- Another Day in the CityFriday we went into the city. Despite several of us having colds (no, Mom, I'm sure it's not because we went swimming in the ocean in the middle of winter!!!) (which is true because I already had a sore Posted by AlexAustralia in Australia Trip | Aug 10, 2014
- School Days and More PresentationsOn Wednesday and Thursday we were back in Hoppers Crossing. We went to Cambridge Primary school (like our elementary schools) as well as a Wyndham Central College and did presentations to the second school about our community and school. Posted by AlexAustralia in Australia Trip | Aug 10, 2014
- Melbourne - Längere Wanderungen zu altem und neuemIch muss mich auf meinen morgendlichen Gehörsinn verlassen, noch ungeschärft von der mal wieder die Bedürfnispyramide bestimmenden Cappuccinoration. Dort im Dunkeln ein Tapsen, da schlurfen müde Flipflops über verwaiste Gänge, unterdrücktes Röcheln und Hu Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | Aug 10, 2014
- Time for a break - Broome
"It is our standard practice as you know, under Operation Sovereign Borders, to report on any significant events regarding maritime operations at sea, particularly where there are safety o Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Aug 10, 2014
- Great Ocean Road TripOur delegation went on a two day road trip to see some of the coast and get some bonding! We stopped at the original RipCurl factory and did a little shopping there. We mostly went to beaches the Posted by AlexAustralia in Australia Trip | Aug 9, 2014
- Day 18 of our Caravanning holiday to Western AustraliaWe awake to a fine, sunny, clear day. First up, we decide to make our way to Lake Ballard and see sculptures by world renowned artist Antony Gormley, at one of Western Australia's most unusual and remote locations, a Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Aug 9, 2014
- Day 17 of our Caravanning holiday to Western AustraliaAt last we are on the road again and heading along the inland Great Northern Highway to Leinster where we hoped to spend the night. 65kms out from Kalgoorlie, the engine light came on again, grrr!!!
We had to Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Aug 9, 2014
- Days 13 -17 of our Caravanning holiday to Western AustraliaKalgoorlie, a city I will never forget for all the wrong reasons.
Our stay was meant to be for 2 nights, instead we stayed here for 6 nights, not by choice but by necessity.
Our car was booked in for a service Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Aug 9, 2014
- Injune, QueenslandHere is our departing photo from a Sapphire:
We are in Injune in August....
We traveled via Emerald (where we did our shopping) to Injune, which is a tiny town on Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Aug 9, 2014
- Day 1 Leaving AustraliaSaturday morning, getting ready to go to the airport. Posted by Ratherbesailing in Holiday 2014 | Jun 28, 2014
- AROUND AUSTRALIA Posted by Jan.Sam in Jan's Journeys | Aug 8, 2014
- 80 Mile BeachOur night at Sandfire Roadhouse was rewarded with a beautiful site at the 80 Mile Beach Caravan Park and the benefit of another full day here. The park is like an oasis, beautiful grassed areas, some palm trees, some Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Aug 8, 2014
- Day 12 of our Caravanning holiday to Western AustraliaMorning, and the sun was up and shining, nice to see after a very cold but peaceful night at Burra Rocks. We quickly packed our gear and soon were travelling along a dirt road for 55kms to the gold mining Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Aug 8, 2014
- Sapphire, QueenslandWe finally left Jericho ... It was a lovely place but Deb was getting a bit sick of the dust!
Here is Zayney waiting patiently in the car to leave:
Along the way Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Aug 8, 2014
- Sapphire Gemfields on the Tropic of CapricornWell, Sapphire has been a great experience in all sorts of ways. It's the driest part of the state we have seen so far and the locals can't recall when they last had any rain. Our camping ground Posted by twodubfers in Town of 1770 | Aug 8, 2014
- 8th August - Coffs HarbourWow! So a lot has happened since last time, including becoming a PROPER TRAVELLER!
We've left Sydney and have so far been to Newcastle (why-eye-man it wasn't - beautiful coastal town) and Coffs Harbour.
Newcastle was the least touristy place we've Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Aug 7, 2014
- Day 11 of our Caravanning holiday to Western AustraliaMost of the Caravanners were leaving Norseman today, just as we were. I think this Park is used mainly as a base for an overnight stop before and after crossing the Nullarbor Plain.
Today, we are heading north towards Kalgoorlie. Posted by balhannahrise in WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Aug 7, 2014
- Blog 8. Northern Territory - Central & NorthernAfter a relaxing few days at the Jalmurak campground in Elsey National Park we moved on north a little to the Nitmiluk National Park on the beautiful Edith River about 170 kms north. Some of our road legs are now Posted by Rambla in The Big Lap 2014/15 | Aug 6, 2014
- Back on the coast, and heading for TasIn preparation for our trip to Tassie we are at Mooloolaba.....dropped the van and car off at a nice secure storage place at Didillibah , just 20 minutes by taxi from here. So tomorrow we bus to Brisbane, and Posted by Crazy Poupes in Second Time Around! | Aug 6, 2014
- Blog 7. Southern & Central Northern TerritoryRoute: Ormiston Gorge – Hermannsburg – Alice Springs - Prowse Gap Rest Stop (1 night) – Devil’s Marbles Conservation Reserve (2 nights) – Longreach Waterhole, Elliott (3 nights) – Elsey National Park, Mataranka (4 nights).
Period: 24June Posted by Rambla in The Big Lap 2014/15 | Aug 6, 2014
- The Long Trek SouthSadly we said goodbye to Broome this morning and began to make our way southward towards the cold weather. Broome’s lifestyle is very relaxed and yet it offers so much for the resident and the tourist. I think Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Aug 5, 2014
- One Day Left!!Only one day to go! We fly to Sydney on Thursday and leave for Dubai on Friday the 8th of August, YAY! We're busy packing and doing final bookings, pressures on! Posted by hcanderson in Europe 2014 | Aug 5, 2014
- Jericho, QueenslandWe have moved in a south easterly direction (about 360km from Winton) past Longreach and Barcaldine to a small town called Jericho.
There was a town along the way called Ilfracombe where there are around 100 pieces of old machinery Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Aug 5, 2014
- Winton, QueenslandWinton was our most northern and western point of the trip. The landscape changed a bit towards Winton - very flat (as usual) but no scrub, in fact no nothing ....
[img= Posted by vancoops in Escaping Winter 2014 | Aug 5, 2014
- Heading westThis blogging has had me a bit beat but I'm gradually getting the hang of it. I seem to have missed quite a few bits and people out of our trip so far! For instance we had three Posted by twodubfers in Town of 1770 | Aug 4, 2014