where Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 25, 2015
- Follow up Stories[[http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2014/07/25/4053857.htm?site=conversations|Muttaburra Stories]]
Tuesday 29 July 2014 12:05AM
[[http://www.abc.net.au/l Posted by Dino Explorers in Dinosaur Triangle | Feb 7, 2015
- Build A Bear - Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia - Youtube Link==[[http://youtu.be/EyNvrEPAS5k|CLICK HERE]]== Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Apr 25, 2015
- Mount Stirling - Victoria
Making the most of the beautiful scenery, I headed up to Mount Stirling for a day of alpine walking with my trusty rusty truck
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016 Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Mar 22, 2015
- Day 6: Silverton, NSWIt's very windy and cool here today.
After a leisurely breakfast and walk with Zayney, we went into Silverton. We've been here before so knew what to expect .... It's a ghost town with very few buildings left, crumbling ruins Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 25, 2015
- Menindee LakesThe Menindee Lakes are only about an hour's drive from Broken Hill so we arrived quite early in the day - a beautiful day of about 25 degrees.
Leaving Broken Hill, we drove through the hills that surround that area then Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvan | Apr 24, 2015
- Day 5: Mildura - Broken Hill - SilvertonWe have a very poor phone/internet connection so will update this page in more detail later.
We had a good journey from Mildura to Broken Hill stopping at a lovely picnic spot for lunch at an annabranch of the Darling River.
Photo Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 24, 2015
- Day 4: MilduraToday was spent relaxing by the Murray ... We went for a long walk with Zayney along a bush track, then relaxed, sitting by the Murray.
Tomorrow we are off to Broken Hill. Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 24, 2015
- Mildura to Broken HillA fairly straightforward trip from Mildura to Broken Hill - long easy to drive highway - through lots of saltbush plains, mulga, - a largely pale mint green bush and red dirt landscape.
Lots Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvan | Apr 23, 2015
- Horses - Delatite Farm, Victoria
Mark & Fenella have some beautiful horses on the farm, with Millie becoming an excellent eventer in show jumping and dressage.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/Millie_Jumping.jpg Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Mar 11, 2015
- Sunshine coast
Next morning we had brekkie in Eumundi and met Belgians Ruben and Charlotte who cycled in New Zealand and also from Melbourne to Brisbane (sponsored by Etixxx?) They were heading north to Frasier and Whitsundays and also nearing the end Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Apr 22, 2015
- Glasshouse Mountains
We continued our journey North, towards the Glasshouse Mountains. We stopped by a nice lookout and after visiting the infocenter climbed one of the mountains (NguNgu mountain). These are mountains which resisted the erosion of the surrounding volcanic s Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Apr 22, 2015
- Ipswich - Brisbane
Before entering Brisbane, we had a stop in Ipswich where it was cheaper to stay. We walked around in the evening and went to a local micro brewery to taste some local beers. Christophe thought it was way too bitter Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Apr 22, 2015
- Gold Coast - Mt Tambourine
After Coffs harbor we decided to drive hard in the direction North to get to Queensland. We passed Grafton, drove past the coast to Ballina (big shrimp) and drove through Byron Bay, around the lighthouse (too many ppl). Then we Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Apr 22, 2015
- Coffs Harbour
Before Coffs we stopped in Bellingen, where we met an unfriendly local who was complaining about our correctly parked car. Otherwise it was a nice town with a lot of organic and healthy food shops and cafes.
We continued to Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Apr 22, 2015
- Cattle Mustering - Delatite Farm
I've had a little involvement with cattle growing up, but nothing on the scale of mustering a mob of cattle for weighing.
Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Mar 13, 2015
- Newcastle / Lake Macquarie Massive Storm Damage-Youtube link[[https://youtu.be/U4QIUvuYVVw|Youtube Link Click Here]] Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Apr 22, 2015
- Day 3: Nyah to MilduraAs usual, it was a leisurely start .... but a tad stressful. As were about to drive out of the park, Deb couldn't find her mobile phone. After a quick look in pockets, car and van she thought she must've Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 22, 2015
- Planning StageThis trip has been on our bucket list for quite a while & now we can finally make it happen.
We plan to take in the 3 great races in Australia that just so happen in the month of October. We Posted by Ross_Tess in Downunder 3 Race Road Trip | Apr 21, 2015
- Cycling to Boonie Doon on the Victorian Rail Trail
A day out on the bike along part of the Great Victorian Rail Trail from Mansfield to Bonnie Doon.
Australia’s longes Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Mar 21, 2015
- Still at homeWe have 11 sleeps left, I have 6 work days, Rob has 7. We have one public holiday and two family get togethers to celebrate ocassions we will miss while we are away. Packing is still to be organised and Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | Apr 21, 2015
- Day 2: NyahOur heater worked so well overnight that we turned it off part way through as we were so warm. Sadly it then got a bit cold - we only know this because Zayney sought warmth on our bed, between the Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 20, 2015
- Day 1: Melbourne to NyahWe left Melbourne in sunny weather - this is a real change to our normal departure as it's usually raining when we leave. True to form, we left at around 11am - when on holidays there is no point in Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 20, 2015