- Across the NullarborLeft Kalgoorlie reasonably early - hoping to cover quite a few kilometres that day. First stop was Norseman for refuelling and coffee. Between Kalgoorlie and Norseman we saw quite a few dry salt lakes:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/DSCN Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Sep 28, 2015
- Tango come rain, hail or shine[center][/center]
[center]That blue sky is deceptive... [/center]
One of the first things I did when I arrived in Sydney was to go shopping.
For warm clothes.
The changeable ear Posted by tangueratravels in Tanguera Travels | Sep 28, 2015
- The Last Few Hours in Oz
Sadly today we were having to leave the Daintree and drive back to Cairns in preparation for our flight to New Zealand tomorrow. We had time for breakfast at the lodge before checking out an Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 28, 2015
- Less than one week to goWell the count down is well and truly underway with less than a week to go until we set of on our Epic Australian road trip. Both bikes are serviced and ready to go. All bags are packed Posted by Ross_Tess in Downunder 3 Race Road Trip | Sep 27, 2015
- Sydney EQ Village marketsThese markets are open every Wednesday & Saturday and are located in the grounds of the old Sydney Show ground in what's now called the The Entertainment Quarter.
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | Sep 27, 2015
- Melbourne weekend - eating and flyingSat and Sunday Sept 26/27:
We spent the weekend with locals, another benefit of not being on an organized tour, and it was great seeing different parts of Melbourne with their help and knowledge.
On Saturday we spent the day with a Posted by Vita and Mel in Australia | Sep 27, 2015
- Things Wild and Wonderful
Having spent yesterday exploring the Daintree south of where we were staying, today we had decided to go north. The tarmac road ends shortly after Cape Tribulation so we drove there a Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 27, 2015
- Fraser Range Station, Fraser Ranges, WAIt was a pretty easy 250km drive to Fraser Range Station today. We stayed here about 4 weeks ago on the way over. It's our last powered and water camp ground for a few days as we cross the Nullabor. Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Sep 27, 2015
- Norseman - Coolgardie - KalgoorlieLeft the turquoise waters of Esperance and headed for Norseman - the fields of grain eventually finished - being replaced by woodlands. We had a brief stop in Norseman - checking out their street sculptures. Norseman is a Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Sep 27, 2015
- Kalgoorlie, WAHappy birthday to Linda and happy birthday to Janey!
Today was a rest day/tourist day. It was very hot so we moved slowly .... And Zayney stayed in the air conditioned caravan while we did the touristy things!
First stop was the Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Sep 26, 2015
- Fitzgerald national park - Ravenstorp
Maybe it was a mistake to go here, because the roads were so corrugated (we might have caused some damage to the car, again…). We didn’t want to turn back either, so we went. The scenery was picture perfect: white Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Sep 26, 2015
- Porongurup and Stirling national parks
Porongurup national park is pretty small, they only had a couple of walks (or climbs). The first one was a very nice lookout on top of a granite boulder. You could see all the way to the sea and to Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Sep 26, 2015
We had breakfast at the beach, drove to the ANZAC centre and to the memorial. Then we did some lookouts to the King George Sound and then to the visitor information centre. After that we walked around town (pretty dead Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Sep 26, 2015
- The beginning. The Train Station! Posted by Tom.cassidy231 in UK And Europe 2015 | Sep 26, 2015
- Whitsundays diving - QLD
Nestled in the heart of the Great Barrier reef, dotted with 74 tropical islands set amongst the azure waters of the Coral Sea is one of Australia's premier holiday destinations.
Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Aug 2, 2015
- I Finke it was the best place ever ...Perhaps the most relaxing night of our trip was spent at the[center][/center] Finke Two-Mile – a beautiful free-camp next to the Finke River. We pulled up on the ‘beach’ near the river – we all swam and admired that section Posted by flozzy76 in Carving Australia in Half! | Sep 25, 2015
- Kalgoorlie, WAWe actually left around 10am (pretty early for us) and arrived in Kalgoorlie before lunch.
After setting up camp, we left Zayney in the van as it was way too hot (about 33C) for her to wait in the car while Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Sep 25, 2015
- The Wet Tropics
We had arranged to do a twilight tour on the Daintree River and wanted to use the rest of the day to explore the rainforest from our accommodation southwards towards the river. Daylig Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 25, 2015
- Boondi Rock, WAWe planned to drive onto Kalgoorlie today, but found a nice little camping spot called Boondi Rock. It was 3 km off the highway, along a very corrugated dirt road but was worth the drive (apart from the flies and Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Sep 25, 2015
- Kuranda and the Daintreee
We are on the move again but a days worth of activities on the Kuranda Railway and Skytrain have been booked before we need to think about making the two hour drive up to the Daintree Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 25, 2015
- Great Ocean Road - Sept 25Friday Sept 25/15
Today we took an all day bus tour of the Great Ocean Road, heading west from Melbourne. We were on a tour with 22 other people guided by Nicky, formerly a kiwi but living and working in Australia Posted by Vita and Mel in Australia | Sep 25, 2015
- Kellerberrin, WAWe wondered what the trip via Perth to the Great Eastern Highway would be like, but it was a breeze! Our lovely GPS guided us around Perth along freeways and highways without much traffic at all!
We are now heading east, Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Sep 25, 2015
- Tango at the Top End[center][/center]
"This is number 13," the taxi driver insisted as I stared dubiously at the building from which no light was emerging.
He very kindly agreed to wait while I went to invest Posted by tangueratravels in Tanguera Travels | Sep 24, 2015
- The Big One - a day on the GBR
Today was going to be one of the big days of our trip as we had booked to go snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. We had booked the trip with a company recommended by Cheryl Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 24, 2015
- Water, Water Everywhere
We decided to have a relaxing day in the resort, a chance to just chill out and go swimming. Rather than rushing off to breakfast we went a little later than usual and then made our Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 24, 2015