In 1990, Chilean-born artist Jorge Selaron decided he was fed up with his front garden and popped down to his local B&Q to spruce it up. L Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jun 27, 2013
- TodayBut somehow our 4-month trip has turned into just today.
David and I talked about it last night. David said that at home he would often say, "Oh this happened last month" and the time felt so short because every Posted by smweaver24 in Wooden Nickels | Jun 24, 2013
- Rio RiotsFootball in Brazil is a phenomenon, you could say its even bigger than Jesus, and he is as big as they get here in Rio.
When looking at our South American tour, we lo Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jun 21, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro, BrazilMy flight left Buenos Aires at 9:30pm and arrived in Rio de Janeiro at 12:20am. That was an easy flight of 2 hours and 50 minutes, no turbulence or issues and was extremely cheap, only $356.62 as a total on Posted by mromeiro96 in My Dream Trip Around The World | Jun 9, 2013
- South America - Brazil ==Day One: Christ the Redeemer==
Hello there traveler! Austin here and welcome to my first of many travel blog enteires. Today I arrived in Rio de Janerio, Brazil and i spent the day sight seeing and experiencing the city. I have Posted by bluejaysrule in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro July 11-13 ==Day 1==
We have arrived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! It is super warm here too! The region of South America has to have the best weather. Constantly warm and sunny with nothing to ruin your day! I can not believe Posted by oliviiaaaaaaa in My Dream Trip Around The World | May 25, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (13th - 16th May)This weirdly feels like a long time ago now - maybe because we're back on a different continent - so apologies if it's lacking in some details, it's just my memory failing me.
We flew into Rio and then got a Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | May 20, 2013
- Iguazu FallsWe arrived into a wet Foz do Iguacu early the next morning. Luckily we were able to check into our hostel as soon as we arrived and after a quick breakfast we set off for the Brazilian side of the Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | May 20, 2013
- The Marvelous City
After walking for so many hours in Buenos Aires, Argentina, there’s no better way to relax than on the Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. A friend of Posted by ZK_15 in My Dream Trip around the World | May 4, 2013
- One Week in Rio de JaneiroSo we've had a great week staying with my Aunt and Uncle in Rio. We've been to lots of beaches, up Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf and gained about 2 stone thanks to my Aunts great cooking. It was Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | May 19, 2013
- Santa Catarina IslandAfter what felt like an eternity on our mahusive bus, especcially as apparently adhering to bus schedules is irrelevant, we arrived in Florianopolis - the main city on Santa Catarina island. This island sounded amazing: full of beaches, great food, Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | May 15, 2013
- ParatyEventually our boat from Ilha Grande moved again and we arrived on shore and then had a van ride to Paraty, a coastal town with an historic town centre and a myriad of beaches in the surrounding islands and all Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | May 11, 2013
- Ilha GrandeWe had arranged a transfer to the island of Ilhe Grande. A stunning, car free paradise with 102 beaches off the coast of Brazil. The bus that took us there was quite funny. We had a crazy little brazilian driver Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | May 11, 2013
- Rio de JanieroWe flew into Rio before the sun had risen but as we looked down we could see a city that was definitely awake. The highways were jammed with cars and the lights from houses flickered as we flew past. As Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | May 9, 2013
- Day 0 - Rio airportFlying at night is clearly the way forwards, dinner and wine, toss and turn for a while then wake up to breakfast and arrival.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/552160/13674888 Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | May 7, 2013
- Getting back to NatureSeven years ago, on our very first overseas adventure together, we met two loca Belgian sisters with whom we spent a very fun week with in Cambodia. We only spent a few days together, but they proved to be such Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Apr 27, 2013
- Cidade Maravilhosa
Rio. Wow. The city certainly lived up to the tagline of the ‘marvelous city’, at least in our eyes. It is possibly, scratch that - definitely the most visually spectacular city we have laid Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Apr 16, 2013
- Brasil! Brazil and in particular Rio de Janeiro was the fitting end to this grand trip. First a dash via Porto Alegre to Florianopolis and the amazing Ilha de Santa Catarina of Florianopolis. From there to Blumenau, a strange German – Posted by freddop in Vagabundeando -surfing the Panamericana | Apr 16, 2013
- Hello Brazil!
We somewhat underestimated how much time we might need to traipse our way up to Rio where we had a plane to catch to the Pantanal on 13 April.
This meant that we only had time for Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Apr 15, 2013
As arraial do cabo is three hours north of Rio and Paraty is four and a half hours south of Rio, we had a full day of traveling ahead of us. Had there been a direct bus we might have Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Apr 2, 2013
- Arraial do cabo
I have found one of my most favorite beach-towns in the world. Correction: my MOST favorite beach-town. (Side note: Rio de Janeiro does not fall under the "town" category).
The water ranges from bright, light blue to turquoise and darker Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Apr 2, 2013
- De verrassing van Brazilië, deel 2Ons bezoek aan de Pantanal moest het hoogtepunt van onze trip doorheen Brazilië worden. Zowel Thijs en ik keken er erg naar uit... We hadden een interessant verslag gelezen in een van de reisgidsen dat beschreef hoe je vanuit het Posted by saar30s in A flapper's journey | Mar 30, 2013
- Lapa!It's a sunny Saturday morning and my head is slightly foggy after a 3am in Lapa.
Lapa is full of samba bars and everyone sings and dances to samba without having a care in the world.
The streets are full of street Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Latin Adventure | Mar 30, 2013
- Rio!!Its Friday evening now (Good friday) and we've been in Rio since Sunday evening.
We've packed a fair bit in already - did a favela tour (which was really interesting), visited the Botanic Gardens, went up to the Christ the Redeemer Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Latin Adventure | Mar 29, 2013
- Coffeeeeeeeeee!!!!!In brazil it is the custom to drink tiny cups of coffe. Espresso? No, tiny cups of coffee a bit weaker than (weak) drip-coffee. Also, since there don't appear to be cups of porcelain/sustainable material made tiny enough (or, maybe Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Mar 26, 2013