- 2. Ve 3. Gunler
Bu mesaj hala benim Istanbul saatiyle yasadigim gostergesi. arada 4 saat var. yani burada saat 20:00 olunca bende salter saat 24:00 oldu diye atiyor. Suan burada saat 7:00 ( mesaji gondermem Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Nov 22, 2013
- Adventures in the AmazonDesperate by now to actually get in amongst the jungle of the Amazon, we booked ourselves onto a 3 day tour with a company recommended by Anne and Harvard (the Norwegian couple we met on the Salt Flats tour), called Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Nov 17, 2013
- The last afternoon in Rio, Going out with a bangI am In money saving mode so walked the first half of sugarloaf, half price ticket as it cuts the first cable car... On the way I managed to see a monkey and a toucan...already a good day! I.reached the Posted by davidt.ontour in Biting a Piece of the South America Cake | Nov 12, 2013
- Week 1: Rio de Janeiro The first day of our backpacking trip around South America, and whilst we were fully prepared for hostels, and living on a budget, we were not prepared for the Iberia flight, which was less than enjoyable. We landed in Posted by Dave and P in Our South American Adventure | Oct 30, 2013
- Ilha GrandeOur time spent on Ilha Grande mostly consisted of trekking and beaches. Trekking to beaches to be more specific. Our first trek was a 15km round trek to Dois Rios beach. No tour guides were needed for any of the Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Oct 27, 2013
- ParatyWe arrived in Paraty on a dreay and wet day, but that didn't stop us exploring. Paraty is a UNESCO heritage site and widely accepted as the finest example of a colonial town still in existence. The old town doesn't Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Oct 25, 2013
- Day 10: Rio de Janeiro Today was my birthday!!
I slept in until around 11am, then had a leisurely breakfast and said goodbye to most of the Contiki group. It was sad to end such a fantastic time, but I am sure we will keep in Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 22, 2013
- Day 9: Rio de Janeiro This morning we went for a walk through a favella. Favella's are Rio's concentrated areas of the city's poorest people, kind of like a slum. It was really interesting to see the other side of Rio, to get an insight Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 22, 2013
- Day 8: Rio de Janeiro This morning we drove from Buzios back to Rio de Janeiro, about a 3hr drive.
When we got to Rio the first thing we did was see the Christo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer) statue. It was built between 1922 and 1931 Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 20, 2013
- Day 7: BuziosI had a lazy start this morning. Slept in, and then lounged by the pool. At midday we took a trolley tour along the coast line to see all the small beaches scattered along the peninsula.
A Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 20, 2013
- Day 6: BuziosToday was a very early (3am) start. We flew from Iguassu to Rio de Janeiro (4hrs) and then drove 3hrs along the coast to Buzios.
We went for a short walk along the board walk, and then had dinner. It was Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 20, 2013
- Day 4: Iguazu FallsOff to an early start this morning. We caught the bus to Buenos Aires airport, then flew for about 1 1/2 hours to the Argentine side of Iguazu, then took the bus across the border into Brazil. We went Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 19, 2013
- Sao Paulo for the weekendSao Paulo is quite possibly one of the ugliest cities we've encountered. Even to the locals it is known as a monster. However, the city's unattractiveness is what gives it it's charm. Ibirapuera park, however, is one spot of beauty Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Oct 16, 2013
- Sight seeing in RioWe arrived in Rio midnight local time after an uneventful 11 hour flight across the atlantic. We were greeted by pouring rain, not something that we have seen since as we were woken the next morning by clear blue skies Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Oct 14, 2013
- Brazil - September 2013Beginning three weeks in Brazil. Left Atlanta at 10PM on September 7, 2014 and arrived at 9:30AM on September 8, 2013. This is my first trip to South America. Passport control was quick and I was soon on the bus Posted by goodearth in Interesting Journeys | Oct 10, 2013
- First day in RioIt's the end of the afternoon on our first day in Rio. We have mostly just been walking around today and spent the morning walking up and down Ipanema beach, where we had coconuts, watched the surfers, volley ball players Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Oct 8, 2013
- Ilha Grande, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
We took the ferry to Ilha Grande where after an hour and a half of navigating through the most picturesque islands and s Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Oct 6, 2013
- Paraty, BrazilOur 120 mile bus journey from São Paulo did not take six hours, but seven. To be fair, it was mountain roads and foggy but it still dragged.
After our last accommodation, this next one felt like a five star hotel Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Oct 4, 2013
- São PauloHi, it's Chris. So far I've only been proofreader and Zoë's been writing the blog but I thought I'd give this one a go so here goes...
We arrived in São Paulo after a 16 hour overnight bus ride from Iguassu Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Oct 2, 2013
- Baleia part 3The last two weeks we spent in baleia were taken up with us trying to learn how to kite surf. We had 6 lessons booked 3 each week.
The first day we learnt how to fly a small kite 1.5 Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Sep 28, 2013
- Iguassu Falls, Brazil and Argentina and the Itaipu DamTuesday 24th September - let the border hopping commence: Paraguay - Brazil
We left for the Brazilian side of Iguassu Falls from Ciudad del Este in Paraguay first thing in morning. The journey is only about 20-30km, yet took us Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Sep 28, 2013
- Favela tour, almost hang gliding and samba club[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/542889C92219AC68171368931F80E328.j Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 25, 2013
- Copacabana, Ipanema and Jardin Botanica[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/90_320B77D82219AC68178E9F1CA07FEEDE.j Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 23, 2013
- Sugarloaf and marmosets[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/35C97C2F2219AC68173595010460F8CC.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/thumb_35C97C2F2219AC6817359501046 Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 22, 2013
- Death defying taxi to the middle of nowhereThis morning I was up at 4.30. The jet lag has not worn off yet so my body clock is crazy. It was hot and I was feeling itchy and irritated so I snuck out of bed at 6 for Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 19, 2013