- KooljamanSlept well, although Alison woke up in the night and was very disoriented as it was so dark! I don't think she has ever seen it so dark! Luckily she was sleeping with me in the double bed, Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 26, 2014
- KooljamanWe managed to wangle a late check out as we were only moving from the tent to a cabin and we wanted to go on the "Bush Tucker Tour". Bundy was our guide, a portly 51yo local Elder. Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 26, 2014
- Bourke, NSW While we love Billabourie, we decided it was time to keep traveling north. We arrived at Bourke late in the arvo after stopping for lunch on the way to Cobar and then refuelling at Cobar.
Here is Zanyey at our lunch Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Jul 26, 2014
- 15: Famous mines and Overland Telegraph[img=http Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 26, 2014
- 14: Cloncurry and Flynn of the Inland[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/68973 Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 25, 2014
- KooljamanWe had a huge, slap up cooked breakfast, trying to eat up all the food we carried so we didn't have to move so much! I sat and watched the birds on the grass. I wish I knew Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 25, 2014
- LombadinaAlison is not sleeping so well - it's too quiet! I love Lombadina! It's very pretty, lots of grass, trees and open spaces. And some friendly dogs too.
We booked in to Lombadina for 2 nights, and 2 Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 25, 2014
- The Trip of a LifetimeHello everyone, As you all know Pete and I are the support crew for Mark and Paul Murdoch's epic adventure. Jen and Tanya will join them for the cycle and Kokoda legs, Mark Hickey for the kayak leg Posted by hilary1501 in Hil and Pete, Cooktown to Cape York | Jul 25, 2014
- Broome to Cape LevequeWe had an early start as we had to check the caravan into its motel by 8.30am. Then we did a bit of shopping, filled up with gas and topped up Pete's caffeine levels before heading north.
We had a Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 25, 2014
- The Kimberley - El Questro to DerbyMaybe we’ve been spoilt with the sights we’ve seen to date but El Questro didn’t rock our world (get it, did you get it??). We visited some hot springs which we all enjoyed early in the morning but it Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jul 24, 2014
- Billabourie, Hillston, NSWWe love it here so have decided to stay 3 nights. The weather is sunny with no wind and around 20C. We spend our days reading, going on beautiful walks and having camp fires at night. The stars are spectacular, Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Jul 24, 2014
- 13: Sunset over the sea[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/689733/large_DSCF3695.jpg caption=S Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 24, 2014
- Geike Gorge, Fitzroy Crossing to DerbyFitzroy Crossing has left us feeling more positive about the Indigenous population in this part of Western Australia. Here there have been positive steps to control the sale and distribution of alcohol and many town camps which have strict Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 24, 2014
- Just doing a testHi there,
This is Rachel posting and writing up a quick post.
Our holiday is coming up quickly now and we're all getting quite excited. I'm really looking forward to being back in London and seeing the family and Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Jul 24, 2014
- Blog 6. Southern Northern Territory – Uluru & Kata Tjuta Route: Stuarts Well Station – Uluru, Ayers Rock Resort Campground (4 nights) – Alice Springs (Blatherskite Showgrounds) (2 nights) – Ormiston Gorge (West MacDonnell Ranges National Park) (2 nights)
Stuarts Well Station had a lot of character a Posted by Rambla in The Big Lap 2014/15 | Jul 23, 2014
- Day 5 of our Caravaning holiday to Western AustraliaBrrr! That was a really cold night, only 3° and a white frost in the morning. I slept with a beanie on and still was cold!
Well, at least a frost meant a nice sunny day Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Jul 23, 2014
- Day 4 of our Caravaning holiday to Western AustraliaWilcannia Caravan Park needed its facilities upgraded to make it a really good park. It was nice and quiet here, so the noise from the Semi-trailers didn't bother us. First up, it was to fill the car with Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Jul 23, 2014
- Day 3 of our Caravaning holiday to Western AustraliaWe had a good night at the Brewarrina Caravan Park. First thing, I rode my pushbike around the town, easy riding as it was all flat going! It had rained a little overnight, so when we reached Bourke Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Jul 23, 2014
- Tocumwal to Billabourie, NSWIt was a cold night last night in Tocumwal: around -2C, but we kept our fan heater on all night so it was quite cosy in the van.
We had a very relaxed start to the day, and left Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Jul 23, 2014
- Home at lastWe arrived home to Australia safely and on time on Monday, met Dad in Sydney and then drove home. It was very reassuring to be in Australian air space and while tempting to take the offer by QANTAS to Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jul 22, 2014
- Kununurra to Fitzroy CrossingNo entry last night dear readers as I could not contain myself and the excitement of staying overnight in Halls Creek. We had heard various descriptions of the place, from ‘dangerous, unsafe’ to ‘wonderful, we stayed a week’. Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 22, 2014
- Tocumwal, NSW We left home around 11am .....
Zayney was most concerned until we put her seatbelt on and she ran down the driveway to the car.
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Jul 22, 2014
- So long Sydney.....Hello Cairns!!!Well on Saturday the day finally came for me to move out of Sydney and The Jolly Swagman, and head upto Cairns in the pursuit of much craved (got to do) farm work to secure a second working holiday visa. Posted by barney2186 in Barney's Big Oz Adventure | Jul 22, 2014
- 12: Overpriced caving[img=http://photos.travell Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 22, 2014
- Gregory Downs & Adels Grove, QLDOne of our longest journeys in one day so far. Before we set off we picked up some last minute fresh bits at the Karumba supermarket – a bargain at $11.45 for two litres of milk and a dozen Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jul 22, 2014