- ItineraryI wasn't sure if I would blog on this trip to India. On previous trips I have had more time before we left to set up things. This year I haven't even got around to my Christmas letter. Posted by thorogoodsindia in India 2017 | Dec 26, 2016
- 18 days to go Have now been in our apartment for nearly 2 weeks. Will start our final preparations for the cruise to South America in the next week or so.
We are really looking forward to a 3 month rest after all of the Posted by Acudoc2007 in Circumnavigation of South America | Dec 24, 2016
- The first week.We travelled via Casino, Whiporie, Kungulla up to the picturesque Nana Glen (close to Coffs Harbour). Nana Glen is an Equestrian Centre where we stayed two nights having a very restful time. We explored the beaches around Coffs Harbour Posted by Johannstock in Johann & Noelene's Trip to Tasmania | Dec 23, 2016
- ‘Blowember’ – a good time to meet other traveling familiesAfter a couple of days in and around Exmouth, it was time to explore the southern part of the world heritage region of Ningaloo Reef. We drove to Coral Bay, a tiny town nestled next to a fabulous beach with Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Dec 20, 2016
- The Barossa ValleyBarossa valley
Nuriootpa (Population 5700)
We based ourselves at one of the most beautifully kept caravan parks we’ve even camped in. The whole Barossa experience so surprised us that we kept extending (we ending up staying five nights). What a d Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Dec 19, 2016
- Kids, kangaroos and coralsIn Exmouth, we met quite a couple of interesting people and nice families traveling around Australia.
One morning, we were joined by eight-year old Cooper for our trip to the skate park before heading to the pool. He is traveling with Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Dec 16, 2016
- Day 1!!The morning started very early with a 4:20am wake up in order to catch the 6:20 am flight to Sydney. We checked in and said goodbye to our 4 bags until San Francisco. We then went through security and waited Posted by vansantjordan in Jordan's Travel Blog | Dec 14, 2016
- Down the Yorke PeninsulaPort Augusta (Population 13 500) 12 Dec.
We stopped in Port Augusta for half a day to have a pub lunch at the local hotel and see the town.
The town is much prettier that Whyalla and clearly doing well. There Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Dec 14, 2016
- Days 323 & 324 - Gosford & arrivée à SydneyAprès une longue journée de route, nous arrivons à Gosford où nous passons la nuit. Pour la dernière nuit du voyage, nous avons réservé un hôtel Ibis (retour à la civilisation avec ses chaînes connues). Enfin c’est surtout parce qu’il Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Dec 13, 2016
- Days 321 & 322 - DorrigoDépart vers Coffs Harbour. Après un arrêt pour le déjeuner, nous partons dans la direction de Dorrigo, dans les terres, pour voir les cascades d’eau.
Comme il commence à être tard et que la luminosité descend rapidement, nous allons voir les Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Dec 13, 2016
- Day 320 - YambaEncore une journée de route, jusqu’à Yamba, petite ville tranquille.
Nous allons prendre l'air près du port, il y a des dauphins qui jouent. Comme c’est lundi, tous les restaurants sont fermés, sauf le fish & chips et le resto/bar de Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Dec 13, 2016
- WhyallaWhyalla (Population 22600)
We were surprised to discover that Whyalla was the biggest city in the region (somehow we thought that Port Augusta would be - simply because it was more familiar to us). It has accessible beaches, a warm climate Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Dec 12, 2016
- Days 318 & 319 - Byron BayNous voilà au New South Wales, l'état où se trouve Sydney. On ne peut que remarquer que l'on passe d'un état à un autre car d'un côté la route est toute belle (Queensland) puis de l'autre les nids de poule Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Dec 11, 2016
- Days 315 to 317 - Brisbane & Surfers ParadiseNous partons de Noosa, direction la ville de Sunshine Coast, sensiblement plus bétonnée que Noosa. Ici, les élus locaux ont cédé aux sirènes des promoteurs immobiliers et investisseurs étrangers (autrement dit ici : Chinois). La ville n'a rien à offrir Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Dec 11, 2016
- Days 309 to 314 - Noosa et sa régionNous voilà à 2h au nord de Sydney sur la Sunshine Coast. Il ne faut surtout pas confondre avec la Gold Coast plus développée, on vous en parlera dans un prochain billet.
Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Dec 11, 2016
- From classical outback to the coastContrary to most other people in the campground, we took it easy and had a relaxed swim in the pool before heading off. The plan for the day allowed to take it very easy: we went shopping, had lunch in Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Dec 11, 2016
- Port Lincoln and the National ParkPort Lincoln National Park (City population 14 000)
After doing a lot of travel the previous week, we needed a break and decided to stop in Port Lincoln and Lincoln National Park for two days. For most of the time Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Dec 10, 2016
- The gorges of Karijini National ParkShortly after leaving Auski Raodhouse, the road passed along Karijini National Park and the landscape started to get interesting. The highway passed through the mountains following a small creek and we were treated to nice vistas along the way.
[img=ht Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Dec 10, 2016
- Before the start...Just a photo of the van the day before we start our 18 week long round trip to Tasmania!
Jurgens Travado TR2505 and the Tug. Posted by Johannstock in Johann & Noelene's Trip to Tasmania | Dec 9, 2016
- Mikkira koala sanctuaryMikkira Station outside Port Lincoln 6-7 Dec
This has been the biggest surprise since we’ve left Perth more than 3000km ago. Just outside Port Lincoln and next to the National Park there is 10km of dirt road that leads to a Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Dec 9, 2016
- Back to civilisationVisiting the supermarket is normally an inconvenience to the everyday life. Visiting Coles was now a luxury in ours. We strutted in with smiles from ear to ear ready to hunt and scavenge for whatever food satisfied our cravings. We Posted by Benannatravels in South East Asia and Australia | Dec 7, 2016
- R & K Doing OzWe are going to drive around Australia doing what we can of Highway 1. It will take us 110 days with 43 accommodation stops. We will drive (stop to stop) 13,685 kilometers or 8,504 miles. We will head off on Posted by pies2010 in R&K Doing Oz | Dec 6, 2016
- Nothing. Except endless bush, beaches, mines and stationsBroome is very remote even by Western Australian standards. Just an example to illustrate this statement: when searching for used bikes on gumtree.au.com, I had a couple of results for Broome and Cable Beach. And then the system offered to Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Dec 4, 2016
- Streaky BayStreaky Bay (pop 2200) 3-5 Dec
We made it to Streaky Bay in South Australia and decided to camp in a beach side caravan park. Right on the beach, and with so much to explore in the area, we stayed two Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Dec 4, 2016
- Exploring the KimberleyAfter a relaxing weekend in Broome, we headed north on the Cape Leveque Road to explore the Dampier Peninsula. We had been pre-warned that roughly 90km of the road are not paved, but it was still surprising to see that Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Dec 3, 2016