- Sea DaysAfter leaving Hobart we have two seas days, well actually three if you count the day cruising around Milford Sound before we head to Dunedin. The swell has been between 4 and 5 metres with it coming from the back Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 22, 2016
- TasmaniaWe had a lovely night to sail out of Melbourne. Can't say I have seen Melbourne skyline at night from that angle before. We had another sea day before arriving in Port Arthur.
As I had been to Port Arthur Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 22, 2016
- MelbourneThe cruise down the coast from Sydney to Melbourne was relatively quiet which was good as I was slightly concerned about going out of the heads as it was our first day at sea.
What I didn't realise before I Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 22, 2016
- Day 14 - Rainbow Beach
It's about a 220 km ride to Rainbow beach. We get there quite early, we only find one campsite, they do have space so we grab it, but honestly this is one of the worst campsites throughout Posted by McCaffreyD in Australia 2015 | Jan 21, 2016
- Day 13 - Bargara - relaxing, boogie boarding, Mon Repos
I know one would think that holiday time should be relaxing all along, well let me tell you that it isn't, not when you are trying to tour half a continent in one month. The Eastern coast Posted by McCaffreyD in Australia 2015 | Jan 20, 2016
- From mines to winesNow, getting closer to Adelaide, we are getting in the wine areas. First there was the Clare Valley, where we tasted some and bought a bottle from MR. Mick. We did a very boring tour of the Seven Hills Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 19, 2016
- Mines and steel industryThe next big stop was Iron Knob, where the Australian Iron ore industry took off. We took a tour of the town, which is pretty much dead (there was an advert to call for a meeting to decide if the Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Jan 19, 2016
- Background on the Big Move!The Background
Moved all around the world for work,
Haven't lived in the same place for over a year... sounds like time to settle down in your home town right?
Sounds to me like its time to Posted by HollyStew2016 in Perth to Gold Coast | Jan 19, 2016
- Right Here... Right NowI'll admit that I thought keeping a blog would be easier than it has proved to be during my travels. Inspiration is everywhere and around every corner. Daily I contemplate what experience the next entry will reflect. Posted by Charlea in Blind Date with Life | Jan 18, 2016
- Day 11 - Bargara, Emm and Nate
We decide to split up for the morning. Vince and Kev stay in the camp enjoying the pool and relaxing a bit. Kev squeezes in some school work, at that stage none of us know that this Posted by McCaffreyD in Australia 2015 | Jan 18, 2016
- Planning StageIan is busily checking the maps and beginning to make bookings at various places on the way up. Now for me to get the map started on this and to get my head around where we are going. Posted by GLIB2011 in Long Trip to The Tip & Back | Jan 17, 2016
- 17th January - Hervey Bay to Rockhampton
Today has been something of a relaxing day on the coach; we need to travel a few miles to get to our overnight stop in Rockhampton.
Before we get there however, we make a stop at Lan Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Jan 17, 2016
- 16th January - Fraser Island
Today we're off to do something a little bit different. Our ride arrives to pick us up, and I can only describe it as a monster truck; it's a 4x4 coach, and I'm hoping it has comfy Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Jan 17, 2016
- Contiki trip - part 1 - Sydney to CairnsDay 1 - Sunday
Another early start (and another chance to get some small revenge on my room mates who had kept me awake the other night) I'd booked this tour through STA travel and whilst I was away some post Posted by HayleyK'sOzTrip in Hayley's big Oz Adventure | Jan 17, 2016
- Sydney harbor bridge climbWeather has been clearing so we decided to go for the Sydney harbor bridge climb today, it turned out to be a good choice. It was mostly sunny, not too hot, and clear views all around.
Posted by steved64 in Intel Sabbatical #3 | Jan 17, 2016
- From the Top End to the Red Centre[center][/center]
Highlights of a one week trip from Darwin to Uluru.
===1. A walk along the waterfront ===
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/741003/P1010617.jp Posted by tangueratravels in Tanguera Travels | Jan 17, 2016
- Day 10 - Bundaberg region, Bargara
At the petrol station we wake up next to this guy:
We saw many of these on the roads of Australia, many of them much fancier Posted by McCaffreyD in Australia 2015 | Jan 17, 2016
- SydneyIt's so strange to be writing about a trip that leaves from Sydney and spends the first few days in Australia. We have been having a fabulous yet surreal time with all our friends from Seattle. Most of the guys Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 16, 2016
- Day 9 - Airlie Beach Lagoon
We wake up to some serious itching. We didn't realize the amount of sand flies that will come out and that will penetrate the nets of our van. This ended up with poor Kev having collected Posted by McCaffreyD in Australia 2015 | Jan 16, 2016
- Day 67 - Rottnest IslandRottnest Island… c’est LA journée à faire dans les environs de Perth, mais pas en hiver. Le mieux c’est de louer des vélos, ce que vous pouvez faire en achetant les places pour le ferry. N’oubliez pas votre masque et Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Jan 15, 2016
- Day 8 - Townsville Reef Aquarium, Molongle Creek
Kev has a swim and some pool side boogieboard fun for breakfast. I feast on some of the tropical fruit we bought on our way yesterday. In fact Kev gets quite upset when we tell him we Posted by McCaffreyD in Australia 2015 | Jan 15, 2016
- Trial runPractising caravan life in Mornington!
Van serviced January 16th in preparation for our big trip.
Spent a lovely day with Lynne and Ian setting up this blog so reality is starting to set in!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/801736/6FF8FB17C8195 Posted by dand1 in WestOz | Jan 13, 2016
- 13th January - Byron Bay
Back in the coach we continue north, and our early start is rewarded with our first kangaroo siting of the trip - hurrah! AND as a double whammy, there's a joey too!
[img=http:// Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Jan 13, 2016
- Day 7 - Ellis beach, Mission beach, Ingham
The sun is out in the morning, so we enjoy our campsite pool one more time before we pack up and leave. The flora around us is beautiful, coconuts, lovely flowers, the familiar Kookaburra Posted by McCaffreyD in Australia 2015 | Jan 13, 2016
- Finally.......End of a productive week......off we go Posted by Stittman in Europe 2016 | Jan 13, 2016