- Wildschönau Valley
So we left Munich and arrived in the valley at 10am. There are 4 towns that make up the valley and we stayed at Niederau. There is a population of 4000 people between these towns.
We stayed at the Apsley Ski Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 27, 2015
- Oh Vienna...(the Ultravox song from 1981)
The name 'Vienna' had first come to us in different ways. For me, (George) I think I first encountered 'Vienna' while watching[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykeMeQI6hbk| Bugs Bunny's 'Tales Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Jun 23, 2015
- off to find sleeping beautyOur second full day in Munich started off a bit earlier than we have been used to as we headed to Neuschwanstein Castle, as that is hard to spell it will further be known as NC. So we went to Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 23, 2015
- First two days!Ok, so here's the story.
Yesterday, we all got to the airport, ready to go, pictures taken and goodbyes said. We get in line and.......we are told that there has been a booking mix-up, and that we would not be Posted by Fantisma in Austria Trip | Jun 21, 2015
- SalzburgSo we did the archery in Grünau, had Gerhard’s world famous lasagne for lunch and then we headed for Salzburg. Luck for us it is only 2 hours down the road.
Salzburg is the fourth-largest city in Austria. Salzburg's "Old Town" Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 20, 2015
So we left Vienna and headed to the small alpine town of Grünau. It is at the bottom of the Austrian Alps and the town has a population of only 2000 people. There is 1 pub and 1 supermarket.
We Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 17, 2015
- Vienna beconsSo we left the delightful Cesky Krumlov and headed for our new destination. Did you guess it from the clue on the last blog entry? We are in Vienna Austria.
So we are now back in the Euro currency. Austria is Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 15, 2015
- Day 7. Melk,, AustriaAwakened at 3:38 AM for 2 minutes. Just long enough to look out the window and see a concrete wall as high and close as could be. We were in another lock. Back to sleep until morning. We sailed past Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 13, 2015
- Day 6. Vienna. 🇦🇹Had a good nights sleep. Ron woke early just in time to see us go through the a set of locks. I woke up and we were docked already. We were off the ship by 8:30 for a city tour. Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 12, 2015
- THUN - SEDRUN - LANDECK (AUSTRIA) JUNE 9th & 10thMonday morning saw us arriving at Moto-Centre Thun to watch Harold & Jo, Peter & Dale pack their hire bikes ready for our big adventure together.
Heads down, bums up - and the great squeeze commenced.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/IMG_ Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 9, 2015
- Wonderful hiking holidays in the TyrolToday I want to report something about our last holiday in Austria. As my husband and I are passionate hikers (and bikers) we decided to stay in an idyllic area far away from all the tourists and tourist hotspots. After Posted by A_Alpenblogger in Holidays in the Tyrol | May 28, 2015
- Schloss SchonbrunnThe weather is back to nice for our trip out to Schloss Schonbrunn today. Schloss Schonbrunn was the summer palace used by the Hapsburgs during the 18th and 19th centuries.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/481658/large_IMG_1511_1..n_courtyard.jpg c Posted by BillandAnnhols in 2011 Bill and Ann Europe | Mar 30, 2015
- Vienna churchesAfter thawing out from our freezing day in Salzburg we spent today doing the rounds of Vienna’s wonderful churches. The weather Is somewhat better today. Still no sun, but no rain either.
First stop was Stephansdom, Vienna's centerpiece Gothic Cathedra Posted by BillandAnnhols in 2011 Bill and Ann Europe | Mar 29, 2015
- Month Two!My classes began at the beginning of this month, and I was hit with the sad reality that there would actually be work to be done abroad. Unlike the business students, as a German student I have class every Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Mar 28, 2015
- The hills are alive.....===…to the sound of pelting rain!===
Our beautiful weather has deserted us and we have an icy cold day for our trip to Salzburg. The temperature hovers around the 6 degree mark and it buckets down katzen und hunde for most Posted by BillandAnnhols in 2011 Bill and Ann Europe | Mar 15, 2015
- Vienna cultureThis morning we visited the Hofburg Imperial Palace. Home of the Hapsburg family whom ruled Austria and the Austro-Hungarian Empire for 600 odd years. This is in fact a vast complex of grandiose palaces and courtyards that spread over many Posted by BillandAnnhols in 2011 Bill and Ann Europe | Mar 9, 2015
- Ahh........ ViennaWe left Prague today, bound for Vienna some 4 hours away by train.
Our train compartment was empty so it was an easy trip. The Czech and Austrian countryside was very gree Posted by BillandAnnhols in 2011 Bill and Ann Europe | Mar 7, 2015
- Mauthausen Tour[center]
==the last of the nazi concentration camps to be liberated in ww2==
"the political fucntion of the camp, the constant persecution and detention of real or supposed political and ideological opponents, took priority until 1943. mauthause and Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Mar 5, 2015
- The First MonthMy calendar is trying to tell me that I've been here for a month already, but I'm finding it very hard to believe. I can only hope that the next four months don't fly by as fast! A Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Mar 1, 2015
- Exploring die Hauptplatz[center]
Here's some pictures from walking
around a bit more since it wasn't
as cold as on our city tour.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/691481/IMG_20150208_151132.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/691481/thumb_IMG_20150208_151132. Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Feb 8, 2015
- Full Touristing[center]
===been in Austria for almost 2 weeks now.
here's some pictures from the blackwings game
miri brought me to and gave me the VIP treatment at
free booze and food. new course every period.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Feb 4, 2015
- Waking up in ViennaMy first full day in Vienna!
After waking up and unpacking all of my things, my room is finally in order! Now it's time to buy some hangers (and more clothes) and I'll be set!
Although most things in Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Feb 1, 2015
- Moving In to Residence[center]
==Last few days in the country
with Miriam before heading in to
get settled at residence.==
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/691481/IMG_20150130_125453.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/691481/thumb_IMG_20150130_125453.jp Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Feb 1, 2015
- Transition back to ViennaThe rest of my ski week was a very relaxing one-kind of. I spent the morning and afternoon of my last two days watching animated children’s movies in German to be somewhat productive while not skiing. Unfortunately my Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Feb 1, 2015
==As promised, here are all my pictures from the race on sunday.==
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/691481/IMG-20150125-WA032.jpg thumb=http://photos.trave Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Jan 28, 2015