- Flinders Ranges, Road Trip Madness and Turning 29So far my travels in the outback have not really gone to plan...
My plan was to collect the car and drive in a big loop around the southern outback. I would make my way up to Flinders Ranges, William Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | May 18, 2016
- AdelaideVivienne, a lady in my dorm who had arrived the same time as me, was leaving this morning. We had chatted quite a bit over the days, been out for Chinese together and I absolutely loved her!! She was 63 Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | May 18, 2016
- Turns out Kangaroo Island DOES have Kangaroos!!So after a lovely chilled out day, I was up bright and early to catch the coach to Kangeroo Island. Well I say bright and early, it was so early it was still dark!! There should only be one 4.30 Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | May 18, 2016
- Swimming with whale sharksSwimming with whale sharks had been a dream since we first found out it was possible, years ago and it was one of the things we most wanted to do whilst in Australia. Doing it today was so special we Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | May 18, 2016
- Exploring gorges at Karinjini National ParkIt was a long boring drive from Broome, towards Port Headland and we stayed over night just before port headland in a rest area in the middle of nowhere. From here the next day we then headed inland towards Karinjini Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | May 18, 2016
- Days 169 to 172: UluruEncore de la route, beaucoup de route avant d’arriver à notre destination finale, Yulara, le complexe hôtelier-commercial à côté d’Uluru.
La frontière entre l'état de South Australia et le Northern Territory :
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | May 16, 2016
- 'Melbs'So we are learning the local Australian slang... Melbs is short for Melbourne believe it or not! They also call chavs Bogans and Maccies Maccas, it's all very confusing!
So last week Anna had a trial at a cafe called Supagrind. Posted by BenAnna in South East Asia and Australia | May 16, 2016
- Blackwood RiverAfter a great night sleep in amongst this huge forrest on the banks of the river we ventured into Margaret River via Alexandra Bridge camp area. Another beautiful spot but they wanted even more per night than Sue's Bridge. Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | May 16, 2016
- Back to the South WestWe headed down from Perth and stayed a couple of nights at Ironstone Gully. Just a roadside stop but off a quiet road and we had someone to look after the camp while we went exploring Busselton. Walked Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | May 16, 2016
- On Our WayWe finally got packed, Rick graciously dropped us at the airport and started on our 110 day travels. Great relief to get on the plane and just shut off home life, well for a little while, and just enjoy each Posted by jkerkin in Continental Drift | May 16, 2016
- D DAYSo excited that our departure day is finally here.
We depart Brisbane, via Air New Zealand at 12.20pm today arriving at 12.30 pm 17/5/2016 at LAX. Early start but have to try to beat that dreaded Brisbane traffic Posted by WanderingtheUSA in Burkes Road Trip | May 16, 2016
- DarwinDarwin (pop 129 000)
The capital of the Northern Territory, and our first real city since Toowoomba. We've now done 6000km since starting.
This is a quaint city. Tropical, pretty and interesting. Not very big, but spacious, and has a nice fee Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | May 16, 2016
- The trip to Brisbane
Our trip really started after we left Netball on Saturday morning. We had a short stop in Wollongong and managed to time it to see a group of parachutes land in the park. A big thank you to Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | May 15, 2016
- Pre-Flight Jitters!Ok everyone, our first blog. We have shut down from work, house just about ready and its pack the bag time, Could be a late night but just looking forward to getting on the plane. Lots of pressure Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 14, 2016
- Days 167 to 168: Coober PedyDernière journée sur l’Oodnadatta track avant le retour à la civilisation et l’autoroute, direction Coober Pedy. La route est essentiellement en gravier et se pratique facilement. Arrivés à Coober Pedy, on regonfle les pneus pour la route goudronnée (nous Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | May 13, 2016
- Days 164 to 166: Oodnadatta trackNotre périple sur 3 jours :
La ville de Marree est une petite commune d'une centaine d'habitants. Evidemment, ici, tout le monde se connait. Il y a une épicerie, une station service Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | May 13, 2016
- Hayes Creek to Litchfield National ParkLitchfield National Park
Batchelor is a small town that reminds one of the Atherton Tablelands inland from Cairns. It has now become obvious that we’re in the tropics. Not only did we experience a torrential downpour in the park (see ding Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | May 12, 2016
- Living South America ==ASIA== I'm on my way to Asia to visit India I wanted to take a straight flight to it but apparently I have to take a flight from Chile to Australia in about $1,448 the time of the flight is Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 12, 2016
- Sunsets in BroomeTo us Broome was one of those faraway exotic places you always wished you could go. Camels on the beach, dusty, rough and ready with stunning beauty on the Indian Ocean and it didn't disappoint. We already knew Broome was Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | May 11, 2016
- Northern Territory to WAWe had to come back down the Northern Territory the same way we went up in order to make it over the border and into WA. We decided to break the journey up by stopping at Katherine. Katherine is famous Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | May 11, 2016
- Planes, Trains & Shuttles (just for your Chris)So the last few days have passed in a blur of transport and hostels.
The 7th was the last day of my whistle stop tour of Tasmania. I drove down to Hobart in the morning and spent the afternoon doing Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | May 11, 2016
- Test Blok13 May gggghhhhhkkkklll Posted by stitts trip in ZAR | May 11, 2016
- Edith Falls to Hayes CreekHayes Creek
After Edith Falls in Nitmiluk National Park we went to Hays Creek. We passed through Pine Creek (transport hub in 1870 gold rush and WWII). There we saw a disused mine pit they filled with 6800 mega litres. Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | May 11, 2016
- Death by Wineglass Bay I dragged myself out of my princess bed nice and early and got back into the car again.
The morning was gorgeous, so after a quick stop in Coles Bay for supplies, I made my way into Freycinet National Park to Posted by Emma.Hollyman in So Mum doesn't think I'm dead in a ditch | May 10, 2016
- Mataranka via Katherine to Edith FallsKatherine (pop 11 000)
The plan wasn’t to stay in Katherine for long as we’re doing a month long circle (up to Darwin and down through Kakadu) before staying here for a week (to explore some of the 13 gorges). We Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | May 9, 2016