- The first of the 80 winesA red from Chile Vinho Tinto do Memento
6.5 out of ten Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 10, 2015
- First Del Boy CocktailA Strawberry and Tangerine Caipirinha.
In the end I drank it as he said there was too much fruit in it! Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 10, 2015
- A capital timeSam
We flew without incident from Foz do Iguaçu, to São Paulo, then to Brasilia. Actually, there was a hairy moment, when our plane seemed to pull out of its landing coming in to São Paulo, and then it took the Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Dec 9, 2015
- Don Bosco SanctuaryMy next destination brought me to the city of Brasilia, Brazil. The city id found in the top half of South America, and the lower centre of Brazil. This is quite a large city, at about 5,800 square kilometres. The Posted by Nesawf in Cognitive Distinction | Dec 9, 2015
- Water FallsWe flew from Montevideo to Puerto Iguazu via Buenos Aires. It was our third time entering Argentina - earlier we'd come in via Ecuador and then Chile.
Anyway, we got in after 10pm, but could still definitely feel the difference in Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Dec 5, 2015
- Zurück in die Zukunft: Brasilia
Nach zwei Wochen Badeplausch stand nun die letzte Hauptstadt unserer Weltreise auf dem Programm: Brasilia. Diese Planstadt, die 1960 Rio de Janeiro als Hauptstadt ablöste, war ein Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Dec 4, 2015
- Rio De Janeiro & Sao Thome Das Letras - BrazilThe beginning of our South America trip :) ....
After a few delays and rescheduling on different flights we made it to Rio around 9am.... About 23 hours of airports and planes. We took a cheap shuttle van to our hostel Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Nov 29, 2015
- Iguazu Falls Pt 3Everyone I spoke to (who expressed a preference) said that the Brazilian side has the best views. Almost all the falls are in Argentina but you get to see them best from a distance. This is a shame as the Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Nov 17, 2015
- Leaving DenverI left Denver on November 20th and flew to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
I arrived at the airport and smelled the humid warm air and experienced
my first visit to South America.
Brazil is a large and di Posted by Cottfarm in South American Adventure | Nov 17, 2015
[center]==Basilica de Aparecida==[/center]
[center]==Chapada dos Gumaraes==[/center]
Posted by shanice.leader in My Virtual Travel Blog | Nov 10, 2015
- Der Küste entlang dem Ende entgegenSeit unserer Rückkehr sind schon wieder einige Wochen verstrichen und die allerletzten Beiträge stehen noch aus. Deshalb bringen wir nun etwas brasilianische Sonne in die kürzer werdenden Herbsttage!
Nach unserem Ausflug in das Amazonasgebiet ging es M Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Nov 4, 2015
- Survivor - Amazon JungleThe hammocks were relatively comfortable, and I only woke up once or twice during the night. The howler monkeys started their calling around 4am and sunrise wasn't far behind.
After dawn we all got up and enjoyed a breakfast of Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Oct 15, 2015
- Overnight in the Amazon jungleAfter an early night we were up before dawn for a sunrise canoe trip. We saw more dolphins, lots of birds and could hear the howler monkeys with their deep throated call greeting the new day. The sunrise itself was Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Oct 3, 2015
- Rural Amazonian life and cayman catchingThis morning we had a simple breakfast of buns (bread in Brazil is quite dry and crumbly) with fried eggs and watermelon to finish off with. Around mid-morning we headed off for a canoe trip to visit a local family, Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Jul 25, 2015
- Out into the wild AmazonAfter a relatively solid night of sleep, I was super thankful that I actually felt ok - thank you Jesus! David was there to pick us up at 8am to drive us to the wharf and it was already hot Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Jul 24, 2015
- En route to ManausIt was a very early start today with a 7.30am flight back to Sao Paolo, a 1hr stopover and then a four hour flight, arriving at 1.30pm. Manaus was hot and humid, quite the contrast to cool and cloudy Foz. Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Jul 23, 2015
- Buffalo BeachlifeLiebe Lese-Gemeinde! Wir haben bereits seit drei Wochen wieder heimischen Boden unter den Füssen. Nachdem der erste Stress vorüber ist, möchten wir euch unsere letzten Abenteuer in Brasilien, diesem wunderbaren und vielseitigen Land, natürlich nicht voren Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | Aug 28, 2015
- Experiencing Iguassu Falls!We managed to get up at a reasonable hour, feeling much better than the first day. Today we were heading off to see the Iguassu Falls (or Cataratas do Iguaçu in Portuguese) from the Brazilian side. The falls form part Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Aug 10, 2015
- Jet lag and finding our feet in Foz do IguasuThis morning we managed to get up at 9.00am, and get down to breakfast at 9.30am which closed at 10.00am. The hotel is great, with a well appointed room, an excellent shower and a nice view over a semi-rural part Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Jul 20, 2015
- Zwei Gringos in São PauloUnsere erste Station in Brasilien, dem (leider!!!) letzten Land unserer Weltreise, war São Paulo. Dieser Moloch steht aus touristischer Sicht zu Unrecht im Schatten seiner glamourösen Schwester Rio de Janeiro. Für uns war dieser Umstand natürlich u Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Jul 28, 2015
- The adventure beginsSo after months of planning and narrowing down options of places to see and things to do, we finally left wintery Perth on Monday morning and embarked on our adventures. As usual, the lead up to our departure was crazy, Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Jul 24, 2015
- Sao Paulo, BrazilNow that I have arrived from Montevideo to Sao Paulo after the two hour and thirty minute flight which spanned approximately 1940km. While in Sao Paulo I am going to be staying for two days and ill be staying at Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015
- On the look out for wildlife in The PantanalTuesday
Up bright n breezy today to check out and get on the minibus at 7.30 to take us to the Pantanal, I'm really looking forward to this bit, I'm hoping to see lots of lovely animals. The Pantanal is the Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 31, 2015
- Bonito, BrazilBonito, Brazil
We arrived in Bonito at about 7.30 and the hotel was very nice. The rooms weren't ready for us yet but they had out breakfast on for us which was well needed. We were all a bit quiet Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 29, 2015
- Stunning Iguassu Falls and jumping out of a plane! Friday
Hooray the hangover is much better today , although not completely gone - what's with two day hangovers when you get older??
The Hotel Del Ray in Foz de Iguacu is lovely - a proper hotel, which even though I've Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 29, 2015