- INTO THE WILD IN CHAPADA DIAMANTINAFinally, here is my much awaited summary of four amazing days into the Brazilian wilderness...
After a great but solitary exploration of Salvador, I was excited to meet with my friend Eva, a super fun Dutch girl from Amsterdam that I Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Feb 3, 2016
- FIRST TASTE OF BAHIA: SALVADORTo get to Salvador I took my first night bus from Maceió: after 11h in a pretty comfortable bus including a blanket and plug sockets, I arrived at 5.40am... It meant I had 3 full days to explore Salvador. I Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jan 26, 2016
- DE PERNAMBUCO A ALAGOASIt's been 2 weeks already and I've done so much yet so little for such a big country like Brazil! Here is a recap of what I've been up to in the last week as I finally managed to start Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jan 21, 2016
- PARADISE ON EARTH Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jan 15, 2016
- BOM DIA, TUDO BEM?[im Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jan 9, 2016
- Sampa goes on holidaysIn a city with nearly 20 million people and more than 100 museums, you'd think a few would be open on New Year's Day, when everybody is on holidays and looking for things to do. But apparently not.
We wandered around Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jan 2, 2016
- NYE in SPSam
Happy New Year everyone! We're in the metropolis of São Paulo, enjoying the much cooler weather.
It was a surprisingly long trip from Paraty - less than four hours according to Google Maps, but it took us nearly eight. The extremely Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Jan 1, 2016
- Party in ParatyCaroline
After a relaxed Christmas on Ilha Grande, we caught a boat back to the mainland and a bus several hours down the coast to Paraty, a small colonial port. Pretty cobblestoned streets paired with beautiful beaches makes this a popular Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 28, 2015
- A white (sand) ChristmasSam
After a busy few days in Rio, we were ready to relax for a bit. Apparently taking half a year off isn’t relaxing enough. So one van ride and one boat ride later, we were at Vila do Abraão, the Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 26, 2015
- "There's an awful lot of coffee in Brazil (but not much tea)
Every Brazilian is born wearing Havaianas others come to them later.
So would we recommend coming to Brazil ? Absolutely.
Would we come back again - definitely.
Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 23, 2015
- At the Copa, CopacabanaSam
On the summer solstice I joined the sun worshippers - normally found on Copacabana beach - to see the sun rise over Rio. I couldn't convince Caroline to join me, but I took some decent photos to show her. And Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 22, 2015
- When my baby smiles at meSam
We took Dad's advice (see his comment on the last entry), and disposed of it, as we had a couple of more days of culture in Rio. We did spend a fair bit of time at the beach in the Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 20, 2015
- "Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls"So we checked out of the pousada/ hostel in São Paulo . The people there were fantastic even though it was nowhere near 'Phil Lloyd' standard ( Phil , when I checked in I immediately imagined if it was you, Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 20, 2015
- Rastlos in Rio
Bereits als wir im Juli 2014 in Zürich ins Flugzeug stiegen, war uns bewusst, dass unsere Reise eines Tages zu Ende gehen würde. In Südamerika begannen wir in Ge Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Dec 19, 2015
- The girl (and boy) in IpanemaSam
The trip from Tiradentes wasn't that exciting, but I'm mentioning it so that I can put this photo in. A surprising number of people in the small town seem to actually use horses to cart around their goods.
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 18, 2015
- "Paint your palette blue & grey"São Paulo is not easy. Hot, noisy, no maps, no information places, taxi drivers can't understand us when they stop.
We should have realised when the bus driver from Paraty took so long to get us to the drop off hotel Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 18, 2015
- Stairway to HeavenFarewell Ilha Grande 7/10
Time to bid farewell to Ilha Grande we were supposed to have a speedboat transfer to Paraty but that only runs when he has at least 6 passengers which he didn't have so we decided to take Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 16, 2015
- Another colonial delightIt's a three-hour drive from Ouro Preto to Tiradentes. That's if you go door-to-door. Unfortunately, to catch public transport it takes nearly nine - if you get decent connections - and we had to change buses at Belo Horizonte and Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 15, 2015
- Wine number 3
Gordon gave this 7/10
This is my Passionfruit Caipirinha it was good but not as good as the Bar Gomez ginger one.
I think the caipirinhas may have peaked too early
[i Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 15, 2015
- Let Muhammad go to the mountain!
So after breakfast this Monday morning we decided to visit Lopez Mendez beach which, according to all the guide books is supposed to be in the top 10 beaches in the world. We were some what sceptical but Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 15, 2015
- Swing Low Sweet ChariotThe intrepid explorers decided to take an "easy" hike to see the nearest 5 beaches as we wanted a relaxing day today. The trouble with knowing that there is another beach just around the corner is that you carry on Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 14, 2015
- FruitopiaI know I promised that I wouldn't write about my breakfast but the fruit here is so fantastic I thought I would share it with you.
Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 14, 2015
- Striking gold in Ouro PretoSam
The short trip out of Belo Horizonte didn't go completely to plan, but we arrived in Ouro Preto and walked down a few very steep hills to our Airbnb. It was overcast, but the narrow, winding cobblestone streets and crumbling Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 13, 2015
- Food PrawnI couldn't resist taking a picture of last nights dinner.
It may have been the most expensive item on the menu but the prawns were huge, so big I generously donated one to Gordon
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/777354/0D15B8B0C43C0CC6EC6A55A47139 Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 13, 2015
- Saturday nights alright for fightingFriday fight night at bar Gomez
There is a busy bar in the middle of Santa Teresa which everyone describes as lively. Been around since the 30's and full of a mixture of locals and tourists. It is well known in Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 13, 2015