- Day 8: Menindee, NSWToday was a sit around and relax day ..... Well, that's what it was supposed to be after we did a few chores.
First off, Deb did the washing (using our fantastic little automatic washing machine), but disaster hit .... Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 28, 2015
- Perth Hills, Mundaring - WA
Moving on from Victoria, I'd had the wonderful offer to house and animal sit for a month in Mundaring, near Perth.
The house was s stunning property hidden away in the woods:
[img=http://photo Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Apr 10, 2015
- I'm officially stuck in a stairwell!!Sydney
As we exited the Qantas flight there was a real sense of excitement for Australia. Being able to visit friends and family in Sydney, exploring the coast and also the fact that we had a car for journey as opposed Posted by Bernard.loughra in Nicola and Bernard's World Trip | Apr 27, 2015
- Day 7: Silverton - Broken Hill - Menindee NSWHere we are leaving Penrose Park and Silverton ..... Zayney is getting a bit sick of posing for photos 😁
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/581504/B955F3A0B3D2F96 Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 26, 2015
- Leaving Mansfield
It seems everybody is involved with part of the community somehow. Fenella is a great support to the Pony Club, and the week after I left was the annual event. One of the jobs that nee Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Mar 26, 2015
- The Man From Snowy River
The scenery of Mansfield became well known as the location for the 1981 film The Man From Snowy River ,
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/Craigs_Hut_View_fence. Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Mar 22, 2015
- Sydney - Canberra - Monday, 13 April 2015We both woke up at 1am and tossed and turned. By 4am we were still awake and decided to watch the last day of the Masters Golf from Augusta. We have never suffered from jet lag like this Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 25, 2015
- Santiago to Sydney - Sunday, 12 April 2015We had a good flight and landed in Sydney at about 6 pm. Called into duty free and bought some grog and perfume. Breezed through immigration and customs. It is nice to be in a country where Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 25, 2015
- Follow up Stories[[http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2014/07/25/4053857.htm?site=conversations|Muttaburra Stories]]
Tuesday 29 July 2014 12:05AM
[[http://www.abc.net.au/l Posted by Dino Explorers in Dinosaur Triangle | Feb 7, 2015
- Build A Bear - Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia - Youtube Link==[[http://youtu.be/EyNvrEPAS5k|CLICK HERE]]== Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Apr 25, 2015
- Mount Stirling - Victoria
Making the most of the beautiful scenery, I headed up to Mount Stirling for a day of alpine walking with my trusty rusty truck
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016 Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Mar 22, 2015
- Day 6: Silverton, NSWIt's very windy and cool here today.
Here are some pictures of history of Penrose Park, where we are staying:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/581504/180_B7EA5 Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 25, 2015
- Menindee LakesThe Menindee Lakes are only about an hour's drive from Broken Hill so we arrived quite early in the day - a beautiful day of about 25 degrees.
Leaving Broken Hill, we drove through the hills that surround that area then Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvan | Apr 24, 2015
- Day 5: Mildura - Broken Hill - SilvertonWe have a very poor phone/internet connection so will update this page in more detail later.
We had a good journey from Mildura to Broken Hill stopping at a lovely picnic spot for lunch at an annabranch of the Darling River.
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 24, 2015
- Day 4: MilduraToday was spent relaxing by the Murray ... We went for a long walk with Zayney along a bush track, then relaxed, sitting by the Murray.
Tomorrow we are off to Broken Hill. Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 24, 2015
- Mildura to Broken HillA fairly straightforward trip from Mildura to Broken Hill - long easy to drive highway - through lots of saltbush plains, mulga, - a largely pale mint green bush and red dirt landscape.
Lots Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvan | Apr 23, 2015
- Horses - Delatite Farm, Victoria
Mark & Fenella have some beautiful horses on the farm, with Millie becoming an excellent eventer in show jumping and dressage.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/Millie_Jumping.jpg Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Mar 11, 2015
- Sunshine coast
Next morning we had brekkie in Eumundi and met Belgians Ruben and Charlotte who cycled in New Zealand and also from Melbourne to Brisbane (sponsored by Etixxx?) They were heading north to Frasier and Whitsundays and also nearing the end Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Apr 22, 2015
- Glasshouse Mountains
We continued our journey North, towards the Glasshouse Mountains. We stopped by a nice lookout and after visiting the infocenter climbed one of the mountains (NguNgu mountain). These are mountains which resisted the erosion of the surrounding volcanic s Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Apr 22, 2015
- Ipswich - Brisbane
Before entering Brisbane, we had a stop in Ipswich where it was cheaper to stay. We walked around in the evening and went to a local micro brewery to taste some local beers. Christophe thought it was way too bitter Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Apr 22, 2015
- Gold Coast - Mt Tambourine
After Coffs harbor we decided to drive hard in the direction North to get to Queensland. We passed Grafton, drove past the coast to Ballina (big shrimp) and drove through Byron Bay, around the lighthouse (too many ppl). Then we Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Apr 22, 2015
- Coffs Harbour
Before Coffs we stopped in Bellingen, where we met an unfriendly local who was complaining about our correctly parked car. Otherwise it was a nice town with a lot of organic and healthy food shops and cafes.
We continued to Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Apr 22, 2015
- Cattle Mustering - Delatite Farm
I've had a little involvement with cattle growing up, but nothing on the scale of mustering a mob of cattle for weighing.
Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Mar 13, 2015
- Newcastle / Lake Macquarie Massive Storm Damage-Youtube link[[https://youtu.be/U4QIUvuYVVw|Youtube Link Click Here]] Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Apr 22, 2015
- Day 3: Nyah to MilduraAs usual, it was a leisurely start .... but a tad stressful. As were about to drive out of the park, Deb couldn't find her mobile phone. After a quick look in pockets, car and van she thought she must've Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 22, 2015