- Nov 29 - Last day in SydneyToday was our last day in Sydney and in Australia. ☹️
We took a backstage tour of the Opera House today. The original estimates to build were 3 years and $7 million. Construction began in 1958 and actually took 16 Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 28, 2016
- Nov 28 - Sydney, New South Wales, AustraliaWe are back in Sydney! We disembarked from the cruise ship by 9 AM and headed to the hotel. We are staying within walking distance of the harbour in an area called The Rocks, the oldest part of Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 28, 2016
- Berri, SA to Mildura, VICAfter a few days of sitting around on the green grass of Berri, we decided to move onto Buronga (Mildura) on the Murray. We are camped at our 'usual' campground on the Murray. The water level of the Murray here Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 27, 2016
- The ugly side of traveling: our journey to Western AustraliaWe were in for a big change: leaving the South Pacific headed towards Western Australia. It was approaching midnight when our taxi picked us up and took us to the airport. We had booked the Sunday Nov 6 flight at Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Nov 26, 2016
- Nov 26 & 27 - Tasman SeaFor the past two days, we have been sailing back across the Tasman Sea towards Sydney. Yesterday, the ship was rolling in 15' waves but it wasn't as windy as the initial trip across so the pitching wasn't as rough. Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 26, 2016
- EsperanceEsperance (Pop 15 000)
I’ve always wanted to visit Esperance, but never seemed to be able to fit in into our holidaying schedule when we lived in Perth. Named after a French ship that visited in 1792, Esperance is Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Nov 25, 2016
After The beautiful mountains of the Stirling Range, we were on our way to Esperance, or so we thought. It was further than we felt like doing, so we turned off towards Munglinup Beach.
What a surprise this stop was. Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Nov 25, 2016
- Stirling Range National ParkThe Stirling Range
80 km north of Albany, we stopped for a night in the beautiful Stirling Range National Park , surrounded by huge trees, abundant birdlife and spectacular views of the mountain range (a chilly 8 degrees at night on Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Nov 25, 2016
- Heading south, out of the heatThe camp ground in Coober Pedy is pretty basic, but the wonderful thing it does have, is campsites under shade cloth! This is really important in 40C+ heat!
Since leaving Coober Pedy, we'v Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 24, 2016
- Albany Albany (Pop 34 000)
We camped at Emu Point, right on Emu Beach. It is a lovely park with long winding cycle and walkways along the beaches. So close to the ocean and yet right on the city doorstep. Albany is Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Nov 24, 2016
- Beach, Rain Forest, Great Barrier Reef, and New ZealandSunday, 13 November
Despite having been out late with Shane and Renee the night before, I was up somewhat early (and far early that I had hoped), waking up around 08:00. I had a slight hangover, but nothing too terrible Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Nov 18, 2016
- Blue Mountains Photo Book
This is YHA, Katoomba, or Blue Mountains YHA. This youth hostel is a great place for hikers, backpackers, or families to stay in, and housed my family for quite some time during this pas Posted by cdymock21 in Where the Mountains Glow Blue | Nov 21, 2016
- Kings Canyon, Erldunda (NT), Agnes Creek (SA) to Coober PedyWe remembered to take a photo of our campsite in Kings Canyon Resort - note the canyon in the distance - pretty nice views!
No Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 20, 2016
- Kings Canyon, NTUp at 5am to beat the heat!
The start of the rim walk looked quite daunting ..... it looked like we had to scale vertical rocks to get to the top. In fact once you started climbing, it wasn't so scary, Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 20, 2016
- Driving to Kings Canyon from Uluru, NTIt was a very hot day, over 43C so we enjoyed the air con in the car! The distance is round 270km....
We keep forgetting to take photos of our campsite, and when leaving ..... but this time we remembered:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/58150 Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 20, 2016
- Uluru - Field of LightTonight we did a tour of the Field of Light: this is a piece of artwork by Bruce Munro which has 50,000 individually handcrafted delicate light stems inserted into the ground near Uluru. Over 380km of optical fiber is used Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 20, 2016
- Denmark and Peaceful BayDenmark (Pop 2200) and Peaceful Bay (Pop 360)
12ha of lush caravan park right next to an amazing bay means true peace and relaxation. Using Peaceful Bay as a base, we were able to explore the areas of Walpole, and Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Nov 18, 2016
- QuinninupQuinninup (Pop 370)
What a find Quinninup Caravan Park was! With one campervan 100m from us and surrounded by more than 20 Kangaroos (up to 50 on some days), a couple of Emus (you can hand feed them) and lots of Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Nov 18, 2016
- Australind and BunburyAustralind and Bunbury (Pop 33 000)
Our first stop after leaving Perth was at Australind. This was our last chance to say goodbye to our daughter and to get the van all ready for the next big part of the Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Nov 18, 2016
- We took a break in PerthPerth (Pop 2.04 mil)
After more than threemonths in Perth to catch up with our kids and many friends, it was time to move on.
I won’t elaborate too much on Perth (don’t get me started, I can write a book Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Nov 18, 2016
- BrisbaneMy final stop. I've got a few more hours here before starting the long journey home. Brisbane is a nice little city with a gorgeous river and a lovely chilled vibe and, although not my favourite place, I'm glad I Posted by JustJen in Australia | Nov 17, 2016
- Great to be HomeWe sailed into Sydney well before sunrise and it was almost impossible to find a spot on the rails of the open deck. Everyone wanted a front row position. The use of tablets and large format phones made Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 15, 2016
- Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) Whose idea was it to get up at 430AM?????? They said it'd be worth it to see sunrise at the rock.......
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 15, 2016
- Onto Uluru (Ayers Rock), NTOur drive to Uluru was around 250kms, so we entertained ourselves stopping at various places along the way:
This was one of the le Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 15, 2016
- Cruising up to OrlandoSUNDAY 13th November
What a day.
It started at 3.30am this morning with Patrik making a run for and an extended stay in the Cabins Shower.
Welcome back dinner and everything else he had eaten yesterday.
After what seemed like an eternity and smelled Posted by Croralboo in CRORALBOO | Nov 13, 2016