- The Tench - Hobart
Penitentiary Chapel – Old Hobart Gaol
One of Australia's most significant convict precincts is in the centre of Hobart city.
Tasmania was a penal colony for the first hal Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 2, 2015
- Carnival Legend Leaving Sydney Harbour - Time Lapse - Video [[http://youtu.be/DrL6MPtJOhE|Carnival Legend Leaving Sydney Harbour - Time Lapse - Video]] Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Mar 15, 2015
- Great Ocean Road - Part 1We left Melbourne today, but not before a nice and, as it turned out, timely surprise and a sting in the tail. When we arrived to collect our hire car to go along the Great Ocean Road, the assistant Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Mar 15, 2015
- From mountains to the east coastToday we drove through the eastern ranges of the Great Dividing Range to Taree near the east coast of New South Wales.
We drove past many scenic range lands with sheep and cattle and by rivers and small communities.
We stopped for Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 15, 2015
- Byron Bay and beyondMarch 12
Spent the morning in the hotel room packing and getting ready to go get the van........Took a taxi there. Before I could leave I had to watch two videos, one on driving on the left side of the Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 14, 2015
- March 12 - FREMANTLE/PERTH, AUSTRALIA - DAY 1
Fremantle is our last port in Australia. It is located at the mouth of the Swan River and is the port city for Perth, the capital of Western Australia, twelve miles up Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Mar 14, 2015
- Day 1"The Spirit” docked at Melbourne's Station Pier around 6:00 am and after a quick cup of coffee, we were called to the vehice decks. Put our overnight bag in the car and waited for “Gentlemen.....start your engines”. They don't really Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 14, 2015
- Departure DayToday .......... we are making our final preparations and packing the car for our “road trip” to the 2015 ULYSSES AGM to be held in Wodonga, Vic. This trip hasn't had the same degree of planning, preparation and packing as Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 14, 2015
- The World's largest sundialWe woke this morning to the sound of a flock of Cockatoos serenading the sunrise.
We traveled through a number of forests taking a highway but not the freeway from Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 14, 2015
- No worriesI have it on good authority that the manufacturer of the lifts in this hotel was the same person that created Arkwright's till! They allow one person to enter or leave safely but they try to chop the second Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Mar 14, 2015
- Carnival Legend Cruises whingers and snobs Vlog - Video Link[[https://youtu.be/bND9LlAm5Vo|Carnival Legend Cruises whingers and snobs Vlog]] Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Mar 13, 2015
- Dry Creek Part II==Monday 9th March==
After showering all night the rain finally cleared by mid-morning, and our food stocks were getting desperately low (the bread had run out three days ago!) so we thought it would be a perfect day to visit Portland. Posted by bumnroundoz in Bum'n Round Oz | Mar 13, 2015
- Sydney to Adelaide by car in 18 hours[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/734430/D03B45929CF865A Posted by Shortland in Oz Silk Express | Mar 13, 2015
- Auckland to Sydney[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/734430 Posted by Shortland in Oz Silk Express | Mar 13, 2015
- Phillip IslandWe spent the morning at the Queen Victoria Markets in Melbourne but I will talk about that tomorrow as we will go back there on our free day here. I will also talk about Melbourne more generally. I Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Mar 13, 2015
- Watch 4 snakesOur GPS took us for a tour of rural New South Wales this morning. The scenery was very interesting. We came across an area where the signs warned of cattle on the road and shortly thereafter we came Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 13, 2015
- March 11 - ALBANY, AUSTRALIA
We have traveled far and are now halfway through our fantastic circumnavigation! We stopped in Albany, the oldest permanently settled town in the State of Western Aust Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Mar 13, 2015
- Inland to the Red CentreIf you look at our Blog Map you can see that for 12 months we have pretty much followed the coast around Oz. Now we were heading inland towards the centre of Australia and starting to realise how barren and Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Mar 12, 2015
- Western Australia- ReviewOkay, so this review was written a little while ago, but I've just had the PDF back to confirm it was published in the Hull Daily Mail in East Yorkshire, England.
SYDNEY Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef may hog Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Mar 12, 2015
- Visa News!!!!So, this week I had some exciting news - my VISA for New Zealand has been accepted!
Me and a friendly kangaroo in Perth
Having spoken to many travellers in Australia, most who ha Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Mar 12, 2015
- Melb'nWe managed to fly out safely from Cairns this morning. Tropical Cyclone Nathan is still active but is turning away from the mainland and heading back out to sea, so the bad weather in that area should improve. Posted by Tim Wettone in New Zealand and Australia | Mar 12, 2015
- An evening strollWe woke this morning to a cool and cloudy day in Melbourne. We were pleasantly surprised when the highway we chose to drive north was similar to an American freeway and we were able to set the cruise control Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 12, 2015
- Newcastle Regional show video[[http://youtu.be/A2YQh2oT3rY|Newcastle regional show]] Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Mar 12, 2015
- Special Edition Blog... Must see!!Ben went snorkelling in the Ewen's ponds while Erin wimped out and sat on the pontoon.
They are absolutley stunning.. some of the best snorkelling / Diving i have done! Only downside was I had no wetsuit and they are Posted by bumnroundoz in Bum'n Round Oz | Mar 12, 2015
- Carnival Legend - On Board Casino - Departing Australia 2015[[https://youtu.be/SzoHJooVdaE|carnival legend on board casino]] Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Mar 12, 2015