- Familiengut Hotel and its wonderful surroundingsFamiliengut Hotel in Dobriach, Austria, is such a wonderful place to rest and be refreshed!
Our friends, the Burgstaller Family, made our stay extra special and memorable!
The staff is warm, welcoming, attentive, and always smiling!
Our kids loved the Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Jan 10, 2017
- Unexpectedly Rocking!On the fifth day of our skiing trip, we were ready for a break! Apparently, many of the higher ski resorts had closed most of their lifts due to high winds.
We headed to the Granatium Museum in the town over. Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Jan 9, 2017
- CHRISTMAS WONDERLAND CRUISE - AMSTERDAM TO BUDAPEST - PART 3SATURDAY 24 DECEMBER - Melk and Durnstein, Austria.
Melk Abbey is a Benedictine abbey above the town of Melk, Lower Austria, Austria, on a rocky outcrop overlooking the Danube river, adjoining the Wachau valley. The abbey contains the tomb of Saint Posted by Kangatraveller in The Dream Continues | Dec 28, 2016
- Skiing in the Alps!Warm winter weat Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Dec 28, 2016
- Christmas EveThe air smells like Christmas, and the Austrian villages look like Christmas too!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/843436/IMG Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Dec 28, 2016
- Christmas in Vienna[img=http://p Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Dec 25, 2016
- Pacman and persecutionThe train journey from Munich to Vienna was relatively unremarkable. We tried hard not to be 'those people that keep coughing and sneezing', and hopefully didn't disturb our fellow passengers too much. We crossed from Germany into Austria, Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Dec 15, 2016
- Vienna and the Wachau ValleyOur Airbnb in Vienna was simply awesome. We were just south of the Bohemian district of Mariahilf, two blocks away from the Naschmarkt and within easy walking distance of the central pedestrian area. The building itself had a classical Viennese Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Dec 12, 2016
- SalzburgThe Grossglockner High Alpine Road is one of those legendary drives in Europe. The 48 km road with 36 hairpin turns winding through the Alpine peaks seems as though it was made for a sports car commercial, despite having been Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Dec 10, 2016
- Innsbruck and the TyrolInnsbruck is one of those cities whose name is emblematic of Austria. The name conjures up images of snowy Alps, Olympic skiers, and funiculars. But would there be anything for a family with small children in the height of summer? Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Dec 10, 2016
- Vienna - Day 13 Wednesday, 11/16It is amazing how much better you sleep when you are not going through noisy locks during the night! Day two in Vienna was very rainy. Vienna is a city of museums, and indoor activity appeared to be Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 16, 2016
- Vienna - Day 12 Tuesday, Located on the Danube River, Vienna is the capital and the largest city in Austria. It is also....wait for it....the first stop where we can visit CHRISTMAS MARKETS!!
The sky was foggy with some light snow when we started our Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 16, 2016
- Melk - Day 11 Monday, 11/14The town of Melk lies at the convergence of the Danube and Melk Rivers, at the base of the Wachau Valley.
We docked in Melk in order to tour the amazing Melk Abbey. This 900-year-old baroque Abbey is perched on Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 15, 2016
- AustriaAustria is another one of those countries that really is as beautiful as it looks on the postcards. The vast majority of the country is mountainous, and littered with pretty little towns and villages, central-European style churches, and huge, glassy Posted by jamesandruth in Trip to Europe 2016 | Nov 11, 2016
- Mai Hich - Moc Chau - Ta Xua 3 days[center]MAI HICH – MOC CHAU – TA XUA 3 DAYS[/center]
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Hich
Day 2: Mai Hich - Moc Chau – Bac Yen town
Day 3: Bac Yen – Ta Xua peak - Hanoi
Pick u Posted by Lizzie Thuong in Moc Chau Plateau | Oct 25, 2016
- Vienna!The weather gods have been smiling on us in the last almost 3 weeks that we have been travelling, so I suppose we were due for a bit of rain, and Vienna has delivered that as well as some wind Posted by ShelleyJ in Eurail Adventures | Oct 4, 2016
Coffee! With my ECSITE conference program and an outside cafe table I am completely content. I begin to get my head around the many options, a day before the conference starts. Ecsite is the Europe Posted by kphillips in Austria and Germany, June 2016 | Oct 2, 2016
- Austria - Day 3Star date Monday, Sept. 26, 2016: we head back up the road toward Berchtesgaden (this road winds through both Germany and Austria borders) and stop at the Salzbergwerk salt mine for a great tour. Salt was key to the Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Oct 1, 2016
- Austria - Day 2Sunday, Sept. 25, 2016: we drive our little red Opal up a pretty mountain road to Berchtesgaden to see the infamous Hitler's "eagles nest" or Kehlsteinhaus as it's known proper name. Hitler used this edifice during the Third Reich-era Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 30, 2016
- On to Austria! Sat. 9/24/2016: we say Auf Wiedersehen to Munich, rent a sporty little red Opal with a turbo and head out on the Autobahn to Salzburg, Austria. I was doing about 95 mph and still being passed... Vroom, vroom!!
We stopped Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 28, 2016
- Weekend party In SalzburgThere is definitely a difference between visiting and staying in a place during the week, and being somewhere over a weekend! Now I'm not saying that we like the places we have visited any less, its just that everything ramps Posted by ShelleyJ in Eurail Adventures | Sep 24, 2016
- Ehrwald, AustriaEhrwald, Austria
Wish I was here for more than one day. What a gem of a city. Ehrwald Austria is at the foothill of the Zugspitz which is the highest mountain in Austria. We stayed at Mair's Landgasthof in Posted by Horstmeyer in Austria, Germany 2016 | Sep 24, 2016
- Grossglockner Alpine RoadGrossglockner Alpine Road
We left Hallstatt after having a wonderful breakfast that Helga prepared for us. Our drive from Hallstatt to Fusch took approximately 1.5 hours through the Austrian Alps. You have to pay a toll of 35 Euro Posted by Horstmeyer in Austria, Germany 2016 | Sep 23, 2016
- Beautiful Hallstatt, AustriaHallstatt, Austria
We left Munich at 8:30 am and stopped at the local laundry mat to wash our clothes. Always fun as we can't read what the machines say. We had a beautiful drive to the small Village in Posted by Horstmeyer in Austria, Germany 2016 | Sep 22, 2016
- Salzburger On Friday morning we farewelled Pat and Belinda temporarily, as they headed to Berlin and Leipzig while we set off back to Austria. Team Buccas had a smooth run to Salzburg, while Team O'Bennett had a less than ideal Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Sep 20, 2016