- Hidden treasures in Benque Viejo[center][/center]
Over the border into Belize, we set up a base in San Ignacio. We didn't love it - although there were some nice places to eat (we'd recommend Ko-Ox Han Nah, already well Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Mar 30, 2014
- San Ignacio DaySorry we have not posted anything in the last two days but we have been either w/o an internet connection or it was so slow that we couldn't upload anything. We are currently in Antigua and will catch up to Posted by fredandgail in On the Road Again | Mar 8, 2014
- 2014 A1 CARNIVAL MAGIC - TEXAS, ROATAN, BELIZE & COZUMEL===ABOARD THE CARNIVAL MAGIC===
THE REASON I TOOK THIS CRUISE WAS THE ADVERTISED PRICE OF $509 US FOR SEVEN DAYS. EVEN WITH THE SINGLE SUPPLEMENT, TAXES, US CANADIAN DOLLAR EXCHANGE RATE & WHATNOT, IT STILL CAME TO LESS THAN 1OO Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 26, 2004
- Unbelizable Belize[float=right][/float]Belize it or not after 3 and half months on a way we are having kinda real honeymoon – nice beach front accommodation in Carrabin sea etc. We are actually even pick Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Jan 11, 2014
- BELIZE CITY, BELIZE
We stayed on and under the water today off the shores of the tiny country of Belize in Central America. (We grew up calling it “British Honduras”.) We tendered to la Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Dec 31, 2013
- Big Up BelizeAnd so it was that the next morning we boarded the ferry (if you can call it that?) which was reeking of petrol, put on our life jackets and set off. Within two minutes the pointlessness of the life vests Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Dec 19, 2013
- Return to Belize, and how we met the Guv'nor
Garifuna Settlement Day celebrates the day that the Garifuna people arrived by boat to settle in Belize, having been ex Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Dec 13, 2013
- Nicey nicey zoo zoo...Our first stop in Belize was Caye Caulker, which was a lot of fun, but we're not going to do a post on that quite yet - mostly because we're really behind on our blogging - we might go back Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Oct 25, 2013
- Caye CaulkerBelize was one place we had been really looking forward too. I mean it's in our blog name, we were always intending to visit, we weren't sure how much of, but we were going to make it there. When we Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | Sep 12, 2013
- Glovers Reef AtollOne month. No power. No running water.
Only fishing, kayaking, snorkeling, reading, card games, hammocks and each other.
It was awesome.
Posted by madpax in Ramble On... | Sep 6, 2013
- Adventures in BelizeStill trying to catch up with the blog as I am almost a month behind now, so I'll make a condensed one for a change with mainly pictures... :)
Caye Caulker was then the next destination, a small island located East Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Aug 9, 2013
- Backpacking Belize and Guatemala: 2013[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrhs1w1n1UE|Belize and Guatemala Backpacking Video]]
This was not only my first trip to Central America but my first backpacking trip. This trip was a huge breakthrough in my vision of travel as I have spend the past Posted by JerseyBoy88 in A. Perez Voyages | Aug 7, 2013
- Adios Mexico, Hello Belize!Here we are, it has been so far more than a month and a half since I have set foot on the Mexican soil. I was originally only planning to spend a few weeks in this amazing country but there Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Aug 3, 2013
- Jungle lodge Now when you find paradise it's pretty difficult to leave, but the rain came and leave we must, fond farewells were had to the people who had made out time there so amazing and also have wicked names; wish willy, Posted by sp8j in Central America | Jul 21, 2013
- Beautiful BelizeToday I go over the boarder to Belize! It begins with a 5 am start and sweaty walk to the bus stop. Here I have my first experience of a chicken bus. Chicken buses are used throughout Central America and Posted by sp8j in Central America | Jul 18, 2013
- Caye Caulker, Go Slow Unless Chased By Mosquitos
'Silencio antes de nacer, silencio después de la muerte, la vida es puro ruido entre dos insondables silencios. - Isabel Allende'
10 months ago, we decided to take our f Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Jun 23, 2013
- San IgnacioWe left the island life and headed inland via Belize City, and Belmopan to San Ignacio.
This is a mountainous, jungle area, and very different from the Caribbean island experiences we had. The main population are the various Mayan tribes, Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Jun 14, 2013
- Caye CaulkerWe bussed across to the Mexican border and into Belize. Swapped from comfortable Mexican coaches to fun Belizian chicken busses, and continued on to Belize City.
From there we took a 1 hour boat ride to the island of Caye Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Jun 10, 2013
- Kristie's Blog
The trip kicked off with a great group of people excited to board our plane from Halifax to Newark. Upon arrival Posted by NSCC Intl in NSCC International | May 28, 2013
- Amy's Blog
After finally making it to Punta Gorda we were off at a fast pace as far as Belizean standards go! After arriving the pr Posted by NSCC Intl in NSCC International | May 28, 2013
- San Ignacio, BelizeFollowing the Mayan Route, we visited Xunantunich and the ActunTunichilMuknal (ATM) cave to get a little feel for the Mayans that lived here so long ago. Xunantunich is very accessible from San Ignacio, and has one of the largest castillos.We Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | May 24, 2013
- Tony's Blog
This trip has really been an eye-opening experience for me. I haven't had many opportunities to travel like this Posted by NSCC Intl in NSCC International | May 23, 2013
- Anne's Blog
As we drive to Hillside clinic each day we pass a tree called the flamboyant tree. It has beautiful orange-red b Posted by NSCC Intl in NSCC International | May 23, 2013
- Nicole P's Blog
As I sit on the balcony at the hotel in Punta Gorda around 8 pm I can listen to the children playing and Posted by NSCC Intl in NSCC International | May 21, 2013
- Kelly's Blog
We are beginning our second and last week in Punta Gorda, Belize. As any Canadian knows, the weather is always a top Posted by NSCC Intl in NSCC International | May 21, 2013