- The Red CentreThis weekend we flew to the very middle of the country, also known as the Red Centre, and I think you will see from the pictures how it’s earned its meme.
The first evening we set out to vie Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jun 28, 2016
- Homeward bound24/5/2016 - 27/5/2016
We were lucky enough to be able to change our booking on the Spirit of Tasmania for a week earlier than the previously booked date of the 1/6/2016. It was only a week , but we felt we Posted by Pipandpop in Doug & Chris On The Road | Jun 27, 2016
- Hello from Uluru 1/2W We are at Uluru and have been here for 3 days.
This morning we got up early and went on a bus to the airport where we split into two groups and I was squished next to my friend Addison.
There were Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 27, 2016
- Exploring Uluru Early rise this morning for Nathan and Trinity to take in the sunrise over Uluru. They said it was quite spectacular. ( Layla, Elijah and mummy stayed in bed where it was snuggly warm)
When they arrived back to the van Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 27, 2016
- The rock in all its gloryWoke up to sunshine so we Headed out to one of the lookouts this morning to catch a glimps of uluru and kata tjuta, and what a sight it was.
We headed into the bookings office to figure out Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 27, 2016
- First (tiny) step!This little entry is more of an experiment really! Tonight I set up this blog rather hastily & sent out an email to some family & friends who I thought might be interested.
I'm dubious about whether I'll be able Posted by ValerieN in Adventure On! | Jun 27, 2016
- Home at lastFarewell to old England . . . Hopefully not forever. Saturday and it's time to head to the airport.
Qantas QF10 via Dubai. The 7 hours to Dubai was almost empty and passed quite quickly,
After a 2 hour Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 26, 2016
- Days 1 - 2 Bomaderry to Narrandera
Day 1. We left home just before 9.00 am and travelled to Albatross Road where we met up with George Pommy Bob and Peter Broome then continued on to Oallen Ford where we had morning tea. It's qu Posted by Bobnhiroe in The Darling River Run 2016 | Jun 26, 2016
- Tannum Sands to MiraniWe drove into Gladstone with the view to see sights that we had missed on a previous visit. Gladstone is very obviously industrial - with extensive spending on community infrastructure by stakeholders to beautify the town. Our first Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Jun 25, 2016
- Wet!Woke up to a sunny day........which didn't last long! We drove through heavy rain and had to pull over at Coonalpyn because Barry couldn't see through the rain. We popped heater on and made lunch. The front window Posted by BazandMaz in East to West Exploring the Nullabor. | Jun 25, 2016
- Day 20 - Alice SpringsWake up nice and early to find out that there have been some thieves running around the park in the night, my car was locked but unfortunately Nathan’s wasn’t, they only took the small change, left the cameras and GPS Posted by matt74maximus in Outback NT Adventure | Jun 25, 2016
- Day 19 - Alice SpringsToday we wake up, have some breakfast and pack the cars for a day full adventure East along the MacDonnell Ranges. Firstly, we head into town to get the latest road information and maps, fuel up then head out on Posted by matt74maximus in Outback NT Adventure | Jun 25, 2016
- And it's raining on the rock..... We arrived this afternoon at Yulara set up the van in the pouring rain, then headed for the rock, uluru.
Spectacular sight, waterfalls everywhere. Apparently we are very lucky as its a rare sight, hopefully we will see it in all Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 25, 2016
- Friday 24th juneQuick trip to the Old Ghan Railway Museum to start the day, pretty interesting, kids loved going through the carriages.
Snapped a few photos then jumped on board a very mini train for a few laps around the grounds.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 25, 2016
- 23rd June Day 8We haven't been able to update the blog for a few days as we've been out of service, but here's a quick catch up.
Thursday 23rd june we ticked some more things off our list aeound Alice.
First up we visited the Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 24, 2016
- Back in signal rangeWell hello, we're back!!! We were heading back onto dirt last time we spoke:-). We left Meekatharra after checking in with local police re: the roads through to Mt Augustus. Road open but expecting some rain. So we Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Jun 24, 2016
- Preparation in progressThis entry is just a short note to let everyone know what we have planned. Like every other trip, things could change daily (but you all know that already from past trips).
Anyway, here's the plan so far;
Leave her on Posted by Bobnhiroe in The Darling River Run 2016 | Jun 22, 2016
- Hi from Alice Springs 3/4SThanks for your comment on our blog, we are having a really fun time.
Hi class and Mrs See.
We leave Alice Springs tomorrow and are going to Curtain Springs.
On the way we are stopping at the henbury Meteorites conservation reserve.
Mums Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 22, 2016
- Broome and the staircase to the moonBroome (pop 16000)
Just before we entered Broome, we reached the 10 000km mark since leaving home.
Broome is by far the biggest town in the Kimberley. William Dampier landed here in 1699 on HMS Roebuck. The town was established in Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jun 22, 2016
- Day 7 and what a big day it was!Early start to the day today, up and on the rd by 9am heading East, first stop Emily gap.
Its so hard to explain just how beautiful the colours are in the rocks, the photos definitely don't do it justice, but Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 22, 2016
- Atherton TablelandsWe did a drive through tour of the Atherton tablelands. We drove up the mountain to Mount Molloy and down through Mareeba stopping at Tolga Bakery and the fruit and nut shop and stocking up on lots of yummy Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jun 22, 2016
- Phew!After a wet start to the day, we left home at 11, lunch at Ross and a stop at Latrobe to visit Reliquaire's temporary shop, which is in the owner's home, we made it to the ferry in plenty of Posted by BazandMaz in East to West Exploring the Nullabor. | Jun 22, 2016
- Travelling Light.. On the home front===Back by Popular Demand!!===
I don't know about most of you, but we have really missed our blog.. Not on a 'we must consider our loyal followers' basis but more on a 'we really need to keep looking at life through Posted by TravellingLight in Travelling Light | Jun 21, 2016
- Day 6 1st day in AliceFirst day in Alice and we managed to fit heaps in.
Started with a visit to John Flynn's memorial and grave.. Incase you didn't know Mr or Rev. Flynn was the founder of The Royal Flying Doctors, and is on Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 21, 2016
- Day 5 a day late 😞Day 5 started out with a delicious breakfast at coober pedy bar and grill (after a small sleep in for me, althought the girls were super excited to sleep underground there wasn't much sleeping going on, turns out its a Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 21, 2016