- Wednesday 19th AugustHad a pretty poor night sleep, it was freezing and not the most comfortable and I think we all slept badly. By the time we got up and sorted out bags, had breakfast and helped take things to the car Posted by CassB in The Larapinta Trail | Sep 12, 2015
- Monday 17th AugustToday was a long day. We left Coober Pedy at 7 and pretty much drove continuously until 3pm when we reached Alice Springs. After first getting petrol as we were running on fumes we drove through town to the north Posted by CassB in The Larapinta Trail | Sep 12, 2015
- Sunday 16th AugustLast night we went to the footy with my uncle, auntie and cousins. It was nice to go for a day out but Its a shame that the atmosphere wasn't better, the crowd was very bias and showed no sportsmanship.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/497356/Adila Posted by CassB in The Larapinta Trail | Sep 12, 2015
- Wave RockWith some time available and decent weather predicted, the destination of Wave Rock was chosen. We effectively had 2 days, 2 nights there, which was just about perfect for us and the kids to enjoy a nice relaxed getaway.
Doing Posted by Goannaray in Exploring with Goannaray | Sep 12, 2015
- Albany, WASadly it was a very wet day in Albany today so we stayed inside for most of the morning. After replenishing our supplies at the local supermarket, we did a bit of touring around Albany. Once the weather cleared, we Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Sep 12, 2015
- AlbanyA very warm morning - mid 20s - as we left Denmark. The forecast was for heavy showers, so we drove through Albany to Little Beach, Two People's Bay Nature Reserve - east of the city. It is reputed Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Sep 12, 2015
- Bit of a Choc Fest
Seems like time is starting to gather pace on our Round the World Trip. We have now been away for seven weeks which is a third of our trip gone already and we have got less than Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 11, 2015
- Happy Campers!Hi to all those who are following this blog.
Apologies that we have not updated our progress for the last week or so - we've been either too busy or without power or internet!
I'll get the kids to update you Posted by flozzy76 in Carving Australia in Half! | Sep 11, 2015
- Day of Ups and Downs
Had a bit of an off day today, which I guess is bound to happen some time. It was sad the leave Port Macquarie as we both liked it there and the apartment was particularly nice. The Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 11, 2015
- Albany, WAAlbany is only about 30km from Betty's Beach so we arrived well before lunch. Here are some photos of the beach as we left:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/581504 Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Sep 11, 2015
- Betty's Beach (30km east of Albany), WAZayney was keen to get going this morning:
We've been seeing beautiful wild flowers along the roadside for quite a bit of our journey and stopped at a rest stop to t Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Sep 11, 2015
- P&O Pacific Pearl Full Ship Tour after 2015 Refit[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dOKXDF0cPk|CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO]] Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Sep 11, 2015
- You pick it, we will cook it...
So this happened. Look at it. It's gross. All gooey and stuff. Is it embedded in your brain yet? Good. Leave it there. We will come back to THAT.
Thursday we stopped at Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Sep 10, 2015
- Pemberton to DenmarkWe left Pemberton quite early and soon arrived in Northcliffe where the suggested wildflower walk was disappointing - the track overgrown and soon impassable due to fallen trees. The karri forests were once again magnificent and we had hoped, Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Sep 10, 2015
They have the coolest farmers market here. It’s a shop, where all the farmers around the region can sell their produce. They have a lot of tastings, cheap prices and fresh stuff! We loved it. Bunbury also has free town Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Sep 9, 2015
We were getting closer and closer to Perth, but hadn’t found place to stay. From what we heard in the news, it’s a dangerous place, something not nice (rape, shooting, killing etc) seems to happen every day, and we wouldn’t Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Sep 9, 2015
- Dongara - Port Denison - Jurien Bay
Back to the coast again. We pretty much drove past of the twin towns (Dongara and Port Denison), as it was Sunday and everything was closed. After Port Denison we found the most perfect little camp spot by the ocean. Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Sep 9, 2015
- The wildflower way
After Geraldton, we spent a night at the Flat Rocks beach campsite, and from there headed a bit inland to see the famous WA wildflowers. We did a tour to Coalseam, Mullewa, Morawa, Mingenew and back to the coast in Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Sep 9, 2015
We continued to drive South. Went past pink lake, which is pink (they say) because of naturally occurring beta-carotene, but there is a factory of the chemical company BASF right by the lake, so you never know… Didn’t feel like Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Sep 9, 2015
- Chat Thai and Churby love Wednesday morning we walked to Paddy's Markets in Haymarket, hoping they would bear some resemblance to Paddington Markets, which sell artisan goods and vintage items but only run on the weekends. No dice. Paddy's Markets is a cruel jest on Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Sep 9, 2015
- Finch Hatton Gorge, Eungella Natioanl Park - QLD
Eungella National Park is the main wilderness area on the central Queensland coast and encompasses some 50,000ha (125,000 acres) of the rugged Clarke Ranges.
[img=http://photos Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Aug 22, 2015
- Simple Pleasures
It was lovely waking up and being able to see the ocean from my bed. By 7am there were already a few people out surfing. This wasn't enough to prise me out of bed however, but watching Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 9, 2015
- The countdown is on...We are wrapping things up at work... Then starts the packing! Posted by Michael_Zoe in Michael and Zoe's Overseas Adventure | Sep 9, 2015
- On the Move Again
We are on the move again today. I have really enjoyed our time in Port Stephens, and loved staying at the Samurai Beach Bungalows which have proved to be a really special Youth Hostel. Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 8, 2015
- Platypus at Eungella National Park - QLD
About a 45min drive north west of finch Hatton Gorge is Eungella National Park, so we went to explore one evening, up this windy road
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/road_up_Eung Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Aug 21, 2015