- Rio de JanieroWe flew into Rio before the sun had risen but as we looked down we could see a city that was definitely awake. The highways were jammed with cars and the lights from houses flickered as we flew past. As Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | May 9, 2013
- Day 0 - Rio airportFlying at night is clearly the way forwards, dinner and wine, toss and turn for a while then wake up to breakfast and arrival.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/552160/13674888 Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | May 7, 2013
- Getting back to NatureSeven years ago, on our very first overseas adventure together, we met two loca Belgian sisters with whom we spent a very fun week with in Cambodia. We only spent a few days together, but they proved to be such Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Apr 27, 2013
- Cidade Maravilhosa
Rio. Wow. The city certainly lived up to the tagline of the ‘marvelous city’, at least in our eyes. It is possibly, scratch that - definitely the most visually spectacular city we have laid Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Apr 16, 2013
- Brasil! Brazil and in particular Rio de Janeiro was the fitting end to this grand trip. First a dash via Porto Alegre to Florianopolis and the amazing Ilha de Santa Catarina of Florianopolis. From there to Blumenau, a strange German – Posted by freddop in Vagabundeando -surfing the Panamericana | Apr 16, 2013
- Hello Brazil!
We somewhat underestimated how much time we might need to traipse our way up to Rio where we had a plane to catch to the Pantanal on 13 April.
This meant that we only had time for Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Apr 15, 2013
As arraial do cabo is three hours north of Rio and Paraty is four and a half hours south of Rio, we had a full day of traveling ahead of us. Had there been a direct bus we might have Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Apr 2, 2013
- Arraial do cabo
I have found one of my most favorite beach-towns in the world. Correction: my MOST favorite beach-town. (Side note: Rio de Janeiro does not fall under the "town" category).
The water ranges from bright, light blue to turquoise and darker Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Apr 2, 2013
- De verrassing van Brazilië, deel 2Ons bezoek aan de Pantanal moest het hoogtepunt van onze trip doorheen Brazilië worden. Zowel Thijs en ik keken er erg naar uit... We hadden een interessant verslag gelezen in een van de reisgidsen dat beschreef hoe je vanuit het Posted by saar30s in A flapper's journey | Mar 30, 2013
- Lapa!It's a sunny Saturday morning and my head is slightly foggy after a 3am in Lapa.
Lapa is full of samba bars and everyone sings and dances to samba without having a care in the world.
The streets are full of street Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Latin Adventure | Mar 30, 2013
- Rio!!Its Friday evening now (Good friday) and we've been in Rio since Sunday evening.
We've packed a fair bit in already - did a favela tour (which was really interesting), visited the Botanic Gardens, went up to the Christ the Redeemer Posted by cooneys in Simon & Michelle's Latin Adventure | Mar 29, 2013
- Coffeeeeeeeeee!!!!!In brazil it is the custom to drink tiny cups of coffe. Espresso? No, tiny cups of coffee a bit weaker than (weak) drip-coffee. Also, since there don't appear to be cups of porcelain/sustainable material made tiny enough (or, maybe Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Mar 26, 2013
- SANTAREM, BRAZIL
Buy your hammock here, for your house guests and your next river voyage!
S Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Mar 25, 2013
- AMAZONIAN STOWAWAYS
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/17E0005B2219AC681700CD8F83E27A Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Mar 24, 2013
- BOCA DE VALERIA, BRAZIL
There are 75 or so river people in this tiny town on the Valeria River. During the rainy season they welcome tourists to see where and how they live.
[img=http:// Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Mar 23, 2013
- MANAUS, BRAZIL
Sunset on the Amazon - as we set sail for Manaus, which is roughly 1000 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, and will be our turn- around port.
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Mar 22, 2013
- Manaus, BrazilManaus is an interesting city because it is really in the middle of nowhere, yet, it is big enough to be hosting some of the World Cup Football matches in 2014. It sprung up out of nowhere due to the Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Mar 22, 2013
- PARINTINS, BRAZIL
This riverside city of 50,000 is on an island in the longest archipelago of the mid-Amazon. Our tender ride to the floating port was piloted with care because of all t Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Mar 21, 2013
- ALTER do CHAO, BRAZIL
This spectacular guy was clinging in the rain to the outside of one of the ship's windows.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/4CE706242219AC68179C057C8A Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Mar 20, 2013
- AMAZON RIVER
Here are some random pictures of the shores of the Amazon taken as we sail toward our ports of call. This is the rainy season, and the waters that start in the Andes M Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Mar 19, 2013
- De verrassing van Brazilië, deel 1Het moment brak aan om afscheid te nemen van Zina in Buenos Aires. We eindigden met twee volle dagen in elkaars gezelschap en deden wat we altijd hebben gedaan: het normale Argentijnse leven leiden. We gingen naar de supermarkt waar Posted by saar30s in A flapper's journey | Mar 18, 2013
- Last night in Rio!Everybody talks about Rio. Everybody loves Rio. Everyone lights up and their eyes fill with happiness and longing when we say we are going to Rio. Everyone. Loves. Rio.
Honestly, I had gotten a little tired of the rest of Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | Mar 18, 2013
- ST. PATRICK'S DAY ON THE AMAZON
In the late afternoon on Saturday, March 16th we entered the legendary Amazon River. It is 200 miles wide at the mouth! We knew we were in the right area when we saw t Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Mar 17, 2013
- Juma Lake, Amazonas, BrazilOne of the most fascinating things about visiting the Amazon is realizing how much water there is. The river/lake water level fluctuates by as much as 12 meters (40 feet) and since we visited in the middle of the rainy Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Mar 17, 2013
- Sao Paulo, BrazilSao Paulo is in the top 10 most expensive cities in the world to live in, and from our new friend Gustavo’s balcony we could watch people FLYING to a nearby meeting in their helicopters… it was kinda crazy. Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Mar 17, 2013