- ViennaWe ventured out on our own in Vienna. We had such wonderful experiences in Berlin and Prague doing it our selves we decided we would test our methods and leave the tour busses and guides behind. While most of the Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 26, 2014
- Melk, AustriaWe awoke to 40 degree temperatures but today the sky would be cloudless. The Sunrise was special along the Danube.
Today we went to a Benedictine Abbey that dates back Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 25, 2014
- Stuck at an Austrian gas station...I was lying in a bed dozing in the afternoon sun with a beautiful woman I had just met- it was bliss- but I decided it's time to go visit my friend in bratislava, buy an interail ticket, and leave Posted by Stillkickin in Life and travels of cbs | Sep 23, 2014
- The Hills Are Alive (with the Sound of Music) - SalzburgWe decided to take a day trip to Salzburg from Munich seen as we were so close. After an early start to make the train we arrived in Salzburg. Our first encounter with an Austrian was great. The Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 21, 2014
- Mauthausen - Concentration Camp Mauthausen is an area in Austria that housed a concentration camp. It has been maintained as a museum following the events of the holocaust. I did not spend much time here, but I felt that it deserved its own post.
This Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 20, 2014
- Vienna, Austria Firstly, and most importantly: my head hurts. A lot…
…. Kids. Alcohol is bad.
I refused however, REFUSED, to let this stop me from enjoying Vienna. Self-inflicted illness is just not a good enough excuse to miss this city. I Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 19, 2014
- Gastav KlimtI'm a fan of Klimt, particularly since I saw a copy of the Beethoven Freis at the NGV in Melbourne a few years ago. Vienna is Klimt City, so I have now seen the original Beethoven Freis at the Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 15, 2014
- Peru-Argentinien-ChileEinen schönen nassen Sonntag Abend - aus Österreich!
So sehr einem das Wetter auch auf die Nerven gehen kann, es hat auch gute Seiten...so werden Fotos viel schneller aufgearbeitet als gedacht, darum gibts jetzt auch noch hier eine kleine bildnerische Posted by AngelaPeru in Chile 2014 | Sep 14, 2014
- A bit more Food and WineA coffee/tea/glass of anything is served on a small silver tray. All come with a miniature glass of water. No bottles of water served. Tables have table cloths. Bills come to the table and are paid at the table. Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 12, 2014
- VIENNA, AUSTRIAWednesday 10 September we flew from Berlin to Vienna. We will start another tour here that will take us from Vienna to Istanbul.
Vienna is the capital and largest city of Austria, and one of the nine states of Austria. Vienna Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Sep 12, 2014
- Today we did Stelvio!Breakfast at 08.00 becoming a habit, but it seems to work. Fuelled up and on our way just after 09.00 along the SS 38 heading north, cyclists going for the big climb in huge numbers and it's a Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 11, 2014
- ViennaBig, lots of everything, but clean and stylish. Traffic not quite so crazy as Budapest, but don't step onto a crossing and expect the cars to stop. Our studio apartment is beautiful and right in the centre of the old Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 11, 2014
- Vienna - best day ever !!!!
A fantastic day spent taking a well deserved rest from the usual sight seeing itinerary. Vienna zoo, the oldest zoo in Europe. It is part of the huge Royal Palace groun Posted by hcanderson in Europe 2014 | Sep 10, 2014
- Malta Hochalmstrasse, Mon 8th Sept
'This duvet is really wide, but Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 8, 2014
- Three Countries in a day[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700329 Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 7, 2014
- A Grand Day Out - The Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse
Early breakfast and ready for a 0900 leave, the Harleys are out, riders all 'Ralgex'd up for another days riding! Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 6, 2014
- Today we went up a mountain, and came down again!
Early rise all off to Dachstein Salzkammergut via the cable car, a short walk to the base station nd the first takes us to 1350 mtrs and the Ice Caves (Eisenhole). Cold here, 'cos it's Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 4, 2014
- FirstMein erster Post.
Posted by schliebers in schliebersgoround | Sep 4, 2014
- Hallstadt 2I certainly understand why Hallstadt is a Unesco listed village. There is limited car use (local only) with only one street only as wide as a small car. We took a turn around the lake on a boat for a Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 3, 2014
- HallstadtToday is Jim's birthday. It started with a ride on the funicular up to the old fort with views over the whole city. Then off in a hire car through the mountains. Called in at a lakeside cafe for lovely Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 2, 2014
- ViennaTravel - train: Most international trains currently come into the West Bahnhof, while the HauptBahnhof (or central station) is the place to get the train to Bratislava.
The Hauptbahnhof must be the most deserted central station I have ever seen Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 2, 2014
- SalzburgSalzburg epitomises the reason we always try to stay in the "old town" of the cities we visit. Full of interesting architecture and history, it's stunningly beautiful and very quirky. Our 6 hour train ride from Zurich went in a Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 1, 2014
- Day 78 - KaltenbachToday we all voted to have another quiet day. We had intended to go to Neuschwenstein Castle in Germany, a couple of hours away, but the kids were keen to stay around the house, so that's what we did. The Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 23, 2014
- Day 77 - KaltenbachA very quiet day. Grey weather with the occasional rain.
Up late, plans made, school work done.
Rowan has been enjoying the company of our neighbours, Jacqui and Alex. He works on an oil rig in the North Sea 3 weeks on, Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 20, 2014
- Day 75 - KaltenbachPost office
Today we went down the road to the Rosenalmbahn Cable Car. On the way we posted a few things in Zell am Ziller, with the wonky tower.
[img=http:/ Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 20, 2014