- A LONG DAY ON THE TRAIN AND MORE GREAT MEMORIESAfter our stay in Holland we headed to Vienna on a long train trip. The train was really comfortable and it was a nice experience to see the beautiful landscape. We had an initial trip to Munich and after a Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Dec 3, 2013
- Salzburg: Finding the Sound of Music[center]Salzburg is the fourth-largest city in Austria.
It is where the timeless film 'The Sound of Music' is based.
And it is another of my favourite cities.
I recently came across these photos and just wanted to share a few I took whilst Posted by Jen_Ingrid in The Scouse Chronicles | Nov 30, 2013
- Day tripping in AustriaMeg and Nerissa took advantage of the one hour buses between Bratislava and Vienna and left sleepy Slovakia for a day in the big smoke. Exciting! And such fun. Although starting with all the stairs up the tower at St Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 3, 2013
- ViennaOur trip from Innsbruck to Vienna on the train was somewhat uneventful, which was a blessing. Train travel in this part of the world is comfortable without being luxurious and a stark contrast to travelling in trains in Italy. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 31, 2013
- Innsbruck Day 2 - IglsSecond full day in Innsbruck and we travelled in a local bus to a smallish village on the other side of the valley from the Nordkette Mountains. The village is at the base of large ski runs Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 29, 2013
- InnsbruckArrived at Innsbruck on Saturday after a very good train trip - a train ride that begged for photos to be taken along the whole way of an autumnal landscape.
The name Innsbruck is derived from the river Inn and Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 27, 2013
- Episode 13Welcome to our Bavarian Beer Fest Episode! Featuring steins, old friends and a disco shower.
Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | Oct 21, 2013
- Road Trip 3rd OctoberTwo big sites today both situated around the beautiful Bavarian Alps.
First dipping into Austria, we visited the Eisriesenwelt Ice Caves in Werfen, the largest ice caves in the world. Provided with oil lamps the tour guide took us Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Oct 15, 2013
- Gotta love Mozart![img=http://p Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound | Oct 3, 2013
- Day 12, Austria and Germany today.Staying two nights, today second day in Salzburg. Weather was about 50 F with misty rain in the afternoon. After breakfast we had to find a laundry mat to wash clothes as we have officially ran out. Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Sep 30, 2013
- Sunday, 29 Sept, just left Hallstatt and arrived in SalzburgAfter leaving the beautiful town of Hallstatt , we drove through the mountains back into Germany and walked around in the town of Berchtesgaden, Germany. It took us a while to find out how to get to the Eagles Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Sep 29, 2013
- Beautiful Hallstatt, 2nd night2nd night in Hallstatt, Austria
Woke up after a good night sleep. Meant to drive to the ice caves, but I gave Fred the wrong city name and ended up in a private small village to Obersee which means "above Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Sep 28, 2013
- Beautiful Hallstatt in East Reich (Austria)Woke up after our last night in Munich and headed to Austria. We were going to go to the Eagles Nest on the way, however the weather did not cooperate and the fog/misty clouds are low and I was Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Sep 27, 2013
- Katherine NT Monday 16th
Mary was out and away for a quick shower followed by a full clothes and bedding wash while Rob and Margaret busily got ready for their departure up to Darwin. We signed on to Skype for a chat with Posted by psstevo in Round The Block Again | Sep 18, 2013
- Over the Border to Austria and Lake NeuseidlIt was really quite interesting when we got to Da Marco Restaurant, with it’s impressive reed roof at Lake Neuseidl, how different the atmosphere was compared to being in Hungary. I suppose it helped that we could understand the language Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 4, 2013
- Vienna, Austria (10th - 12th August)I've gotten quite behind on my blogging again. I'm trying to recall our journey from Budapest to Vienna but it's a bit hazy. I'm going to assume it was uneventful. On arrival in Vienna we checked in to Hostel Guesthouse Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Aug 28, 2013
- London and ViennaAlready time Is flying past. Had A wonderful couple Of days In London. Yesterday we went To Hampton Court palace Which Was amazing. You Could Spend Days There. ( I Apologise For All The capital letters - Posted by webb in Webb holiday | Aug 26, 2013
- Packed, Belvedere, Sacher Hotel, Figlmüller, last dinnerWe decided to pack Friday morning as Saturday we were driving to Dresden and we weren’t quite ready for that and I wasn’t keen to do it late Friday evening. Brigitte wrote postcards while she was waiting for us and Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Aug 25, 2013
- Hundertwasser, Prater, Georg’s work, Jugendstil railwaysNB Monday 12th – Wednesday 15th we went to Budapest. I will write about that after the Vienna time.
On Thursday we saw two more Hundertwasser buildings which are so different from normal buildings, which we all thoroughly enjoyed. I took Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Aug 25, 2013
- Brigitte & Georg sightseeing, Gilda sick, Gerhard's DumplingOn Sunday I was quite sick with my ear infection, which we think was a burst eardrum so I had to stay in the hotel all day. I slept most of the time and when I was awake we put Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Aug 25, 2013
- Georg's b'day celebration at a 'Heuriger'Georg, Birg's brother, organised a great restaurant where we could all celebrate his birthday. It’s called Heuriger Sirbu Family Winery and it was 30mins from Vienna on Kahlenberg hill. Gerhard, his flatmate, rode his push bike there as that’s Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Aug 24, 2013
- Greek church & alley, Jewish Square, Central Café & HofburgAfter the St Stephen’s Cathedral we went along a little street behind it to the Greek Church, which had the most beautiful façade. The inside was so ornate you needed sunnies to view it-spectacular! The first thing that struck me Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Aug 23, 2013
- Innsbruck, Austria Day Trip- Shinies and Sweets From Munich we headed to Venice, Italy. However, it was determined that we would first stop in Innsbruck to break up the time spent on our travel bus. Our first destination after parking was the Swarovski Museum. Posted by bambi12 in The Girl Who Will Wait For No One | Aug 21, 2013
- Our first few days in Vienna with Birg’s brother GeorgNB We’ve had a hectic 8 days in Vienna and Budapest and there was absolutely no time to work on the blog, we hit the sack exhausted every evening-so apologies but my nose is now above the waterline, as in Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Aug 20, 2013
- Vienna[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Austria/|Vienna photos]]
I am somewhat sympathetic to Vienna. Its significance on the international scene is now limited to its rivalry with Melbourne in the annual contest of deter Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Aug 7, 2013