- Day 23 - Start of the QuartersWe definitely need a soccer fix - and luckily there are two Quarter Final games today. From here on out, I have a team to pull for in every game, so that is good. We were trying Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Last stop in Brazil - Sao PauloArrived in Sao Paulo on Thursday. Luckily my hotel was walking distance from the airport so was able to settle in quickly (and have a lovely hot shower). The city has not got a great reputation and it certainly looks Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jul 5, 2014
- Day 22 - A second rest dayOk, so it is probably good to start weening off of soccer - after all, the Cup will be over in a couple of weeks. And we return in a few short days. But for now, we head Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 4, 2014
- Iguassu Falls part 1Left Curitiba on Monday to head to Fox de Iguassu. Was recommended this place by John and it turned out to be a great place to stay - a hostel in the countryside in natural surroundings and near the falls.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/67550 Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jul 3, 2014
- Day 21 - No games? That Changes Everything"That Changes Everything" is a line that Ivan has been promoting (churning) the whole trip and so finally it makes it into the blog. We are now down to only 3 as Phil & Kate left late last night. Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 3, 2014
- Day 20 - Last of Round of 16 gamesWe walk to a different area of town this morning to reach the Cathedral (but it is an adventure in and of itself to find a sidewalk) and cross some busy streets. But the sights are interesting and we Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 2, 2014
- Day 19 - Game Day - Fra v NigToday is our Round of 16 game, France vs Nigeria, should be a good one. Do you know Phil? What is so special about this picture?
We have some extra tickets to sell, s Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 2, 2014
- Last group game and The Amazon!==Curitiba==
We are staying in a gorgeous apartment with our host Luciano who is so, so nice! We are on the 22nd floor and have an incredible view of the city! We had an awesome sleep last night Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | Jul 1, 2014
- Day 18 - Tourist stuff in Brasilia
We head Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 1, 2014
- A quiet day in CuritibaAfter watching the Brazil v Chile game I headed into my hotel. Unfortunately the weather was more Barnsley than Brazil. It rained heavily later when I went out to eat.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/675503/IMG_20140628_210119.jpg caption=An unu Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jun 30, 2014
- Just like watching BrazilHaving said goodbye to John who has to go back to London, I headed off to the airport to fly to Curitiba. The plan was to arrive in time to watch Brazil v Chile when I arrived. However there were Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jun 30, 2014
- Day 17 - Knock out gamesSo Brasilia feels quite different than Rio or Salvador. The capital was built in the middle of nowhere in the 50's & 60's. So it is spacious and open - reminds one of a more western city - Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 29, 2014
- Flying down to Rio
After getting savissied* out of my he Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jun 29, 2014
- Day 16 - Day of "Rest"We leave Rio and head for Brasilia today - no games to interfere, so it should be somewhat relaxing, except for the packing up and such. Leaving the hotel in Rio - we had a nice time here...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/60589/IMG_0572.jpg thum Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 28, 2014
- Day 15 - Could not get thereWe just could not find any flights that worked - as it turned out with the weather, we probably would have had too much trouble trying to get there (and moving to Brasilia tomorrow). The TV stations were showing Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 28, 2014
- Day 14 - RedemptionDean headed back to Salvador early in the morning for his departure tomorrow. Even though there are knock out games today, we wanted to visit the Christ the Redeemer statue, so we had to take the time could get, Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 27, 2014
- Day 13 - At the Copa, CopacabanaWe headed out early so we could see the the beaches and maybe still catch the early game (ITA-URU), figured we would be back here in time for the COL-JAP game. We took the subway, well, because we Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 26, 2014
- Day 12 - Start of Double GamesWe get up early to do some sightseeing before the games today. Ivan appears to have the lucky 1 day version of being ill (I'm still working on mine :( ). We decide to explore on foot and see Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 25, 2014
- Match day in FortalezaHad a good time in Natal where I met a great Aussie couple. Watched the Oz v Holland game with them (and their pet kangaroo "Kevin" who was a hit with the locals). The beers and caiparinhas are going down Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jun 24, 2014
- Day 11 - GAME DAY - Bel v RusWe have a limited number of tickets to the historic Maracanã: it's Ivan & Diana and Phil & I that go to the game. Gwen, Kate and Dean head out to try
the Sugar Loaf again.... More about Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 23, 2014
- Brazil[float=right][/float]The first day in Brazil we explored two totally different yet similar attractions – man made Itaipu Dam and natural Iguazu Falls.
Itaipu Dam is the second biggest Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Jun 23, 2014
- Day 10 - On to RIOActually, we learned this a while back, but perhaps you had not heard this before - the R is kind of an H sound in Brazil. The flight to Rio was fine, just the way you like it Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 22, 2014
- Day 09 - GAME DAY - Sui v FraVacation time is odd - the days seem to last forever at first, now that it is our last day in Salvador, it seems like there's so much that didn't get done.... Gwen and I finally venture out to Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 22, 2014
- Day 08 - GAME DAY - ColumbiaAs you can imagine, the 3:30am alarm came quite early. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling any better yet either. But niece of the apt owner who had agreed to take us to the airport was right on time. She Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 20, 2014
- Day 07 - SightseeingOkay so today is the day for seeing Pelourinho (the Old Town). And as luck would have it, my day to be ill - so the blog maybe a bit wanting, trying to complete before an early bedtime - Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 19, 2014