- Day 16 - Day of "Rest"We leave Rio and head for Brasilia today - no games to interfere, so it should be somewhat relaxing, except for the packing up and such. Leaving the hotel in Rio - we had a nice time here...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/60589/IMG_0572.jpg thum Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 28, 2014
- Day 15 - Could not get thereWe just could not find any flights that worked - as it turned out with the weather, we probably would have had too much trouble trying to get there (and moving to Brasilia tomorrow). The TV stations were showing Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 28, 2014
- Day 14 - RedemptionDean headed back to Salvador early in the morning for his departure tomorrow. Even though there are knock out games today, we wanted to visit the Christ the Redeemer statue, so we had to take the time could get, Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 27, 2014
- Day 13 - At the Copa, CopacabanaWe headed out early so we could see the the beaches and maybe still catch the early game (ITA-URU), figured we would be back here in time for the COL-JAP game. We took the subway, well, because we Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 26, 2014
- Day 12 - Start of Double GamesWe get up early to do some sightseeing before the games today. Ivan appears to have the lucky 1 day version of being ill (I'm still working on mine :( ). We decide to explore on foot and see Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 25, 2014
- Match day in FortalezaHad a good time in Natal where I met a great Aussie couple. Watched the Oz v Holland game with them (and their pet kangaroo "Kevin" who was a hit with the locals). The beers and caiparinhas are going down Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jun 24, 2014
- Day 11 - GAME DAY - Bel v RusWe have a limited number of tickets to the historic Maracanã: it's Ivan & Diana and Phil & I that go to the game. Gwen, Kate and Dean head out to try
the Sugar Loaf again.... More about Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 23, 2014
- Brazil[float=right][/float]The first day in Brazil we explored two totally different yet similar attractions – man made Itaipu Dam and natural Iguazu Falls.
Itaipu Dam is the second biggest Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Jun 23, 2014
- Day 10 - On to RIOActually, we learned this a while back, but perhaps you had not heard this before - the R is kind of an H sound in Brazil. The flight to Rio was fine, just the way you like it Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 22, 2014
- Day 09 - GAME DAY - Sui v FraVacation time is odd - the days seem to last forever at first, now that it is our last day in Salvador, it seems like there's so much that didn't get done.... Gwen and I finally venture out to Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 22, 2014
- Day 08 - GAME DAY - ColumbiaAs you can imagine, the 3:30am alarm came quite early. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling any better yet either. But niece of the apt owner who had agreed to take us to the airport was right on time. She Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 20, 2014
- Day 07 - SightseeingOkay so today is the day for seeing Pelourinho (the Old Town). And as luck would have it, my day to be ill - so the blog maybe a bit wanting, trying to complete before an early bedtime - Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 19, 2014
- BRAZIL!!!!!!!9th June - Rio de Janeiro
For some reason Yuri and I were nervous and anxious about heading to Brazil - we just want to be there already!
We spent the better part of 2 days in airports making our way to Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | Jun 19, 2014
- Party time in NatalHaving a fantastic time so far. The trip is going even better than I hoped.
One big highlight was last night. We were having dinner overlooking the Atlantic Ocean here in Natal. Some "bloke" dressed (very badly) in women's clothing parked Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jun 18, 2014
- Day 06 - A day of restYesterday was such a long and full day, it seems that everyone was moving slowly and under motivated. I took some time to catch-up on the blog as well. With the Brazil-Mex game on at 4pm, we figured Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 18, 2014
- Day 05 - GAME Day - GER vs POREarly morning settling of funds....
Where the money really goes...[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/60589/IMG_0161.jpg thumb=h Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 17, 2014
- Day 04 - Logistics Well, unfortunately, minor illness has taken its first victim of the trip (likely to get us all one day)... and the first victim's name is Gwen. She seems to have some stomach bug or reaction to something that she Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 16, 2014
- From Rio to Belo Horizonte and back and finally the beachAfter a big night out on Thursday, we had a much quieter day on Friday. Watched Mexico v Cameroon over lunch and then looked for somewhere to watch the Spain-Holland game. we found a great little bar and made friends Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jun 15, 2014
- Day 03 - Weird DayMore adventures today.... We got up early and sold some tickets to Monday's GER vs POR game. Then we wandered off to the beach and strolled the shoreline. Since we were out quite early, we avoided Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 15, 2014
- Day 02 - GAME DAY!We all get out lazily this morning, a bit of jet lag for some as well as extremely hard Brazilian mattresses make for some groggy souls. I felt like I had to keep tossing and turning just to avoid Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 14, 2014
- G'day from RioMade it to Rio at last. Apart from a slightly unfortunate taxi ride, all going great. Woke up to lovely blue skies and got ready to go out and watch the opening game of the World Cup on Copacabana beach.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/675503/IM Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jun 13, 2014
- Day 01 - The Day is Finally Here!So, my thrifty wife was working hard over the past few years to get us multiple credit card offers to ensure that we could fly business class on this trip. It was kind of a pain changing cards every Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 15, 2014
- Brazil - our home away from home!So after our 3 months adventure of camping, safaris, voluntary working and catching up with the Ebadi family in Africa, it was time to kick off a new 3 months in SOUTH AMERICA. First stop, 6 weeks in our new Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | May 22, 2014
We had a couple of days to spare before getting to Rio and had decided that a bit of RnR would be perfect. Someone at Buenos Aires mentioned Florianopolis is a beach town and half way to Rio. Perfect! Ash Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Mar 11, 2014
- Rio de Janeiro - Carnival baby! "Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl, with yellow feathers in her hair..." oh yeah, we're in Rio baby, and it's carnival time!!
So we arrived in Rio and checked into our fab hostel (the lovely Discovery hostel - Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Mar 8, 2014