- Denham to KalbarriOn our last day in Denham we did a bit of touring that would have been too difficult with the van behind us, even though this meant traveling back along the road we had come in on and that we Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Aug 29, 2014
- Cookie Monster, Sleeping Beauty and Lube LadySo I thought I'd give you a flavour of some of the people we've had the pleasure of meeting.
We've met some amazing people who are so welcoming and friendly. But, be honest, you don't want to hear about them do Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 28, 2014
- Port Stephens Posted by MikeHolden in Ma & Pa's Cave Travels | Aug 28, 2014
- Katherine Gorge - sunset dinner cruiseSUNSET DINNER CRUISE ON
A 4-hour sunset dinner cruise was never going to be on our agenda but when we came across it in yet another of our 5496 leaflets which seem to fill our caravan – we felt we Posted by twodubfers in Town of 1770 | Aug 26, 2014
- From the Western Most Point of Australia –Shark Bay We are now in the Shark Bay area, south of Carnarvon and north of Geraldton, on a peninsula. Denham, the main town in the Shark Bay area also commemorates the HMAS Sydney, a ship sunk during WW2. There was a Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Aug 26, 2014
- Getting ready for Oh God O' ClockDear All
Only 3 more days of work , then it's off into the Wild Blue Yonder
Of course. Now it's the "what am I missing" thought. Have I forgotten to organise something.
Will Aleena be well looked after. I'm sure Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Aug 26, 2014
- Hell on Earth - Worst hostel EVERI'm pretty sure my bed has given me Aids.
I'm not entirely convinced it's possible, but if it is, I've definitely got Aids.
Imagine the scenario if you will - you caught the red eye, as it was a cheapy flight Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 26, 2014
- UluruNot as cold in the morning here - only 10 degrees, instead of 2-3! We got to the rock by 10am, the kids were very impressed with their first sighting up close! it is huge! We were Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Aug 26, 2014
- Alice to YularaWe packed up and left as early as we could. The drive is quite a long one. We had to stop on the way. First to see the Camel Farm at Stuart Well, then to take photos Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Aug 26, 2014
- Alice SpringsWe woke late due to the freezing cold! We aren't used to this! We finally got our act together and got the caravan to the electrician. Alison, Robbie and I went to the Old Telegraph Station while Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Aug 26, 2014
- Devil's Marbles to Alice SpringsWe woke at sunrise. Thankfully I had got our blankets out as it was pretty cold! The marbles were beautiful in the rising sun, and we went for an enjoyable pre-breakfast walk. After brekkie, we took the Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Aug 26, 2014
- At the Sydney AirportWe didn't spend all day there but certainly a fair percentage. Got up this morning and left to Motel to drive to Nat's place, all of 5 minutes !! It was good to start the day reasonably refreshed Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Aug 26, 2014
- Blog 9. Litchfield NP(Darwin) – Merl, Kakadu Route: Douglas-Daly Hotsprings – Litchfield National Park – Darwin – Kakadu National Park
We thoroughly enjoyed our few days at Douglas-Daly Hotsprings where we met several new travelling friends and relaxed in the unspoilt natural beauty of these uni Posted by Rambla in The Big Lap 2014/15 | Aug 25, 2014
- KATHERINE, Northern TerritoryKATHERINE, NORTHERN TERRITORY
23 – 27 August 2014
A big little town, one of only four towns of any size up here in the Territory. With an indigenous population of around 25%, the rest is made up of Grey Nomads (yea!!), Posted by twodubfers in Town of 1770 | Aug 25, 2014
- Six more sleepsNot long to go till our big adventure. Lots still to do but will get there. Barry in Brisbane resting lol. Hope the meals will be cooked when we get home from work this week. Just testing the Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 25, 2014
- Less than a week until we are flying!In exactly one week, we will have been in the air on the way to Singapore for approx 4 hours!
At work today, one of my colleagues suggested a place in Paris to get "the world's best hot chocolate". Needless to Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Aug 25, 2014
- First Day OutFirst small step on our odyssey which will eventually see us circumnavigate the world. We left home early this morning after a final check that all electrical items had been switched off and windows and doors secured.
Quite Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Aug 24, 2014
- Wooloolaba - up to August 25Greetings from the Sunshine Coast - hope the people who named it kept their receipt for the plaque.
Because for the last few days (and nights) it has CHUCKED IT DOWN.
And I'm from England, so I'm not exactly a stranger to Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 24, 2014
- Mataranka to the Devil's MarblesWe left Mataranka late, saying a sad farewell to Susanna, Michael, Maddeleine and Imogen. We got to Daly Waters in time for lunch though! This is meant to be the oldest pub in the NT and is famous Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Aug 24, 2014
- Test Entry==Testing Testing 1..2..3..==
===Testing Testing 1..2..3..===
Testing Testing 1..2..3..
Testing Testing 1..2..3..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/701381/P4116039. Posted by DebEv in Deb and Ev's Travel Blog | Aug 24, 2014
- Back HomeThe final two flights are done and I’m home again.
Singapore to Sydney (Singapore Airlines)
Sydney to Canberra (Qantas)
23 August 2014
I slept in until 7.45! I decided I should go out for a walk to see more of Singapore. My walk only Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 24, 2014
- Coral Bay to CarnarvonWe finished our beautiful time at Coral Bay unfortunately. It was wonderful to be so close to the wonderful Ningaloo Reef and all the wonders it holds. We even enjoyed it when they fed the Spangled Emperor fish Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Aug 24, 2014
- Cloncurry, QLDWhat an emotional departure from Lawn Hill– was so sad saying goodbye to such lovely people. They loaded us up with steaks and rolled roasts – not quite sure when we will fancy beef again after the overdose of Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Aug 24, 2014
- Lawn Hill - the Final Chapter, QLDOn the station there really isn’t the same distinction that us town/city folk have between work and home life – they both seem to run in parallel and all meld together. We can understand why, as there really isn’t Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Aug 24, 2014
- Home from Home[center]
Its been a whole three months since we last blogged so forgive us if our writing is a bit rusty!
Our time living and working in Melbourne is about to come to an end, and there's a hell of a lot Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Aug 23, 2014