- Geike Gorge, Fitzroy Crossing to DerbyFitzroy Crossing has left us feeling more positive about the Indigenous population in this part of Western Australia. Here there have been positive steps to control the sale and distribution of alcohol and many town camps which have strict Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 24, 2014
- Just doing a testHi there,
This is Rachel posting and writing up a quick post.
Our holiday is coming up quickly now and we're all getting quite excited. I'm really looking forward to being back in London and seeing the family and Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Jul 24, 2014
- Blog 6. Southern Northern Territory – Uluru & Kata Tjuta Route: Stuarts Well Station – Uluru, Ayers Rock Resort Campground (4 nights) – Alice Springs (Blatherskite Showgrounds) (2 nights) – Ormiston Gorge (West MacDonnell Ranges National Park) (2 nights)
Stuarts Well Station had a lot of character a Posted by Rambla in The Big Lap 2014/15 | Jul 23, 2014
- Day 5 of our Caravaning holiday to Western AustraliaBrrr! That was a really cold night, only 3° and a white frost in the morning. I slept with a beanie on and still was cold!
Well, at least a frost meant a nice sunny day Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Jul 23, 2014
- Day 4 of our Caravaning holiday to Western AustraliaWilcannia Caravan Park needed its facilities upgraded to make it a really good park. It was nice and quiet here, so the noise from the Semi-trailers didn't bother us. First up, it was to fill the car with Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Jul 23, 2014
- Day 3 of our Caravaning holiday to Western AustraliaWe had a good night at the Brewarrina Caravan Park. First thing, I rode my pushbike around the town, easy riding as it was all flat going! It had rained a little overnight, so when we reached Bourke Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Jul 23, 2014
- Wednesday, 23rd July 2014It was a cold night last night in Tocumwal: around -2C, but we kept our fan heater on all night so it was quite cosy in the van.
We had a very relaxed start to the day, and left Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Jul 23, 2014
- Home at lastWe arrived home to Australia safely and on time on Monday, met Dad in Sydney and then drove home. It was very reassuring to be in Australian air space and while tempting to take the offer by QANTAS to Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jul 22, 2014
- Kununurra to Fitzroy CrossingNo entry last night dear readers as I could not contain myself and the excitement of staying overnight in Halls Creek. We had heard various descriptions of the place, from ‘dangerous, unsafe’ to ‘wonderful, we stayed a week’. Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 22, 2014
- Tuesday, 22nd July 2014We left home around 11am .....
Zayney was most concerned until we put her seatbelt on and she ran down the driveway to the car.
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Jul 22, 2014
- So long Sydney.....Hello Cairns!!!Well on Saturday the day finally came for me to move out of Sydney and The Jolly Swagman, and head upto Cairns in the pursuit of much craved (got to do) farm work to secure a second working holiday visa. Posted by barney2186 in Barney's Big Oz Adventure | Jul 22, 2014
- 12: Overpriced caving[img=http://photos.travell Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 22, 2014
- Gregory Downs & Adels Grove, QLDOne of our longest journeys in one day so far. Before we set off we picked up some last minute fresh bits at the Karumba supermarket – a bargain at $11.45 for two litres of milk and a dozen Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jul 22, 2014
- Only 7 weeks to go.....woooohoooo!!Well, it's actually 49 days 16 hours and 1 minute til we depart Sydney on our very big adventure and I CANNOT wait! It's the first time Garry or I have been overseas and is by far the longest time Posted by gazandkylie in Our European Jaunt | Jul 21, 2014
- Go West - Timber Creek, Lake Argyle and WyndhamHeading off early we made our way to Timber Creek. Thanks again Uncle Graeme for the recommendation (and definitely one you will need to plan for Kerilyn!). Timber Creek is a typical roadside town, being the petrol station Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jul 21, 2014
- Added rest of family to blogI have added Rach, Zandy and Dom to Travellerspoint, and have enabled them as authors to the blog. Now each person can write as much or as little as they want, and add the photos they want, without the readers Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Jul 21, 2014
- Monday 21st July, 2014We are busy packing the van with clothes, lots of food and wine for our trek up the Kidman Way towards Queensland. Zayney is coming with us this trip so she is clipped, bathed and ready to go!
Stay tuned.... Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Jul 20, 2014
- Day 1Well, after a lot of planning, and preparation, the 16th July finally arrived. The day would see us depart a dark, cold, wet and windy Sydney aboard Emirates flight EK415, an Airbus A380, direct to Dubai. After 14 hours passing Posted by davenise in Denise & David's Holiday | Jul 20, 2014
- Up, Up and AwayThe third 5:30 am get up this week that wasn’t the call of nature – this is getting ridiculous. However, this time it turned out to be well truly worth it.
We joined another couple from the same park on Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 20, 2014
- El QuestroHaving had a trial run at getting ready for a 6.30 am pick up, we were all up and squared away on time and two of the three passengers on the 20 seater bus bound for El Questro Station. Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 20, 2014
- Out and about in KununurraWe spent a very enjoyable day discovering lots of interesting places in and around Kununurra, which is the third fastest growing town in WA due to the Ord River Scheme and the possibility of opening a frozen meat works at Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 20, 2014
- Getting readyStarts when we fly out of Sydney via Dubai to Heathrow, London on 23rd July.
We plan to head to West Wales to catch up, after meeting 13years ago, with Philip, Rosemary & family, the Welsh branch of the Mawson Posted by GailJones in 2014 European Cruises + Paris, Malta, UK | Jul 20, 2014
- 11: Down through the tablelands[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 20, 2014
- 43 Days to go!
Welcome to the first post on our new blog! Richard, Rachel, Alexander (Zandy) and Dominic will be getting on a plane in just 43 days time to do the big overseas trip. In the 45 or s Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Jul 19, 2014
- 10: Cooktown and the Palmer[img=http://pho Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 19, 2014