- Revisiting Past Journeys and Goodbye to Driving.Jen visited Mostar and Sarajevo five years ago. She wanted to revisit these two places, which she holds very special, and show me around.
Mostar is a tiny town but hugely significant Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 8, 2016
- Bosnian Bonus: Does this count as "visiting" the country?
Bosnia owns a nine kilometer stretch of the gorgeous Dalmatian coastline
So what counts as to "seeing a country?" You could Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Apr 4, 2016
- Sarajevo, Bosnia
[b]Some parting thoughts
* The vast majority (easily 80%) of refugees are single young men and large numbers of them were Afghans.
* Nearly all I spoke with said they would not Posted by Coulter Adams in The Syrian Exodus | Nov 1, 2015
I'm in Mostar, Bosnia. Known to the world for the destruction to it's iconic footbridge in the Bosnian war of '92-'95.
I'm here awaiting an update from the aid organization that Posted by Coulter Adams in The Syrian Exodus | Oct 18, 2015
- Mostar, Bosnia===05 October 2015===
Mostar is a place that we really wanted to see - it's a little off the beaten track but worth the trek. It was about a two hour drive from Trogir. We had good roads (mostly Posted by pjburke in It's the Journey....not the Destination | Oct 18, 2015
- Bosnia & Herzegovina - a lesson in warMostar
After travelling through Croatia Ruth and I were not entirely sure about what we wanted to experience next. Luckily a good friend of Ruth's, Mel, was there to offer some adv Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Sep 4, 2015
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Culture and History AdventuresWe left Croatia and headed to Bosnia-Herzegovina, another country rife with a recent history of violence.
We started in Mostar. It's a beautiful city split into two sides Posted by colin.cushman in Madi and Colin's Post-Grad Adventure | Jul 15, 2015
- Day 11: Bosnia and Split, CroatiaNot a super exciting day like yesterday was, so this will probably end up being fairly short. We left Dubrovnik in the morning, after many complaints and calls to stay, and drove into Bosnia.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/749975/large_IMG_4219 Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | May 28, 2015
- Bosnia: Mostar and Blagaj
===Once we got back to the mainland from Hvar, our main focus was getting into Bosnia and I still wasn't sure taking the rental car was the best course of action. I was worried about being Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 31, 2015
- Heartbreaking Sarajevo.[b]After two days in Mostar we travelled north by bus to Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the scene of the world's most famous assassination, and the longest siege in modern history.
[center][map=684553 lat=43.51315276285086 lon=19. Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 23, 2014
- Onward into Bosnia and Herzegovina [b]A trip to the Balkans wouldn't be complete without venturing into the culturally diverse and geographically spectacular nation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
This cou Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 21, 2014
- SARAJEVO, BOSNIA
This is published out of sequence as we were in Croatia from Monday to Thursday morning then left for Bosnia and we are now back in Croatia.
We left Zadar to S Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Sep 19, 2014
- AdventureHello fellow travellers!
My name is Ilinca, I’m 24 years old and I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
Please let me tell you about one of the best trips I have ever been on; it involves rafting, canyoning, fun, adrenaline, incredible landscapes and Posted by ilinka in Tara River Rafting | Sep 17, 2014
- Bosnia and HerzegovinaOur first stop after leaving Croatia was the town of Mostar in Herzegovina. This town holds the bridge ‘Stari Most’ which has become particularly famous for Australians since Hamish and Andy jumped off it in their European ‘gap year’ adventures. Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 12, 2014
- World News Has New Meaning When Traveling[i]I started a draft of this blog in Peru almost eight months ago and never finished it. As you will see, I periodically tried to work on it and it kept changing course...the blog topic as well as my travel Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Nov 13, 2013
- Mostar[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Bosnia%20And%20Herzegovina/|Photos of Bosnia]]
Beautiful, historic and tragic Mostar is easily the most fascinating town I visited in the Balkans. Mostar is the third largest city i Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Oct 13, 2013
- Sarajevo[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Bosnia%20And%20Herzegovina/|Photos of Sarajevo]]
Readers surely agree that the previous blog entry I wrote was a rather lacklustre effort. I wish to ensure that future generations c Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Oct 10, 2013
- The WarWhen I first started my blog, this was the entry I couldn't wait to write. The entry where I thought I would have a million things to say. I thought I'd be able to break down this insanely complex series Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Aug 9, 2013
- Stunned Silence in Sarajevo==You are my Witness - Srebrenica 11.07.1995==
===Warning: the content of this blog may be distressing for some===
===A night out in the old town we had Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 6, 2013
- Historical Reality Check in Mostar=="Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind." - JFK==
===We arrived in Bosnia and decided to delve straight into Eastern Europe's lo Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 6, 2013
- Mostar Bosnia-Hertzegovina
Our plan today was to take a bus to Mostar and take a tour of the town with a local guide, Alma.
[[https://www.google.com/search?q=mostar&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=WeWWU Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Jul 26, 2013
- HopeHope and optimism are two things that I had never paid much thought to in my life. I mean I would consider myself a pretty hopeful or optimistic person. I'm always optimistic about what my future will hold, I shoot Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jul 25, 2013
- Europe, Summer 201314th July
Leaving Dubrovnik behind we departed by bus en route to Bosnia & Herzegovina. Bizarrely we passed through border control on 3 occasions and weren’t entirely sure we were in Bosnia until we arrived at our destination – Mostar. Originally Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Jul 22, 2013
- Travel to Find Yourself?I've been thinking lately about this idea of traveling to find yourself. As I looked through other travelers' blogs whose blogs had also been pulled as features (fun fact, Traveler's Point apparently liked my blog so it is one of Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jul 21, 2013
- Too Busy for Bosnia?For those of you that know me, you know I have a tendency to take on a lot of things. 18 credits, two honors reading groups, two campus jobs, four extra-curriculars, and a fellowship application or two, that's Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jul 18, 2013