- The Beginning of the EndIt's not as grim as it sounds!
We arrived at Esher railway station on the outskirts of London to be picked up by Robin, our lovely homeowner from Combloux in the French Alps. Robin had just arrived from Combloux to spend Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Apr 23, 2017
- The hills are alive with the sound of music!If you haven't guessed the next city we visited based on this entry title.. we probably can't be friends. The Sound of Music was a favourite of mine growing up. So a visit to Salzburg was... pretty amazing!
The hotel Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Apr 21, 2017
- My Journey with BillyThis is my last day following Billy in Austria. It is also the day of the Polar Plunge, where all the torch run teams have to jump into the freezing cold swimming pool in Schladming. Of course I was there Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 20, 2017
- Final Torch Run into SchladmingToday was Billy's final run into Schladming. Yes I had the posters and passed them out to whoever I could find. The ceremony was quite big and there were a lot of people there. Austrian TV and reporters were Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 19, 2017
- Graz Ceremony This morning I got up early and left my backpack at the hotel in their luggage storage. I took the tram from my hotel to the old town of Graz. It was beautiful. I walked up to the top of Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 19, 2017
- Villach, Klagenfurt and GrazThis morning, posters in hand, I boarded the train for Villach. It was about 30 minutes away from Klagenfurt where I stayed last night. In Villach, I walked from the train station to the platz where they were having the Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 16, 2017
- Heading to KlagenfurtLast night before I got back to my hotel, I decided I was going to make team posters for each of the torch run teams. I bought 12 poster boards and some markers. This morning I took the underground to Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 16, 2017
- Torch Run at Schonbrunn PalaceHere is another day where public transportation in Vienna did not let me down. I got up early and took the underground out to Schonbrunn Palace. The torch run was going to run all around it and I definitely wanted Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 16, 2017
- Traveling to Vienna, Modling and Baden to the Torch RunThis morning I left Salzburg and headed to Vienna. I took a bus from my hotel to the Salzburg train station. Again it was a beautiful ride. When I got into Vienna, I took the underground train to Karlsplatz where Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 15, 2017
- Salzburg Today I walked all around Salzburg. I walked along the river to Mirabellplatz, the castle and the gardens. I also walked through the old town. I saw a bus doing tours, so I got a ticket and did a one Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 12, 2017
- Surprising My Brother!!!This morning I got up and left my hotel at 9:00 in search of a store that carried poster paper. Yes, I was going to make a poster for Billy. I had bought markers when I was with Aunt Margaret Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 12, 2017
- Heading to Salzburg (4) trains to get there!Today is my day to travel to Salzburg to see my brother Bill run in the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics. He does not know I am coming to watch him. He is team captain of team #2. Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 12, 2017
- VienaI was i little disappointed with Vienna during my short weekend there. As everybody had told us 2 days are good enough to visit and leave the city with no regrets.
It is wrong to say that because it is not Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Mar 1, 2017
- UltravoxIt was with a tinge of regret that we left our apartment in Prague for Vienna. Ian had already spent a few quiet moments the evening before looking up apartment prices, as we were both envious of those who had Posted by Seantiel in 2017-The year of Living Dangerously | Jan 31, 2017
- AustriaWe were relieved to leave the frosty Budapest, and venture to the capital of Austria where it was only -2°C. Such warmth!
We arrived in Vienna to snow. After dropping off our bags, we went for a traditional meal at Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Jan 20, 2017
- Familiengut Hotel and its wonderful surroundingsFamiliengut Hotel in Dobriach, Austria, is such a wonderful place to rest and be refreshed!
Our friends, the Burgstaller Family, made our stay extra special and memorable!
The staff is warm, welcoming, attentive, and always smiling!
Our kids loved the Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Jan 10, 2017
- Unexpectedly Rocking!On the fifth day of our skiing trip, we were ready for a break! Apparently, many of the higher ski resorts had closed most of their lifts due to high winds.
We headed to the Granatium Museum in the town over. Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Jan 9, 2017
- CHRISTMAS WONDERLAND CRUISE - AMSTERDAM TO BUDAPEST - PART 3SATURDAY 24 DECEMBER - Melk and Durnstein, Austria.
Melk Abbey is a Benedictine abbey above the town of Melk, Lower Austria, Austria, on a rocky outcrop overlooking the Danube river, adjoining the Wachau valley. The abbey contains the tomb of Saint Posted by Kangatraveller in The Dream Continues | Dec 28, 2016
- Skiing in the Alps!Warm winter weat Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Dec 28, 2016
- Christmas EveThe air smells like Christmas, and the Austrian villages look like Christmas too!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/843436/IMG Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Dec 28, 2016
- Christmas in Vienna[img=http://p Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Dec 25, 2016
- Pacman and persecutionThe train journey from Munich to Vienna was relatively unremarkable. We tried hard not to be 'those people that keep coughing and sneezing', and hopefully didn't disturb our fellow passengers too much. We crossed from Germany into Austria, Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Dec 15, 2016
- Great cities of Central Europe: Vienna and the Wachau ValleyOur Airbnb in Vienna was simply awesome. We were just south of the Bohemian district of Mariahilf, two blocks away from the Naschmarkt and within easy walking distance of the central pedestrian area. The building itself had a classical Viennese Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Dec 12, 2016
- Great cities of Central Europe: SalzburgThe Grossglockner High Alpine Road is one of those legendary drives in Europe. The 48 km road with 36 hairpin turns winding through the Alpine peaks seems as though it was made for a sports car commercial, despite having been Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Dec 10, 2016
- Great cities of Central Europe: Innsbruck and the TyrolInnsbruck is one of those cities whose name is emblematic of Austria. The name conjures up images of snowy Alps, Olympic skiers, and funiculars. But would there be anything for a family with small children in the height of summer? Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Dec 10, 2016