- March 28 - MANAUS, BRAZIL (Day 2)
We are tied up at a floating dock within view of the bridge over the Rio Negre.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/E239B234FA6B8717E679F8E36DB2F1 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 28, 2017
- Chapter 11-Brazil 2 - The Amazon, Deforestation, & Climate I reckon that, if you want to get a real perspective on a country or continent, then it is best to travel by land. This is absolutely true when considering the mighty Amazon and the Amazon basin.
The statistics Posted by capetocape2017 in Cape to Cape 2017. By Land. Mostly | Mar 27, 2017
- March 27 - MANAUS, BRAZIL (Day 1)
We've sailed 1000 miles up the Amazon river. It flows through the region of Amazonia, which is about two thirds the size of the continental United States.
[img=ht Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 27, 2017
- March 26 - PARINTINS, BRAZIL
Welcome to the Amazon, where moths are REALLY big..
...and travel is by ri Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 26, 2017
- March 25 - ALTER DO CHÃO, BRAZIL
Come ashore! We are at our first stop on the Amazon River and we have crossed and re-crossed the Equator and presently we are still south of the Equator.
[img=htt Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 25, 2017
- March 22 - FORTALEZA, BRAZIL
As we make our early morning arrival rain clouds are hanging over the sea. The weather on this whole cruise has been practically perfect, so what’s a little rain?
Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 22, 2017
- March 20 - RECIFE, BRAZIL
Recife is a huge city with over a million inhabitants and history dating back to the 1500’s. While there is much to see in the big city, we elected to tour nearby colo Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 20, 2017
- March 17-18 SALVADOR DA BAHIA, BRAZIL
A new mural welcomes visitors to the port and to the “lower town” of this city built on two levels. It is a city of 2, 675,000 people, 80% of whom are the descendants Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 19, 2017
- CRYSTAL WORLD CRUISE GAMES OPENING CEREMONY
The 2017 World Cruise Games have begun! Over the next few weeks Crystal guests will be competing in events ranging from swimming laps to table tennis!
[img=http:/ Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 18, 2017
- March 14 - RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL (Day 2)
Segment 5, "Amazon Expedition", begins today - our 2nd day in Rio de Janeiro.
Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 14, 2017
- March 13 - RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL (Day 1)Part 2
The cruise terminal was spruced-up for the Olympics with a light rail added.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/E6044634E3BBAAE45C2B5CB4 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 13, 2017
- March 13 - RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL (Day 1)MORNING SAIL INTO RIO
The classic beauty of Rio is before us.
[img= Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 13, 2017
- March 12 - BUZIOS, BRAZIL
Another day in paradise! We took an early morning water taxi from shore to one of the many beaches on the peninsula.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/ Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 12, 2017
- March 11 - ILHA GRANDE, BRAZIL
Hey, Another beach town! Well, why not? It’s hot and humid, so let’s go find a place to snorkel!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/7C85E6F0E1ED72B1C1C0 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 11, 2017
- March 10 - PARATY, BRAZIL
We spent hours enjoying this preserved Portuguese colonial town and the fort above it. Hope you enjoy it too!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/3F5F0D7 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 10, 2017
- March 9 - SÃO PAULO/SANTOS, BRAZIL
After two nights and a day of travel we have arrived in the first of many ports in Brazil. There will be seven consecutive port days. Since we plan to be ashore everyd Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 9, 2017
- Chapter 9 - Brazil - Part One - Its Party Time !Brazil. Wow ! Home to the Biggest Street Party in the World ! In Salvador. 2 million people. That is a lot of people. And the party goes on for days.
[i]Part of t Posted by capetocape2017 in Cape to Cape 2017. By Land. Mostly | Mar 4, 2017
- Day 4 - Iguacu, Brazil to Buenos Aires, ArgentinaWe spent the morning strolling into town and then sitting by the pool.
Our airport pick-up arrived at 13:30 and took us across the border to Argentina. Luckily the queues were quite short and even though Rob had lost his entry Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 24, 2017
- Day 3 - Day trip to Iguazu National Park, ArgentinaBrazilian summer time finished last night, so we are now GMT -3, the same as Argentina.
About 80% of the falls are on the Argentine side, so today we did a day trip to the other side.
We stopped at the Three Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 21, 2017
- Day 2 - Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguacu and Iguacu National Park We landed in Sao Paulo just after 7am local time (GMT-2) and then transferred to the domestic airport for the 1hr40 flight to Iguacu.
The flight path takes you over the top of the falls and luckily today it was clear Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 18, 2017
- Panning for GoldI felt like I was starting all over again on this day. Our bus arrived in Sao Paulo with plenty of time to get to the airport, where I had decided to go to wave Becky off. We had breakfast Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Jan 19, 2017
- Day 7Hotel breakfast and picked up by taxi to take us across the boarder to Brazil and the national park on their side do the river. Que for the boarder was quite long but moving. We could have caught a Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 24, 2016
- November 26, 2016Recipe: Begin with unlimited access to ice cold caipirinhas, (a drink made from cachaca), add warm, tropical sunshine, combine with a six hour boat trip, complete with fifty young people clad in bathing suits and you get a party boat Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 27, 2016
- November 23, 2016Manners. Courtesy. Respect.
After forty days of traveling, I have come to really appreciate Don's kindness and goodness. When luggage needs to be loaded or unloaded, Don always steps up and helps the driver with bags. If there is Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 22, 2016
- November 22, 2016When you travel with a group, even a small group of eleven, one thing you are reminded of is people have different personalities. One girl in our group has participated in every extra option available to the group. She has Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 22, 2016