- On to Austria! Sat. 9/24/2016: we say Auf Wiedersehen to Munich, rent a sporty little red Opal with a turbo and head out on the Autobahn to Salzburg, Austria. I was doing about 95 mph and still being passed... Vroom, vroom!!
We stopped Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 28, 2016
- Weekend party In SalzburgThere is definitely a difference between visiting and staying in a place during the week, and being somewhere over a weekend! Now I'm not saying that we like the places we have visited any less, its just that everything ramps Posted by ShelleyJ in Eurail Adventures | Sep 24, 2016
- Ehrwald, AustriaEhrwald, Austria
Wish I was here for more than one day. What a gem of a city. Ehrwald Austria is at the foothill of the Zugspitz which is the highest mountain in Austria. We stayed at Mair's Landgasthof in Posted by Horstmeyer in Austria, Germany 2016 | Sep 24, 2016
- Grossglockner Alpine RoadGrossglockner Alpine Road
We left Hallstatt after having a wonderful breakfast that Helga prepared for us. Our drive from Hallstatt to Fusch took approximately 1.5 hours through the Austrian Alps. You have to pay a toll of 35 Euro Posted by Horstmeyer in Austria, Germany 2016 | Sep 23, 2016
- Beautiful Hallstatt, AustriaHallstatt, Austria
We left Munich at 8:30 am and stopped at the local laundry mat to wash our clothes. Always fun as we can't read what the machines say. We had a beautiful drive to the small Village in Posted by Horstmeyer in Austria, Germany 2016 | Sep 22, 2016
- Salzburger On Friday morning we farewelled Pat and Belinda temporarily, as they headed to Berlin and Leipzig while we set off back to Austria. Team Buccas had a smooth run to Salzburg, while Team O'Bennett had a less than ideal Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Sep 20, 2016
- Homeless to hipsterNothing says happy Monday like a pre-breakfast swim, right? We got our week off to a good start in the hotel pool and then did some post-breakfast Mittenwalding (with a special focus on the bakery). Unfortunately all the Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Sep 16, 2016
- Friedrichshafen, Germany – St Anton am Arlberg, Austria – ArAfter a stroll around the Saturday market in Tettnang (another sunny day) we drove the short distance into Friedrichshafen, to visit the Zeppelin museum. Wow, those things must have been amazing to see, 240m long and trying to imagine travelling Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary Tour - The Sequel | Sep 12, 2016
- Tag 4 FortsetzungAn Wien. Ausschiffung bis 10 h – danach Fahrt mit der D zum Hauptbahnhof und Rückkehr nach Kärnten mit dem Zug Posted by fegoesrhein in FE goes Rhein | Sep 10, 2016
- Sporthotel Sillian, Our Residence on the Austrian Dolomites
We wanted cool weather, pure relaxation, an active lifestyle and healthy food. A trip to the Alps seemed like the perfect way to accomplish all of these goals. Especially when our Posted by lbob in Little bites of beauty | Sep 7, 2016
- DAV Glacier and Mountaineering Course 2016[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Sep 4, 2016
- Day 34 ViennaWe were going to have an early start today but didn't get away until 9.30. We started the day at Schronbunn Palace which is a world class attraction. We spent 4hrs thereand went through the Palace, the gardens, the mazes, Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 31, 2016
- Day 33 Budapest to Vienna by trainWell today we realised we had been scammed by a taxi driver yesterday. He charged us 6000HUF for a ride from train station to our hotel. This morning same trip. Cost 1500HUF!!!!!!!!!!!. The Budapest station was veryyyyyyy interesting. Very unhelpful Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 30, 2016
- Fortsetzung folgtJetzt haben wir mit Mutti zwei Reisen per Schiff über 3.500 km quer durch ganz Europa gemacht –im Juni 2014 auf der Donau von Tulca am Schwarzen Meer bis Passau und im April/Mai 2016 von Amsterdam auf Rhein, Main, Main-Donau-Kanal Posted by fegoesrhein in FE goes Rhein | Aug 24, 2016
- Und noch ein Wort zur ReiseDie Flusskreuzfahrt von Amsterdam nach Wien war eine der abwechslungsreichsten Flusskreuzfahrten, die ich bis jetzt gemacht habe. Viele der schönsten Städte Deutschlands liegen an den Ufern der befahrenen Flüsse. Da wir auf unserer Reise 76 Schleusen durc Posted by fegoesrhein in FE goes Rhein | Aug 24, 2016
- Austria Part 2Weather has improved further. Chill out day with river walk, gelato, reading and then mountain kasespatzle for dinner. Yum! Off to Italy next!
[img=http://photos Posted by philandleni in Our honeymoon | Aug 8, 2016
- Austrian adventuringBreakfast at camp... eggs, bacon and coffee!
A dry but cloudy day- gradually revealing more of the stunning mountains. Walked to Brand along a panoramic route Posted by philandleni in Our honeymoon | Aug 6, 2016
- Herlizercher willkommen in österreichFound a lovely campsite in the village of Langenfeld, Austria. On arrival Phil announced "these are the best toilet facilities in any campsite I have ever stayed at". Now enjoying grost'l and beer at the local 'die subderalm'. There is Posted by philandleni in Our honeymoon | Aug 5, 2016
- Kufstein[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/DSC_9252.jpg thumb=h Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 9, 2015
- Grey day in Fussen[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/DSC_9184.jpg thumb= Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 8, 2015
- Over the Plockenpass I really enjoyed the last couple of days driving over the alpine roads of the southern Tirol and into the Dolomites. This is motorcycle heaven and lots of hotels and cafes advertise motorcyclists welcome, the roads are twisty and steep Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 1, 2016
- Austria 2We had been thinking about the next few months of our journey now that the weather appears to have settled down now we are halfway through Austria. The fate of the £- € conflict has still to be finalised but Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 28, 2016
- Happy Birthday LianneLast year we were watching Dolphins on The Black Isle in Scotland as Lianne loved her visit to SeaWorld and always loved Dolphins.
We arrived last night at a lovely spot with a fantastic view and a very pretty restaurant/bar. Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 28, 2016
- Austria More cloud and rain overnight and we headed into Austria and back out again and then into Austria, complicated but inconsequential borders. Garmisch-Partenkirchen we supposed was a posh ski resort, not so, but a good Aldi stop.
We always take Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 27, 2016
- Days 11, 12, & 13: Salzburg, AustriaDay 11
We took the 10:55am train from Munich and arrived in Salzburg promptly at 12:41. Train travel in Europe is wonderful. We had a table where we ate pastries and drank coffee and talked the trip away (ok, er played Posted by abbyyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jun 23, 2016