- Day 3 - Day trip to Iguazu National Park, ArgentinaBrazilian summer time finished last night, so we are now GMT -3, the same as Argentina.
About 80% of the falls are on the Argentine side, so today we did a day trip to the other side.
We stopped at the Three Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 21, 2017
- Day 2 - Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguacu and Iguacu National Park We landed in Sao Paulo just after 7am local time (GMT-2) and then transferred to the domestic airport for the 1hr40 flight to Iguacu.
The flight path takes you over the top of the falls and luckily today it was clear Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 18, 2017
- Panning for GoldI felt like I was starting all over again on this day. Our bus arrived in Sao Paulo with plenty of time to get to the airport, where I had decided to go to wave Becky off. We had breakfast Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Jan 19, 2017
- Day 7Hotel breakfast and picked up by taxi to take us across the boarder to Brazil and the national park on their side do the river. Que for the boarder was quite long but moving. We could have caught a Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 24, 2016
- November 26, 2016Recipe: Begin with unlimited access to ice cold caipirinhas, (a drink made from cachaca), add warm, tropical sunshine, combine with a six hour boat trip, complete with fifty young people clad in bathing suits and you get a party boat Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 27, 2016
- November 23, 2016Manners. Courtesy. Respect.
After forty days of traveling, I have come to really appreciate Don's kindness and goodness. When luggage needs to be loaded or unloaded, Don always steps up and helps the driver with bags. If there is Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 22, 2016
- November 22, 2016When you travel with a group, even a small group of eleven, one thing you are reminded of is people have different personalities. One girl in our group has participated in every extra option available to the group. She has Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 22, 2016
- November 20, 2016Felix Natal (Merry Christmas!)
I know, it is only Nov. 20, but the town of Bonito is decorated for Christmas. The lobby in our hotel has a tree decorated with twinkling lights and the shops and restaurants have signs and ornaments Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 20, 2016
- November 17, 2016Until we booked our trip, I had never heard of the Pantanal and so I copied this brief description I found on the internet so everyone knows what is meant by the Pantantal. "The Pantanal is an immense tropical wetlands Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 20, 2016
- November 16, 2016The journey to the border began with an overnight train trip. The seats on the train were comfortable, but Bolivian trains travel on narrow tracks and the ride was very bumpy. We arrived in a small town near the border Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 20, 2016
- MY FAVORITE THING THAT I DIDI`m actually kind of nervous to write this post. Because I already know my words aren`t going to be enough to explain what we saw, and express how I felt. I just want to stick a bunch of photos on Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Nov 11, 2016
- Paddling in ParadiseAfter lots of indecision about our next stop, we eventually agreed on the destination of Paraty (can´t not read this as PARTY), about four hours south of Rio. We packed up, and said our goodbyes (rather teary on Becky´s behalf) Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Nov 1, 2016
- Ri(o)unionsThat long-awaited hour finally arrived. Like a dramtic movie airport scene: two sisters reunited after (three) months apart, clutching each other tightly and sobbing tears of happiness into each others´shoulders. This might sounds like an exaggeration, bu Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Oct 26, 2016
- Food, Glorious FoodAriving early by train to the border means one thing in Bolivia: you have to wait for the border control office to open up. And that seems to depend, not on the hour as suggested by the clock, but when Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Oct 22, 2016
- Bye BrazilOne last day back in Rio. I was happy about this because I knew the last things that I wanted to do. Unfortunately I was still feeling less than ideal which slowed me down a bit. I just had a Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Oct 1, 2016
- Bye BrazilA quick post about my last events in Brazil and my favourite things over this whirlwind two weeks.
I had one last day to spend back in Rio. Unfortunately it involved not feeling the greatest as I appear to have Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Sep 18, 2016
- Perusing the PantanalPut away your cell phones kids.. The Pantanal is like Pokemon Go in really life... Only ten times better because you're in the wetlands collecting sightings of amazing wild animals!
I had a smooth and uneventful flight to Campo Grande via Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Sep 14, 2016
- Ilha GrandeThe morning before the transfer to Ilha Grande was a bit of a rough one. After only a few quick hours of sleep I quickly grabbed all my things, checked out of the hostel and got on the bus/shuttle. I Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Sep 11, 2016
- Last Minute Island Life on Ilha Grande After a night out at a bar in Copacabana and a few quick hours of sleep it was up and at em at 6am to grab my things, check out, and catch the transfer shuttle to Ilha Grande. I fell Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Sep 11, 2016
- Rio Rio Rio Everything in Rio has been so spectacular! On my second morning I joined Laura and Moritz, a couple people from Germany that I met in the hostel the night before, for a hike. Second day, already hiking... No surprise there. Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Sep 9, 2016
- Day 3 in RioDay 3 here we go. Got to sleep in a little bit (as in 7:30) as I didn't have any early activities planned. After breakfast in the hostel I headed off on my own to see some of the Santa Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Sep 9, 2016
- Day 2 in RioDay 2 here in Rio was a spectacular one! It was a bit of hot night in the LimeTime hostel, even with the AC on but I managed to get a good sleep and woke up around 7 without an Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Sep 9, 2016
- Flights and Day 1!!Day 1 is finally in the books. After almost 14 months of planning it feels surreal to finally be here. Everything about the flights was just peachy besides the whole flying overnight thing. I connected in Houston and there Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Sep 7, 2016
- Flight and Rio Day 1Day 1 is finally in the books. After almost 14 months of planning it feels surreal to finally be here. Everything about the flights went well besides the whole flying overnight thing. Saying goodbye to Mom and Maddie was not Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Sep 7, 2016
- brazil: south/southeast===rio===
Usually an inevitable stop if you are going to brazil... for very good reason!!! Rio is undeniable - it has everything: beach, city, forest, lake... TONS of opportunities to be active, go out, and enjoy brazilian culture - no matter Posted by scampyyy in south america | Aug 15, 2016