- Days 16-19: Kangaroo Island (during the cyclone)Not many words for this post, just many pictures.
As I said earlier it was a wild storm on KI. We arrived Saturday and the ferry was cancelled until the following Wednesday. We always planned to leave Thursday but many were Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 13, 2016
- Ayers Rock - Day 8I set the alarm clock for 4am to take the pictures of the stars. Rohan wanted to come with me but decided against it when I told him it would be colder than when we went up in the Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 17, 2016
- Ayers Rock - Day 7
Sunrise behind the canyon was a little disappointing as we were so far away so Rohan and I came back to the room fairly quickly - it was very cold too! It was still quite e Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 17, 2016
- The OutbackAfter Lawn Hill we drove through outback Queensland to Longreach, through Cloncurry and WInton. We stopped at Walkabout Creek Hotel and had lunch with crocodile Dundee.
We camped in the Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jul 17, 2016
- Part 3: Driving to Brisbane
We picked up or car at East Coast Car Rentals in Sydney. Great folks that were very helpful in getting us all set up. Also had the best price for a one way rental! Our vehicle Posted by WaghVenture16 in Summer Adventure 2016 | Jul 16, 2016
- Part 2: SydneyWe arrived in Sydney, Australia and after checking into the hotel we started to walk around in the Old Sydney area (also called The Rocks). 1/2 a block from our hotel we had an amazing view of the Sydney Posted by WaghVenture16 in Summer Adventure 2016 | Jul 16, 2016
- Exmouth and Ningaloo ReefExmouth (pop 2400 swelling to 6000 in peak season)
What a difference 10 years makes! That’s how long ago it was when we last visited this town. Back then is was depressing place with a seemingly ambitious marina under construction. Today Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jul 16, 2016
- Charters Towers We had been told by several people that Charters Towers was well worth a visit and we thoroughly enjoyed our 3 days there. A charming town - it's main industry is now education - though from the 1870s Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Jul 16, 2016
- Yowah to Barcaldine
Day 16. July 11.
Leaving Yowah at 9.00 am we drove to the junction of the Thargominda/Toompine Rd where we had morning tea and collected a heap of firewood for c Posted by Bobnhiroe in The Darling River Run 2016 | Jul 15, 2016
- Day 15: Kangaroo Island (before the cyclone)Having packed the car the night before, we were able to leave before the sunrise in order to make the Kangaroo Island ferry at Cape Jervis by 8:30am. Knowing that this crossing could be quite rough we took onboard as Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 9, 2016
- En route to Port HedlandWe put in a big days drive (for us) on leaving Bullara Station. Such a varied landscape. Spinafex covered sand dunes opening out to flat grasslands, then back to shrubby/stoney dry creeks with a tinge of green and on Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Jul 14, 2016
- Bullara Station stayHey, did you see the extra photos we recently uploaded? A bit mismatched to our blog but we're working on that! 😊
From Coral Bay, we had to get on the move towards Port Hedland for a 6 week Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Jul 14, 2016
- Kings Canyon - Day 6
A very early rise for us this morning - 4.30am to get ready for a pickup at reception, for today we are having our very first hot air balloon ride. The hotel provided us w Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 14, 2016
- Alice Springs - Day 5
We easily woke up before out alarms kicked in for 5.30am this morning and after taking turns in the bathroom we packed our things and headed down for breakfast. Breakfast w Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 14, 2016
- Bullara Station stay was greatYannarie River free camping and Bullara Station stay
We passed through Paraburdoo just to catch up on some grocery shopping. It is a pretty town with clear indications (as is the case with most mining towns) of the local mine (Rio Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jul 14, 2016
- Ayr to RavenswoodWe left Bowen and our first stop was Home Hill - only to stop at the Visitor Information Centre before going over the engineering feat bridge spanning the Burdekin to Ayr.
We had Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Jul 13, 2016
- Day 2After the horrendously windy night, we packed up and prepared to make our way into the Flinders Ranges. To get there we came across a few cute little towns. To get to Murray Town we went through Germein Gorge. It Posted by BelindaS in All Aussie Adventures | Jul 13, 2016
- 12 Apostles - Day 4
We were up at 4am today but being winter it was still pitch dark until 7.30am and the hailstones continued to batter the roof and windows all morning. We were getting quit Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 13, 2016
- Great Ocean Road - Day 3
The kids really felt the jet lag this morning as they were up at 4am! Told them to go back to sleep but the basically entertained themselves on their phones/ipods until we woke up Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 13, 2016
- Melbourne - Day 2
Our changeover from Singapore to Virgin Australia was very smooth. Whilst we did have to collect and re-check-in our luggage we did not have to go very far at all (just past boar Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 13, 2016
- Australia Trip 2016 - Day 1
It’s day one of the Jagpal’s Australia blog - for those that followed last year’s China blog I hope this will be just as informative and keeps you abreast of our travels. Thi Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 13, 2016
- Day 28Up and left the van park by 6am. Quick stop for coffee ans breaky at the bakery before leaving town.
On the way out of town we stopped for the usual sunrise photos haha.
30km out of town i Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 13, 2016
- Day 27Another long day of driving today,695 km and 7 hours 15 minutes.
Had a few stops along the way to check out the little and not so little towns we passed through.
First up Longreach.
Longreach was the home of Qantas , Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 13, 2016
- Before I goSo, I've booked the safari, the flights, had the vaccinations and bought the anti-malaria medication. I've bought a 65 litre backpack, and borrowed a compact sleeping bag and silk liner. I'v Posted by chrispix64 in Ceebee goes to Africa | Jul 12, 2016
- Australian CuriositiesOver the 7 weeks we were in Australia there were a few kooky things we picked up on that we found interesting and/or a little odd. Here are some of our favourites.
* Proliferation of road signs.
For whatever reason, Posted by advensha in Advensha | Jul 11, 2016