- The hills are alive...Our next stop on "Mom & Kayla's German Adventure" was Salzburg, Austria. The main reason we wanted to go to Salzburg? Sound of Music of course!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/675894/DSC Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 21, 2014
- What would we discover in Salzburg?
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/397920/90_4630E6822219AC6817F04E7 Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 20, 2014
- A View of Lake Hallstatt
We said goodbye to the lovely English couple who run Landhaus Lily B & B. Paul drove Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 19, 2014
- Austria* 14Th to 17th July
ON TO AUSTRIA
Only two hours drive today from Tata. Motorway most of the way which was again mostly occupied by lorries. It was pretty free moving until the outskirts of Vienna. Was amazed what a huge Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jul 18, 2014
- What Goes Up?
Pretty much anywhere we wanted to go today had us climbing. A hill, a path, a road and many stairs. We have been using my Fitbit to see how far we go each day and today we climbed Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 18, 2014
- Slow travel
After dropping us off at the train station, our taxi driver was picking up the Stanley Cup from Kopitar's house in Bled to transport it to the Ljubljana airport. He presented it yesterday in a town 10 km away from Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 17, 2014
- Back to Vienna We spent one of our best days of the trip taking the high speed train to Salzburg for the day. This little city is at the top of my favorite places list. We did a city tour that included a Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jul 15, 2014
- On the train to SalzburgYesterday we spent the day exploring Vienna. It is a huge city...1.8 million people live there. It is very international. There are enormous ornate buildings everywhere. The center market is bustling with people. We took a bus tour around the Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jul 11, 2014
- ViennaYesterday our boat was still cruising through the Main/Danube canal...lots of locks so the going is slow. We are still about two days behind in terms of where we should be on the river. The ship stopped to let off Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jul 10, 2014
- Vienna, Gateway to Eastern EuropeVienna, the city that for years has been known as the gateway to Eastern Europe, has also been a tourist destination for those travelling the Bavaria route through Europe and also as the Western most stop for those travelling through Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jul 9, 2014
- A Drive in the Vienna CountrysideA couple of years ago we’d planned to move to Austria for a few months. I had negotiated for a house in the Krems area, an area between Salzburg, Vienna and Prague.
We decided to drive to Krems and just look Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 9, 2014
- Music in ViennaAnother forecast for rain but this time in Vienna, thunderstorms were forecast for night.
First we needed groceries. We saw that a “Bella” supermarket was close to us. Of course we got lost while walking and had to ask directions.
Once Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 8, 2014
- Different faces of ViennaWe arrived in Vienna yesterday by shuttle van driven by a young man driving up to 145 km/hour. He didn't go that fast the entire time but let's say we made good time. We have a lovely apartment Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 8, 2014
- Salzburg to Munich, Monday, 7th July 2014Another guest blogger today, over to you, Janene!
We headed off on another warm Salzburg day for the picturesque Austrian Alpine road (grossglockner)
We followed this magnificent road from Austria, crossing the border into Germany, then back into A Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 8, 2014
- Dessert 1st then VivaldiGreat thing that today was warm, 80’s, and sunny. We had to check out of our apt by 11 and no one wanted to wake up.
Dale and I walked to the store for bread, pastries and coffee. We got back Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 7, 2014
- Salzburg, Sunday, 6th July 2014Today, we have a new blogger to keep you up to date, take it away Lucy!
Yesterday After Nick and I picked the car up from the garage and weaved our way through the tight streets of Prague's Old Town, we Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 6, 2014
- Searching for the elusive St. Charles' ChurchWhen you book hostels, most dorms are “mixed” meaning for guys and girls. But many hostels have female-only dorms as well (of course for extra money), so the mixed dorms usually end up being all guys. My roommates Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jul 6, 2014
- Crowns, Jewels and Royals at Schonbrun PalaceDespite the late night, I had a lot on my agenda today and got a pretty early start. First up was going to the grocery store which was actually open when they said they would be! Great start! Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jul 6, 2014
- The Salzburg FortressBekki was due in today after a day of delays. We thought and hoped she would arrive around 6pm. Since today was Bel’s real birthday we thought that maybe Bekki would arrive in time for dinner. Bekki, was traveling with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2014
- Mozart in SalzburgIt was raining today, pouring at times. It was a good day to visit the indoor museums.
We took the kids to Mozart’s birthplace. That seemed to be a good place to start. This is a small, 1 bedroom house. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2014
- Made it to SalzburgI’ve lost track of time, half the time I don’t know what date or day of the week it is. Thank goodness for the cell phone.
I’d asked Tobias, our exchange student, if we could spend the night at the last Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 5, 2014
- Planning a new tripOh hey there!
Its so nice of you to check out my very new blog! This post is meant as an introduction and also to get something right out of the way, no actually there are two things I want to Posted by tastingtheworld in Tasting the world | Jun 30, 2014
- Wandering around ViennaWhen I woke up at 4:15am to get to the train station by 4:45, it was almost completely light out. While I’m not as far north as I was in Stockholm, I’m significantly farther east but still in the Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 28, 2014
- AnreiseImmer schon war es ein Wunsch von mir, Europa auf dem Wasser zu durchqueren. Mit Gerd und Ingrid hatten wir schon mal die Donau an ihrem Ursprung im Mittleren Schwarzwald besucht. Dort hatte ich auch beschlossen, die Donau dort zu Posted by fegoesdonau in FE goes DONAU | May 31, 2014
- Tag 11Heute durchfahren wir eine der schönsten Gegenden entlang der Donau - die Wachau.
Die malerische Wachau ist zweifellos einer der landschaftlich schönsten Streckenabschnitte der Donau. Steile Weinberge, idyllische Dörfer, trotzige Burgruinen und lieblic Posted by fegoesdonau in FE goes DONAU | Jun 11, 2014