- Great Ocean Road - Day 3
The kids really felt the jet lag this morning as they were up at 4am! Told them to go back to sleep but the basically entertained themselves on their phones/ipods until we woke up Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 13, 2016
- Melbourne - Day 2
Our changeover from Singapore to Virgin Australia was very smooth. Whilst we did have to collect and re-check-in our luggage we did not have to go very far at all (just past boar Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 13, 2016
- Australia Trip 2016 - Day 1
It’s day one of the Jagpal’s Australia blog - for those that followed last year’s China blog I hope this will be just as informative and keeps you abreast of our travels. Thi Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 13, 2016
- Day 28Up and left the van park by 6am. Quick stop for coffee ans breaky at the bakery before leaving town.
On the way out of town we stopped for the usual sunrise photos haha.
30km out of town i Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 13, 2016
- Day 27Another long day of driving today,695 km and 7 hours 15 minutes.
Had a few stops along the way to check out the little and not so little towns we passed through.
First up Longreach.
Longreach was the home of Qantas , Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 13, 2016
- Before I goSo, I've booked the safari, the flights, had the vaccinations and bought the anti-malaria medication. I've bought a 65 litre backpack, and borrowed a compact sleeping bag and silk liner. I'v Posted by chrispix64 in Ceebee goes to Africa | Jul 12, 2016
- Australian CuriositiesOver the 7 weeks we were in Australia there were a few kooky things we picked up on that we found interesting and/or a little odd. Here are some of our favourites.
* Proliferation of road signs.
For whatever reason, Posted by advensha in Advensha | Jul 11, 2016
- Day 26, discovering dinosaursEarly rise this morning, 5am on the road at 6, headed towards winton.
Arrived about 11am, checked in to the van park, disconnected, set uo then hit the road again to find some dinosaurs!
Short drive down the highway bought us to Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 11, 2016
- Lawn Hill GorgeWe stayed at Adels Grove while visiting Lawn Hill Gorge. The grove had an amazing waterhole to swim in, we loved floating along in the tubes.
It was a short drive to visit the Riversleigh fossils where we saw fossils Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jul 11, 2016
- Perth, Fremantle and Rottnest islandOur last two weeks we rented a lovely Air BNB in Fremantle to sell our beloved car and camping equipment and explore Perth and surrounds. We managed to sell beautiful Bruce and relax for a few days. We spent a Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | Jul 11, 2016
- Karumba – Gulf of CarpentariaWe went to the Normanton River in the southern part of the Gulf of Carpentaria. The Barramundi discovery centre showed us how they breed Barra to release into the wild, we got to feed some of the Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jul 11, 2016
- Koalas, Wind and WhalesWe have had some rocky weather since my last post.
An afternoon and night was spent sheltering at Tumby Bay from strong wind and rain. The caravan has a leak through the front window,
which looks pretty with duct tape - Posted by BazandMaz in East to West Exploring the Nullabor. | Jul 11, 2016
- Day 9-10: Adelaide City and Glenelg BeachhouseOur last 2 days in Adelaide were spent visiting the city centre then taking the boys to a place called the Beachhouse (a fun park right next to the Winterfest Ice Skating whose highlight was 3 awesome waterslides...brrrrr!)
Our trip into Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 3, 2016
- Day 12-14: Victor HarborVictor Harbor felt like a double up of almost everything!
Day 1 was wet and wild so we:
- bought the foulest coffee in town (word of advice, don't visit the 'Coffee Palace' if you are ever in this part of the Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 1So day 1.
I’ll try my best to make this exciting for you, our fellow adventurers, but I won’t promise anything.
After a glorious day competing and celebrating Adam and I packed up and headed off into the South Australian distance (destination Posted by BelindaS in All Aussie Adventures | Jul 10, 2016
- Australia: Narara and Sydney No. 2On the morning of our departure from Melbourne Claire very kindly drove us to an area called Coburg to collect our next and final relocation vehicle. This time we were driving back to Sydney in one fell swoop - 860km, Posted by advensha in Advensha | Jul 10, 2016
- Day 25Kind of long biring day for the kiddlets today, ended up being just on 12hrs in the car, they were so good though, not too much winging, thank heavens for electronic devices hahaha..
Left Cape Crawford headed towards Barkley Homestead then Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 10, 2016
- Day 24 better late than never. Day 24 wow i can't believe it's been that long already!
We woke in Beautiful Katherine Gorge this morning, after breakfast we headed into town to do a little shopping and hit the markets before we were to meet up with Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 10, 2016
- TWO DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE!
Saying good-bye to Mildred, Ned & Anita with a lovely lunch at The Fig Restaurant, Waterloo Bay Hotel. It was a warm & sunny Sunday Posted by ValerieN in Adventure On! | Jul 10, 2016
- Hydeaway Bay to BowenWe drove into Proserpine for shopping then enjoyed our third visit to Whitsunday Plantation for coffee!! Just after , we left the main road and headed for Dingo Beach and Hydeaway Bay (the spelling is based on the name of Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Jul 9, 2016
- From Bourke to YowahDay 12. July 7
We've not much to report today. We went to town 3 times. Hiroe had a haircut. We refuelled. We purchased some groceries and just sat around for the rest of the time Posted by Bobnhiroe in The Darling River Run 2016 | Jul 9, 2016
- Soon!We are not sorry to leave the cold and wet tomorrow. Hope our take-off is cruisey. First stop Singapore. Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Jul 9, 2016
- A beautiful three weeks in Margaret River We initially planned on spending a week here but enjoyed it so much we spent close to three. We stayed at a working farm camp spot called Big Valley. It is a gorgeous friendly campground, complete with chucks roaming, working Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | Jul 8, 2016
- Home safe and sound Hello and greetings from Canberra. We arrived home to Weetangera Friday afternoon about 2pm due to minor delays leaving Melbourne. The flight back to Australia was surprisingly manageable and many thanks to the guy who checked us in Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 23Unlike every other day, today we had a little sleep in, well i did..
Packed up and headed in the direction of Katherine Gorge, with the hope of seeing this
However when we arrived we realised Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 8, 2016