- 25 Feb 2014 SydneyIn the morning we took the hop on hop off tour bus to to get a feel and see most of the city, with running commentary and brief descriptions at the major attractions takes about 3 hours
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/649021/C4FFBAAE2219AC6817CE Posted by Cvclyons in Our Big Travel Adventure | Feb 28, 2014
- Kangaroo report Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters Jr. | Feb 28, 2014
- Day 46: Ayers Rock and BUGSToday my family and I woke up bright and early to catch a very nice flight on Qantas Airways from Cairns to Ayers Rock. Since we had a spacious plane and it is a very unpopular route, the flight was Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 28, 2014
- Shoo flyWhy would we get up at 5am to catch an early flight in order to see a rock in the middle of a desert?
Uluru, in all its blazing glory, right before sunset.
Uluru, or Ayers Rock, is the mos Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 28, 2014
- Chapter 11: Busy times on Forrest HillEs war Anfang Jänner, ein Donnerstag Abend, kurz nachdem wir unser neues Heim betreten haben, als wir uns auch schon wieder auf den Weg gemacht haben, ins nächste offene Pub einzufallen. Müde und abgekämpft, vom sonnenarmen mitteleuropäischen Herbst mit Posted by NoUturners in Let's do summer ... | Feb 27, 2014
- Australia: Ayers Rock to the Great Barrier Reef[i](We are a few weeks behind on the blog: wifi and the ability to load photos is sporadic - plus we have just been too busy enjoying ourselves and watching Team Canada kick some Olympic ass! We hope to catch Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Feb 27, 2014
- Day 45: Un-birdingToday was my last full day in the Cairns region of tropical northeast Australia. My family and I took a full-day driving tour of Daintree National Park, a world heritage sight because some of the rainforest in the park is Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 27, 2014
- Daintree RainforestToday we headed to the Daintree Rainforest, part of the Wet Tropics of Queensland, a UNESCO world heritage site.
In keeping with the homeschooling theme, we picked up a self-driving tour CD of the national park. We were entertained (some Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 27, 2014
- Bucca > Agnes Water & The Town of 1770Tuesday 25 February 2014
On the road again ... drove to Agnes Water and The Town of 1770 via Bundaberg this morning. Found a camp site for $6 pp/night at the beach at Agnes Water, called Workman's Camp site. Posted by jamison 2014 in Mike and Wendy's Gap Year | Feb 27, 2014
- Port HedlandPort Hedland is barely a dot on even a local map but it has a natural deep anchorage harbour and is the closest port to Australia’s giant iron ore mines which are about 200 km inland from Pt. Hedland. These Posted by DavidandHazel in Kiwis & Kangaroos | Feb 26, 2014
- A Week of Coastal New South Wales
After finishing the roadtrip, and a one night stop in Brisbane (which reminded me a bit of London with it's bridges, Big Ben like building and it's very own London Eye), we chose to s Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Feb 26, 2014
- Bangkok. 23/24FebOur last day in Bangkok, after packing our case's we sat around the pool for an hours relaxation before getting our flight into Sydney
Lost a day flying into Sydney, alt Posted by Cvclyons in Our Big Travel Adventure | Feb 26, 2014
- Day 44: The Great Barrier ReefGreetings and salutations blog watchers,
Today my family and I took a pelagic tour of the Great Barrier Reef. We woke up bright and early and drove the forty-five minute drive to Port Douglas, where we boarded our ship for the Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 26, 2014
- One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fishGreetings from Cairns, Australia--home of the Great Barrier Reef!
We've actually been here for 2 days, but on our first day we called a media blackout so that we could have a solid day of homeschooling, relax at the pool, and Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 26, 2014
- Week Two of Our Australia Campervan Road Trip!
Our second week of campervan fun began with us driving a mammoth 12 hours from Airlie Beach to Carnarvon Gorge. This was a massively tiring day of driving, involving near misses with Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Feb 26, 2014
- Our Australia Campervan Road Trip Journey Begins: Week One!
The past two weeks, we've been road-tripping the east coast of Australia in a campervan with our travel pals Conny and Marcus - it has been lots of fun, with the odd bizarre enc Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Feb 25, 2014
- Day -1Last day at work, time to pack and do the million last minute tasks. Posted by Kay n Christine in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Feb 25, 2014
- Harvey Bay > BuccaMonday 24 February 2014
Got up early at 6am for a last bike ride along the Esplanade, while it was still cool. Headed west this time and found a little homemade cafe at Vernon Point and had a coffee. Then rode Posted by jamison 2014 in Mike and Wendy's Gap Year | Feb 25, 2014
- Days 42 and 43: Cairns, AustraliaThis is the combined post for yesterday and today.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24:
Yesterday my family and I flew on JetStar Airlines from Adelaide to Cairns. Cairns is on the northern part of the eastern coast of Australia in the tropics. Daily Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Feb 25, 2014
- Australia road trip #3 - getting to the Great Ocean Road!We picked up our home for the next 8 nights... our wee campervan!
Although road trip number 3 - Adelaide to Melbourne - doesn't compete with the first two in terms of mileage, it does take in one of the world's Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Feb 24, 2014
- A day at the beach in Parkdale, Victoria,
I am an avid photographer, just as a hobby, and love getting out with my camera to take photo's and enjoy lovely locations. I hope you enjoy the photos as much I enjoyed taking them,
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/615 Posted by julesb63 in My Journey with a camera | Feb 24, 2014
- Day 127 - 130 Brisbane
Much to my anger I didn't recover quickly from m Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Feb 24, 2014
- Port HeadlandJust a quick up date to say we have our feet back on Mother Earth after two sea days.
Nice and hot at 39deg. no complaints from this baby.
We found the...only... Pub here and they have wifi so was able Posted by 2kiwis in Australia, New Zealand 2014 | Feb 23, 2014
- Perth and Fremantle
Special thanks to all of you who have left comments on our blog site. It is great to hear from home and we appreciate your comments on various aspects of the blog. We are also open to all suggestions as Posted by DavidandHazel in Kiwis & Kangaroos | Feb 23, 2014
- Kangaroo Island, a.k.a Road Kill IslandWe have spent the last three days on Kangaroo Island, Australia's 3rd largest island. Our beautiful beach cottage was equally beautifully absent of wifi, which meant that we could grill meals, play board games, and watch movies together with Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Feb 23, 2014