- A quiet day and some beach side featuresWe have had a quiet day. We did some shopping and then spent the rest of the day reading or relaxing.
We thought we would share some of the structures in our neighbourhood.
Of course, Reta's potty humour comes Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 29, 2015
- Still call Australia Home
We landed 15 minutes ahead of schedule at 7.45am. As we have the two kids we aren’t allowed to use the new customs Kiosk where it takes your photo and you walk through. Its Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Mar 22, 2015
- THE GORDON'S OF SCOTLAND[center]TIME LINE[/center]
1870 Jan. 1 Gordon’s horse nowhere in Flemington Steeple. “Age” 3/1/70
1870 Jan 4 Letter to John Riddoch, thanking him for his help towards unravelling the Esslemont entail.
Higinbotham, who is a barrister, Posted by algordon in 8. DEATH AND THE LEGACY | Mar 28, 2015
- WHERE WE'LL BEMay 26-28: Byron Bay to Auckland (Devonport)
May 28-June 1: San Francisco
June 2: Leave San Francisco in a rental car on a slow drive to Port Angeles, Washington State
All the dates from here are approximate:
[b]Jun Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2015 - USA & Canada | Mar 28, 2015
- Australien - Teil 1In Australien war für uns Halbzeit. Wir hatten uns vorgenommen, den Jahreswechsel mit meinem Bruder und seiner Familie in Sydney zu feiern, denn mein grosser Traum war es schon immer gewesen, einmal das grosse Neujahrsfeuerwerk im Hafen von Sydney live Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Mar 28, 2015
- THE AUSTRALASIAN NEWSPAPER[center][/center]
[center]The Argus Office Circ. 1860 - Photo State Library of Victoria
The Yorick Club was next door on the right. The Regent Theatre now stands in this area.[/cen Posted by algordon in 7. THE BEGINNING OF THE END | Mar 28, 2015
- Almost Home AgainToday we arrived back in Australia after the long flight from LAX. I'm writing this in the motel in Queanbeyan after a refreshing sleep and awake now to try and adjust the body-clock back in line with the real Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 28, 2015
- Today Didn't HappenOne of those strange things that happen when travelling from the US West Coast to the Australian East Coast and crossing the International Date Line. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 28, 2015
- Day 15.Day 15. 28th March.
Today has by far, been the best day I've had at Wodonga. My week had gone something like This .....
Mon - Arrive in Wodonga and check-in.
Tue - Check out the AGM and meeting with event Volunteers Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 28, 2015
- Cape TribulationThe distance from Trinity Beach to Cape Tribulation is about 125 kilometres or 77 miles. The trip there and back took us 7.5 hours. The google map program said that the driving time alone would be 2.25 hours Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 28, 2015
- Day 14.Day 14. 27th March.
Not much to report about today as I was busy with AGM meetings for most of the day. At least I got to sleep in a bit with my 1st meeting at 10:00am. Went down to Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 27, 2015
- Day 13.Day 13. 26th March.
Another day of volunteering at the Ulysses AGM event for me so up early again. Drove down to the racecourse event site, picked up a B&E Roll for brekky and again sat in with the Volunteers Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 27, 2015
- Eighth Stop: Casterton and Naracoorte==Monday 23rd March==
We left Lorne bright and early to head to Casterton, ‘Birthplace of The Kelpie’ . Casterton is nationally recognised with this prestige, and celebrates its role each June long weekend through the Clark Rubber Australian Kelpie Muste Posted by bumnroundoz in Bum'n Round Oz | Mar 27, 2015
- Day 12.Day 12. 25th March
My 1st day volunteering at the AGM event. Up at 6:30am, brekky and drive down to the event site at the Wodonga Racecourse. Caught up with the Volunteers Coordinator and settled in to learn all about Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 27, 2015
- Wombats, Koala, Crocs OH NO!March 26
Today is a travel day.... It's off to Townsville. I have to wait for the Post Office to open because I have to mail a package back home to Nanaimo. It seems that I've overpacked AGAIN!!! Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 27, 2015
- Beach, Dental office, Wallabies We set today aside for a quiet day which is something we have not had for many days.
Reta had a mishap while making supper/dinner last night. As you all know we went out to the Great Barrier Reef Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 27, 2015
- Blue MountainsA few snaps from our Blue Mountains visit. We descended the Devil's staircase from Katoomba, 1,000 steps down into the mountains, encountered a snake (A black diamond python, apparently - not poisonous, phew), numerous waterfalls and then ascended back up Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Mar 27, 2015
- OLD GEELONG RACECOURSE[center]THE GEELONG RACING CARNIVAL AT CONNEWARRE
OVER TWO DAYS- THURSDAY AND FRIDAY 4TH AND 5TH MARCH 1869[/center]
This race meeting was attended by H.R.H. Prince Albert, The Duke of Edinburgh on an informal visit to Australia. He was the second son Posted by algordon in 7. THE BEGINNING OF THE END | Mar 26, 2015
- A trip to the Great Barrier ReefThis morning we woke just as the sun was rising to take our trip out to the Great Barrier Reef.
We drove into Cairns and got onto our Sunlover Reef Cruise catamaran Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 26, 2015
- BRIGHTON DRILL HALLBrighton Rifle Company September 1860- Brighton Artillery Corps Royal Victorian Volunteer Artillery Regt 27 February 1866
Disbanded 2 August 1877.
1869 Late Adam Lindsay Gordon Joined The Brighton Artillery Corps. and signed his attestation before Cr Posted by algordon in 7. THE BEGINNING OF THE END | Mar 25, 2015
- Day 11.Day 11. 24th March.
Today we would check out the AGM event site at the Wodonga Racecourse & Showgroungs. Bit of a sleep in, I walked into town to get some groceries for breakfast. Found a bakery/cafe and bought ham Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 25, 2015
- Whitsunday.....the most beautiful place in the world!March 24
Didn't sleep too well.... up at the crack of dawn, had breakfast and just read. It was a lazy morning. Finally headed out at 9:00 am for the Cedar Creek Falls. The lady at Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 25, 2015
- Travel from Townsville to Trinity BayWe took a couple photos of the pool area at the hotel we spent last night at, as we were leaving this morning. We think it is a pretty setting.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_6281_M..-_Pool_Area.jpg caption=Mecure Townsville - Pool Ar Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 25, 2015
- CAULFIELD RACECOURSEBarrier Miner. Broken Hill. NSW Wednesday 21 July 1909
The first Caulfield race meeting of which any record can be found took place on June 24 , 1869.
It was advertised at "The Caulfield Races."
The programme comprised four events, and the Posted by algordon in 7. THE BEGINNING OF THE END | Mar 24, 2015
- THE MARINE HOTEL BRIGHTONThe location of the ‘Marine Hotel’. Adam Lindsay Gordon was a regular patron here when he lived in Brighton. Posted by algordon in 7. THE BEGINNING OF THE END | Mar 24, 2015