- Karijini to Port HedlandAnother cold morning! But with a nice warm layer of dirt to keep us from freezing. We packed up with the help of the Spinifex Pigeons and headed for Port Hedland. When we got close enough to Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 13, 2014
- Karijini National ParkTook a while to get going as it was a freezing morning. The sun soon warmed us up. I'm starting to look tanned from the red dirt engrained in my skin. We drove to the other end Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 12, 2014
- Tom Price to Karijini National ParkWe took our time getting packed up after a fairly cold morning and a morning walk. Had showers in preparation for no showers in KNP. Got to Dales Campground around 12.30pm and snagged the second last caravan site Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 12, 2014
- Nitmiluk Gorge, KatherineAfter a morning of domestic chores and shopping, we headed out to the Gorge and kitted ourselves out for our great paddle up the first gorge.
It was quite hard work going against the cur Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 12, 2014
- Australia days 7-8We arrived in Sydney on an early morning flight. It was actually the first time that we attempted hauling our bags on public transit. Thankfully the Sydney train system is fantastic.
We easily made it to our accommodation – a Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Jul 11, 2014
- Leaving Darwin, heading to KatherineWe really enjoyed our time in Darwin, and were able to see an amazing amount in and around the city. There are so many more goods and services available to residents now and the prices were not exorbitant. Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 11, 2014
- deposit paidSo today we paid our deposit for Busabout.
I happened to be on Facebook the other day when I saw a promotion to lock in 2015 tour dates at the 2014 prices. So we paid a deposit on the loop ticket, Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 10, 2014
- Thursday 11/7The days are reducing until we farewell our friends gibbon, Liz and Dave, the weather is settling in as cold and miserable just like us. Planning a fun, warming, drunken dinners next Friday to show them just what they are Posted by Morose Melb in Bring it on! | Jul 10, 2014
- 8: Tyto wetlands and Return of the hikersMoved out of my Cardwell home by 10am and drove down to Ingham. After a "veggie stack" lunch at a restaurant in town, I spent 3 hours at the Tyto wetlands in Ingham. Only 3 other people there, all British Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 10, 2014
- If the City is good, out of it may be even better!Well I've been here five weeks now and one thing that I have learnt over the last three weeks or so is just how good it is to get out of the major city and see some of the suburbs Posted by barney2186 in Barney's Big Oz Adventure | Jul 9, 2014
Can you read me?
Posted by fay_bee in Iceland 2014 | Jul 9, 2014
- 7: Hinchinbrook walk/peaceful Carwell timeThe boys caught the boat to the island to start the Thorsborne trail at 8.00 on Friday the 4th after a few spots of morning rain. The little boat came to shore right outside our Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 8, 2014
- 6: Ready for the Thorsborne TrackOur first stop today was the Townsville Marina where we met up with Peg for brunch. Unfortunately she's still recovering from a virus and can't go on the Hinchinbrook walk after all. We all climbed aboard "Starlight" for a while, Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 8, 2014
- Adzin 12: Australië oostkust / Von Sydney nach Brisbane
We vlogen met het vliegtuig van Nieuw Zeeland naar Sydney in Australië. Deze vlucht hadden we twee maanden eerder binnen twintig minuten geboekt, net voordat we van Singapore Posted by UrsulaAnton in Great new experience | Jul 8, 2014
- Tom PriceChecked out the mines. I got to see see what used to be Mt Tom Price - now a large hole in the ground. Lots of big equipment. Everything covered in red dust. After that we Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 8, 2014
- Exmouth to Tom PriceSet out as early as possible - 9am it turned out!
Drove nearly non-stop to Nanutarra roadhouse. Gas and petrol are so expensive there it feels like you've been in an unarmed hold up when you leave! Other than Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 8, 2014
- ExmouthStarted off with a trip to Charles Knife Gorge. Fantastic views of the Exmouth gulf. Then checked out Bundegi beach and the VHF towers - tallest man-made structures in the Southern Hemisphere. Not that exciting! then Posted by gehaland in 2014 Australia Trip | Jul 8, 2014
- Lazy DaysIt has been 16 years since we were here and we have noticed many changes in Darwin. The city itself now has more high-rise buildings and there is more traffic – though nowhere near home. The infrastructure has Posted by GLIB2011 in Wykes Wanderings | Jul 8, 2014
- 4: A very long driveA 650k drive today, and the car was so loaded with packs and other essential hiking equipment that we had only side mirrors for rear vision and the two boys were so crammed about with luggage in the back seat Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 8, 2014
- 3: Meeting up with the boysMore time to catch up with Katy over a very welcome healthy breakfast. Before continuing north, we went with Katy to ride on the little train in Casino which included a visit to the railway museum. The trains looked very Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 8, 2014
- 2: Travelling North out of the coldBacon and eggs for breakfast made just for us at our motel, then off to Casino. Not such a long trip today - only about 450k. We had lunch at Glen Innes, going to a cafe that seemed popular Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 8, 2014
- 1: Off at lastDidn't get away until nearly 2pm, having lunch at Coolo before we left.
Finally we headed north away from the cold, through Cowra, Canowindra and Molong. By the time we got to Wellington it was dark and still far from Tamworth, Posted by Farhorizons in Farhorizons | Jul 8, 2014
- So long, Adelaide....Unbelievably, we are in week 11 of our SA stay, with just a handful of days left to complete our to-do list here. There's been no shortage of activities and sights to keep us occupied and we can say right Posted by Ron.Shaz in Ron & Shaz's Roamin' Holiday | Jul 6, 2014
- CairnsHi Everyone
Hope all is well back home, we hear that winter has really set in. You probably don't want to here that we are enjoying sunny warm weather at the moment, temps around mid to high 20's.
We have just spent Posted by Buckley11 in The Buckleys Big Adventure | Jul 6, 2014
- Time to turn left - Jabiru (Kakadu National Park)On a tour the other day we were talking to a family who have been on the road for three months now. I asked them their favourite place. The answer - We go somewhere, think this is great, say Posted by adamsj100 in Are we there yet? SA, NT and WA | Jul 6, 2014