- Departure LoungeBeing early birds with organised and punctual families, we arrived at the airport with plenty of time to enjoy the $4.90 diet colas (coffee machine broken at nearest coffee bar). Departure lounge pizzas were prompt this time, though, and Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number 10: HK Hooray! | Feb 1, 2015
- Gol Gol, NSWWe packed up and left our lovely grassy site in Leasingham, with the intention of stopping after around 280km at a little place called Cullulleraine. We’d found out about a bush camp on the lake there that sounded lovely. Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jan 31, 2015
- Clare Valley, SAWe set off from Port Pirie around 9am, and drove the 130km to Leasingham in the Clare Valley. It was lovely countryside: farmland; vineyards and little villages. It was great to have only a short journey - we Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jan 31, 2015
- Last days in CoffsThe last week of January came up and with it, my last week in the beautiful city of Coffs Harbour. I can't believe I've spent over two months here already. First, Coffs was only a stopover on my way to Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Jan 31, 2015
- Home turfI wasn't going to write about this trip and then I thought why discriminate against domestic adventures?
We left Sydney on Friday morning and flew to Melbourne where we picked up a car and three friends (Deb, Chris and Matt) Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 31, 2015
- Hong Kong, here we comeA wise man once said: "gourmet traveller who not visit Hong Kong must be off his noodle!". You know who you are, and you're right. Dreaming of dim sum breakfasts and streetside noodle houses, we decided a few Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number 10: HK Hooray! | Jan 31, 2015
- Along the Great Ocean Road and over to TassieWe made our way back to Melbourne along the Great Ocean Road, I can't say we were disappointed, it truly lives up to its reputation! We saw all the beautiful beach views and gorges as well as a few unexpected Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Jan 30, 2015
- Geelong to Echuca and back (with a quick stop in Melbourne)As we are booked on the Spirit of Tasmania for 1st February we had some time up our sleeves once we left Philip Island. The one destination that was always in the back of our minds was Echuca (via Ballarat Posted by Ash-Clauds in Around Australia in 6 months | Jan 30, 2015
- Running Fluted Cape on Bruny Island
This walk is from very historic Adventure Bay to dramatic, high sea cliffs - it took a bit of encouragment...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/Incent Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Jan 21, 2015
- Pitstop in Port Pirie, SAThe journey from Streaky Bay was a bit more of an interesting drive than we have had for a while as we were treated to changing landscape. There was a mix of farming land with wheat fields and then Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jan 27, 2015
- Streaky Bay, SAIt was lovely waking up knowing we didn’t have hundreds of kilometres to drive! We slept in and had a lazy start to the morning, popped some washing on, then got our bikes out and cycled into town. Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jan 27, 2015
- Crossing the Nullarbor, WA to SAThe Nullarbor Plain extends around 720km east to west, and 320km from the coast to the Great Victorian Desert in the north, covering an area of 200,000 square km. It is almost as big as the state of Victoria, Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jan 27, 2015
- Esperance, WAOur journey from Bremer Bay to Esperance was 398km. We left around 9.30am and expected the roads to be really busy. We had heard from most of the caravan parks we’d stayed at recently that 27th December is Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jan 27, 2015
- Boat Cruise on Bruny Island
What better way to explore the coast around Tasmania than a cruise off the shore of Bruny Island.
The custom-built yellow boats are ideal for viewing the spectacular coastline and wildlif Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Jan 20, 2015
- SydneyWell as you well may know by now we made it home, be it ever so slowly. There were no seats on the flights to the East coast so we had to return home via Perth. It wasn't too bad Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 26, 2015
- Day 8Today we went to the Salamanca Markets again, only this time with Obaachan. I bought Indiah a cool top and I bought myself two comics, one was a Simpsons comic and the other one was an Archie's joke book comic. Posted by yoshimonster in Tasmania | Jan 26, 2015
- ARRIVING AT DONNELLY RIVER MANJIMUPSunday Times (Perth) 17/6/1917 Page 3
Some 13 miles out from Manjimup we came to the “Bridge House”, the property of Mrs de Winton Randall,
Which is famous from the fact that the poet Adam Lindsay Gordon once stayed there several Posted by algordon in 4.ADAM LINDSAY GORDON TRAIL-W.A. | Jan 26, 2015
- Day 7We set out on a long car-drive this morning. On the way to Hobart, we stopped off at a raspberry farm and an ice cream factory. We also stopped off in Launceston and had a break from being Posted by yoshimonster in Tasmania | Jan 26, 2015
- Saga tours and Aussie defeats in MelbourneAfter emailing us to tell us it was the busiest time of year at the airport and that we should get there at least two hours before, JetStar then made us queue for about an hour before telling us we Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Jan 25, 2015
- G'Day from Down Under!G’Day Mate! We’ve said that to a few Ozzies since arriving who don’t seem as endeared by the phrase as we'd imagined. Perhaps they’ve heard it before.
Well it’s fair to say we LOVE Australia – the people are Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jan 25, 2015
- Last Minute UpdateI know I said that last Friday's was going to be the last one before we set off to Fort Lauderdale but thought I'd sneak in one more.
The selection of clothing is now almost complete but may still change on Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Jan 25, 2015
- A Train Spotters Guide (part 9) - AustraliaAha Train Spotters your patience has been rewarded at last !
My report on Australian Railways has been frustrated by lack of personal experience until the day before our departure and difficulty finding up to date information on the web. However Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Jan 25, 2015
- Day 6This morning we stayed at our accommodation until about 12 o'clock. We went back up to Cradle Mountain to do a two and a half hour walk around Dove Lake. It was really beautiful and I was having Posted by yoshimonster in Tasmania | Jan 25, 2015
- The Australian Motel
I know, this sounds a boring topic but I found the motel as an institution quite fascinating.
Most people in the area of Australia we visited, whether travelling or on holiday seem to stay in motels. There appear to be very Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Jan 25, 2015
- Out & About on Bruny Island
On Hobart’s back doorstep, yet a world away in landscape and atmosphere, the Huon Valley and D’Entrecasteaux Channel can be enjoyed over several hours or days. The attractive m Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Jan 20, 2015