- BlackallAfter a disappointment last night with cloudy skies only allowing us to see Saturn and Mars, our money was refunded and we were back in time to watch who was sent home from Masterchef.
The road between Charleville and Blackall should Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jun 20, 2014
- Disembarking The Spirit of Tasmania and home. .... 20/6/2014All we had left to do was disembark The Spirit and ride the few Kms to home.
Up at Sparra's, as unloading was due at 6:30am and you HAVE to be ready. An early coffee, packed and then wait for the Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 19, 2014
- Bright to Melbourne ..... 19/6/2014Our last day of our epic tour on the bikes. We would travel from Bright down to Melbourne and catch the Spirit of Tasmania ferry across Bass Straight to Devonport.
No need for an early start as we could not board Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 19, 2014
- In at Innot Hot Springs then Mount Surprise, QLDSo after our stay in Dimbulah, we headed back to the Tablelands area and then down and over to Innot Hot Springs. The scenery was varied on or journey as we went through rainforest-type area, then very green Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jun 19, 2014
- Across the border - Port Augusta
Crossing the Murray
Crossing into SA
Crilson our companion left us today. He shouldn't have teased the fruit and vegetables in Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jun 19, 2014
- CharlevilleTrip from Cunnamulla to Charleville was on possibly the worst road we have experienced so far, successive floods and droughts have done little to the camber of the road surface
Experienced our first ‘we park you’ park, where the staff come Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jun 18, 2014
- A Day in Bright ....... 18/6/2014We're having a relaxing day looking around Bright today. Bright was established when gold was discovered in the Ovens River in the early 1850s. There were a couple of nasty incidents between the European miners and the Chinese. There were Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 18, 2014
- Entry 1 - The first few days...So a few things to start with - I'm not very good at writing stuff like this (give me a report to write at work - no problems....but this???) so forgive me if it's grammatically incorrect, if it is completely Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Jun 18, 2014
- Eucla to BalladoniaAwoke in -2 degrees. Very freezing. On the road early again. Stopped at Cocklebiddy and saw some interesting pots for plants (a drum kit) out the front as well as statues of eagles. After that we were just Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 18, 2014
- And we're off ... Mildura
We received an unexpected phone call at 2.30 yesterday to say the car was finally ready. For those who were following our car saga, it Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jun 18, 2014
- Bondi!! At Last!Well yesterday I finally went to Bondi Beach... It has only taken me two weeks! Which is surprising as this was very high up on my list of things to do over here. Anyway on Tuesday I went through to Posted by barney2186 in Barney's Big Oz Adventure | Jun 17, 2014
- Yass to Bright. ........ 17/6/2014Yass to Bright ....... 17/6/2014
Another day on the bikes and a little closer to home. Forecast was for early drizzle and fog, so we decided on a late start (9:00am) and a transport stage down the Hume Hwy. Breakfast in Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 17, 2014
- BourkeThe day started with sunshine! YES! At last! Did a tour on the PV Jandra down the Darling River. It was a lovely way to start the day. Beautiful to watch the birdlife using the river and Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jun 17, 2014
- Tuesday 3.6.2014In 13 days we will be flying to Byron Bay to meet Papa who will be driving all the way by himself. I hope he doesn't crash our new caravan! Posted by LucasRankin in My Family Trip of Australia | Jun 2, 2014
- Nundroo to EuclaWe are getting much better at packing up, and managing to get on the road around 8.30am most mornings. Today we stopped for quite awhile at Head of Bight to see the whales lolling in the sea and look Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 17, 2014
- Port Augusta to NundrooBig driving day. Kids did knitting, latch hooking and brain teasers (thanks Frasers!). Also travel games (thanks Grandma and Grandpa!) Still not quite on the Nullarbor. For a bit of unclean humour, we passed Iron Knob and Kyancutta (KY Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 17, 2014
- Springwood to Yass ....... 16/6/2014Today we leave our good mates Phil & Karen in Springwood and travel further towards home. [float=right][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/667570/57E24F962219AC6817A8CBD63E032D36.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/667570/thumb_57E24F962219AC68 Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 17, 2014
- Random happenings at Dimbulah, QLDAfter almost constant rain for our stay in Palm Cove, we had a dry last night there and even some sunshine on the morning of departure - typical! We'd stayed to Friday night as they had advertised Palm Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jun 16, 2014
- Sunday ..... 15/6/2014A lay day today. Just chillin' out. Karen cooked B & E muffins for breakfast. Phil & I had another couple of games of pool. The girls went shopping after breakfast.
Ian was troubled by some noise in the front end Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 16, 2014
- Forster/Tuncurry to Springwood (Blue Mtns) ....... 14/7/2014Phil & Karen would lead us on a route to their home in the NSW Blue Mountains. Our departure was set for 9:00am. Phil did a quick run to the shop for breakfast and returned with sausage rolls for everyone. Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 16, 2014
- Slummin' It on The Australian Western CoastAt this point I'll be spending enough time here that I should probably rename the blog "The Red Centre and Great Western Deserts...And A Bunch Of Aimless Meandering Along The South Central Coast".
Day 14: The Wayside Carpark At A Cove
Really, Posted by stevecrow in The Crow Down-Under Again | Jun 16, 2014
It's all getting a tad real now, leaving Australia THIS week!!
The sense of excitement has turned into a great deal of nervousness, similar to that of the time I was standing on a ledge about to bungee jump.
What am Posted by monlivo in Let the Adventure Begin | Jun 15, 2014
- Leaving On A Jet PlaneWell, the day is here. We're at the airport. Ridiculously easy to get through security this morning, didn't even get checked for explosives! That's a first. Just over an Posted by RovingMillions in USA 2014 | Jun 15, 2014
- Ballina to Forster/Tuncurry ........ 13/6/2014The forecast for today was “RAIN”. So we geared up for wet weather and left Ballina. A quick refuel then out of town onto the Pacific Hwy. It would be a transport stage today as Ian & Eileen wanted to Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 15, 2014
- Caloundra to Ballina ....... 12/6/2014We were leaving The Sunshine Coast and Queensland today, skirting around Brisbane and into NSW to Ballina. Not a big distance but a very convoluted route. I was looking forward to today's ride and had high expectations. I wasn't dissappointed. Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 15, 2014