- The adventure beginsSo after months of planning and narrowing down options of places to see and things to do, we finally left wintery Perth on Monday morning and embarked on our adventures. As usual, the lead up to our departure was crazy, Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Jul 24, 2015
- Sao Paulo, BrazilNow that I have arrived from Montevideo to Sao Paulo after the two hour and thirty minute flight which spanned approximately 1940km. While in Sao Paulo I am going to be staying for two days and ill be staying at Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015
- On the look out for wildlife in The PantanalTuesday
Up bright n breezy today to check out and get on the minibus at 7.30 to take us to the Pantanal, I'm really looking forward to this bit, I'm hoping to see lots of lovely animals. The Pantanal is the Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 31, 2015
- Bonito, BrazilBonito, Brazil
We arrived in Bonito at about 7.30 and the hotel was very nice. The rooms weren't ready for us yet but they had out breakfast on for us which was well needed. We were all a bit quiet Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 29, 2015
- Stunning Iguassu Falls and jumping out of a plane! Friday
Hooray the hangover is much better today , although not completely gone - what's with two day hangovers when you get older??
The Hotel Del Ray in Foz de Iguacu is lovely - a proper hotel, which even though I've Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 29, 2015
- Fun in the sun in RioWe've seen so much on this trip that I sometimes wonder how much of it I'll be able to remember. Driving into Rio is one of those moments that I'm sure will stick with me. Mountains on one side and Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 27, 2015
- Ilha GrandeIlha Grande was our last stop on the Costa Verde and definitely my favourite. It was a chance to get back on the hiking trails (and some much needed training for Peru) with some beautiful beaches and wild swims thrown Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 27, 2015
- ParatyAnother local bus to take us to Paraty. This one left at 10.40 mas ou menos (more or less). We arrived a good ten minutes early to buy the ticket and were still waiting for the bus an hour later. Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 27, 2015
- Ah, que bom você chegou!My summer in Brazil started like this (a few months prior)...
“Congratulations! We would like to award you a FLAS grant to study Portuguese. But...in order to receive this grant to study in Brazil, you need to be at Posted by lhamman1 in Se hace camino al andar | May 25, 2015
- Pottering about in Paraty (and the messy caipirinha boat!) Tuesday
Today we didn't have any big adventures planned, the day was free for us to do what we wanted, some of the others decided to go to a beach for the day but I decided I just wanted to hang Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 24, 2015
- Sao PauloHadn't heard great things about Sao Paulo so only booked one night there but turned out to be a really cool city. Street food for lunch, shopping, huge buildings, Sunday markets, pretty cathedrals and lots of art is São Paulo. Posted by Dansta in Undercover Gringos | May 20, 2015
- FlorianopolisFlorianopolis on Ilha Santa Catarina is beautiful. The whole island is surrounded by beaches. Only issue for us was getting around since it was huge. Stayed @ A central place close to main beaches for 2 nights then moved to Posted by Dansta in Undercover Gringos | May 20, 2015
- Our final country BRAZIL!!We got a few hours to check out Porto Alegre. Decided not to stay there as were a bit over big city's by this stage but after walking around it seemed like a pretty happening place. Huge Palm trees surround Posted by Dansta in Undercover Gringos | May 20, 2015
- BrasilA aventura brasileira iniciou-se desde o nascimento! Diversidade cultural, pluralidade de raças e crenças, pessoas felizes e calorosas, generosas, boas e sempre dispostas à ajudar o próximo, mesmo que o idioma não ajude sempre existirá a possibilidade dos Posted by Augustus Nettus in A vida é feita de viagens... | May 19, 2015
- Rio to Ilha Grande to ParatySaturday - Leaving Rio
I didn't really want to get up this morning, when my alarm went off at eight I was still a bit tired and also was a bit disoriented, it was weird, there weren't any chinks of light Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 19, 2015
- Climbing Sugar Loaf Mountain and meeting my new groupI had a leisurely wake up this morning, I wasn't going for my climbing until 2.30 and I didn't have to check out of this hotel until 12 so I just took it easy. I went down to breakfast and Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 19, 2015
- And off I trot to Rio de JaneiroTuesday / Wednesday
The alarm went off at 6.45 this morning - I soooo didn't want to get up. I'm not sure if it was because I didn't have my jawbone thing- that sounds ridiculous but it has an Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 15, 2015
- UbatubaNext stop on our journey up the coast from São Paulo to Rio de Janeiro was Ubatuba. Our travel day was the hottest since getting to the coast and it was a shame not to spend it lying on a Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 13, 2015
- IlhabelaIntimidated by São Paulo's vastness and sure we couldn't do it justice in the time we had we decided to head straight for the coast. This involved a whole day of travel: a 4hr van from the hostel in Bonito, Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 12, 2015
- BonitoWe spent the last four days swimming! Swimming with loads of fish in a crystal clear river, swimming underneath beautiful waterfalls, swimming in a lake and swimming in our hostel's pool. It was a wet n' wild adventure!
Bonito is a Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 8, 2015
- Pantanal SafariThe Pantanal is a wetland area in the south of Brazil that is famous for its wildlife spotting opportunities. We booked a 4 day trip to a fazienda (or farm in English) with activities included. On top of my list Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 8, 2015
- You've Got A Woman's Hands!Only three days to go now before I fly home. And I can't think of anything I'd rather spend it doing than writing blogs.
I arrived in Rio de Janeiro from Bolivia in the early evening. My hostel in the Copacabana Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Apr 28, 2015
- April 26 -SANTAREM, BRAZIL
Sunday morning in Santarem is a quiet time - businesses are closed, and the church is full. These birds captured our attention.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 28, 2015
- April 25 -ALTER do CHAO, BRAZIL
We anchored at noon near the altar-shaped hill for which this port was named. The tenders had been lowered into the water and guests waited for an announcement that we Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 27, 2015
- last of South America......Rio!Arrived to rio by boat and drove for 2-3 hours to get to cocacabana and our hostel, when we got there we had no time to stop, we had to start our city tour.
Alex our tour guide explained that Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Apr 25, 2015