- Fraser Island - trip 2 of 3So if Whitsundays was "stunning scenery" then Fraser Island's summing up would be BANTER.
Met some of the most amazing people of the entire trip, (well, so far anyway) and saw some exceptionally nice lakes and creatures, in between sleeping in Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Sep 30, 2014
- Things to look forward to coming home (Australia)- Family
- Bath matts
- Clean drinking water
- Shower curtains
- Toilet flushing
- Endless Wifi
Note; These things are great! but I would give them all up to travel forever Posted by Taste of Travel in Who wants to stay put | Sep 30, 2014
- On To Mt Dare Station - Start of Simpson DesertThe next morning we packed up quickly and Bags confided in me that he had had a "toilet malfunction". SuffIce to say, these cheap fold up dunny seats aren't meant to hold someone of large proportions, and if not for Posted by mljjs in Simpson Desert - Across the Guts | Sep 29, 2014
- Oodnadatta TrackI think it is time to introduce our travellers.
Mark and Louisa Anderson - just two fantastic people. Not much more to say.
Mark (Toss), Gemma and Allanah McCormack.
Peter (Macka) and Leanne McCormack. Peter is also known for his toilet digging Posted by mljjs in Simpson Desert - Across the Guts | Sep 29, 2014
- . . . so this is where the Gypsies live . . .. . . SO THIS IS WHERE THE “GYPSIES” LIVE!
And Skippy’s first ferry ride to Coochiemudlo Island . . . in Redland Bay
Caravan parks in the Brisbane area number just a handful and they are well away from the coast Posted by twodubfers in Seeing Australia | Sep 29, 2014
- Day 15Day 15
A short trip today. After the disappointment of finding Flinders to be quite desolate I didn't think it a good idea to stay an extra night. In stead of this, I decided on a short trip to Sorrento and Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Sep 29, 2014
- Kununurra and Lake ArgyleAlthough it might seem like we are rushing through WA we have in fact done all the things on our list for this state. One of these things was the flight over the Bungle Bungles. As it is not busy Posted by Ash-Clauds in Around Australia in 6 months | Sep 29, 2014
- Day 17 - Disembarkation and going homeI wake up before 6, we haven't docked yet. I get my camera to see if I can get some nice early morning shots of the Opera House and bridge.
[img=http://p Posted by Christinesolo in South Pacific | Sep 29, 2014
- Day 16 - Last sea dayUp early and actually made it to breakfast well before closing. I made sure I had time left on my internet plan so I could put the punters club bets on, however I log in to find my 23 minutes Posted by Christinesolo in South Pacific | Sep 29, 2014
- Day 14Day 14
Again the wind was howling when i woke up at 6. Wasn't promising.
The day started with a hill, i.e. a short walk. After the first hill a nice cycle path was leasing me to Philip Island. Easy does it. Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Sep 29, 2014
- Day 13Day 13
It proves hard to be original when you are cycling through a similar landschapje for days. Of course the persistent attacks by birds make the blog fun to read, but after the umpteenth time even that gets boring.
Todays goal Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Sep 29, 2014
- Wodonga/Albury and Lake HumeFriday 26th
Another warm shower in the very tidy ablution block and we were ready for the day. We eventually hit the road (after the weather had improved to sunny) and I drove us out to the Hume Dam. It is Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Sep 28, 2014
- Henry Angel Flat to Granya/Cottontree State ParkWednesday 24th
A cold night and a lovely day to follow again. The trip south to Corryong township was again a pleasant trip with plenty of hills and valleys and great views along the way. Most enjoyable.
Arriving in Corryong in time Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Sep 28, 2014
- Granya/Cottontree State Park to Wodonga (Victoria)Thursday 25th
After the overnight rain we were all a little concerned at the state of the exit road from our camp, however, after I had walked along it to the connecting road, apart from a small washout on the top Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Sep 28, 2014
- Test 2Well it's that windy time of year again!
Posted by johnandjoan in John and Joan's Blog | Sep 28, 2014
- St George, Queensland - Broken Hill, New South WalesWell we left St George for Cunnamulla on Tuesday. We were going to stay in Cunnamulla, but we were really disappointed. We went to see the Cunnamulla Fella and then decided to travel on to a Roadhouse at Barringun, (Just Posted by mortstravels in Living our Dream | Sep 28, 2014
- Emu Park!After saying goodbye to Kroombit, we were on the road again, splitting up our travel up the coast. In doing so, today we crossed the Tropic of Capricorn, into the tropical zone of the earth! There was a monument on Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 27, 2014
- Day 12Day 12
Today is going to be an easy day. Legs are as new and the distance is a short 50 km.
Again I started with a running start. The first 15 km at almost 20 km/hr. If i can keep Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Sep 27, 2014
- Day 11Day 11
When you thinking cycling through Australia in spring is a nice ride through a slightly undulating countryside, basking in the sun, you couldn't be more wrong. Due to global warming the temperature in the morning is close to freezing Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Sep 27, 2014
- Yee Haw! Outback Experience!Today we arrived at Kroombit park, for more of an outback experience! It is a true Australian working farm, and was such a neat place! Just before jumping right into the activities, Wade made a quick change into his ringer Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 26, 2014
- Our 88 days farm work..Pam's work...
Grape picking - picking grapes (raisins)
Grape picking & packing for $2.20 A BOX ready to go to the supermarket
Green Bean Factory - sorting out green beans & packing to go to buyer (sacked for talking on the line! Posted by livetotravel14 in Our Big Adventure... | Sep 26, 2014
- What an adventure!
As we come to the end of this odyssey we would both like to thank you for travelling with us. It has been great to read your comments, get your emails and texts. Made us feel our famil Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Sep 25, 2014
- Exploring Fraser Island!What an amazing and fun day on Fraser Island!! Our day started off by meeting our tour guide for the day, and hopping on the big 4x4 bus that would be touring us around the island. Fraser is the largest Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 25, 2014
- Drive, Drive, Drive!Today started off with a short one and a half hour drive to Brisbane, one of the fastest growing cities in Australia. It is actually not located on the coast, it is about 25 miles inland, built on a river. Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 25, 2014
- Sunshine CoastWe have spent the last 2 weeks moving south, steering away from caravan parks and choosing to stay either in National Parks or discounted camp stays at Show grounds or sporting clubs.
We spent a few nights in a place Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Sep 25, 2014