- Rio de Janeiro - Carnival baby! "Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl, with yellow feathers in her hair..." oh yeah, we're in Rio baby, and it's carnival time!!
So we arrived in Rio and checked into our fab hostel (the lovely Discovery hostel - Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Mar 8, 2014
- Brazil! Time to Paaaaaar-a-ty!!12 weeks in...we have a confession to make. We must be the whitest people ever to travel South America for the length of time we have!! And we are not happy about this fact.
So heading further into Brazil, home of Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Mar 6, 2014
- Iguassu Falls - From BrazilWe took the short bus ride across the boarder back to Brazil. We were happy to be back in Brazil, as we loved it the time before but not so happy to not be able to understand anything again! Our Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Feb 18, 2014
- I'm sorryHello my beautiful supporters! I'm back with a long overdue update.
English camp is now over and was an amazing experience! The camp was held at the Janz Team facility in Gramado which is absolutely incredible! They have a large plot Posted by stevefromcanada in Adventure Time with Steve | Feb 12, 2014
- It's A Beautiful WorldIt's another sun filled, gorgeous day in Brazil. It's been a little while since I last updated so to keep my adventures up to date and documented here is another entry. As always there is a lot to say but Posted by stevefromcanada in Adventure Time with Steve | Jan 31, 2014
- Amazonia, the MagnificentYou have them, bucket list travel destinations that appeal for their mysterious exoticism but you know little about them. You’d go if the stars aligned. For me, one of these has long been the Amazon River. Movies, books, Posted by mk2 in Travels with Husband | Jan 24, 2014
- From Denver to RioWell here is another update for those who are following. Due to time constraints and general laziness I didn't get an update out about my time in Denver; so I'll start with that.
My trip from NYC to Denver started off Posted by stevefromcanada in Adventure Time with Steve | Jan 23, 2014
- All I can say is Wow!Wow! That's all I can say about the Iguazu falls, just wow! I don't think I can describe the feeling or the enormity of these falls and do them justice. They are right on the border of Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jan 20, 2014
- Day 21 Sat 20th JanToday we had a leisure day so we caught the metro to the city centre and walked around the square where the opera house and national library etc are. Unfortunately there were only 3 tours for the opera house today Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 18, 2014
- Day 20 Frid 17th JanToday we toured with our guide through the older areas of Rio. You could see the influence of Lisbon and even the French. This was quite a contrast with the more glitzy Copacabana. We also saw where they hold Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 17, 2014
- Day 19 Thurs 16th JanToday we had a private tour of Rio. We drove along a very upmarket area Roderigo de Lagoon. Even though there were beautiful boats anchored the water is so polluted that you cannot swim in it. We went to Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 16, 2014
- Day 18 Wed 15th JanWe checked out of our hotel on the Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls and drove with our private guide to cross the border into Brazil to view the Brazilian side of the falls. We were only 15min from the Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 16, 2014
After a bit of a jetlagged/hectic Rio we are now in Paraty, a small coastal town about 200km south of Rio. It’s a beautiful town with (apparently) some of the best Colonial Portugese Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jan 6, 2014
- Sugarloaf and Christo Redentor
So we’ve finally done some touristing (my blog, so I can make up words if I like). On Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jan 6, 2014
- New Year’s Eve in Rio!
Wow! It was amazing! We had such a great night, it really made Rio for us. We hung out with some oth Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jan 6, 2014
- Rio de Janeiro
We've arrived... and we're exhausted. 36 hours on flights/in transit has given us a new appreciation for being able to lie down. There's nothing like travelling to make you happy about Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 30, 2013
- 2012 A1 STAR PRINCESS - IGUAZU FALLS TO RIO DE JANEIRO==STARTING OUT FROM OTTAWA==
I TOOK THE EARLY BIRD BALOON FLIGHT AND PASSED OVER THE EQUATOR ON ROUTE TO SAO PAULO FOR A CONNECTING FLIGHT TO IGUAZU FALLS
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 7, 2013
- 20. Gun Bosuna akiyormus Guaira hakikaten...Iguazu'da ilk gun Brezilya Milli Parki'na gittik, ki ne iyi ettik. Dunki yazida da bahsettigimiz gibi, selaler hakikaten harika, hatta soylentiye gore guncel dunya mirasi/harikasi mevkilerden biri. Inanilmaz bir doga harikasi ve resmi olsa-olmasa bile dun Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 12, 2013
- 19. Gun: Su Candir!Su candir!
Iguaçu ya da Iguazu cesitli kaynaklarin olmeden gorulmesi gereken doga harikalari arasinda yer aliyor. Brezılya ıle Arjantin'in sinirini olusturan bu selaleyi Lonely Planet rehberimiz her iki ulkenin sayfasinda ayri ayri anlatiyor, oyle ki a Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 12, 2013
- FlorianopolisWe boarded the plane to Floripa and I am not going to lie, I was so excited to hopefully have some sun and surf. As we flew over the island an hour or so later I could tell I was Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Dec 9, 2013
- Day 17-18 A Contemporary City
Under the white flourescent Hotel Blumenau sign, 3 am in the morning on the dimly lit deserted street, despite the receptionist's warning about the streets not being so safe at this time of Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 8, 2013
- Day 16 Tarifa Promocional
Sem Comentarios... See next day Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 8, 2013
- Day 8 Niemeyer, all over again...We check out from the Bittar Inn and check back in at Shopping Brasilia mall for lunch at the food court with the locals from offices in the area.
After lunch we first head down to The National Museum, which is Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Nov 29, 2013
- 10. Ve 12. Gunler: dugun, dernek ve yemekSeyahatimize Brezilya'dan baslama bahanesini veren dugun iki asamali oldu. Once aile ve yurt disindan gelen dostlarin dahil oldugu bir kilise dugunu. Brezilya'da nufusun cogunlugu katolik. Malum Isa kentte tepeden bakiyor ya da kollarinin altinda koruyor. Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 2, 2013
- 9.ve11. Gun: tekrar Rio: tepeler X plajlar
Ilk hafta Rio'nun Cihangir'i Santa Teresa'da kalmistik. Herhalde Isa ve Sugar loaf(teleferikle birbirine baglanan seyir tepesi) disinda uzerinde Favela olmayan tek tepeydi. Ama Favelalar ve Ce Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 2, 2013