- Heading westThis blogging has had me a bit beat but I'm gradually getting the hang of it. I seem to have missed quite a few bits and people out of our trip so far! For instance we had three Posted by twodubfers in Town of 1770 | Aug 4, 2014
- Planning and PackingRori to write some comments here....
Posted by hcanderson in Europe 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- nearly goingNot long to go now .. 21st August we fly out .. Its starting to get a bit real now, especially as I hold all the bits and pieces .. passports, international licenses, etickets, accomm vouchers, eurorail .. and pocket Posted by lisahazell in Hazells in Europe | Aug 3, 2014
- Longreach, QueenslandLongreach is a really interesting (dusty) town. It is best known for the QANTAS Founders Museum and the Stockmans Hall of Fame.
Our Caravan Park is massive with about 300 sites:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/581504/09AF1CD62219AC681749C20AC Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Aug 3, 2014
- Bloody FishProbably the most frustrating day of the trip. Went to Broome wharf this morning........closed. Went off and visited the mango farm, delicious smoothie, result - feeling good, feeling positive. Home for lunch, back to the wharf. Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Aug 3, 2014
- To the Tip of OzWe've had a great few weeks roughing it in our tent to get to the Tip of Australia. it is a truly amazing part of our country and has been one of our highlights so far.
We visited Cooktown first Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Aug 2, 2014
- As far as we can ..Since we collected this caravan, now affectionately known as NFAA which stands for No Fixed Abode Again, we have stayed at Corindi, Peter and Di's at The Gap, Brisbane, Mudjimba, Sharon Nature Reserve which was our first freebie, Kin Kora, Posted by twodubfers in Town of 1770 | Aug 2, 2014
- Another day in the city!Saturday 8/2 we got to sleep in, which was good because we had stayed up super late talking and bonding after the debutante ball. We were all pretty wound up and only got about 5 hours sleep before we Posted by AlexAustralia in Australia Trip | Aug 2, 2014
- Debutante BallFriday we had the day off, as it was the big debutante ball. My good friend Jasmine was one of the debutantes and looked gorgeous, it was so great to be there to share it with her! We Posted by AlexAustralia in Australia Trip | Aug 2, 2014
- Day in the City!Hi sorry I'm so late posting this, we have literally had very little free time! So - here's what happened Wednesday night and Thursday:
Wednesday night was our second presentation (the first was to the school on Monday). This Posted by AlexAustralia in Australia Trip | Aug 2, 2014
- Barcaldine, QueenslandThe drive from Charleville to Barcaldine was around 450km - a bit longer than we normally do, but there was not much in between. We've been travelling along the Landsborough Highway since Charleville and intercepted the Capricorn Highway at Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Aug 2, 2014
- Enjoying BroomeUp and picked up by 7am for our road trip to the Dampier Peninsula a round trip of about 450k, 90 k each way of unmade road. We decided to let a company ruin their vehicle seeing this is Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Aug 2, 2014
- Getting CloseJust over three weeks to go and just about anything that can be done has been done. Just got to be patient and while away the next three weeks.
Jenny has added some additional 'shore excursions'. We realise the Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Aug 2, 2014
- Sydney Harbour Bridge - ReviewTHEY say a picture paints a thousand words.
But neither the photographs nor the words on this page can do justice to the spectacular experience that is the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb.
Overcoming a mild case of vertigo and parting with the Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 1, 2014
- 2nd August 2014- We've arrived!Well, what can I say? It has been a MANIC few days!
Arrived in Sydney on Sunday, July 27, and haven't stopped since landing at 7.45am.
Decided the best thing to do was try and stay awake, despite having had about 50mins Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 1, 2014
- 29-31 JulyI don't think I have ever been so cold. It was minus 7 degrees overnight at the Fossickers Caravan Park in Glen Innes. Our canvas camper trailer annex did little to protect us and, in spite of a Posted by hilary1501 in Hil and Pete, Cooktown to Cape York | Jul 31, 2014
- No Photos Today!!!!!I remember when Bek and Jase were doing the same trip as we are on, she would often stop and reflect on things she had seen and thoughts she had. I can understand this as there is quite a Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 31, 2014
- Charleville, QueenslandIt was a short 250km drive from Charlotte Plains to Charleville, so we arrived on Wednesday by lunchtime. After settling in we went to the tourist info centre and booked in to see the Bilby Tour at 6pm and Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Charlotte Plains, QueenslandHere we are leaving our River Camp Ground in Cunnamulla (note the red soil..... we really are in the outback):
We checked out the town before leaving. Of course, Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- A slice of paradise - Cape Leveque(Vicky)
After a stop over in Broome to drop off the van we headed north to Cape Leveque. This is not caravan territory. It's 200km from Broome with 80kms or so being like a corrugated bobsled track. We Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jul 30, 2014
- 18: Opal town[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 30, 2014
- Lazy Day in BroomeWe are looking for a really stupid fish in Broome, one that gets onto our lines not those either side of us! We are really nice and congratulate those who are successful and appreciate their sympathetic looks as we walk Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 30, 2014
- Fire Brigade, Police Station, and More Schooling!These past two days have flown by! Yesterday the delegation went first to the fire brigade, where we learned about how they work. They have instead of city fire brigades, its the whole state. They also have volunteers, which make Posted by AlexAustralia in Australia Trip | Jul 29, 2014
- Best Day So Far!!!After a few very similar days on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday last week, which largely consisted of strolling round the harbour and grabbing a few afternoon drinks in the amazing weather, Thursday came as a breath of fresh air and Posted by barney2186 in Barney's Big Oz Adventure | Jul 29, 2014
- Purnululu (Bungle Bungles National Park)On the advice of the families we met last night we headed into the park early. There are 4WD tour buses that we could have taken, but would have cost us $1000+. Unfortunately we left just after 7am, Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 29, 2014