- Getting Ready to Head off AgainJoe and I have had an amazing time at home in Tassie.....but the time is running out and we are very excited about heading off again. We'll pick our new van up in Melbourne, check to see it has everything Posted by Crazy Poupes in NOW IS THE RIGHT TIME | Mar 1, 2014
- Phase 1 of the Australian adventure. We have completed our 1st section of the Great Australia adventure and so far a fantastic experience. We arrived in Sydney and then picked up the hire car to start our journey up to Fraser Island. We discovered that the Posted by CandL in The BIG Trip | Mar 1, 2014
- Cairns 🐍🐠🐬🐚🐨Me hadde vore siste 4 dagar på austkysten her i Cairns. Her hadde me planar om å dykka, sidan her oppe har dei best tilgang til Great Barrier Reef. Her har me eigentleg ikkje gjort noko spesielt bortsett fra dykking Posted by Hilkris in Australia/Asia 2014 | Mar 1, 2014
- Airlie Beach & WhitsundaysHei hei!
Etter ein mindre koselig busstur, der me vart nokon eigendelar mindre kom me fram til Arlie beach (på Kristine sin bursdag!! hurra). Det var ein liten koselig by, som me fekk utforska etter ein lang gåtur til nærmaste Posted by Hilkris in Australia/Asia 2014 | Mar 1, 2014
- Day 47: Another Day in "Paradise"Hello, today was my family and my full day in the Ayer's Rock area, the majority of which we spent battling intense heat and relentless flies.
When we stepped out of hotel room, the heat of the surrounding desert immediately came Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Mar 1, 2014
- Ayers RockWe are visiting Ayers Rock. It is a huge red rock in the middle of the desert.
My dad tells me that the temperature is 90 degrees higher here than in Oak Park. There are so many flies that Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters Jr. | Mar 1, 2014
- Noosa & Fraser Island
Her kjem blogginnlegg nummer 2 på 15 min. Sitter for augneblinken i Alice Springs og har eit realt skippartak på blogginnlegg!
Etter Surfers tok me turen vidare opp til Noosa som var ein veldig sjarmerande liten plass, men Posted by Hilkris in Australia/Asia 2014 | Mar 1, 2014
- More red rocksHenry is missing the audition for OPRF high school bands that will take place in a week, so we need to record his audition while on the road. Thinking that Ayers Rock might make a nice visual backdrop, we Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Mar 1, 2014
- 28 Feb/1Mar 2014 Sydney/Jervis BayWe're sad to leave Sydney today but we start our next leg south, following the coast down to Jervis Bay, driving along the Grand Pacific Drive. Through the Royal National Park the scenery down ain't bad at all with dramatic Posted by Cvclyons in Our Big Travel Adventure | Mar 1, 2014
- Byron Bay ✌️🏄☀️Hey!
Da ha me utsatt blogginga lenge nok, og sidan sist har me gjort utrulig mykje! Etter Sydney reiste me til Byron Bay, som er den mest fantastiske plassen me har vore på så langt! Byron Bay er ein liten plass Posted by Hilkris in Australia/Asia 2014 | Mar 1, 2014
- 26/27 Feb SydneyToday we Went into the historic Rocks area of Sydney, quaint cobbled streets good restaurants, cafe's then walked around the opera house, harbour side, through to the botanic gardens were we lazed in the sun, we then spent the late Posted by Cvclyons in Our Big Travel Adventure | Feb 28, 2014
- 25 Feb 2014 SydneyIn the morning we took the hop on hop off tour bus to to get a feel and see most of the city, with running commentary and brief descriptions at the major attractions takes about 3 hours
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/649021/C4FFBAAE2219AC6817CE Posted by Cvclyons in Our Big Travel Adventure | Feb 28, 2014
- Kangaroo report Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters Jr. | Feb 28, 2014
- Day 46: Ayers Rock and BUGSToday my family and I woke up bright and early to catch a very nice flight on Qantas Airways from Cairns to Ayers Rock. Since we had a spacious plane and it is a very unpopular route, the flight was Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 28, 2014
- Shoo flyWhy would we get up at 5am to catch an early flight in order to see a rock in the middle of a desert?
Uluru, in all its blazing glory, right before sunset.
Uluru, or Ayers Rock, is the mos Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 28, 2014
- Chapter 11: Busy times on Forrest HillEs war Anfang Jänner, ein Donnerstag Abend, kurz nachdem wir unser neues Heim betreten haben, als wir uns auch schon wieder auf den Weg gemacht haben, ins nächste offene Pub einzufallen. Müde und abgekämpft, vom sonnenarmen mitteleuropäischen Herbst mit Posted by NoUturners in Let's do summer ... | Feb 27, 2014
- Australia: Ayers Rock to the Great Barrier Reef[i](We are a few weeks behind on the blog: wifi and the ability to load photos is sporadic - plus we have just been too busy enjoying ourselves and watching Team Canada kick some Olympic ass! We hope to catch Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Feb 27, 2014
- Day 45: Un-birdingToday was my last full day in the Cairns region of tropical northeast Australia. My family and I took a full-day driving tour of Daintree National Park, a world heritage sight because some of the rainforest in the park is Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 27, 2014
- Daintree RainforestToday we headed to the Daintree Rainforest, part of the Wet Tropics of Queensland, a UNESCO world heritage site.
In keeping with the homeschooling theme, we picked up a self-driving tour CD of the national park. We were entertained (some Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 27, 2014
- Bucca > Agnes Water & The Town of 1770Tuesday 25 February 2014
On the road again ... drove to Agnes Water and The Town of 1770 via Bundaberg this morning. Found a camp site for $6 pp/night at the beach at Agnes Water, called Workman's Camp site. Posted by jamison 2014 in Mike and Wendy's Gap Year | Feb 27, 2014
- Port HedlandPort Hedland is barely a dot on even a local map but it has a natural deep anchorage harbour and is the closest port to Australia’s giant iron ore mines which are about 200 km inland from Pt. Hedland. These Posted by DavidandHazel in Kiwis & Kangaroos | Feb 26, 2014
- A Week of Coastal New South Wales
After finishing the roadtrip, and a one night stop in Brisbane (which reminded me a bit of London with it's bridges, Big Ben like building and it's very own London Eye), we chose to s Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Feb 26, 2014
- Bangkok. 23/24FebOur last day in Bangkok, after packing our case's we sat around the pool for an hours relaxation before getting our flight into Sydney
Lost a day flying into Sydney, alt Posted by Cvclyons in Our Big Travel Adventure | Feb 26, 2014
- Day 44: The Great Barrier ReefGreetings and salutations blog watchers,
Today my family and I took a pelagic tour of the Great Barrier Reef. We woke up bright and early and drove the forty-five minute drive to Port Douglas, where we boarded our ship for the Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 26, 2014
- One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fishGreetings from Cairns, Australia--home of the Great Barrier Reef!
We've actually been here for 2 days, but on our first day we called a media blackout so that we could have a solid day of homeschooling, relax at the pool, and Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 26, 2014