- Dreaming of a white ChristmasIt really feels like winter now. Although it is still technically Autumn I am declaring that Winter is here. I am wearing more layers of clothing then ever in my life, starting with thermal pants and shirt, another shirt, a Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Dec 5, 2013
- BrugesBruges is beautiful beyond words. Picturesque and photogenic, at times it feels like I have stepped into a story book or have arrived in another time. With winter approaching the days are getting shorter and colder. At 4:30 it is Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Nov 20, 2013
- Ghent40 minutes northwest by train and we arrive in Ghent, in the Flemish region of Belgium. This is a city that boasts a medieval castle in the heart of town, canals that weave through the streets, and one of the Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Nov 20, 2013
- Brussels for Man and his DogSadly it is farewell to Istanbul as we head north bound for Belgium. We fly into Brussels via Kiev where we will have a brief 2 night stay before moving on to Ghent then Bruges over the next week or Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Nov 18, 2013
- BrusselsBrussels is the mid trip break before heading on to UK. I had intended to take a day trip to Brugge but decided to just relax a bit and walk around the Grand Place. Also Francis was getting tired of Posted by mrs.t in Europe 2013 | Oct 18, 2013
- Road Trip 28th SeptemberThis was the first day of our road trip to Oktoberfest, the world’s biggest beer festival.
To get there requires a considerable amount of driving, however being Europe there were plenty of great stop overs on the way. Today’s stop Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Oct 10, 2013
- 10 travel books you should readhttp://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/9226152/Ten-essential-travel-reads
Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Sep 29, 2013
- 2013 Liege - Rome - Liege Rally We're Almost Off...Again!
We didn't make it time for moules et frites in Dunkirk. Instead we walked along the prom...
Posted by haveyoubeenyet in Have You Been Yet? by Pam Fisher | Sep 21, 2013
- The Scenic & the Som(me)breOur choice of dates to leave Greece coincided with the end of European summer holidays, and the weekend was a bank holiday in Britain. Because of this airfares were ridiculous, but we found a much cheaper alternative by flying via Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Sep 3, 2013
- El CapitanRegular readers of the blog will take notice that we are making a return trip to Belgium for this adventure, and more specifically Ghent. You may see some familiar faces and places.
On our last trip to Ghent we met Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Aug 21, 2013
- Belgium 2009 continuesAs it has been a while for this trip...so, I will use less description and more photographs.
Yummy....chocolate street. Brussells is famous for their chocolatessssssssssssssssss :)
[img Posted by sameen in Ghumakkar | Jul 28, 2013
- Summers 2009 in EuropeMy husband had one week off from work and we wanted to see a new and different place...so, after doing some research we included Aachen (Germany) as my husband cousin was studying there at that time and my husband wanted Posted by sameen in Ghumakkar | Jul 28, 2013
- I Need to Find the Key to Let Me InAfter the Magritte museum and lunch, I went to find some more interesting things in Brussels. I'd seen several brochures and gift-shop models of the Atomium, a building that was “The Eiffel Tower of Brussels” (The similarity came in the Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 20, 2013
- When the Smaller Picture's the Same as the Bigger PictureWhen the title of this blog is taken from Rene Magritte's “Treachery of Images,” I shouldn't really go to Brussels and avoid Magritte. So yesterday, I went to a chocolate store, with one of the types of chocolates being called Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 19, 2013
- Cause Today We Can Be Right Here Where We Wanna BeAfter Paris and Luxembourg, I felt completely lost in Brussels. Not lost as in “Where am I? How do I get home?” Lost as in “Where am I? What do I do?”
It's the same sort of feeling I had in Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 19, 2013
- Beautiful Bruges
In 2003, Nigel and I spent a beautiful, snowy New Years Eve in a small medieval town called [[http://visitbruges.be/|Bruges]] in Belgium. We always wanted to go back but little did we kno Posted by dinige in Rowan Family Adventures! | Jul 12, 2013
- Bruges, BelgiumOnly an hours train ride from Brussels and we arrived in Bruges/Brugge around 16.00 and checked straight into our hotel (yes hotel) - we had found an Ibis Budget [[http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-5046-ibis-budget-brugge-centrum-station-previously-etap Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jul 9, 2013
- Brussels, BelgiumAfter a 5 hour train journey across France, Luxembourg and Belgian we finally arrived late into Brussels, home of Waffles, Chocolate, Beer, Tin Tin (Nick was slightly obsessed!) and of course my favourite artist Rene Magritte.
We arrived at 20:00 to Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jul 7, 2013
- Differences and SimilaritiesMax and I went to the grocery store while Will boiled noodles and set the table.
We wanted cake, a box to which we could add oil and eggs. We didn't find one but we did find a super inexpensive Posted by sammaxwill2013 in sammaxwill2013 | Jun 24, 2013
- West Rockies US 2013
Never thought that in this digital world I would be needing to carry more than 3kg of paper, maps, guides !
Thank you colleagues and friend for your contribution. :-)
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by Eddy VDR in West Rockies US 2013 (English) | Jun 22, 2013
- BrugesI don't know why we've not been to Bruges before. It has everything..9 million types of beer,6 million varieties of chocolate and 3 million restaurants ! Heaven. It's also a very pretty city. Compact, with cobbled streets and a large Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jun 20, 2013
- Goodbye Europe!It is officially my last day in Europe, which is bittersweet. I'm excited to see my next region, but sad to be saying goodbye to another beautiful place. The last stop in Europe was spent on a 3 day trip Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 9, 2013
- To Namur via Fumay, Givet and Dinant
So we set off from our bnb in Girondelle, France at about half nine this morning, it was very misty and cold, around three degrees for most of the morning. The owner kindly let us put the Posted by XJR1300 in MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE TOUR - Part 2 | May 24, 2013
- On the TrainBy: A
We made it to Brussels, and I'm glad to be off the plane. But once we got off of the plane, we had to wait in a line that seemed like it went on forever for them just Posted by KandA2TT in 2013 Summer Vacation | May 24, 2013
- Last Day in BelgiumWe parted from our perfect Belgian cottage today and headed off to yet another new country: the Netherlands. Before we left Belgium, however, we stopped to visit Antwerp. Our plan was to walk around the town for awhile, as well Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 23, 2013