- Arriving in Melbourne
Our first day in Melbourne was a long one! The first view of Melbourne appeared as the sun came up
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/First_View_of_Melbourne.jpg Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 4, 2015
- Australian HospitalityAs I am writing this post it is around 6:00 am in Dublin, Ireland. No I am not still up from partying the night before, rather I am up early after sleeping off the jet leg which was Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Mar 30, 2015
- Monday March 30th
We spent the day doing errands. Sorry no pictures.
We got our monthly haircuts this morning. Our hairdresser was from Dublin, Ireland on a one year work visa. She was very entertaining and did a great Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 30, 2015
- Today is the day18 months since Ando gave his blessing to go without him and 18 months of saving, the time is here. Well nearly, plane delay of an hour before we depart Albury for Sydney which is our eta for today Posted by mitnatbr in Ando's in USA | Mar 29, 2015
- THE IMPRESSIONIST PAINTERS[center][/center]
[center]A View From Heidelberg by Carlyle Jackson 1891-1940[/center]
[center][[http://www3.slv.vic.gov.au/latrobejournal/issue/latrobe-88/t1-g-t16.html|Read "The Buo Posted by algordon in 8. DEATH AND THE LEGACY | Mar 29, 2015
- THE LEGACY LIVES ONTIME LINE-CONTINUED
1874 Jan 18 Black Tom Oliver died. “Sladen Humphris Page 232”
1875 A short novel “Twixt Shadow and Posted by algordon in 8. DEATH AND THE LEGACY | Mar 29, 2015
- Australien - Teil 2Nach rund zehn Tagen in und um Sydney zogen wir weiter in die Hauptstadt Canberra. Canberra ist eine Planstadt und wurde 1908 als Kompromisslösung zur Hauptstadt gewählt, um die Rivalität zwischen Sydney und Melbourne zu schlichten. Der Spatenstich Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Mar 29, 2015
- A quiet day and some beach side featuresWe have had a quiet day. We did some shopping and then spent the rest of the day reading or relaxing.
We thought we would share some of the structures in our neighbourhood.
Of course, Reta's potty humour comes Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 29, 2015
- Still call Australia Home
We landed 15 minutes ahead of schedule at 7.45am. As we have the two kids we aren’t allowed to use the new customs Kiosk where it takes your photo and you walk through. Its Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Mar 22, 2015
- THE GORDON'S OF SCOTLAND[center]TIME LINE[/center]
1870 Jan. 1 Gordon’s horse nowhere in Flemington Steeple. “Age” 3/1/70
1870 Jan 4 Letter to John Riddoch, thanking him for his help towards unravelling the Esslemont entail.
Higinbotham, who is a barrister, Posted by algordon in 8. DEATH AND THE LEGACY | Mar 28, 2015
- WHERE WE'LL BEMay 26-28: Byron Bay to Auckland (Devonport)
May 28-June 1: San Francisco
June 2: Leave San Francisco in a rental car on a slow drive to Port Angeles, Washington State
All the dates from here are approximate:
[b]Jun Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2015 - USA & Canada | Mar 28, 2015
- Australien - Teil 1In Australien war für uns Halbzeit. Wir hatten uns vorgenommen, den Jahreswechsel mit meinem Bruder und seiner Familie in Sydney zu feiern, denn mein grosser Traum war es schon immer gewesen, einmal das grosse Neujahrsfeuerwerk im Hafen von Sydney live Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Mar 28, 2015
- THE AUSTRALASIAN NEWSPAPER[center][/center]
[center]The Argus Office Circ. 1860 - Photo State Library of Victoria
The Yorick Club was next door on the right. The Regent Theatre now stands in this area.[/cen Posted by algordon in 7. THE BEGINNING OF THE END | Mar 28, 2015
- Almost Home AgainToday we arrived back in Australia after the long flight from LAX. I'm writing this in the motel in Queanbeyan after a refreshing sleep and awake now to try and adjust the body-clock back in line with the real Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 28, 2015
- Today Didn't HappenOne of those strange things that happen when travelling from the US West Coast to the Australian East Coast and crossing the International Date Line. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 28, 2015
- Day 15.Day 15. 28th March.
Today has by far, been the best day I've had at Wodonga. My week had gone something like This .....
Mon - Arrive in Wodonga and check-in.
Tue - Check out the AGM and meeting with event Volunteers Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 28, 2015
- Cape TribulationThe distance from Trinity Beach to Cape Tribulation is about 125 kilometres or 77 miles. The trip there and back took us 7.5 hours. The google map program said that the driving time alone would be 2.25 hours Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 28, 2015
- Day 14.Day 14. 27th March.
Not much to report about today as I was busy with AGM meetings for most of the day. At least I got to sleep in a bit with my 1st meeting at 10:00am. Went down to Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 27, 2015
- Day 13.Day 13. 26th March.
Another day of volunteering at the Ulysses AGM event for me so up early again. Drove down to the racecourse event site, picked up a B&E Roll for brekky and again sat in with the Volunteers Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 27, 2015
- Eighth Stop: Casterton and Naracoorte==Monday 23rd March==
We left Lorne bright and early to head to Casterton, ‘Birthplace of The Kelpie’ . Casterton is nationally recognised with this prestige, and celebrates its role each June long weekend through the Clark Rubber Australian Kelpie Muste Posted by bumnroundoz in Bum'n Round Oz | Mar 27, 2015
- Day 12.Day 12. 25th March
My 1st day volunteering at the AGM event. Up at 6:30am, brekky and drive down to the event site at the Wodonga Racecourse. Caught up with the Volunteers Coordinator and settled in to learn all about Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 27, 2015
- Wombats, Koala, Crocs OH NO!March 26
Today is a travel day.... It's off to Townsville. I have to wait for the Post Office to open because I have to mail a package back home to Nanaimo. It seems that I've overpacked AGAIN!!! Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 27, 2015
- Beach, Dental office, Wallabies We set today aside for a quiet day which is something we have not had for many days.
Reta had a mishap while making supper/dinner last night. As you all know we went out to the Great Barrier Reef Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 27, 2015
- Blue MountainsA few snaps from our Blue Mountains visit. We descended the Devil's staircase from Katoomba, 1,000 steps down into the mountains, encountered a snake (A black diamond python, apparently - not poisonous, phew), numerous waterfalls and then ascended back up Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Mar 27, 2015
- OLD GEELONG RACECOURSE[center]THE GEELONG RACING CARNIVAL AT CONNEWARRE
OVER TWO DAYS- THURSDAY AND FRIDAY 4TH AND 5TH MARCH 1869[/center]
This race meeting was attended by H.R.H. Prince Albert, The Duke of Edinburgh on an informal visit to Australia. He was the second son Posted by algordon in 7. THE BEGINNING OF THE END | Mar 26, 2015