- Actun BabyI had been warned by several people that Belize City was not the most pleasant of places but I elected to spend a night there on my way to San Ignacio, a destination I had been recommended for a cave Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Dec 22, 2014
- Chicken Security, Bring Out The Backup Backup ChickenMy whistle-stop tour of Mexico was over and it was time to start my whistle-stop tour of Belize.
It began with a 'water taxi' from Chetumal to one of the islands off the Belizean coast, Ambergris Caye. The locals have appropriated Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Dec 16, 2014
- Turtles, Manatees and a well earned restAfter our gruelling six day hike in Guatemala we decided we had earned some R&R and definitely needed some blue waters in which to bathe our aching feet. : )
We headed to Caye Caulker. I Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Beach time
A ferry, a bus and two shuttles got us across the border and into Puerto Barrios. We had met some Canadians and a Swiss girl en route so hung out in a cheap hostel and enjoyed some great Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Researching diving scenes in Belize for a new thrillerI headed to Ambergris Caye in Belize to research scuba diving scenes for a new thriller and for a much-needed writing retreat. Pics and details to be posted shortly. Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | Apr 12, 2012
- Sun, sea and Cavemen![center][/center]
===Caye Caulker was the second place we visited on our travels and also one of the last. The laid back atmosphere of the island made it one of our favorite places to s Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Oct 8, 2014
- SNAPPERS AT WISH WILLY'SWe had a completely free day today meaning there were no planned or suggested activities on the schedule. We both keep really busy and enjoyed another great day.
As usual we were up bright and early and were out having breakfast Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 19, 2014
- HEY DUDE, IT'S ME CRUSHI am beyond exhausted after a wonderful day on the water.
After a really nice breakfast and a horrible coffee we came back to the room to get ready for our outing. Approaching our room, number 2, we encountered this little Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 19, 2014
- LIFE ON CAYE CAULKERHey Man. We have arrived at the very cool, very laid back island of Caye Caulker (pronounced Kay Cocker) and it is beautiful. The island is known for its Rastafarian culture with lots of hip hop and reggae music. Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 17, 2014
- BUTTS UP AND PANTY RIPPERS
We have had the most wonderful day with perfect weather. There were three options for the day Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 16, 2014
- Belize: Awesome Scuba Video! Underwater in BelizeSharks, Stingrays and Moray eels everywhere! We thought we would try something new since sometimes words and photos just aren't enough! Our scuba/snorkel experience in Belize was phenomenal- some of the best diving we've done to date was Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Feb 1, 2014
- Belize: Um. . . What the Heck is a Mennonite? So we didn’t have any reservations on arrival into Belize and hadn’t decided on jungle, beaches or ancient ruins. The weather was terrible— a rainy downpour with a blanket of humidity hugged us upon landing. The choice was easy Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jan 25, 2014
- Belize===Caye Caulker===
29th Mar to 2nd Apr: Our trip to Caye Caulker, Belize began when we had to catch an early morning bus. This was nothing new to us so we awoke at 3:45am to have an early breakfast of cereal Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Apr 22, 2014
- Hidden treasures in Benque Viejo[center][/center]
Over the border into Belize, we set up a base in San Ignacio. We didn't love it - although there were some nice places to eat (we'd recommend Ko-Ox Han Nah, already well Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Mar 30, 2014
- San Ignacio DaySorry we have not posted anything in the last two days but we have been either w/o an internet connection or it was so slow that we couldn't upload anything. We are currently in Antigua and will catch up to Posted by fredandgail in On the Road Again | Mar 8, 2014
- 2014 A1 CARNIVAL MAGIC - TEXAS, ROATAN, BELIZE & COZUMEL===ABOARD THE CARNIVAL MAGIC===
THE REASON I TOOK THIS CRUISE WAS THE ADVERTISED PRICE OF $509 US FOR SEVEN DAYS. EVEN WITH THE SINGLE SUPPLEMENT, TAXES, US CANADIAN DOLLAR EXCHANGE RATE & WHATNOT, IT STILL CAME TO LESS THAN 1OO Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 26, 2004
- Unbelizable Belize[float=right][/float]Belize it or not after 3 and half months on a way we are having kinda real honeymoon – nice beach front accommodation in Carrabin sea etc. We are actually even pick Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Jan 11, 2014
- BELIZE CITY, BELIZE
We stayed on and under the water today off the shores of the tiny country of Belize in Central America. (We grew up calling it “British Honduras”.) We tendered to la Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Dec 31, 2013
- Big Up BelizeAnd so it was that the next morning we boarded the ferry (if you can call it that?) which was reeking of petrol, put on our life jackets and set off. Within two minutes the pointlessness of the life vests Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Dec 19, 2013
- Return to Belize, and how we met the Guv'nor
Garifuna Settlement Day celebrates the day that the Garifuna people arrived by boat to settle in Belize, having been ex Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Dec 13, 2013
- Nicey nicey zoo zoo...Our first stop in Belize was Caye Caulker, which was a lot of fun, but we're not going to do a post on that quite yet - mostly because we're really behind on our blogging - we might go back Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Oct 25, 2013
- Caye CaulkerBelize was one place we had been really looking forward too. I mean it's in our blog name, we were always intending to visit, we weren't sure how much of, but we were going to make it there. When we Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | Sep 12, 2013
- Glovers Reef AtollOne month. No power. No running water.
Only fishing, kayaking, snorkeling, reading, card games, hammocks and each other.
It was awesome.
Posted by madpax in Ramble On... | Sep 6, 2013
- Adventures in BelizeStill trying to catch up with the blog as I am almost a month behind now, so I'll make a condensed one for a change with mainly pictures... :)
Caye Caulker was then the next destination, a small island located East Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Aug 9, 2013
- Backpacking Belize and Guatemala: 2013[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrhs1w1n1UE|Belize and Guatemala Backpacking Video]]
This was not only my first trip to Central America but my first backpacking trip. This trip was a huge breakthrough in my vision of travel as I have spend the past Posted by JerseyBoy88 in A. Perez Voyages | Aug 7, 2013