- Kangaroo does not taste like chickenFor our Sydney stay we bought mymulti3 for $63 ea covers ferries, trains and busses.
We took lots of ferries.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115/548E1108ABA66032736693B957C3FA2E.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115/thumb_548E110 Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 11, 2014
- Getting Funky, not phobicOur last day in Queensland started out sunshine and unicorns:
We went to Barcelona, a restaurant at Abel Point Marina known for a curious fusion of Spanish and Whitsunday tapas, for non-hurried Cappuccinos and to eat breakfast, write postcards (with no Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 10, 2014
- The World of the ReefLauren, Matthew and about 150 of our closest friends chartered a boat to the Great Barrier Reef. With Cruise Whitsunday you saddle up to the Pontoon, either at Hardy or Knuckle Reef, conditions depending, and snorkel, dive, have a massage, Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 9, 2014
- Do you Didgeridoo?Adventurous DIY continental brekky of two poached eggs, two slices of toast- hold the Vegemite, apple and orange juices, and bad coffee, probably due to our inexperience with the coffee machine. It was a relaxed, slow breakfast on our deck, Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 8, 2014
- Thanks for the hangoverWe packed the boot and were off at 7, hangover intact, unable and unwilling to drink coffee. Teresa, what a trooper, made us toast, sans Vegemite. We were still giggling about the puzzle box. Flavio dropped us at Tullamarine at Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 7, 2014
- Melbourne Monday Today we were on our own. We decided to get our packing in order: repack with newly laundered clothes and send newly acquired things home. We packed up a box, cabbed it to post, walked to South Morang station, the Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 6, 2014
- The puzzle box incidentAt last the kanggies! I knew it was going to be a great day when at last the kanggies came. Just as Teresa promised they would, most likely at dawn or at dusk, a kangaroo family grazed in the reserve Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 5, 2014
- No MSG... More chillies!4M- Saturday
Flav-eresa took us to two must-see institutions that are the backbone of Melbourne living: mcg and the casino.
Melbourne Cricket Ground (mcg, or as Lauren typically misnames, msg)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115/513634FA Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 4, 2014
- AFL 101:AFL 101
With Prof Flav-eresa
Carlton or Richmond?
Black and gold or blue and white?
Notes taken during Aussie-Rules Football League game televised Friday night, in preparation for the live AFL game we were scheduled to see on Saturday.
Differe Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 3, 2014
- Mornington Peninchula
Teresa was there to supervise the Vegemite production this morning. She regrette Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 3, 2014
- Melbourne CityKara and David's Melbourne City Tour
We parked at crown casino car park and Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 2, 2014
- What's up with the Second Wagga?
Equipped with a white Toyota Camry and a map, we left at 10 o'clock in the mor Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 1, 2014
- Preparation for the Journey
Well we didn't think we could pack this quickly. We had done some preparation for the girls but not much else. Overnight a fire at Sampson Flat had come in close enough proximity th Posted by cgpendii in Fahpen Holiday | Jan 2, 2015
- Sydney - Where New Years Eve and Summer MeetOn the first night I managed to sleep a good nine hours. Woo I beat jet-lag! We went for a nice drive along the coast, seeing the different beaches and bays, all the way up to Watsons Bay. We stopped Posted by gila in Gila Goes Global | Jan 1, 2015
- Blue MountainsDie ersten 100 Kilometer mit unserem eigenen Auto liegen nun zurück und wir befinden uns im Blue Mountains National Park westlich von Sydney.
Niedergelassen haben wir uns in Katoomba, der größten Stadt in den Blue Mountains, nicht weit entfernt von den Posted by DMJH in Thailand & Australia 2014 | Oct 29, 2014
- SydneyViel Zeit ist bereits seit unserem letzten Blogeintrag vergangen und Thailand liegt nun schon gut 2 Monate zurück. Mittlerweile haben wir uns bestens in Australien eingelebt und sind mit unserem Auto an der Ostküste entlang unterwegs.
Unser erster Tag Posted by DMJH in Thailand & Australia 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- Newcastle NSW Australia Foreshore (video) Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Jan 1, 2015
- Hot! Hot! Hot!We've emerged from our post-Xmas food coma, crawled out from under the discarded wrapping paper, packed away the decorations, put the tree out, flown north for our Second Xmas seafood feast, packed absolutely everything in perfectly weighed bags (leaving Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 1, 2015
- New challenge aheadWhere do we start.
For those of you don't know, we have been given the opportunity to manage a motel in Ceduna, whilst in Kimba we met some lovely farmers whilst doing the grain and one of the farmers owns a Posted by mortstravels in Living our Dream | Jan 1, 2015
- Reverse BirthdaySylvia, our driver, picked us up in her Mazda CX-5. We buckled up for the wild ride for our afternoon appts.
Dom and D's for afternoon tea- double d style. Which means no tea at all. Homebrew. And cured Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jun 30, 2014
- The Days of our Griffith Lives Continues...We walked into town via mcdonalds mccafe to borrow some internet connection and stopped at the pharmacy and post. Since when does it cost $2.60 to send a postcard? [Insert "I remember when..." old hag moment here.]
Angelo, Annalisa and Christopher Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jun 29, 2014
- Driving LessonsWe spent our Sunday morning lazily about Emilia's couch watching old family videos. 6 hours of wedding video à la Corinne and Ross from the lacy, mustached early nineties.
Auntie whipped up a little lunch: just some veal-filled tortellini with Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jun 28, 2014
- DiSalvo Family Tour of GriffithThe DiSalvo family gave us a grand tour of Griffith. We caravanned in two cars, Ross drove one, Jaqueline the other. It is hard to grasp any town was established in 1916. We ended at the Lake where we petted Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jun 26, 2014
- Are We Related?27 hours later, we were there. In Griffith, the small town of mythic proportions. From the window of our third and last plane, Matthew pointed, "I see Angelo". I looked out and saw an Italian man and a small boy. Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jun 25, 2014
- I'm not contagiousWe are excited for our trip to Australia. Two years in the making, one year delayed.
The very moment the seat-belt fasten light dinged off and we were free to move about the cabin, my unknown seat mate excused himself. He Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jun 23, 2014