- Tom PriceChecked out the mines. I got to see see what used to be Mt Tom Price - now a large hole in the ground. Lots of big equipment. Everything covered in red dust. After that we Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 8, 2014
- Exmouth to Tom PriceSet out as early as possible - 9am it turned out!
Drove nearly non-stop to Nanutarra roadhouse. Gas and petrol are so expensive there it feels like you've been in an unarmed hold up when you leave! Other than Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 8, 2014
- ExmouthStarted off with a trip to Charles Knife Gorge. Fantastic views of the Exmouth gulf. Then checked out Bundegi beach and the VHF towers - tallest man-made structures in the Southern Hemisphere. Not that exciting! then Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 8, 2014
- Lazy DaysIt has been 16 years since we were here and we have noticed many changes in Darwin. The city itself now has more high-rise buildings and there is more traffic – though nowhere near home. The infrastructure has Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 8, 2014
- 4: A very long driveA 650k drive today, and the car was so loaded with packs and other essential hiking equipment that we had only side mirrors for rear vision and the two boys were so crammed about with luggage in the back seat Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 8, 2014
- 3: Meeting up with the boysMore time to catch up with Katy over a very welcome healthy breakfast. Before continuing north, we went with Katy to ride on the little train in Casino which included a visit to the railway museum. The trains looked very Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 8, 2014
- 2: Travelling North out of the coldBacon and eggs for breakfast made just for us at our motel, then off to Casino. Not such a long trip today - only about 450k. We had lunch at Glen Innes, going to a cafe that seemed popular Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 8, 2014
- 1: Off at lastDidn't get away until nearly 2pm, having lunch at Coolo before we left.
Finally we headed north away from the cold, through Cowra, Canowindra and Molong. By the time we got to Wellington it was dark and still far from Tamworth, Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 8, 2014
- So long, Adelaide....Unbelievably, we are in week 11 of our SA stay, with just a handful of days left to complete our to-do list here. There's been no shortage of activities and sights to keep us occupied and we can say right Posted by Ron.Shaz in Ron & Shaz's Roamin' Holiday | Jul 6, 2014
- CairnsHi Everyone
Hope all is well back home, we hear that winter has really set in. You probably don't want to here that we are enjoying sunny warm weather at the moment, temps around mid to high 20's.
We have just spent Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Jul 6, 2014
- Time to turn left - Jabiru (Kakadu National Park)On a tour the other day we were talking to a family who have been on the road for three months now. I asked them their favourite place. The answer - We go somewhere, think this is great, say Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jul 6, 2014
- Life in The Top EndWe have had some lazy days which have been quite good. Caught up with some washing, went out to lunch, visited Woolies to restock the fridge and the cupboards and began doing a bit of exploring.
Took ourselves into the Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 6, 2014
- Day 41: Home, Melbourne, VICWe arrived home late in the afternoon... Picked up our girl..... Here is Zayney is enjoying a tummy rub in front of the fire!
Posted by vancoops in Travelling the east coast of Australia | Jun 7, 2014
- Coral Bay to ExmouthRobbie and I started the day with a walk on the beach, looking at the shells on the rocks. We packed up early as the caravan park is expecting a full house to arrive today - it is the Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 5, 2014
- Coral Bay - Whale Sharks!!We joined the tour at 7.30am, getting kitted out with wetsuits etc. These worked well and kept me warm in the cool water. It wasn't long before we were doing our first snorkel out in the bay. Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 5, 2014
- Leaving Home and my first week in London, United Kingdom!D-DAY (Sydney - 09/03/2014) - I would have to say there weren't alot of highs this morning! Saying goodbye was HARD!!! But I know that this is what I want to do, more than anything I've ever wanted before, and Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Blog 5 Lawn Hill (Boodjamulla) National Park to Stuarts Well North-Western Queensland/Northern Territory
Route: Lawn Hill – Mt. Isa (5 nights) – Camooweal (1 night) – Barkly Homestead Roadhouse (1 night) – Wonarah Bore (1 night) – The Pebbles Conservation Reserve (1 night) (south on Stuart Highway afte Posted by Rambla in The Big Lap 2014/15 | Jul 4, 2014
- Mataranka to Darwin.Wednesday 2nd July
It was nice to have a very lazy day at Mataranka and not have to get ourselves off and going. Took a drive to a few local places including the Mataranka Thermal Pools – the one were Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 3, 2014
- Coral BayDay started cold, around 13 degrees. Quickly heated up though. We had a wander down the street and along the water (that is all there is here). We booked our whale shark tour, and Alison and Peter Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 3, 2014
- Monkey Mia to Coral BayWe had to have the buffet breakfast before setting out! Saw the dolphins from the cafe before we left. Forgot to mention that both Alison and Robbie were chosen to feed the dolphins, but the photographer got a Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 3, 2014
- Monkey Mia (pronounced My-ah)Spent the day admiring dolphins, and kayaking up and down, watching sting rays and turtles. Even Peter found himself smiling at the dolphins. We saw them come in to be fed, then fishing for themselves along the shore Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 3, 2014
Munich, Germany; 6/7-10/7
Wildschonau, Austria; 10/7-12/7
Venice, Italy; 12/7-15/7
Rome, Italy; 15/7-20/7
Orvieto, Italy; 20/7-22/7
Sienna, Italy; 22/7-24/7
Florence, Italy; 24/7-29/7
La Spezia, Italy; 29/7-2/8
Nice, France; 2/8-3/8
Lake Como, Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Jul 3, 2014
- ArrivederciHi everyone!
I've started this blog as an easy way to keep you guys up to date without having to synchronise emails, Facebook etc.
If I've got it right (which I most likely don't) this should notify Facebook when I've updated Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Jul 2, 2014
- Leaving the desert - Mataranka(from Ja) Two days ago (struggling to work out what day of the week it was), we headed from Alice Springs to Tennant Creek. On the way we stopped in to have a look at where the Devil lost Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jul 2, 2014
- Our Australian Family road tripDay One - We decided to have one last trip as a family before Hannah went home to England and Maria went back to her Au Pair job so we rented a people carrier, a tent, sleeping mats and set Posted by livetotravel14 in Our Big Adventure... | Jul 1, 2014