- 11: Down through the tablelands[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 20, 2014
- 43 Days to go!
Welcome to the first post on our new blog! Richard, Rachel, Alexander (Zandy) and Dominic will be getting on a plane in just 43 days time to do the big overseas trip. In the 45 or s Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Jul 19, 2014
- 10: Cooktown and the Palmer[img=http://pho Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 19, 2014
- Some Coastal WalksThis weekend we got up early and took the train an hour south of the center of Sydney to Otford, where we headed into the Royal National Park for a walk along the coast and the palm jungle. From the Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jul 18, 2014
- Taronga ZooLast weekend we headed over on the ferry to Taronga to visit the zoo! Despite not planning well enough to avoid the school holidays (it was packed with kids and we were outnumbered) it was a brilliant way to spend Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jul 18, 2014
- BroomeOn arriving into Broome we hit the visitor centre. It's very busy up here at the moment. Peak season. After scoping some 'tours' we checked into our caravan park. Then we set out to Town Beach Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 18, 2014
- Eighty Mile BeachWe had a lovely stay at 80 mile Beach. The tides are huge, either leaving a little beach or an extremely wide one. So we would walk down to the beach several times a day to check it Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 18, 2014
- Day 2 of our Caravaning holiday to Western AustraliaWe woke to a fine and sunny day after a good nights sleep at our Whalan Creek free camp.
Time to hit the road again and travel 100kms across the Moree plains to the Spa town of Moree. This Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Jul 18, 2014
- Day 1 of our Caravaning holiday to Western AustraliaIt was 9.15 am when we eventually left home in Queensland with our Caravan in tow. The morning was cool and sunny, lovely after the previous frosty mornings - A great start to the day!
We made our Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Jul 17, 2014
- 9: Further NorthPeg and Charlie jammed themselves, three boys and their packs into Charlie's Prius for the trip back to Townsville to catch their respective planes home.
John and I packed ourselves into the Subaru and drove up to Cairns. We Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 16, 2014
- Kununurra - East KimberleySpent most of Tuesday doing a bit of orientation- finding out important things like the laundry, the liquor shop (opens at 12 noon and there are strict limits on what you can buy in any one day – 1 slab Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 16, 2014
- Australia – mental walkaboutHere are some reflections on our time in Oz....
'stralia in 3 words...
Modern – Many of the city buildings seemed very new, clean, and had a modern architecture. Not surprising since the country was established in the 1800's. Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Jul 14, 2014
- Katherine to KununurraWhat a goose I was, of course we have travelled West before, from Longreach to Tennant Creek! Oh well, this time it really feels like we are going west.
The trip across the Victoria Highway from Katherine provided Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 14, 2014
- Australia days 9 to 11We arrived in Melbourne in the morning and got a chance to look around before Sita joined us in the evening.
Melbourne is known for its moody, changeable weather and its (perhaps related?) artistic vibe. It's also characterized by a Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Jul 14, 2014
- A Taste of HomeAt the beginning of April 2013 my parents came to visit me at ‘Loose Rein’, a stop off on their 5 week trip around Australia. It would be good to see them again and for me to show them what Posted by Sunshine_Sarah in Australia 2013 - 2015 | Jul 13, 2014
- Overview of the holiday aheadOur holiday starts when we fly out of Sydney via Dubai to Heathrow, London on 23rd July.
We plan to head to West Wales to catch up, after meeting 13years ago, with Philip, Rosemary & family, the Welsh branch of Posted by GailJones in 2014 European Cruises + Paris, Malta, UK | Jul 13, 2014
- Some of the best swimming around - Litchfield NP & KatherineIt was great to get out of the hustle and bustle of town and head to Litchfield National Park for three days. On the way we stopped at Berry Springs which consisted of a waterfall followed by two rock Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jul 13, 2014
- Happy Birthday to Emily! - Darwin
The road to Darwin
Once we got to Darwin, we set up and went to the Mindel Markets which was also the day of the Beer Can Regatta. Mum got breath tested on the way there but rec Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jul 13, 2014
- The date is set
Our trip preparation originally began by scanning through camping magazines and noting down places that we considered a must see on our trip. We didn't want to miss any Posted by Ash-Clauds in Around Australia in 6 months | Jul 13, 2014
- Planting the SeedIn 2012 we started to throw around the idea that it would be great fun to spend a bit more time exploring Australia other than just during the standard 2 weeks leave. With b Posted by Ash-Clauds in Around Australia in 6 months | Jun 13, 2014
- Karumba, QLDThe music was as loud as expected from the live band on Saturday night at the rodeo in Croydon, however surprisingly, we had a really good night's sleep. We got packed up and headed off around 10.30am for Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Jul 13, 2014
- Port Hedland to Eighty Mile BeachWe enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel - included in the price of the room. Then we packed up, did a quick shop and took off to sightsee around Port Hedland before the relatively short trip to Eighty Mile Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 13, 2014
- Karijini to Port HedlandAnother cold morning! But with a nice warm layer of dirt to keep us from freezing. We packed up with the help of the Spinifex Pigeons and headed for Port Hedland. When we got close enough to Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 13, 2014
- Karijini National ParkTook a while to get going as it was a freezing morning. The sun soon warmed us up. I'm starting to look tanned from the red dirt engrained in my skin. We drove to the other end Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 12, 2014
- Tom Price to Karijini National ParkWe took our time getting packed up after a fairly cold morning and a morning walk. Had showers in preparation for no showers in KNP. Got to Dales Campground around 12.30pm and snagged the second last caravan site Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 12, 2014