- Day 18Bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning, after i almost burnt the van down, well not really the baking paper caught on fire.
Barramundi feeding this morning at the van park, they're so quick, i got a video of it, but Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 3, 2016
- Day 17A spectacular sunrise this morning at The Devil's Marbles, and managed to capture a few photos on my phone.
Big day of travel today, 7 hours up the road to Mataranka.
Ducked back a few km' Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 3, 2016
- Day 16Today we were hoping to have a tour of Gemtree and do some fossicking for Garnet and Zircon, but unfortunately the tour departed at 830am and we missed it, so instead we decided to head straight up the sturt highway Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 3, 2016
- Day 15Up and cooking bacon and eggs for breaky this morning ready for a big day of sightseeing.
First stop the Ochre Pits.
Ochre has been used all over the world for decoration and painting since pre-historic times. Here you can see the Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 3, 2016
- Rhinyurra (Lakefield) National Park and CooktownWe spent two days at Hann crossing we had the biggest campsite all to our self and over a kilometre from the next one!
Dad and Stephie spent lots of time fishing in the river, they caugh Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jul 3, 2016
- Cape YorkOur air conditioning was fixed in Cairns while we watched Finding Dory at the movies and finally we were on our way to “the tip”!
We stopped at a lookout just before Lakeland overlooking the mountains towards Cooktown and watched a Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jul 3, 2016
- Day 4, 1st July, CharlevilleRelaxing day today wandering around Charleville, catching up with some shopping, having lunch at Heinemann's Bakery, then checked out the Vortex Rainmaker, and went to the site of Explosion Bridge.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/835015/IMG_7938 Posted by Marts-Sparksie in Marts-Sparksie's Travel Blog | Aug 8, 2016
- Day 14Set off this morning about 9am headed for Ormiston Gorge.
We were all a little unsure about the road we were going on, the mereenie loop, as we've had so many different reports for various people about the condition of the Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 2, 2016
- Days 3 - 7We left Narrandera at the usual departure time and travelled to Hay where we had lunch before calling into the old railway station to view the World War 2 POW museum. It was very interesting to see the photos etc Posted by Bobnhiroe in The Darling River Run 2016 | Jul 1, 2016
- Sydney to Milan Nearly nine months after first booking flights for this trip, the day finally arrived - it was time to go! Flying out of Sydney at 3pm on Singapore Airlines, Adam (son) and I were driven to Sydney airport and arrived Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 1, 2016
- The WhitsundaysWe left Mirani bright and early with Scott and Anne - headed to Whitsunday Gold Coffee for coffee and freshly baked muffins. Then down to Airlie Beach to book in, check out shops and eat a beautiful seafood lunch at Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Jun 30, 2016
- First MilestoneToday I transferred the last of the cruise fare for our 48 day voyage on the Emerald Princess from Southampton to Sydney.
We are booked to fly out of Canberra on Sunday 18 September 2016. After a transfer in Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Jun 30, 2016
- Australia: Melbourne (and on the way)First visit (Mon 6th June - Tues 14th June)
We spent Monday morning getting everything packed up ready for our relocation campervan adventure to Melbourne. For the benefit of those who don't know about 'relocations' the idea is that a car Posted by advensha in Advensha | Jun 29, 2016
- Port Hedland Port Hedland (pop 15 000)
Port Hedland and South Hedland are actually 18km apart. The port is the one of the busiest export ports in the world.
This is not a pretty town. That is me being kind. It is Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jun 29, 2016
- The Snowy MountainsSo apparently it does snow in Australia! The heat of the outback feels even further away when you're shivering in -6°C but the drive through a gorgeous snow-covered mountain range makes up for it. Plus you can be easily distracted Posted by JustJen in Australia | Jun 28, 2016
- De Grey River free campingDe Grey River Free Camp
For those who are not familiar with free camping: All through Australia there are thousands of free camp sites available (some official and government serviced and some as simple as a little loop next to road Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jun 28, 2016
- Quick UpdateWe were brave enough to bring the caravan to Jenni's at Fairview Park through Cudlee Creek and Chain of Ponds - it was a white knuckle ride and not one that I would like to repeat!
Had a lovely afternoon and Posted by BazandMaz in East to West Exploring the Nullabor. | Jun 28, 2016
- Up up and awayWhat a morning.
Up at 5am to get our transfer to the airport for our scenic flight.
To say it was beautiful would be a massive understatement.
Sunrise over Uluru and the Olga's specta Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 28, 2016
- The Red CentreThis weekend we flew to the very middle of the country, also known as the Red Centre, and I think you will see from the pictures how it’s earned its meme.
The first evening we set out to vie Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jun 28, 2016
- Homeward bound24/5/2016 - 27/5/2016
We were lucky enough to be able to change our booking on the Spirit of Tasmania for a week earlier than the previously booked date of the 1/6/2016. It was only a week , but we felt we Posted by Pipandpop in Doug & Chris On The Road | Jun 27, 2016
- Hello from Uluru 1/2W We are at Uluru and have been here for 3 days.
This morning we got up early and went on a bus to the airport where we split into two groups and I was squished next to my friend Addison.
There were Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 27, 2016
- Exploring Uluru Early rise this morning for Nathan and Trinity to take in the sunrise over Uluru. They said it was quite spectacular. ( Layla, Elijah and mummy stayed in bed where it was snuggly warm)
When they arrived back to the van Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 27, 2016
- The rock in all its gloryWoke up to sunshine so we Headed out to one of the lookouts this morning to catch a glimps of uluru and kata tjuta, and what a sight it was.
We headed into the bookings office to figure out Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jun 27, 2016
- First (tiny) step!This little entry is more of an experiment really! Tonight I set up this blog rather hastily & sent out an email to some family & friends who I thought might be interested.
I'm dubious about whether I'll be able Posted by ValerieN in Adventure On! | Jun 27, 2016
- Home at lastFarewell to old England . . . Hopefully not forever. Saturday and it's time to head to the airport.
Qantas QF10 via Dubai. The 7 hours to Dubai was almost empty and passed quite quickly,
After a 2 hour Posted by Kath.Christine in Italy and London | Jun 26, 2016