- Richmond to Julia CreekJulia Creek (pop 400):
We left reluctantly after breakfast considering the small town of Nelia (pop 10) for a farm stay (Corella Creek Country Farm Stay). We were disappointed that they had no joeys (baby kangeroos) to feed at the moment, Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Apr 22, 2016
- Days 159 & 160 - Mount Remarkable and Port AugustaAprès un ultime passage à la casse et un ré-alignement des roues dans la banlieue nord d'Adelaide, nous prenons la direction du nord. Premier arrêt à Mount Remarkable, dans la commune de Melrose.
Vue depuis la route :
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Apr 22, 2016
- Turning for homeAfter a wonderful five days and four nights on Kangaroo Island we packed up the car and headed back to Penneshaw to catch the 10:30am Ferry to Cape Jervis.
It was a very smooth trip and I spend a good part Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 21, 2016
- Taking the scenic route from Adelaide to MelbourneMy Aussie adventure continued with a trip to Adelaide where I met my friend Carly at the airport. We hadn't seen each other since August so it was really great to catch up.
We spent our only full day there in Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 10We said goodbye to Melbourne at about 9 O'Clock in the morning after we had stopped at Woolworths to pick up some snacks for the drive.
Once we left Melbourne there was put much for us to see. We drove Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 9I wanted to walk through more of the city centre, so for breakfast we went to a place called Degraves Lane. It's this tiny lane filled LOTS of cafes and cool graffiti art work and it's right in the middle Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 8The first thing that surprised me about Melbourne was how cold it was! We had been swimming and wearing shorts and t-shirts when we were on the South Coast and now we had to wear big jackets and jeans!
In the Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 7In the morning we began to pack up our campsite. We had to be ready to leave by about 10 O'Clock because it was going to take us 6 hours to drive to Melbourne. As we were packing up, a Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 6We went for a walk in the bush around our campsite. We saw lots of signs of animal life, like wombat burrows and paw prints. At one point we were walking through the bush and heard this loud noise next Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 5 We watched the sun rise over the Tathra beach. It was beautiful.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 4The following morning we watched the sunrise on the rocky outcrop. Then we played some frisbee. I'm still learning how to throw s frisbee properly, often when I throw it the frisbee never quite makes it where I want it Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 3We awoke early to watch the sunrise over Mollymook beach then we jumped in our car and headed to a beach called Termeils Beach. My friends went for a surf while I searched for more shells. A local told me Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Pelican ParadeIf you are tired of seeing Pelican photographs then I'm sorry but there is something about these wonderful birds which is irresistible.
The sunset at Reeves Point was less spectacular this evening but the Pelicans and other birds made up for Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 19, 2016
- Cape WilloughbyToday we headed off to the third of Kangaroo Island's Lighthouses at Cape Willoughby.
Before we got there we had the great pleasure of seeing a Rosenberg’s Goanna on the road. He/she was very cooperative posing for photos for a time Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 19, 2016
One of the many pubs in Kalgoorlie.
A view from the top of the Kalgoorlie Museum looking towards the Superpit.
[img=http:// Posted by cbtraveller in Heading West | Apr 19, 2016
Drove through Coolgardie on the way to Kalgoorlie. Some interesting old buildings but not much else. Posted by cbtraveller in Heading West | Apr 19, 2016
- Winton to HughendenHughenden (pop 1180):
The road to Hughenden was the toughest drive so far. The first bit of road was so narrow (single lane driving), that we once had to pull over when a road train came from the front. It was Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Apr 19, 2016
- Longreach to WintonWinton (pop 950):
The road between Longreach and Winton made us very aware of the 5 year drought Longreach is going through (we did see 30 Emus along the paddocks - tough birds). The contrast between the 100km radius around Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Apr 19, 2016
- StrahanWe left Queenstown heading for Strahan travelling along another 30 kilometres of winding roads, but nothing like coming into Queenstown.
We decided to camp at Macquarie heads which is about 15 kilometres from Strahan along a dirt road. The camp was Posted by Pipandpop in Doug & Chris On The Road | Apr 18, 2016
- Esperance and beyondEsperance was a beautiful spot - coastline is a pretty picture and the water is a beautiful aqua-ish blue. The sand is pure white and there are plenty of rocks to climb. Caravan Park was inundated with white tail Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Apr 19, 2016
- The weekendOn Saturday, we had a much needed lie in after a rather stressful week. We then decided to go to High Point, which is one of Australia's biggest shopping centres. High Point is about a 4 minute drive from our Posted by BenAnna in South East Asia and Australia | Apr 18, 2016
- Trip 17 Easter 2016Trip 17
We left late (about 11am) on Good Friday and headed West with no traffic on the Warrego highway , we stopped for lunch at the Helidon rest area then continued on to Chinchilla then turned off for Condamine to Posted by Rontatts in SIDETRACKED | Apr 18, 2016
- Another beautiful evening in KingscoteAfter a lovely afternoon at Seal Bay we came back to our base in Kingscote. Our favourite Seal was still down by the jetty and happy to pose for us along with one of the many Pelicans which frequent these Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 18, 2016
- Seal BayAnother mild day on Kangaroo Island with cloudy skies. The weather has been perfect for our holiday and whilst we packed for cooler weather we ended up in shorts and T-Shirts for our morning walk into Kingscote.
After about 5kms into Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 18, 2016
- Days 157 & 158 - Barossa ValleyLa spécialité du coin, c’est la fameuse route des vins et les dégustations qui vont avec. Et les locaux ont tout prévu : il y a des pistes cyclables partout pour permettre aux visiteurs d’en profiter pleinement.
Nous commençons la journée, Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Apr 17, 2016