- Transportation TroublesThis morning, Alyssa and I woke up, ran some errands, and found an adorable coffee shop named Boulangerie Guerin to make up for our Starbucks visit earlier this week. Kyle and Erin slept in since our first event was not Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 8, 2016
- Fencing, Table Tennis, and Gymnastics!Day two of my Olympic adventure here in Rio!
Another early morning as I had to make my way to the Barra Olympic Park by 9am for fencing. I had to take the Metro Line 4, which is brand new Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 7, 2016
- Ole, ole, ole, ole, Marta, Marta!We have decided every day of this trip will include a minor kerfuffle. Today, we went to the Cosport (authorized ticket seller for USA and some other countries) ticket pick up which our Canadian friends from the Christ the Redeemer Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 8, 2016
- Archery... and a sunburnToday was the first day of the Olympics!
Last night I slept rather well… until around 4am when one of the roommates began to snore quite loudly. It gave me flashbacks to the roommate I had throughout my tour of Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 6, 2016
- Sugarloaf Mountain, but no sight of Jaws or James BondThe past two days have been incredibly LONG and tiring. To begin with, I had some last-minute change of packing plans, which stressed me to no end. My sister, niece Jane and nephew Jack were in town visiting Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 5, 2016
- Rio Day 1The Rio adventure began when I received a text saying Erin and Kyle got upgraded to first class on their Dallas to Miami flight. Meanwhile, it took Alyssa and me three Ubers to get to the Bush airport in Houston. Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 5, 2016
- Another Weekend in Paradise Hey everyone!
As you can imagine, i’m having a terrible time out here. Just kidding, i’m having the time of my life to say the least! We already had our first tests in Management and in MIS. They went really well Posted by evanminas in Brazil Global Cohort 2016 | Jul 6, 2016
- The First Few DaysIt is hard to believe that I am across the world in one of the most beautiful beach cities in the world. I know it has been over a week since I have gotten here but I have barely had Posted by evanminas in Brazil Global Cohort 2016 | May 26, 2016
- AmazonWe signed up for a 3 day / 2 night Amazon tour through Gero Tours. They do longer tours with options to sleep or trek deep in the jungle, but that seemed a bit extreme for us. Two nights without Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | May 13, 2016
- ManausI mentioned before the internet allows you to make rooky mistakes when booking your travels. It also allows companies to lie. We booked a flight through budget airline GOL, from Salvador to Manaus. There were many flights Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | May 13, 2016
[center]VIDEO => [[https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3GWF8oP1zQ1Vk9SSzN0LVhiYW8/view?usp=sharing]][/center]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/825587/IMG_2521.jpg thumb= Posted by Vinanj in Vinanj | Nov 12, 2015
The Lonely Planet's introduction to Salvador isn't very encouraging. "If you're going to be robbed or mugged anywhere in Brazil, it's probably going to be in Salvador." S Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | May 6, 2016
- BrazilDay 1:
After 10 long hours, I have finally arrived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! I arrived at my hotel last night and I slept early so that I can wake up and start the day fresh! I had ordered room Posted by cameronxmoreno in My Dream Vacation Around the World | May 5, 2016
- Rio de JaneiroThe Internet is certainly a great tool for the independent traveller. Now you can easily hop online and book a flight, a bus, or a tour With just a couple of mouse clicks. When we traveled through South America Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Apr 29, 2016
- Sugarloaf Mountain and Arcos de Lapa
Sugarloaf Mountain, or Pão de Açúcar, is a symbol of Rio de Janeiro and one of the city's most visited attractions.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/807690/larg Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Apr 24, 2016
- Beautiful Búzios
We just returned from Búzios, a peninsula 2.5 hours East of Rio that's famous for it's beautiful beaches!
Búzios w Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Apr 17, 2016
- Ilha Paquetá and Ilha Grande We were all about islands this week!
First, we took a lovely trip to Paquetá Island.
Our generous host from Ca Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Apr 10, 2016
- Jardim Botânico and the Funny Fruits of BrazilFor this week's blog, we bring you a dispatch from Rio's Jardim Botânico, the largest botanical garden in Brazil.
It was founded in 1808 by King John VI of Portugal whe Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Apr 3, 2016
- Iguazu Falls Part II
On the morning of our second day in Iguazu, we took a thrilling helicopter ride down the Iguazu river and over the falls. Neither of us had ever been on a helicop Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Mar 27, 2016
- Iguazu FallsSince we missed last week, here is a double issue:
On March 15th, we hopped on a plane to Foz de Iguazu to visit one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
We Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Mar 27, 2016
- Briefly in BrazilReunited, the three of us bussed to Iguacu - but it wasn't the luckiest start... unfortunately Peter's phone fell out of his pocket and was left on the bus, never to be seen again.
We found a place to stay and Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Mar 27, 2016
- Cristo Redentor up close! Corcovado, or Hunchback mountain, is in central Rio. Located in Tijuca Forest, the 2,329 ft granite peak supports the famous statue of Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer).
At 124 fe Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Mar 12, 2016
- Welcome to the Hippie FairIt rained a bunch this week, but we managed a couple of beautiful outings on the few dry days we had.
On Friday, we took a taxi to Leblon, which is considered the most affluent neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro. Leblon Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Mar 6, 2016
- Rio by BikeSince Carnival ended, we've spent some time recuperating.
Rio is a great place to ride a bike. Despite the volcanic mountains rising up dramatically throughout the city, the surrounding streets are surprisingly flat and there are are many lovely bike Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Feb 28, 2016
- BrazilSince the start of the adventure
Hours on bus 161.5 hours
Hours on plane 45 hours
Hours in car: 6 hours
Hours on train no changed
Things we have learnt:
Samba is hard
It's really hot in Rio and Phil owes his life Posted by PhilR in Randerlams on Tour | Feb 24, 2016