- Living on a boat in Innisfail - Far North QLD
Innisfail is a town located in the far north of the state of Queensland., which until 1910 was known as Geraldton. It is the major township of the Cassowary Coast and is well re Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Sep 16, 2015
- Dancing Tango in Hobart[center][/center]
Apparently I was staying in a remote part of Hobart. The driver of the airport shuttle reluctantly agreed to drop me off, but said I'd have to get my return pick up from one Posted by tangueratravels in Tanguera Travels | Oct 11, 2015
- Seahorses on Magnetic Island - North QLD
For over 30 years Horseshoe Bay Ranch (originially Bluey’s) has provided travellers from all over the world with the truly magical experience of swimming with their horse in one of the Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Sep 10, 2015
- The Home StretchThursday we visited the Jewish Museum of Sydney. It is in the former Jewish Community Centre that was refurbished for the museum. The museum’s focus is educational as most visitors are not Jewish. It has a section on Judaism 101 Posted by Vita and Mel in Australia | Oct 9, 2015
- Norfolk Island: 2015Here's a few photos from Norfolk Island:
Kingston penal colony.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 9, 2015
- The Great RaceDay 6
Up bright & early with around a 4 hour ride to our first race of the trip, Bathurst 1000. I spent the afternoon prior plotting our route using a motorcycling atlas recommended to us by our good friend & Posted by Ross_Tess in Downunder 3 Race Road Trip | Oct 9, 2015
- Rock Wallabies, Magnetic Island - North QLD
The rocky terrain and dense vegetation of Magnetic Island is home to Allied Rock-Wallabies.
Their subtl Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Sep 12, 2015
- HomeWe arrived home at around 5pm today after a few stop offs.
Will post description and pictures tomorrow!
Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Oct 8, 2015
- Clare to WartookLeaving the beautiful Clare Valley, we soon arrived in Kapunda. It is the site of the first commercial mine in Australia - copper. We completed a drive around many of the historic sites:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/73801 Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Oct 8, 2015
- Walking on Magnetic Island - North QLD
One popular activity on Magnetic Island is making the most of the walking tracks. I spent a whole day exploring the island and discovering beaches that only be reached on foot.
After gettin Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Sep 12, 2015
- Sydney and ManlyTuesday and Wednesday and Thursday Oct 6, 7, 8:
We are fortunate to be visiting Australia during their early spring. In fact they changed their clocks to Daylight Saving Time last weekend, a sure sign of spring, providing an extra hour Posted by Vita and Mel in Australia | Oct 7, 2015
- Halls Gap, VictoriaYes, we ended up at Halls Gap .... it's a long story how we got here ..... more of that later....
First of all, as we left Meningie, we found a very tame ostrich (yes, I know it's not Australian!)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/581504/270_92 Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Oct 7, 2015
- The Forts, walking on Magnetic Island - North QLD
This walk leads to World War II coastal fortification with stunning views of the Palm Islands, Cape Cleveland, Bowling Green Bay National Park and the granite boulder landscape below.
[img Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Sep 11, 2015
- 17. Nearly to PerthWe don’t intend to go to Lesueur National Park. But we get side tracked. Travelling along the Indian Ocean Drive, we call into the beautiful Jurian Bay for a wander on the beach, another of white sand and brilliant blue Posted by Outbackaus in Two Kiwis Go Outback | Oct 7, 2015
- Home Town - TamworthDay 5 Tamworth.
After a few drinks last night with our family we woke up this morning a little ordinary but came good to go and do some sight seeing and the popular tourist things like find the Golden guitar and Posted by Ross_Tess in Downunder 3 Race Road Trip | Oct 6, 2015
- Lake Albert, Meningie, SAThe weather forecast for our destination of Ararat was windy and in the high 30s, but at Lake Albert the forecast temperature was 26, so we decided to stay here for another day! Zayney was very pleased.
The day started with Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Oct 6, 2015
- Lake Albert, Meningie, SAWe decided to leave Brinkworth early to try to escape some heat. Forecast was for 39C. We set our alarm for 7am, which is pretty early considering a few days ago that time was 430am being WA time and no Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Oct 6, 2015
- Good AdviceDay 4
I had a bit of a sleep in as I was being educated by the locals in the bar about cattle & grain last night over a few cold ones at the Royal Hotel we decided to pull up Posted by Ross_Tess in Downunder 3 Race Road Trip | Oct 5, 2015
- Zero sleeps to go!The bags are packed and we are pottering around the house, giving the dog extra cuddles and making sure things are good to go for our house-sitter. Posted by JasRenTahJac in US holiday 2015 | Oct 5, 2015
- Animal Encounters on Magnetic Island - North QLD
Magnetic Island is an island 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) offshore from the city of Townsville.
This 52 km2 (20.1 sq Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Sep 11, 2015
- Brinkworth, SAThis as a return visit to Brinkworth as we stayed here on the way to WA. This time though, it was very hot - around 39C. Luckily, we had power for the air con! Posted by vancoops in South Western Australia | Oct 5, 2015
- Sydney and Blue MountainsSydney and Blue Mountains: Sunday and Monday Oct 4 and 5
This entire country is interesting and different and Sydney is certainly no exception. The biggest city and most metropolitan, it reminds us of New York (without Times Square). It was Posted by Vita and Mel in Australia | Oct 5, 2015
- Fasten you seat beltsDay 3.
What a brilliant game!!!!!! Cowboys won the grand final in a golden point extra time win, best grand final ever & we saw it in Broncos heartland!!!! We lived in Townsville (Cowboys home town if you did not know) Posted by Ross_Tess in Downunder 3 Race Road Trip | Oct 5, 2015
- Port Augusta to ClareThe drive from Port Augusta to Port Pirie was hot and the landscape changed from the dry, arid saltbush plains to a return to cropping - most of which are nearing harvest - a change from much of the cropping Posted by 2015MADvan in 2015 Travels of MADvanWA | Oct 5, 2015
- Townsville Queenspark - North QLD
Castle Hill is a heritage-listed isolated pink granite monolith standing in the heart of the north Queensland city of Townsville.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Sep 10, 2015