- Darwin CityToday we down to the Darwin waterfront.
First we went into the World War Two Oil storage tunnels.
This is a very cheap attraction to visit.
$7 per adult, and $4 per child.
These are storage tunnels 5+6.
There is a lot to read here, Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 24, 2015
- I'm in a Melbourne state of mind (part 2) Gina and I had always heard that Aussies are super health conscious. Healthy whole foods, not a lot of junk to be found, though a hefty beer indulgence. My friends, I have only been in the one city so far, Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 24, 2015
- Weather Changes PlansA prediction of rain and thunder over three days meant we made the decision to leave Yowah on Wednesday. First we did a basic pack up of the caravan and moved to a less 'could be muddy' spot. We hated Posted by BazandMaz in Back to the Outback | Jul 23, 2015
- Darwin AttractionsToday we decided to hire a car so we could travel places, without using time waiting for buses or public transport.
First we walked to the Budget Car Depot on Smith Street.
We picked up our Toyota Yaris.
After that we came back Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 23, 2015
- Trip to FremantleToday we woke to blue skies and only a breeze - perfect for our trip to Fremantle. A magnificent ferry ride down the Swan River passing 15 marinas and Yatch Clubs. Quite on the waters today but hard to Posted by freespirits02 in 2015 South Africa,Kenya and Mauritius | Jul 23, 2015
- Just To Add InsultThings have been going pretty well until last Thursday 16 July 2015, I was taken in by a scam which indirectly cost me about $1500 and a lot of time. It started with a phone call from a smooth-talking Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Jul 22, 2015
- 8. At the Top End The history of an area makes magnificent material for entertaining the traveller, for educating, informing and expanding horizons. Past economic activities, former explorers who battled their way through the wilderness, wars of past generations, tragedies Posted by Outbackaus in Two Kiwis Go Outback | Jul 22, 2015
- Brisbane City Walking Tour - QLD
Brisbane is the capital of Queensland and ranks third in size in Australia after Sydney and Melbourne, Situated on the Brisbane river and surrounded by misty blue hills, the city Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jun 30, 2015
- I'm in a Melbourne state of mind (part1)I always knew I would love Australia. Two weeks in Melbourne have only carved that in stone. It's amazing here! Aussies are just the nicest, Melbourne is clean, safe, and cool. I'm going to boil down two weeks into two Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- Batchelor to DarwinToday we woke up early to start cleaning out motor home, to return it to the Maui depot in Darwin.
After we had finished our cleaning we headed off to Batchelor BP to stock up on some fuel.
Do be aware of Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 22, 2015
- Exploring PerthOur holiday begun with a bus trip to Adelaide on Monday 20th July and a lovely evening meal with Petrah and family. Tuesday 21st flew to Perth. It was a long flight thanks to a 300 klm head wind. Posted by freespirits02 in 2015 South Africa,Kenya and Mauritius | Jul 22, 2015
- Days 38 ro 45
Wed 15 July
After leaving Darwin we drove to Berry Springs where we had a swim in the thermal pool.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/755573/2015_July_..y_Sprin Posted by bobandhiroe2015 in 2015 Trip Around Oz | Jul 22, 2015
- Day 4: Thursday 9th July - Sydney, AustraliaZoo Day!!!
Got up (in no hurry ;-P), had some yummy toast for breakfast (as per usual, to save some money and we only really ate lunch out and our one dinner with Cristina), then set on the train to Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 8, 2015
- The Great Fuzzy Bum Search of 2015Yesterday was marvellous. We took a bus trip to the Great Ocean Road and the Twelve Apostles and it was even better than I had hoped. Life goal? CHECK.
Sorry about my a Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 21, 2015
- Litchfield National ParkToday we got up nice and early to go to the National Park.
This is to avoid the day heat when doing walking.
Our first stop in the park was at the Magnetic Termite Mounds.
Some of these termite mounds are up to Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 21, 2015
- Howard Springs to Batchelor Today we drove from Howard Springs, we drove straight to Adelaide River a small township about 70km from Darwin.
Here their most famous attraction in the Adelaide River War Cemetery.
Adelaide River used to be the American headquarters base.
So this is Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 21, 2015
- DampierNot a long drive to Karratha where we did some shopping and topped up our internet.
Greeted at the entrance to Dampier by the Red Dog Statue:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/IMG_79 Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Jul 21, 2015
- Port Hedland to Point Samson and CossackLeaving Port Hedland we passed the industrial area with its scrap metal (including discarded trucks and train engines) and we crossed some very flat flood plains, then came upon hills and wildflowers - before and after Whim Creek Pub (where Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Jul 20, 2015
- Ugly Dogs and Too Many Sandwiches Short of a Picnic!Boy this year is the ugly dog year! We have lost count of how many ugly, little, dogs we have come across that are babyed so much we want to vomit!
Our tolerance must be low as we find Posted by BazandMaz in Back to the Outback | Jul 20, 2015
- Q1, Surfers Paradise - QLD
With 526 residents, a 10 storey sky garden, pools, restaurants, shops and a spa [b] Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jun 28, 2015
- Cooinda to Howard SpringsToday we woke up at 5:00am to go on a sunrise cruise.
We had a nice hot shower and got organised and then headed over to the bus stop.
From Coooinda Lodge they have a courtesy bus that takes you from the Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 19, 2015
- Katherine to CooindaToday we drove from Katherine to Cooinda.
First we just went into town for our groceries top up.
We also got some fuel.
Then we were on the road our only stop was of Pine Creek, which is at the intersection of Stuart Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 19, 2015
- Back homeThursday 16 July 2015
Another hot day. This was our last day in Munich and the last day of the holiday. We had to fill in a whole day because our flight didn’t leave until 10.35pm. Hotel checkout was at 11am Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 19, 2015
- 22 Sleeps to goIn 22 days until we depart for Frankfurt Germany. The cities we will be visiting along the way include Munich, Prague, Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Berlin and Bruges. We are very excited about this trip, not only because we Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Jul 17, 2015
- The city that has made it's home in my heart.......[center][/center]
In 2014 my year started in a way I had dreamed but never thought would happen. In time square NYC. I was with my hubby and 3 boys, we were at a party, Posted by Auggiesfamily in I ❤️ New York | Jul 17, 2015