- Heartbreaking Sarajevo.[b]After two days in Mostar we travelled north by bus to Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the scene of the world's most famous assassination, and the longest siege in modern history.
[center][map=684553 lat=43.51315276285086 lon=19. Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 23, 2014
- Onward into Bosnia and Herzegovina [b]A trip to the Balkans wouldn't be complete without venturing into the culturally diverse and geographically spectacular nation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
This cou Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 21, 2014
- SARAJEVO, BOSNIA
This is published out of sequence as we were in Croatia from Monday to Thursday morning then left for Bosnia and we are now back in Croatia.
We left Zadar to S Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Sep 19, 2014
- AdventureHello fellow travellers!
My name is Ilinca, I’m 24 years old and I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
Please let me tell you about one of the best trips I have ever been on; it involves rafting, canyoning, fun, adrenaline, incredible landscapes and Posted by ilinka in Tara River Rafting | Sep 17, 2014
- Bosnia and HerzegovinaOur first stop after leaving Croatia was the town of Mostar in Herzegovina. This town holds the bridge ‘Stari Most’ which has become particularly famous for Australians since Hamish and Andy jumped off it in their European ‘gap year’ adventures. Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 12, 2014
- World News Has New Meaning When Traveling[i]I started a draft of this blog in Peru almost eight months ago and never finished it. As you will see, I periodically tried to work on it and it kept changing course...the blog topic as well as my travel Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Nov 13, 2013
- Mostar[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Bosnia%20And%20Herzegovina/|Photos of Bosnia]]
Beautiful, historic and tragic Mostar is easily the most fascinating town I visited in the Balkans. Mostar is the third largest city i Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Oct 13, 2013
- Sarajevo[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Bosnia%20And%20Herzegovina/|Photos of Sarajevo]]
Readers surely agree that the previous blog entry I wrote was a rather lacklustre effort. I wish to ensure that future generations c Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Oct 10, 2013
- The WarWhen I first started my blog, this was the entry I couldn't wait to write. The entry where I thought I would have a million things to say. I thought I'd be able to break down this insanely complex series Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Aug 9, 2013
- Stunned Silence in Sarajevo==You are my Witness - Srebrenica 11.07.1995==
===Warning: the content of this blog may be distressing for some===
===A night out in the old town we had Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 6, 2013
- Historical Reality Check in Mostar=="Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind." - JFK==
===We arrived in Bosnia and decided to delve straight into Eastern Europe's lo Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 6, 2013
- Mostar Bosnia-Hertzegovina
Our plan today was to take a bus to Mostar and take a tour of the town with a local guide, Alma.
[[https://www.google.com/search?q=mostar&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=WeWWU Posted by get2will in Adriatic Travels | Jul 26, 2013
- HopeHope and optimism are two things that I had never paid much thought to in my life. I mean I would consider myself a pretty hopeful or optimistic person. I'm always optimistic about what my future will hold, I shoot Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jul 25, 2013
- Europe, Summer 201314th July
Leaving Dubrovnik behind we departed by bus en route to Bosnia & Herzegovina. Bizarrely we passed through border control on 3 occasions and weren’t entirely sure we were in Bosnia until we arrived at our destination – Mostar. Originally Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Jul 22, 2013
- Travel to Find Yourself?I've been thinking lately about this idea of traveling to find yourself. As I looked through other travelers' blogs whose blogs had also been pulled as features (fun fact, Traveler's Point apparently liked my blog so it is one of Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jul 21, 2013
- Too Busy for Bosnia?For those of you that know me, you know I have a tendency to take on a lot of things. 18 credits, two honors reading groups, two campus jobs, four extra-curriculars, and a fellowship application or two, that's Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jul 18, 2013
- The People One MeetsEver have one of those mornings where you wake up and you have to take a few seconds to ask yourself, did that really happen? And no, I am not referring to mornings where these questions are caused from the Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jul 13, 2013
- The Halfway MarkIt’s hard to believe but I’ve been on my Balkan adventure for just over five weeks and I have just over five weeks until I will be back in the United States. Some days the thought of leaving makes me Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jul 9, 2013
- Fourth of JulyHappy 4th of July from Sarajevo! Or at least I feel like that's what I should be saying. To be honest, it doesn’t feel like much of a holiday as I sit here at work. Although I did wear blue Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jul 4, 2013
- Falling in LoveIt's finally happened. While friends, classmates, and even my advisor (got to love how CSB/SJU fosters an environment where we become close enough with profs for them to give us dating advice) have joked about the fact that I will Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jul 1, 2013
- Sounds and Smells of SarajevoThis is probably going to be a weird entry to translate from the thoughts in my heads to this actual post. So I give you forewarning now as a reader, that it is likely to be a lot of babbling Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jun 20, 2013
- Old TownWhile I have only been in Sarajevo about two weeks, I think I have already found my favorite place in the city. In case you couldn’t tell from the title of this post, it’s called Old Town and it’s awesome. Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jun 16, 2013
- Mostar (Bosnia-Herzegovina)
• With a combination of church bells, calls to prayer and early sunrise it is hard to sleep very late
• Sherrie has really become the master of the small shower
• She sucks in to maintain a sardine position
• She then slithers slowly into the Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2012 | Jun 14, 2013
- Dubrovnik (Croatia) to Mostar (Bosnia-Herzegovina)
• Everyone awakes feeling a bit of excitement in the air
• We are driving to Bosnia - yes Bosnia - the place you hear of in the news - not a place you ever thought of actually going to
• Thoughts in our heads:
• Will Posted by sherrietravels in International Traveling Book Club 2012 | Jun 14, 2013
- Call to PrayerSo I basically grew up in Wonder Bread Land (seriously, I did, I even wrote my college admission essays about it). While I had a wonderful childhood and my parents did a lot to expose me to a variety of Posted by remullin in Rabbit Goes to Europe | Jun 13, 2013