- We are friends! - UluruOn Sunday morning we left Coober Pedy and went to the Northern Territory. It was a long drive to the Northern Territory but we eventually got there. Where we are staying the sand is so different to ours Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jun 23, 2014
- Sydney – Touristisches und AbschiedWellen aus Enttäuschung und erleichternder Befreiung vereinigen sich und versetzen mich in einen Zustand in dem ich mich leicht schwebend durch die Straßen schleppe. Ich habe fest gemacht, liege auf Grund und schaue über die nahen und fernen Ereignisse.
Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | Jun 22, 2014
- Rocky Creek Scout CampThis has to be one of our shortest trips ever..... just 17 minutes after hitching up we landed in this heavenly camp in the Beerwah forest. We are so happy we could stay here for another week, another Posted by Crazy Poupes in Second Time Around! | Jun 22, 2014
- Heading underground - Coober PedyToday was our first day of staying put. We went on a guided tour that took us to see the inside of the underground Serbian Orthodox Church (the carvings were amazing), an old opal mine and underground home. Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jun 22, 2014
- Blackall to LongreachLong flat road with lots of road kill- roos, pigs, feral cats etc. Hundreds of them that have lost the fight with road trains.
Barcaldine is a very pretty town, extremely well presented and interesting to poke around in. For Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jun 22, 2014
- AlbanySaw a stunning sunrise walking along Middleton Beach. It is a beach like I remember beaches when I was young, with lots of shells! We drove up Mt Clarence to check out the ANZAC memorial and the Desert Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 21, 2014
- Croydon, QLDThe next place we all want to visit is Karumba, which is on the coast the other side of Cape York. It's too far to go in one day, so we needed to split the journey. Pete and Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jun 21, 2014
- Main Group's ItineraryItinerary Specially Prepared for LANE COVE JUNIOR RUGBY 2014
Weather: June/July is winter weather, which means it can be very cold.
Temperatures range from minus degrees in the mornings to 14 degrees during the
day (on a good da Posted by lcjru2014 in Lane Cove Under 14 NZ Tour 2014 | Jun 21, 2014
- Test2Testing 2
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/685690/5E47BA5722 Posted by KarenandHerc in Travelling West | Jun 20, 2014
- Test[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/685690/[img=http://photos.tra Posted by KarenandHerc in Travelling West | Jun 20, 2014
- There And Back AgainSo how will it all end?
Will it be the Newhart ending, where I wake up and realize I've actually never been to Australia, and tell my wife I just had the strangest dream, full of isolated rutted roads, juicy Kangaroo Posted by stevecrow in The Crow Down-Under Again | Jun 20, 2014
- Esperance to AlbanyOn the road again after our first 2 night stop over. Spent nearly all day on the road. Stopped for coffee in Ravensthorpe. Had a picnic lunch in the car. Had to re-fuel in Ravensthorpe and Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 20, 2014
- EsperanceHad pancakes for breakfast and could actually sit outside for the first time! Did domestics, dishes and laundry that had been on hold across the waterless nullarbor, than headed to Cape Le Grande. We discovered Stonehenge on the way Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 20, 2014
- Balladonia to EsperanceWoke to a warmer morning. Had lunch in Norseman. Saw huge trucks on huge trucks there, probably destined for the mines. Arrived in Esperance mid-afternoon. After setting up camp we went exploring the foreshore and then bought some much Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 20, 2014
- Heading North - Coober PedyOur first stop today was Woomera which looks like a bit of a ghost town compared to what it would have been in its hey day. There were lots of great outdoor displays of rockets and old aircraft although Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jun 20, 2014
- BlackallAfter a disappointment last night with cloudy skies only allowing us to see Saturn and Mars, our money was refunded and we were back in time to watch who was sent home from Masterchef.
The road between Charleville and Blackall should Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jun 20, 2014
- Disembarking The Spirit of Tasmania and home. .... 20/6/2014All we had left to do was disembark The Spirit and ride the few Kms to home.
Up at Sparra's, as unloading was due at 6:30am and you HAVE to be ready. An early coffee, packed and then wait for the Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 19, 2014
- Bright to Melbourne ..... 19/6/2014Our last day of our epic tour on the bikes. We would travel from Bright down to Melbourne and catch the Spirit of Tasmania ferry across Bass Straight to Devonport.
No need for an early start as we could not board Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 19, 2014
- In at Innot Hot Springs then Mount Surprise, QLDSo after our stay in Dimbulah, we headed back to the Tablelands area and then down and over to Innot Hot Springs. The scenery was varied on or journey as we went through rainforest-type area, then very green Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jun 19, 2014
- Across the border - Port Augusta
Crossing the Murray
Crossing into SA
Crilson our companion left us today. He shouldn't have teased the fruit and vegetables in Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jun 19, 2014
- CharlevilleTrip from Cunnamulla to Charleville was on possibly the worst road we have experienced so far, successive floods and droughts have done little to the camber of the road surface
Experienced our first ‘we park you’ park, where the staff come Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jun 18, 2014
- A Day in Bright ....... 18/6/2014We're having a relaxing day looking around Bright today. Bright was established when gold was discovered in the Ovens River in the early 1850s. There were a couple of nasty incidents between the European miners and the Chinese. There were Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 18, 2014
- Entry 1 - The first few days...So a few things to start with - I'm not very good at writing stuff like this (give me a report to write at work - no problems....but this???) so forgive me if it's grammatically incorrect, if it is completely Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Jun 18, 2014
- Eucla to BalladoniaAwoke in -2 degrees. Very freezing. On the road early again. Stopped at Cocklebiddy and saw some interesting pots for plants (a drum kit) out the front as well as statues of eagles. After that we were just Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 18, 2014
- And we're off ... Mildura
We received an unexpected phone call at 2.30 yesterday to say the car was finally ready. For those who were following our car saga, it Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jun 18, 2014