- Opals - Melbourne
Opal is the national gemstone of Australia. Australian opal has often been cited as accounting for 95-97% of the world's supply of precious opal, with the state of South Australia acco Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 7, 2015
- Happy April Fools' DayArt was reading an article in a magazine. He found these facts about April Fools' Day.
"In the 1500's France decreed that the new year would begin on January 1 instead of early April to coincide with the Roman calendar. Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 31, 2015
- My current daily view - Things should improve Posted by HSROnline in Euro Win Trip | Mar 31, 2015
- Waterfalls, banana and happy mangosOur story today begins last evening. As you may recall we had a cockroach visit us in the morning. Later in the evening as Art was working on the computer a cockroach scurried across the table and gave Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 31, 2015
- Day 18.Day 18. 31st March.
I woke early and decided to try to get a few sunrise photos. [float=right][/float]
With the lakes, fishing fleet and a clear morning right on my do Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 31, 2015
- Day 17.Day 17. 30th March.
Up early this morning to check out the sun rise and any wildlife still lurking around the cabins. The local Roos had gone but the Ducks were there feeding on the fallen apples. Seems the Currawongs Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 31, 2015
- Day 16.Day 16. 29th March.
We leave Wodonga today to start the 3rd leg of our road trip. We head over the Vic Alps to Gippsland for 6 days before boarding the Spirit of Tasmania on Friday night.
As we didn't have Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 31, 2015
- The Great Barrier ReefMarch 28
Before leaving for Port Douglas. I booked the train/skyrail trip to Kuranda. for April. 3. On my way up to Port Douglas, I stopped at Palm Cove. It's a quaint little town with a gorgeous beach and Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 31, 2015
- CHARLES R.LONG AND THE VICTORIAN SCHOOL PAPERS1886 Sep 25 “Argemone” appeared in Hamilton “Spectator” 25/9/86
1887 Jan Sidney Walker, 14 year old son of Charles Palmer Walker, accidentally shot and killed.
1887 July 8 Posted by algordon in 8. THE LEGACY | Mar 31, 2015
- Sydney Australia for first time visitor Vlog Youtube Link[[https://youtu.be/-2UzC5n3gY0|]] Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Mar 31, 2015
- Pre Trip Plan - getting finalised.Adelaide, SA, Australia
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Pompei, Campania, Italy
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Florence, Tuscany, Italy
Donnini, Toscana, Italy
Florence, Tuscany, Italy
Venice, Veneto, Italy
Milan, Lombardy, Ita Posted by HSROnline in Euro Win Trip | Mar 30, 2015
- Arriving in Melbourne
Our first day in Melbourne was a long one! The first view of Melbourne appeared as the sun came up
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/First_View_of_Melbourne.jpg Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 4, 2015
- Australian HospitalityAs I am writing this post it is around 6:00 am in Dublin, Ireland. No I am not still up from partying the night before, rather I am up early after sleeping off the jet leg which was Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Mar 30, 2015
- Monday March 30th
We spent the day doing errands. Sorry no pictures.
We got our monthly haircuts this morning. Our hairdresser was from Dublin, Ireland on a one year work visa. She was very entertaining and did a great Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 30, 2015
- Today is the day18 months since Ando gave his blessing to go without him and 18 months of saving, the time is here. Well nearly, plane delay of an hour before we depart Albury for Sydney which is our eta for today Posted by mitnatbr in Ando's in USA | Mar 29, 2015
- THE IMPRESSIONIST PAINTERSTIME LINE-CONTINUED
1874 Jan 18 Black Tom Oliver died. “Sladen Humphris Page 232”
1875 A short novel “Twixt Shadow and Posted by algordon in 8. THE LEGACY | Mar 29, 2015
- THE LEGACY LIVES ON1900 June Australian Literature Society anniversary meeting chaired by C.R.Long (Fitzroy City Press Vic. Friday 6 July 1900 Page 3)
1900 Oct 23 Mr .Lance.A. Skulthorpe professional horse trainer, son of Mr. J.R Skulthorpe, Moree NSW repeated Posted by algordon in 8. THE LEGACY | Mar 29, 2015
- Australien - Teil 2Nach rund zehn Tagen in und um Sydney zogen wir weiter in die Hauptstadt Canberra. Canberra ist eine Planstadt und wurde 1908 als Kompromisslösung zur Hauptstadt gewählt, um die Rivalität zwischen Sydney und Melbourne zu schlichten. Der Spatenstich Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Mar 29, 2015
- A quiet day and some beach side featuresWe have had a quiet day. We did some shopping and then spent the rest of the day reading or relaxing.
We thought we would share some of the structures in our neighbourhood.
Of course, Reta's potty humour comes Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 29, 2015
- Still call Australia Home
We landed 15 minutes ahead of schedule at 7.45am. As we have the two kids we aren’t allowed to use the new customs Kiosk where it takes your photo and you walk through. Its Posted by virtualweb in Everton's Take On China/Taiwan | Mar 22, 2015
- THE GORDON'S OF SCOTLAND[center]TIME LINE[/center]
1870 Jan. 1 Gordon’s horse nowhere in Flemington Steeple. “Age” 3/1/70
1870 Jan 4 Letter to John Riddoch, thanking him for his help towards unravelling the Esslemont entail.
Higinbotham, who is a barrister, Posted by algordon in 8. THE LEGACY | Mar 28, 2015
- Australien - Teil 1In Australien war für uns Halbzeit. Wir hatten uns vorgenommen, den Jahreswechsel mit meinem Bruder und seiner Familie in Sydney zu feiern, denn mein grosser Traum war es schon immer gewesen, einmal das grosse Neujahrsfeuerwerk im Hafen von Sydney live Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Mar 28, 2015
- THE AUSTRALASIAN NEWSPAPER[center][/center]
[center]The Argus Office Circ. 1860 - Photo State Library of Victoria
The Yorick Club was next door on the right. The Regent Theatre now stands in this area.[/cen Posted by algordon in 7. THE BEGINNING OF THE END | Mar 28, 2015
- Almost Home AgainToday we arrived back in Australia after the long flight from LAX. I'm writing this in the motel in Queanbeyan after a refreshing sleep and awake now to try and adjust the body-clock back in line with the real Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 28, 2015
- Today Didn't HappenOne of those strange things that happen when travelling from the US West Coast to the Australian East Coast and crossing the International Date Line. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 28, 2015