- One Day, Three CountriesBefore I talk about today, let me make an addition to last night. The rain eventually stopped and we went out to take some pictures. It was windy and cold so we didn't stay out long, but at Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 25, 2016
- Chapter 1: Europe. I love running marathons. It's the only sport I can think of where a regular chap, such as myself, can share the same stage with the elite, with the same support. I mean, I'll never play football on the same Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | May 22, 2016
- Day 33We started our day driving to see the tallest mountain in Germany, the Zugspitze, which is 2962 metres or 9718 feet high. This mountain is near Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Along the way we saw many small towns that had buildings Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 4, 2016
- Day 30We woke up to a bright sunny day. The temperature as we left our lodging was 8 C (46 F) but the high temperature for the day was 16 C (60 F).
We walked to the Schoenbrunn Palace and caught Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 29This morning we woke to a bright sunny clear day with blue skies. We dressed for cool weather as it was 3 C (37F) at the time. The temperature is now 16 C (60 F) so it did warm up Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 29, 2016
- Day 28This morning we opened our eyes to bright sunshine and a clear blue sky. Our spirits were lifted immediately.
We had breakfast and organized our luggage. Benson, one of our landlords, came and helped us take everything downstairs. Brigitta and Benson Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 28, 2016
- Day 27We woke this morning to another cold, windy and rainy day but we continued with our plan to take a day cruise up the Danube River from Krems to Melk. This trip would also be called a trip through Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 27, 2016
- Day 26Today we left Salzburg and drove to Melk, Austria where friends told us that if we only went to one church in Europe it should be Melk Abbey. What they said was certainly true.
The structure is awe inspiring and Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 26, 2016
- Day 25It was snowing when we woke up this morning but by the time we were ready to explore Salzburg, the weather had changed and it was cool but misty.
We walked over to the Hop On/Hop Off bus stop and waited Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 25, 2016
- Day 24We woke this morning to snow falling. We felt our day would be restricted by the weather but it was not.
We started our trip to Salzburg. Our first stop was at Chiemsee or Lake Chiemsee. We wandered the grounds of Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 24, 2016
- Day 23We woke this morning to a rainy day.
Art looked out the window and spotted this flock of sheep and goats in the neighbouring field. We had not seen them yesterday so Reta got out and got a picture. We Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 23, 2016
- Day 22Today we took a very impressive drive that we had read about in our planning for this trip. It is referred to as "The Great Dolomites Road". The Dolomite Mountains are in the northern part of Italy that borders on Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 22, 2016
- Vienna, Austria===Christmas Markets in Vienna===
The first weekend in December had been set aside since April to head to Vienna and visit the Christmas Markets with our extended whanau. There was also to be some ice-skating. However, it wasn't quite co Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Apr 9, 2016
- Das Ende / The end / El fin / Le finDa hatten wir, wie bereits im letzten Eintrag geschildert, vier Tage lang einen wenig aufregenden Aufenthalt in London erlebt und just am Abreisetag, dann wenn alles eigentlich schon gegessen haette sein sollen, wurde es auf einmal doch wieder spannend. G Posted by NoUturners in No U-Turn... | Mar 25, 2016
- Olive 11/3/16Today we went to a museum. It was about a man called Friedensreich Hundertwasser who was an artist. His art was about the burden that human cities put on nature, and how we are guests of nature in this Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 15, 2016
- Wil 11/3/16Today we went to see the Hundertwasser-Krawina House, which is a social housing project in Vienna. Social housing means that the building is owned by the government or not-for-profit organisation like a charity or community housing business and the rent Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 15, 2016
- Wil 9/3/16Today we went on a hike in the mountains behind the house where we're staying. We saw hawks and other birds. It is also possible to see wild boar, foxes, deer, lynxes and bears. Lynxes are medium sized wild Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 15, 2016
- Tag 0Um 10:30 Uhr hat uns Gusti abgeholt und zum Bahnhof St. Veit gebracht. Ihr an dieser Stelle nochmals ein herzliches Dankeschön. Schnell habe ich uns beim Billa gegenüber vom Bahnhof eine Jause geholt.
Der Zug war pünktlich und eine weitere aufregende Posted by fegoesrhein in FE goes Rhein | Apr 25, 2016
I have spent the last few days wandering around Salzburg, Austria. I would definitely recommend it as a place to spend a vacation. I got the perfect mix of weather. The first day it snowed, which made the park I Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Mar 4, 2016
- Vienna, Part 2Hello!
I have spent the last few days in Vienna. Honestly, I probably have not utilized my time as best I could, but I am totally exhausted. But that's okay. This is my adventure, and if I want to curl up Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Feb 28, 2016
- Vienna, Part 1Hello!
I'm in Austria! I arrived yesterday morning, after my very long train trip. Although, thankfully, I did get to sleep, so it didn't seem like 14 hours. I arrived at the train station and tried following the directions to the Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Feb 24, 2016
- For the third time… I packed most of my stuff in my bags before I ate breakfast. Last day here in Innsbruck, third time in Austria. When I got back up in my room, sun shined in a clear-blue sky. It would be a Posted by bejjan in Innsbruck - Capitol of the Alps | Mar 23, 2015
- Golden Roof and the Emperor[center][/center]
Went down for breakfast at 7.30am. No cleaning lady in sight. But I hung my “Please don’t disturb”-sign anyway just in case. It was Sunday and a Posted by bejjan in Innsbruck - Capitol of the Alps | Mar 22, 2015
- Igls and Mutters[center][/center]
Woke up to a cloudy grey Innsbruck. It was told to be heavy rain today, so the umbrella was packed down in the backpack for today’s adventures. Went do Posted by bejjan in Innsbruck - Capitol of the Alps | Mar 21, 2015
- Nordkettenbahn and TrachtenWoke up all rested after a good night’s sleep. Breakfast was served at 7.30am. The Breakfast buffet was what you would expect at a 4 star hotel. The staff served you coffee or tea at the table and asked if Posted by bejjan in Innsbruck - Capitol of the Alps | Mar 20, 2015