- Merry Christmas and a Sandy New Year!Spending Christmas in a cozy cabin has somehow become a tradition with me and Matt. It wasn’t intentional or deliberate, but is simply a habit that we have slipped into.
This year, we had a difference of opinion. Matt wanted Posted by vicki_h in . | Feb 3, 2017
- Holland America's KoningsdamKoningsdam may be my new favorite ship. I think I have figured out the dining situation. Holland America sailors aren't really open seating type folks, hence the dedication to most of the dining room tables to fixed seating. Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Nov 12, 2016
- Holland America's KoningsdamToday we stopped at Holland America's private island Half Moon Cay. Having been to a bunch of these associated with the various cruise lines, this island along with Disney's Castaway Cay are clearly the best. Paved walkways, Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Nov 12, 2016
- Holland America's KoningsdamThe dining saga continues. Simply put, we were unable to make any reservations at any dining venue - open or specialty - on the ship. Everything was sold out or had availability at 9:30pm. Several folks were Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Nov 11, 2016
- Holland America's KoningsdamKoningsdam is Holland America's newest ship and it arrived in Ft. Lauderdale on November 9th for its Caribbean season after sailing in Europe all summer after it joined the fleet. Since they had a short 4 night cruise that Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Nov 10, 2016
- Tally Ho! A Vacation Within a Vacation.
We enjoyed our side trip to Eleuthera during a previous visit to Abaco so much that we decided to repeat it on our most recent trip in August.
With 3 couples, Ocean Tally was the Posted by vicki_h in . | Sep 23, 2016
- Oops, I did it again.I just can't satiate my Guana Cay addiction.
So I dove in for another taste.
How about we just hit the highlights?
===The food: If it's battered, deep fried, golden brown, carb laden, and swimming in fat on a paper plate, Posted by vicki_h in . | Sep 21, 2016
- Guana Cay: This is my happy.
When we bought a house on Guana Cay, I think we both secretly worried it would turn a place we love into a place we felt forced to visit. We were so afraid that ownership would make u Posted by vicki_h in . | Aug 2, 2016
- Caribbean cruisingCaribbean
We decided to break up our south and North American legs with a Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean. We met our ship, Radiance of the Seas, in San Juan, Puerto Rico and the sailed for 7 nights visiting San Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Jul 22, 2016
- Weekend Getaway to Guana CayFRIDAY
Now that we have our own little place on Guana Cay, we run down every chance we get. When we recently had an opportunity to head down for a long weekend with use of a free airplane, we jumped at Posted by vicki_h in . | May 12, 2016
- Claude on Spring BreakClaude in Eleuthera
Enjoying pink sand beaches
Cool turquoise water
Warm winds and sunny skies
All to himself!
Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Apr 5, 2016
- A Bahamas WORK trip...as wrong as it sounds.
We were under no delusions when we decided to buy a beach house, no matter how small. I never had the “A beach house will be a dream! It will sit there and make money while I’m not using it Posted by vicki_h in . | Jan 25, 2016
- Day 5: Eleuthera, BahamasOn Friday, the Emerald Princess cruise ship made its second and final port of call on Eleuthera Island, the Bahamas. My sister was under the weather, so she stayed aboard the ship with my mom; however, my dad and I Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Day 4: At SeaThursday was another day at sea; however, the ship increased its cruising speed due to an ill passenger on board and we pulled into our next port of call, Princess Cays, Bahamas, in the evening - even though we would Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015
- Bikini Hut: Before and AfterBikini Hut is about 115 years old and has served as everything from a home to 13 children (yes, at the same time) to an actual Bikini Store. The cottage had been recently renovated completely, so everything was in top Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 9, 2015
- Flip This House: Guana Cay Edition Part III===Monday, September 14:===
10:00 a.m. Eleuthera was a sweet dream. What a fantastic weekend! But now we are back to Abaco to finish this place up! Before we head back to Guana, we’re going to try shopping in Marsh Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 9, 2015
- Flip This House: Guana Cay Edition Part IISometimes you need a vacation from your vacation. When the vacation has been spent painting, sweating, getting blisters, and picking up an endless army of millipedes, this is certainly the case.
We decided to treat ourselves for “getting over the hump” Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 8, 2015
- Flip This House: Guana Cay Edition Part IWe never intended to buy a house in the Bahamas.
Really. We didn’t.
It was kind of like going into a puppy store. You never really MEAN to buy a puppy, but the next thing you know you are buying pee-pee Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 7, 2015
- Guana Cay....Anything but Boring.July 4th and Abaco.
Like tin foil and a microwave….neither is particularly dangerous alone, but put them together….and POW!
Time it right and you end up with 3 days of high-energy events….the Stranded Naked Cheeseburger Party…..the 4 Posted by vicki_h in . | Jul 21, 2015
- It's official: I am boring.
It’s official: I am boring.
I knew this would happen eventually. In fact, I saw a list online (which means it must be TRUE) titled, “How to know if you are boring.” Number 4 on tha Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 23, 2015
- Atlantis Paradise Island
Ever since I saw the tv commercials featuring the two twin coral towers in Atlantis, I always dreamed of going there. My dream became a reality when Trent, myself and my parents visited on Oct 1 Posted by ashm686 in Oh the places you'll go | Jun 9, 2015
- Guana Cay: Same Time. Same Place.
It starts off with a Bahama Mama from Curly Tails, complete with exactly one orange slice, a cherry, and a colorful umbrella. I know exactly what it will taste like as I take the firs Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 8, 2015
- Day 16 - Mastering the trapeze and getting a bit merry! I'd made my mind up I wasn't going to be so lazy today, it's been nice doing nothing much but today I was going to go sea kayaking and I was going to trapeze until I mastered the leg swing Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Apr 18, 2015
- Day 15 - lazy day and trip to the marketDespite getting through a few cocktails (ok a lot!) I'm getting up bright and breezy in the Bahamas with no sign of hangover - so we asked one one of the staff and they confessed that they water the Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Apr 17, 2015
- Day 13 & 14 - fifty shades of pink! I decided to do one entry for these two days cos they've been pretty similar in that I've had a chilled couple of days doing not much other then sunbathing, eating and drinking with a couple of trapeze lessons chucked Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | Apr 15, 2015