- We got started!Finally we left Fremantle on Sunday, after a delays due to various family members - not least being Clare - being ill with the horrible 'flu-like virus going 'round the city. Posted by Kutundu in Travels around Australia | Aug 26, 2015
- Wildflowers #4In and around Perth / Kings Park:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/IMG_9440.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Aug 26, 2015
- Wildflowers #3Cervantes Area:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/IMG_9324.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/thumb_I Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Aug 26, 2015
- Wildflowers #2Eneabba:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/IMG_9185.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/thumb_IMG_9185 Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Aug 26, 2015
- A Million Ways to Die in AustraliaMy mom has had this friend at work for decades. We call her Miss Bea. Miss Bea has her own cat rescue and raises goats; she keeps chickens and sells their eggs at work. She gave me both of my Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Aug 25, 2015
- Queensland - the heat has come ...All in all, we are enjoying our trip. It is amazing to be in this ever-changing landscape. One minute it is dead-flat land with minimal trees and dotted with anthills. Later on it is hilly with green shrubs and rocky Posted by flozzy76 in Carving Australia in Half! | Aug 26, 2015
- Tailem Bend,SAIt was a rest day by the Murray today:
We enjoyed sitting in the sunshine watching Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Aug 26, 2015
- Wildflowers #1Shark Bay Area:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/IMG_8604.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/thumb_I Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Aug 26, 2015
- Nine more sleepsSo it's nine more sleeps ............ "until the bags are packed and I'm ready to go". Still a lot to complete though. I'll check back in in a few days to update the preparations. Posted by Lyn Dennis in Kopecks to Koruna | Aug 25, 2015
- Letting the Pictures Tell the Story
We woke up this morning having had a good nights sleep. We had breakfast at the cottage before going for a walk to explore the cliff top and town. It was a little bit chilly but pleasant Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 25, 2015
- To Lycra or Not to LycraOne of our first world problems always revolve around "What should I wear?" It's always a dilemma which can only be resolved when we arrive at our destination and get a chance to compare our outfits with others.
The reality Posted by Stephenhanlon in Tour d'Afrique - Bamboo Road | Aug 25, 2015
- Tailem Bend, SAAs usual, it was a relaxed start.... Here we are leaving our camp at around 11am:
It was a fairly long journey for us today, doing around 400km to Tailem Bend. We st Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Aug 25, 2015
- Around the Coorong National Park
It is quite scary to think that we have now been away for four weeks. In some ways it seems like forever since we left our house in Saxmundham; that we have been to so many places Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 25, 2015
- On the Road Again
This morning we woke up to an amazing red sky, which according to the proverb didn't bode well for the weather.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/725429/E775CE3FB54D49B49FF17F Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 25, 2015
- We're Off - Ready or NotWe're packed and have hopefully included everything we need for the 50 days away. We're about to leave the Winter chills of Canberra and land in the tropical heat of Hawaii. From there we fly to the Autumn Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Aug 24, 2015
- Melbourne 1The view on Melbourne shortly before i landed:
First stroll to the beach and pier - you have an awesome view on Melbourne:
At nig Posted by May Leona in This is aussome! | Aug 24, 2015
- Ararat, VictoriaWe left at the usual time..... 11am. We figure we're on holidays so there is no need to rush. 😀
Zayney was getting a little concerned at the door as we were going in and out of the house loading Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Aug 24, 2015
- Coral Bay to CarnarvonWe finally left Coral Bay after extending twice and meeting so many people who spoke to the dogs. A fairly easy drive South on very narrow roads initially and then onto the main North South Coastal Highway to Carnarvon. We Posted by Adlard Trip in Kimberly | Aug 24, 2015
- Kanu Kapers - The Sandpatch, Great Sandy National Park - QLD
The most impressive natural scenery is that which involves a journey. Not a leisurely drive in the family car, but a journey that requires effort exertion and time.
After an hour's pa Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jul 25, 2015
- Kanu Kapers up the Noosa Everglades - QLDNo visit to Noosa on the east coast would be complete without a trip up the Everglades.
and as I'm not one for sitting on a boat being a day-tripping tourist, it seemed a great i Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jul 24, 2015
- More Amazing Wildlife
After another good nights sleep, ablutions, a quick breakfast and tidy up of the cottage, we got on our way back to Seal Bay on the south coast. It was my turn to do some driving today, Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 22, 2015
- All Things Remarkable!
I woke up at about 7am having had a good nights sleep. There was some anticipation about the Kangaroos and whether they would also be up bright and early and near our c Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 22, 2015
- Perth #1Since we've been in Perth, there have been a couple of lovely sunny and warm days - the rest have been showery. Mark went into hospital on the 14th and I have been pottering with the use of a Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Aug 21, 2015
- Understanding Owls - Land For Wildlife - QLD
Talon a Masked Owl
One evening I was so excited to go with Hannah to a Land For Wildlife talk on Understanding Owls by Raptor Vision (who I thank for the photos below).
Land for W Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jul 29, 2015
- Peake's Place19/08/15
We are having a brilliant time at the Peake’s farm near Wandoan. Yesterday we helped herd cows and give them a molasses mixture (a cow lolly!) Kids got to ride in the back of the ute. Today we saw the Posted by flozzy76 in Carving Australia in Half! | Aug 21, 2015