- Bolivia==Itinerary and Introduction==
We departed Asuncion, Paraguay and flew to Santa Cruz de la Sierra (or Santa Cruz for short) in Bolivia. We will spend the next 13 days in Bolivia.
Posted by janejoe in Paraguay and Bolivia | Nov 18, 2016
- November 15, 2016This is our last full day in Bolivia and I thought it would be an appropriate time to reflect on some of my impressions of this South American country.
Diversity. Bolivia is a country with large cities, small towns and beautiful Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 14, 2016
- November 12, 2016It has been quite a week! When we booked our trip we did not realize that we would be in a remote area of the Bolivian salt flats during one of the most interesting elections in American history. On Tuesday, Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 11, 2016
- Uyuni & Salt Flats Despite being a long ride, the bus to Uyuni wasn't too bad. I had a comfy seat and lots of time to rest, blog, journal and listen to music. The only issue was that I only brought a couple snacks Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 10, 2016
- SucreThe bus to Sucre was what I would describe as moderately restful. I managed to sleep a few hours at a time when the bus was moving but I would wake up every time we had a random stop on Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 10, 2016
- Copacabana & La PazJournal to La Paz
Bolivia hop was the greatest choice in tourist transportation that I've made so far. So convenient and helpful for tourists. Especially in this leg for crossing the border. Plus they picked me up right at the hostel. Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 10, 2016
- November 6, 2016We are leaving La Paz in a few hours for a very long journey to Uyuni. The trip includes taking a four hour bus ride on a public bus and then a six hour train ride.
Yesterday we took a guided Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 6, 2016
- November 4, 2016We arrived in La Paz after a very long day of travel. Our guide is very organized and had us meet at 7:00 to catch a small bus to the main bus depot. However, his plans went awry because the Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 5, 2016
- Salar de Uyuni part dos & leaving BoliviaDay 2 of the trip was another jam packed and brilliantly beautiful day. Our first stop was the rock soldiers, Soldado de Rock, which are really interesting rock formations in the midst of surrounding volcanoes. Likely volcanic rock formations from Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 2, 2016
- Salar de UyuniAfter 3 days in the salt flats and surrounding desert landscapes I'm positively bursting with stories and amazing photos. I've never had a harder time deciding what to Instagram. Which may sound ridiculous but is 120% true. It felt like Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Oct 27, 2016
- Full CircleBack again in my beloved Samaipata. This time was very different, as we were staying in town, with running water, electricty, and proper beds! Luxury compared to my last visit. Whether deep in the jungly valley, or up in the Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Oct 18, 2016
- Sucre is pretty darn sweet! After so many weeks of moving around so quickly and not feeling well with elevation, I decided to spend 4 solid days in Sucre, a beautiful, warm, lower elevation city. Best choice I could have made! I spent my first Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Oct 17, 2016
- Beginning Bolivia in Copacabana and La PazAfter an awesome ride from Puno to Copacabana with Bolivia Hop for an easy border crossing, I found myself in the third country of the trip. Left my stuff at my hostel and took the boat to Isla del Sol. Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Oct 14, 2016
- JunglingTrinidad is hot. That was my first, and is my lasting, impression. After months of somewhat chilly temperatures, I was happy to be back in tropical climes. Hello frizzy hair, sweaty face, and most importantly, ice cream.
Wandering into town Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Oct 11, 2016
- Jes-U-Wot?!After a couple of days recovering in Sucre, I made a decision and jumped on my next night bus; destination: Santa Cruz de la Sierra. With zero plans (surprise, surprise!) or knowledge of the city, I was pleased when I Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Sep 20, 2016
- Will the Real Capital City of Bolivia Please Stand Up?Arriving in Sucre to a hostel I had looked up, I had to grit my teeth somewhat when Chilean clinger jumped out to join me. Thankfully, the only beds available were in separate dorms, so that put an end to Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Sep 11, 2016
- Patience in PotosiFun fact!
Potosi is the highest city in the world at 4100m!
And my goodness, that is high. It is built up a mountain, which turns your average gentle-stroll-around-town into a literal breath-taking uphill climb. I had heard dubious re Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Sep 11, 2016
- Salt, Snow, oh and some more SaltThis bus delivered me to the town of Uyuni, at the delightful hour of 5am. We were kept on board until 6am, presumably so we could get our prescribed eight hours! All early arrivees were rounded up and herded into Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Sep 11, 2016
- Bolivia 2014[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/446651/CDC4F550 Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Sep 4, 2016
- BeginningsA new month, an almost new me. Forcing myself to be active in the face of my depression had seen me suddenly making time for tourist activities in La Paz. I took the free walking city tour, which was incredibly Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Sep 1, 2016
- Black Dog; part twoWhen my black dog lifts his head
And looks me in the eye
I know I'll lose myself for a while
Forget to look up at the sky
Like a thief in the night he comes
To steal away my joy
To wreak havoc amongst my Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Sep 1, 2016
- Black DogI debated for a while whether I should write this, or just skip a few days in my story telling. But, if this is to be a real account of my travels (which it is) then I want to include Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Sep 1, 2016
- An Unfortunate Series of EventsSo my planned departure did not go quite as according to plan. As you may have heard, I had a bit of a disastrous last few days in La Paz, which somewhat delayed my leaving. I had a couple of Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Aug 11, 2016
- Chapter 8: Bolivia to Chile La Paz to Sucre, 12 hours, and another overnighter on a bus. The main thing I remember about the journey was falling asleep listening to Bowie, who I then dreamed was showing me round some kind of enormous mansion he Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | Aug 8, 2016
- A Change of Perspective..Images of BolivaBolivia was a country that I didn't expect to enjoy but ended up loving our time there. It may seem silly but they left us alone, we weren't approached and offered special tourist deals at every turn instead we were Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Aug 7, 2016