- Schloss SchonbrunnThe weather is back to nice for our trip out to Schloss Schonbrunn today. Schloss Schonbrunn was the summer palace used by the Hapsburgs during the 18th and 19th centuries.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/481658/large_IMG_1511_1..n_courtyard.jpg c Posted by BillandAnnhols in 2011 Bill and Ann Europe | Mar 30, 2015
- Vienna churchesAfter thawing out from our freezing day in Salzburg we spent today doing the rounds of Vienna’s wonderful churches. The weather Is somewhat better today. Still no sun, but no rain either.
First stop was Stephansdom, Vienna's centerpiece Gothic Cathedra Posted by BillandAnnhols in 2011 Bill and Ann Europe | Mar 29, 2015
- Month Two!My classes began at the beginning of this month, and I was hit with the sad reality that there would actually be work to be done abroad. Unlike the business students, as a German student I have class every Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Mar 28, 2015
- The hills are alive.....===…to the sound of pelting rain!===
Our beautiful weather has deserted us and we have an icy cold day for our trip to Salzburg. The temperature hovers around the 6 degree mark and it buckets down katzen und hunde for most Posted by BillandAnnhols in 2011 Bill and Ann Europe | Mar 15, 2015
- Vienna cultureThis morning we visited the Hofburg Imperial Palace. Home of the Hapsburg family whom ruled Austria and the Austro-Hungarian Empire for 600 odd years. This is in fact a vast complex of grandiose palaces and courtyards that spread over many Posted by BillandAnnhols in 2011 Bill and Ann Europe | Mar 9, 2015
- Ahh........ ViennaWe left Prague today, bound for Vienna some 4 hours away by train.
Our train compartment was empty so it was an easy trip. The Czech and Austrian countryside was very gree Posted by BillandAnnhols in 2011 Bill and Ann Europe | Mar 7, 2015
- Mauthausen Tour[center]
==the last of the nazi concentration camps to be liberated in ww2==
"the political fucntion of the camp, the constant persecution and detention of real or supposed political and ideological opponents, took priority until 1943. mauthause and Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Mar 5, 2015
- The First MonthMy calendar is trying to tell me that I've been here for a month already, but I'm finding it very hard to believe. I can only hope that the next four months don't fly by as fast! A Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Mar 1, 2015
- Exploring die Hauptplatz[center]
Here's some pictures from walking
around a bit more since it wasn't
as cold as on our city tour.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/691481/IMG_20150208_151132.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/691481/thumb_IMG_20150208_151132. Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Feb 8, 2015
- Full Touristing[center]
===been in Austria for almost 2 weeks now.
here's some pictures from the blackwings game
miri brought me to and gave me the VIP treatment at
free booze and food. new course every period.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Feb 4, 2015
- Waking up in ViennaMy first full day in Vienna!
After waking up and unpacking all of my things, my room is finally in order! Now it's time to buy some hangers (and more clothes) and I'll be set!
Although most things in Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Feb 1, 2015
- Moving In to Residence[center]
==Last few days in the country
with Miriam before heading in to
get settled at residence.==
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/691481/IMG_20150130_125453.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/691481/thumb_IMG_20150130_125453.jp Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Feb 1, 2015
- Transition back to ViennaThe rest of my ski week was a very relaxing one-kind of. I spent the morning and afternoon of my last two days watching animated children’s movies in German to be somewhat productive while not skiing. Unfortunately my Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Feb 1, 2015
==As promised, here are all my pictures from the race on sunday.==
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/691481/IMG-20150125-WA032.jpg thumb=http://photos.trave Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Jan 28, 2015
- The Alps!Wow! I definitely had no idea what to expect out of my first experience on skis. Our lesson started with learning how to walk sideways up and down the mountain-fifteen minutes of that and I was already ready Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Jan 27, 2015
- Day 2This morning was an early one! Our train left at 6:56 this morning and it was a five hour ride. The train ride was gorgeous as a lot of it was through the Alps. After the train Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Jan 25, 2015
- Day 1I had an incredible last day in the United States with my mom. After seeing Stomp, going to the top of Willis Tower, and eating way too much American food I was ready to get on the plane towards Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Jan 25, 2015
- SalzburgThe closer we got to Salzburg the deeper the snow became. Best hotel yet smack in the centre of the old town and a stones throw from where Motzart was born. I know we keep saying this but the scenery Posted by Bronwyn.Hooper in bronwyn and dean adventuring | Jan 3, 2015
- ViennaTrained from Prague across the snow covered country side to arrive in vienna early afternoon. Up graded to an enormous executive suite complete with bath. Across the road from us is the Schonbroun Palace which along with its' extensive gardens Posted by Bronwyn.Hooper in bronwyn and dean adventuring | Jan 1, 2015
- Days 149-151: Innsbruck, AustriaWow. This town's so pretty. It's right at the bottom of the Alps. There're a few rivers that go through it. There's mist and old buildings and roads. I guess the town itself is the Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Day 3: Vienna (10/7/2014)It's been a while since we posted! We'll jump back toward the beginning of our trip to cover the days we skipped. Here, we'll go back to the 3rd day of our trip…Tuesday, October 7th. We had arrived in Vienna Posted by khwjlg in Our Honeymoon Adventure! | Dec 4, 2014
- Linz, Melk and Vienna After leaving Passau we headed for a short stop in Linz. We arrived in the evening and headed to the Christmas markets. It was lovely to see them all lit up.
From Linz we went to Melk. A quiet Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Dec 1, 2014
- Eine Kleine Popmusik in Salzburg Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is everywhere in Salzburg, which is not surprising because, in some ways he was the Justin Bieber figure of his day. It has often been said that Mozart was created just to make the rest of us Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 18, 2014
- 36 Lucerne to SalzburgON TO SALZBERG AUSTRIA.
A lovely drive to Innsbruck through the Alberg Tunnel 9kms long, through tall Mts. Stopped for look at the Golden Roof of the Imperial Palace and a tour through the Original 1st Swarovski Crystal shop. Just Posted by RuthWinmill in Ruth & Ralph's RTW Trip | Nov 16, 2014
- If it’s Saturday it Must Be AustriaWe started the week in Switzerland and passed through Austria enroute to Munich in Germany. We then stayed in Bavaria, just a five minute stroll across this typical Tyrolean landscape back into Austria…
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/171352/larg Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 16, 2014