- Cohen Free Camp
A short distance from Ceduna we stopped for the night and built a campfire. Sat out until late watching the flames and enjoying a couple of drinks. Posted by cbtraveller in Heading West | Apr 24, 2016
- Twiggy's Campsite
We camped at Twiggy's on the way over. It is such an awesome spot that we camped there again on the way back. The views were just as amazing but this time we encountered very strong winds duri Posted by cbtraveller in Heading West | Apr 24, 2016
- Madura Pass
The remoteness of the Nullarbor from the lookout at the top of Madura Pass Posted by cbtraveller in Heading West | Apr 24, 2016
- Fraser Range StationAfter leaving Kalgoorlie we turned left at Norseman and started our long journey home across the Nullarbor. Our first night's stop was at Fraser Range Station where we spent a nice night chatting with other travellers while sitting around a Posted by cbtraveller in Heading West | Apr 24, 2016
- AlbanyHi there. We attended the dawn service here in Albany this morning - a special place to be on Anzac Day given the history of the first convoy of ships leaving here on November 1st 1914 - off to war. Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Apr 24, 2016
- Julia Creek to Cloncurry and ghost townCloncurry (pop 3500):
Cloncurry is in hilly country (there are mines that feed into this economy. Copper and gold started it all, but today the biggest silver mine in the world is not far away and the town has enough rainfall Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Apr 24, 2016
- Not there yet
One week to go and voilá Posted by vonnie b in Europe 1o1 | Apr 23, 2016
- Kimberley Region – Cruising From Broome to Wyndham
We departed Perth and flew 2h30 north to Broome.
Broome is the gateway to the Kimberley, one of the world’s great wilderness regions. Broome was founded as a Pearling Posted by janejoe in Western Australia | Apr 23, 2016
- Days 161 to 163: Ikara–Flinders Ranges National ParkNous arrivons au parc à l'heure du déjeuner.
Même si le coin est aride, il y a quelques points d'eau où les animaux peuvent boire :
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/768117/la Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Apr 23, 2016
- ... without travel we only read one page.The day arrived and thus we left.... not before upholding the promise to Leo ... 'We won't go without seeing you as we drive out'. Ring the bell, knock on the door, peer through windows, bang on windows. Curtains open, Posted by Siekierkas in More than one page.Laz & Barbaira | Apr 22, 2016
- Exploring the ancient Daintree National Park and Cape tribulWe decided to stay in the Daintree, at Noah Beach for three nights. We had already booked a guided walk so we could learn more about the area and booked on the 10am walk with Cooper Creek Wilderness, the only Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | Apr 23, 2016
- Cruising for Crocs on the Daintree RiverObviously, now becoming the norm, it rained heavily the night before we left so had to pack another soggy tent into bags before we set off. It was another short drive but there were lots of things we wanted to Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | Apr 23, 2016
- Port Douglas, The Gem of the North CoastPort Douglas is only a short drive from Cairns but we had heard good things about the town and we had already decided that we wanted to dive from here as it is closer to the reef than most of Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | Apr 22, 2016
- Camping in torrential rainOur last night in Abergrowie State Forest, was wet. It rained all night so we had to pack our soggy tent into big plastic bags to move on. Everything was wet and muddy.... That was the norm for the next Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | Apr 22, 2016
- Hughenden to RichmondRichmond (pop 850)
We arrived in Richmond early enough to do a leisurely exploration of the Kronosaurus Korner in the centre of town. Fortunately access to town these days does not require a snorkel as it would have done 110 million Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Apr 22, 2016
- Richmond to Julia CreekJulia Creek (pop 400):
We left reluctantly after breakfast considering the small town of Nelia (pop 10) for a farm stay (Corella Creek Country Farm Stay). We were disappointed that they had no joeys (baby kangeroos) to feed at the moment, Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Apr 22, 2016
- Days 159 & 160 - Mount Remarkable and Port AugustaAprès un ultime passage à la casse et un ré-alignement des roues dans la banlieue nord d'Adelaide, nous prenons la direction du nord. Premier arrêt à Mount Remarkable, dans la commune de Melrose.
Vue depuis la route :
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Apr 22, 2016
- Turning for homeAfter a wonderful five days and four nights on Kangaroo Island we packed up the car and headed back to Penneshaw to catch the 10:30am Ferry to Cape Jervis.
It was a very smooth trip and I spend a good part Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 21, 2016
- Taking the scenic route from Adelaide to MelbourneMy Aussie adventure continued with a trip to Adelaide where I met my friend Carly at the airport. We hadn't seen each other since August so it was really great to catch up.
We spent our only full day there in Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 10We said goodbye to Melbourne at about 9 O'Clock in the morning after we had stopped at Woolworths to pick up some snacks for the drive.
Once we left Melbourne there was put much for us to see. We drove Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 9I wanted to walk through more of the city centre, so for breakfast we went to a place called Degraves Lane. It's this tiny lane filled LOTS of cafes and cool graffiti art work and it's right in the middle Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 8The first thing that surprised me about Melbourne was how cold it was! We had been swimming and wearing shorts and t-shirts when we were on the South Coast and now we had to wear big jackets and jeans!
In the Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 7In the morning we began to pack up our campsite. We had to be ready to leave by about 10 O'Clock because it was going to take us 6 hours to drive to Melbourne. As we were packing up, a Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 6We went for a walk in the bush around our campsite. We saw lots of signs of animal life, like wombat burrows and paw prints. At one point we were walking through the bush and heard this loud noise next Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016
- Day 5 We watched the sun rise over the Tathra beach. It was beautiful.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by EleanorCollier in South Coast Road Trip | Apr 20, 2016