- Planning for the initial trip into Sth East Asia
After a great many meetings and much plotting and scheming with fellow directors we are soon to depart on the first of our trips into Sth East Asia on a quest to initiate innovative projects to he Posted by fpc3 in Never Forget Elephants | Nov 17, 2014
- Imperial spannersThis week promises a fiery assault from the skies – temperatures around 38, 39 – and so we are up and at work early, raking out the chickens' pens. A light Suffolk hen is spread like a pancake over her Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 17, 2014
- Osprey Bay, Cape Range National Park, WAWe woke to the sound of gushing water around 7am and jumped out of bed to check our hose. All was intact with ours, however it was the sprinkler they’d set up on the site to us. It Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Nov 15, 2014
- Exmouth, WAWell, we eventually got to Exmouth after our longest single journey of the trip so far. My super husband drove the 570km from Tom Price to Exmouth in seven hours, towing our home behind us. He wants to Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Nov 15, 2014
- Bees 'n' bush in QueenslandSo, it's been a while. Maybe I'll go back and fill in the giant gaps, and go on about India and New Zealand and all the time I've been in Australia so far, but it's easier to talk about the Posted by wanderingwolf in Off the Leash | Nov 14, 2014
- Blog 17. Dampier – Ellendale Pool
From Ningaloo we headed south and had a quick stop and walk around the pretty township of Coral Bay. This place again is about Posted by Rambla in The Big Lap 2014/15 | Nov 13, 2014
- Last days in PerthHad a pretty quiet last few days in Perth. My host Susanne and went to the Perth Zoo in search of exotic creatures. We found a few- here's a kangaroo and a kookaburra
[img=http:// Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 13, 2014
- Noosa, Maroochydore, Brisbane and CoolangattaWe spent a few more days enjoying Noosa which is a very nice spot (though a little fancy). We rode our bikes into town one day which gave us a good opportunity to appreciate the beautiful area around Noosaville which Posted by Ash-Clauds in Around Australia in 6 months | Nov 12, 2014
- Wednesday - waterToday I decided I wanted to go on a boat. I have found that I have loved the water here so much so I booked myself onto the afternoon "coffee cruise" which took you for a two hour cruise around Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 12, 2014
- Tuesday - city centreYesterday I went into the city centre and hit a few key spots I really wanted to see. I started with the Chinese garden of friendship which I just loved. As I have mentioned before I have discovered an affinity Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 12, 2014
- Cape Leveque, Goombaragin We’ve had a great week this week managing the Eco retreat and sightseeing in the Cape Leveque area.
The owners at Goombaragin have left us here for a week (with their 16 year old son) to manage the property. I Posted by Hibberson5 in Five go off in a caravan | Nov 12, 2014
- Short and sweet at Tom Price, WAWe hit the road from Dales Gorge campsite and did our journey to Tom Price quite quickly in an hour and a half. It was very scenic, as the countryside is constant from Karijini to Tom Price – all Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Nov 11, 2014
- testHi Steve, I was messing around with Travellers point and i think it has what I want. Photos, vid, maps and able to add entries to the blog as you go. can add tags as well.
Thanks again for your Posted by rob.s in Test Blog | Nov 11, 2014
- Karijini National Park, WABefore leaving Port Hedland, we had the phone conversation regarding the caretaking job. Genevieve from Doorawarrah Station called at 7.30am as planned, and she seemed delightful. She is going overseas for the first time with her grown up Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Nov 11, 2014
- Finally it’s time to pack up the caravan …Finally it’s time to pack up the caravan …
It’s just 5 months almost to the day since we departed 25 Horseshoe Bend, (we left on Tuesday 10 June) and headed south in our newly acquired Toyota Prado. With clear Posted by twodubfers in Seeing Australia | Nov 10, 2014
- More PerthI took another day to explore Perth. I had two goals; one to visit the Perth Art Gallery and the other to visit[[http://www.scitech.org.au/| Scitech]], Perth's hands-on science museum. Science first, naturally!
Scitech is a very nice facility, probab Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 10, 2014
- Adventures on Rottnest IslandToday my AirBnb host Susanne and I headed off for Rottnest Island, a popular tourist destination about 20 miles off the coast near Perth.
More about the history of the island later. We took [[http://www.rottnestfastferries.com.au/|Rottnest Fast Ferr Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 10, 2014
- SydneyWe have had 4 wonderful sunny days in Sydney and I am at the moment on a bus to Coffs Harbour. All our ideas of Australia were confirmed when we on our first day saw a havaianas vending machine, heard Posted by vikingabroad in VIKING ABROAD | Nov 10, 2014
- Blue MountainsWe headed away from Sydney and up into the Blue Mountains, it is a spectacular place. It is very picturesque with so much diverse bush land, from rainforests to the typical Australian bush.
The Katoomba town itself is full Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Nov 10, 2014
- How it all startedThroughout school, I was never too clear on what it was I wanted to do with my life however I did know that at some point I needed to travel.
After what I consider to be a rather rough year Posted by nomadicblonde in Finally fulfilling a dream | Nov 9, 2014
- Sunday, Monday - happy days Yesterday Sophie, Steve and I went into Newtown. They liken it a bit to Camden, it's got a cool hippy vibe/community. We had a nice lunch and then went to the Newtown festival where there were a few stages with Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Nov 10, 2014
- Dubai===Day 1===
After my flight with Emirates to Dubai which I enjoyed a lot (oriental design, USB-charger, big screens, water dispensers...) I needed to get to my couchsurfing host Ron somehow. It was a public holiday when I arrived so no Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Nov 9, 2014
- Airlie Beach & The Whitsundays - Oz East Coast Adventure[center]Airlie beach is a beautifully small seaside town visited by many as the starting hub for trips to the famous Whitsunday coast in Queensland. A series of small shops and a handful of lively backpacker bars and hostels line the Posted by amiee1992 in Off to see the world | Nov 8, 2014
- Port Hedland, WAIt was a three-hour drive from Eighty Mile Beach to Port Hedland, through very bland landscape. There really wasn’t anything to see until we got close to Port Hedland, and then there were a few large road trains, mining Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Nov 8, 2014
- Cruise Tips for Australian first time cruisers Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Nov 8, 2014