- StrahanWe left Queenstown heading for Strahan travelling along another 30 kilometres of winding roads, but nothing like coming into Queenstown.
We decided to camp at Macquarie heads which is about 15 kilometres from Strahan along a dirt road. The camp was Posted by Pipandpop in Doug & Chris On The Road | Apr 18, 2016
- Esperance and beyondEsperance was a beautiful spot - coastline is a pretty picture and the water is a beautiful aqua-ish blue. The sand is pure white and there are plenty of rocks to climb. Caravan Park was inundated with white tail Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Apr 19, 2016
- The weekendOn Saturday, we had a much needed lie in after a rather stressful week. We then decided to go to High Point, which is one of Australia's biggest shopping centres. High Point is about a 4 minute drive from our Posted by BenAnna in South East Asia and Australia | Apr 18, 2016
- Trip 17 Easter 2016Trip 17
We left late (about 11am) on Good Friday and headed West with no traffic on the Warrego highway , we stopped for lunch at the Helidon rest area then continued on to Chinchilla then turned off for Condamine to Posted by Rontatts in SIDETRACKED | Apr 18, 2016
- Another beautiful evening in KingscoteAfter a lovely afternoon at Seal Bay we came back to our base in Kingscote. Our favourite Seal was still down by the jetty and happy to pose for us along with one of the many Pelicans which frequent these Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 18, 2016
- Seal BayAnother mild day on Kangaroo Island with cloudy skies. The weather has been perfect for our holiday and whilst we packed for cooler weather we ended up in shorts and T-Shirts for our morning walk into Kingscote.
After about 5kms into Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 18, 2016
- Days 157 & 158 - Barossa ValleyLa spécialité du coin, c’est la fameuse route des vins et les dégustations qui vont avec. Et les locaux ont tout prévu : il y a des pistes cyclables partout pour permettre aux visiteurs d’en profiter pleinement.
Nous commençons la journée, Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Apr 17, 2016
- Days 142 to 156: Port Willunga (Adelaide)Nous décidons de rester quelques jours dans ce coin et d'en faire notre base. A 45 min d’Adelaide, il est bien situé et c’est un des derniers campings avant « la vraie ville ».
Maslin Beach, la plage à côté Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Apr 17, 2016
- Trip 16 Dads 92nd BirthdayLeft Redland Bay at 7:50 and headed to Beaudesert then continued along the Mt Lindsay Highway over the range.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/637324/large_90_20160121_093 Posted by Rontatts in SIDETRACKED | Apr 17, 2016
- What to do in Hobart when you're not dancing tango[center][/center]
===On the Waterfront===
Founded at Sullivan's Cove in 1804, Hobart is Australia's second oldest capital (after Sydney). A good way to start you Posted by tangueratravels in Tanguera Travels | Apr 17, 2016
- Cape Borda LighthouseThere are three lighthouses on Kangaroo Island and it is my goal to see them all whilst we are here.
Our first planned stop was for coffee but we went via the jetty and found a seal looking very contented. It Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 17, 2016
- Sunset at Reeves PointI drove back to Reeves Point as the sun was going down and joined the birdlife at the point to enjoy the spectacular display
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/699129/large_DSC_04 Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 17, 2016
- Kangaroo IslandOur journey to Kangaroo Island began at the Sea Link port at Cape Jervis. We would travel on the Sealion 2000
The journey across the Backstairs Passage from took about 45 minutes whic Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 17, 2016
- Victor HarbourVictor Harbour was our next destination.
It was less than an hour's drive so we arrived well before we could check into our accommodation. We drove around the area for a time and then headed for The Bluff which overlooks the Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 17, 2016
- Mt Lofty SunsetAbout 20 minutes drive from Hahndorf is the Mount Lofty lookout which provides a spectacular view of Adelaide and surrounds in the foreground with the Gulf of St Vincent as backdrop.
After our trip to Monarto we headed back to Hahndorf Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 17, 2016
- Heading WestWe are heading west finally after spending 4 days in Hobart again, waiting for our new awning to arrive. We took the opportunity of having power and water to wash, clean and we shopped, had a haircut and the day Posted by Pipandpop in Doug & Chris On The Road | Apr 17, 2016
- Margaret River Wineries and BIG Karri Trees
==Margaret River Wineries==
We departed Shark Bay from Denham and flew two hours back to Perth. We then rented a car and drove 280 kms / 170 miles for three hours to Margaret River, Posted by janejoe in Western Australia | Apr 16, 2016
- Barcaldine to LongreachWe arrived in Longreach in 36 degrees. Even though the caravan park had no grass (5 years of drought), we needed to have our air con working, so we booked in for two nights.
Longreach (pop 3624) is great town Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Apr 16, 2016
- Monarto ZooThursday saw us heading off to the Monarto Zoo. This is an open plain zoo about half an hour's drive from Hahndorf.
Shuttle buses run every twenty minutes around a well defined track through each of the large exhibits with stops Posted by rca3561 in Vic & Rod - South Australian Travels | Apr 16, 2016
- Jericho to BarcaldineAfter the free camp in Jericho we planned to move on to Longreach, but Barcaldine ended up being interesting enough to spend a day there. We found a lovely free camp 14km out of town (narrow bitumen road filled with Posted by ChrisHenriette in Our big lap around Australia in 2016 | Apr 16, 2016
- Wallaman Falls and Abergrowie State ForestWe left from Arlie Beach nice and early as we had a big drive. We had decided not to stop at Townsville as we might be coming back down that way when we head over to Darwin so went straight Posted by Chelsandliam in Our Australian Adventures | Apr 16, 2016
- The search continued...Today, we had three viewings. The level of excitement increased with each viewing. Our first stop was Pascal's house. We found it easily and arrived early which was lucky because when we pulled up, ben received a phone call... A Posted by BenAnna in South East Asia and Australia | Apr 15, 2016
- New Norcia
St Gertrude's College
Built in the 1800's by Spanish missionaries, the old town of New Norcia is a little bit Posted by cbtraveller in Heading West | Apr 15, 2016
Stopped at the historical National Trust village of Greenough for a look around. Lovely old preserved vil Posted by cbtraveller in Heading West | Apr 15, 2016
- Nullarbor to Esperance.Hi everyone. Back in the land of phone signals. From Eucla telegraph station, we travelled a big day of over 600k's to land at a roadside camp at Fraser Range last night. Saw 7 or so wedge-tail Eagles and Posted by slamrs in chUGGing Tasmania and the West 2016 | Apr 15, 2016