- Maryborough Next destination after quite a big drive is the small town of Maryborough. It used to be a place where migrants arrived, the 2nd biggest after (not sure if I remember well) Sydney. Now it’s just a small town. We Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | May 11, 2015
- Gympie, Rainbow beach and Inskip peninsulaWe had breakfast in Gympie and walked around the town. Nothing special there, so we continued towards the Rainbow beach. We visited the infocenter, after which we walked to Carlo’s Sandblow, which is a large ‘pile’ of sand between the Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | May 11, 2015
- The Pinnacles, Nambung National Park - WA
The North or Western Australia is a vast area of diverse landscape and stunning scenery. the Indian Ocean Coastline offers uninhabited islands, coral reefs, breath taking cliff Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Apr 19, 2015
- Check out the local wildlife, mate!Brisbane - Noosa
Next stop after Byron was to visit Etaoin in Brisbane with the idea of spending around 4 nights at her place. For those of you who are not familiar with Etaoin, she is one of Gill's best Posted by Bernard.loughra in Nicola and Bernard's World Trip | May 11, 2015
- Fremantle - WA
Fremantle is one of Western Australia's most historic cities. A wealth of 19th century buildings remains, including superb examples from the gold rush period.
Founded o Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Apr 6, 2015
- Dragon Boat Racing - WA
In a bid to get away from the tourist route, I wanted to see the 2015 National Championships - Dragon Boat Racing, held at Champion Lakes.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/7210 Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Apr 17, 2015
- Day 20: Tocumwal - homeIt was not an early start ..... we left Town Beach at around 1130am and then checked out the local market which claimed to have around 200 stalls. Zayney especially liked the dog biscuit stall, where she conned the stall Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | May 9, 2015
- 3 Weeks Setting up blog test page Posted by megwiele in United Kingdom and Scotland | May 9, 2015
- Western Australian Museum, Perth - WA
A gateway to Western Austrlia's natural and social history, from the beginning of the universe to contemporary times.
It Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Apr 20, 2015
- Day 19: Billabourie - TocumwalAll good things must come to an end ... time to leave Billabourie, but we'll be back!
Before we left, Brian got out his Drone to check out the area, while Zayney stretched her legs:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/581504/180_FE5154BEC122701B0 Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | May 8, 2015
- Day 18: Billabourie (Hillston), NSWZayney just loves Billabourie. She loves exploring, and has been continually twirling and prancing with excitement - it's great to see 😀
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | May 8, 2015
- Coober PedyWe knew we were getting near Coober Pedy when the mounds of dirt, pulled out of opal mines, loomed in the distance. On the outskirts of CP there is a memorial to John McDouall Stuart - the explorer who Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvan | May 7, 2015
- Starting OutToo many impatient people wanting updates on stuff I haven't done yet and places I am yet to get to... Posted by VP28802 in Japan | May 7, 2015
- The Highway to Woomera and BeyondLeaving Port Augusta and the smell of lovely salty air - we headed North towards Woomera - a variety of landscapes from red dirt saltbush plains to mulga to salt lakes to gibber to red sand - - becoming progressively Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvan | May 7, 2015
- Getting ReadyWe (well really Darren, Amie has got it pretty easy) are getting ready to head off on a trip of a lifetime around Australia.
Amie has all items ready for the van and trailer but just waiting for it be Posted by AmieDarren in Amie & Darren around Australia 2015 | May 7, 2015
- Departure from SydneyTue 28th
We went to near Penrith to have some awning bars fitted to make our awning more stable in winds.
Then up the Great Western Highway to Mt Victoria via all the towns including Katoomba etc. There we went across to Posted by skinsy11 in Sydney to Perth 2015 | May 7, 2015
- Back to WAIts been a while since we blogged, we have got home and been caught in a whirlwind of business! However we wanted to finish the story of Oz, so here it is...
We ended the last few days of SA with Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | May 7, 2015
- Lake Macquarie things to do on a rainy day Youtube link==[[https://youtu.be/ECqE45lWsns|CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO]]== Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | May 7, 2015
- Wave Rock - WA
Western Australia's southeast is a sparsely populated, flat region of extreme aridity and limited fresh water. Vast stretches of its red, dusty landscape are inhabited by small mining co Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Apr 21, 2015
- Day 17: Cobar - Billabourie (Hillston) NSWWe've travelled this journey along the Kidman Way 4 times now, and still love it. It's pretty arid with lots of goats, kangaroos and a few emus to spot (and avoid) along the way.
Here is some of the scenery along Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | May 6, 2015
- Day 16: Paroo NP - Cobar, NSWThe trip from Paroo Darling National Park to Cobar was a pretty easy 300km once we completed the return journey along the dirt road. We've been to Cobar three times so didn't do any of the touristy stuff this time Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | May 6, 2015
- Sydney, AUSDay 13-17 - April 30-May 4
Statistically, the average 4 day period in May should experience 23.6 hours of sunshine. Outliers are a bitch.
I experienced 1 hour. The four days of my first visit to Australia are best characterized as wet. Posted by evancampbell in I Climb Mountains? | May 6, 2015
- Day 14-15 White Cliffs to Paroo-Darling NPWe were undecided where to head next but thought we would head to Louth via an unmade road. After asking in Wilcannoa about the state of the road, we decided to 'give it a go'.
After about 50km of dirt road Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | May 5, 2015
- Locked, in the boot!Byron Bay - Brisbane
After the cocktail party had come to a close we woke up to a quiet hostel in Port Macquarie and made our lunch quickly before heading out early on the road north to Byron Bay. In Posted by Bernard.loughra in Nicola and Bernard's World Trip | May 5, 2015
- Newcastle - Lake Macquarie - Springloaded Trampoline Park ==[[http://youtu.be/uTIWKldAHkI|CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO]]== Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | May 5, 2015