- Alice SpringsWell we made it into Alice with minutes to spare. Pulled up in the campground of the Gap View Hotel. The big screens were on - the bar was packed - seemed as though most were pumping up Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Nov 4, 2016
- Nov 4 - Port Broughton, SAIt was a lovely 2.5h drive from Adelaide to Port Broughton, where Janie and John live. They live in a new retirement development, comprising 45 two- and three-bedroom bungalows. Also part of the development is a community centre which Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 4, 2016
- Some further discoveries so far...[center][/center]
* Survey reference tree
Found whilst stopping to look for a geocache en route to Lane Poole Reserve from Collie, via a gravel road we hadn't previously explored. This is an in Posted by Goannaray in Exploring with Goannaray | Nov 4, 2016
- Woomera, SAToday we travelled from Crystal Brook to Woomera, stopping at Port Agutta (Augusta) for a few hours to pick up supples. It was a really hot day - 35C and very windy.
On the way into Port Agutta there is an Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 4, 2016
- Rylstone, Farm and familyFantastic night last night with Sally Anne, Heath, Anne and Jonny. Good food and company sent the night spiralling away. Our good byes said we stepped into our hotel. The Kurrajong hotel is just up from Heaths workplace and a Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Nov 4, 2016
- Nov 3 - Adelaide, South AustraliaAfter 5 flights and 21.5h in the air, we have arrived at our first destination! We left Ottawa on Nov 1 at 2:00 PM and arrived in Adelaide at 2:00 AM Nov 3, Ottawa time. Janie and John Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 3, 2016
- Rylstone, Farm and family[img= Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Nov 3, 2016
- Victor Harbor, SA to Crystal Brook, SAWe arrived in Victor Harbor early afternoon on Monday via Bleasdale Winery (and of course bought some wine):
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/581504/FBB9C6D1-2..20963F Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Nov 2, 2016
- Nov 3 - 4th airport stop of 5We have landed in Sydney at 6:35 PM Nov 2 Ottawa time and 9:35 AM Nov 3 Sydney time. Sunshine and 24C!
We flew on a Boeing 777-200 LR. It has 40 first class pods, 24 premier economy Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 2, 2016
- Going home30 October 2016 - 1 November 2016
I was picked up from the hotel at 7.00am on Sunday and five flights and 40 hours later I arrived home at 3.00pm on Tuesday. I flew from New Orleans to Houston, to Los Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Nov 1, 2016
- Life on MaggieOnly 3 weeks left on this gorgeous island but I feel I've made the most of it; I use every day off to explore another part or try something new. Over the last few weeks I've done various little trips Posted by JustJen in Australia | Oct 30, 2016
- Rylstone, Farm and familyAwoke to a loud cacophony of mooing. Looked out the bedroom window to come face to face with the herd wandering over Sonia's garden around the house. Different path of travel I thought. No! Left open gate and Joker the Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 30, 2016
- Travelling around AustraliaOur first 2 weeks… October 14th – 28th.
I can't believe we're actually here... after months of hoping, planning, weeks of packing, sorting and finishing things off... we've finally left Sydney with the kids, car, caravan and a whole lot of Posted by LivingDreamz in TravelOz | Nov 11, 2016
- Travelling around Australia
Here is the start of my travel journal... ❤️ Zara Posted by Zara'sBloggy in Getting ready | Oct 30, 2016
- Rylstone, Farm and familyEarly morning start saw us on the road and heading through Melbourne down the Hume to Albury then off onto the Olympic Highway to Rylstone.
Culcairn for breakfast then on our way. The drive was good until we hit a group Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 30, 2016
- Dimboola (Vic) then onto Coonalpyn (SA)We left home at a very respectable 11:30am ... and no, we didn't stop just down the road for lunch this time 😬 - we actually waited for lunch till we arrived in Beaufort. Beaufort has a couple of parks Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Oct 29, 2016
- Heading to Central AustraliaYes, it's time to head off again - this time to Central Australia. We've had a few false starts but we're nearly packed, the car and van are washed,
Zayney is washed and her ea Posted by vancoops in Central Australia | Oct 27, 2016
- Days 292 to 296 - From Cairns to TownsvilleC'est la dernière ligne droite avant notre arrivée à Sydney. On se donne un mois pour faire les 2 600km qui restent et arriver à destination. On ne devrait pas avoir de problème car les arrêts "indispensables" sur la côte Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Oct 26, 2016
- Days 288 to 291 - Cairns et la Grande Barrière de CorailLe centre de la ville de Cairns est récent, tout petit, et l’esplanade est sous doute le coin le plus sympa. Une piscine a été construite face à la mer, mais lorsque nous y étions elle était en rénovation. Pourquoi Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Oct 26, 2016
- How tired?Brisbane Airport 8am.
Lovely after a 4 hour flight from Darwin in a oversized sardine tin. Comfort rating -1342366.
Ralphi having no problems staying awake. Everyone else struggling.
Arrived Brisbane 4.50am. Checked bags in at 6am and through customs Posted by Croralboo in CRORALBOO | Oct 26, 2016
- USA here we comeWell it's finally time! We are heading off for our trip to the United States of America...or as the boys call it "Yoosah". We do not know why. It must be a teenage thing. Or they are practising to fit Posted by Croralboo in CRORALBOO | Oct 26, 2016
- Days 286 & 287 - Mossman
Nous cherchons désespérément un camping, mais ils sont tous complets. Après un arrêt à Port Douglas, petite station balnéaire chic, nous posons notre tente dans le seul camping à Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Oct 26, 2016
- Days 284 & 285 - KurandaNous reprenons la route pour le sud, direction Cairns. L’objectif du jour : trouver un camping. Comme tout est complet et très cher (merci les retraités), nous allons dans les hauteurs, proche de la ville de Kuranda. Le camping de Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Oct 26, 2016
- Days 281 to 283 - From Coocktown to Palm Cove
Nous prenons la direction de Cooktown par la route goudronnée. Cette route vaut vraiment le détour, les paysages sont superbes. Pas de bol, on n'a Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Oct 26, 2016
- Days 275 to 280 - From Normanton to Atherton15 Juillet
Nous profitons de la nuit au sec pour faire la grasse matinée et nous partons à 10h. Après 3h de route, nous arrivons à Georgetown, petite ville de la même taille que Normanton. La ville est connue pour ses Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Oct 25, 2016