- Yee Haw! Outback Experience!Today we arrived at Kroombit park, for more of an outback experience! It is a true Australian working farm, and was such a neat place! Just before jumping right into the activities, Wade made a quick change into his ringer Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 26, 2014
- Our 88 days farm work..Pam's work...
Grape picking - picking grapes (raisins)
Grape picking & packing for $2.20 A BOX ready to go to the supermarket
Green Bean Factory - sorting out green beans & packing to go to buyer (sacked for talking on the line! Posted by livetotravel14 in Our Big Adventure... | Sep 26, 2014
- What an adventure!
As we come to the end of this odyssey we would both like to thank you for travelling with us. It has been great to read your comments, get your emails and texts. Made us feel our famil Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Sep 25, 2014
- Exploring Fraser Island!What an amazing and fun day on Fraser Island!! Our day started off by meeting our tour guide for the day, and hopping on the big 4x4 bus that would be touring us around the island. Fraser is the largest Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 25, 2014
- Drive, Drive, Drive!Today started off with a short one and a half hour drive to Brisbane, one of the fastest growing cities in Australia. It is actually not located on the coast, it is about 25 miles inland, built on a river. Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 25, 2014
- Sunshine CoastWe have spent the last 2 weeks moving south, steering away from caravan parks and choosing to stay either in National Parks or discounted camp stays at Show grounds or sporting clubs.
We spent a few nights in a place Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Sep 25, 2014
- From South Australia, into Victoria, into New South Wales anWe were lucky to pack up and head out of Nuriootpa in dry weather and to move onto the highway in the dry as there were quite a few trucks on this main drag between Adelaide and Sydney. The Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Sep 25, 2014
- Henry Angel Flat to Granya/Cottontree State ParkWednesday 24th
A cold night and a lovely day to follow again. The trip south to Corryong township was again a pleasant trip with plenty of hills and valleys and great views along the way. Most enjoyable.
Arriving in Corryong in time Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Sep 25, 2014
- Jugion to Henry Angel FlatTuesday 23rd
When we awoke the sun appeared to be shining but, when opening the door, we saw a quite heavy fog giving some interesting perspectives through the tall trees. A couple of photos and breakfast was soon consumed and we Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Sep 25, 2014
- Queanbeyan to Jugion (NSW)Monday 22nd
In one way this was a day that I was not looking forward to! The fact that we had maxed out the jockey wheel to attain sufficient height to level the van had left me with a very Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Sep 25, 2014
- Day 10A nice ride in the bus took met to Lakes Entrance. A little touristy place on 90 Mile beach. After a nice email and a good nights sleep I got up early for the ride to Bairnsdale.
On the way to Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Sep 25, 2014
- And who's hiding in that Caravan Park?AND WHO’S HIDING IN THIS CARAVAN PARK
- I wonder?
A very big part of our own lives’ rich tapestry is the people we have met and befriended on our way. Over the last 48 years it’s wonderful to realise that many Posted by twodubfers in Seeing Australia | Sep 24, 2014
- Whitsundays - trip 1 of 3So, it's been a very busy time since the last update- mainly spent island hopping and seeing some of the beauty of the East Coast.
After the Great Barrier Reef, we headed to Mission Beach where Fay did a skydive.
Then it Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Sep 24, 2014
- Trip 8 Inskip PointAmazingly Lisie came home early on Friday and having packed the van on Thursday we were on the road before 14:00, the traffic was not bad considering it was last day of school and Friday afternoon, but all stoped before Posted by Rontatts in SIDETRACKED | Sep 24, 2014
- Rainforest's & Surf!Off we go again! We are headed to the Gold Coast today! Our first stop on the way was Springbrook National Park. We took a walk through a gorgeous rainforest, our tour guide pointed out some of the interesting things Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 23, 2014
- PlanningPlanning is now well under way, with only three more sleeps to go!
We are all looking forward to the trip and I hope all students and teachers final preparations are going well.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by Aausten in KBC Canberra - Sydney 2014 | Sep 23, 2014
- Gibb River Road, WAWe decided not to take the Karunji track from Digger’s Rest – it is an unmaintained road with a big sign saying, “use at own risk”. As we are on our own we felt it would be a bit Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Sep 23, 2014
- Port Lincoln to Port Augusta and on to the Barossa.Firstly, the South Australians don't winge as much when their footy team gets beaten, though it was still the lead item on the news ahead of the terrorist threats to Australia.
Enjoyed our drive up the ‘other side’ of the Eyre Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Sep 23, 2014
- Zebedee springs, Emma gorge, Boab prison treeOn our last full day at El Questro we checked with reception to see which gorges were closed due to the raging bush fires that are currently burning through the kimberlys. There were 3 gorges we couldn't access that day Posted by Ash-Clauds in Around Australia in 6 months | Sep 22, 2014
- El QuestroKnowing that this was our last full day of driving for a while we were keen to leave our last free camp spot and hit the road early direction El Questro. The area around Argyle Diamond mine is very nice Posted by Ash-Clauds in Around Australia in 6 months | Sep 22, 2014
- Day 9After 3 days of mandatory rest, I got up early ready for the next leg of the trip. Yesterday I had already tried if the antibiotics had a positieve effect on my stamina, but that was a grave disappointment.
After about Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Sep 22, 2014
- Byron Bay!Today we had the whole day to explore the small, but very popular coastal town of Byron Bay! We started the day off with sea kayaking, which was crazy! Wade and I were in a kayak together, they are a Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 22, 2014
- Surfs Up!Today we started off bright and early with breakfast before heading out on the big yellow surf bus! Before leaving we got fitted with wet suits and rash guards - that water is cold! We drove about a half an Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Sep 22, 2014
- Pemberton, Walpole, Albany and Cape Le GrandPemberton is tall tree country. The massive karri trees are huge and incredibly straight. We took the kids to see the Gloucester Tree. This tree was originally used as a lookout for fires before the days of Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Sep 22, 2014
- Bunbury, Bussleton, Margaret River and surrounds
We spent a couple of days with friend's of Vic's mum who she spent time with at BlazeAid. A huge team of volunteers spent many weeks/months helping out after the Kilmore/Kinglake fires. Staying with Kevin and Rhonda was Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Sep 22, 2014