- October 2014 Around the world and then some, Part IThe following blog entry describes a long trip. "Around the World" tickets are cost effective but a little complicated. This trip is both an around the world trip combined with a massive "around the Caspian" trip thrown Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Oct 15, 2014
- WaikerieSaturday 11th
We visited the shops (such as there there) to check out necessary items before am departure tomorrow. Returning to the Park it was when I went to roll the awning down that the damage was noted. However, a flat Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Oct 15, 2014
- Martins Bend to WaikerieFriday 10th
Martins Bend to Waikerie Caravan Park. Because of possible adverse weather we decided to leave the Berri area and head to Waikerie, also on the Murray River. First we headed into town as there was some demand to visit Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Oct 15, 2014
- Buronga to Martins BendThursday 9th
Buronga to Martins Bend (C6 # 163) near Berri. This morning Adrian and Rilla advised, that due to urgent family reasons they would be returning home. We understood their situation and wished them both Godspeed. The previous plan had Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Oct 15, 2014
- BurongaWednesday 8th
Off to Bunnings to get some suitable screws to keep the microwave fixed in its compartment. That was the easy bit as we had a number of tricky bits to get it fitted, however, the task proved rather difficult Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Oct 15, 2014
- Lesmurdie Falls[center][/center]
Lesmurdie falls are located in Lesmurdie Falls Posted by Goannaray in Exploring with Goannaray | Oct 15, 2014
- Preparations OngoingThis trip has a 49 Day Cruise at its focus. We sail on the Ruby Princess from Ft Lauderdale on 31 January 215. We'll be flying from Canberra on the 29[sup]th[/sup] with only a change of aircraft in Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Oct 15, 2014
- Home again!We landed in Sydney this morning about 45 min early, and arrived at home about 10am. The flight was good except that the entertainment system didn't show anything except the flight plan. Luckily we had books/ipods, and managed to sleep Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 15, 2014
- Day 27Day 27
Decision day today; do I take the shortlist route and the Murray Hill, or do I go the southern route and try to avoid the worst hill?
The day started with a nice breakfast, accompanied by a Canadian/Australian family who Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Oct 15, 2014
- Day 26Day 26
The planned early start wasn't going to happen. The bar only opened at 8:30 and I had to hand in my key and get some water (the water in the room wasn't drinkable).
The ride into Keith, a little over Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Oct 15, 2014
- Day 25Day 25
The 50 km ride turned into a long one after all. Having started the day late because it was going to be a short one anyway I was convinced that skipping breakfast wasn't going to be an issue.
The Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Oct 15, 2014
- Epilogue: Seattle to Perth, Western AustraliaEpilogue: Seattle to Perth, Western Australia
1 – 12 January 2013
A slight trauma and the last stretch
A lovely Christmas was had in Seattle with my family and then it was time to head back to my home in Perth, Weste Posted by IvaS in Overland Ulaanbaatar to Seattle | Oct 15, 2014
- Uluru - Trip 3 of 3So the third and final little excursion was to Uluru and Alice Springs. Or Ayers Rock to those who don't speak the native language. (I don't either, but I like Uluru better).
The plane in took us right near Uluru so Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Oct 14, 2014
- thankfulSo here I am sitting here on night duty, in a lull period talking to the other girls about their upcoming travel plans when suddenly it hits me.
I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. I have a Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Oct 13, 2014
- OUR 'NEW' FIXED ABODEOUR NEW FIXED ABODE
42 Melaleuca Court
Tea Gardens Grange
33-93 Spinifex Avenue
TEA GARDENS NSW 2423
Well, well, who would have thought that we would buy for our New Fixed Abode, a beautiful 3-bedroom house in a Retirement Resort of all places Posted by twodubfers in Seeing Australia | Oct 12, 2014
- ...And Back Down SouthAllen and I left Brisbane on October 5th for the long journey back to Kiera and Andrew's house in Sydney. We focused mostly on camping on the beach on the way up and decided to try to find some Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Oct 12, 2014
- DerbyDerby, pronounced Derby not Darby, (just trying to help you sound like a local!)
We arrived in Derby seeking relief from the heat. Not sure if that has worked, but we are at least on the coast, so we get Posted by Hibberson5 in Five go off in a caravan | Oct 12, 2014
- Tasmanien - Overlander Track VIDie Schritte beschleunigen sich, so kalt war kein Morgen, die kleine Moorebene ist überzogen mit weißem Frost.
[i Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | Oct 12, 2014
- Tasmanien - Overlander Track VIch trete aus der Tür und die übliche feuchte Kälte empfängt mich. Angier ist bereits auf dem Pfad, wir verabredeten ein Treffen an der nächsten Hütte. Ich stapfe ungelenk durch die Wälder und brauche wie immer eine gewisse Zeit mit Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | Oct 12, 2014
[center][i]Brisbane is my favorite city in Australia.
Why ? I know everybody love Melbourne and prefer so far Melbourne than Brisbane.
For me, the weather in Brissy is so much Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Oct 11, 2014
- Sydney to Canberra - Friday, 10 October 2014 and EpilogueHad a pretty good night's sleep, only woke up a couple of times. The bed and pillows are DIVINE! I don't want to get out of it. Thanks to Phil, who coughs all over the place, I Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Oct 11, 2014
- Cape Tribulation, Port Doublas and CairnsIts quite refreshing not to have to travel thousands of kilometres to get to the next destination. We left Cooktown early Tuesday morning and arrived in Port Douglas just before lunchtime (the total distance for the day was about 260k). Posted by Ash-Clauds in Around Australia in 6 months | Oct 11, 2014
- And the coordinates are .... . . .AND THE COORDINATES FOR OUR
(downsized as opposed to upsized!)
“FIXED ABODE” ARE . . . .
Latitude: S 32deg 39’ 28.367”
Longitude: E 152deg 8’ 39.972”
HOPE I HAVE CALCULATED THE Posted by twodubfers in Seeing Australia | Oct 10, 2014
- Australian Street Food - Harry's Cafe DeWheels Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Oct 10, 2014
- The Night BeforeWell we are all packed (finally). We believe that we are fully prepared for the cold. Thankfully I received a work jacket today which is going to do the trick. It's going to be an early night Posted by Chernelle in New Zealand Adventure | Oct 10, 2014