- Billabong Roadhouse - Eine neue WeltIch muss an Entenbraten am zweiten Weihnachtstag denken. Wie es ist, die Glastür des Ofens zu öffnen. Man muss sofort drei vier Schritte zurück weichen, denn die Hitze schlägt einem ins Gesicht und blendet einen. Genau so ist es im Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | May 12, 2013
- Day 25 BurongaHappy Mother's Day to our Mums and the Mums reading this! ...and a special thank you to Sandra for being a surrogate daughter to Dorothy and visiting her today.
Today was an R&R day and clean up the dust day!
We Posted by vancoops in Coops Caravanning trip | May 12, 2013
- Only 3 weeks to go....Almost there for the organising, although a lot of places we stay in will be "following our noses".
Currently looking at a few castles to stay in, while we get amongst the Scottish history. The are some deals around, but Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | May 12, 2013
- The Road to the First FlightHey Followers,
I am about to embark on a world wind adventure round the world for about 7.5 months. The main continents on my journey will be Africa, UK, USA and Canada. Most of my time in Africa is in Posted by cavehillroad in Mawds Global Adventures | May 11, 2013
- Day 24 Broken Hill to BurongaWe thoroughly enjoyed Broken Hill but it was time to move onto our next destination which is Buronga (NSW side of the Murray River opposite Mildura).
Here is our usual picture of leaving the caravan park in Broken Hill:
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by vancoops in Coops Caravanning trip | May 11, 2013
- Packing, packing and a whole lot more packing!
I've done this many times, plan a trip, pack a bag and head away, simple right....this time however it's not just Posted by Lyndall Drennan in Honeymooning My Way Across the Globe | May 11, 2013
- Brisbane and WWOOFing near MelbourneWe said goodbye to Glenda and Mike on the 1st of May and drove the scenic way down to Brisbane, going via the Sunshine coast hinterland. This was a very pretty route and took us into the foothills of the Posted by miriam-dodo in Miriam and Dodo's travel blog! | May 11, 2013
- Early morning Hot Air Balloon before we left MilduraI’d read about the hot air ballooning over Mildura and thought what a great experience that would be. Low and behold, Birg noticed at 7am this morning one of them coming over the Murray river skyline! What an apt way Posted by gilbir in Looking far | May 11, 2013
- Billabong Roadhouse - Schreckliche WeihnachtenEr zieht das T-Shirt hoch und schmiegt seine an einen leinwandartigen Fesselballon erinnernde Wampe an ihr verzogenes Gesicht. Er spielt mit seinen Nippelringen, es werden Fotos gemacht. Zu dieser Zeit singen wir zu Hause normaler Weise gerade gemütlich W Posted by Jenlain in Andreas' passage | May 11, 2013
- Lunch at Stefano’s restaurant in MilduraWe had organised a lunch at Stefano’s Restaurant at the Grand Hotel in Mildura as we had watched a lot of his food shows. I was impressed that he’d put Mildura ‘on the map’ so to speak and thought it Posted by gilbir in Looking far | May 11, 2013
- Last Dinner with Julia, Tim and Jessica LewisWe headed out to the Lewis’s for our last visit with them. They have spoilt us rotten, Julia even brought some Koko Black chocolate back from her trip to Melbourne for us! Tim cooked up a sumptuous Irish stew with Posted by gilbir in Looking far | May 11, 2013
- Afternoon tea with my aunty and uncle, Marj and Bill Ford.After lunch we visited Marj (dad’s sister) and Bill and caught up on all their news. Jenny and Rob came too. It was lovely to see them again and hear about their three children (my cousins) Lyn, Karen and Russell.
Posted by gilbir in Looking far | May 11, 2013
- Morning tea at the Red Cliffs Bakery with Narelle, my cousinWe met Narelle at the Red Cliffs Bakery, which actually belongs to Belinda (my old school friend) and Peter Belsham! Narelle brought some info about our grandfather, George Mason with her and where he had served in the war. Posted by gilbir in Looking far | May 11, 2013
- Visit from Michelle and RubyAs we were coming home from our excursion with Jenny and Rob, Michelle called saying she and Ruby were in our caravan park driving around and looking for us so as to visit us. We said we’d be there in Posted by gilbir in Looking far | May 11, 2013
- Gallivanting around the countryside with Jenny and RobJenny and Rob came to the caravan park to check out our humble abode. We had morning tea and then headed off to Varapodio Olive Oil Estate which is in Buronga, NSW. We had a tasting and bought a few Posted by gilbir in Looking far | May 11, 2013
- Brisbane, QLDEasy drive to Brisbane and staying at a caravan park close to bus and train - 15km out off the city. Shops are close by too, so grocery shopping is walking distance. Caught up with David and Posted by margndave in Caravaning | May 10, 2013
- Day Trip to the Blue MountainsThe one place outside the city that seems to be on everyone's bucket list when they visit Sydney is the stunning Three Sisters sandstone rock formation in the Blue Mountains about 40 miles (60 kilometres) inland at Katoomba on the Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Apr 22, 2013
- MAROOCHYDOREBig drive today. Left iluka at 10am and hit the pacific highway. First stop Springwood in Brisbane for a cup of tea with Wayne and Jackie, Sherrie’s cousin and his wife. Our dear friend Fiona (fondly now Posted by buttermenthol in Swifty goes to Broome WA and back | May 10, 2013
- First week of school - GogoWe all survived our first week of school :)
We start school at 7.20am each morning with on-air morning muster lesson which is for the whole school to join in, this week was hosted by the Principal. Lara then has a Posted by Huntarla in French Family On Tour - Australia | May 10, 2013
- A Town called AliceSomeone else writes this entry, this time Aido.
We start our time in Alice by going to the largest classroom in the world!, the school of the Air! The school of the Air is for students who are unable to get Posted by gunning5 in Our Epic Aussie Adventure | May 10, 2013
- Home Rule North Queensland
Home rule waterfall
===After a brief stopover back at Cooktown after Elim, we headed for a small spot Jenna found on the net called Home Rule. It’s a small campground nea Posted by Jenaben in Living the dream Australia | May 10, 2013
- A bit of history about Broken HillStill a work in progress!
1835: the first European surveyor and explorer major Thomas Mitchell visits the area
1840s: Charles Sturt explores the region
1850s: sheep farmers move in
1882: Silverton is established
1883: Charles Rasp (Boundary Posted by vancoops in Coops Caravanning trip | May 10, 2013
- Fraser IslandOur day started with a free pancake breakfast at Dingo's hostel at 7am. We left our main rucksacks in a luggage store then joined the rest of our group next to our Toyota Land Cruiser Jeeps (click the link Posted by ourbonvoyage in Our Bon Voyage | May 10, 2013
- Day 23 Broken HillIt was another full day in Broken Hill.
Brian couldn't stand it any longer ..... He had to wash the car so we went to the local car wash to do the obvious. Mountains of mud washed off, we had Posted by vancoops in Coops Caravanning trip | May 10, 2013
- Byron Bay to Rainbow BeachFrom Sydney we caught an overnight bus to Byron Bay, leaving the city at night via the Harbour Bridge with a fantastic view of the Opera House all lit up. The bus was none of the luxury of the Posted by ourbonvoyage in Our Bon Voyage | May 9, 2013