- Oh I do like to be beside the Ocean!
We got up, really looking forward to meeting up with Carrie again and seeing more of Sydney. We had breakfast in the club lounge at the hotel. The food was nice, but we felt somehow Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 1, 2015
- Kalbarri to Jurien Bay to HomeEventually found the dog beach but pub not friendly and would not allow us in, went back to the van and opened a bottle or two of wine and ate at home.
Set off at 10.00 am and immediately drove Posted by Adlard Trip in Kimberly | Sep 1, 2015
- Carnarvon to Kalbarri Kalbarrie site well laid out but parking was much harder and required help from fellow campers who showed us a few new tricks. Great dog beach and fabulous coffee place and found enormous dead fish on the beach.
Short day Posted by Adlard Trip in Kimberly | Sep 1, 2015
- WWOOFing at the cattle station!
Some weeks ago, we decided to have a go at Wwoofing (Willing Workers On Organic Farms) on a cattle station, to see how it works and what the life is like. We emailed one, and they sent a positive reply. Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Aug 31, 2015
- Exmouth and Cape Range National Park
We passed the town of Paraburdoo which is a travellers heaven. Free wifi, cheap fuel, free barbies, plugs and water. So we spend some time of the day there, had lunch and drove on for three more hours to our Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Aug 31, 2015
- Hervey Bay - QLD
Rust in Peace by Lyn Montogomery
As recently as the 1970's Hervey Bay was just a string of five fishing villages.
However, Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Aug 10, 2015
- Our Much Awaited Arrival in Sydney
Today we flew from Melbourne to Sydney and I met up with my cousin Carrie for the first time in over 20 years. We were up fairly early so that we could finish our packing and hav Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 31, 2015
- North of the Yarra
We only had one full day in Melbourne and so straight after breakfast we caught the tram from South Yarra into the city centre.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/725429/267CA Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 31, 2015
- Wildflowers from our trip to the North East of PerthNear Wongan Hills:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/DSCN0172.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/thum Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Aug 31, 2015
- North East of PerthDue to waiting for a part for the van, we decided to head out of Perth for a long weekend and explore some of the wildflower and wheat-belt country to the north east. Perth was also forecast for heavy Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Aug 31, 2015
- 42 Wallaby WayWe had heard that Sydney is touristy, overcrowded, "just another city." Wrong! We didn't find it to be any of these things. Yes it's a city so there's lots of people and lots of souvenir shops and the tall buildings Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Aug 31, 2015
- Our first trip in "Supremo" ...RS : Well, after a busy few weeks of birthday celebrations for Gav's Mum, who turned 70 in July, we refocused back onto our trip and getting ready to travel Oz.
We spent close to a full day at Posted by gavrach in Our Gap Year | Aug 30, 2015
- Tamborine Mountain, Birds & Beasts - QLD
An unexpected afternoon of birds!
when we stopp Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Aug 4, 2015
- 30th August 2015
Today was our last day in Hobart before we set off on our USA trip. We had a number of things to organise before Matthew Drumm kindly picked us up and took us to the Hobart International Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Aug 30, 2015
- Getting Close NowWe will soon be travelling to the USA - still feels like a dream
Posted by rohanbrown in Our journeys | Aug 30, 2015
- Routes in the Ute We've been at Jane's for about two weeks now, and the time just flies. When we're not fainting at spiders or drowning in our attempts at scuba, we might be out on little day trips. Jane dropped us off in Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Aug 29, 2015
- Poochera, SABefore we left Iron Knob, Brian decided to send his drone up for an aerial view of the town. Here you can see Brian in the middle of the oval controlling the drone, and then some aerial shots of the Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Aug 29, 2015
- 29th August 2015
It is less than 24 hours before we head off on our journey to the USA. Today marks the last full day before we leave for New York and Hawaii. It was a day full of preparing last minute Posted by JimmyAndo1 in USA Trip 2015 | Aug 29, 2015
- Days 73 to 83Wed 19th Aug Day 73
We drove from Dalwallinu to Bobs brother Richards at Koorda. There really wasn't very much to see along the way except miles and miles of wheat and canola.
It was good to catch up with Posted by bobandhiroe2015 in 2015 Trip Around Oz | Aug 28, 2015
- Tamborine Mountain, waterfall walks - QLD
Making the most of the beautiful scenery, we took the opportunity to get out and about
Cedar Creek Falls
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/Cedar_Cree..otte___Mark Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Aug 6, 2015
- Leaving the Sea for the City
Today we would be driving the last bit of the Great Ocean Road and making our way to Melbourne for a two night stay. We had been really grateful for a warm and restful night's sleep and Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 28, 2015
- Iron Knob, SAZayney's in the car and ready for her next adventure!
Our destination for the day was Iron Knob, around 200km away. We stopped for a fuel up and lunch by the river a Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Aug 28, 2015
- PackedAll packed and off to airport in an hour.
The red bag contains the usual stuff one travels with (eg clothes), plus skate gear, while the right bag contains a kite bo Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Aug 28, 2015
- Tamborine Mountain - QLD
Having met Mark a few weeks previously in Cabarlah, I couldnt' resist the offer for some time away at a property he looks after in Tamborine Mountain.
[img=http://photos Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Aug 3, 2015
- Great Ocean Road (Part 2)
It has been a bit of bleak day today. Eventually we got to sleep last night but it was pretty noisy with the wind battering the tent so hard it made it feel like kangaroos were jumping Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 27, 2015