- Day 4Day 4
Having coughed my lungs out yesterday i didn't expect much of today. Staying in a motel was a smart decision because I was able to sleep for almost 11 hours.
The day starts with a light breakfast, the only type Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Sep 12, 2014
- Day 1 - A frantic startWell true to form I am not ready for this trip. I have washed and most has dried but that's about it. Drive Sam to the station then it's home to get everything into the suitcase, shower and head in Posted by Christinesolo in South Pacific | Sep 12, 2014
- It's all over!Uneventful trip home.
It was a fantastic 11 weeks - I loved it, but am pleased to be back in wonderful Melbourne.
I found myself comparing other cities to what I have in Melbourne - I still don't want to live anywhere Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Sep 12, 2014
- Lake Argyle, WA - the most beautiful place on earthOn Wednesday morning we packed up as usual, and did a last minute check that we had no fruit and veggies left, ready for quarantine. Pete gave the car a wash to make sure as much soil and dust Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Sep 12, 2014
- Kalbar to Wallangarra (QLD)Wednesday 10th
There appeared to be signs of a slight frost however a hot shower works wonders! The facilities were quite good, especially for the $18 per night for a powered site.
The Cunningham Highway was not much better than the Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Sep 12, 2014
- To KalbarSeptember
After an early lunch and with everything packed and ready to hit the road we headed off down the Mount Lindsay Highway towards Beaudesert and then cross-country to Kalbar, the proposed overnight stop. Apart from the usual poor Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Sep 12, 2014
- From Dust to DinosaursFROM DUST TO DINOSAURS .. on the Overlanders Way
Mt Isa to Richmond, central Queensland
Friday, 12 September 2014
Driving east shortly after 8.15 this morning, we were not sorry to leave behind dry, dusty and ‘oresome’ (David’s new word which is most Posted by twodubfers in Seeing Australia | Sep 12, 2014
- Blog 13. Derby – Broome, Kimberleys, WA After a pleasant stay in Derby it was time to head onto the Gibb River Road for a 143 kms rough ride to the National Park campsite at Windjana Gorge. The campground was quite popular and was very dry Posted by Rambla in The Big Lap 2014/15 | Sep 11, 2014
- Day 3After pitchpine my tent and making it an early night, within 5 minutes I remembered why i hate camping; sleeping mats and sleeping bags aren't designed for a 100kg plus male with shoulders wider than 40cm. I toss and turn Posted by Mvanrhijn in Cycling Down Under | Sep 11, 2014
- Timber Creek (where??), NTOn Monday morning we were all set to leave Katherine, and Pete noticed the car tyres looked like they needed pumping up. So we pulled out of the caravan park and got the air compressor out. When all Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Sep 11, 2014
- Nearly there...
For some reason August has been dragging (especially since one of us is still at work and the other one is bouncing up and down each day with excitement) but we are finally nearly ready to go. A Posted by Ash-Clauds in Around Australia in 6 months | Sep 10, 2014
- Did I mention the sky?DID I MENTION THE SKY?
About 70 years ago in England
As a child I remember my dad telling me that the sun doesn’t rise and the sun doesn’t set – and neither does the moon. In fact the sun doesn’t Posted by twodubfers in Seeing Australia | Sep 10, 2014
- The Whitsunday'sSo we left Townsville with the aim to free camp for a while, this lasted for one night, as we stumbled across Airlie Beach in the Whitsundays and it was just too beautiful to pass through! Airlie is lovely vibrant Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Sep 10, 2014
- Rendez-vous in Katherine, NTWe arrived at Katherine after a couple of hours journey and checked into the Shady Lane Caravan Park – 6km out of town, and on the way to the gorge. It’s another lovely site, and lived up to its Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Sep 9, 2014
- Kalgoorlie to NorsemanWell we managed to get through last night with the extreme wind actually dying down after midnight. The rain stayed away for most of the day, but the wind kept up. Luckily we didn’t get blown away. We Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Sep 9, 2014
- Leaving the Top End ..Katherine to Renner Springs
Monday 8 September 2014
Katherine’s Riverview Caravan Park is actually on the (very high!) banks of the Katherine River and within 5 minutes walking distance of the beautiful thermal springs, so we Posted by twodubfers in Seeing Australia | Sep 9, 2014
- Are we there yet?Tuesday morning and all is now well. The van is loaded with a range of seasonal clothing, food, more food, and water.
The Ute is loaded with everything else so we can cook and have a nice fire if the weather Posted by psstevo in Murray River dejavu 2014 | Sep 8, 2014
- And the winds did blow!As the winds blew and the rain fell throughout the night we realised that we really don't like being on a tin can in these conditions, especially as we haven't had rain since early June.
The forecasts for the south west Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Sep 8, 2014
- One of our favourite spots - Ellis BeachWow! This place is exactly as we remember - going to sleep and waking up to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach is just perfect. Someone put a comment on Wiki Camps, complaining that he couldn't Posted by Crazy Poupes in Second Time Around! | Sep 8, 2014
- Mataranka, NTOur next stop was only a couple of hours journey from Daly Waters, so we headed off again, arriving in time to set up and have lunch at Mataranka. We’d chosen a campsite near the Bitter Springs, which are Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Sep 8, 2014
- To Daly Waters, NTThe next day we were back on the road, heading along an even longer straight road. We had over 830km to cover before our next destination, so planned to do it over two days. The first stop was Posted by Capes Crusaders in Capes Crusaders | Sep 8, 2014
- The GoldfieldsAfter possibly the worst highway we have driven on, we arrived in ‘Kal’ on Friday from Southern Cross, passing through the largely deserted town of Coolgardie. At least the flowers along the road were pretty.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/40296 Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Sep 7, 2014
- Melbourne – Tram, Märkte, Herbst und RömertopfIch schaukle in ein verwirrtes Erwachen. Eine fremde Zimmerdecke wölbt sich über mir, eine schleichende Kälte beißt mir in die Wange, ich zögere auch nur einen Zeh aus der angenehm dicken Decke hervorlugen zu lassen. Warum schaukelt es nur? Mir Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | Sep 7, 2014
- Trip 6For our annual queen’s birthday trip this year Trevor suggested Burrum Heads, so all in agreement off we went, we took the Friday off to get an early start.
Arriving at lunch time to the Hillcrest caravan park at Burrum Heads Posted by Rontatts in SIDETRACKED | Sep 7, 2014
- Finding Nemo - Cairns/ Great Barrier ReefSo, having been a mermaid in a previous life (it was cool- got to swim all day and had a free clam bra) I've always loved the sea and water in general.
And having been diving in Byron Bay and seen Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Sep 7, 2014