- Rigoletto: Minsk Opera[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by EUTravelGuide in Ballet - Opera - Theatre | Apr 10, 2017
- Realxing in MinskFor my last day in Minsk I decided to have a relaxing and easy-going day. I've decided to have one day like this every week or so in order to avoid travel burnout.
I slept in again this Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 26, 2016
- Castles of BelarusToday was one of the longer days I’ve had on the trip – or it at least felt that way!
I was up just before 7, which was quite early considering that I’ve been staying up until around 1am every night Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 25, 2016
- Exploring MinskI got a bit of a late start to the day today as I finally got to sleep in on this trip. I relaxed at the hotel during the morning, meandered down to breakfast around 9. The breakfast Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 24, 2016
- Time to defectMy last day in Moscow allowed for a few hours more of sightseeing and I made the most of the time.
I decided to revisit Lenin's Mausoleum this morning. For some reason I found myself drawn back to see his Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 23, 2016
- Onwards to MoscowWarsaw station.
After passing through most of the way through Poland the train made it to Warsaw. This was the last stop in the EU. The next stop will be Brest in Belarus where the bogies on Posted by stephen_dann in World Tour 2016 | Mar 5, 2016
- Belarus==Background and Impressions==
Belarus is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe bordered by Russia to the northeast, Ukraine to the south, Poland to the west, and Lithuania and Latvia to the northwest. Its capital is Minsk.
It is a small, mostly fl Posted by janejoe in Belarus | Apr 25, 2015
- MINSK, BELARUSToday is Tuesday, 2 September and we say farewell to MOSKBA or Moscow and travelled the 700+ km to Minsk. Russian uses the Cyrillic alphabet and it takes a little getting used to. Signs on the highways show Russian and Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Sep 2, 2014
- Buying train tickets in BelorussianHow do you get by without talking the languish? It's a question I get a lot talking about these trips of mine to obscure places.
Normally going to the ticket window and ordering a train ticket is a fairly simple task Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Mar 1, 2013
- Europe's last dictatorship[float=left][/float]I’m actually not sure whether the ter Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Feb 26, 2013
- Belarusian Capital. "Hammer and Sickle" cityВоскресенье. Почему бы не воспользоваться возможностью сменить страну на день? Почему бы не махнуть из одной столицы в другую? Решено – в Минск!
Всего три часа на поезде и уже в центре Б Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Mar 7, 2012
- Day 54After breakfast we left around 11:30 in a bit of a snow flurry much to the amusement of the onlookers!
The road out of Homyel took us past some nice wide open flat plains interspersed with big forested areas and the Posted by EdAndJames in Coastin' Around | Mar 27, 2009
- Day 53We had a few things still to do this morning (cleaning/lubeing my bike and printing off a map of tonight's hotel were a couple if them) and after that we loaded up the bikes for the first time in three Posted by EdAndJames in Coastin' Around | Mar 27, 2009
- Train travel in BelarusI plan to visit Belarus with a friend in October. We will be flying into Minsk and then want to get to Grodno the next day. How do I get a train schedule and can I purchase tickets Posted by btitle in Minsk to Hrodno by Train | Sep 28, 2008
- Driving cross the outback!*
Sorry for the silence we have been working for th Posted by AnnaL in OZ NZ & Thailand summer 2008 | Jul 17, 2008
- BelarusI'm back in the capital city, Minsk. Since I arrived, I saw the opera, AIDA in the Minsk Concert Hall, and also attended a spectacular ballet performance (Bolero) in the Palats Republici. The ballet was a stunning performance with an Posted by Globerovers in GlobeRovers - Exploring Planet Earth | Jul 1, 2007
- The hunt for the dining carI board my train from Brussels North station to Moscow, and appear to be the only one that boards the train. I learn later that I am not alone, there are at least 3 other people on the train Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Oct 23, 2005