- Time to Leave Magnetic IslandIt's my final few days here and sadly there'll be no more time for exploring. With my boss away I'm running the resort till I go, so it's time to start packing and enjoy my final sunset views of the Posted by JustJen in Australia | Nov 11, 2016
- Coober Pedy, William Creek, Lake Eyre SAWe left our lake camp at record time for us - we were away by 9am! We left early as the temperature was expected to reach 40C, so wanted to get into Cooper Pedy as early as possible.
Brian re Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 11, 2016
- Melbourne Bound - Sea Day TwoThe ship was lively this morning as we rocked our way East across the Great Australian Bight. The wind was up, the temperature down and sections of the open decks closed. There was no visible sun for a Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 11, 2016
- Nov 11 - Kuranda Village, QLDToday was our last day in the Cairns area. We took a trip up a mountain in the Macalister Range to a small artisan village called Kuranda. The village is located in the middle of the rainforests of the Barron Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 11, 2016
- Goodbye Wernadinga... Hello civilisation Well, Where to begin? Where we left off would probably be a good place to start I think. A lot has happened since last we blogged, so make a cup of tea turn your phone off and have a break Posted by Benannatravels in South East Asia and Australia | Nov 10, 2016
- Nov 10 - Cairns
View from our hotel room balcony!
It's defin Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 10, 2016
- Melbourne Bound - Sea Day OneA brisk cold breeze greeted me this morning as I wandered the upper decks to find a vantage point for the sunrise. Fortunately the ship's course was not directly in line with the rising sun as the forward superstructure Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 10, 2016
- Nov 9 - travel day to Cairns, QueenslandWe said goodbye to our beach cabin and to Janie & John. Final cabin score: Martyn 5, spiders 🕷 2 (I found them both floating in the toilet!)
John and Janie kindly drove us back to Adelaide (2.5h drive). Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 9, 2016
- Visit to Busselton WAAfter a leisurely trip from Fremantle the ship arrived off the town of Busselton which sits on the shore of Geographe Bay in the Margaret River region of Southwest Western Australia. She is anchored about 2 nautical miles Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 9, 2016
- 250km south of Coober Pedy, SAWe left Roxby Downs at a very respectable 11:30am - we didn't have a long way to travel, given we wanted to break up the journey to Coober Pedy. We travelled around 100km to get back onto the Stuart Highway.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/58150 Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 8, 2016
- Port of FremantleA chilly breeze greeted us to the Port of Fremantle as the ship manoeuvred into her assigned berth ahead of Holland America's Maasdam. For the first time in seven weeks we had mobile network coverage and we made contact Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 8, 2016
- Nov 8 - last day in Port BroughtonThe four of us hit the Port Broughton pub for lunch today. After lunch, we played the pokies, aka slot machines. Every pub appears to have them. It took no time at all to spend our coinage and Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 7, 2016
- 2018 tripRonda & I have started planning our around Oz trip
Posted by Kevinbrien in R&K Doing Oz | Nov 7, 2016
- Destination Fremantle - Sea Day ThreeThis morning's sunrise failed to deliver any notable images. The buffeting wind and the ship's motion created havoc with the camera's auto-focus mechanisms. The temperature has also dropped dramatically causing me to reconsider my sandals, shorts and sh Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 7, 2016
- Nov 7 - Port Pirie, SAToday we spent Martyn's Ottawa time birthday in Port Pirie. This is an industrial town, focusing on ore processing and shipping. The architecture is over 150 years old, some buildings having been abandoned along with much of the Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 6, 2016
- Destination Fremantle - Sea Day TwoThe sun rose into a featureless sky as we continued our route Southward to Fremantle. The usual trip to the Horizon Court for breakfast and was surprised that there were no prunes on offer. I've been eating a Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 6, 2016
- Woomera, Roxby Downs, Andamooka and Olympic Dam, SABefore heading further north to Roxby Downs we checked out the museums in Woomera. There were lots of old rockets on display, along with some interesting history of Woomera.
[img=http://photos. Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 6, 2016
- Nov 6 - Birthday Day!Martyn has turned the big 7-0!!
We started the day with our beach walk before breakfast. Today's score: Martyn 3, spiders 🕷 0
After eating, we walked to Janie's and John's. It is only a 10-minute walk, the first half Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 6, 2016
- Australia-Blue Mountains - Katoomba circuit trek.The plan - to walk from Katoomba to Tarros Ladders than to Kanangaroo Clearing and double-back to Dunphy's camping area. Very easy hike which would let us to enjoy the beauty of the Blue Mountains without much strain. Or was Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 6, 2016
- Destination Fremantle - Sea Day OneThe sun rose this morning to a sky with scattered clouds somewhat less dense than those recently encountered. The event was less than spectacular but kept me entertained for almost an hour as I tried to capture the best Posted by greynomadm in 2016-09 UK to Sydney | Nov 5, 2016
- Rylstone, Farm and family
Today is the travel home to Melbourne day. After yesterday's big adventure's we had dinner at the hotel and fell into bed. The morning is blue sky and crisp air as we bade farewell to Canberra. It was a trip Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Nov 5, 2016
- Nov 5 - Port Broughton, Day 2Hot day followed by a very cool night. Yesterday we had the a/c on in the cabin and by this morning we had to turn on the heat. It is their spring here. Fishing is still very popular here so Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 5, 2016
- 2 Months OutEverything is in place for our adventure. All passports, visas and permits done, Boarding pass and luggage tags downloaded and printed. We look forward to January 11th eagerly. However, apart from arranging our holiday we are also waiting to learn Posted by Acudoc2007 in Circumnavigation of South America | Nov 4, 2016
- Alice SpringsWell we made it into Alice with minutes to spare. Pulled up in the campground of the Gap View Hotel. The big screens were on - the bar was packed - seemed as though most were pumping up Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Nov 4, 2016
- Nov 4 - Port Broughton, SAIt was a lovely 2.5h drive from Adelaide to Port Broughton, where Janie and John live. They live in a new retirement development, comprising 45 two- and three-bedroom bungalows. Also part of the development is a community centre which Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 4, 2016