- Two Days, Three CountriesWith the tunnel delays, we arrived in France somewhat later in the day than anticipated. We hadn’t booked any accommodation for that night so we could get as far as we got and worry about the rest tomorrow.
I knew from Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Aug 1, 2015
- And this time: The Great Potato Masher SagaIs this a Great Potato Masher or a Great Story about a potato masher? A bit of both really. All will be revealed!
So, Emmy and I were in Amsterdam, staying with Bouke, one of our nephews, and his partner, Shaun. Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 27, 2015
- Weather karma and The Great Potato Masher SagaI see that my blogs are becoming more irregular. I do them when and as time permits and the spirit moves me.
I'm back in Belgium now with Myrtle and Roy (sister and bro-in-law), this time with my beloved. After having Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 26, 2015
- Last Day in Brugge Today we pretty much just shopped. This morning it was not nice out at all. About one mile into our run we had to turn back because it was thundering so much...huge gusts of wind, raining and in Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 25, 2015
- Brugge/Bruges/Bruge First, I don't know how to spell Brugge. Everywhere we look it is spelled different. Normally, the English verses native language spellings are clear to me. I guess I am getting lazy as a blogger...I am sure Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 24, 2015
- Brussels Today was another successful day. We are actually on the train returning home from our day trip to Brussels. Our day started with a run around Brugge. My hamstring was killing me and I feel like Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 23, 2015
- BrugesAfter a lovely run by the canal here, I quickly showered and we headed out to their farmer's market that is in the square on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I read about it online, so I wanted to check it Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 22, 2015
- Belgium! We had a long day and had to navigate four different train stations to get here. We asked for help before we left Haarlem, so we at least had the track numbers. We had two really tight transfers. Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 21, 2015
- Seeing Pink ElephantsWe were looking for pink elephants. That was the sole goal of today: to find the pink elephants. It was an all-day, dual-nation, multi-modes-of-transportation affair. And it was fun.
Melle is a small Belgian town with a brewery that brews the Posted by LaurendeMatt in italy, the croatian coast, and amsterdam | Jul 16, 2015
- Amsterdam to Belgium[img=http://phot Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jul 13, 2015
- A hot day in NivellesIt's hot here in Nivelles today - mid 30's? - so what did we do to keep cool?
But firstly, a video I forgot to upload from a week or so ago near Utrecht. Jeroen, Alma, Emmy, Jolanda and I pedalling Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 1, 2015
- BACK TO BRUSSELS & WAIT CONTINUES===Sunday 14th June 2015 (day forty-one)===
Dinant to Brussels
Included breakfast was help yourself coffee, tea, packet waffle and yoghurt. Not very exciting, but enough to get us started. We were able to leave our luggage wh Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Jun 30, 2015
- Day 11 or so: Utrecht to NivellesHey, Summer has arrived in its full glory: it's 30+ degrees outside with higher temps on the way. Wonderful!
At Myrtle (sister) and Roy's home we have a big patio and lush lawn area with tables, umbrellas and chairs. Ideal Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jun 30, 2015
- STILL IN BRUSSELS.===Thursday 11th June 2015 (day thirty-eight)===
Visited the local flea market today on our way to the centre for a ‘free’ (donation expected at the end) walking tour of Brussels. Lots of trash and treasure at the mark Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Jun 29, 2015
- A FALL IS NOT A HIT!
===Sunday 7th June 2015 (day thirty-four)===
Bruges to Aalter to Brussels
We woke to a beautiful day, never knowing it would turn to tragedy.
Again a fil Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Jun 26, 2015
- Country Two - Bye, Bye[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLn7AbUFno|Bye, bye Belgium]].
Time to leave Belgium
I made a bicycle tour around Leuven to look at what I liked.
I really like how people commute by bus, train, and bicycles
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/51 Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 26, 2015
- Country Two - Antwerp[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antwerp|Antwerp]] has a just slightly smaller population than Denver, Colorado.
But that is about all they have in common.
Antwerp has two train stations through which dozens of trains from all towns and cities in Belgium Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 25, 2015
- Brussels and LondonSo after a few quick days at home, changing clothes and sleeping in our own bed, and driving our real car... we headed off on the next stage of our Spring Break... a train to Brussels.
Brussels was gorgeous. We stayed Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 22, 2015
- Road Trip (Part 2)OK - so it's no secret... I'm catching up on blog posts now that school's out for the summer holidays... I had done the first part of this trip, with Mum and Dad in the family truckster... so now here Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 22, 2015
- Country Two - MechelenI was told Mechelen was an interesting town just one half hour by train. I decided to pop up there late one afternoon for a stroll and dinner.
[im Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 22, 2015
- Country Two - To Market, To MarketThe first time I saw a town market was in The Netherlands in 2002.
I was amazed and thought it was a rarity. I watched a middle-aged vendor spread his fingers through rayon panties for his old lady customer to inspect Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 21, 2015
- Country Two - BelgiumI am house and cat sitting in a 1930s-era home in [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kessel-Lo|the little town of Kessel-Lo]].
Ten years ago, I v Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 19, 2015
- BrusselsWe got off the train from Bruges to Brussels in good time Monday morning. It was pretty rainy so we had a very wet but still nice walk to our hostel. My friend Noor, who I worked with at Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | Jun 17, 2015
- BrugesColby and I got to Bruges on Saturday morning after a pretty gruelling overnight train from Munich. Every time we take a form of overnight transport, we vow never to do so again, and this time was no different! Sometimes Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | Jun 17, 2015
- A Sure Sign to Know You Are in Europe[img= Posted by SB Hermitage in Shelley at the Hermitage | Jun 17, 2015