- QuinninupQuinninup (Pop 370)
What a find Quinninup Caravan Park was! With one campervan 100m from us and surrounded by more than 20 Kangaroos (up to 50 on some days), a couple of Emus (you can hand feed them) and lots of Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Nov 18, 2016
- Australind and BunburyAustralind and Bunbury (Pop 33 000)
Our first stop after leaving Perth was at Australind. This was our last chance to say goodbye to our daughter and to get the van all ready for the next big part of the Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Nov 18, 2016
- We took a break in PerthPerth (Pop 2.04 mil)
After more than threemonths in Perth to catch up with our kids and many friends, it was time to move on.
I won’t elaborate too much on Perth (don’t get me started, I can write a book Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Nov 18, 2016
- BrisbaneMy final stop. I've got a few more hours here before starting the long journey home. Brisbane is a nice little city with a gorgeous river and a lovely chilled vibe and, although not my favourite place, I'm glad I Posted by JustJen in Australia | Nov 17, 2016
- Great to be HomeWe sailed into Sydney well before sunrise and it was almost impossible to find a spot on the rails of the open deck. Everyone wanted a front row position. The use of tablets and large format phones made Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 15, 2016
- Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) Whose idea was it to get up at 430AM?????? They said it'd be worth it to see sunrise at the rock.......
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 15, 2016
- Onto Uluru (Ayers Rock), NTOur drive to Uluru was around 250kms, so we entertained ourselves stopping at various places along the way:
This was one of the le Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 15, 2016
- Cruising up to OrlandoSUNDAY 13th November
What a day.
It started at 3.30am this morning with Patrik making a run for and an extended stay in the Cabins Shower.
Welcome back dinner and everything else he had eaten yesterday.
After what seemed like an eternity and smelled Posted by Croralboo in CRORALBOO | Nov 13, 2016
- Sydney & Melbourne PartyingWednesday, 9 November
Election Day in the USA
Today dawned with such hope and promise… the presidential election had finally arrived. Happily, I had voted while I was in Scotland back in September; as a Hillary supporter, I was Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Nov 15, 2016
- Nov 15 - Leaving Sydney for New Zealand We left our hotel at noon but will be returning to Sydney after our cruise and will have another 2 days to sightsee. We hope to visit a museum or two and take an inside tour of the Opera Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 15, 2016
- Coober Pedy to the Northern TerritorySaturday was an easy day of touring Coober Pedy - we visited an old Opal Mine and an underground house. The mine was a self guided tour where we saw various tools used, some opal seams, and lots of tunnels Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 15, 2016
- Nov 14 - Sydney, Day 2We awoke to the news of the earthquake in New Zealand, near Christchurch. Our itinerary has us visiting Christchurch on Nov 20 so we will have to wait to see if that changes. The news feeds here indicate that Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 13, 2016
- Sea Day Bound for SydneyThat dreaded day when we need to gather our clothes and other kit and start packing our cases. The bulk of our luggage will be placed outside our doors before dinner and we won't see them again until tomorrow Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 14, 2016
- Days 299 to 303 - Airlie Beach and The Whitsundays8 Août
Direction Airlie Beach, petite station balnéaire, point de départ pour les excursions en bateau dans les Whitsundays, cet ensemble d’îles paradisiaques dont l’une est réputée pour avoir le sable le plus blanc au monde : [i]W Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Nov 13, 2016
- Days 297 & 298 - Ayr and Alva BeachOn part direction Ayr, petite ville bien animée pour un samedi matin. Après le déjeuner, nous allons à Alva Beach, point de départ pour faire la plongée de l’épave Yongala. Rendez-vous est pris pour le lendemain matin à 7h30 pour Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Nov 13, 2016
- South AmericaI’m not sure when it happened. Maybe this hamster started getting wobbly after a trip to Morocco in 2011 and got more and more travel drunk after each trip away. Either way, one evening over dinner and a glass (or Posted by robbotravels in Robbotravels to...... | Nov 13, 2016
- Port Day in MelbourneThe waves and the wind had abated as we entered Port Philip Bay on our way into the Port of Melbourne. The sky looked threatening and we fully expected rain but decided to brave the weather and go into Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 13, 2016
- Nov 13 - Sydney, Day 1We took the Hop On Hop Off bus around the city today and we were busy! We visited the Opera House, Darling Harbour, St Mary's Cathedral, and the Sea-Life Aquarium. We had lupper at the Hard Rock Cafe Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 12, 2016
- Last Sea Day Before MelbourneThe early morning showed no sign of the sun, instead delivering rain with a cold strong wind making the open decks unsafe. There was little to encourage people from their beds and there were very few people in the Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 12, 2016
- Nov 12 - Sydney, New South WalesWe were up early (5:45 AM) in order to get ready to leave for our morning flight to Sydney. When we looked out the window, we were surprised to see the Esplanade busy with so many walkers, runners, cyclists, exercisers Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 11, 2016
- Time to Leave Magnetic IslandIt's my final few days here and sadly there'll be no more time for exploring. With my boss away I'm running the resort till I go, so it's time to start packing and enjoy my final sunset views of the Posted by JustJen in Australia | Nov 11, 2016
- Coober Pedy, William Creek, Lake Eyre SAWe left our lake camp at record time for us - we were away by 9am! We left early as the temperature was expected to reach 40C, so wanted to get into Cooper Pedy as early as possible.
Brian re Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 11, 2016
- Melbourne Bound - Sea Day TwoThe ship was lively this morning as we rocked our way East across the Great Australian Bight. The wind was up, the temperature down and sections of the open decks closed. There was no visible sun for a Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 11, 2016
- Nov 11 - Kuranda Village, QLDToday was our last day in the Cairns area. We took a trip up a mountain in the Macalister Range to a small artisan village called Kuranda. The village is located in the middle of the rainforests of the Barron Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 11, 2016
- Goodbye Wernadinga... Hello civilisation Well, Where to begin? Where we left off would probably be a good place to start I think. A lot has happened since last we blogged, so make a cup of tea turn your phone off and have a break Posted by Benannatravels in South East Asia and Australia | Nov 10, 2016