- Ahoy There Matey!Greetings from the Atlantic ocean. We are on our way to Princess Cay in the Bahamas. We were supposed to depart at 4pm but it was closer to 5:30 by the time we left. Not sure what Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Nov 4, 2014
- Antonio's 5th Birthday Extravaganza! Part 8While the little one slept, Q and I got ready for dinner.
Tonight wa Posted by MarathonMama629 in Oh the Places We'll Go! | Aug 24, 2014
- Come wind, come rain, come dark of night.The siren song of the Caribbean in summer has an allure that few of us can resist. The sun is bright, the water is calm and the nights are warm. When the mercury hovers over 80 and there is still Posted by vicki_h in . | Aug 13, 2014
- Antonio's 5th Birthday Extravaganza! Part 7I forgot to post our Embarkation photo from the first day!
Today would be our first port day! We were pulling to Nassau when I woke up. I went out to the balcony to see Posted by MarathonMama629 in Oh the Places We'll Go! | Aug 4, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 8=== Day Eight Itinerary: Lee Stocking Island to Stocking Island (30 miles)===
It was our last day. Matt and I decided to spend the morning watching the sun come up on the other side of Lee Stocking Island.
A quick dingy Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 16, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 7===Day Seven Itinerary: Blackpoint Settlement to Lee Stocking Island (30 miles)===
[img=https://farm6.static Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 15, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 6===Day Six Itinerary: Staniel Cay to Blackpoint Settlement (6 miles)===
[img=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/ Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 14, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 5===Day Five Itinerary: Little Farmer’s Cay to Staniel Cay (16 miles)===
We woke up not completely hating each other and figured that was a good enough reason to continue on.
Mornings on the boat were my favorite time. Not only was the Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 13, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 4===Day Four Itinerary: Rat Cay to Little Farmer’s Cay – 24 miles===
I don’t know about everyone else, but I woke up EXHAUSTED.
We had survived Sailing in the Bahamas for Dummies Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 12, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 3Day Three Itinerary: Stocking Island to Rat Cay (23 miles)
It was our first morning on the boat. We were all excited about getting underway.
Unfortunately, we hit our first sn Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 11, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 2===Day Two Itinerary: Sailing from Elizabeth Harbor, Great Exuma to Stocking Island (1/2 Mile)===
We had tricky logistics for the morning. The grocery store closed at 11:00 a.m. Ou Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 10, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 1Relaxing, self-indulgent, easy….those are typically the last 3 words I think of when planning a vacation. Those words are for vacationers. Not me.
Vacationers come home with big smiles, clean clothes, and shiny trinkets purchased at junk stores that s Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 9, 2014
- Do You Have Time for a Quickie?
I don't have to tell you that Matt and I can’t go very long without the itch to get out of town. Unfortunately, our lives and jobs are demanding and don’t often allow us the luxury of Posted by vicki_h in . | May 2, 2014
- Nassau, BahamasToday was our first proper day off the ship. Our choreographer and office team are still on board rehearsing us but we got the afternoon off to go out and see a bit of the Bahamas. They were selling these Posted by laurawatchorn in Artem & Laura's Travels | Mar 31, 2014
- Spring Breakaway[center]yes, yes they were!
Camilla, Jess, Gen and I set sail for our Spring Break in the Atlantic Ocean. Little did I know that I had signed up for 7 whole days with the most loving and vibrant personalities on Posted by sophiagm in Sophia and the City | Mar 23, 2014
- Beating the Winter BluesI thought the whole point of living in the south was to make fun of northerners in the winter.
We southerners are not equipped to deal with extreme cold and we panic at the very idea of snow. Actual snow is Posted by vicki_h in . | Feb 18, 2014
- Royal PrincessOur final two days were at sea heading back to Ft. Lauderdale. We had fair winds and following seas, which made the transit very comfortable. Sea activities were pretty typical. Princess does, however, show lots of movies Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jan 27, 2014
- Royal PrincessWe headed south today, but it was still a little chilly out. Enjoyed sleeping in and reading Pat Conroy's latest book.
[img=http://photo Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jan 24, 2014
- Royal PrincessFor dinner last night we went to the Crown Grill. If you are not using fixed seating dining, going to the specialty restaurants the first night is a great opportunity, as they are essentially empty! We both had Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jan 20, 2014
- Day 3 - Great Stirrup Cay, BahamasSo what do people remember most about their experiences in the Caribbean? For the Island Girls, so far it has been the food. Day 3 started with fresh pastries and cut fruit delivered to the suite at 7:30 a.m. Posted by IslandGirls in The Island Girls | Dec 10, 2013
- Carnival Sensation four day Bahamas cruise 11/10/201311/10 Carnival Sensation four day cruise to Freeport and then Nassau with the sea day on the last day. The Sensation seems as if it has a newer up fit than the other ships of the same age. The Promenade Posted by Blmcvey in McVey Travel & Food | Nov 18, 2013
- 20 Things I Learned on Guana Cay….Redux.I started this blog 5 years ago after an ill-fated trip to Guana Cay with our good friends John and Teresa. Two black eyes, a busted boat propeller, a slide down a boat ramp, sunburned lips, power outages……..Everything that could Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 9, 2013
- Stranded Naked in Abaco
We should have known better than to plan a trip to the Abacos during a week when there were three, yes….THREE….big beach parties. I can barely keep myself in check when there is just th Posted by vicki_h in . | Aug 5, 2013
- Abaco Ain't For Sissies . . . But We Went Anyway (Part 3)On our last day, we awoke early and pinched ourselves: Yes! We'd survived an entire week, and by the end of the day, we'd be home. We gathered up our belongings like the house was on fire, left Posted by TTG in Escape From New York | Jul 23, 2013
- Abaco Ain't For Sissies . . . But We Went Anyway (Part 2)[[http://traceyg.travellerspoint.com/42/|Back on Elbow Cay]], we'd chugged a few beers for courage, then boarded the back of a fancy red golf cart driven by a suspiciously friendly couple named Gigi and Greg, who ostensibly planned to drop us off at the Posted by TTG in Escape From New York | Jul 24, 2013