- Carnival TipsThe alternative tourist is always on the hunt for an unorthodox yet effective way to experience a culture or event. While in the Sambadrome the parade and atmosphere was lively at times, the activities just before the entrance and Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Mar 3, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro, BrazilEveryone has their own idea of what Carnival is. In Rio, to us it looked like it meant mixing all of your holidays into one… imagine Thanksgiving Day Parade floats filled with cross-dressing Halloween costumes, the amount of drinking Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 28, 2013
- JericoacoaraArrived at Jijoca by bus after a 5 hours ride from Fortaleza into a massive storm, where we had to change buses. Everyone was a bit confused as the company promised a 4x4 transfer what we didnt know was it Posted by Audleetravels in Audleetravels | Feb 28, 2013
- BrasilBrasil was originally not on my planning, but convinced by other travellers and driven by the urge to see what all this carnival is about, I decided to go anyway. And what a good decision, Brasil has been extreme in Posted by tombroekaert in Tom in South-America | Feb 25, 2013
Foz do Iguaçu is the Brazilian city on the boarder of Argentina where you can go to see the iguazu falls. We spent the night there as it was cheaper to fly out of there Posted by karenandbyron in The Goves' Travel Diaries | Feb 22, 2013
- Foz de Iguazu, BrazilWe had our fill of the falls in Argentina so skipped the Brazil side. Instead we paid a visit to the largest hydro-powered dam in the world, Itapu Dam (soon to be exceeded by Three Gorges Dam in China). Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 21, 2013
- ParaguayWe spent three nights in Paraguay during the Brazilian Carnival holiday. After a unfulfilling day trip to Ciudad del Este when we were in Iguaçu I wasn't sure what to expect from Asuncion, but I loved it. From the moment Posted by jessiquinha in Brazilerated | Feb 18, 2013
- Buzios to FortalezaSaid goodbye to Rio with both excitement for whats to come and happiness to escape the hectic time that is Canival, sightseeing and partying!
4.5 hours later arrived in a tranquil sleepy town of Buzios, the hamptons of Rio, and Posted by Audleetravels in Audleetravels | Feb 17, 2013
- Wrapping Up SA in RioBuenos Aires (take 2). After 8 days travelling though Patagonia, we headed back to Buenos Aires and stayed at a lively hostel called America del Sur. On our one full day in Buenos Aires, we walked to the Teatro Posted by mcpherson.nyc in Kirkwood Adrift | Feb 16, 2013
- Carnaval: Rio de JaneiroThe smell of sweat mixed with the rush of colors as thousands crammed into a small aisle, all dressed in various costumes that would shame Halloween, with the sounds of cheering and chanting of different samba songs filling the air. Posted by jessho in Tour de America del Sur | Feb 16, 2013
- Rio Part 2 Lee wanted to make a quick comment:
England 2 Brazil 1 - oh what a joyous night it was to be in a bar in Rio. And to all my Irish friends: unlucky in the Rugby.
End of comment! ( Sorry bout Posted by Audleetravels in Audleetravels | Feb 14, 2013
- Rio de JanieroToday was a big day. We awoke quite excited as today is our day at the Sambadrome to watch the Carnivale.
But here is the video of the street party.
We had other sightseeing to do this morning though, so Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Feb 13, 2013
- Foz do Iguacu - Day 12It seems like the nice hostels have rubbish breakfasts (apart from Casa Curitba) and the bad hostels have good breakfasts. Anyway, after sleeping on top of towels on the bed without decent air conditioning, it was a good start the Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Feb 3, 2013
- Curitiba to Foz do Iguacu - Day 11Breakfast this morning was cheese and ham again, different kinds of cake and fruit. The woman who either runs or owns the hostel is so lovely and wants to make sure you're happy all the time...she reminds us of someone Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Feb 2, 2013
- Bonito: Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil
I suppose on hindsight it might have been a mistake to cross over from the cheapest country in South America to the most expensive, especially with prices soaring for Carnival period. H Posted by jessho in Tour de America del Sur | Feb 11, 2013
- Rio de Janiero9th February
Last night we went out to dinner and there were people everywhere in fancy dress celebrating the Carnivale. One block down from us there were celebrations in full swing with dancing and music. It was really nice as it Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Feb 10, 2013
- Curitiba - Day 10Early start this morning to get the 8.15am train on the Serra Verde Express to Morretes, so we missed breakfast. We'd read about the train - the only reason we came to Curitiba - online and was told it was Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Feb 1, 2013
- Rio Part 12 hrs later and we arrived in Rio De Janeiro for some serious sightseeing and carnival celebrations all week. Staying at Casa Cool Beans, where the owners just cant do enough for you, thanks Lance and David! Home away from Posted by Audleetravels in Audleetravels | Feb 9, 2013
- Salvador Got a free upgrade to business class at the gate - oh how i love Emirates. Made an endless journey bearable and fly by, thank god.
Arrived in Barra Salvador quite late at night and absolutely wrecked so straight to Posted by Audleetravels in Audleetravels | Feb 9, 2013
- São Paulo to Curitiba - Day 9I realised we haven't shown any pictures of our hostel so here are a couple. Here's our tiny bedroom (Andrew's back is pretty much against the wall!), toilet with John and Yoko watching over us and a nicely tiled little Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 31, 2013
- Rio de Janiero to Paraty and back againWell we are back in Rio where we now have good internet coverage, so here are our adventures for the last few days.
When we awoke this morning the first thing we did was have a look out of our Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Feb 8, 2013
- São Paulo - Day 8We only had one full day in Sao Paulo, as we were using it as a stopping point between Paraty and Curitba really, but we wanted to make the most of it so we got up early, had toast for Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 30, 2013
- Tropical Beach Paradise in BrasilThis entry starts at our first stop in Brasil, the island of Florianopolis. Floripa, is one of those places all travellers we have met along the way rave on about and anyone that visits here always ends up extending Posted by Scott-Georgie in Georgie & Scott in South America | Feb 4, 2013
- Paraty to São Paulo - Day 7We're now a week into our travels and the only downsides so far are:
Not enough wifi signal to Skype for last 4 days
Itchy mosquito bites
Wet clothes that won't dry
I'm also tying to keep tabs on our money Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Jan 29, 2013
- day 146?oh wow. Its been too long.... so much to update on. Last time I wrote I had just met up with Louie and we were figuring out our plans....
We ended up going straight back down to Mancora and spent Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Feb 3, 2013