- A little town of breathtaking viewsSituated in the heart of the Austrian lake country, Hallstatt is the crown jewel of the Salzkammergut area and is home to the view that adorns every calendar or postcard featuring the Austrian Alps. Most people who visit Hallstatt make Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Oct 3, 2015
- Vienna, Austria==20 September 2015==
Some will say we are little crazy deciding to forgo six days in Vienna for time in Cesky Krumlov and Salzburg - with only 24 hours to explore this beautiful city.
We took the train from Salzburg, arriving in Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Oct 1, 2015
- Salzburg, Austria==17-19 September 2015==
Getting to Salzburg was an easy shuttle ride (about 3 hours). Our driver, Tomas, took a liking to us and dropped us off right at our guesthouse - Pension Jahn (yes, just like Karen and Shel). Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Sep 25, 2015
- Are you excited? I'm excited!Another entry so soon? I had to write about my friend Jeremy coming to visit. We've been friends since the 5th grade, and it was really exciting to have him and his wife Bryn come for a visit. The minute Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Sep 12, 2015
- Day 120 - Friday 28th August - Krimml to MunichToday we had a lie in, not felt like we've had one for a while so I took that advantage as we've only got the waterfalls to see today, Munich i've decided we can see tomorrow. With looking out Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 11, 2015
- DAY 119 - Thursday 27th August - Salzburg to KrimmlSo check out is at 11am which is actually a good thing as at least that gets me up, showered and back in the van to see the rest of the Sound of Music that i haven't been able to Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 8, 2015
- DAY 118 - Wednesday 26th August - Maishofen to SalzburgYes, yes, yes, today is the day...today is the birthday and christmas presents all rolled into one, today is the Sound of Music tour today and a luxury of a real bed!!! The only day in which i'm putting Ellie Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 8, 2015
- DAY 117 - Tuesday 25th August - Zee am See to Glossglockner Its a main road so at 6.30am its time to get up and the car spaces that were next to me are all pretty much taken up! The village itself of Zee am See is an old beautiful looking Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 8, 2015
- DAY 116 - Monday 24th August - Hallstatt to Eisriesenwelt toNot the quietest road in the morning, seems like everyone in Austria are up and about from 6.30am, and as i parked side on to the road it that meant that during the night HGV lorry lights were beaming through Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 8, 2015
- DAY 115 - Sunday 23rd August - Aggsbach Markt to Melk toAt 6.30am I'm wide awake and with not able to sleep get back to sleep then I may as well get on up and start the day early. Ellie it seems could sleep in longer if required as she's spread Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 8, 2015
- DAY 114 - Saturday 22nd August - Modling to Vienna toUp early, and not with the noise of the traffic you normally get with being parked by the side of the road, but with the light shining on through the blinds. Could it be...could it be the sun rising and Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 8, 2015
- DAY 113 - Friday 21st August - Murfeld to Graz to Oslip toIt's so quiet around here that i manage to have a little lie in before using the electrics a tad longer to write up some more of the blogs. There's a breakdown recovery van here for one of the motorhomes Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 8, 2015
- DAY 112 - Thursday 20th August - Gurk to Wolfsberg toWell nothing in Europe is more a-tuned than the church bells starting the day for everyone, and everyone is at 7am of which the Gurk Cathedral was no exception so 7am it is and i'm getting up. The clouds are Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 8, 2015
- The Hills were Alive in AustriaThis will be the last post of the vacation, overviewing our time in Salzburg and Bad Ischl. I will start however, by coming out of the closet and stating that no, we did NOT go on a Sound of Music Posted by amwila in Europe 2015 | Sep 7, 2015
- Melk and Durnstein 25 8 2015Arrived in Melk during night. Went for a fabulous tour of the Melk Abbey. it is the home to Benedictine Monks about 30. Used to house over 100. It is currently used as a school for Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 30, 2015
- Vienna 26 08 2015Woke up to a beautiful view at Vienna. It has been very hot with temps up in the 30s.
Had a bus tour past beautiful buildings in Vienna and places of interest. Alot of walking as the city Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 29, 2015
- DAY 111 - Wednesday 19th August - Ferlach to Klagenfurt toNormally the sun starts to shine through now at around 5.30-6am but with days leading closer to the Autumn and with the clouds that won't seem to go away then i'm left to sleeping in a bit longer than normal, Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 28, 2015
- DAY 110 - Tuesday 18th August - Natters to Airport toWould you Adam and Eve it, on Stef final morning here in Austria the sun was actually shining!!! At one point last night Stef was going to wake up at 6am to do everything she wanted...then we moved it to Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 28, 2015
- DAY 109 - Monday 17th August - Oberstdorf to Tall in Tirol tWe wake up to another overcast morning and i wonder if i'll ever see the sun again at this rate...kinda missing it now! So by 10am we need to get the cash to pay for the bill for last night, Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Aug 28, 2015
- SalzburgIt was really lovely to have a guide point out parts of the sound of music to know they didn't actually all happen really close to each other. The old town itself was really neat as well. The Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 25, 2015
- ViennaAs we had seen Vienna in 2013 we decided to do our own thing (a coffee and cake crawl) we got to visit some fabulous establishments first stop was the landtmann, we weren't sure if we would be let in Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 20, 2015
- Innsbruck[center]We traded museums and monuments for the beautiful mountains of Austria!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/7538 Posted by ange.kay in Vägen till Sverige | Aug 19, 2015
- Vienna[center]What a beautiful city! The first day we walked down the main strip, trying to find somewhere for breakfast (nothing open) and took an old tram around the main city circle.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/753842/IMG_1147.jpg caption=IMG_1 Posted by ange.kay in Vägen till Sverige | Aug 19, 2015
- Day 7After an early departure from Lucene we are now on the train to Innsbruck. The train has free wifi, hence the sudden flurry of posts and pictures to go with the snow flurries we had yesterday. It's another Posted by ThompsonHoliday in Interrailing 2015 | Aug 19, 2015
- ViennaAnother fine and hot day. We have been very lucky with the weather so far, and we are told that this is unseasonably hot period for Europe.
Started the day with breakfast on the outside verandah of the hotel, beside the Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 17, 2015