- Mine & Joe's Adventure in Australia so far...Well so far our adventure for Joe & I has been amazing.
Sadly the day we landed in Australia was the day Becka and Adam decided to go their own way.
We landed in Brisbane at 00:50am 15/03/14, made our way Posted by livetotravel14 in Our Big Adventure... | Jul 1, 2014
- Surprisingly Green then Bulldust then Palm TreesTravelled on well made road and through surprisingly green and undulating country side. Unfortunately it was really windy today and they were cross winds. We also found out that the window lock had not clicked in and one Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 1, 2014
- Numbers, Take 2Well! I had so much fun coming up with my first [[http://postcardfromtheheart.travellerspoint.com/39/|[Numbers]]] post, I thought I'd do a second one to tell the story of my East Coast travel. I bought a 1 way Greyhound bus ticket to travel Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Jun 30, 2014
- Kalbarri to Monkey MiaWoke in time to go to the pelican feeding on the Kalbarri foreshore. Not so freezing today! Unfortunately the pelicans are too well fed and did not attend their feeding! We have seen them in Phillip Island, Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 30, 2014
- KalbarriAnother cold start - 7 degrees for quite awhile. By 10am it was a little warmer but the wind picked up. We travelled inland to check out our first gorges. We started at Nature's Window and the Loop Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 30, 2014
- So much to tell - Alice SpringsIt's been a busy few days since we last wrote in the blog. We have had many adventures and also been out of phone/internet range for most of the time.
Where to start???
We went to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jun 29, 2014
- Into ‘The Territory’Saw Mt Isa from the Lookout a couple of times but the best time was after sunset.
After leaving Mt Isa, we containe Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jun 29, 2014
- Geraldton to KalbarriStarted in 3 degrees again, freezing! Had breakfast at the Jaffle Shack in town. My jaffle was made with raisin bread and banana and ricotta filling - not bad! The coffee was good according to Pete. Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 28, 2014
- Lancelin to GeraldtonThe day dawned much improved on yesterday's gale. Saw the sunrise on my morning walk. Very pretty!! Peter discovered that Lancelin has nice coffee at the nearby cafe. We finally made it to the pinnacles. Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 28, 2014
- Perth to LancelinHit the road late. Lost Robbie's thongs and kids' tennis racquets and seemed to take a long time searching for them. Found the thongs in Robbie's bed in the caravan. Could not find kids' racquets. Finally on the road, heading Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 27, 2014
- PerthCaught up with washing, drying and cleaning. Even got in some tennis!
Saw friends Dave, Megan, Fiona, Martin, Pia, Oli, Sue, Wayne, Sam, Luke, Kate, Corr, Lochie, Abbey. And got to spend lots of time with G&G (Grandma & Grandpa) and Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 27, 2014
- Achtung! Crocodiles May Be Present In These Waters.Just as birds are wont to migrate during the winter months, I have done the same and fled Melbourne's bitter cold for the tropics. This entry comes to you from sunny, sunny Cairns, in the far north of Queensland. Days Posted by lucyfbaird in You Can't Have a Favourite Place... | Jun 27, 2014
- The ‘Curry to The IsaThe road between these two towns is very different from anything we imagined. A slow and steady climb for 100k, in a landscape we had not seen before. The general green of the ‘Curry – we’ve been there Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jun 27, 2014
- The first flightI arrived at Melbourne airport in good time, but discovered when checking in that my two pieces of baggage (weighing an allowable 23kg) was one piece too many for United - US$100 for the extra one, but I had the Posted by Adamtrumble in Northern hemisphere 2014 | Jun 26, 2014
- Last Minute Challenges!Well, today, two unexpected things occurred. Firstly, I received a phone call from the travel agent. There is a problem with our Amazon tour. DFAT have issued a severity 5 alert and recommended DO NOT TRAVEL due Posted by DianeLewitzke in Enjoy the Journey | Jun 26, 2014
- Darwin to Daly Waters....... 26/5/2014I was up early again to finish packing. Hilaire was all sorted as she was leaving us today to fly to Cairns. She was to catch the shuttle bus out to the airport. On the road about 8:00 am, Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in The Road to Alice ... and beyond. | Jun 25, 2014
- CloncurryHappy Birthday Tia Lily! Know you are at camp and hoping you are having a great time.
Rush Hour at Winton Caravan Park
Sunrise at Winton
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/40 Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jun 25, 2014
- Diving the Yongala WreckSunk in 1911 due to a cyclone and undiscovered till 1958, this amazing wreck sits on the sandy bottom with no reefs nearby. This means there's an incredible about of fish life and activities here; the wreck is 109m Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Jun 24, 2014
- Margaret River to PerthAnother cold start, but mild compared with Eucla! Only 7 degrees. Headed off early for Lake Cave near Margaret River. Big and impressive, especially the opening and the 300 & 500 year old trees.
After that we grabbed lunch at Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 23, 2014
- Albany to Margaret RiverLast night the Lily van weathered a tremendous storm! Rain lashed and wind buffeted. Pete and I both thought we might get tipped over! We were all safe, warm and dry inside. It's just hard to get up in the Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jun 23, 2014
- Only a day to go...well for GaryGary's bags are packed and he's ready to go. We are just going through the last minute details. It seems we have had so long to plan for this trip but are now rushing to get everything done. We might Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jun 23, 2014
- Mt Isa to CairnsHowdy Folks
W'eve spent the last week or two having a look around North QLD, in Gulf Country and the Atherton Tablelands. We free camped for about 1/2 of this time and spent the other time in caravan parks. We had Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Jun 23, 2014
- LongreachSpent most of the day at the QANTAS Founders Museum. We both learnt so much during our time in this excellent facility. Surprisingly QANTAS do not contribute to the running of the place other than the donation of Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jun 23, 2014
- We are friends! - UluruOn Sunday morning we left Coober Pedy and went to the Northern Territory. It was a long drive to the Northern Territory but we eventually got there. Where we are staying the sand is so different to ours Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jun 23, 2014
- Sydney – Touristisches und AbschiedWellen aus Enttäuschung und erleichternder Befreiung vereinigen sich und versetzen mich in einen Zustand in dem ich mich leicht schwebend durch die Straßen schleppe. Ich habe fest gemacht, liege auf Grund und schaue über die nahen und fernen Ereignisse.
Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | Jun 22, 2014