- Days 24, 25 & 26
We left Alice Springs on the Morning of the 1st July and headed up the Stuart Highway. First stop was at the Tropic of Capricorn for the usual photo shoot.
The on Posted by bobandhiroe2015 in 2015 Trip Around Oz | Jul 3, 2015
- HahndorfWe woke up nice and early at 5:30am to get up to go to the Adelaide Central Market, we got to the city and since we had our campervan we could not find parking spaces, so after that we started Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 2, 2015
- AdelaideFirst we flew in from Auckland to Adelaide on a 4hr 45min flight.
We picked up our campervan,
and then we went shopping at this outdoor shopping mall called Harbourtown, with all outlet stores,
it was very hard to park places with Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 2, 2015
- Day 26- Marla to Coober PedyDistance 254Km
Diesel $1.72 litre
Our first real day in South Australia. We arrived mid morning in the moonscape town of Coober Pedy. This place is like nothing else. It is town that was built not on gold but opals,. There are Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jul 2, 2015
- Day 25- Uluru to MarlaDiesel $1.83
Today was a day on the road. We bid farewell to Uluru and headed east before rejoining the Stuart Highway. The road south is straight and although there are very few settlements the landscape is ever changing. We Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jul 2, 2015
- Counting the sleeps till we leave - July 14
I think everyone is getting excited!
Our hosts in Sweden - Jorgen and Catarina - are excited, our travelling pals - Conor, Kay, Eamon and Frank from Australia and Karalien, Leo and Maria Posted by lyndel.hebden in Indian rally tour 2015 | Jul 1, 2015
- Day oneWe hopped on the bus and said goodbye to the mums and dads.On the bus I sat next to Liam and we talked about what we were going to do when we get there and was playing with Fin who Posted by Stjaks45 in Ryan's Camp Journal | Jun 30, 2015
- Day 24-Uluru, Kata TjutaDistance 169km
Diesel $2.01/ litre (ouch)
Today is our last day here at Uluru. We decided we couldn't leave the region without visiting Kata Tjuta ( The Olgas). We have seem the from the distance at various times of the day Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 30, 2015
- First Five Days in BroomeLeft our spot in Derby - making quite a quick trip down to Broome - not a long drive. Landscape was more of what we had seen through the Kimberleys - but we now know that the grassland areas Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Jun 30, 2015
- 4. On being a Grey NomadWe are learning the art of grey nomadship. To be a good nomad means following some basic rules. For example, always walk around your vehicle before you pull out and head off. It’s not unknown for a camper van to Posted by Outbackaus in Two Kiwis Go Outback | Jun 30, 2015
- King’s Canyon
It was a long long drive to King’s Canyon, about 300+ kms, And we had to get a full tank at 2 dollars a litres, so we should consider getting a solution which gives us spare fuel. We’ll investigate that Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jun 29, 2015
- Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)
Kata Tjuta (meaning: many heads) is about 50kms from Uluru. It’s different from Uluru, as it is many rocks instead of one and also it’s a conglomerate (consisting of many types of rocks) whereas Uluru is made of sandstone. It’s Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jun 29, 2015
- The Uluru experience
Uluru is still about 500km away from Alice Springs, so we didn’t drive there in one day. The first night, we slept at a free campsite by the road. There were some other people next to us who had the Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jun 29, 2015
- Day 23- UluruDistance 85km
Today was another opportunity to explore Uluru. Today we ventured around the western and Northern sides. It is fascinating to see all the special places around the rock, some of these sacred sites are open for people to look Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 29, 2015
- In Alice Springs
Friday 26th June. Today we went to The Transport Hall of Fame and we were amazed at the collection of vehicles that are on show there.
Took a couple of photos Posted by bobandhiroe2015 in 2015 Trip Around Oz | Jun 29, 2015
- Cruise drink package prices all ships youtube link==[[https://youtu.be/y0apyu2WHHM|CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO]]== Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Jun 28, 2015
- Sunsets & Sunrises of Tuncurry - NSW
A collection of photos of sunrises and sunsets from different locations in Funcurry. The above was a mangrove tree, a welcome on my first night in town, shortly after a welcome Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jun 3, 2015
- Walkabout - NSW
An amazing few days 'walkabout'!
After a little bit of planning with a lot of maps ,
and some red wine Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jun 15, 2015
- Day 22-UluruDistance Travelled 75km
Today we made our way into the National Park and made our way towards Uluru. The road winds towards the monolith. It is amazing from a distance it does not seem to be that impressive, but as you Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 28, 2015
- Early Morning Rain, Mud and Droughtbusters!After filling our tanks at Broken Hill, we made tracks towards Cunnamulla expecting to take 2 - 3 nights. We arrived at Wilcannia at lunchtime and had been advised by many not to stay there as not a good Posted by BazandMaz in Back to the Outback | Jun 28, 2015
- Boating about in Funcurry - NSW
After the hard work of gardening, Nick and I had a day out on the boat investigating the waterways that surround Forster and Tuncurry.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/Boating Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jun 8, 2015
- Day 21- Alice Springs to UluruDistance 460km
Diesel $1.81 Litre ( Mt Ebenezzar)
Today we said farewell to Alice Springs and made our way to Uluru. There have been three fatal accidents on the highway over the last three days with cars hitting livestock. We seem Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 27, 2015
- Today is the dayWe have checked, double checked and boringly checked everything. Ian has packed, re-packed, weighed, re weighed etc. I have cleaned everything in sight and now just checking everything again.
As you can see, its a long day.
Bec and Tia are Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jun 26, 2015
- A spot of gardening in Tuncurry - NSW
Whilst walking along the harbour break wall one day, a friendly local stopped to discuss the Sea Hare I'd been studying in the water. To cut a short story even shorter, he asked for Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | May 22, 2015
- Day 20- Alice SpringsDistance 45Km
The weather is now feeling much more like winter only reaching 14 today. Very hard to get out of bed this morning
Today is our last day in Alice Springs. We ventured out to the Alice Springs Desert Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 26, 2015