- Kufstein[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/DSC_9252.jpg thumb=h Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 9, 2015
- Grey day in Fussen[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/DSC_9184.jpg thumb= Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 8, 2015
- Over the Plockenpass I really enjoyed the last couple of days driving over the alpine roads of the southern Tirol and into the Dolomites. This is motorcycle heaven and lots of hotels and cafes advertise motorcyclists welcome, the roads are twisty and steep Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jul 1, 2016
- Austria 2We had been thinking about the next few months of our journey now that the weather appears to have settled down now we are halfway through Austria. The fate of the £- € conflict has still to be finalised but Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 28, 2016
- Happy Birthday LianneLast year we were watching Dolphins on The Black Isle in Scotland as Lianne loved her visit to SeaWorld and always loved Dolphins.
We arrived last night at a lovely spot with a fantastic view and a very pretty restaurant/bar. Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 28, 2016
- Austria More cloud and rain overnight and we headed into Austria and back out again and then into Austria, complicated but inconsequential borders. Garmisch-Partenkirchen we supposed was a posh ski resort, not so, but a good Aldi stop.
We always take Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 27, 2016
- Days 11, 12, & 13: Salzburg, AustriaDay 11
We took the 10:55am train from Munich and arrived in Salzburg promptly at 12:41. Train travel in Europe is wonderful. We had a table where we ate pastries and drank coffee and talked the trip away (ok, er played Posted by abbyyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 2 German wacky races and a biblical stormsAfter a hearty breakfast we were on the road by 08.30 ready to do battle with the German motorways... Man it's like wacky races, even the van drivers think they are Michael Schumacher! One minute you look in the mirror Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Jun 13, 2016
- No kangaroos in Austria
"No kangaroos in Austria"
The number of times I've seen this sign in the last week has been ridiculous. And I love it! I can just imagine the devastated look on an unsuspecting tourists fa Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Jun 10, 2016
- Vienna to BudapestToday was a day that we have been especially looking forward to!!! We got up feeling better through a long nights rest, packed our bags and headed out in search of Hot Rod Tours Vienna. In Vienna you Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | Jun 7, 2016
- Vienna[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 6, 2016
- The Last Waltz in ViennaOur last day in Vienna was reserved for shopping and going back to things we didn't get to the first couple of days. After our obligatory morning pastry, we first went back to the Cathedral to see it without Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 30, 2016
- Biking Through Austrian Vineyards===Your subheading here...===We started out morning as we have pretty much every morning for a week now -- with pastries! We had to meet our bike tour at a bakery in a train station, so we decided to sample Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 27, 2016
- I Don't Usually Have CanklesThis morning we got up at 8, although I am pretty sure we could have slept another couple of hours if we had the time. We left the apartment to find a pretty quiet Vienna. It is Corpus Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 26, 2016
- One Day, Three CountriesBefore I talk about today, let me make an addition to last night. The rain eventually stopped and we went out to take some pictures. It was windy and cold so we didn't stay out long, but at Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 25, 2016
- Chapter 1: Europe. I love running marathons. It's the only sport I can think of where a regular chap, such as myself, can share the same stage with the elite, with the same support. I mean, I'll never play football on the same Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | May 22, 2016
- Day 33We started our day driving to see the tallest mountain in Germany, the Zugspitze, which is 2962 metres or 9718 feet high. This mountain is near Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Along the way we saw many small towns that had buildings Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 4, 2016
- Day 30We woke up to a bright sunny day. The temperature as we left our lodging was 8 C (46 F) but the high temperature for the day was 16 C (60 F).
We walked to the Schoenbrunn Palace and caught Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 29This morning we woke to a bright sunny clear day with blue skies. We dressed for cool weather as it was 3 C (37F) at the time. The temperature is now 16 C (60 F) so it did warm up Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 29, 2016
- Day 28This morning we opened our eyes to bright sunshine and a clear blue sky. Our spirits were lifted immediately.
We had breakfast and organized our luggage. Benson, one of our landlords, came and helped us take everything downstairs. Brigitta and Benson Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 28, 2016
- Day 27We woke this morning to another cold, windy and rainy day but we continued with our plan to take a day cruise up the Danube River from Krems to Melk. This trip would also be called a trip through Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 27, 2016
- Day 26Today we left Salzburg and drove to Melk, Austria where friends told us that if we only went to one church in Europe it should be Melk Abbey. What they said was certainly true.
The structure is awe inspiring and Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 26, 2016
- Day 25It was snowing when we woke up this morning but by the time we were ready to explore Salzburg, the weather had changed and it was cool but misty.
We walked over to the Hop On/Hop Off bus stop and waited Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 25, 2016
- Day 24We woke this morning to snow falling. We felt our day would be restricted by the weather but it was not.
We started our trip to Salzburg. Our first stop was at Chiemsee or Lake Chiemsee. We wandered the grounds of Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 24, 2016
- Day 23We woke this morning to a rainy day.
Art looked out the window and spotted this flock of sheep and goats in the neighbouring field. We had not seen them yesterday so Reta got out and got a picture. We Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 23, 2016