- On the road back to ParoFor some reason I find it difficult to sleep in. The expectation for the day ahead gets me up and going - I only wish I could bottle this and take a dose each day when I get home. Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream - 2 | Oct 23, 2016
- Punakha hikes and becoming a Bhutanese ladyWoke to a misty morning that turned into a fog surrounding our beautiful hotel. Enjoyed the best buffet breakfast to date, with a delicious chilli flavoured omelette made to order as well as the lightest apple muffins that just Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream - 2 | Oct 21, 2016
- BACK TO BHUTANDear ones everywhere,
Sorry it's been so long since my last blog---just having too much fun, I guess.
It is wonderful to be back here in the land of Gross National Happiness, verdant green mountains and the smells and bells of Buddhism.
Briefly, Posted by pebergman in FROM HYENAS TO DRAGONS | Oct 20, 2016
- Gangtey to Punakha - back on the Highway to HellThere was a cloud of mist covering the Phobjikha Valley this morning when we awoke. John got up early to walk back to the small stupa we passed on yesterday's hike, his aim was to photograph it as the Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream - 2 | Oct 20, 2016
- Gangtey Goemba hike and TshechuThe weather gods were kind to us again today. Started off a little cool in the morning but the sun was shining and we could not ask for a better day to hike from the floor of the Phobjikha Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream - 2 | Oct 19, 2016
- Shake, rattle and roll to GangteyWe had been warned about the state of the road to Gangtey but unfortunately, most of the warnings had been understated. They are currently in the process of upgrading the roads but there is much to do and progress Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream - 2 | Oct 18, 2016
- Trek to Tango Monastery The temperature felt a little cool to start today, but warmed considerably when the sun came out this morning. So far we have found Bhutan fascinating but today it shone with the addition of a little sunshine.
Heading north out Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream - 2 | Oct 17, 2016
- Happiness is a place called BHUTANShrouded amidst the backdrop of the majestic Himalayas, Bhutan feels like country preserved in a time warp. The culture, traditions and way of life are still a true reflection of past centuries even in the face of the relentless onslaught Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Oct 15, 2016
- Tshechu and Takins in ThimphuWoke to grey skies again today, not a good omen. We set off early to attend the Thimphu Tshechu and join the throngs of people pouring into the Thimphu Dzong arena. It was standing room only as we Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream - 2 | Oct 14, 2016
- THIMPHUThe drive from Paro to Thimphu is filled with fantastic mountain scenery broken by scenes of rice terraces, soaring mountains covered by pine forests and the mighty Thimphu Chhu flowing along the route.
The sight of the city centre which is Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Oct 9, 2016
- Landing on a wing and a prayer in BhutanWe had an early start again today to check in for our flight to Paro in Bhutan. Being the eager travellers we are, we arrived at the airport three hours before our flight, only to find that the Druk Posted by jack_and_daisy in Living the Dream - 2 | Oct 13, 2016
- ShakyamuniBuddha Dordenma Statue
This massive statue of Shakyamuni measures in at a height of 51.5 meters, making it one of the largest statues of Buddha in the world. The statue is made of bronze and is gilded in gold. 125,000 smaller Posted by sang chuk in Statue of Shakyamuni | Aug 17, 2016
- Kristöf visits BhutanThe country that values happiness more than gross domestic product (GDP), Bhutan is keen on delivering happy experiences to its travellers and natives alike. Though many people claim that this present day Shangri-La is way beyond the times, I feel Posted by kristoff_travel in Kristoff's Story | Jul 24, 2016
- Paro photos
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/320293/90_IMG_5860.jp Posted by j0ne5y in Bhut-legging with Jonesy | Nov 7, 2015
- ParoAfter my first few days in Bhutan, I feel like this is a land where time stands still.
After the thrill of the flight into Paro which is by far the most spectacular landing approach I have experienced (for those Posted by j0ne5y in Bhut-legging with Jonesy | Nov 7, 2015
- A Mountain Top Birthday Celebration in Bhutan
© The Wind Riders. All rights reserved.
Kuzoozangpo La - Greetings!
Have you ever been to Bhutan, Land of the Thunder Dragon, otherwise known as the country which invented the [[htt Posted by The Wind Riders in The Wind Riders | Nov 5, 2015
- Bhutan, October 2015Bhutan. October 25th – November 1st 2015.
Having spent an afternoon and evening enjoying the delights of Singapore (great Chinese food from Sichuan Province, a relaxing wander through the Gardens on the Bay, a visit to the space age type Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Nov 2, 2015
At the top of any Bhutan bucketlist would have to be a visit to, or at least a viewing of, Taktshang Monastery – the cliffside Tiger’s Nest not far from Paro. I think I’d Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Sep 29, 2015
In Bhutan, each region has its own annual festival, tied in with the lunar calendar. My trip to Bhutan was designed to have a couple of days at the country’s largest – th Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Sep 28, 2015
- ROAD TRIP (part 2)
The next morning (Day 3) the sun is shining. Whereas yesterday this valley felt neg Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | Apr 29, 2015
- ROAD TRIP (April 17-21)Over breakfast we lament the cloudy weather - today we start our road trip and we are hoping for clear sky views from Dochula Pass (3150 M). By the time we are packed and ready to go the sun is Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | Apr 28, 2015
- A DAY IN TIMPHUIt is hard to imagine how we will do everything on our itinerary today - but if anyone can make this plan come together it is our guide, Tshering!
Stop # 1. National Memorial Chorten (Stupa for 3rd King, Wangchuck, 1928-1972, Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | Apr 28, 2015
- TREKKING We wake up knowing that we have a 10 am start. Today is the first of our 5 days & 4 nights on the Druk trek. The Druk route may be the most popular because of its proximity to Paro, Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | Apr 28, 2015
- TECHNOLOGY FRUSTRATIONSI just wanted to let everyone know that I had hoped to share photos that would have brought yesterday's post more to life. I was able to add photos / videos previously - not sure why I can't right now Posted by karenverveda in Sabbatical 2015 | Apr 19, 2015
- Bhutan - Teil 2Bevor wir uns auf die epische Reise zurück in den Westen nach Paro aufmachten, besuchten wir einen der wichtigsten Tempel Bhutans. Chimi Lakhang ist der Fruchtbarkeitstempel. Frauen, die schwanger werden möchten, kommen hierher, um von einem Mönch mit ein Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | Jan 31, 2015