- Death Road, Lake Titicaca and The PampasAfter piling into one of the mini-vans that transport people around La Paz – with all of our luggage to much huffing and puffing and one Hail Mary – we arrived at the bus stand to take us to Copacabana Posted by neerg_08 in Three Amigas in South America | Jan 2, 2014
- A little jaunt on a bike on my birthdayOn the day of the ride, I had to get up at 6.30am to get to the start point of the tour. The hotel staff were kind enough to fix me up with a small breakfast. The meeting point was Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jul 17, 2014
- World Cup Final day
Aftelr the adventure of the bike ride (more details to follow in another entry hopefully) , I had a wonderful night's sleep and felt nice and fresh the next day. Had to change hotels to be more central and walked Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jul 15, 2014
- La Paz - highest capital city in the worldHaving been on far too many aeroplanes and wanting to be a real traveler, I caught a bus from Cochabamba to La Paz. Also I thought it would help me acclimatimise to high altitude. The scenery at first as we Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jul 13, 2014
- FOOD, Part 2Before travelling worldwide, I never paid much attention to food. I'm a college student. Therefore, I've never given much thought to foods that exist beyond the spectrum of sandwich or cereal.
But what traveling has done for me, is give Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jul 10, 2014
- In CochabambaYesterday I flew from Santa Cruz to Cochabamba. My flight was delayed but even though I landed 40 minutes before the start of the first semi-final, I still managed to collect my bags, jump into a cab, check in Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jul 9, 2014
- Bolivia - a change of paceI feel like I have gone from living life at 100mph to 5mph. My first stop in Bolivia was Santa Cruz de LA Sierra. It was raining heavily when I arrived. At least my taxi driver took me straight to Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jul 8, 2014
- Travel gadgets & gifts from friendsGood morning everyone,
on this Sunday I'd like to show (off) a couple of helpful things I've been given along the way from fellow travellers:
# 1 The Bottle Clip
From Darby ( Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jul 6, 2014
- BYOT (Bring your own toiletpaper)Guys, I just came back from the moon!! And as Maria already put it so nicely on fb, it was the coldest trip of my life! I'm so glad I did it, because after hearing all the horrible stories Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jul 5, 2014
- Lake Titicaca and The Death Road[center]Bolivia is home to a well-known lake with the funniest name ever. [/center]
[center]LAKE TITICACA [/center]
[center]Haha, lolz. Right?[/center]
I'm not Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jun 29, 2014
- Sunday post from La Paz/BoliviaIt's Sunday again!
First of all thanks for the positive feedback on my blog from all of you, it really is very encouraging and I love updating it!
So, how am I feeling? I'm definitely getting more and more used to Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jun 29, 2014
- The Devil's MinersIn southwestern Bolivia, 13,420 feet [4,090 m] above sea level, there exists a city called Potosí. It was once considered the largest and wealthiest city of the Americas back in 1600. Funny, because no one knows about it today.
[center][img=http://pho Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jun 27, 2014
- Sucre, Bolivia: A whistle stop tour of 'The White City'Friday 4th April - Sunday 6th April 2014
We hadn't envisaged being resuced at such speed from Uyuni so of course we had nowhere booked to stay. I had been in email contact with a hostel, [[http://dolcevitasucre.com/en/temoignages.php|La Dolce Vi Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Jun 25, 2014
- Uyuni, Bolivia: StrandedWednesday 2nd April - Friday 4th April 2014
We got dropped off from the salt flats tour in Uyuni. What we expected to be a city was in fact a town. A town with very little in it. That's one of Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | Jun 17, 2014
- Salar de Uyuni, Part 2As previously stated, Salar de Uyuni is a majestic place. It's out of this world and there's no other place like it. The best part is that for a cheap South American price, you can spend days touring around while Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jun 16, 2014
- Salar de Uyuni, Part 1[center]Interestingly enough, one of the most unknown and least-visited attractions in the world is probably also the coolest. [/center]
[center]Situated in the southwest corner of Bolivia is the the world's largest, and most mesmerizing salt flat, kno Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jun 3, 2014
- Oruro-La PazOruro-La Paz
A peu près 1h avant d’arriver a destination, le bus semble avoir des problèmes mécaniques et n’avance plus que très lentement… Un peu avant l’aéroport, (soit environ ½ h avant d’arriver au terminus) le bus s’immobilise au Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jun 2, 2014
- Dernier passage par la Bolivie...Le jour suivant, au petit matin nous sautons dans un taxi qui nous amène à la gare routière ou nous prenons un bus direction Villazon, à la frontière avec la Bolivie. Déjà avant la frontière, les paysages changent. D’après Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jun 2, 2014
Partis de Puno (au Pérou), nous optons pour la route de Yunguyo, considérée comme la route la plus facile et la plus sure pour passer en Bolivie. Notre passage s’effectue à Kasani, et quelques 8 Km plus tard nous arrivons Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jun 1, 2014
- Salar de Uyuni, BoliviaLetting the photos speak for themselves...
Celebrating Amanda`s birthday lunch in the middle of the Salt Flats. Another surprise bir Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | May 23, 2014
- BoliviaOur original plan was to go through South America all by buses. We also planned save at least 1 month for Bolivia as we thought it’s less discovered Peru with beautiful mountains, famous salt flats and for sure some more Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | May 23, 2014
- Highest lake in the worldAfter quite an interesting trip, involving the bus and us being ferried across the lake separately, we arrived at Copacabana on Lake Titicaca.
Copa itself wasn't anything flash b Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | May 20, 2014
- The Palacio de Sal, Uyuni, BoliviaArriving in Uyuni, on the edge of the Bolivian Salt Flats (Salar de Uyuni (or Salar de Tunupa), the world's largest salt flat at 10,582 square kilometers)
The Palacio de Sal
[[http://www.pal Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | May 17, 2014
- Goodbye Peru, hello Bolivia
We watched as all our precious belongings were sent on a separate, rather old looking, barge across the water
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | May 17, 2014
- Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia: 3 epic days to the Salt FlatsWe got picked up first the next morning and on time by a lovely local man who didn't speak a word of English and came to some mad conclusion that I was fluent in Spanish. I became his confident, he Posted by DeeandZarius in Dee and Zarius do South America | May 9, 2014