- Fraser CoastI don't think there are many people who have had an experience on Fraser Island quite like ours!
Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world, and the only place rainforest grows on sand, renowned for its picturesque beach, Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Dec 19, 2014
- Pirate Bay Lookout
Tasman National Park Lookout shows a lot of features created in the last 6000 years when the sea reached it's modern level.
About 2,000 years ago the sea was as much as 120 meters lo Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Dec 15, 2014
- Marion Bay
Heading down to Port Arthur we were drawn by a sign to Marion Bay.
The Long Spit Private Nature Reserve is just what it says - a long bit of land, that over looks Marion Bay.
We found a pathwa Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Dec 15, 2014
- Sandy Cape, Jurien Bay, WAThe 330km journey from Kalbarri was fairly varied for a change. We left around 10.30am, stopping off at the Pink Lake. It's real name is Hutt Lagoon and the colour is created naturally by beta carotene. We Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Dec 19, 2014
- Devils Kitchen, Tasmans Arch & Doo TownDevil's Kitchen
From a humble cave to a great gulch.
This geographical feature probably started as a sea cave, then a tunnel and developed into this modern form after the collapse of the cave roof.
It is one of several such coastal landforms Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Dec 15, 2014
- Finally time to leave!! Officially Outisfail!!!After a long wait for that elusive permanent farm job and the blur of 5 day working weeks that ensued, not to mention the weekends that were a blur all of their own, the day finally came last Thursday to Posted by barney2186 in Barney's Big Oz Adventure | Dec 18, 2014
- PlanningWow what a crazy few weeks it has been. There's been some much to do & get done before we had off across the desert. Posted by MrytleJ in Check out my backyard | Dec 17, 2014
- Styx Valley
The Styx Valley, like other areas in Tasmania and Victoria, is home to the Eucalyptus regnans.
The Styx area has become well known ever since its tallest trees were first measur Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Dec 11, 2014
- Leaving AustraliaSydney Airport
George was testing out his new camera, whilst Em was in one of her “quiet moods” after a week of very little sleep.
At the onset of December, out Posted by EmilyCains in Em & George Christmas 2014 | Dec 16, 2014
- Perth - you've been awesomeSo today is one of those days where my mind is a little bit BAAAAAAAAHHHH!
Not only am I flying to a city which is mourning the loss of two brave residents, after the Sydney cafe siege, but I'm also leaving Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Dec 16, 2014
- Great Barrier ReefThe alarm goes at 5 in the morning and I get a very cross Amy dressed. I then dress Jack and return to find Amy undressed and back in bed. I try and negotiate but she is inconsolable. Posted by rduignan in A year together | Dec 16, 2014
- Kangaroo Island and MelbourneMonday 10th November
It is 4.00am and we manage to dress the kids and get them into the taxi. They are both a bit distressed and we feel like the worst parents. These early morning flights are brutal and we Posted by rduignan in A year together | Dec 16, 2014
- Western AustraliaPERTH
We arrive in Perth late afternoon and what a culture shock. Gone is the 'let me look after your luggage and here is a cold flannel' approach and instead a laid back, friendly, but you are on your own Posted by rduignan in A year together | Dec 16, 2014
- Sunshine CoastAfter our brief time in Surfer's Paradise we headed back to Brisbane to collect the camper. Our packs are much heavier now we've got all the camping gear but we can still fit it all in with the tent strapped Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Dec 15, 2014
- SydneyWe enjoyed a few more days on the Central Coast though the weather was getting worse. In the beginning it was just the daily thunderstorms which was not too bad as the days were mostly ok until about 3 - Posted by Ash-Clauds in Around Australia in 6 months | Dec 15, 2014
- Kalbarri, birthday and Hutt River Province, WAWe hit the road around 10am for our journey from Denham to Kalbarri – around 375km. It was a really uneventful trip, very boring scenery and straight road most of the way, but we got into our new audio Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Dec 15, 2014
- More Water Under the BridgeA lot has happened in the past two months and we are now within the 50 days to go window with a number of actions still to be completed. On the plus side the Medical Insurance claim has been finalised, Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Dec 14, 2014
- Lake St Clair
Lake St Clair is at the southern end of the world famous Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park and is part of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area.
[img=http://ph Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Dec 11, 2014
- Lake Dobson
Travelling further on from Mt Fields and Russell Falls, higher and higher, you come to the end of the road and a beautiful lake called Lake Dobson.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Dec 10, 2014
- Mt Fields & New NorfolkMount Field
Just down the road from Fentonbury is Mount Fields National Park. The landscape ranges from eucalyptus temperate rainforest to alpine moorland, rising to 1,434 metres (4,705 ft) at the summit of Mount Field West. Founded in 1916 Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Dec 9, 2014
- Condobolin NSWHi Everybody
They say that a week in politics is a long time, but we can attest that a week in Condobolin can be a long time, especially without a car. But more about that shortly.
Saturday last, 6th December we Posted by robandpam in Rob & Pam road trip No 2 | Dec 13, 2014
- VietnamEleven pm at night and still finishing the preparations for our trip to Vietnam. Cannot wait - not that it is long until the taxi picks us p at 5:10 am! Posted by Onersontour in Oners on Tour | Dec 13, 2014
- Bonorong Wildlife SanctuaryOn a trip to the East, we called into Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, and what a great few hours seeing, touching and learning about the native wild animals of Australia.
[img=http: Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Dec 9, 2014
- Daytrip to Dorrigo National ParkWhen someone tells you from first hand experience you shouldn't go there, would you still go? That's what Sean, Jamie, Kirstin and I were thinking when we wanted to go to Dorrigo National Park a couple of days ago, Some Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Dec 12, 2014
- Stay Or Not Stay?Byron Bay was my next stop - so the plan. I was in Urunga, about 500km north of Sydney and looked for a place to stay for the night. My helpful friend an app called Wikicamps has helped me without Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Dec 11, 2014