- Angle grindingThis morning caught us by surprise: the flame of the poinciana hidden by night, the coolness that happened when the sun turned its back, the sharp cleanness of everything as we walk around the little paradise, and me at how Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 28, 2014
- SERIOUSLY WHYSo today "Premier Campbell Newman" (whoever the hell that is) said: "Sadly, I am calling this the biggest storm that has hit Brisbane since 1985".
I would rather have 100 Australian spiders on me, be in 2000 scary bumpy flights, and Posted by katemancuso in DON'T LET THE DINGO EAT MY BABY | Nov 27, 2014
- Hilltop ParadiseWell, I said goodbye to Al and Lydia, and beehives and chooks, and this week I'm doing some woodwork relating to cyclone recovery near Proserpine, Queensland. A couple of cyclones roared through Mike and Tanya's property last year, and this Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 27, 2014
- Whitsunday paradiseAfter Brisbane we went to Hervey Bay where the weather wasn't great so I walked from Scarness to Torquay along the beach. The rest of the evening there's was a big storm so we were stuck inside watching it. Before Posted by vikingabroad in VIKING ABROAD | Nov 27, 2014
- Packed and ReadyJust had a dinner date with our grandchildren - and now trying to set up our blog to keep the rest of the family informed on our travels and the many things we will see, taste, smell, feel and hear Posted by BioC12 in Biocultural 26/7 | Nov 26, 2014
- PhotosHi folks and sorry for the delay in processing a sample of photos - all taken by Mary (who has an eye for the 'quirky' as you will soon see!
Further photos will be uploaded as fast as we can process Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Nov 26, 2014
- The Fishing Trip/50th Birthday CelebrationWhat a way to wake up (apart from the smell, which had started to diffuse a little)! The sunlight streamed in the window above our bed and the birds were singing loudly so we woke early. Glorious; the best Posted by PioneerSerenity in "Of shoes and ships and sealing wax" | Nov 25, 2014
- The adventure beginsGuess what arrived in the mail today?
Today we received 'Grade 5' study books. We might just end up as smart as a grade 5er....
Posted by V3USA in USA 2015 | Nov 26, 2014
- The Fishing Trip/50th Birthday CelebrationExcitement... today we leave. The trailer is all packed; the suitcases are almost ready to be zipped and carried to the car; pretty much all that remains is for us to get dressed, make the beds, eat breakfast and Posted by PioneerSerenity in "Of shoes and ships and sealing wax" | Nov 25, 2014
- The Fishing Trip/50th Birthday CelebrationTime to move to Base Camp! We packed up the little hire car with all our goods and chattels and, after a vital pitstop at the rod repairers, to collect the now good as new rod, we headed to Posted by PioneerSerenity in "Of shoes and ships and sealing wax" | Nov 25, 2014
- The Fishing Trip/50th Birthday Celebration After endless repacking, mostly of the fishing gear, we managed to get away. Excess luggage was already paid for; with an extra in anticipation of fish to be caught. We had rods, fishing tools, sunshirts for the "proverbially Posted by PioneerSerenity in "Of shoes and ships and sealing wax" | Nov 25, 2014
- CouchsurfingI left beautiful, amazing, happening, awesome Sydney today and flew to a place called Gold Coast.
Before we begin, here are a few definitions for you:
* Gold Coast (in my travel guide):
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721531/Gold_C Posted by katemancuso in DON'T LET THE DINGO EAT MY BABY | Nov 25, 2014
- "Of shoes and ships and sealing wax" I do like the way phrases from books just pop into your head sometimes! Here I was thinking about the meaning of life and some deep and meaningful phrase that I could use as a title for my blog, Posted by PioneerSerenity in "Of shoes and ships and sealing wax" | Nov 24, 2014
- Waiting to Board for CruisingTuesday 25th
We walked for a while this morning instead of having breakfast. We decided to a wait until we are on board and then have lunch. We got a taxi from the hotel to the pier. The cattle lines Posted by Bulli Cruzers in bulli cruzers | Nov 24, 2014
- Yum Cha with Olivia and PaulMonday 24th
We had breakfast in the same Restaurant as yesterday. Today, after breakfast we are meeting Olivia and Paul (not a twosome) to go and have Yum Cha in Chinatown. After breakfast, when we were in our room, Olivia rang Posted by Bulli Cruzers in bulli cruzers | Nov 24, 2014
- Johnsons SE Asia tripSat 22/11.
Arrived safely at the Wentworth after a harrowing taxi ride. I think Laurie nearly put his foot through the floor. Had a snooze, then headed down to Circular Quay, where we watched a street performer. Walked Posted by juliejohnson in Johnsons SE Asia trip | Nov 22, 2014
BLALB Posted by Laetitia_World in Swiss Couple Traveller | Nov 22, 2014
- Melbourne to Sydney===Melbourne to Philip Island===
Only 1,5 hours south of Melbourne lays Philip Island. My only point of interest was just the famous penguin parade though. Philip Island offers a couple of nice beaches and hosts one of the largest fur seal Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Nov 21, 2014
- The Itsy Bitsy Spider Went Up The Water SpoutTake a gander at this precious picture.
"Some Pig". "Terrific". "Radiant". Charlotte was the Mother Teresa of spiders. And we all loved Charlotte and we didn't want her to die, we Posted by katemancuso in DON'T LET THE DINGO EAT MY BABY | Nov 21, 2014
- Johnsons SE Asia tripHad a great party last night at the Moss's - celebrating David's 50th.... One of perhaps, a little worse for
Up early to play a little tetris with the suit cases and carry on. Will be more relaxes Posted by juliejohnson in Johnsons SE Asia trip | Nov 21, 2014
- Trip 9 BallinaThe G20 summit created an extra public Holiday for people working in greater Brisbane area, so we joined the masses and vacated Brisbane for the weekend.
After a few fails we finally got booked in to the Ballina Beach Village caravan Posted by Rontatts in SIDETRACKED | Nov 21, 2014
- Exploring Byron Bay and the New South Wales HinterlandDue to the G20 meeting in Brisbane on the week-end we noticed that the caravan parks were filling up pretty quickly along the Gold Coast and even further south so the smart thing for us to do was to stay Posted by Ash-Clauds in Around Australia in 6 months | Nov 20, 2014
- Cold here we comeWell you couldn't ask for a more extreme contrast in Summer and Winter, let's hope the body can cope with the change. We are all packed and counting down to our flight at 5pm. It's a bummer but we won't Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Nov 20, 2014
- Bulli CruzersJust spoken to our friend Robyn, who said she had read my blog from last holiday. Got me moving to start a new one as tomorrow, we are flying to Singapore, having 4 days there then get the Voyager of Posted by Bulli Cruzers in bulli cruzers | Nov 20, 2014
- Buzzing around some trippy toadsInside, the air is warm soup; outside the wind is the breath of a dragon. In the shade the temperature measures 34. The last couple of days have begun in cloud and relative cool, preventing us from getting at the Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 19, 2014