- Maguk[img=h Posted by RoacheyinNT in RoacheyinNT | Jan 7, 2015
- Welcome back to blogging Wow this post has been brewing for over 12 months...where does the time go? I think perhaps my diligence to the blog started to wear off after it stopped feeling like I was on a working holiday and work started Posted by RoacheyinNT in RoacheyinNT | Jan 7, 2015
- 5 & 6 December - Denmark and Walpole, WA
5 December - Albany to Denmark
Great sleep on the very windy jetty but woke up to a scorcher. Quick sweaty run up into Albany and then we headed off to do various camper van jobs (dump stat Posted by Jac Chester in Summer in Australia | Jan 7, 2015
- A very different Christmas and New YearBeen in Melbourne now for just over three weeks now, and it's a little bit weird, because on one hand it feels like the time (not to mention the money) has flown by and like it hasn't been that long, Posted by barney2186 in Barney's Big Oz Adventure | Jan 6, 2015
- Australia - the Gold CoastShopping
There are a lot of shopping malls on the Gold Coast. We began to understand their attraction on a hot and humid day when the lure of the air conditioning was most conducive to a bit of retail therapy. Even Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Jan 5, 2015
- Christmas in AustraliaWe seem to have had a general acclimatisation to a growing westernisation on our travels. From the otherness of China and Vietnam, we then experienced the focus on provision.for tourists in Siem Reap, the prosperity and driving on the left Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Jan 5, 2015
- Apologies!We would like to apologise for the lack of blog activities. We have all become far too relaxed in this laid back Australian atmosphere.
Normal service will be resumed soon! Posted by CandPandKandS in Across and beyond | Jan 5, 2015
- More Tasks CompletedThe countdown continues and we have just over three weeks to go before we set off for ft Lauderdale. Despite having lots of things still to do I'm quite relaxed and don't feel that sense of urgency that normally Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Jan 4, 2015
- Tumut to Huon Reserve, Lake humeHi again
Happy New Year to everyone. By now you will have figured out that we have landed in Victoria. Having had a nice, enjoyable Xmas in Adelong we were still waiting for our mail to arrive so we moved out Posted by robandpam in Rob & Pam road trip No 2 | Jan 4, 2015
- 2 and 3 December: Stirling Ranges to Albany2 December - Munglinup Beach to Stirling Ranges National Park
Headed off to Munglinup Beach this morning, the closest beach to the main Albany highway that was accessible to 2 wheel drives. Giggled as it was 29km which in normal life Posted by Jac Chester in Summer in Australia | Jan 4, 2015
- Sydney FireworksCelebrating the New Year, Hawaiian style in Sydney for the Fireworks.
[img=http://photos Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 4, 2015
- Summer ChristmasWith Christmas finally upon us we headed to the Victorian state to spend Christmas with some friends in Melbourne. Christmas day was spent with the traditional bucks fizz for breakfast, followed by a day at St Kilda beach. In traditional Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 4, 2015
- Sunburn, Storms and the Sydney Harbour BridgeMy first Shabbs in Sydney was really nice. Friday night dinner by candlelight was cool. After a fairly busy first week it was nice to sleep in the next morning (/afternoon). A chilled afternoon ended with a nice walk to Posted by gila in Gila Goes Global | Jan 4, 2015
- Our Travel in AustraliaWe are supposed to arrive at 07:00 at Sydney's airport !
Then, we will keep you updated via this blog, with our trip explained with pictures and a map !
We will do our best to give news regularly, but sometimes, in Posted by Juliengijs in Australia | Jan 4, 2015
- Moruya Heads to CowraShellharbour Beach farewelled us with a stunning sunrise Saturday morning.......
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690818/06C904F6F243B44C42D478FDF3A77A7B.jpg caption Posted by Ash-Clauds in Around Australia in 6 months | Jan 3, 2015
- All Checked inOnly took us about 1/2 an hour to work it out. 2 brains are better than 1. We are all checked in and ready to fly. Well maybe after a little repack on the Pendii side. It Posted by cgpendii in Fahpen Holiday | Jan 3, 2015
- Cwoffee with Team Barnes Posted by Nick Fone in Australia 2015 | Jan 3, 2015
- ReflectionsMemorable Moments:
~ in Griffith it was all about eating and drinking with family.
eating the freshly cured meats (and a new appreciation for salami) and drinking the homebrews around any kitchen table
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115 Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 13, 2014
Aussie to American
jumper - sweater
how you going? - how are you?
bonnet - car hood
ute - pickup truck
me - my (example: me mum)
Mum - mom
Roundabout - rotary
Heaps - lots
Jug - pitcher. jug of the bitters for Emilia at the Chinese re Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 13, 2014
- The Email at Slurrey HillsOur friend, Jess at the front desk knows all. All her recommendations are gospel, from breakfast to dinner and all in between. It was a short walk to Le Trader, a French/ Cafè for Sunday brekky with organic this and Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 12, 2014
- Kangaroo does not taste like chickenFor our Sydney stay we bought mymulti3 for $63 ea covers ferries, trains and busses.
We took lots of ferries.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115/548E1108ABA66032736693B957C3FA2E.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/495115/thumb_548E110 Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 11, 2014
- Getting Funky, not phobicOur last day in Queensland started out sunshine and unicorns:
We went to Barcelona, a restaurant at Abel Point Marina known for a curious fusion of Spanish and Whitsunday tapas, for non-hurried Cappuccinos and to eat breakfast, write postcards (with no Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 10, 2014
- The World of the ReefLauren, Matthew and about 150 of our closest friends chartered a boat to the Great Barrier Reef. With Cruise Whitsunday you saddle up to the Pontoon, either at Hardy or Knuckle Reef, conditions depending, and snorkel, dive, have a massage, Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 9, 2014
- Do you Didgeridoo?Adventurous DIY continental brekky of two poached eggs, two slices of toast- hold the Vegemite, apple and orange juices, and bad coffee, probably due to our inexperience with the coffee machine. It was a relaxed, slow breakfast on our deck, Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 8, 2014
- Thanks for the hangoverWe packed the boot and were off at 7, hangover intact, unable and unwilling to drink coffee. Teresa, what a trooper, made us toast, sans Vegemite. We were still giggling about the puzzle box. Flavio dropped us at Tullamarine at Posted by LaurendeMatt in australia | Jul 7, 2014