- Billabong Roadhouse - The BushwalkerIch bin es langsam gewohnt mich durch den Brei der Hitze durchzuschlagen. Das und ein Bericht von mannshohen Kängurus haben den Entschluss gefestigt eine Wanderung ins Outback zu unternehmen.
Ich bin wohl präpariert, eine Menge Wasser und Sonnencreme, Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | May 25, 2013
- Soaking Up The Sun
Nothing to do with sun-soaking other than those high windows in our room in Glen Iris that made sleeping in impossible! Otherwise, it's just a photo I lik Posted by KellieBarnes in Australia | May 25, 2013
- Tin Can Bay, QldIt's said that Tin Can Bay got it's name from the Aboriginal place called Tuncunbar which is thought to refer to dugongs which frequent the area as well as turtles and dolphins. We went to the Dolphin Centre not Posted by margndave in Caravaning | May 24, 2013
- Litchfield and chills with more water Hi it is Mitchell here, my turn to blog and hope you don't mind.
So Monday night is where I kick off, here I go!
For dinner we went out to Dad's friend Mike Watson's house. They had a pool so Aido, Posted by gunning5 in Our Epic Aussie Adventure | May 24, 2013
- Welcome aboard Papa Chutney !...with only just a week to go, we are now starting to realise we're going...plus the fact I have a million things to do around the house before we go.
Should be a great trip, have heard some good stories about Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | May 24, 2013
- HERVEY BAY – CARNARVON GORGE (VIA BILOELA)3 weeks on the road and 2,000 ks on the clock
Left Hervey Bay at 7.30am and hit the road for Carnarvon Gorge. We drove for 6 hours and decided to set up camp at Biloela, a small town along Posted by buttermenthol in Swifty goes to Broome WA and back | May 24, 2013
- Billabong Roadhouse - Betten und BoganburgerBetten machen, meist verhasst. In den Zimmern die wir anbieten gibt es Dreifachbetten, ein Doppelbett unten und ein Einzelbett in der oberen Etage. Die Zimmer sind klein, ich muss um die Betten zu beziehen komplizierte Verrenkungen durchführen, ständig st Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | May 24, 2013
Tasmania - AKA Van Diemens Land. A land of mystery with a troubled past. We nearly didn't make it here but boy are we glad we did.
Tasmania is most well known for Posted by Loodersatlarge in loodersatlarge | May 23, 2013
- Billabong Roadhouse – Die Handwerker aus dem OutbackEs sind vier Wochen Arbeit herum, ich stecke in großer, tagesfüllender Monotonie. War es ein Tag oder eine Woche, ist mir gestern die Hose geplatzt, oder war es vor drei Wochen. Wo kauft man hier eine neue Hose? Glücklicher Weise Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | May 23, 2013
- MelbourneHi all! Just leaving Melbourne for the 14 hour flight to Dubai, hoping very much that everyone gets to sleep on the flight. Wasn't't so lucky on the late flight last night, not many nodded off on that. Was very Posted by Fred the Panda in Marshalls in Europe | May 22, 2013
- Our 10th Wedding Anniversary Yesterday Birg and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary!! We got married in Cologne, Germany in the beautiful Cologne Town Hall. We only knew a week before hand that we had a date for the following week on Thursday at Posted by gilbir in Looking far | May 22, 2013
- Home with ZayneyThe heater is on and we are sitting by the fire drinking cappacinos. Zayney is sleeping by our feet.
Thank you to our friends and relatives who have followed our Posted by vancoops in Coops Caravanning trip | May 22, 2013
- Esperance - Mermaid Leather and the Esperance MuseumWednesday 22nd
No rain overnight so a peaceful sleep was had for a change although the Port trucks seem to start work very early here. The Port is being given a major access and facilities upgrade apparently hence the noisy construction Posted by psstevo in Round The Block Again | May 22, 2013
- EsperanceTuesday 21st
The heavy rain overnight did keep us a wake somewhat but we were still up and ready for the day by 0700, mainly because the ute was due in dry-dock for its 90,000Km service. After delivering the ute to Posted by psstevo in Round The Block Again | May 22, 2013
- Nullarbor and WAOn Saturday we did manage to get to Madura. We went through Nundroo, Yalata, Nullarbor, where Birg played air golf with Zebu, then Border Village, Eucla and then on to Madura. We had lunch at Eucla again, great stop and Posted by gilbir in Looking far | May 22, 2013
- A couple of Pics from Nuriootpa & Ceduna from Birgit’s phoneJust found these pictures from Birgit’s phone. The pics before Maggie Beer show a Bush Chapel we found in the reserve behind the caravan park in Nuriootpa. Gorgeous it is and you can book it for any occasion ie wedding Posted by gilbir in Looking far | May 22, 2013
- Billabong Roadhouse – Gefährliche TausendfüßlerMein Chef Jacques leiht mir zur Abendlektüre „Australias Most Dangerous Creatures“. Nachdem ich eine Weile darin gelesen habe, stopfe ich ein Handtuch in den Schlitz zwischen Boden und Tür. Ich versichere mich, dass das Fenster geschlossen ist. Ich mag ga Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | May 22, 2013
- My first time overseasComing from a small town in New Zealand of approximately 2400 people, at the age of 17 I was eager to move and learn more about the world. I was scared because of not knowing anyone, large student loans and Posted by katepepper in Kalgoorlie, WA | May 22, 2013
- Australia - The countdown beginsPlanning still under way. The Swiss know how to confuse people trying to get around their country with the most cost effective transport pass. There are so many to choose from. Options galore but it's like comparing apples with Posted by dmwmoonee in Planes, Trains and Bikes - Europe 2013 | May 21, 2013
- Lucky Bay to EsperanceMonday 20th
Sadly the promise was not kept as we had a lot of rain overnight and the exit was very wet and up a steep incline on a rough gravel road. Nevertheless we prepared for departure and hoped for a Posted by psstevo in Round The Block Again | May 21, 2013
- Lucky Bay and surroundsSunday 19th
After some more overnight rain the weather looked a bit gloomy we decided to drive around to nearby Thistle Cove and Hellfire Bay to check out the scenery there. We were not disappointed as we managed some nice photos Posted by psstevo in Round The Block Again | May 21, 2013
- Queensland: Ending the East Coast With a Bang...After the tranquility of Byron Bay, we ventured north into the brash glitz of Queensland, our first major stop being Brisbane. Brisbane is probably the least senstional of Australia's eastern cities; Melbourne has the architecture, Sydney has the Opera Ho Posted by kate1401 in The World Ahead | May 20, 2013
- Heading up the Queensland CoastWhat a reaxing time we had in the forest. Took a day trip to Rocky to the beautiful Botanic Gardens and the zoo.......really stunning gardens, where we sat and had lunch under the biggest Banyan Fig trees you could imagine. Posted by Crazy Poupes in Jill and Joe's Gap Year | May 20, 2013
- Warm Water and Warm AirOn Friday we woke up. Then we went to mataranka springs. After that we went to Bitter Springs.
The above is the extent of Jack's blog entry. Since it is bit lacking in detail and he stubbornly refuses to add to Posted by gunning5 in Our Epic Aussie Adventure | May 20, 2013
- Simpson Desert French Line – part III
The rain had gone and the skies cleared to a crystal blue during the morning. The nights were still chilly but the risk of being cut-off and stranded by flood waters was dis Posted by Logancrerar in Australian 4WD Camping Adventure | May 20, 2013