- Day 5 and 6Arrived Broome around midday and straight away found a campsite. We are at the Beachfront Caravan and Camping Park. We are virtually on the beach with just a low seawall between us and the water.
The first day here was mainly Posted by BobnJo-Elsbury in Kimberley Adventure | Apr 8, 2014
- Day 4After De Grey River it was an easy drive to Sandfire Roadhouse. We stopped at Pardoo but because it was still early we carried on.
Sandfire is much much better than Nanutarra, but not as good as Billabong.
Sandfire has resident Posted by BobnJo-Elsbury in Kimberley Adventure | Apr 8, 2014
- Day 3After Nanutarra we called in at Fortescue Roadhouse for breakfast, then drove to South Hedland where we refuelled, the drove to the De Grey River crossing for the night.
This particular spot I knew from when I worked at Goldsworthy Mining. Posted by BobnJo-Elsbury in Kimberley Adventure | Apr 8, 2014
- Day 2Day 2 we drove from Billabong through to Nanutarra Roadhouse. Another long drive, fortunately I'm not the only driver.
Carnarvon is still a good place not to be, really showing growing pains. I must say though that the plantations have recovered Posted by BobnJo-Elsbury in Kimberley Adventure | Apr 8, 2014
- Day 1We got away from home at 8.30 AM after the usual have we got this, have we got that, and still leaving some things behind.
We drove through to Billabong Roadhouse, via Brand Highway to Geraldton, and Northampton.
To save time (and Posted by BobnJo-Elsbury in Kimberley Adventure | Apr 3, 2014
- Days 43 - 52Friday 28th March
Not much to report today, more interviews for Ian, and work for me and then dinner. Sydney is all about sticking to a budget, interviews, and seeing potential living areas
Saturday 29th March
We got up and took the Posted by DanieandIan in Ian and Danielle's BIG Adventure | Apr 7, 2014
- Days 22 - 23 Mildura to Nyah
Day 22 Mildura to Hattah
Daylight saving ended at 2.00 am this morning so we were supposed to have an extra hour in bed last night. Didn’t make much difference though as our internal c Posted by Bobnhiroe in 2014 Trip to Victoria | Apr 7, 2014
- WHERE WE'LL BEMay 11-12: Byron Bay to Sydney to Istanbul
May 12-19: Istanbul
May 20: Leave Istanbul, heading for Ayvalik
Last 10 days or so of May: Greek Islands
Beginning of June: Peloponnese
Middle of June: Nor Posted by kforge in Kevin and Jeni's Travels 2014 | Apr 6, 2014
- Two days and counting....A large part of travelling is excitement in the planning and anticipation - trying to think of last minutes things and packing for such a variety of climates and experiences a little more challenging than I suspected. And starting Posted by Hilary'stravels in Final preparations | Apr 6, 2014
- Port Smith Lagoon, LagrangeWe travelled another 230kms North then decided to leave the bitumen and follow a 23km dirt track into Port Smith Caravan Park situated on a tidal lagoon in the middle of nowhere. The Caravan Park was really nice, very quiet Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Apr 6, 2014
- 80 Mile BeachNext stop 80 Mile Beach, there is nothing here except a Caravan Park and a fantastic Beach with the most amazing assortment of shells. The thing that really surprised us were the massive tides, 9 metres difference between low and Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Apr 6, 2014
- De Grey RiverWe are on the move again, we left Karratha this morning and have headed North to Port Hedland. After a quick drive through the mining town we decided to keep moving and before long we found and awesome free camping Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Apr 6, 2014
- Port Macquarie to Bright - 5th & 6th April 2014SATURDAY 5TH APRIL 2014
We left Port Macquarie bright and early Saturday morning, meeting up with Aitch & Jo at the Kew junction.
Today is basically a travel day, luckily the weather gods were good to us and the rain disappeared.
Although quite Posted by MKaye in Half Way Round | Apr 6, 2014
- Sunday 6th AprilHere we are at Narrabeen Caravan Park (5km from home) after our first night away, and we are all truly shattered. I can't believe how long everything took to sort and pack at home. Then there was Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Apr 5, 2014
- Trips for 2014Another year, another trip - YEAH. We are so lucky to be travelling again this year. This year starts in June with Gary's trip to the Galapagos Islands. I'm not sure yet when and where after that, but it's going Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Apr 5, 2014
- Still at MilduraDay 20 At Mildura
We all went in our car the Merbein and then on to Wentworth. We came across an old Convent school at Wentworth – it is a lovely old building which has been restored by the National Posted by Bobnhiroe in 2014 Trip to Victoria | Apr 5, 2014
- 213 DAYS, 10 COUNTRIES - THE END
TUESDAY 1ST APRIL 2014 (DAY 213)
Well, here we are, day 213!
Ten countries later and we are at our last day of our 2013/14 adventure. Tonight we fly back to Australi Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Apr 4, 2014
- Cities, Road Trips, Great Friends and a sad goodbyeIt seems ages since we wrote our last update and we have had a really varied set of travels, from the red centre we flew to Adelaide to once again see city life. Adelaide was a shock, mainly because the Posted by CandL in The BIG Trip | Apr 4, 2014
- Off AgainWith only 5 weeks to go!!!! Count down & counting. Before you know it we will be back home.
Went quilting today & then went with Kay to take our quilts out to Thirroul. The Seaside Festival
Is on Saturday & Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | Apr 3, 2014
- The Stunning Great Ocean RoadWe are actually feeling very lucky.....about 5 minutes behind us on the road between Horsham and Portland an elderly couple in their 4x4 and caravan collided with a rental motorhome, killing 1 and seriously injuring 6. The only evidence we Posted by Crazy Poupes in Second Time Around! | Apr 3, 2014
- A final itinerary.Hiya!
12 days out from the trip we have only just finalised the route we will be taking. It will include world famous landmarks such as Derby, cultural hot-spots like Halls Creek and the eighth Wonder of the World, Meekatharra. Posted by liseylou in The Richo Family Work Trip | Apr 3, 2014
- Big Bend Lookout on the Murray to Mildura
Day 18 Big Bend Lookout on the Murray to Martins Bend near Berri
What a rough night it was last night. During the night a VERY heavy wind came up and really shook the Posted by Bobnhiroe in 2014 Trip to Victoria | Apr 3, 2014
- Chapter 16 (The Final One): Sadly leaving the summer behind!Der Tag unseres Aufbruchs aus dem unterm Strich wohl schönsten auf unserer Reise besuchten Flecken Erde, dem Leeuwin-Naturaliste Nationalpark, wurde eine Fahrt in den Sonnenschein. Der Regen nahm bald ein Ende, ging in Margaret River in normale Bewölkung Posted by NoUturners in Let's do summer ... | Apr 2, 2014
- Melbourne and last week of AustraliaFlew to Melbourne from Cairns which took around 3 and half hours, so not too long.
When got to Melbourne had a day to catch up with my friends and also buy a few last minute things before renting a car Posted by chelle323 in Australia 2013 | Apr 2, 2014
- EmeraldWednesday 2 April 2014
Music does bring people together. We were sitting at the picnic shelter at the dam this morning and practicing, when a van full of people pulled up and a lady jumped out and said "Hey Mr Posted by jamison 2014 in Mike and Wendy's Gap Year | Apr 1, 2014