- Day 8: Rio de Janeiro This morning we drove from Buzios back to Rio de Janeiro, about a 3hr drive.
When we got to Rio the first thing we did was see the Christo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer) statue. It was built between 1922 and 1931 Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 20, 2013
- Day 7: BuziosI had a lazy start this morning. Slept in, and then lounged by the pool. At midday we took a trolley tour along the coast line to see all the small beaches scattered along the peninsula.
A Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 20, 2013
- Day 6: BuziosToday was a very early (3am) start. We flew from Iguassu to Rio de Janeiro (4hrs) and then drove 3hrs along the coast to Buzios.
We went for a short walk along the board walk, and then had dinner. It was Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 20, 2013
- Day 4: Iguazu FallsOff to an early start this morning. We caught the bus to Buenos Aires airport, then flew for about 1 1/2 hours to the Argentine side of Iguazu, then took the bus across the border into Brazil. We went Posted by sarahfaithfull in Sarah's Trip 2013 | Oct 19, 2013
- Sao Paulo for the weekendSao Paulo is quite possibly one of the ugliest cities we've encountered. Even to the locals it is known as a monster. However, the city's unattractiveness is what gives it it's charm. Ibirapuera park, however, is one spot of beauty Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Oct 16, 2013
- Sight seeing in RioWe arrived in Rio midnight local time after an uneventful 11 hour flight across the atlantic. We were greeted by pouring rain, not something that we have seen since as we were woken the next morning by clear blue skies Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Oct 14, 2013
- Brazil - September 2013Beginning three weeks in Brazil. Left Atlanta at 10PM on September 7, 2014 and arrived at 9:30AM on September 8, 2013. This is my first trip to South America. Passport control was quick and I was soon on the bus Posted by goodearth in Interesting Journeys | Oct 10, 2013
- First day in RioIt's the end of the afternoon on our first day in Rio. We have mostly just been walking around today and spent the morning walking up and down Ipanema beach, where we had coconuts, watched the surfers, volley ball players Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Oct 8, 2013
- Ilha Grande, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
We took the ferry to Ilha Grande where after an hour and a half of navigating through the most picturesque islands and s Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Oct 6, 2013
- Paraty, BrazilOur 120 mile bus journey from São Paulo did not take six hours, but seven. To be fair, it was mountain roads and foggy but it still dragged.
After our last accommodation, this next one felt like a five star hotel Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Oct 4, 2013
- São PauloHi, it's Chris. So far I've only been proofreader and Zoë's been writing the blog but I thought I'd give this one a go so here goes...
We arrived in São Paulo after a 16 hour overnight bus ride from Iguassu Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Oct 2, 2013
- Baleia part 3The last two weeks we spent in baleia were taken up with us trying to learn how to kite surf. We had 6 lessons booked 3 each week.
The first day we learnt how to fly a small kite 1.5 Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Sep 28, 2013
- Iguassu Falls, Brazil and Argentina and the Itaipu DamTuesday 24th September - let the border hopping commence: Paraguay - Brazil
We left for the Brazilian side of Iguassu Falls from Ciudad del Este in Paraguay first thing in morning. The journey is only about 20-30km, yet took us Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Sep 28, 2013
- Favela tour, almost hang gliding and samba club[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/542889C92219AC68171368931F80E328.j Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 25, 2013
- Copacabana, Ipanema and Jardin Botanica[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/90_320B77D82219AC68178E9F1CA07FEEDE.j Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 23, 2013
- Sugarloaf and marmosets[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/35C97C2F2219AC68173595010460F8CC.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/thumb_35C97C2F2219AC6817359501046 Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 22, 2013
- Death defying taxi to the middle of nowhereThis morning I was up at 4.30. The jet lag has not worn off yet so my body clock is crazy. It was hot and I was feeling itchy and irritated so I snuck out of bed at 6 for Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 19, 2013
- Escada selaron. Today I woke up at 5.30 after an early night and was really excited to go out and explore. Brad wanted me to go back to sleep so I wouldn't be too tired tonight but I could hear the city Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 18, 2013
- Flying and arrivingThe flight from Perth to Rio via Dubai was not a lot of fun. To be completely honest I hate flying at the best of times and was hoping just to get some sleep but didn't get much at all. Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 18, 2013
- Baleia part 2Ok so we wont be updating very much for the next two weeks will post some more photos. We have our first kite surfing lesson today, though not the best day to try to learn something new we are both Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Sep 9, 2013
- Praia da BaleiaGeschafft! Nach 24 Stunden unterwegs (14 davon im Bus, den Rest wartend), sind wir endlich in Baleia, einem 100(?) Seelendorf angekommen. Unsere Mission hier: Arbeit, oder so aehnlich... Wir passen auf zwei Hunde (Nemo und Fischer) auf und duerfen dafuer Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Sep 8, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro
So we arrived in Rio very tired, we were picked up by the mother of the girl whose apartment we were staying in (Santa Theresa). Not the best area of Rio but close to most things Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Sep 8, 2013
- Out with a bang in Salvador ==Bang! Boom! Bang! Boom!==
I love the sound of percussion on mass. I love how the sound vibrates through your body, like a good spring clean for the soul. Lucky for me we had arrived at one of the world’s drum Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Sep 6, 2013
- I'm sexy and I know it: Rio de JaneiroRio de Janeiro, baby! The world’s party capital, where the people are beautiful and the beaches breathtaking. A place of stunning wealth yet unbelievable poverty. While the city is neither Brazil’s biggest nor the capital it’s certainly the country’s most Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Aug 28, 2013
- Perfectly ParatyAfter more than 24 miserable hours in transit we found ourselves in the little town of Paraty on Brazil’s Costa Verde (green coast). We were well rewarded for our marathon journey from Iguazu falls. This place was paradise and had Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Aug 20, 2013