- Adelaide and Sydney, family reunionsIt's so long since I've written I can hardly remember what we've done. We've been in Adelaide staying with Marion, catching up with Joe's family, lots of family meals and fun. It's been so nice with Marion, she Posted by Crazy Poupes in Jill and Joe's Gap Year | Nov 27, 2013
- Port Hedland and back to Melbourne
Well so I last left when it was nearly Halloween and it was just a mild 36 degrees outside. Well it picked up a bit to a balmy 43 degrees, playing it cool obviously pretending it Posted by Halgerty12 in A year in Australia | Nov 27, 2013
- Port Douglas Port Douglas
We arrived at Port Douglas Retreat Accommodation late on Monday night after a smooth flight from Sydney but with torrential rain from the airport... Think it might be following us! WOW!! Impressed it's not the ritz but we Posted by Theepictrip13 in The Epic Trip 13 | Nov 27, 2013
- The Last of Sydney for awhile...No major stories, just some pictures :)
Walking and views from the Harbour Bridge.
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Nov 27, 2013
- Day 27: Port Augusta to MorganIt was another very hot day, so after fuelling up and shopping at the local Woolies, we commenced our drive to Morgan.
Here are some photos of our campsite at Port Agutta (as many seem to call Port Augusta).
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/58 Posted by vancoops in Eyre Peninsula, South Australia | Nov 26, 2013
- Day 26: Ceduna to Port AugustaNEWS FLASH: Car attacked by Giant Cocky!
More about that later.......
We stopped at Wudinna for lunch when saw a sign for fresh bread and just couldn't resist it (i Posted by vancoops in Eyre Peninsula, South Australia | Nov 26, 2013
- PrologueOur trip to Europe to celebrate Jill's 60th birthday took some 12 months or so to investigate, plan and prepare. It did not end up the way it was initially planned, but it was the better for Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 1, 2013
- Yungaburra Hello everybody!
We've been sooo busy! With limited wifi access, it's been hard to find time and internet to update this blog. I hope no one was worrying about me... everything has been great!
From Sydney we flew to Cairns, Posted by chella.thornton in Chella + The World | Nov 25, 2013
- Tour of Mackay, Queensland. East Australia: Trouble Pt 1
It's November 18th, 7am Monday morning; our road trip-mobile was in the garage, so I found myself killing time in Cafe Oscars off Sydney St with pen, paper and a laptop.
There wer Posted by Brighterside in Journal of an Eccentric Traveller | Nov 25, 2013
- To Angie From Mum and DadHear you are you're enjoying your own hols! We miss you lots and wish you were with us. But we saw this and thought of you.
See you in 3 n bit weeks!
Hopefully Granny Marian will read to you
Lots of love
Mum Posted by Theepictrip13 in The Epic Trip 13 | Nov 24, 2013
- My Country - Dorothea MacKellarI cannot think of a better conclusion to our trip than the famous poem below as this sums up so much of the heart of Australia.
Since arriving home the wet season seems to have started with thunderstorms, rain and humidity Posted by psstevo in Round The Block Again | Nov 24, 2013
- India - Sydney G'DAY!!Just a short one will edit and update later!
Arrived in Sydney at the hotel, both showered, time for bed! Been a long time since we got up in Agra!
All well. :-)
Agra - Sydney.
Our journey to Sydney started stupidly early Posted by Theepictrip13 in The Epic Trip 13 | Nov 24, 2013
- Day 25: Ceduna (Shelly Beach)Jeepo was so dirty, Brian could not resist it any longer. It was almost 4 weeks since its last wash....... It was time to give Jeepo a bath :) It looks nice and shiny now. It's amazing how much red Posted by vancoops in Eyre Peninsula, South Australia | Nov 24, 2013
- Day 24: Streaky Bay to CedunaSadly, it was time to leave Streaky Bay - it's definitely a place we would comeback to:
We were looking forward to Smoky Bay, as the oysters from there are also Posted by vancoops in Eyre Peninsula, South Australia | Nov 24, 2013
- Day 23: Streaky Bay Our last day in Streaky Bay was a very quiet affair.
We liked Mocean restaurant so much, we went there again for lunch ( a shared pizza and scones, jam and cream) ...... very nice.
We then went to Perlubie Beach Posted by vancoops in Eyre Peninsula, South Australia | Nov 24, 2013
- Fun with snow, wind and rain at Ben Lomond National ParkClancy, Sonia and I had been looking forward to this day. Being able to once again head up into the mountains to enjoy some fun in the snow. Clancy and I weren't exactly sure how Sonia and Kaden Posted by Goannaray in Tasmania in Winter with 2 Toddlers...!? | Nov 24, 2013
- Tall Ships and Spontaneous AdventuresWell it was a lazy Friday morning in Sydney, over 80 degrees and we weren't sure what to do. Feeling like we'd seen everything in the area of our hostel and walked just about everywhere else, nothing was jumping Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Nov 23, 2013
- Tamar River Cruise in LauncestonNear the end of our stay in Tasmania we took a river cruise on the Tamar River. The river runs through Launceston and near Cataract Gorge. There are several really huge, old-style Victorian homes along the river. Our boat crossed Posted by djrussell in Awesome Australia! | Nov 23, 2013
- Yo! Then I have arrived Sydney!
I will write this blog on either norwegian or english (depends on the day) Today I start with norwegian.
Da har jeg kommet meg litt til hektene her nede. Alt er forstatt litt kaos og overveldene Posted by Travelinghippie in Traveling Hippie - Down under | Nov 22, 2013
- Let's hire a boat[float=left][/float]On the second day in Paynesville we decided to hire a boat and explore the lakes. I know we have a poor track record with boats on foreign holidays, but what could g Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Nov 17, 2013
- Paynesville[float=left][/float]For the first time on our trip we decided not to pre-book our accommodation – we had three days to drive the rest of the way to Melbourne and were going t Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Nov 15, 2013
- WEEK 8- ARTHUR RIVER, STRAHAN, BOTHWELL, MIDLANDS TASSunday morning was another beautiful day in Arthur River. We were on the road early and enjoyed the beautiful drive back to Smithton.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/568282/large_Dairying_c..Smithon__3_.jpg caption=Dairying country west of Smitht Posted by Kangatraveller in CND to Tasmania-01/10/13 to 26/01/14 | Nov 22, 2013
- Beautiful Broulee[float=left][/float]Our time in Sydney was up so we drove the short distance to Broulee – a mere 5 hour jaunt down the coast. Broulee (pronounced Broughlee) is quite a bit off the m Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Nov 13, 2013
- Sydney here we come[float=left][/float]So we arrived in Sydney and got settled in to our flat, which was attached to the back of the landlords’ house and had a shared balcony. Felt a little ‘cosy’ to start with, but Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Oct 22, 2013
- Sculptures by the Sea -Bondi to Coogee
Elizabeth and I waited for the second to last day to see the sculptures by the sea. It was also the second hottest day we'd been here. And a Saturday. It was packed with Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Nov 21, 2013