- Day 3 - Great Stirrup Cay, BahamasSo what do people remember most about their experiences in the Caribbean? For the Island Girls, so far it has been the food. Day 3 started with fresh pastries and cut fruit delivered to the suite at 7:30 a.m. Posted by IslandGirls in The Island Girls | Dec 10, 2013
- Carnival Sensation four day Bahamas cruise 11/10/201311/10 Carnival Sensation four day cruise to Freeport and then Nassau with the sea day on the last day. The Sensation seems as if it has a newer up fit than the other ships of the same age. The Promenade Posted by Blmcvey in McVey Travel & Food | Nov 18, 2013
- 20 Things I Learned on Guana Cay….Redux.I started this blog 5 years ago after an ill-fated trip to Guana Cay with our good friends John and Teresa. Two black eyes, a busted boat propeller, a slide down a boat ramp, sunburned lips, power outages……..Everything that could Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 9, 2013
- Stranded Naked in Abaco
We should have known better than to plan a trip to the Abacos during a week when there were three, yes….THREE….big beach parties. I can barely keep myself in check when there is just th Posted by vicki_h in . | Aug 5, 2013
- Abaco Ain't For Sissies . . . But We Went Anyway (Part 1)Abaco. The very name strikes fear into the hearts of sissies everywhere. Abaco, with its snakes and its spiders and its sneaky shallow waters. Abaco, where the men are men and the women are doomed to a Posted by TTG in Escape From New York | Jul 25, 2013
- Surviving Guana With the In-Laws“What do you think about taking my family down to Abaco?”
He may as well have said, “What do you think about shaving your head?” or “What do you think about painting the house royal purple and putting on a glitter Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 19, 2013
- The Island of New Providence
Our cruise, the Royal Caribbean
We arrived in Bahamas at last! The cruise is amazing, all we are doing is basically enjoy the cruise we took, the [[http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacru Posted by ZK_15 in My Dream Trip around the World | Apr 28, 2013
- BAHAMAS TRIPAloha friends!
We recently took an amazing cruise to the Bahama Islands.
We are so happy that we were able to share the love with lots of passengers
on the cruise!
Everyone loved Sol Yerba Mate!
Even the Carnival crew members!
We departed from the Posted by solyerbamate in SOL YERBA MATE | Jan 27, 2013
- It's better in the Bahamas...but it's gooder in Guana.It may be better in the Bahamas, but it’s gooder in Guana.
We just can’t seem to quit Guana Cay. We all want to find paradise don’t we?
I have found my paradise. It is a perfect streak of white and Posted by vicki_h in . | Dec 21, 2012
- Closing Survey Verbiage
Reminding customers of the survey process is an excellent reminder to you that there is a process in place to measure the satisfaction of the customers to whom you provide service.
[b]G Posted by Jetzy's Crib in Verbiage Playbook | Nov 27, 2012
- In the bahamas, pigs don't fly...but they might swim.
It all started with an article in one of Matt’s pilot magazines. It caught my eye with a catchy title about “BEST DESTINATIONS FOR PRIVATE PILOTS” accompanied by photos of incredibly Posted by vicki_h in . | Aug 7, 2012
Signs that you have a possible Abaco Addiction:
You drink your morning coffee at work out of a Nippers 16 oz tumbler.
You know the difference between a Nipper, a Posted by vicki_h in . | Jul 14, 2012
- The Quiet Side of the Bahamas==Day 1 - Arrival Day==
After an easy 2 and a half hour flight, we arrived in Nassau, Bahamas.
The airport was a bit crowded and the lines were long through customs, but luckily they Posted by susannj in Limin' Away Again Somewhere Warm | Jul 10, 2012
- Fruit snacks downSo clearly my first blog test-run didn't go so well, and updated the same post about four times..butttt hopefully from here on out it goes smoothly. We are officially in Freeport and already have had some interesting adventures. The cab Posted by neebla in Seas the Day | Jun 16, 2012
- Oasis of the Seas, Eastern CaribbeanAnother wonderful day on a cruise!. As the real purpose of this cruise is attending the largest travel convention ever held at sea, and I had several classes to attend, I didn’t go off the ship in Nassau. Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 6, 2012
- Man-O-War Cay OOOOPS! Great Guana CaySunday was a work day, at least during the afternoon. Carol had intended to do laundry in the morning but the marina had no power, no water and no washee, washee. So after lunch we got down to it: the Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Apr 16, 2012
- Hope Town on Elbow CayIt was an easy run up from Lynyard Cay, 12 direct line miles and, maybe, 16 or 17 travel miles. Along the way we saw this sandy beach on an unnamed bit of land. Everyone says that the beaches in Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Apr 14, 2012
- April in the AbacosCarol really liked Spanish Wells; I thought that it was OK but it was not where I wanted to be. Carol seems to be better at the lemon/lemonade thing than am I. At $1.00/ft. it was not an expensive interlude. Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Apr 11, 2012
- The Chronicles of Boracay Island: Island HistoryThe Island:
It is an island truly beautiful, sometimes sinful, always controversial. This makes it intriguing and causes people to return again and again, if they cannot linger for a lifetime. Its rich History dates back in the early 17th-8th Century.
Posted by islaboracay in Boracay Island: The History | Feb 1, 1998
- Spanish WellsWhen all the weather that was going to happen had happened, it just wasn't worth the effort. We could easily have gone north to the Abacos on Thursday and Friday; we could easily have stayed in the harbor at Royal Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Apr 8, 2012
- When Men Plan, the Gods LaughNassau is probably a fun place to visit; we enjoyed it here in January. This trip, like the previous two, was all work and worry. We got everything done except for one very deferrable task. The bottom got cleaned and Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Apr 5, 2012
- Back in NassauThis time by choice, actually; the boat was not yet in need of repair there. We want to head north to the Abacos, a place we visited for a weekend on our first trip here. The weekend ended with concerns Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Mar 31, 2012
- Emerald Bay InterludeThere are some interesting boat name pairings here in George Town. Bojangles and Troubadour, a musical pair; Rocinante and Dulcinea, a Quixotic pair. Troubadour actually did hail Bojangles once on the VHF radio. Not much pairs with Ziveli.
We got back Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Mar 25, 2012
- George Town, Miscellany* We had planned to leave for Long Island on Saturday, 03/17. But, in the way of boats, stuff happened. Both Carol and I felt like we were in the early stages of colds; we did not yet feel bad, Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Mar 20, 2012
- George Town, Great Exuma IslandMost of the boats in the marina arrived on Saturday or Sunday, 03/03-03/04 and stayed. The first good, well, mostly good, day for leaving was a week later, on Saturday, 03/10. The winds had dropped below 20 knots and about Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Mar 16, 2012