- Food, Glorious FoodAriving early by train to the border means one thing in Bolivia: you have to wait for the border control office to open up. And that seems to depend, not on the hour as suggested by the clock, but when Posted by rcally in Rachel~Roaming | Oct 22, 2016
- Bye BrazilOne last day back in Rio. I was happy about this because I knew the last things that I wanted to do. Unfortunately I was still feeling less than ideal which slowed me down a bit. I just had a Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Oct 1, 2016
- Bye BrazilA quick post about my last events in Brazil and my favourite things over this whirlwind two weeks.
I had one last day to spend back in Rio. Unfortunately it involved not feeling the greatest as I appear to have Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Sep 18, 2016
- Perusing the PantanalPut away your cell phones kids.. The Pantanal is like Pokemon Go in really life... Only ten times better because you're in the wetlands collecting sightings of amazing wild animals!
I had a smooth and uneventful flight to Campo Grande via Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Sep 14, 2016
- Ilha GrandeThe morning before the transfer to Ilha Grande was a bit of a rough one. After only a few quick hours of sleep I quickly grabbed all my things, checked out of the hostel and got on the bus/shuttle. I Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Sep 11, 2016
- Last Minute Island Life on Ilha Grande After a night out at a bar in Copacabana and a few quick hours of sleep it was up and at em at 6am to grab my things, check out, and catch the transfer shuttle to Ilha Grande. I fell Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Sep 11, 2016
- Rio Rio Rio Everything in Rio has been so spectacular! On my second morning I joined Laura and Moritz, a couple people from Germany that I met in the hostel the night before, for a hike. Second day, already hiking... No surprise there. Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Sep 9, 2016
- Day 3 in RioDay 3 here we go. Got to sleep in a little bit (as in 7:30) as I didn't have any early activities planned. After breakfast in the hostel I headed off on my own to see some of the Santa Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Sep 9, 2016
- Day 2 in RioDay 2 here in Rio was a spectacular one! It was a bit of hot night in the LimeTime hostel, even with the AC on but I managed to get a good sleep and woke up around 7 without an Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Sep 9, 2016
- Flights and Day 1!!Day 1 is finally in the books. After almost 14 months of planning it feels surreal to finally be here. Everything about the flights was just peachy besides the whole flying overnight thing. I connected in Houston and there Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Sep 7, 2016
- Flight and Rio Day 1Day 1 is finally in the books. After almost 14 months of planning it feels surreal to finally be here. Everything about the flights went well besides the whole flying overnight thing. Saying goodbye to Mom and Maddie was not Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Sep 7, 2016
- brazil: south/southeast===rio===
Usually an inevitable stop if you are going to brazil... for very good reason!!! Rio is undeniable - it has everything: beach, city, forest, lake... TONS of opportunities to be active, go out, and enjoy brazilian culture - no matter Posted by scampyyy in south america | Aug 15, 2016
- brazil: north/northeast===salvador===
Such a cool city that is pumping with African influence! My experience is a bit skewed considering I was only there for Carnaval. That being said, what a place to be for carnaval! Not that I Posted by scampyyy in south america | Aug 15, 2016
- Day 3 of the Olympic SamplerBig news: we have mastered public transportation well enough to lead other confused Americans home. It's a huge feat for us, but let me start from the beginning of our Monday.
We left our apartment around 9 am expecting our journey Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 8, 2016
- Tourist Day in RioWe started our day as any typical Americans would--with a trip to Starbucks, of course. To be fair, Starbucks is right around the corner from us, and we didn't see any other coffee shops. We overcame the language barrier to Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 8, 2016
- Aquatics Day in Rio... and TOM DALEYThe final day of my Olympic adventures!
Another early morning as I made my way back to the Barra Olympic Park; thankfully all three of my events were located in the same Park today, so I didn’t have to worry about Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 8, 2016
- Transportation TroublesThis morning, Alyssa and I woke up, ran some errands, and found an adorable coffee shop named Boulangerie Guerin to make up for our Starbucks visit earlier this week. Kyle and Erin slept in since our first event was not Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 8, 2016
- Fencing, Table Tennis, and Gymnastics!Day two of my Olympic adventure here in Rio!
Another early morning as I had to make my way to the Barra Olympic Park by 9am for fencing. I had to take the Metro Line 4, which is brand new Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 7, 2016
- Ole, ole, ole, ole, Marta, Marta!We have decided every day of this trip will include a minor kerfuffle. Today, we went to the Cosport (authorized ticket seller for USA and some other countries) ticket pick up which our Canadian friends from the Christ the Redeemer Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 8, 2016
- Archery... and a sunburnToday was the first day of the Olympics!
Last night I slept rather well… until around 4am when one of the roommates began to snore quite loudly. It gave me flashbacks to the roommate I had throughout my tour of Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 6, 2016
- Sugarloaf Mountain, but no sight of Jaws or James BondThe past two days have been incredibly LONG and tiring. To begin with, I had some last-minute change of packing plans, which stressed me to no end. My sister, niece Jane and nephew Jack were in town visiting Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 5, 2016
- Rio Day 1The Rio adventure began when I received a text saying Erin and Kyle got upgraded to first class on their Dallas to Miami flight. Meanwhile, it took Alyssa and me three Ubers to get to the Bush airport in Houston. Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 5, 2016
- Another Weekend in Paradise Hey everyone!
As you can imagine, i’m having a terrible time out here. Just kidding, i’m having the time of my life to say the least! We already had our first tests in Management and in MIS. They went really well Posted by evanminas in Brazil Global Cohort 2016 | Jul 6, 2016
- The First Few DaysIt is hard to believe that I am across the world in one of the most beautiful beach cities in the world. I know it has been over a week since I have gotten here but I have barely had Posted by evanminas in Brazil Global Cohort 2016 | May 26, 2016
- AmazonWe signed up for a 3 day / 2 night Amazon tour through Gero Tours. They do longer tours with options to sleep or trek deep in the jungle, but that seemed a bit extreme for us. Two nights without Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | May 13, 2016