- Getting startedTesting... Posted by LivingDreamz in TravelOz | Sep 19, 2016
- Walwa to Bellingham - the last legWe left Walwa to meander along the green banks of the Murray in flood - so very different as we neared the Hume Weir from 4 months ago when it was very low:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Sep 18, 2016
- The Day Drags OnWhat do you do on the day before you depart ?? Not a whole lot is the short answer and it really drags.
Started to pack the case on Thursday after lunch. Two hours latter had it 95% packed. Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Sep 16, 2016
- Lake LeschenaultiaWe've found [[http://www.mundaring.wa.gov.au/Recreationleisure/Lake/Pages/default.aspx|Lake Leschenaultia]] to be a great spot for either a day trip, or a camping trip from Perth.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/596544/large_PA300003.jpg Posted by Goannaray in Exploring with Goannaray | Sep 15, 2016
- Almost Time!Well, its almost time for us to head back over to Europe! Its been 5 years since our last visit to this particular continent, and we won't be going for as long this time, and we won't be driving and Posted by ShelleyJ in Eurail Adventures | Sep 15, 2016
- Into The TropicsLanding in Townsville was an experience. Passing nothing but scrub and hills below till you hit the bright blue ocean and suddenly a small city appears. Walking out of the plane to a solid wall of heat and humidity was Posted by JustJen in Australia | Sep 13, 2016
- Sydney (Take 2)Back to Sydney! It's not my favourite city in the world, not even in Australia, but it does keep drawing me back. It was so nice to bask in the sun again, without ski pants, boots, goggles, and a helmet Posted by JustJen in Australia | Sep 12, 2016
- Day 49: Barkly HomesteadToday was another long drive day, most of it was returning down the Stuart Highway where we had previously driven before throwing a left hand turn at the appropriately named 'Three Ways Roadhouse' to head towards the Queensland border.
We were Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Aug 12, 2016
- 2 down and 10 to goIt had been a long day of driving and the noise of the car on tarmac had ingrained itself in our heads. We were tired and hungry. We stopped in the first town we came across. There was a roadhouse/motel/campsite Posted by BenAnna in South East Asia and Australia | Sep 10, 2016
- CanberraSo it was finally time to leave Adaminaby and say goodbye to Selwyn Snow Resort. After many hugs, me and my roommate Kama hopped in her car and drove the 2.5 hours to Canberra. It was a fun little road Posted by JustJen in Australia | Sep 10, 2016
- Last post 🤗We had a very quiet night at the cemetery and a lovely drive through Maitland, Port Victoria, Minlaton and Warooka - where we found a free camp in the gardens of the Inland Sea restaurant. All we needed to do Posted by BazandMaz in East to West Exploring the Nullabor. | Sep 7, 2016
- South from Canberra to WalwaWe left Canberra - misty moist weather. We started off out to Yass then followed the Hume Highway to Gundagai. We stopped for morning tea in Bookham.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Sep 5, 2016
- CanberraWe arrived in Canberra in time to visit the Visitor Info and set up camp at EPIC (the exhibition centre), which is actually within walking distance of our resident friends, Marg and Mark.
The next day was overcast so we headed Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Sep 3, 2016
- Horizontal Falls Adventure from DerbyWow, where do I start? September 1st - a day to remember. We arrived in Derby the day before and camped ten km's out of town at Mike and Apples property sitting a k or so off the beginning Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Sep 2, 2016
- Just 14 Days To GoAlmost down to the wire and it is heartening to be able to report that all essential preparations are completed. With all the health checks completed it is now largely a matter of sitting around waiting for time to Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Sep 2, 2016
- Failure and success..."How was today's mission?"
Well... in short, both a failure and a success. If that's at all possible!
[i](That was basically the gist of the answer to my new friends inquiring question. We'd not long moved into the Posted by Goannaray in Exploring with Goannaray | Sep 2, 2016
- Adventures... Stories... Experiences...Adventures, stories, experiences... who else enjoys hearing or reading about these sorts of things? I certainly do, and so thought I'd start a new section to this slightly disjointed blog. Covering our miscellaneous escapades.
Credit is owed to one Posted by Goannaray in Exploring with Goannaray | Sep 2, 2016
- Day 48: MatarankaToday was a short 450km drive back south along the Stuart Highway.
Our first stop was at Adelaide River (the town, not the jumping crocodile cruises) where there is a Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Aug 11, 2016
- CountdownWoohoo, checklist done
Work finished ☺
Bags packed ☺
Kidlet dropped off ☺
Only one thing to do... well maybe 2. Set out clothes for tomorrow & get some sleep.... early wakeup & on the gull bus at 5am.
Goodnight all ✈🌜 Posted by KarenWekwerth in Canada/Alaska | Aug 31, 2016
- Millthorpe to GoulburnA photographic couple of days as we wended our way south of Orange to Canberra, Beautiful countryside, historic villages, caves.....
Interesting cloud cover as we left Orange and a low railway bridge that we fitted under:
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Aug 29, 2016
- Gumbanan Bush Camp (Cape Leveque - Dampier Peninsula)What an idyllic little spot out on One Arm Peninsula right up the top of the Dampier Peninsula. What could we do but chill out here! Rory lived on one end of a fishing rod. Sue and Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Aug 29, 2016
- Broome and Cape LevequeAfter returning from Karijini with our fractured rear windscreen there was pressure on to leave as we intended on Sunday morning. We’d thought travelling in a Toyota Prado would ensure we could get any parts easily but alas with Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Aug 29, 2016
- KarijiniMonday morning, (15 Aug), off to Karijini. Leaving Sue behind again ☹ but this is her final week working so we’ll all be back on the road together by next week ☺
It’s about three and a half hours driving Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Aug 29, 2016
- Back in Hedland for the week.Back from our adventure into Millstream it was back to ‘city’ living for a week. That gave time for getting the car serviced (ouch!!), tyres rotated on the car and trailer, another LED light strip replaced – The plastic Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Aug 29, 2016
- Days 43-47: DarwinWe got the sense during our stay in Darwin that the locals are a bit too relaxed about most things.
For example the city sits in the middle of saltwater crocodile territory and is home to the 2 most lethal jellyfish Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Aug 10, 2016