- En route to Port HedlandWe put in a big days drive (for us) on leaving Bullara Station. Such a varied landscape. Spinafex covered sand dunes opening out to flat grasslands, then back to shrubby/stoney dry creeks with a tinge of green and on Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Jul 14, 2016
- Bullara Station stayHey, did you see the extra photos we recently uploaded? A bit mismatched to our blog but we're working on that! 😊
From Coral Bay, we had to get on the move towards Port Hedland for a 6 week Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Jul 14, 2016
- Kings Canyon - Day 6
A very early rise for us this morning - 4.30am to get ready for a pickup at reception, for today we are having our very first hot air balloon ride. The hotel provided us with 2 Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 14, 2016
- Alice Springs - Day 5
We easily woke up before out alarms kicked in for 5.30am this morning and after taking turns in the bathroom we packed our things and headed down for breakfast. Breakfast was the usual Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 14, 2016
- Bullara Station stay was greatYannarie River free camping and Bullara Station stay
We passed through Paraburdoo just to catch up on some grocery shopping. It is a pretty town with clear indications (as is the case with most mining towns) of the local mine (Rio Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jul 14, 2016
- Ayr to RavenswoodWe left Bowen and our first stop was Home Hill - only to stop at the Visitor Information Centre before going over the engineering feat bridge spanning the Burdekin to Ayr.
We had Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Jul 13, 2016
- Day 2After the horrendously windy night, we packed up and prepared to make our way into the Flinders Ranges. To get there we came across a few cute little towns. To get to Murray Town we went through Germein Gorge. It Posted by BelindaS in All Aussie Adventures | Jul 13, 2016
- 12 Apostles - Day 4
We were up at 4am today but being winter it was still pitch dark until 7.30am and the hailstones continued to batter the roof and windows all morning. We were getting quite worried tha Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 13, 2016
- Great Ocean Road - Day 3
The kids really felt the jet lag this morning as they were up at 4am! Told them to go back to sleep but the basically entertained themselves on their phones/ipods until we woke up at 7am. Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 13, 2016
- Melbourne - Day 2
Our changeover from Singapore to Virgin Australia was very smooth. Whilst we did have to collect and re-check-in our luggage we did not have to go very far at all (just past boarder control) Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 13, 2016
- Australia Trip 2016 - Day 1
It’s day one of the Jagpal’s Australia blog - for those that followed last year’s China blog I hope this will be just as informative and keeps you abreast of our travels. This trip is a Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 13, 2016
- Day 28Up and left the van park by 6am. Quick stop for coffee ans breaky at the bakery before leaving town.
On the way out of town we stopped for the usual sunrise photos haha.
30km out of town i Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 13, 2016
- Day 27Another long day of driving today,695 km and 7 hours 15 minutes.
Had a few stops along the way to check out the little and not so little towns we passed through.
First up Longreach.
Longreach was the home of Qantas , Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 13, 2016
- Before I goSo, I've booked the safari, the flights, had the vaccinations and bought the anti-malaria medication. I've bought a 65 litre backpack, and borrowed a compact sleeping bag and silk liner. I'v Posted by chrispix64 in Ceebee goes to Africa | Jul 12, 2016
- Australian CuriositiesOver the 7 weeks we were in Australia there were a few kooky things we picked up on that we found interesting and/or a little odd. Here are some of our favourites.
* Proliferation of road signs.
For whatever reason, Posted by advensha in Advensha | Jul 11, 2016
- Day 26, discovering dinosaursEarly rise this morning, 5am on the road at 6, headed towards winton.
Arrived about 11am, checked in to the van park, disconnected, set uo then hit the road again to find some dinosaurs!
Short drive down the highway bought us to Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 11, 2016
- Lawn Hill GorgeWe stayed at Adels Grove while visiting Lawn Hill Gorge. The grove had an amazing waterhole to swim in, we loved floating along in the tubes.
It was a short drive to visit the Riversleigh fossils where we saw fossils Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jul 11, 2016
- Perth, Fremantle and Rottnest islandOur last two weeks we rented a lovely Air BNB in Fremantle to sell our beloved car and camping equipment and explore Perth and surrounds. We managed to sell beautiful Bruce and relax for a few days. We spent a Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | Jul 11, 2016
- Karumba – Gulf of CarpentariaWe went to the Normanton River in the southern part of the Gulf of Carpentaria. The Barramundi discovery centre showed us how they breed Barra to release into the wild, we got to feed some of the Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jul 11, 2016
- Koalas, Wind and WhalesWe have had some rocky weather since my last post.
An afternoon and night was spent sheltering at Tumby Bay from strong wind and rain. The caravan has a leak through the front window,
which looks pretty with duct tape - Posted by BazandMaz in East to West Exploring the Nullabor. | Jul 11, 2016
- Day 9-10: Adelaide City and Glenelg BeachhouseOur last 2 days in Adelaide were spent visiting the city centre then taking the boys to a place called the Beachhouse (a fun park right next to the Winterfest Ice Skating whose highlight was 3 awesome waterslides...brrrrr!)
Our trip into Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 3, 2016
- Day 12-14: Victor HarborVictor Harbor felt like a double up of almost everything!
Day 1 was wet and wild so we:
- bought the foulest coffee in town (word of advice, don't visit the 'Coffee Palace' if you are ever in this part of the Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 1So day 1.
I’ll try my best to make this exciting for you, our fellow adventurers, but I won’t promise anything.
After a glorious day competing and celebrating Adam and I packed up and headed off into the South Australian distance (destination Posted by BelindaS in All Aussie Adventures | Jul 10, 2016
- Australia: Narara and Sydney No. 2On the morning of our departure from Melbourne Claire very kindly drove us to an area called Coburg to collect our next and final relocation vehicle. This time we were driving back to Sydney in one fell swoop - 860km, Posted by advensha in Advensha | Jul 10, 2016
- Day 25Kind of long biring day for the kiddlets today, ended up being just on 12hrs in the car, they were so good though, not too much winging, thank heavens for electronic devices hahaha..
Left Cape Crawford headed towards Barkley Homestead then Posted by It's the Magins in Magins in the outback | Jul 10, 2016