- Traveling through range landAgain we start our day's story with a return to the previous evening.
We were talking with the managers at the motel we were staying at asking the name of our mystery bird. The man we were speaking to Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Apr 4, 2015
- Day 19Day 19. 1st April. (No fools here)
After a great stay in Lakes Entrance, today we head south to the Central Gippsland region to a little historic gold mining centre called Walhalla, located in the mountainous foothills of Mt Baw Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Apr 3, 2015
- Good FridayWe start our story with going out for supper/dinner last night. We bravely set out from our hotel to walk the four blocks to the restaurant we wished to dine at. We got within a block of the restaurant and Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Apr 3, 2015
- The Cosmopolitan - MelbourneThe City of Melbourne has produced some great walking guides, that help you get to know the city and see parts you might not see, or notice.
The Cosmopolitan Walk shows you stunnin Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 6, 2015
- Lunch guest and Tropic of CapricornThis morning when we got in our car to begin our journey south to Gladstone we were surprised to find that the temperature was on +24C (75 F) as the early morning temperature has been about +30C (86 F) for Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Apr 2, 2015
- Where we'll beMay 26-28: Byron Bay to Auckland (Devonport)
May 28-June 1: San Francisco
June 2: Leave San Francisco in a rental car on a slow drive to Port Angeles, Washington State
All the dates from here are approximate:
[b]Jun Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2015 - USA & Canada | Apr 1, 2015
- Opals - Melbourne
Opal is the national gemstone of Australia. Australian opal has often been cited as accounting for 95-97% of the world's supply of precious opal, with the state of South Australia acco Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 7, 2015
- Happy April Fools' DayArt was reading an article in a magazine. He found these facts about April Fools' Day.
"In the 1500's France decreed that the new year would begin on January 1 instead of early April to coincide with the Roman calendar. Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 31, 2015
- My current daily view - Things should improve Posted by HSROnline in Euro Win Trip | Mar 31, 2015
- Waterfalls, banana and happy mangosOur story today begins last evening. As you may recall we had a cockroach visit us in the morning. Later in the evening as Art was working on the computer a cockroach scurried across the table and gave Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 31, 2015
- Day 18.Day 18. 31st March.
I woke early and decided to try to get a few sunrise photos. [float=right][/float]
With the lakes, fishing fleet and a clear morning right on my do Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 31, 2015
- Day 17.Day 17. 30th March.
Up early this morning to check out the sun rise and any wildlife still lurking around the cabins. The local Roos had gone but the Ducks were there feeding on the fallen apples. Seems the Currawongs Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 31, 2015
- Day 16.Day 16. 29th March.
We leave Wodonga today to start the 3rd leg of our road trip. We head over the Vic Alps to Gippsland for 6 days before boarding the Spirit of Tasmania on Friday night.
As we didn't have Posted by PETERnHILAIRE in 2015 AGM ROAD TRIP | Mar 31, 2015
- The Great Barrier ReefMarch 28
Before leaving for Port Douglas. I booked the train/skyrail trip to Kuranda. for April. 3. On my way up to Port Douglas, I stopped at Palm Cove. It's a quaint little town with a gorgeous beach and Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Mar 31, 2015
- CHARLES R.LONG AND THE VICTORIAN SCHOOL PAPERS1886 Sep 25 “Argemone” appeared in Hamilton “Spectator” 25/9/86
1887 Jan Sidney Walker, 14 year old son of Charles Palmer Walker, accidentally shot and killed.
1887 July 8 Posted by algordon in 8. THE LEGACY | Mar 31, 2015
- Sydney Australia for first time visitor Vlog Youtube Link[[https://youtu.be/-2UzC5n3gY0|]] Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Mar 31, 2015
- Pre Trip Plan - getting finalised.Adelaide, SA, Australia
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Pompei, Campania, Italy
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Florence, Tuscany, Italy
Donnini, Toscana, Italy
Florence, Tuscany, Italy
Venice, Veneto, Italy
Milan, Lombardy, Ita Posted by HSROnline in Euro Win Trip | Mar 30, 2015
- Arriving in Melbourne
Our first day in Melbourne was a long one! The first view of Melbourne appeared as the sun came up
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/First_View_of_Melbourne.jpg Posted by charlystyles in Charly & Eric's adventure | Mar 4, 2015
- Australian HospitalityAs I am writing this post it is around 6:00 am in Dublin, Ireland. No I am not still up from partying the night before, rather I am up early after sleeping off the jet leg which was Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Mar 30, 2015
- Monday March 30th
We spent the day doing errands. Sorry no pictures.
We got our monthly haircuts this morning. Our hairdresser was from Dublin, Ireland on a one year work visa. She was very entertaining and did a great Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 30, 2015
- Today is the day18 months since Ando gave his blessing to go without him and 18 months of saving, the time is here. Well nearly, plane delay of an hour before we depart Albury for Sydney which is our eta for today Posted by mitnatbr in Ando's in USA | Mar 29, 2015
- THE IMPRESSIONIST PAINTERSTIME LINE-CONTINUED
1874 Jan 18 Black Tom Oliver died. “Sladen Humphris Page 232”
1875 A short novel “Twixt Shadow and Posted by algordon in 8. THE LEGACY | Mar 29, 2015
- THE LEGACY LIVES ON1900 June Australian Literature Society anniversary meeting chaired by C.R.Long (Fitzroy City Press Vic. Friday 6 July 1900 Page 3)
1900 Oct 23 Mr .Lance.A. Skulthorpe professional horse trainer, son of Mr. J.R Skulthorpe, Moree NSW repeated Posted by algordon in 8. THE LEGACY | Mar 29, 2015
- Australien - Teil 2Nach rund zehn Tagen in und um Sydney zogen wir weiter in die Hauptstadt Canberra. Canberra ist eine Planstadt und wurde 1908 als Kompromisslösung zur Hauptstadt gewählt, um die Rivalität zwischen Sydney und Melbourne zu schlichten. Der Spatenstich Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Mar 29, 2015
- A quiet day and some beach side featuresWe have had a quiet day. We did some shopping and then spent the rest of the day reading or relaxing.
We thought we would share some of the structures in our neighbourhood.
Of course, Reta's potty humour comes Posted by A-RPoulton in New Zealand/Australia 2015 | Mar 29, 2015