- Odd landscapes and a failed boat tour...I've mentioned a few times, I'm here for work. So as of last week, two more team members joined me from the United States. I was transferred to a much better hotel and now we are staying there Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Oct 23, 2016
- Videos and pics from the last few days...Some videos of the last few days....
Starting with a pic of the "fixer" whom I depend on. The driver's photo is also in here (close up a man's face...that's him).
[img=http://ph Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Oct 19, 2016
- Exhausted...so will just post some picsI'm working 11 hour days here. When you roll the time stuck in traffic getting to and from the office, well, it's a minor miracle I'm typing this out now.
On Saturday, after Friday's Epic Traffic Jam (which Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Oct 17, 2016
- Friday commute...I am here for work. So I stayed up late toiling away in my hotel room last night preparing for a demo of something I was building. My room is small and the AC needs adjustment every hour Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Oct 14, 2016
- Dhaka is many things, but so far, not a shitholeI haven't composed an entry for the last two days as I simply got swept up into living a work life here...which is why I'm here. It's not a vacation, after all... Up early in the morning, every Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Oct 12, 2016
- Day 2 - DhakaUp early this morning…the jet lag benefitted me last night by sending me to sleep at 10:30pm. Like a normal person.
I was up at 6am as a result and well rested. Took my breakfast downstairs and had the following: rice Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Oct 8, 2016
- Day One in DhakaI left Dubai after an eight hour layover and not having slept on the 17 hr flight that brought me in. When I gathered with the other 300 or so people for the Dhaka flight at 2:00am Dubai time, Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Oct 7, 2016
- Here we go To Dhaka, BangladeshYes. Packed and ready to go. After a full month of nerves around this trip, I'm set. My head is in this. No more fucking around. Hell, I even sprayed my clothes with Premetherin in Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Oct 5, 2016
- trip to Chittagong hill tractsRangamati & Bandarban Trekking Tour
Hills, Lake & Tribal People, Rangamati & Bandarban
Banderban–is the roof of Bangladesh located at Chittagong hill tracts where living verities of ethnic people who are different rest of the flat areas. Different o Posted by expeditions2001 in trip to Chittagong hill tracts | May 24, 2016
- বাংলাদেশ আওয়ামী নবীন লীগ সৌদি আরব কমিটি আয়োজিত প্রতিবাদ সভা মক্কা থেকে সাঈদ খোকনঃ বাংলাদেশ আওয়ামী নবীন লীগের উপর চাদাবাজির মিথ্যা বানোয়াট নিউজ ও অপপ্রচারকারিদের হোশিয়ার করে তিব্র প্রতিবাদ জানিয়েছে বাংলাদেশ আওয়ামী নবীন লীগ সৌদি আরব । বাংলাদেশ আওয়ামী নবীন লীগ সৌদি আরব কমিটি আয়োজিত প্রতিবাদ সভা করেছে । উক্ত Posted by newstime24 in নিউজটাইম | Dec 15, 2015
- Memorable IndiaEither Darjeeling or Delhi had in our tour plan for Eid holidays. I shared my plan with my university friend Mariyam who happens to live Delhi now, and she extended her hand to be her guest with my family in Posted by sajjadtraveler in Sajjad Travelogue | Nov 1, 2015
- Northern Bangladesh (mainly)[center][/center]
Something that has taken me by surprise in Bangladesh is the proliferation of public formal gardens. Practically every significant ancient/cultural site has been prefaced Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Sep 14, 2015
Our local guide told us straight up, there are two things you need to know about Dhaka:
1. the weather can be challenging
2. the traffic is terrible
No arguments on t Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Sep 13, 2015
- Visit BangladeshHi// During this season all the tea gardens of Sreemongol take its real shape, its true beauty. Full of green... A new haven in earth... Its calling you// Posted by EnayetK in The Voyagers | Sep 2, 2015
- Bangladesch - Teil 3Nach unserem Mangrovenabenteuer führte die Reise zunächst wieder zurück in die Hauptstadt. Diesmal blieben wir allerdings nur eine Nacht, denn
wir wollten keine unnötige Zeit mehr in diesem Moloch verschwenden.
Einen Wecker braucht man in Bangladesh üb Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Mar 15, 2015
- Bangladesch - Teil 2Zu den unbestrittenen Höhepunkten eines jeden Besuchs in Bangladesch gehört eine mehrtägige Bootstour durch die Sundarbans. Der mit rund 10000 km[sup]2[/sup] weltweit grösste Mangrovenwald (40 % davon auf indischem Staatsgebiet) lockt mit einer Vie Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Mar 4, 2015
- Bangladesch - Teil 1"Wieso Bangladesch?", wurden wir immer wieder gefragt. Nach rund drei Wochen in diesem eher unbekannten Land fällt uns die Antwort leicht: Weil Bangladesch eine äusserst spannende und vielseitige Destination ist.
Viele kennen Bangladesch ledigli Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Mar 2, 2015
- RIVERS OF HOPES AND DREAMSNeither Sarah nor John Connor had time for loose bowel movements when being pursued by liquid metal killer cyborgs from the future. Arnie's original creation has flesh and blood over his metal skeleton. He bleeds like you and I. Fortunately Posted by gavinbose in TEMPLES,TEAS,TIGERS & TANTRUMS IN TRAINS | Nov 16, 2014
- 50 SHADES OF GREEN"Manchester United are a load of shape shifting, holocaust denying morons and as for David Beckham, the baby munching tosser". No offence to any MANU fans. If only I knew the Bengali for this line, just to wind people Posted by gavinbose in TEMPLES,TEAS,TIGERS & TANTRUMS IN TRAINS | Nov 13, 2014
- RajshahiAs we had altered our plans in Bangladesh we had a few days spare and the Rajshahi district in Northwest Bangladesh popped onto the radar. A couple we had met in Srimangol had said how beautiful it was so we Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | May 12, 2014
- SunderbansThe tour of the Sunderbans we took that was organised by Bengal Tours was spectacular. It lasted three full days and two nights spending the majority of the time aboard the good ship MV Bhelva. We were joined by a Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | May 12, 2014
- KulnaWe stayed at the City Inn in Khulna, quite possibly the grandest hotel we have stayed in so far... We were both blown away. Our room was huge and there was even a bath in the bathroom! We spend the Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | May 12, 2014
- Dhaka It felt a bit odd to be back in the chaos that was Dhaka and it took us a while to orientate ourselves, not helped by the fact we chose to stay in a different hotel than before. The staff Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | May 12, 2014
- RangamatiWe checked ourselves into the Hotel Sufia, and although the room was dirty the staff were helpful and friendly telling us of their relatives in Yorkshire. Our first day in Rangamati we spent eating and trying to access the internet, Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | May 12, 2014
- BandarbanWe were pleasantly surprised by the 'luxury' bus to Bandarban and found it hard to stay awake despite the erratic driving and constant use of the horn. Our permits were checked and we were dropped into town where we were Posted by gonetravelling in Travelling Jane and James 2014 | May 12, 2014