Blog Entries tagged 'Barcelona'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Barcelona'
- Barcelona Spain: Cheap Seats at the Opera Barcelona, the Capitol of Catalonia Spain, is located on the north east coast of the Iberian Penninsula facing the Mediterranean Sea.
Our seats on KLM flight 0678 are near several families and one child or another cried continuously from Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Jan 17, 2017
- Belgium, Holland, and Madrid/BarcelonaWe took a side trip from Madrid to explore the charming canals in Bruges and Amsterdam, and added a stop in Ghent to admire the iconic altarpiece "Adoration of the Majestic Lamb."
==Thursd Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Dec 27, 2016
- Hello Again - Spain and PortugalWhere do you go for 3 weeks in December? If you live in western Canada Arizona, Vegas and California come to mind. Mexico, Puerto Rico. Hawaii.
I am attracted to Europe.
We booked flights through KLM. Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Dec 28, 2016
- Final weekend in CatalunyaI realize the large majority of our city arrivals seem to be rather difficult and painful. I think that's because of our preference for staying in old town Airbnb's rather than in hotels on the main roads. For the most Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Oct 16, 2016
- Barcelona - Day 4 Tuesday, 9/20After a good night's sleep, we got the bags together and checked out of our hotel. (They held our luggage while we went to the Picasso Museum.) The museum is in a beautiful old building, with a rather confusing Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 20, 2016
- Barcelona - Day 3 Monday, 9/19Three of the four cats had a terrible time going to sleep last night...and then there is Charlie. We had timed tickets to enter Sagrada Familia at 9:45 AM, so we set off after breakfast with a bit Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 19, 2016
- Barcelona - Day 2 Sunday, 9/18After a great night's sleep, we had breakfast and headed to the Cathedral of Barcelona for 10:30 AM Sunday Mass. I have to say that, absent a papal visit, I have never seen so many priests on the altar Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 19, 2016
- Barcelona - Day 1 Saturday, 9/17We landed safely, although an hour behind schedule, at Barcelona International Airport about 9:30 AM. It was an easy flight. Charlie caught a few brief naps, but I did not sleep a wink.
The airport bus dropped Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 17, 2016
- Travel Day from Barcelona to MaltaCalling today a travel day is a bit of a misnomer, because the flight from Barcelona to Malta is only about 2 hours; however, the fact that our flight didn't leave until 8:40pm put us in a tricky position. Fortunately, Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 31, 2016
- The Gothic Quarter and The EixampleWe had another great day exploring Barcelona by foot! We slept much better last night, because our host and dog were staying away at a friend's house. This meant we were able to leave our bedroom door open to invite Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 30, 2016
- BarcelonaWe were moving a little slowly our first morning in Barcelona, having not enjoyed the deepest sleep. Our bed is very comfortable, but the room got pretty warm. We left the window open hoping to catch the evening breeze, but Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 29, 2016
- Sagrada Familia and Park GuellWe left Carcassone's beautiful medieval city behind this morning, and took a 9:00am direct train to Barcelona.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/844050/333080960E0841DAA94B06E894DFABAC.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/844050/thumb_333080 Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 28, 2016
- Bienvenidos a Barcelona: Gaudi, Picasso and Ramblin' OnJen and I have always wanted to visit España, especially to have a chance to hablar Espanol, even though its been a while since our lessons.
Renowned for its architecture, unique Cata Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 5, 2016
- BarcelonaA red-eye flight from Miami to Barcelona was the obvious choice. That gave us the whole day in Miami to run errands and be sure we had everything for our trip. It also meant the kids would be sleeping for Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jun 17, 2016
- Our Stay in BarcelonaIt's our second (and last) full day in Barcelona. We leave tomorrow afternoon (Monday) on the cruise. We were so tired last night, we forgot to write up anything and went right to sleep. We're still Posted by johnjeanne in John and Jeanne's Windstar Trip | May 15, 2016
- Harold and Kumar go to Spain"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain"
It's been a crazy week to say the least. The Canadian licensing exam is finally over and left most of us writing it Posted by desiallstar in Adventures of a Vijilante | May 9, 2016
- Life is Good in BarcelonaMy most recent trip to Barcelona came and went quickly. Just like the entire semester, it came upon me in the midst of so much else (other trips, work, studying) and then all of a sudden it was over. My Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Apr 23, 2016
- Barcelona Markets La Boqueria
The Boqueria Market, as it is known today, has been through many phases of life. On the following words I'll try to gi Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | Dec 18, 2015
It felt like such a long time since the girls and I got away together so I was looking forward to our trip to Barcelona very much. It had been planned quite some time ago and then almost forgotten about Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | Dec 3, 2015
- One week in Spain!==Barcelona==
Barcelona is rightfully famous for wondrous gothic architecture, bustling laneways, an amazing harbour, full on nightlife and much more.
===Walk and Discover===
I did a lot of walking, as the weather was lovely and it's a fairly flat c Posted by SkinnyFists in Tales from the Transit Lounge | Oct 3, 2015
- Turkey, Rome, Majorca, Slovenia and SpainDuring the October break, in addition to going to London, Juli went on a trip to Turkey with Jill, a new friend and colleague from Frankfurt. It was a kind of a “Turkey for Tourists” trip but it was Posted by julesandjosh in Juli and Josh's European Adventure | Aug 23, 2015
- BarcelonaI'm currently in Barcelona train station waiting for my train to Madrid. Today, I spent most of my day in Barcelona train station.
Yesterday, I went on a tapas and walking tour of the el gotic which is the area Posted by europa84 in europa | Jul 5, 2015
- BarcelonaYesterday, I went on a guided tour of architecture by Antoni Gaudi, including La Sagrada Familia (a church he designed).
Gaudi was a pioneer in the modernist architecture movement and had very innovative and progressive ideas for the early 20th century Posted by europa84 in europa | Jul 4, 2015
- Barcelona Hop on, hop off buses.Sleeping in Barcelona in June means sleeping with no bed linen on. On Friday we toured the city on the hop on hop off buses, good value as you can do the red tour and the green tour which take Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 25, 2015
- Exploring BarcelonaOn our first day in Barcelona we caught the train tor Barcelona. We were advised to buy 10 tickets rides. First you get off the train and look around trying to make sense of everything and definitely making Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jun 23, 2015