- Sydney - day 16Today I arranged to go into the Sydney office to meet some of my team who I had not seen for some time. The office was a short 10min walk from the hotel and it directly overlooks the harbour. Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 29, 2016
- Sydney - day 15
Today was mostly a travel day for us. At breakfast we said goodbye to some friends we had made during our stay - a lovely German family from near Cologne who manufacture a Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 29, 2016
- Day 29: Kata TjutaUnbelievably we managed to get up before dawn every day we were at Yulara to see sunrise over Uluru or Kata Tjuta (commonly known as 'The Olgas' and more recently named 'The Ogres' by the boys who had trouble saying Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 23, 2016
- Getting excitedWell the bags are packed ,just need to lock the house up and I am out here!! Cunderdin to catch the train to Perth then a bit of a wait till the plain leaves, bring on the warm temperatures of Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Jul 26, 2016
- Emerald to Bundaberg
Sorry about not saying where we went in the tile of the last entry. It should have said: Barcaldine to Longreach and return then on to Emerald.
I didn't prov Posted by Bobnhiroe in The Darling River Run 2016 | Jul 25, 2016
- Day 28: Coober Pedy to YularaToday we left South Australia and entered the Northern Territory where the speed limit increased from 110km/h to 130km/h! Because of this (and the fact there wasn't too much to see) we made good time to the Ayres Rock Resort Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 23, 2016
- Days 26-27: Coober PedyWith more than half the locals and 20%* of tourists living underground to escape the heat, our view over Coober Pedy from 'The Big Winch' was of a lot of dusty, bare hills covered by chimney's which provide fresh air Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 21, 2016
- Living it up in Freo!So much for one stop between Westonia and Fremantle - I was up and organised for an early start so we could get there asap. Was a beautiful day for a drive. We stopped at a small town called Kellerberrin Posted by BazandMaz in East to West Exploring the Nullabor. | Jul 25, 2016
- Indo Trip 2016Well nearly time to go only 2 more sleeps and still a bit do before I am finally ready ,bags still to be packed then get a lift to Cunderdin on Wednesday and catch the Avon Valley Link train Posted by Richard Indo in Indo Trip 2016 | Jul 24, 2016
- Hayman Island - Day 14Today was our last full day at the Hayman Island One&Only resort and we decided to take it easy and have a relaxing day by the beach and pool. We all did some water sports in the morning and Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 24, 2016
- Hayman Island - Day 13Today was our second attempt at snorkelling and we decided to try somewhere different to Langford Island - Blue Pearl Bay on Hayman Island itself. You have to take a boat there as it's otherwise inaccessible. We also Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 22, 2016
- Day 25: Clare to Coober PedyAnother early morning start (4:15am) meant driving through the dark for quite a while as the kids slept in the back. We arrived at Port Augusta as the sun was rising (after a 60km detour to a town called 'Quorn' Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 19, 2016
- Fourth of July, Atlanta, Galveston, DenverEven the SPE President takes some personal time and around the 4th of July (the US Independence Day celebration) I get my family together and we have a great time. Then I take off to Atlanta to buy a Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Jul 21, 2016
- Yanchep National ParkYanchep National Park
After a drive with strong headwinds, we pulled into Yanchep National Park just north of Perth. We knew that we would be one of the first to camp in the new camp site as camping has only been Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jul 22, 2016
- Days 21-24: Clare ValleyAs mentioned in our last post, Cooper had his 8th Birthday at Clare. On the morning of his Birthday, after the heated spa and the opening of his presents, we headed off for Putt Putt Golf (as that is what Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 18, 2016
- Hayman Island - Day 12Today we went to Whitehaven beach which is a 7km stretch of fine white silica sand along Whitsunday Island. The island is uninhabited but it’s a popular destination for day trippers by boat, helicopter and seaplane. We elected Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 21, 2016
- Hayman Island - Day 11Today we spent the day doing some water activities - we tried sailing, kayaking, paddle boarding and snorkelling. We found the kayaking quite difficult in the strong breeze and choppy waters - it was a constant struggle just to Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 21, 2016
- Townsville #2Our previous visit had only been for 2 days - so we had lots still to check out in Townsville. One of our first stops was the Museum of Tropical Queensland. Like the WA museums we enjoyed last Posted by 2015MADvan in 2016 Travels | Jul 20, 2016
- Day 20: Barossa ValleyWith the cyclone ended, we caught the ferry from Kangaroo Island across the now still water back to the mainland. While waiting to board Cooper bumped into his teacher Jesse who had taken school holidays on Kangaroo Island as well!
The Posted by Dean Attwooll in Australian Driveabout | Jul 14, 2016
- The Stromatolites are true magicQuick stopover in Coral Bay.
Turned in for a quick hot pie and a good coffee, but decided not to stay as it was bucketing down, making snorkelling impossible.
Carnarvon (pop 9000)
Carnarvon is the commercial centre for the rich Gascoy Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Jul 20, 2016
- Hayman Island - Day 10
Today we our jet lag has officially worn off - it's taken us approximately the same number of days as hours difference. I say this because we found it challenging to wake up at 6 Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 20, 2016
- 2 days to go...So it's less than 2 days to go. My backpack weighs 12.2 kg, more than last week, and I really wanted to make it lighter so I unpacked it and went through item by ite Posted by chrispix64 in Ceebee goes to Africa | Jul 19, 2016
- Barcaldine toDay 22. July 17.
We left Barcaldine just on 9.00 and headed west again. The rain has eased and it is only a very fine sprinkle all the way to Longreach. We had morning tea at Ilfracombe and took Posted by Bobnhiroe in The Darling River Run 2016 | Jul 19, 2016
- The last Melbourne blog post!We got the car serviced... and boy is there a list! The man nearly run out of paper!!! The good news is, the list was of lots of minor things so we are ok. It was things like how rusty Posted by BenAnna in South East Asia and Australia | Jul 18, 2016
- Sydney - day 9
I overslept! I woke up at 7am having silenced my alarm in my sleep and missed the last opportunity to photograph the stars over Ayers Rock :-(. I guess I will have to retu Posted by jagblog in Jagpal Family's Travel Blog | Jul 18, 2016