- Here I go againLife BC (Before Caroline) begins today. She dropped me at the airport, which was very nice, particularly because she's sick.
About to board my AirAsia flight, after an interminable wait at the check-in desk, then a seemingly endless wait for security, Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jun 23, 2015
- OK we are going.... Posted by Sean Loye in Checking out the Pale Blue Dot | Jun 23, 2015
- 3. On the Landsborough HighwayBeyond Charleville, we continue on the Landsborough Highway, still the A2, west and north-west, through the outback towns of Tambo, Blackall, Barcaldine, Ilfracombe, Longreach, and Winton. They are characterised by streets wide enough stretch two rugby fi Posted by Outbackaus in Two Kiwis Go Outback | Jun 23, 2015
- Day 16 Tennant Creek to Alice SpringsDistance 549Km
Diesel $1.99/litre (ouch)
Another long day on the road, so an early start. There is much to see on this long stretch. Our first stop was the Devils Marbles. Much fun was had by all rock hoping, climbing Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 23, 2015
- Vivid Sydney 2015 - Part 2[center][center][/center][/center]
So, on our second excursion out to Vivid Sydney we did Darling Harbour and Pyrmont on another cold Friday night.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/68 Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Jun 22, 2015
- Palm Cove Beautiful ..... Home for 3 days
Posted by WheelsAway in Outback and Beyond 2015 | Jun 22, 2015
- Back to the Original Plan.....Kind Of!We finally managed to find the farmer's market, which was excellent. Bought some lovely fresh vegetables and had breakfast there. We were on the road late morning. Wentworth was only about 35kms from Trentham Cliffs, so got Posted by BazandMaz in Back to the Outback | Jun 22, 2015
- Out & About at Dimaond Beach - NSW
Just along from Diamond Beach is Redhead Beach, a great place for shell hunting
and then there's Nine Mile Beach Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | May 14, 2015
- CardwellLeft Rollingstone this morning but just had to stop for a Cardwell pie whilst admiring Hinchenbrook Island. Great coffee also at the pie shop. They have a great museum for a donation. All round lovely spot .
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/757 Posted by WheelsAway in Outback and Beyond 2015 | Jun 21, 2015
- Day 15 Tennant CreekA much cooler night and day only reaching 21 degrees.
What we needed. After 14 days on the road we needed a slower day. Ian got onto Maui and managed to get information to fix the power issues. It was Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 21, 2015
- Forster-Tuncurry Walking - NSW
Spending a day exploring the local town, I walked from Forster to Tuncurry and back around the coastline.
Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | May 20, 2015
- Recharging in PerthIt was lovely to arrive at Perth airport and see Warren waiting to pick us up! After a great catch up with Warren, Janine and Ashlee we enjoyed a good night's sleep on Saturday night.
We got our bearings once again Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jun 20, 2015
- Day 14 - Mataranka to Tennant CreekDiesel $1.89/ litre (Renner Springs)
A long driving day today, we covered 585 km today. It was a rough night at Mataranka. At 2:30am a local couple decided to have a fight outside the caravan park yelling in not-so-polite language at Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 20, 2015
- East usa.I am in usa travelling with a friend who goes home end June. I am free and plan to travel from Washington dc to wherever. I have travelled alot but more to do. Looking for travel partner to just get Posted by Solmon in East usa. | Jun 20, 2015
- Day 13 - Katherine to MatarankaDiesel $145/litre
We visited the Katherine Museum this morning. It would have to be one of the best small-town museums I have seen. It traces the history of Katherine from its earliest days to today, tells the stories of significant Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 20, 2015
- Bungle Bungles to Fitzroy CrossingAfter the area around the Bungle Bungles, the landscape became quite flat and boring for the most part. Lots of grassland, termite mounds, some open woodland and occasionally some huge piles of rocks appearing out of nowhere! Halls Creek Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Jun 19, 2015
- Flying Foxes, Wingham - NSW
Wingham Brush is rare and endangered. It represents 90% of the last remaining subtropical lowland rainforest in the manning Valley and 10% of this type in NSW. It has at least Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | May 6, 2015
- Apple Tree Creek HotelJust 3 hours north of Coolum we found the Apple Tree Hotel which boasts $10 steak, $12 bottle of wine and free camping.
We missed the much publicised Bogans dance night which I am sure would have been a blast. Posted by WheelsAway in Outback and Beyond 2015 | Jun 19, 2015
- Katherine - Day 12We are starting to lose track of what day it is. (I think this is a good thing). This morning we were up at 5:30am. We crept out of the caravan park at 6am and made our way to Nitmiluk Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jun 18, 2015
- Barry's HammockI decided to put the hammock story in a separate entry.
Barry bought himself a hammock in Mount Barker. At our camp spot at Heron's Bend there were two trees which were crying out for a hammock. Barry was Posted by BazandMaz in Back to the Outback | Jun 18, 2015
- 2. On the Warrego HighwayFrom Brisbane, we head through the Lockyer Valley to the city of Toowoomba on the escarpment of the Great Dividing Range and onto the Darling Downs. Over the next four days we travel directly west on the A2 Warrego Highway, Posted by Outbackaus in Two Kiwis Go Outback | Jun 18, 2015
- We Moved.We had a week at Lake Bonney, which is at Barmera. We now have a new most favourite place to camp. The first night at Barmera we stayed at the RV camp, which is on the soccer grounds. Posted by BazandMaz in Back to the Outback | Jun 18, 2015
- Kiama Coast Walk - NSW
I caught the train up to Minnamurra and walked the 13miles back.
I was taken about by the ticket machine o Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | May 12, 2015
- Diamond Beach - NSW
About 3.5hrs north of Sydney is a small coastal town called Diamond Beach, and as the name suggests it has the most magnificent beach.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jun 3, 2015
- Carl's Pale Blue Dot[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmP4Xzt0rN4]] Posted by Sean Loye in Checking out the Pale Blue Dot | Jun 17, 2015