- Bolivia 2014[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/446651/CDC4F550 Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Apr 9, 2014
- First taste of BoliviaWe arrived in Uyuni on board our smelly bus (no one even tucked us in….there weren’t even ANY BLANKETS ON BOARD!) and were followed by a strange Canadian girl who had latched onto our trio and found a hostel…$5 night Posted by neerg_08 in Three Amigas in South America | Apr 8, 2014
- The land of death in Bolivia, Part 2Did you know that by mentioning the word "naked" in my previous blog post title, the view count shot up by more than 1500% compared to the entry before that one? Maybe I should do that more for some sensational Posted by btang in Blitzing Around the World | Mar 28, 2014
- I thought we were on Mars
Uyuni itself wasn't the most inspiring little town, but as the access point to Sajama National Park and Salar de Uyuni, it was everything we needed. We arrived in the morning and ran arou Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Mar 10, 2014
- La Paz
We arrived in Bolivia, ready for some relaxation and at over 3500m above sea level, we needed to take it easy for a few days to get used to the altitude. We spent our first 4 days in La Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Mar 10, 2014
- La Paz, Lake Titicaca and CuzcoDay 57
La Paz Bolivia
Arrival in La Paz was one of the easiest of anywhere we have been.We were on a smaller plane and walked off onto the Tarmac and into the baggage claim area. Our bags arrived in Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Mar 2, 2014
- BoliviaDay 49
We arranged a cab to pick us up at our hotel in Purmamarca and the driver took us to Tilcara which was the next town where the bus station was. The station was just an area where the bus Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Feb 24, 2014
We caught the overnight bus (12hours) from Cusco to Copacabana. We've been lucky so far, however on this particular ride we had a baby who cried all the way. To make it worse mum kept walking bub up and down Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Feb 22, 2014
- 76. ve 77. Gunler Copacabana ve Isla del Sol
Vucudum biraz guc toplayinca, Brezilya'daki isim benzeri gibi guzel ve sicak olacagini hayal ettigimiz Copacabana'ya dogru yola cikiyoruz.
Burasi dunyanin en yuksek rakimli gollerinden biri olan Titicaca'nin Bolivya ile Peru topraklarinin kesistigi nok Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 15, 2014
- 73-75. Gunler Elemtere Fis Kem Gozlere Sis! La Paz sokaklarini bu sefer onumuzde rehber arsinlamaya karar veriyoruz... Icimize korku dustu ya, lokantanin birinde gordugumuz "kirmizi sapka: once gez sonra diledigin bahsisi ver" turuna kati Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 14, 2014
- 71 ve 72. Gunler La Paz Sokaklari
Bolivya'nin baskenti La Paz'a vardigimizda bitik haldeydik. Yolculugun ilk 8 saati - yol olmayan bir yolda- gecti. Soyleki gece karanliginda sofor yagmurdan camur olmus yoldan bata cika ilerliyor, sonra birden geri vitese takip baska bir yoldan devam ed Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 13, 2014
- 70. Gun Uyuni'de Birgun Insan daglari colleri asinca koy-kent-kasaba hayatina yabancilasiyor, tekrardan uyum saglamasi gerekiyor.
Uyuni bir gecis noktasi. Bolivyalilara gore buyuk bir kent, bizim icin Tuz duzluklerin Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 12, 2014
- Day 69 Poor Man's Dakar - Special Stage #3
Slightly hungover, we hit the breakfast and then the road.
It had rained heavily all night, so the "roads" are muddy and slippery, it shows, as we see a bunch of trucks and cars flipped over, on the side of the Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 9, 2014
- Day 68 Poor Man's Dakar - Special Stage #2
After a hearty breakfast, we get back on the road.
Our first stop is "Stone Tree", a collection of rocks sitting around the desert, that make a great setting for all sorts of photos. By now, Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 8, 2014
- Day 67 Poor Man's Dakar - Special Stage #1
Read so much about it, heard so much about it, and it is finally the day for The Poor Man's Dakar, a 3 day jeep trip in to Bolivia, thru the desert, the pampa, the mountains and everything in Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 7, 2014
- The land of death in Bolivia, Part 1So.. where did I leave off? Ahh yes, getting stranded alone at a border crossing because your American passport requires you to pay $125 reciprocity visa fee and submit bunch of other paperwork while people from other countries just need Posted by btang in Blitzing Around the World | Feb 4, 2014
- Amazon Jungle Our next stop was the Amazon, and a complete change of scenery from La Paz.
We had a flight to Rurrenabaque, in a tiny plane which had around 20 passengers. There was aboslutely no safety briefing before the plane took off Posted by Dave and P in Our South American Adventure | Jan 29, 2014
- Tupiza to Uyuni Jeep tourWe booked a 4 day and 3 night jeep tour from Tupiza to Uyuni to take us through Southern Bolivia and ending with the spectacular salt flats.
On the first day we met up with the rest of the Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 28, 2014
- PotosiPotosi is the highest city in the world so we made sure to wrap up warm here. I took a tour of the mines whilst Jimmy went shoe shopping and to get a haircut (genuinely).
First we went to the m Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 27, 2014
- SucreAnother Unesco heritage site, not quite up there with Cuenca or Paraty in our opinion but a nice place to spend the day. Arter a hair raising bus journey we arrived at 4:30am and having booked a hostel without 24 Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 27, 2014
- CochabambaCochabamba is a nice little town known in Bolivia for its standard of food so here we decided to mostly eat and walk around a little. Our first meal was a set lunch menu and we had a salad, followed Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 27, 2014
- Bolivian Children's HomeThis happened at a Bolivian Children's Home where I volunteered for 2 months. I was playing badminton, using a big red rubber ball instead of a [[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Koogan_badminton_feather_shuttlecock_01.JPG|shuttlecock]], Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jan 13, 2014
- La Paz to Coroico via Death RoadLa Paz is the highest capital city in the world and they fill their fin air with a ton of pollution. We spent our first day wandering the busy streets and visiting San Pedro Prison (from the outside) made famous Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 11, 2014
- Copacabana and Isla del Sol Our first stop in Bolivia was Copacabana on the other side of Lake Titicaca to Puno. This is a small village on the shores of the lake only ten minutes from the boarder.
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 11, 2014
- Day 11 Wed.8th JanLa Paz (3636 m) is situated in a valley atop the Bolivian plateau. Many of the women wear traditional dress including bowler hats which they got the idea from the British. We had a private tour during the morning which Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 8, 2014