- A hot day in NivellesIt's hot here in Nivelles today - mid 30's? - so what did we do to keep cool?
But firstly, a video I forgot to upload from a week or so ago near Utrecht. Jeroen, Alma, Emmy, Jolanda and I pedalling Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 1, 2015
- BACK TO BRUSSELS & WAIT CONTINUES===Sunday 14th June 2015 (day forty-one)===
Dinant to Brussels
Included breakfast was help yourself coffee, tea, packet waffle and yoghurt. Not very exciting, but enough to get us started. We were able to leave our luggage wh Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Jun 30, 2015
- Day 11 or so: Utrecht to NivellesHey, Summer has arrived in its full glory: it's 30+ degrees outside with higher temps on the way. Wonderful!
At Myrtle (sister) and Roy's home we have a big patio and lush lawn area with tables, umbrellas and chairs. Ideal Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jun 30, 2015
- STILL IN BRUSSELS.===Thursday 11th June 2015 (day thirty-eight)===
Visited the local flea market today on our way to the centre for a ‘free’ (donation expected at the end) walking tour of Brussels. Lots of trash and treasure at the mark Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Jun 29, 2015
- A FALL IS NOT A HIT!
===Sunday 7th June 2015 (day thirty-four)===
Bruges to Aalter to Brussels
We woke to a beautiful day, never knowing it would turn to tragedy.
Again a fil Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Jun 26, 2015
- Country Two - Bye, Bye[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLn7AbUFno|Bye, bye Belgium]].
Time to leave Belgium
I made a bicycle tour around Leuven to look at what I liked.
I really like how people commute by bus, train, and bicycles
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/51 Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 26, 2015
- Country Two - Antwerp[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antwerp|Antwerp]] has a just slightly smaller population than Denver, Colorado.
But that is about all they have in common.
Antwerp has two train stations through which dozens of trains from all towns and cities in Belgium Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 25, 2015
- Brussels and LondonSo after a few quick days at home, changing clothes and sleeping in our own bed, and driving our real car... we headed off on the next stage of our Spring Break... a train to Brussels.
Brussels was gorgeous. We stayed Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 22, 2015
- Road Trip (Part 2)OK - so it's no secret... I'm catching up on blog posts now that school's out for the summer holidays... I had done the first part of this trip, with Mum and Dad in the family truckster... so now here Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 22, 2015
- Country Two - MechelenI was told Mechelen was an interesting town just one half hour by train. I decided to pop up there late one afternoon for a stroll and dinner.
[im Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 22, 2015
- Country Two - To Market, To MarketThe first time I saw a town market was in The Netherlands in 2002.
I was amazed and thought it was a rarity. I watched a middle-aged vendor spread his fingers through rayon panties for his old lady customer to inspect Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 21, 2015
- Country Two - BelgiumI am house and cat sitting in a 1930s-era home in [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kessel-Lo|the little town of Kessel-Lo]].
Ten years ago, I v Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 19, 2015
- BrusselsWe got off the train from Bruges to Brussels in good time Monday morning. It was pretty rainy so we had a very wet but still nice walk to our hostel. My friend Noor, who I worked with at Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | Jun 17, 2015
- BrugesColby and I got to Bruges on Saturday morning after a pretty gruelling overnight train from Munich. Every time we take a form of overnight transport, we vow never to do so again, and this time was no different! Sometimes Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | Jun 17, 2015
- A Sure Sign to Know You Are in Europe[img= Posted by SB Hermitage in Shelley at the Hermitage | Jun 17, 2015
- Cat v. WaterForgive me if cats do this all the time; I myself have never met a cat spawned of the devil, and so its craftiness was quite fascinating to me:
See cat (already on table, trying to get at my food). See Posted by SB Hermitage in Shelley at the Hermitage | Jun 14, 2015
- Me v. CatThis is the meanest cat in the world. Well, at least in all of Ghent, perhaps in all of Belgium. His name is Climax, although maybe if you spell it in a Dutch way, like "Klymaaks" it won't seem so Posted by SB Hermitage in Shelley at the Hermitage | Jun 10, 2015
- Belgians...They drink a lot.
And they eat a lot of mussels.
Methinks that's a pretty good description, actually.
Posted by SB Hermitage in Shelley at the Hermitage | Jun 9, 2015
- Day 15 – A sad day for us bluesWell not much to report today.
First priority was to try and fix the computer. Turned out to be frustrating. Took it to 2 places and in both instances the computer worked fine. Took it back Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 28, 2015
- Day 14 - Wonderful BrugesToday we caught the train out to Bruges. Originally we were going to try and also fit in Ghent into our outing, but the attraction of Bruges was too much.
Like a lot of places in the lowlands, it too Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 28, 2015
- Day 13 - Beer and fritzsWell someone is a tired little vegemite! Travelling is often tiring and just the act of getting from A to B, no matter how soft the journey, can take a toll. And so it was today.
While Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 26, 2015
- Belgium - beer & chocolate! !It's goodbye Ghent and we are on our way to Brussels and tomorrow it's off to Rhodes. Looking forward to a bit of r&r. Been tracking the steps each day and averaging 20, 000 a day or about 10 kms. Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | May 25, 2015
- This could be the longest weekendWe decided to catch a taxi from Bruges to Ghent to bypass the hassle of the trying to struggle with the suitcases which seem to be getting heavier by the moment.
Ghent is another beautiful Belgian city, much bigger Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | May 23, 2015
- Beautiful BrugesHello from one of the most beautiful places (ok I said that about Ieper). We got here by train and make a mental note 5 minutes to change trains is not sufficient no matter what the ticket office says. Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | May 22, 2015
- IEPER to BRUGGE - MAY 21st & 22ndIt was only a short trip from Ieper to Brugge but we managed to make a trip of it. We got diverted in some little town so we followed the signs to Brugge avoiding the Motorway. Nice ride Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 22, 2015