- Sydney to Canberra - Saturday, 22 February 2014Up at 7.00 am, quick shower and on the road by 8.00 am. Called into MacDonalds at Liverpool for breakfast and then continued on to Canberra. There is a medium amount of traffic but nothing much to worry Posted by gaddingabout in Return to India - Colours of South India | Feb 21, 2014
- The east side of TASMANIA So where did I leave off. Sometimes when you are super busy and low on internet time it is hard to blog. But..here goes and I will try to catch up.
We made it to wineglass bay and hiked Posted by Bada Bing in JOHN & DONNA DOWN UNDER-5 YEARS LATER | Feb 21, 2014
- Sydney to ChristchurchChampions League, Barca in 1/8 finals and how I am going to watch the game? Well, quite easy thanks to Australian public TV SBS - I got up at 6:30am and watched the entire game in HD quality for free. Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 21, 2014
- Sydney day 2The sky was covered with thick clouds so we got up late and started the day slowly. Good thing is, when we took off, the sun appeared on the sky again.
We got on the free bus number 555 and went Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 21, 2014
- Perth day 3Had another wonderful day in Perth. We went up the Bell Tower and were there for the ringing of the bells.
What an amazing experience there were eight bell ringers one of them being 70 who has been ringing the Posted by 2kiwis in Australia, New Zealand 2014 | Feb 20, 2014
- It's TimeIt's 12 months since returning from the round OZ trip in the caravan and although there's been some short trips it's time for another adventure.
Come April 3rd, 4 of us will be heading north the the Kimberley region for 4 Posted by BobnJo-Elsbury in Kimberley Adventure | Feb 20, 2014
- Chapter 10: A bumpy ride to Rottnest IslandDie vergangene Woche begann mit einem Paukenschlag! Eben erst mit sensationellen Eindrücken vom City Beach zurückgekommen, hat es am Montag Morgen doch tatsächlich geregnet. Ja, ich sehe, auf euren Gesichtern macht sich Enttäuschung breit (und wohl auch e Posted by NoUturners in Let's do summer ... | Feb 20, 2014
- Day 38: Superb Lyrebird!Hello, this is the combined post for today and yesterday, my family and my two full days in Melbourne, Australia.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19:
The highlight of yesterday was going to the world heritage sight Carlton Gardens. I saw a few birds Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 19, 2014
- Our kids belong in the zooToday we split forces. Henry didn't want to go to the boring zoo, and Pearl didn't want to go on a boring bird trip, so we matched each child with their preferred activity.
Henry and Sue jumped on a suburban Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 19, 2014
- PerthPerth, situated on the Swan River is a contemporary city and has one of the best climates in Australia.
Perth is the capital of W.A. and has a total area of 2,500,000 Sq klms and has a population of 2 million Posted by 2kiwis in Australia, New Zealand 2014 | Feb 19, 2014
- Toronto to Perth What can I say apart from not the most exciting 51 and 1/2 hours that we have ever spent. This time is from the time we got up in Toronto
until we went to bed in Perth.
We left Toronto Posted by 2kiwis in Australia, New Zealand 2014 | Feb 19, 2014
- Thunderstorm beats thundersnow, right?This morning we enjoyed the beautiful city of Melbourne. We strolled through the quaint alleyway of DeGraves Street with its friendly cafes and bohemian vibe, then progressed uptown to the more affluent Royal and Block Arcades with Victorian architecture Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 18, 2014
- Noosa Heads > EumundiTuesday 18 February 2014
Packed up camp in Noosa and headed to Maroochydore for the day. We spent the hottest part of the day in the van phoning and emailing people up the coast trying to arrange gigs for the Posted by jamison 2014 in Mike and Wendy's Gap Year | Feb 18, 2014
- Austrailia: Melbourne - Sydney
We began our time in Australia in Melbourne, where our nights were spent watching tennis (see post - Australian Open) and our days were spent trying to stay cool. The weather in Melbourne is Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Feb 18, 2014
- Testing testing 1,2,3So as we get ready for d-day, which is only 10 sleeps away (eeeek!!) we need to check a few more things off the list and one of them is being ticked off right now - organising the travel blog. Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Feb 18, 2014
- Boiling hot country...Hey da draussen
Seit zwei Wochen bin ich nun in Australien. Der Flug nach Melbourne war fantastisch. Zuerst ein wunderschöner Sonnenuntergang und dann der Anflug bei Nacht über die Stadt. Wie es der Zufall so wollte war an diesem Tag auch Posted by RealJourney in REAL JOURNEYS | Feb 18, 2014
- A fine summer day in MelbourneThe kids' interest in geological wonders has been tapped out, so we dropped Henry at an estuary for 30 minutes of birding, while the three of us took in a few more Great Ocean Road wonders before heading to the Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 17, 2014
- Day 37: Port Campbell to MelbourneToday my family and I traveled from Port Campbell National Park to Melbourne, Australia's second largest city. It was our warmest day of 2014 so far, with the high temperature of the day being 88 degrees Fahrenheit. Before today, the Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 18, 2014
- 1 New Notification ‘Hey, yea I’m from (insert country here).’
‘Oh really? I want to go there one day.’
‘Ah well add me and when you come hit me up.’
I’ve had this conversation so many times. And my facebook friends keep growing in number as Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Feb 17, 2014
- Sydney day 1Upon arrival yesterday the weather didn't look good at all and we feared it would stay like this. But when the angels travel... :-)
The sun arrived just in time when we left the apartment to visit Sydney. And it was Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 17, 2014
- Day 36: Koalas, Parrots, and More!Today was my first full day in Australia. I birded a bit near the motel before we started our driving trip for the day. The only noteworthy avian species where two species of wattlebirds, which you can compare in the Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 17, 2014
- Koala news
We are in Australia now! Today we traveled to a eucalyptus forest and looked for koalas in the trees. We found 17 koalas!
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters Jr. | Feb 17, 2014
- Having the right koalaficationsToday we explored two national parks on the southeastern coast of Australia. Our first stop was at a pleasantly fragrant eucalyptus forest to look for koalas. Before Dave could finish saying, "Keep an eye out for koalas," Henry Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 17, 2014
- Brisbane , Australia [float=left][/float][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/270_472381F92219AC6817C45FD5BA54B03A.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/thum Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Feb 17, 2014
- Noosa QldFriday
Drove up to Noosa staying at Big 4 Caravan Park at Tewantin near the Noosa Marina. Tonia has booked a house at Sunrise Beach and they brought Mum up with them.
Had an early morning swim - the Posted by jamison 2014 in Mike and Wendy's Gap Year | Feb 16, 2014