- Mt Carmel Macadamia Farm, Rosebank - NSW
Rosebank is a thriving village on the edge of some of the region's most beautiful rainforest.
The Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jun 17, 2015
- Port Pirie to Coober PedyToday we got up early and left the Port Pirie Holiday Park
We had a 1hr drive to Port Augusta to top up at the supermarket and get some diesel.
Be alert when driving about animals on the road.
We were driving Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 4, 2015
- Day 28 Coober Peddy to Port AugustaDistance 546Km
Diesel $1.42/ litre
One of our biggest days driving wise, so an early start, we were on the road at 7:30am. We wanted to make a quick visit to the Catacombe church before leaving town. This is one of the Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jul 4, 2015
- Barossa Valley AreaToday we did a few attractions
We used the showers at Hahndorf Big4 really clean facilities
Then we went to Woodside to the Membas Chocolate Factory,motorhome friendly parking.
Also great attraction next door is the Cheese Factory.
Then we drove on to Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 4, 2015
- Day 27-Coober PedyDistance Travelled Zero KM
Our first day of no driving, well not quite true, but the first day Ian didn't do any driving.
Today we explored the town on foot. Ian and the boys explored the Old Timers Mine. This is an Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jul 4, 2015
- First overseas trip!As mentioned above, I'm off to New Zealand for my first time overseas! I'll be there for three weeks, spending some time with my fiance's family and exploring parts of the North Island, and then after what will surely be Posted by kyle.krystal in Round The World | Jul 4, 2015
- BIRTHDAYSWell Mareeba, just 64 kms inland from Cairns and a thriving town.
We stayed at The Mareeba Rodeo Grounds, and on checking in asked if it was possible to wash the car and caravan - well of course we need the Posted by Juney59 in "LONG WAY TO THE TOP" 2015 | Jul 3, 2015
- MISSION COMPLETEOn the road again and up the Gregory Development road. Some 200kms we stopped to fuel up and take some memorable photos of GREENVALE, in Queensland. A very small typical country town, so a bit different to home. Posted by Juney59 in "LONG WAY TO THE TOP" 2015 | Jul 3, 2015
- Boarding SydneyAn early 5 AM start from Thirroul NSW, by train to Kingsford Smith airport, for our first connecting flight to Vancouver Canada on
Air Canada flight 34 departing at 10:20 AM local time from Terminal 1.
This will be a Posted by Tazzie Devilz in World Trip 2015 | Jul 3, 2015
- Next 2 Days in BroomeOur next 2 days in Broome were filled with more sightseeing, but in a leisurely way.
We decided to take the van out to some more further afield touristy spots. Our first destination was to Gantheaume Point (where at extremely Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Jul 3, 2015
- Days 24, 25 & 26
We left Alice Springs on the Morning of the 1st July and headed up the Stuart Highway. First stop was at the Tropic of Capricorn for the usual photo shoot.
The on Posted by bobandhiroe2015 in 2015 Trip Around Oz | Jul 3, 2015
- HahndorfWe woke up nice and early at 5:30am to get up to go to the Adelaide Central Market, we got to the city and since we had our campervan we could not find parking spaces, so after that we started Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 2, 2015
- AdelaideFirst we flew in from Auckland to Adelaide on a 4hr 45min flight.
We picked up our campervan,
and then we went shopping at this outdoor shopping mall called Harbourtown, with all outlet stores,
it was very hard to park places with Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 2, 2015
- Day 26- Marla to Coober PedyDistance 254Km
Diesel $1.72 litre
Our first real day in South Australia. We arrived mid morning in the moonscape town of Coober Pedy. This place is like nothing else. It is town that was built not on gold but opals,. There are Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jul 2, 2015
- Day 25- Uluru to MarlaDiesel $1.83
Today was a day on the road. We bid farewell to Uluru and headed east before rejoining the Stuart Highway. The road south is straight and although there are very few settlements the landscape is ever changing. We Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jul 2, 2015
- Counting the sleeps till we leave - July 14
I think everyone is getting excited!
Our hosts in Sweden - Jorgen and Catarina - are excited, our travelling pals - Conor, Kay, Eamon and Frank from Australia and Karalien, Leo and Maria Posted by lyndel.hebden in Indian rally tour 2015 | Jul 1, 2015
- Day oneWe hopped on the bus and said goodbye to the mums and dads.On the bus I sat next to Liam and we talked about what we were going to do when we get there and was playing with Fin who Posted by Stjaks45 in Ryan's Camp Journal | Jun 30, 2015
- Day 24-Uluru, Kata TjutaDistance 169km
Diesel $2.01/ litre (ouch)
Today is our last day here at Uluru. We decided we couldn't leave the region without visiting Kata Tjuta ( The Olgas). We have seem the from the distance at various times of the day Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 30, 2015
- First Five Days in BroomeLeft our spot in Derby - making quite a quick trip down to Broome - not a long drive. Landscape was more of what we had seen through the Kimberleys - but we now know that the grassland areas Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Jun 30, 2015
- 4. On being a Grey NomadWe are learning the art of grey nomadship. To be a good nomad means following some basic rules. For example, always walk around your vehicle before you pull out and head off. It’s not unknown for a camper van to Posted by Outbackaus in Two Kiwis Go Outback | Jun 30, 2015
- King’s Canyon
It was a long long drive to King’s Canyon, about 300+ kms, And we had to get a full tank at 2 dollars a litres, so we should consider getting a solution which gives us spare fuel. We’ll investigate that Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jun 29, 2015
- Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)
Kata Tjuta (meaning: many heads) is about 50kms from Uluru. It’s different from Uluru, as it is many rocks instead of one and also it’s a conglomerate (consisting of many types of rocks) whereas Uluru is made of sandstone. It’s Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jun 29, 2015
- The Uluru experience
Uluru is still about 500km away from Alice Springs, so we didn’t drive there in one day. The first night, we slept at a free campsite by the road. There were some other people next to us who had the Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jun 29, 2015
- Day 23- UluruDistance 85km
Today was another opportunity to explore Uluru. Today we ventured around the western and Northern sides. It is fascinating to see all the special places around the rock, some of these sacred sites are open for people to look Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 29, 2015
- In Alice Springs
Friday 26th June. Today we went to The Transport Hall of Fame and we were amazed at the collection of vehicles that are on show there.
Took a couple of photos Posted by bobandhiroe2015 in 2015 Trip Around Oz | Jun 29, 2015