- Truffle hunting in the South East forests
We had booked onto the truffle hunt a few days before, not really sure what to expect but the sound of trained Labradors hunting for truffles, taste tests and wine appealed to us so we were excited. Luckily for us Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | Jun 14, 2016
- Recharging in Albany
It seemed our luck with the weather had ran out and we continued to get cold, windy rain. Since we had spent several nights and days in torrential rain we decided to look for a cabin or hotel around Albany Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | Jun 14, 2016
- Turkey to Germany and InbetweenA desire to take a trip to Turkey was the starting point for Celeste and myself. 2 years ago after returning from Europe we started to save and plan. The romance of Istanbul and the lure to see Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Jun 14, 2016
- BendigoBendigo is a vibrant contemporary regional centre, with beautiful streets created from one of the world’s greatest gold rushes. We are hoping that our visit will reveal new surprises and experiences. Bendigo is approximately 150 kilometres north west of Posted by NataleenKilburn in SLC Melbourne Immersion 13-17 June 2016 | Jun 14, 2016
- Ghosts? What Ghosts?At 7pm 30 students and 3 teachers headed across to the Old Melbourne Gaol [[http://www.oldmelbournegaol.com.au/]] to be taken on one of their famous Ghost Tours. At 7.05pm, after the general overview was delivered, 30 students and 2 teachers walked Posted by NataleenKilburn in SLC Melbourne Immersion 13-17 June 2016 | Jun 14, 2016
- Paluma National ParkWe camped in Paluma National Park at Big Crystal Creek. The swimming hole was amazing and we did lots of jumps off the rocks into the crystal clear water.
We drove to the waterfall at Little Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jun 14, 2016
- LucindaLucinda was our fishing destination. The jetty used for loading sugar cane was 5.7kms long and perfect for fishing around. Stephie got up early every day and spent the day fishing with Shane. She caught all the Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jun 14, 2016
- Who knew you could catch a cold in Australia! So last week, Anna attempted to make homemade spring rolls. She ended up waiting for Ben to come home to help her out with the roll technique. On the boat in Vietnam, we had a cooking lesson and Ben got Posted by BenAnna in South East Asia and Australia | Jun 14, 2016
- Errabiddy Bluff, MurchisonHave just spent 2 nights camped at the foot of Errabiddy Bluff - one of the stops along the outback pathways of this area. Did approx 160k's on the red dirt along the Butchers track and into camp which Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Jun 14, 2016
- Shark BayWe stopped in Denham for 3 nights at a caravan park doing the restocking, washing etc. Seemed like we'd driven back into Woomera SA - gravel ground, a bit stark but it suited our needs. A morning spent Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Jun 14, 2016
- Granite Belt to QuinalowOn arrival in the Granite Belt we tried one winery - Symphony Hill but found it some what over-priced. We stayed for 2 nights at the Glen Aplin Caravan Park.
Our first full day in the area we drove down to Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Jun 13, 2016
- And we would walk 500 milesWe walked and we walked and we walked.
Luckily we started the day with an awesome cooked breakfast because we were about to expend a lot of energy on our first tour of the day. After a 15 minute walk Posted by NataleenKilburn in SLC Melbourne Immersion 13-17 June 2016 | Jun 13, 2016
- Wheels Up to MelbourneIt's the end of a long , but wonderful, day in the Victorian capital as I write this. For some reason it seems more logical to work backwards as I reflect on the places we've been and things we've Posted by NataleenKilburn in SLC Melbourne Immersion 13-17 June 2016 | Jun 13, 2016
- We're leaving tomorrow==One Faculty
Five days in Melbourne, Victoria
Look out Melbourne, the Laurie's boys are heading your way soon .....==
Posted by NataleenKilburn in SLC Melbourne Immersion 13-17 June 2016 | Jun 11, 2016
- Kununurra is green and surrounded by waterKununurra (pop 6000)
Upon entering WA, we had a quarantine check of the car and caravan (no fresh fruit, veggies or honey) as there is a bacterial risk that can be carried by bees and infect pure stocks in WA.
Our Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jun 11, 2016
- Alstonville to Bald Rock National ParkWe spent four very enjoyable and relaxing days with our friends Rik and Lisa in Ballina - checking out the local area, playing board games and generally catching up.
Soon after the storm, we drove into Ballina to view the ocean Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Jun 10, 2016
- Airlie Beach and the WhitsundaysWe spent five days in Airlie Beach exploring the Whitsundays. Shane gave us our own private tour on his boat in between fishing spots!
Mum, Stephie, Claire and Laura spent a day on daydream island, it was very different to Posted by ovington in Queensland Trip | Jun 10, 2016
- On our way to Shark Bay and Monkey MiaEndured some more wet weather along the way - 2roadside stops along the Brand highway as we head towards Monkey Mia. Stopped at Galena bridge (riverside) and Nerren Neren rest stop. Had our first mouse encounter at Galena. - Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Jun 10, 2016
- Bringo LookoutFrom Ellendale Pool we moved to Bringo Lookout. It’s about 20 or so Ks east of Geraldton on the Mt Magnet Road. What a contrast. Perched up on a rocky outcrop facing West back to Geraldton. Spectacular sunsets Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Jun 10, 2016
- Ellendale PoolsHey, what a beaut spot. We spent 5 nights at this site - joined by our co-travellers for 2 of them. A majestic tall cliff face captured the light of a glowing sunset and formed a great backdrop to Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Jun 10, 2016
- Cliff HeadWe arrived at Cliff Head North on a beautiful fine day. There are a string of camps along the beach extending for a couple of kilometres at least. They are broken up into Cliff Head Sth, Cliff Head Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Jun 10, 2016
- Gregory National Park and Zebra Rock MineGregory National Park and Zebra Rock Mine
Our Trivia game: We had a gut feeling that the caravan and motorhome crowd outnumbered the road trains by 2 to 1. So to test this theory, we started counting vehicles coming towards us Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jun 10, 2016
- Harry at the airportWhen we were taking off some of the plane was on the ground and some was in the air. Posted by BenandHarry in O'Donohue's trip to England and Italy | Jun 9, 2016
- A very wet Stirling Range National Park
After leaving the Swan Valley very late we didn't think we could make our destination, The Stirling Range so headed through the countryside of Perth to the Dryandra Forrest. It was a wet and windy drive but it was all Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | Jun 8, 2016
- Indulging in the Swan ValleyWe headed south down the coast and it was a big shock when we hit the city suburbs. The traffic was relentless and it was a Saturday on a long weekend. It took us a while to get through the Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | Jun 8, 2016