- São Paulo to Curitiba - Day 9I realised we haven't shown any pictures of our hostel so here are a couple. Here's our tiny bedroom (Andrew's back is pretty much against the wall!), toilet with John and Yoko watching over us and a nicely tiled little Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 31, 2013
- Rio de Janiero to Paraty and back againWell we are back in Rio where we now have good internet coverage, so here are our adventures for the last few days.
When we awoke this morning the first thing we did was have a look out of our Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Feb 8, 2013
- São Paulo - Day 8We only had one full day in Sao Paulo, as we were using it as a stopping point between Paraty and Curitba really, but we wanted to make the most of it so we got up early, had toast for Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 30, 2013
- Tropical Beach Paradise in BrasilThis entry starts at our first stop in Brasil, the island of Florianopolis. Floripa, is one of those places all travellers we have met along the way rave on about and anyone that visits here always ends up extending Posted by Scott-Georgie in Georgie & Scott in South America | Feb 4, 2013
- Paraty to São Paulo - Day 7We're now a week into our travels and the only downsides so far are:
Not enough wifi signal to Skype for last 4 days
Itchy mosquito bites
Wet clothes that won't dry
I'm also tying to keep tabs on our money Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 29, 2013
- day 146?oh wow. Its been too long.... so much to update on. Last time I wrote I had just met up with Louie and we were figuring out our plans....
We ended up going straight back down to Mancora and spent Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Feb 3, 2013
- Paraty - Day 6 As it is our last day by the coast for a while we wanted to go to the beach, even though it was overcast. The hostel owner, Alan, told us we could catch the bus for £1 each to Trindade, Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 28, 2013
- Paraty - Day 5Despite the lack of many things at Adventure Hostel, the breakfast was brilliant. Many varieties of bread, cheese, ham, tomatoes, chocolate spread, toffee spread, melon, papaya, mango, fruit smoothies, cake that I think contained condensed milk, and lots Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 27, 2013
- My random thoughts so far, by Andrew Waugh aged 29This is my first posting on our blog and I thought I would write about a few random things.
When I was researching what to pack a few people had said duct tape. I thought this was a little Posted by andrewwaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 26, 2013
- Rio to Paraty - Day 4 Luckily we were packed and ready to go when the transfer bus picked us up 45 minutes early! The driver put on some classic 80s and popular 90s music videos; 4 Non Blondes, Carly Simon, Natalie Imbruglia, Britney Spears - Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 26, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro - Day 3 I forgot to mention that on the evening of Day 1 we saw a dead, headless, fully feathered chicken in a bowl on the pavement near our hostel. No one around, no houses close...odd?!
Anyway! This morning we had breakfast Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 25, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro - Day 2, Part 2After Santa Teresa we went to see the Lapa steps. An artist named Jorge Selaron began renovating the steps in 1990 using tiles. It cost him a lot of money to keep up so people from all around the world Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 24, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro - Day 2 Part 1You'll be pleased to know that the cheese and ham toasties went well this morning! No fruit though as we got up a little later, so another trip to the supermarket for fruit, water and nutella - the kitchen in Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 24, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro - Day 1We woke around 8.30am, after broken but not bad sleep. To be expected really when we're not used to sleeping in a building with this many people.
The room and our tiny bathroom (by the way, I have no idea Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 23, 2013
- Arriving in Rio de JaneiroThe flight to Rio was 12 hours. Andrew said it felt it, but it wasn't too bad with inflight movies, two meals and drinks and snacks throughout. Plus I wrote the last post, which helped to kill the time too. Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 22, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro - Let the games begin!!!After a few months of planning we finally arrived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on the 29th of December 2012. After hearing horror stories and being warned not to leave the hostel with ANYTHING we were pretty anxious arriving at Posted by Julie Kavanagh in Beyond the harbour | Jan 11, 2013
- Brazil - Foz do IguaçuAfter a long overnght bus from Sao Paulo, we arrived in Foz do Iguaçu in readiness for one of South America´s big attractions...Iguazu Falls. Every traveller that we had passed recommend we saw the falls from both the Brazillian and Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Dec 30, 2012
- Brazil - São PauloIt was time to escape the burning heat in Paraty and we caught a bus to São Pulo, Brazil's largest city, with a population of over 19.5 million! It is big!
There is no stand out attraction in São Paulo, but Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Dec 28, 2012
- Brazil - ParatyChristmas was looming, so we booked ourselves into a big hostel in Paraty, to meet some people and have some fun.
Paraty itself is a small town on the coast of Brazil, only a few hours from Ilha Grande, full of Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Dec 25, 2012
- Brazil - Ilha GrandeWe enjoyed a little holiday from our travels in Ilha Grande, with pristine beaches, many walks in green lush rainforest and a relaxed atmosphere we soaked it all up. Finding ourselves a lovely little posada (guesthouse) called Velho Guerreico, with Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Dec 22, 2012
- Brazil - Rio de JaneiroWow what a city, Rio de Janeiro tops our list of big South American cities, by a long way! Beautiful beaches, mountains, rainforest, friendly people and a great vibe. We met up with some friends here who lined us up Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Dec 16, 2012
- Brazil - Manaus We disembarked our river boat, our home for the last four days, and with all our belongings accounted for walked into Manaus. We arrived at our accommodation with our faces matching the colour of tomatoes. It was hot, especially trekking Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Dec 9, 2012
- The Mighty Amazon River, Leticia to ManausNeighbouring Leticia is the town of Tabatinga in Brazil where all river boats leave from. After jumping on board to buy our tickets, it was nice to see that the boat was new and slightly more impressive than we had Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Dec 7, 2012
- Happy New Year's from 30,000 feetIt's the last day of 2012 and as I watch the sun come up over the palm trees for the last day of our trip to Brasil, I have to look back and think that it was another great year Posted by colincampbell in Endless Summer 2013 | Dec 31, 2012
- Feliz Natal!First of all, Merry Christmas and Feliz Natal to all of our friends and family wherever you are, we wish you the best for the season and hope everyone is happy and healthy.
If you followed our blog and our adventures Posted by colincampbell in Endless Summer 2013 | Dec 25, 2012