Blog Entries tagged 'Barcelona'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Barcelona'
- To The Little ShadowsA fierce heart and a stunning mind with a laugh that sounds like all of the good things this world has to offer, Beth Barrie is the kind of woman you want on your team.
She leads with a passion Posted by mirandabarrie in To Sail, Not Drift | Oct 7, 2014
- Barcelona 3We got up early this morning to go to mass at La Sagrada Familia chapel (the free and non touristy place underneath). At the chapel we lit some beautiful candles for my grandparents and also saw Gaudi's grave. No Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 18, 2014
- Barcelona 2We got up early in the morning to go see the famous cathedral called La Sagrada Familia. As we were so early near the cathedral there was a coffee shop and we paid around $40 for two terrible coffees and Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 16, 2014
- Budapest to BarcelonaToday is the last day in Budapest. We went shopping in the city to the market and along our favourite walking street ‘Vaci utca’ to spend the rest of our Hungarian Forints. There were lots of choices but we Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 16, 2014
- Sailing AwayI am a lover of public radio and Diet Pepsi who decided to take the passion I have for the new and the noteworthy to Zaragoza. With my heart sewn carefully my sleeve and a head full of hopes and Posted by mirandabarrie in To Sail, Not Drift | Sep 16, 2014
- Spoils of War Four years ago on a family holiday to Spain (10 of us aged 18-45) we took a jaunt to Barcelona, a city not many of us had heard much about but were quite excited to Posted by Thickymicky in Wandering Wonnacott | Aug 30, 2014
- Cable cars to GaudiAfter a hearty breakfast we have learnt to go to business centre and book tickets to Gaudis Sagrada Familia online. For a three pm entry. Off we go. Grab a cab to catch the cable car to the Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Aug 24, 2014
Driving into Barcelona, I realized that I had romanticized the city as others might have Rome or Paris. Spain had always held some strange allure to me, whether it was the language, t Posted by danza in There and back again | Aug 14, 2014
This blog began with this trip. I started writing every week or so, and kept it going through the US, India and SE Asia. The nature of the travel changed, w Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Aug 12, 2014
- Tapas time! Finally...Why on earth has it taken me thirty years to get to Spain! I bloody love the Spanish! They're fantastic. They're in absolutely no rush to do anything and are so sublimely chilled out. They love their food and wine Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | May 10, 2014
- Day oneOur 7 PM flight left at 8:30 because two inebriated passengers were escorted off the plane by security...and then their baggage had to be located and removed from the hold. Despite this dramatic beginning, we arrived only 30 minutes Posted by Cybercsp in Noordam Cruise - Barcelona to Rome | Apr 1, 2014
- The Beginning Here's my blog, sorry it's 3 weeks late... I'll break it up so it's easier to read and try to skip quickly over the boring bits...
from leaving Perth we stopped two nights in Dubai, just enough to have a full Posted by Discovery84 in 2014 | Mar 30, 2014
- El Clasico We found out on Friday night about the El Clasico match between Real Madrid and Barcelona, in Bernabeu itself while we are in Madrid! The stadium is only like ten minutes away on foot?
So on Sunday (today) afternoon, the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 23, 2014
- Tired feet Today was to be devoted to a few main things. Gaudi's Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell, and Camp Nou.
Sagrada was a simple affair because they didn't want to go in so we walked a round and took photos.
Supposed to Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 20, 2014
- Stark raving mad So I couldn't wait a day to get this up, here it comes!
Our sandeman tour guide suggested and pointed out an area near the beach but not actually at the beach (touristy) where we could get some good paellas. Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 19, 2014
- A new start I spent a cold night at London Gatwick with my head on my small bag and arms around my big bag. I'd managed to find a fabric-covered seat with no arm rests! But in the early morning they opened the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 18, 2014
- WHEN THE BOOTS FIND YOU.....Our disappointment at not being able to visit the town of Montserrat was short lived when we woke up to glorious sunshine, 20 degrees and no wind. After taking our time packing up the room, drinking much coffee and eating Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 23, 2014
- GAUDI, BUSKERS, MARKETS AND A LITTLE MORE TAPASIt was a beautiful sunny day in Barcelona. The wind was cold so it was still necessary to wear a coat and even with that we were a little chilly on the top of the double-decker bus. We had Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 22, 2014
- PERHAPS A LITTLE OVER THE TAPASWell first of all, I would like to thank you all for your support on the shoe shopping. It is nice to have so many good friends encouraging in time of doubt. Sadly, I have not yet purchased any shoes Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 21, 2014
- WE ARE ON TAPPAS THE WORLDOk, ok so I stole a line, unsuccessfully perhaps, from a movie (I hate Valentine’s Day) I watched last weekend where he had a restaurant called “I’m on Tapas”.
We are all settled in Barcelona. We took a 10 am flight Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 20, 2014
- PATIENCE AND PERSEVERANCE REQUIREDIt isn’t bad enough that winter in Newfoundland lasts a minimum of 6 months (Nov-April) but it randomly chooses to take us hostage with little hope of escape. February travel can be hell anywhere in North America, but no where Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 18, 2014
- Mid-Winter BreakAfter a busy few weeks at work and a successful day of tying up loose ends, I am finally processing the fact that I am running off on another adventure in a couple of days. I have barely had time Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 14, 2014
- Black SAmsung Galaxy Camera Lost in Barcelona Taxi on fridayAfter good dinner with 16 others friends, dinner and flemenco dance in spanish village, we took a cab to go back to our apartment ,
upon arrival , i paid the taxi and same time trying to give extra Posted by kinabalu66 in Lost my Black Samsung GALAXY camera | Nov 12, 2013
- And into Spain, Barcelona - home of Gaudi
Tuesday 22nd October 13 (day 52)
Our hotel receptionist managed to print off our bus ticket so that was a relief. We had our last French breakfast in our hotel room after Lyn had visi Posted by Cindy Bruin in WHAT? A DOMESTIC HOLIDAY? UNHEARD OF! | Oct 24, 2013
- BarcelonaAlmost every traveller has told me what a great city Barcelona is to visit and that I have to go there. They are all right.
Because of the hype we planned for a week in Barcelona, this worked well as Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 30, 2013