- Bon voyage nickLast night in geelong for nick. He is off to Dublin tomorrow. In 48 hours he will be sharing a Guinness with Cath and ian in temple bar. I will, in the meantime be trying to organise the children and Posted by Mapstat in Around the world in 42 days | Jun 6, 2015
- The journey beginsWhat a way to celebrate a birthday!
The bags are being packed and this afternoon we head to the airport for our flight to Darwin. It is the red-eye special arriving just after midnight. Five days in Darwin, then for 30 Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 5, 2015
- Destination DarwinDestination Darwin!
We are happy to report that we have reached the destination of our first 'relocation leg' and are enjoying a G&T at the Freespirit Holiday Inn.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/739190/P6040111.jpg caption=Relaxing in Darwin Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jun 4, 2015
- Recent EventsJust to bring this blog up to date as there have been some significant events which I'd like to record before they are forgotten.
Firstly the matter of furniture. You may recall I mentioned that our existing furniture will not Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Jun 4, 2015
- Ryan heads off to Europe I am very excited about leaving on my trip this Saturday! Posted by pesabery2015 in Ryan's Europe Trip | Jun 3, 2015
- London Wednesday 3rd JuneToday was the museum day. Visited Victoria and Albert and Natural Science Museum. The V&A was fabulous and even though Hal was reluctant to go at first he found it as interesting and I did . The Natural Science Museum Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 3, 2015
- London Tuesday 2nd JuneToday was another busy day. We hit the tube and made our way to Big Ben , Parliament House,Churchill's War Rooms, Changing of the Horse Guards, Westminster Abbey and Jewel Tower. All buildings were magnificent and just unbelievably old, We Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 3, 2015
- Everything is Bigger in AmericaThe people, the portions, the egos. I must say that I've seen little to no overly obese people here. Claps for you, Australia. Maybe that's just because I'm in the city?
The portions really are getting me, though. I sound like Posted by ledodge in Australian Adventures | Jun 2, 2015
- Hollaback Farm, Berry - NSW
Berry is an attractive and stylish village 90 miles south of Sydney. Rustic and sophisticated, its surrounded by rich dairy country below the coastal escarpment. It has many histo Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | May 7, 2015
- London Monday 1st June[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/90_F Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | Jun 1, 2015
- Monday 1 June - when is it going to work? I would love to be able to report that all is going well and give glowing reports like so many others, but alas, that's not the case. It is now day 15 and I still feel worse rather than Posted by PioneerSerenity in AIP | Jun 1, 2015
- Spit to Manly Harbour Walk - NSW
If asked to recommend a single day trip outside the city, most Sydneysiders would nominate the 7 mile ferry ride from Circular Quay to Manly. this narrow stretch of land lying between the har Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | May 6, 2015
- Still at Swan ReachA quick catch up. We thought we would stay for a couple of days, now on day 6 we think we may move on tomorrow! Not planning to go far - we have found a lovely sounding free Posted by BazandMaz in Back to the Outback | May 31, 2015
- Brisbane to Mt IsaWe managed to get away on the train to pick up our campervan from the depot near the airport by about 7.30am. We said goodbye to Geraldine on the footpath outside her building. She went one way to work and Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | May 31, 2015
- Poms Down UnderWe weren't planning on coming to Sydney. The original idea had been to fly straight from Chile to South East Asia, but from the minute we were introduced to the possibility of a short visit to Australia, we'd been dreaming Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | May 31, 2015
- Somewhere over the Rainbow in a Place called OzIn the past two days I have probably seen more rainbows then I have in my life! I think I saw maybe 5 or 6 rainbows. What's is even crazier is as an abbreviation for Australia that they often Posted by kmnelsen in My Dreaming Story | May 31, 2015
- Kangaroo Island Day #2After a good night's rest at our accommodation, it was time to get going for day number two on KI. Our group guide took us to Admiral's Arch, a naturally formed arch of rocks on the western side of the Posted by ledodge in Australian Adventures | May 31, 2015
- Tennant Creek to MatarankaThis is me doing the blog at Tennant Creek! (saying - 'Don't take my photo!!')
Leaving Tennant Creek and heading to Mataranka - there is not a lot to see or places to stop - though gradua Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvan | May 30, 2015
- Kangaroo Island Day #1On Friday morning, we got up and were ready to go by 6.30AM. We got on the bus and headed out to Kangaroo Island (KI), which took a bit of driving and a trip on the ferry. Our first stop Posted by ledodge in Australian Adventures | May 30, 2015
- Ingham & Wallaman FallsWe arrived to Ingham and Christophe’s third pair of sandals broke down after only a week of using them… We went to all the shops in town that could be selling sandals, but he didn’t find any (as everyone is Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | May 28, 2015
- Little Crystal Creek, Big Crystal Creek & Jourama falls
After the service we drove North to Little Crystal Creek and had a swim there. The water was pretty cold though. We took some nice pics and were off to Big Crystal Creek where we also stayed the night. Big Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | May 28, 2015
- Charters Towers & Townsville
We drove East towards Charters Towers. The weather was not that good and it was Sunday, so nothing was open. We made a quick visit to the information centre, drove around in town, had lunch in the botanical gardens and Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | May 28, 2015
- Hughenden and the Porcupine gorge
We arrived in Hughenden after a long drive and a lot of nothing. We discovered pretty quickly that there is not much to do or see in Hughenden. We strolled around a bit in the town, had lunch and went Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | May 28, 2015
- Andamooka to Coober Pedy (day 8)
Rain and more rain we woke to rain. Rain on red dirt equals red slush, lucky Darren was onto the weather radar and we packed up the shower tent last night. The decision was made now for us that Posted by AmieDarren in Amie & Darren around Australia 2015 | May 28, 2015
- Crepes, a Canadian, and a possibly drunk AustralianDay 5 (May 26)
Our first day of real classes was today. In our Sustainability class taught by an Australian professor we went over topics regarding Australia's Population. It was actually really interesting to see how Australia has facilitated Posted by kmnelsen in My Dreaming Story | May 28, 2015