- KakaDU a lot of walking So today I collected a car from Darwin Airport and made my way out towards Kakadu, after a quick Coles shop. I had a nosey around a cute little town called Humpty Doo, did two bush walks around Fogg Dam Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | May 30, 2016
- Darwin (Hot, Hot, Hot)So once I got to Darwin, which is bloody hot by the way, I made my way to my hostel and got checked in. I had a wander down the Main Street, picked up some food for the next few Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | May 30, 2016
- Earthquakes, Bar Brawls and a Big Ass RockSo I was super excited to catch my flight on Friday morning, and to meet up with Jess and the boys at Alice Springs. There was actually shrieking in arrivals! We collected our VERY bright green hire car (you certainly Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | May 30, 2016
- Kangaroo CuddlesSo my last few days in the outback were mainly spent driving! I left my cosy underground apartment and had some breakfast in Coober Pedy before heading to the Kangaroo Orphange. Met several orphaned Kangaroos and a new baby called Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | May 30, 2016
- Ready for departure Sitting at Melbourne airport waiting for boarding on QF9 - an A380, rather huge plane. Kids showing no signs of tiredness and are so excited it is adorable to watch. A long journey ahead and we look forward Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | May 30, 2016
- AdventureB4DementiaNot a terribly exciting day. A dead fridge put our departure time behind by about 3 hours. Thankyou BCF for being open at 8.30 on a Sunday morning and thankyou Waeco for b having a fridge that fit our existing Posted by AJandShelly in AdventureB4Dementia | May 29, 2016
- Palmerston outside DarwinPalmerston
The repairs to the caravan were more difficult than anticipated, so we ended up staying in a motel style room with an en suite in Free Spirit Caravan Park outside Darwin. Lovely park with great pool, but a rowdy aboriginal Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | May 28, 2016
- Shark bay and monkey Mia
Another short drive from Coral Bay, led us down the coast towards another peninsular on the west, Shark Bay. On the way down we stopped at Carnarvon to get supplies, go shopping, make some phone calls and get some internet. Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | May 27, 2016
- Page 8 Dampier Transit Park. Max. 3 day stay allowed.
Lucky we booked. Terrorists are on the move, only room for approx. 20 vans. Nice base overlooking waters of Dampier Port, easy trip into Karratha.
$28/night, cannot connect water hose, only two Posted by Siekierkas in More than one page.Laz & Barbaira | May 27, 2016
- Page 7Begin again - 200km roadworks await (for third time) !!!! as we Begin Again!!
Leave Carnarvon early, as we pass Minilya we know what's ahead, with temperature climbing rapidly to 38deg.
Overnight stop at Barradale (Yannarie) - has not been roadhouse for Posted by Siekierkas in More than one page.Laz & Barbaira | May 25, 2016
- Page 6Spent a relaxing few days in Kalbarri. Re-set our internal clocks and compass to begin again Posted by Siekierkas in More than one page.Laz & Barbaira | May 16, 2016
- Page 5Bid farewell to a much loved Mum and Gran - Maureen Joyce Morgan (née O'Neill) 27.06.1926 - 2.05.2016 , who lived a very fulfilling life. xx.
Brother Trevor has passed away, and news of passing of Roma O'Neill also. R.I.P Posted by Siekierkas in More than one page.Laz & Barbaira | May 11, 2016
- Page 4Arrived early afternoon after traversing 200 kms of roadworks from Minilya to Nanutarra. Slow, dusty and landscape resembles red dirt moonscape in most parts as we ascend and descend each small range. Must be 300 workers and at least 5 Posted by Siekierkas in More than one page.Laz & Barbaira | May 3, 2016
- Packed and ready to go!Hi Everyone
Welcome to the test run entry of the blog and my practice run before departure on Monday. Our trip this time around sees us leaving Canberra Monday 5pm, flying to Melbourne before catching the flight to Heathrow with Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | May 27, 2016
- Nearly there!Only 3 sleeps to lift-off!!
J & D
Posted by joyware in KembuTwo | May 27, 2016
- Coroborree BillabongCoroborree Billabong
We had a gas strut pop out on our caravan’s roof, so we were forced to turn back to Darwin (our closest Jayco service centre) for repairs. I spent several hours trying to get the roof back down (needed Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | May 27, 2016
- Eildon to CoomaThe morning we left Eildon we drove across the dam wall:
We then took the Skyline Road towards Augusta - some fantastic views but it r Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | May 26, 2016
- Coral bayAfter leaving Cape Range we decided to have a short drive down to Coral Bay, a tiny town on the coast where the Ningaloo Reef continues. It was a pretty boring drive with nothing of interest on the way and Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | May 26, 2016
- Kakadu is magicJabiru as base to Kakadu
We based ourselves in Jabiru to explore this vast heritage listed national park. This spans 20 000 sq km of wetlands, rock formations, waterfalls and amazing, varied, animal life. E.g. twice as many fish species as Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | May 25, 2016
- Launceston Revisited9/5/2016 - 23/5/2016
Well the bad weather has persisted as we left Deloraine in the rain and wind. We have decided to go back to Old Macs Farm, Launceston , where we stayed back in February not long after we Posted by Pipandpop in Doug & Chris On The Road | May 24, 2016
- What the Heck Was I Thinking?I was a good kid. Always did my homework without arguing. Never cheated on tests. Picked up litter when walking home. Rarely disobeyed my parents. Hey, I said I was good, not perfect.
And I Posted by LifelongVaga in Lifelong Vagabond's World Travels | May 24, 2016
- 9 days to go9 days to go until Christine and I board a plane for Milan. After so long planning it, the countdown is now on. Checking if I remember how this blog website works and checking the settings.
Off to Italian Classes Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | May 24, 2016
- Devonport to Lake EildonThe day we left was not what we hoped for...gale force winds and pouring rain! However by the time we reached Devonport, the weather had become considerably calmer and the sea looked fine! We had a long wait Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | May 23, 2016
- Croc Action and Aboriginal ArtUbirr and Cahill’s Crossing
We went to the north of Kakadu to see the aboriginal art at Ubirr, do the walk through amazing rock formations and climb to see the views across the wet lands. What a wonderful and inspiring experience. Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | May 23, 2016
- Exploring the Ningaloo Reef, Cape Range National ParkExmouth sits at the top of a peninsular on the Western Coast of Australia. Along the western side of this Cape is a world heritage acclaimed reef called the Ningaloo Reef. This coupled with the mountain range running down the Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | May 22, 2016