- Tyne Cot, Adegem and BrugesHi everyone,
We began the day under a light rain and headed for Tyne Cot cemetery (9 km from Ypres), in terms of burials (11 856), the largest of all Commonwealth gravesites. Of those, only 3 587 are identified, a testament Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 19, 2014
- The Ypres SalientGood evening everyone,
This morning the group got a bit of a break, as breakfast wasn’t served until 8:00. At 9 we headed to our first stop of the day, the Canadian memorial at Hill 62. The Canadian Corps engaged in Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 18, 2014
- Breendonk & GhentGood afternoon everyone,
We left the beautiful city of Maastricht this morning and there were many who were sad to see it go. Our first stop on our journey west through Belgium was at the Breendonk Memorial, a former Belgian army Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 17, 2014
- Bruxelles, la capitale de l'Europe==[center]“Remember what Bilbo used to say: It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
– JRR Tolkien[/center]==
Not Posted by Courtster in Courtney: A Foreigner to the World | Dec 11, 2014
- Departure Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Dec 2, 2014
- Happy Halloween from Belgium!We had a nice relaxing day trip to Bruges today! We started off our morning right around 9:00 and packed up for a long day roaming around a new city. We packed our backpack and got ready as quickly as Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 31, 2014
- Discovering BrusselsWe had a great time exploring Brussels today! We woke up a little later than planned. I guess staying up for the San Francisco Giants' World Series victory took a toll on us! Nonetheless we only slept an hour later Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 30, 2014
- Rainy Day in BrusselsWe must have been pretty exhausted from our 40 kilometer bike ride yesterday because we didn't get up until the early afternoon...woops! Justin stayed up super late last night finishing the post and pictures for everyone to enjoy. He also Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 29, 2014
- Ardennes American Military CemeteryToday was full of adventure! We started the morning off much earlier than usual, waking up around 7:30. We both stumbled around sleepily while getting changed (which means adding layers of clothes...many layers!). The plan for the day was to Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 28, 2014
- Mellow Day in BrusselsToday we set an alarm but deliberately decided to ignore it. We rolled out of bed just before noon, since we didn't have plans for today. When we chose to start our day we started by doing a few hours Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 27, 2014
- Travel Day: Amsterdam to BrusselsToday was yet another great day because we got to look forward to seeing another country for the first time! We woke up in Amsterdam around 7:30 and continued to lay in bed until just after 8:00, at which time Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 26, 2014
- Belgium: Bruges, Brussels, YpresDestination: Belgium
Date of Travel: February 2014
Travel By: Car and Eurotunnel
Length of Trip: 6 days
Travellers: a Mom, a Dad, an OlderBoy (age 9), a YoungerBoy (age 5)
Itinerary: Day 1: drive into Bruge Posted by ThisMomTravels in Travels, With Kids | Sep 29, 2014
- Two days, in Brugge, with you? No #$@^ing way!Beautiful Belgium: famous for beer, chocolate, waffles, fries, and cycling. Brugge is home to all these things, and known also for the Brendan Gleeson/Colin Farrell film, "In Bruges". It also stars Ralph Fiennes and Peter Dinklage, and is one of Posted by apostrophewoman in The Festival of Alison | Sep 16, 2014
- Mas que raio?! então mas onde está a calçada?Hoje quando passei pela Avenida da Liberdade, dou de caras com calceteiros a reparar a calçada que cobre a parte pedonal.
Nisto, o meu cérebro tem um espasmo e na sua gavetinha da memória, faz recordar-me de uma situação ocorrida á Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Aug 29, 2014
- Change in plansHi everybody!
It has been forever since I last wrote you guys! Sorry about that. I had exams and then I usually I disappear from the face of the earth! Haha!
Okay! So now that my exams are over, I can really Posted by hannah.rothe.7 in TRIP TO ITALY | Aug 29, 2014
- Fairytale town Legit, this is maybe the most adorable town in the history of the world. Seriously, look how happy/cute I've become.
A Posted by mischel in Mischels magical monde | Aug 27, 2014
- The town of LeffeHave stopped in the town of Leffe, drove around looking for the brewery then ventured on foot as we were having no luck, found out that it had closed down, the nearest thing now is a restaurant sitting Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Aug 24, 2014
- A couple of days in Ghent, Belgium
[img=http://phot Posted by dentontrekker in Around The World with Linda & Scott | Aug 21, 2014
- Last Day in EuropeWe had to be at the Belgium airport by 8am Sunday to return the car and pick up another for just 2 days. We were able to arrive right at 8am after sleeping in a rest stop just north of Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 17, 2014
- België - Deurne: Mijn routeNepal - Thailand - Myanmar - Singapore - Nieuw-Zeeland - Hawai - New York Posted by gdaniels in Around the world | Aug 14, 2014
- België - Deurne: Mijn eerste uitdaging !!Naast mijn eigen spullen neem ik ook een aantal zaken mee voor mijn eerste project zoals kleding, kleurboeken, stickerboeken, potloden, pennen, slijpers, gommen, balonnen, papieren vliegtuigjes, ...
[center][/center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by gdaniels in Around the world | Aug 14, 2014
- Well they certainly love a pissing statue!First off, I would like to apologise for again being so slack in getting these posts out (I feel like this is starting to become a bit of a theme!). I am about three months behind, but rest assured over Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Aug 10, 2014
- Backpacking trip to Italy: Part 1Hi!
First I'll tell you guys something about myself. Although it's hard, I'll try to describe myself as my friends would. I'm spontaneous, responsible, kindhearted, a traveler, hopeless romantic, naive, noble, a good friend, funny, always putting peopl Posted by hannah.rothe.7 in TRIP TO ITALY | Aug 3, 2014
- First Failed MissionI rented a car in Munich to drive up to Eifel National Park near Cologne. The Nurburgring was also nearby my hotel. I had read that Eifel was Germany's first and only international dark sky park and I Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 3, 2014
13th Jul to 17th Jul: After spending a few days again in Paris because we had to due to the Busabout timetable, it was time to bus it to Bruges, Belgium. So once again we got up early and Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jul 29, 2014