- Paddleboarding at Collaroy, Northern BeachesI've had lots of firsts on my travels and this was another to add to the list. Well, two actually - my first time paddleboarding and my first jellyfish sting.
My Fre Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Jun 26, 2015
- On the way to Sydney - NSW
Having left Sydney a few weeks before, I was keen to go back for the VIVID Light Festival which lived up to be as amazing as the advertising showed!
Nick was heading that way fro Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | May 26, 2015
- Ready to goBill and Denise arrived tonight ready for our Spanish adventure. Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jun 25, 2015
- Day 19-Alice SpringsDistance 24km
We are now just over half way on our outback adventure. I think living in a small space, although in a great wide open space, is taking its toll. We all needed a day to just stop in one Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 25, 2015
- Vivid Sydney 2015 - Part 4[center][/center]
So for my last ever trip to Vivid Sydney 2015 I went to Martin Place, The Rocks and Walsh Bay.
I was a woman on Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Jun 25, 2015
- Days 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18Thursday June 18 2015
We spent he day at Port Augusta. We went to a local Medical Centre so that Bob could get some help with his very sore neck. The doctor says it's stress related and gave Posted by bobandhiroe2015 in 2015 Trip Around Oz | Jun 25, 2015
- Shells - NSW
The problem with travelling, is you only have so much capacity. If you buy anything, or find anything, you have to carry it with you! Or in my case, send it home. But that's not always Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | May 15, 2015
- DerbyDespite thinking that filling in nearly 5 days here might be tricky, we have managed to do just that quite easily!
The Caravan Park that we chose to stay at (Kimberley Entrance) is well sited for using the bikes - a Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Jun 24, 2015
- Day 18- Alice SpringsDistance 265Km
The coolest weather so far. Last night great for sleeping as it dropped to around 2 degrees and it was a pleasant 17 throughout the day. Today we ventured out of Alice to Hermannsburg. A settlement about 124Km out Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 24, 2015
- Vivid Sydney 2015 - Part 3Verging on the obsessive, I went on my third visit to Vivid Sydney on Tuesday, June 2.
The area is a little out of the way, so I fear a lot of people may have missed it out, but it was Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Jun 24, 2015
- Day 17 Alice SpringsDistance 18km ( what !!!!)
Diesel $1.35/ litre
A slow start, lots of washing to be done, some small things to fix in the van.
We visited the Royal Flying Doctor Service Base in Alice. Rev John Flynn saw the need for Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 24, 2015
- West MacDonnell ranges
The next day we wanted to go to the Mt Sonder lookout, which was supposed to be a 2,5h return walk. We were there after 45min and decided, we should go all the way to the summit of Mt Sonder Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jun 24, 2015
- West MacDonnell ranges
After the festival, we were finally on our way to the MacDonnell ranges. First stop was Simpsons Gap where we had late lunch and walked into the gap a bit. It was getting late and we had quite a bit Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jun 23, 2015
- Alice Springs
As we didn’t find so much info about the walks in the East and West McDonnell ranges, we headed to the information center first. The guy was very helpful and we got a lot of brochures, but still they didn’t Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jun 23, 2015
- Three ways - Tennant Creek and the rest of Stuart Highway
After a while we reached the boarder of Queensland and Northern Territory, and in the end we reached Stuart Highway just to find camping for the night. We stayed the night at a free camp where we met some old Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jun 23, 2015
- Here I go againLife BC (Before Caroline) begins today. She dropped me at the airport, which was very nice, particularly because she's sick.
About to board my AirAsia flight, after an interminable wait at the check-in desk, then a seemingly endless wait for security, Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jun 23, 2015
- OK we are going.... Posted by Sean Loye in Checking out the Pale Blue Dot | Jun 23, 2015
- 3. On the Landsborough HighwayBeyond Charleville, we continue on the Landsborough Highway, still the A2, west and north-west, through the outback towns of Tambo, Blackall, Barcaldine, Ilfracombe, Longreach, and Winton. They are characterised by streets wide enough stretch two rugby fi Posted by Outbackaus in Two Kiwis Go Outback | Jun 23, 2015
- Day 16 Tennant Creek to Alice SpringsDistance 549Km
Diesel $1.99/litre (ouch)
Another long day on the road, so an early start. There is much to see on this long stretch. Our first stop was the Devils Marbles. Much fun was had by all rock hoping, climbing Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 23, 2015
- Vivid Sydney 2015 - Part 2[center][center][/center][/center]
So, on our second excursion out to Vivid Sydney we did Darling Harbour and Pyrmont on another cold Friday night.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/68 Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Jun 22, 2015
- Palm Cove Beautiful ..... Home for 3 days
Posted by WheelsAway in Outback and Beyond 2015 | Jun 22, 2015
- Back to the Original Plan.....Kind Of!We finally managed to find the farmer's market, which was excellent. Bought some lovely fresh vegetables and had breakfast there. We were on the road late morning. Wentworth was only about 35kms from Trentham Cliffs, so got Posted by BazandMaz in Back to the Outback | Jun 22, 2015
- Out & About at Dimaond Beach - NSW
Just along from Diamond Beach is Redhead Beach, a great place for shell hunting
and then there's Nine Mile Beach Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | May 14, 2015
- CardwellLeft Rollingstone this morning but just had to stop for a Cardwell pie whilst admiring Hinchenbrook Island. Great coffee also at the pie shop. They have a great museum for a donation. All round lovely spot .
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/757 Posted by WheelsAway in Outback and Beyond 2015 | Jun 21, 2015
- Day 15 Tennant CreekA much cooler night and day only reaching 21 degrees.
What we needed. After 14 days on the road we needed a slower day. Ian got onto Maui and managed to get information to fix the power issues. It was Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 21, 2015