- If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium[float=left][/float]Some people may wonder why we don’t get more done in a day but it’s likely because we don’t rush to get out of bed in the morning. Our usual t Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 21, 2013
- In Flanders Fields[float=right][/float]Today we travelled out of France and into Belgium, but we weren’t too heartbroken because we would be back in France again at the end of ou Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 21, 2013
Spent many hours wandering quiet cobbled streets and alleys, window shopping and eating. Monday was a bank holiday but we found that many things opened after 2pm. Managed to get all our washing and drying done at a laundromat Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | May 21, 2013
- BruggeSunday 19.05
The tour group left to head back to London at 7:15 so we got up to wave them off and then had our last gourmet breaky and packed up. There were 10 ppl not continuing with the group Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | May 20, 2013
- Antwerp, Brussels and a run-in with the Gestapo!?!We woke up this morning and Chris made everyone a great breakfast! When he moved to Belgium, he started experimenting with making his own bread to save money, and I was pretty impressed! Not only did we have Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | May 14, 2013
- In Bruges!When I woke up this morning, I remembered that I had used the last of the eggs yesterday and realized that I had never gone to the store as I had planned. It was probably a good thing, because Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | May 12, 2013
- Bruges(Belgium), Arras, Etretat, Honfleur, Deauville, CaenSometimes when we are wandering around a city or driving in the country side I really can't believe this is all real. I know that a few weeks or months after we get home it's all going to seem Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | May 8, 2013
- European Food - BelgiumBelgium:
Despite being in Belgium for only 90 minutes we did our best to sample as much of the food as possible.
Flemish Fries are apparently the national dish, I’m not sure if I believe that, twice cooked fries with a Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Apr 29, 2013
- Brussels, BelgiumWe tried to make it to Brussels on the Flynn road trip, but couldn't quite squeeze it in. I had the opportunity to go afterwards though and jumped on it. It's a bigger city than I thought it would Posted by meghann922 in Deutschland y Mas | Apr 27, 2013
- BrusselsI never intended to travel to Belgium at this time of year, but due to some uncharacteristic disorganisation on my part, it became much more affordable for me to detour to Brussels and fly from there to Spain than it Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Mar 3, 2013
- Crossing the AtlanticHolaaaa mis minas y chabones!!
These are the names for boys and girls I will probably be hearing a lot the coming 3,5 months, because as most of you know: I am leaving again! YESSS! As everything went pretty well surviving Posted by ElenaMaria in Mendoza Maravillosa | Feb 28, 2013
- BrusselsSo again I sincerely apologise for the lack of blogging. I will hopefully get almost up to date in the next couple of days, well that's the plan as my next stop is seeing Carmen and don't see me getting Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | Feb 26, 2013
- Day 29 - BruggeThere is still a lot of snow hanging around today. Our plan was to sample some chocolates from some of the many chocolate shops in order to find the best one to buy gifts from.
We had a slow start after Posted by AndreaSchache in The Schache's hit Europe | Jan 21, 2013
- Day 28 - BruggeIt snowed last night!! We headed out for an early morning walk to check it out. There was not too much that had stuck to the ground but we manged to find little patches to play in. We were both Posted by AndreaSchache in The Schache's hit Europe | Jan 21, 2013
- Day 27 - BruggeThis morning is Saturday and we had been told that there was a market on in one of the squares in town so after a sleep in we walked to the market. To begin with it looked like it was Posted by AndreaSchache in The Schache's hit Europe | Jan 21, 2013
- Day 26 - Paris to Brugge via BrusselsUp early this morning for our early train to Brussels. Luckily we looked at the tickets last night and realised that we were leaving from a different train station to the one we arrived at. This was good because it Posted by AndreaSchache in The Schache's hit Europe | Jan 21, 2013
- Amsterdam to CologneToday was probably the quickest and easiest I’ve gotten out of bed early in the entire trip. One reason really…we were going to see the Secret Annexe, which is where Anne Frank’s family hid among others in Amsterdam. We woke Posted by Harryandamanda in Around the world in 81 days | Jan 16, 2013
- BruggeHappy New Year all!!!! What a year 2012 has been and we are still here, the end of the world didn’t happen, those silly Mayans. Well by the time I write this, it has been fourteen days since the New Posted by Harryandamanda in Around the world in 81 days | Jan 16, 2013
- Brussels There is a lot to see in Brussels, on the iPad we have bookmarked several sites on the maps application, so we had a lot of ground to cover, with things to do and things to see, we started our Posted by Harryandamanda in Around the world in 81 days | Jan 13, 2013
- This is it...So after throwing my goodbye party, celebrating New Year and saying goodbye to the remainder of the family, the moment is there… Finally I’m ready to take off to Lima, where a new adventure is about to start. I’m super Posted by tombroekaert in Tom in South-America | Jan 3, 2013
- Day 13Today we did Brussels. Yes that's right, there is literally so little to do here that I'm satisfied with our 1 day of speed walking through this city. We started off by taking the metro to Parc, walking Posted by lins_euro in Girls' trip to the UK & Belgium!! | Jan 2, 2013
- Day 12Happy New Year! Today we finally slept in! We didn't wake up until noon. We watched some BBC world (way better then CNN!) and checked email, etc...
Then we went for a walk in our neighbourhood. According to my Posted by lins_euro in Girls' trip to the UK & Belgium!! | Jan 1, 2013
- Day 11Ok, yesterday's adventures made Belgium decent again. Les and I woke up early (well 7:30am) is early for travel in my books at least. We sped walked finding a grocery store and bakery to pick up something for Posted by lins_euro in Girls' trip to the UK & Belgium!! | Jan 1, 2013
And back into a foreign speaking country. We flew from Dublin to Brussels arriving at Charleroi airport- the budget airport which is an hour away from Brussels. We were a bit confused when we arrived- seeing the airport filled with Posted by blake-michelle in Blake & Michelle VS The World | Dec 31, 2012
- Day 10So Lesley and I arrived in Brussels. The Eurostar was awesome. Easy check in, left and arrived on time, very comfortable seats and super quite ride.
So far, I'm not impressed with Brussels and really am not Posted by lins_euro in Girls' trip to the UK & Belgium!! | Dec 30, 2012