- Failure and success..."How was today's mission?"
Well... in short, both a failure and a success. If that's at all possible!
[i](That was basically the gist of the answer to my new friends inquiring question. We'd not long moved into the Posted by Goannaray in Exploring with Goannaray | Sep 2, 2016
- Adventures... Stories... Experiences...Adventures, stories, experiences... who else enjoys hearing or reading about these sorts of things? I certainly do, and so thought I'd start a new section to this slightly disjointed blog. Covering our miscellaneous escapades.
Credit is owed to one Posted by Goannaray in Exploring with Goannaray | Sep 2, 2016
- Day 48: MatarankaToday was a short 450km drive back south along the Stuart Highway.
Our first stop was at Adelaide River (the town, not the jumping crocodile cruises) where there is a Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Aug 11, 2016
- CountdownWoohoo, checklist done
Work finished ☺
Bags packed ☺
Kidlet dropped off ☺
Only one thing to do... well maybe 2. Set out clothes for tomorrow & get some sleep.... early wakeup & on the gull bus at 5am.
Goodnight all ✈🌜 Posted by KarenWekwerth in Canada/Alaska | Aug 31, 2016
- Millthorpe to GoulburnA photographic couple of days as we wended our way south of Orange to Canberra, Beautiful countryside, historic villages, caves.....
Interesting cloud cover as we left Orange and a low railway bridge that we fitted under:
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Aug 29, 2016
- Gumbanan Bush Camp (Cape Leveque - Dampier Peninsula)What an idyllic little spot out on One Arm Peninsula right up the top of the Dampier Peninsula. What could we do but chill out here! Rory lived on one end of a fishing rod. Sue and Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Aug 29, 2016
- Broome and Cape LevequeAfter returning from Karijini with our fractured rear windscreen there was pressure on to leave as we intended on Sunday morning. We’d thought travelling in a Toyota Prado would ensure we could get any parts easily but alas with Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Aug 29, 2016
- KarijiniMonday morning, (15 Aug), off to Karijini. Leaving Sue behind again ☹ but this is her final week working so we’ll all be back on the road together by next week ☺
It’s about three and a half hours driving Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Aug 29, 2016
- Back in Hedland for the week.Back from our adventure into Millstream it was back to ‘city’ living for a week. That gave time for getting the car serviced (ouch!!), tyres rotated on the car and trailer, another LED light strip replaced – The plastic Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Aug 29, 2016
- Days 43-47: DarwinWe got the sense during our stay in Darwin that the locals are a bit too relaxed about most things.
For example the city sits in the middle of saltwater crocodile territory and is home to the 2 most lethal jellyfish Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Aug 10, 2016
- Day 42: Litchfield National ParkAfter our trip to Kakadu we checked into our Darwin accommodation then took off to visit Litchfield National Park.
Before leaving for Litchfield though we picked up a Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Aug 5, 2016
- Glen Innes to OrangeThe weather had begun to get cooler while in Alstonville. We drove from there via Tenterfield to Glen Innes. Views along the way south of Tenterfield of the Bluff and Bolivia Hill:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/DSCN5191_T.._of_T_field.j Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Aug 27, 2016
- Final SnowWell, I am officially leaving the snow in 4 days. We've had our final snow and the resort will close in a week. But I'm getting out a bit earlier to go explore Canberra for a few days, then Sydney, Posted by JustJen in Australia | Aug 27, 2016
- Oops didn't realise so much time has gone by!A quick run down on where we have been.
After leaving Fitzgerald, we went to Ravensthorpe, which was a bit ordinary, but good for topping up the water tanks, filling up with diesel and having a lovely chat with the lady Posted by BazandMaz in East to West Exploring the Nullabor. | Aug 26, 2016
- Another video!Below is the link to another video! But don't worry it is the last one for a while. You can see our travels from Adelaide to Darwin, Enjoy!
[[https://youtu.be/849y2vJQdvk]] Posted by BenAnna in South East Asia and Australia | Aug 26, 2016
- To Darwin and back..We decided that a lie in was much needed and so we didn’t leave the room till 2pm. We thought it would be nice to spend some time by the swimming pool since we didn’t see a lot that we Posted by BenAnna in South East Asia and Australia | Aug 25, 2016
- Our travel videosA lot of people have said they couldn't view our videos on youtube. We have looked into this and discovered that it's because we used music which we didn't have the copyright for. We have now re uploaded the videos Posted by BenAnna in South East Asia and Australia | Aug 25, 2016
- Days 40-41: KakaduHeading north of Katherine we veered right at Pine Creek and headed into Kakadu, the largest of Australia's National Parks (after narrowly avoiding a British tourist who had decided to park in the middle of the 100km/hr road to take Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Aug 4, 2016
- Eumundi to AlstonvilleWe farewelled Noosa and headed off for a morning stroll around the Eumundi Markets - it is an excellent market - especially if you are looking for a gift or something in particular. Although we didn't make many purchases Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Aug 24, 2016
- Days 38-39: KatherineOur next few days were spent at Katherine where we learned the 'Territorians' have a rather loose definition of the term 'private' as our Knotts Crossing Resort cabin with 'private' bathroom was actually a cabin without a bathroom but we Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 31, 2016
- The countdown continuesDear All
Well the bags are half packed, the house is nearly ready to vacate for the Pet Sitter. Do understand the emphasis on Pet Sitter and not House Sitter. The fact the house will be lived in is merely coincidental. Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Aug 23, 2016
- Day 37: The Devils MarblesToday we drove from the Alice to the Devils Marbles, also known as Karlu Karlu.
Soon after leaving town we passed through an open speed limit area where we could drive at any speed we wanted! I had met a guy Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 31, 2016
- Counting downDear All
So now the adventure is nearly upon us
We fly out of Perth August 28 to Dubai and finish the flight in Paris the next day.
So far preparations are going quite smoothly apart from a little gnashing of teeth and Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Aug 20, 2016
- Day 36: West MacDonell RangesToday we visited the West MacDonell ranges (not the West MacDonald ranges as I thought for most of the day...).
Alice sits where the Todd River cuts through the MacDonell ranges so all those hills to the east of the Todd Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 30, 2016
- Days 33-35: Alice SpringsWe stayed 5 nights in Alice Springs, referred to as 'The Alice' by those that don't know another Alice or just 'Alice' by those that do. Deb's middle name is Alice so we decided to call the town 'Alice' as Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 29, 2016