- UluruToday we headed towards Ayers Rock, we did the Mala Walk, but missed the guided walk.
The walk starts at 10am.
This walk is 2km return walk which takes about 30-45 mins.
It is very scenic, the best thing is probably at the Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 7, 2015
- How to do Tasmania in three days - with pictures and videoTasmania is a beautiful island so easily missed out while backpacking in Australia - but if you ignore it, you're missing a real treat.
Like anywhere when I'm travelling, I Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Jul 6, 2015
- Coober Pedy to YularaToday we left Oasis Holiday Park as planning to drive up to Yulara.
We first stopped in Cadney Park, here they have a range of gifts.
Second stop was Marla, they have a post box, supermarket, hotel, and petrol station.
Marla is a Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 6, 2015
- 6. Into the Empty Northern TerritoryAs we go west, most nomad rigs are now caravans hauled by 4wd vehicles. Jayco, Avida, Crusader, Elite – there are so many brands. There is only a sprinkling of motor homes and campers – we are in the minority. Posted by Outbackaus in Two Kiwis Go Outback | Jul 6, 2015
- Byron Bay - NSW
Famous for it's lighthouse trademark, as well as its pristine beaches, great surf breaks, lush tropical rainforests and eclectic hinterland villages,
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jun 20, 2015
- NINGALOO NINGLOO OH NINGALOO!![img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/739849/large_P6240867 Posted by Jenakel13 in Chicken Hat Heads West | Jul 6, 2015
- Day 30- Broken HillDistance
Our first rain of the trip, although it didn't last long.
Today was a day to explore some of Broken Hill. It is famous as being an outback mining town, silver, tin and Zinc as as being the birthplace of BHP Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jul 6, 2015
- At the airport ===Our day of airports ===
I am in the Sydney AirPort, we have a flight at 6.40 (pm) and we will have a 4 hour flight to Nuku Alofa in Tonga.
When we arrive in Tonga it will be 2.00 (am) and Posted by Livvy2015 in PACIFIC HOLIDAY! | Jul 6, 2015
- 5. Mining Towns in Queensland’s OutbackThe flat plains continue through the tiny lonely settlements of Kynuna and McKinlay. The latter has a pub that featured in the film Crocodile Dundee, and is apparently worth seeing inside, but a notice on the locked door says everyone Posted by Outbackaus in Two Kiwis Go Outback | Jul 5, 2015
- Coober PedyWe went walking today along the main street of Coober Pedy, and looked at shops.
The majority of shops here are opal shops,because Coober Pedy is the Opal capital of the world.
Then we went up the hill to the Big Winch Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 5, 2015
- Cape Leveque and the Horizontal FallsA very early wake up - 4.15 - to ensure we made the 5.30 pickup! We were actually picked up by the 4WD at about 5.50 - so we could have had a few more minutes of sleep! Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Jul 5, 2015
- Day 29- Pt Augusta to Broken HillDistance 420km
Another day on the Road, not as long as yesterday. The country to changing from lush pastures to more arid landscape as we drew closer to Broken Hill. The sheep on the Flinders ranges to the wild goats Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jul 5, 2015
- Mt Carmel Macadamia Farm, Rosebank - NSW
Rosebank is a thriving village on the edge of some of the region's most beautiful rainforest.
The Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jun 17, 2015
- Port Pirie to Coober PedyToday we got up early and left the Port Pirie Holiday Park
We had a 1hr drive to Port Augusta to top up at the supermarket and get some diesel.
Be alert when driving about animals on the road.
We were driving Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 4, 2015
- Day 28 Coober Peddy to Port AugustaDistance 546Km
Diesel $1.42/ litre
One of our biggest days driving wise, so an early start, we were on the road at 7:30am. We wanted to make a quick visit to the Catacombe church before leaving town. This is one of the Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jul 4, 2015
- Barossa Valley AreaToday we did a few attractions
We used the showers at Hahndorf Big4 really clean facilities
Then we went to Woodside to the Membas Chocolate Factory,motorhome friendly parking.
Also great attraction next door is the Cheese Factory.
Then we drove on to Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 4, 2015
- Day 27-Coober PedyDistance Travelled Zero KM
Our first day of no driving, well not quite true, but the first day Ian didn't do any driving.
Today we explored the town on foot. Ian and the boys explored the Old Timers Mine. This is an Posted by ianarelle in Our Outback Adventure | Jul 4, 2015
- First overseas trip!As mentioned above, I'm off to New Zealand for my first time overseas! I'll be there for three weeks, spending some time with my fiance's family and exploring parts of the North Island, and then after what will surely be Posted by kyle.krystal in Round The World | Jul 4, 2015
- BIRTHDAYSWell Mareeba, just 64 kms inland from Cairns and a thriving town.
We stayed at The Mareeba Rodeo Grounds, and on checking in asked if it was possible to wash the car and caravan - well of course we need the Posted by Juney59 in "LONG WAY TO THE TOP" 2015 | Jul 3, 2015
- MISSION COMPLETEOn the road again and up the Gregory Development road. Some 200kms we stopped to fuel up and take some memorable photos of GREENVALE, in Queensland. A very small typical country town, so a bit different to home. Posted by Juney59 in "LONG WAY TO THE TOP" 2015 | Jul 3, 2015
- Boarding SydneyAn early 5 AM start from Thirroul NSW, by train to Kingsford Smith airport, for our first connecting flight to Vancouver Canada on
Air Canada flight 34 departing at 10:20 AM local time from Terminal 1.
This will be a Posted by Tazzie Devilz in World Trip 2015 | Jul 3, 2015
- Next 2 Days in BroomeOur next 2 days in Broome were filled with more sightseeing, but in a leisurely way.
We decided to take the van out to some more further afield touristy spots. Our first destination was to Gantheaume Point (where at extremely Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Jul 3, 2015
- Days 24, 25 & 26
We left Alice Springs on the Morning of the 1st July and headed up the Stuart Highway. First stop was at the Tropic of Capricorn for the usual photo shoot.
The on Posted by bobandhiroe2015 in 2015 Trip Around Oz | Jul 3, 2015
- HahndorfWe woke up nice and early at 5:30am to get up to go to the Adelaide Central Market, we got to the city and since we had our campervan we could not find parking spaces, so after that we started Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 2, 2015
- AdelaideFirst we flew in from Auckland to Adelaide on a 4hr 45min flight.
We picked up our campervan,
and then we went shopping at this outdoor shopping mall called Harbourtown, with all outlet stores,
it was very hard to park places with Posted by andre2oz in Adelaide to Darwin Trip | Jul 2, 2015