- Heading to AustraliaHey All,
My name is Lesley and I am 26(soon to be 27) years old. I am travelling alone to Australia alone, planning on heading there around mid August. My plan is to travel for a bit and then settle Posted by lesleyscanada in Heading to Australia alone | May 4, 2015
- Where we'll beMay 26-28: Byron Bay to Auckland (Devonport)
May 28-June 1: San Francisco
June 2: Leave San Francisco in a rental car on a slow drive to Port Angeles, Washington State
All the dates from here are approximate:
[b]Jun Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni's Travels 2015 - USA&Canada | May 4, 2015
- Port AugustaFrom Quorn we followed a scenic, winding road down to Port Augusta - following the track of the Pichi Richi Railway - a scenic tourist rail that operates on weekends. Arriving in Port Augusta, we went to the Info Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvan | May 3, 2015
- The Flinders RangesWe hadn't originally planned to head into the Flinders Ranges - but while looking at maps at Chalk & Sam's we thought that we would. What a good choice!! A most beautiful part of Australia even in autumn Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvan | May 3, 2015
- Broken Hill to Peterborough to the Flinders RangesLeft Broken Hill - sighting the huge array of solar panels that is just to the west of the city / town and a bit further a hills hoist on the roadside - together with dry washing!! We also Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvan | May 2, 2015
- Menindee Lakes - Silverton - Broken HillLeaving Menindee Lakes we went back over the saltbush plains, dry creek beds, avoiding kangaroos and an emu family, to Broken Hill then straight on to Silverton.
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvan | May 2, 2015
- Horse Riding in The Hills - WA
With a lot of thanks to Jo for roping me into my first riding lesson in over 15 years!
This is Jo with Sally
Althoug Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Apr 15, 2015
- Day 1Midday flight with AirAsia
Posted by oz-e-traveller in Indonesia 2015 | May 2, 2015
- Day 13: White Cliffs, NSWWe decided to stay in White Cliffs for another day. After a walk into town (maybe 500m), we did a drive around the tourist track. The first thing we came across was the golf course. Here is the tee off Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | May 2, 2015
- Hilary's Boat Harbour & Dog Beach
Hilary's Boat Harbour
Hillarys Boat Harbour was the first such major marina in the north metropolitan region of Perth.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/Hila Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Apr 14, 2015
- TongarraWith 74 Islands and over 1500 types of fish the Whitsunday Islands offer one of the most beautiful spots in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef.
And that was where the catamaran 'Tongarra' was taken us for the upcoming two Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 1, 2015
- Day 12: Wilcannia - White Cliffs NSWWe decided to risk it ..... We topped up with fuel and didn't lose any car or caravan parts in the process!
The journey to White Cliffs was only 100km but our gps insisted it was 700km and would take 7 Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | May 1, 2015
- Noosa Heads to Airlie Beach The adventure on K'Gari was over, but there wasnt much time to relax. I had booked a sailing trip around the Whitsunday Islands for the 28th February - only one full day ahead. Lena and I had not much time Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 1, 2015
- Convicts & Colonials Trail, Perth - WA
Although the Swan River Colony was established as a free settlement in 1829, convict transportation was introduced in 1850 to answer the demand for a cheap and plentiful supply of labou Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Apr 20, 2015
- BrisbaneArriving in Brisbane later than we had anticipated, the boys and Mel were ready to go out for something to eat. As we unpacked the car it seemed never ending, where the heck did Carlene sit in that car?? Posted by Lyndoug1 in Keeping up with the Douglas's | Apr 30, 2015
- Day 11: Menindee - Broken Hill - Wilcannia Today our route was to Broken Hill for supplies, then off to Wilcannia.
Here is a last look at Copi Hollow:
All reports say NOT to stop in Wilcannia - they Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 30, 2015
- K'Gari aka Fraser Island[center]According to Aboriginal legend, when humans were created and needed a place to live,
the mighty god Beiral sent his messenger Yendingie with the goddess K’gari down from heaven
to create the land and mountains, rivers and sea. K’gari fell Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Apr 30, 2015
- On our way..........................We are sitting here having a leisurely lunch before we pack up the car and head off to Brisbane.
A hectic couple of weeks of getting ready for our trip, we are actually looking forward to the quiet time on the Posted by Lyndoug1 in Keeping up with the Douglas's | Apr 29, 2015
- Boom or Bust Trail - Perth
This historical walk through Perth city highlighted the ‘boom’ created by gold and the surge of growth, wealth and prosperity in Western Australia
that followed. The city’s population swell Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Apr 11, 2015
- A visit to the big smokeThe change between my Hokitika life and my visit to Melbourne was quite a drastic one, beginning with a much longer car journey to what i'd been used to these last few months (3 hours), the sighting of traffic lights Posted by rosebeagley in Live, love, kayak! | Apr 29, 2015
- Day 9: Menindee, NSWIt was a touristy day today and Zayney is in the car waiting to go:
We decided to head out to the weir, but discovered a Burke and Wills campsite along the way:
Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 29, 2015
- Cruises - The Hidden Costs Youtube link==[[https://youtu.be/VozWHfwEJpg|Cruises - The Hidden Costs Youtube link Click Here]]== Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Apr 29, 2015
- Day 10: Menindee, NSWToday is a day for relaxing before we hit the road tomorrow!
We've met som Posted by vancoops in Escaping winter 2015 | Apr 29, 2015
- Icons of Influence Trail, Perth - WA
When John Septimus Roe, naval officer, surveyor and Explorer, first laid out the city of Perth in 1829, he envisioned a powerful city at the centre of a strong economy. S Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Apr 11, 2015
- Three and a half sleeps leftWe have had our family get togethers this last weekend to catch up with all those close to us who are having birthday and Mother's Day celebrations while we are away. I had my last full day of work Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | Apr 28, 2015