- Rio de JaneiroThe Internet is certainly a great tool for the independent traveller. Now you can easily hop online and book a flight, a bus, or a tour With just a couple of mouse clicks. When we traveled through South America Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Apr 29, 2016
- Sugarloaf Mountain and Arcos de Lapa
Sugarloaf Mountain, or Pão de Açúcar, is a symbol of Rio de Janeiro and one of the city's most visited attractions.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/807690/larg Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Apr 24, 2016
- Beautiful Búzios
We just returned from Búzios, a peninsula 2.5 hours East of Rio that's famous for it's beautiful beaches!
Búzios w Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Apr 17, 2016
- Ilha Paquetá and Ilha Grande We were all about islands this week!
First, we took a lovely trip to Paquetá Island.
Our generous host from Ca Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Apr 10, 2016
- Jardim Botânico and the Funny Fruits of BrazilFor this week's blog, we bring you a dispatch from Rio's Jardim Botânico, the largest botanical garden in Brazil.
It was founded in 1808 by King John VI of Portugal whe Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Apr 3, 2016
- Iguazu Falls Part II
On the morning of our second day in Iguazu, we took a thrilling helicopter ride down the Iguazu river and over the falls. Neither of us had ever been on a helicop Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Mar 27, 2016
- Iguazu FallsSince we missed last week, here is a double issue:
On March 15th, we hopped on a plane to Foz de Iguazu to visit one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
We Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Mar 27, 2016
- Briefly in BrazilReunited, the three of us bussed to Iguacu - but it wasn't the luckiest start... unfortunately Peter's phone fell out of his pocket and was left on the bus, never to be seen again.
We found a place to stay and Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Mar 27, 2016
- Cristo Redentor up close! Corcovado, or Hunchback mountain, is in central Rio. Located in Tijuca Forest, the 2,329 ft granite peak supports the famous statue of Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer).
At 124 fe Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Mar 12, 2016
- Welcome to the Hippie FairIt rained a bunch this week, but we managed a couple of beautiful outings on the few dry days we had.
On Friday, we took a taxi to Leblon, which is considered the most affluent neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro. Leblon Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Mar 6, 2016
- Rio by BikeSince Carnival ended, we've spent some time recuperating.
Rio is a great place to ride a bike. Despite the volcanic mountains rising up dramatically throughout the city, the surrounding streets are surprisingly flat and there are are many lovely bike Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Feb 28, 2016
- BrazilSince the start of the adventure
Hours on bus 161.5 hours
Hours on plane 45 hours
Hours in car: 6 hours
Hours on train no changed
Things we have learnt:
Samba is hard
It's really hot in Rio and Phil owes his life Posted by PhilR in Randerlams on Tour | Feb 24, 2016
- FROM RIO STATE TO SÃO PAULOAfter 9 days of Carioca life and Carnaval craziness, it was time to move on to a quieter place to relax for a few days.
First stop was Ilha Grande, 5h from Rio by bus + boat. It's a beautiful mountainous Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Feb 23, 2016
- Carnival Rio de Janeiro's Carnival is crowned by the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest street party in the world, with an average of 2 million revelers each day. The weeklong celebration dates back to 1723, so you can Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Feb 20, 2016
- Coming homeSomewhere over the Atlantic Ocean we entered new time zone and even a new day – Saturday. After a very turbulent flight oven the Atlantic we got served breakfast before the airplane landed at Frankfurt Airport. Due to the lack Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 28, 2015
- Leaving Brazil[center][/center]
Last day in Fortaleza during this trip and definitely last day in Brazil this time. It felt great yet Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 27, 2015
- Fortaleza – a vacation paradise?Now when it was daylight outside the hotel window I had a look and saw Iracema Beach, a 4,5 km long sand beach named after a female Indian chief. Even though the hotel had low standard it had the best Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 26, 2015
- North to FortalezaWoke up to my last day here in Rio de Janeiro. Thanks to the low season I was able to keep my room until 2pm before I needed to check out. In other words I got enough time to pack Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 25, 2015
- Shopping and historyI could afford another sleep-in today since I didn’t have any day tour but a tour in the evening with dinner and entertainment in Lapa. The clouds were really low and it was grey and cloudy but I wasn’t going Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 24, 2015
- A foggy Corcovado and Evening Samba ShowI had woken up during the night due to thunderstorm that hit Rio de Janeiro with rainstorm and lightning which lighted up the entire hotel room, even though the curtain covered the whole window. When it was time to get Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 23, 2015
- Sugar Loaf MountainI got up early in the morning in time for breakfast at 7am and being in time for pick-up at 8.25am. Hasn’t had a working air-conditioner during the entire night so I made a report at the hotel reception while Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 22, 2015
- Suddenly it happensWoke up before the cell phone alarm sounded. The hotel staff had not called me during the night, so my bag had not arrived yet. What now? Tiptoed away to the reception and asked yet again asked about my bag. Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 21, 2015
- Don’t cry for me Argentina Today was a full day on the Argentinean side of the Iguassu Falls. Joe picked me up already at 8.00am and then headed for the border control to Argentina. Even though it was only for about 8 hours, I had Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 20, 2015
- Waterfalls, birds and butterflies Landed at Foz do Iguaçu – Cataratas International Airport at 1am. Even if you managed to doze off during flight you were totally mushy in your head. For an international airport it is a very small airport. We had to Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 19, 2015
- Traveling southCould spoil myself with a sleep-in, since this day was dedicated to traveling and transfer myself, i.e. no guided tours today. No news about my bag. Made a few attempts to call both Baggage Express and Frankfurt Airport, but without Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 18, 2015