Blog Entries tagged 'Barcelona'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Barcelona'
- Tapas time! Finally...Why on earth has it taken me thirty years to get to Spain! I bloody love the Spanish! They're fantastic. They're in absolutely no rush to do anything and are so sublimely chilled out. They love their food and wine Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | May 10, 2014
- Day oneOur 7 PM flight left at 8:30 because two inebriated passengers were escorted off the plane by security...and then their baggage had to be located and removed from the hold. Despite this dramatic beginning, we arrived only 30 minutes Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Apr 1, 2014
- The Beginning Here's my blog, sorry it's 3 weeks late... I'll break it up so it's easier to read and try to skip quickly over the boring bits...
from leaving Perth we stopped two nights in Dubai, just enough to have a full Posted by Discovery84 in 2014 | Mar 30, 2014
- El Clasico We found out on Friday night about the El Clasico match between Real Madrid and Barcelona, in Bernabeu itself while we are in Madrid! The stadium is only like ten minutes away on foot?
So on Sunday (today) afternoon, the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 23, 2014
- Tired feet Today was to be devoted to a few main things. Gaudi's Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell, and Camp Nou.
Sagrada was a simple affair because they didn't want to go in so we walked a round and took photos.
Supposed to Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 20, 2014
- Stark raving mad So I couldn't wait a day to get this up, here it comes!
Our sandeman tour guide suggested and pointed out an area near the beach but not actually at the beach (touristy) where we could get some good paellas. Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 19, 2014
- A new start I spent a cold night at London Gatwick with my head on my small bag and arms around my big bag. I'd managed to find a fabric-covered seat with no arm rests! But in the early morning they opened the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 18, 2014
- WHEN THE BOOTS FIND YOU.....Our disappointment at not being able to visit the town of Montserrat was short lived when we woke up to glorious sunshine, 20 degrees and no wind. After taking our time packing up the room, drinking much coffee and eating Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 23, 2014
- GAUDI, BUSKERS, MARKETS AND A LITTLE MORE TAPASIt was a beautiful sunny day in Barcelona. The wind was cold so it was still necessary to wear a coat and even with that we were a little chilly on the top of the double-decker bus. We had Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 22, 2014
- PERHAPS A LITTLE OVER THE TAPASWell first of all, I would like to thank you all for your support on the shoe shopping. It is nice to have so many good friends encouraging in time of doubt. Sadly, I have not yet purchased any shoes Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 21, 2014
- WE ARE ON TAPPAS THE WORLDOk, ok so I stole a line, unsuccessfully perhaps, from a movie (I hate Valentine’s Day) I watched last weekend where he had a restaurant called “I’m on Tapas”.
We are all settled in Barcelona. We took a 10 am flight Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 20, 2014
- PATIENCE AND PERSEVERANCE REQUIREDIt isn’t bad enough that winter in Newfoundland lasts a minimum of 6 months (Nov-April) but it randomly chooses to take us hostage with little hope of escape. February travel can be hell anywhere in North America, but no where Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 18, 2014
- Mid-Winter BreakAfter a busy few weeks at work and a successful day of tying up loose ends, I am finally processing the fact that I am running off on another adventure in a couple of days. I have barely had time Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 14, 2014
- Black SAmsung Galaxy Camera Lost in Barcelona Taxi on fridayAfter good dinner with 16 others friends, dinner and flemenco dance in spanish village, we took a cab to go back to our apartment ,
upon arrival , i paid the taxi and same time trying to give extra Posted by kinabalu66 in Lost my Black Samsung GALAXY camera | Nov 12, 2013
- And into Spain, Barcelona - home of Gaudi
Tuesday 22nd October 13 (day 52)
Our hotel receptionist managed to print off our bus ticket so that was a relief. We had our last French breakfast in our hotel room after Lyn had visi Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Oct 24, 2013
- BarcelonaAlmost every traveller has told me what a great city Barcelona is to visit and that I have to go there. They are all right.
Because of the hype we planned for a week in Barcelona, this worked well as Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 30, 2013
- Bye Bye Barcelona=="Catalonia: The Next Independent State in Europe." - Banner in the main square in Barcelona. Hmmmm maybe....? ==
===Time for another delicious, good value 'Menu Del Dia'. As always we ordered different things so we could t Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 27, 2013
- Moments of serenity on Montserrat==“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!" ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!==
===Excited by the fact that we found a great restaurant on a day other than our last, Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 22, 2013
- Totally tapas - With an international twist!==“Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” - Orson Welles==
===We stumbled across this place when looking for food, and were drawn in by the offer of one free tapas and a glass of Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 16, 2013
- The beach burns bright, with the fires of the night..==It's a night of Fire, Fireworks, Coca cakes and Cava, but not of sleep. Happy Sant Joan! Bona revetlla a tots! ==
===As a guest of the St Christopher's hostel we got 10% off food in the bar downstairs making Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 15, 2013
- And on the eighth day, Gaudi created Barcelona...==“Don’t worry, my client isn’t in a hurry.” - Antoni Gaudi (when objections were raised as to the extended completion date of the Sagrada Familia.)==
=== Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 15, 2013
- HolaWe arrived in S'Agaro in the Costa Brava to our accommodation right on the beach and with a big, super deep pool with wicked views of the coast. We were so excited to be here and spent our days relaxing Posted by Georgeandkat in Europe | Jul 7, 2013
- Barcelona, SpainWe finally arrived in Barcelona after a luxurious 5 hour train journey, the train had seats you could push back, plenty of leg room even for a normal sized person and a movie if you wanted to watch it (beats Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jun 19, 2013
- Last Day In Barcelona On Friday Grace and I got up and took the metro to Sagrada Familia. Let me just say, the Barcelona subway system is much much cleaner and easier to use than the New York subways. We got to see the Posted by cgeurope2013 in Casey & Grace's European Adventure | May 26, 2013
- Bike Tour in Barcelona We started our second day in Barcelona off with the fat tire bike tour. We met at Placa de St. Jaume, the city center of old town Barcelona. The next stop was Placa del Rei, the courtyard of the royal Posted by cgeurope2013 in Casey & Grace's European Adventure | May 23, 2013