- Day 15 – A sad day for us bluesWell not much to report today.
First priority was to try and fix the computer. Turned out to be frustrating. Took it to 2 places and in both instances the computer worked fine. Took it back Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 28, 2015
- Day 14 - Wonderful BrugesToday we caught the train out to Bruges. Originally we were going to try and also fit in Ghent into our outing, but the attraction of Bruges was too much.
Like a lot of places in the lowlands, it too Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 28, 2015
- Day 13 - Beer and fritzsWell someone is a tired little vegemite! Travelling is often tiring and just the act of getting from A to B, no matter how soft the journey, can take a toll. And so it was today.
While Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 26, 2015
- Belgium - beer & chocolate! !It's goodbye Ghent and we are on our way to Brussels and tomorrow it's off to Rhodes. Looking forward to a bit of r&r. Been tracking the steps each day and averaging 20, 000 a day or about 10 kms. Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | May 25, 2015
- This could be the longest weekendWe decided to catch a taxi from Bruges to Ghent to bypass the hassle of the trying to struggle with the suitcases which seem to be getting heavier by the moment.
Ghent is another beautiful Belgian city, much bigger Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | May 23, 2015
- Beautiful BrugesHello from one of the most beautiful places (ok I said that about Ieper). We got here by train and make a mental note 5 minutes to change trains is not sufficient no matter what the ticket office says. Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | May 22, 2015
- IEPER to BRUGGE - MAY 21st & 22ndIt was only a short trip from Ieper to Brugge but we managed to make a trip of it. We got diverted in some little town so we followed the signs to Brugge avoiding the Motorway. Nice ride Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 22, 2015
- ieper, Ypres, Wipers...whateverYesterday was a long day, we went on the battlefield tour with our driver Jack. Never thought that this type of tour would be of such interest. Even though we may never understand the horrors these young men faced, to Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | May 21, 2015
- IEPER (Ypres) MAY 20thLazy day today, we decided to do a walking tour of Ieper
Following the path of the Defence Wall ( Ancient Ramparts of the 17th Century) around the City Moat.
The Lion on top of the Menin Gate is Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 20, 2015
- LAKE WINDERMERE (UK) to YPRES (Belgium) MAY 16th to MAY 19thWe left Lake Windermere heading to Nottingham. It seems when Steve installed our Scala system to our new helmets he pinched the wires - eventually we lost communication. We rode 300kms in freezing cold windy conditions to get there Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 19, 2015
- Belgium Chocolates & WafflesWe have been dreaming of indulging in Belgium Chocolates and waffles but sadly it wasn't to be.
We awoke this morning and made the decision that we needed to go to the Hospital. Our tour guide arranged the taxi for Posted by hubner2015 in European Adventures | May 16, 2015
- Our Time in the Loire After a few "hiccups" we are back on the bikes. Saw some wonderful Cathedrals, one in particular in Briare was exquisite with the most amazing mosaics we have ever seen! We thought of you Meri Posted by hubner2015 in European Adventures | May 16, 2015
- Last day in BelgiumThis post has been updated to include the rest of the pictures from yesterday.
This morning, we had to check out of our B&B after we had our bread and pastries. We took the metro to the train station, where Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | May 15, 2015
- More BelgiumWe started today out with more pastries for breakfast, and we wanted to get going early because we were going to take the train to some other cities in Belgium; Brugges and Ghent.
As we were walking to the station, we Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | May 14, 2015
- Second Day in BrusselsToday started out nicely, as we woke up to our first B&B breakfast. Our hostess brought us bread and pastries, a typical European breakfast. The pastries are rumored to be homemade, but she didn't tell us that herself; Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | May 13, 2015
- Lambic Time!Today started a little slower than we would have liked. We slept in a little bit, and ended up paying the price. It turns out, our Hostel came with almost no amenities. We did not think it would be so Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | May 12, 2015
- Onward to Belgium Today we hopped on a train from Amsterdam to Antwerp. Our hostel last night was about a 45 minute walk, and with 30 extra pounds on our backs, it wore us down, but we made it through. Jeremy finally found Posted by Acw415 in Jeremy & Ashley Travel Europe | May 11, 2015
Blog posts will probably slowdown from this point on as I will probably do them in Countries rather than per day. We will see what happens.
Let’s just start out by saying we are very lucky that we checked our Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | May 4, 2015
- Getting ready for CymruYesterday I decided to go for a diner.
I noticed a new Wok-place, that would open in April 2015. I jumped on my bicycle and rode that kilometers south. Well, it's officially May now, but only building materials are on Posted by peeweeke in Steam and Beer | May 1, 2015
- Figuring Out the Best Way to Get ThereNow that I know that I will definitly travel by train. It was time to do a search for the best deals on trains in the UK.
So to get to Minffordd from London, one needs to transfer in Birmingham.
Although Posted by peeweeke in Steam and Beer | May 3, 2015
- Who Mourns for King Leopold?Traveling throughout Europe, and other countries, I am struck about how little I know about history. Or rather, how little I know about how much history there is in the world.
[img=http://pho Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Apr 30, 2015
It was going to be cold, but it was going to be amazing. 2 weeks, no airports, queues or airplanes, 6 cities in 3 countries, Christmas markets, lots of Glüwein and Bratwursts and fingers crosses, a white Christmas!
With an Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Mar 15, 2015
- Brussels & Amsterdam[center]
well, since we didn't truly get holidays at christmas, we got given chinese/lunar new year while here in austria.
obviously a grand ol' excuse to go explore europe for a few days before things get cray here with
projects and Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Feb 22, 2015
- België: Ik zal deze reis voor eeuwig koesteren !Hallo allemaal,
Terug in het land der Belgen !
Ik heb een avontuur achter de rug dat voor eeuwig in mijn geheugen gegrift staat en ik zal het blijvend koesteren.
Ik moet nu nog mijn leven in België terug op de rails krijgen Posted by gdaniels in Around the world | Feb 17, 2015
- Brussels is boring. Yeah, right!Looking at my tickets from Berlin to Brussels, there was one small scary element: I had a train to Amsterdam, then a bit of a wait for a train to Rotterdam and then 2 minutes until the train to Brussels. Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Feb 13, 2015