- Kalbarri #2After our trip into the National Park we had a lovely afternoon sightseeing in Kalbarri.
First stop was Rainbow Jungle. This is the Australian Parrot Breeding Centre - so lots of beautiful birds! Also some exotic species. Some Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Aug 19, 2015
- To KalbarriLeaving Denham and heading back down the North West Coastal Highway, we were initially amazed at the uniform height of the bushland - it went for kilometres like this:
Heading south we came t Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Aug 19, 2015
- Big Rocks, Small RocksWhat a day we have had, and one full of unexpected surprises. We had another early start; up at 5:30 and out of camp at 6:15am. I had slept reasonably well until about 4ish when I needed to go Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 19, 2015
- Journey to the Red CentreWe were certainly up early this morning, but perhaps not feeling quite so bright. We knew we were due to be picked up from the hotel at about 6am so wanted to be up an hour before. We needed to Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 19, 2015
- Nanutarra to Coral Bay About 300 kms to Coral bay but arrived early afternoon and just as well as caravan site extremely busy with many long term inmates!!
Had a chicken run on the road passing a slow caravan but all ok!!
Given a tiny Posted by Adlard Trip in Kimberly | Aug 18, 2015
- Days 70 to 72 Sunday Aug 16 day 70
Left Kalbarri and drove out of town to Red Bluff Lookout where we did the walk out to the point and took some photos.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by bobandhiroe2015 in 2015 Trip Around Oz | Aug 18, 2015
- The Art of Herakovic Cooking Welcome to the cooking edition of our blog. I talk about it enough, so I suddenly realized maybe I should post a few of the ones we have described (that I have access to). Cool right? Okay well I thought Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Aug 18, 2015
- Top 8 Tasmanian Beaches
Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about my favourite Tasmanian beaches. They’re calling my name. I’m about ready to hit the road again in Wanda, an old beautiful [[http://www.gumtre Posted by kirstygirl in Tassie Travels | Aug 17, 2015
- Noosa Heads National Park - QLD
Noosa is located approximately 136 kilometres (85 mi) north of Brisbane
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/large_Alexandria_Bay_Panorami Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jul 19, 2015
- To Shark Bay - Denham & Monkey MiaWe left Carnarvon and continued to be amazed by the wildflowers - no more Sturts Desert Peas - but carpets of purple peas and yellow daisies.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/738015/IMG_8 Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Aug 17, 2015
- Sydney and BeyondChinese Friendship Garden
Hi it's Emma here. On Friday, we went to the Chinese Friendship Garden. It was near Darling Harbour, Sydney. CFG was a beautiful Chinese garden. It was a garden with trees, rivers and Chinese houses. A Chinese house Posted by flozzy76 in Carving Australia in Half! | Aug 17, 2015
- Spending the Winter in SydneyIt's been a while since I updated my blog! The last couple of months I have been working in a [[https://www.zomato.com/sydney/ten-buck-alley-darlinghurst|little coffee shop]] in Darlinghurst, Sydney to save up some money for my/our next road trip. The pl Posted by JulieSm in Heading to the Kimberley | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 28- Plane To AustraliaIt was very sad to leave Africa and all the animals and samosas, but I was excited to get home. I couldn't believe that my month of travelling was now over. I had, had so many great experiences that Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Fortescue Road House to Nanutarra Road House Easy journey from Fortescue which was a poor site to Nanutarra Road House which is posh and got the best site as first here. Site filled up quite quickly later on in the pm. 170 kms drive and now fairly Posted by Adlard Trip in Kimberly | Aug 16, 2015
- A Lot Has ChangedWe have just over a week to go and we've not previously endured such a tumultuous period leading up to a cruise. The most significant has been the move to Coral Park and the settling into the unit. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Aug 16, 2015
- South Headland to Fortescue Road House Up early to get on the road to Fortescue Road House near to Karratha. 290 klms but quite uneventful but scenery changed with some hills thrown in to make it more exciting.
Fortescue fairly basic but glad to be here. Posted by Adlard Trip in Kimberly | Aug 15, 2015
- Sandfire to South Hedland Met the same stroppy people at Pardoo who blocked us in the petrol station!!
Lots of dead cows along the road but otherwise ok. Jennie had booked Bertie into the Vets for suspected ear problems but found to be just Posted by Adlard Trip in Kimberly | Aug 15, 2015
- Broome to Sandfire Broome to Sandfire and and easy drive staying awake all the way!!
Stopped at the roadside at Shamrock Market Garden to buy fresh melons and honey and tomatoes, delicious
Met stroppy caravanners at Sandfire who bagged adjoining sites!! Again cows and Posted by Adlard Trip in Kimberly | Aug 15, 2015
- Days 65 to 69Tues 11th Aug Day 65
This morning we went for a drive out to the Cape range National Park. We called into the Park Information Centre before travelling out to Mandu Mandu Gorge. We have walked this track Posted by bobandhiroe2015 in 2015 Trip Around Oz | Aug 15, 2015
- Port Macquarie is for koalasPort's main tourist draw, apart from the beaches, is the koala hospital. It's a cute little thing, run solely on donations and volunteer work. Port has quite a high koala population in and around the city, and apparently the grumpy Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Aug 14, 2015
- Plum Gorgeous Rainforest Retreat, Noosa - QLD
My next stop was a little pocket of paradise!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/A2 Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jul 13, 2015
- 14. More Beautifulissimo BeachesAs we travel along the deserted road through mile after mile of Aussie bush, our conversation might go something like this: “Has the rapture happened and we have been left behind?” Martin wants to know. “Yes, it’s a bit of Posted by Outbackaus in Two Kiwis Go Outback | Aug 14, 2015
- A Town That's AliceAlthough our bunks were comfortable enough, neither of us slept particularly soundly. In part this was due in part to the fact that at times the train would stop for quite a while and when it did you found yourself Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 14, 2015
- I can't believe I'm doing thisIt's been the coldest winter in Melbourne in over 25 years. That, combined with the fact I've been to China twice in the past 4 weeks and managed to pick up "the Lurgi", I'm moving like a piece of road Posted by Stephenhanlon in Tour d'Afrique - Bamboo Road | Aug 14, 2015
- 13. Karijini National ParkWe drive slowly along the suburban street, peering at the small houses.
“Yes, I think these are some of the houses we built in ‘68 and ‘69. The large bricks, the decramastic roofing tiles, the plain aluminium frames on the Posted by Outbackaus in Two Kiwis Go Outback | Aug 13, 2015