- Tannum Sands to MiraniWe drove into Gladstone with the view to see sights that we had missed on a previous visit. Gladstone is very obviously industrial - with extensive spending on community infrastructure by stakeholders to beautify the town. Our first Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Jun 25, 2016
- Wet!Woke up to a sunny day........which didn't last long! We drove through heavy rain and had to pull over at Coonalpyn because Barry couldn't see through the rain. We popped heater on and made lunch. The front window Posted by BazandMaz in East to West Exploring the Nullabor. | Jun 25, 2016
- Day 20 - Alice SpringsWake up nice and early to find out that there have been some thieves running around the park in the night, my car was locked but unfortunately Nathan’s wasn’t, they only took the small change, left the cameras and GPS Posted by matt74maximus in Outback NT Adventure | Jun 25, 2016
- Day 19 - Alice SpringsToday we wake up, have some breakfast and pack the cars for a day full adventure East along the MacDonnell Ranges. Firstly, we head into town to get the latest road information and maps, fuel up then head out on Posted by matt74maximus in Outback NT Adventure | Jun 25, 2016
- And it's raining on the rock..... We arrived this afternoon at Yulara set up the van in the pouring rain, then headed for the rock, uluru.
Spectacular sight, waterfalls everywhere. Apparently we are very lucky as its a rare sight, hopefully we will see it in all Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 25, 2016
- Friday 24th juneQuick trip to the Old Ghan Railway Museum to start the day, pretty interesting, kids loved going through the carriages.
Snapped a few photos then jumped on board a very mini train for a few laps around the grounds.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 25, 2016
- 23rd June Day 8We haven't been able to update the blog for a few days as we've been out of service, but here's a quick catch up.
Thursday 23rd june we ticked some more things off our list aeound Alice.
First up we visited the Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 24, 2016
- Back in signal rangeWell hello, we're back!!! We were heading back onto dirt last time we spoke:-). We left Meekatharra after checking in with local police re: the roads through to Mt Augustus. Road open but expecting some rain. So we Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Jun 24, 2016
- Preparation in progressThis entry is just a short note to let everyone know what we have planned. Like every other trip, things could change daily (but you all know that already from past trips).
Anyway, here's the plan so far;
Leave her on Posted by Bobnhiroe in The Darling River Run 2016 | Jun 22, 2016
- Hi from Alice Springs 3/4SThanks for your comment on our blog, we are having a really fun time.
Hi class and Mrs See.
We leave Alice Springs tomorrow and are going to Curtain Springs.
On the way we are stopping at the henbury Meteorites conservation reserve.
Mums Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 22, 2016
- Broome and the staircase to the moonBroome (pop 16000)
Just before we entered Broome, we reached the 10 000km mark since leaving home.
Broome is by far the biggest town in the Kimberley. William Dampier landed here in 1699 on HMS Roebuck. The town was established in Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jun 22, 2016
- Day 7 and what a big day it was!Early start to the day today, up and on the rd by 9am heading East, first stop Emily gap.
Its so hard to explain just how beautiful the colours are in the rocks, the photos definitely don't do it justice, but Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 22, 2016
- Atherton TablelandsWe did a drive through tour of the Atherton tablelands. We drove up the mountain to Mount Molloy and down through Mareeba stopping at Tolga Bakery and the fruit and nut shop and stocking up on lots of yummy Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jun 22, 2016
- Phew!After a wet start to the day, we left home at 11, lunch at Ross and a stop at Latrobe to visit Reliquaire's temporary shop, which is in the owner's home, we made it to the ferry in plenty of Posted by BazandMaz in East to West Exploring the Nullabor. | Jun 22, 2016
- Travelling Light.. On the home front===Back by Popular Demand!!===
I don't know about most of you, but we have really missed our blog.. Not on a 'we must consider our loyal followers' basis but more on a 'we really need to keep looking at life through Posted by TravellingLight in Travelling Light | Jun 21, 2016
- Day 6 1st day in AliceFirst day in Alice and we managed to fit heaps in.
Started with a visit to John Flynn's memorial and grave.. Incase you didn't know Mr or Rev. Flynn was the founder of The Royal Flying Doctors, and is on Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 21, 2016
- Day 5 a day late 😞Day 5 started out with a delicious breakfast at coober pedy bar and grill (after a small sleep in for me, althought the girls were super excited to sleep underground there wasn't much sleeping going on, turns out its a Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 21, 2016
- Burrum Heads to Burnett HeadsWe spent two night in Burrum Heads - in an unusual caravan park with a street through the middle (we were on one side and the amenities were over the road!) - the shops were very handy though. Burrum Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Jun 21, 2016
- 4 more sleepsThe excitement is building up now! Cannot believe we are travelling over to US to see their beautiful countryside, especially the national parks. A highlight will be Yellowstone NP which is celebrating 100 years since opening. I will keep Posted by Pearcey in TableTop Travellers | Jun 21, 2016
- Australia: CanberraThe morning we left for Canberra from Sydney's Central Station was a little bit of a frantic one. We had been working to a departure time of 11:30am so we got ourselves together and loaded up with our bags, walked Posted by advensha in Advensha | Jun 20, 2016
- T-minus 19 daysThought it would be a good idea to do a test blog post before the big trip.
It's 19 days out (only 6 days of work) to go. Adam has already turned quite Coighty but I think I may commence Coight Posted by BelindaS in All Aussie Adventures | Jun 20, 2016
- Derby and visiting a unique aboriginal communityDerby (pop 5000)
The drive to Derby was long because there are not many interesting stops. We did see an amazing Boab tree (a “very special” one compared to 100’s of just “special” ones) and a Western Brown snake crossing the Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jun 20, 2016
- Cape TribulationWe found out why a rainforest is called a “rain” forest in Cape Tribulation. It never stops raining!
On our way we had a look at Mossman Gorge and then we had to cross the Daintree river on Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jun 20, 2016
- CairnsWhile we were in Cairns we had a ride on the scenic railway to Kuranda, where we looked around the markets. The highlight was the candy shop, watching them make strawberries and cream lollies, we got free samples and Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jun 20, 2016
- Halls Creek, Mary Pool and Fitzroy CrossingHalls Creek (pop 1600)
This is the Kimberley’s most inland town. Our map book called it “not the prettiest town you’ll ever see”. That is true. There is a great visitor centre and it has free wifi reception, so we Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jun 20, 2016