- UbatubaNext stop on our journey up the coast from São Paulo to Rio de Janeiro was Ubatuba. Our travel day was the hottest since getting to the coast and it was a shame not to spend it lying on a Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 13, 2015
- IlhabelaIntimidated by São Paulo's vastness and sure we couldn't do it justice in the time we had we decided to head straight for the coast. This involved a whole day of travel: a 4hr van from the hostel in Bonito, Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 12, 2015
- BonitoWe spent the last four days swimming! Swimming with loads of fish in a crystal clear river, swimming underneath beautiful waterfalls, swimming in a lake and swimming in our hostel's pool. It was a wet n' wild adventure!
Bonito is a Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 8, 2015
- Pantanal SafariThe Pantanal is a wetland area in the south of Brazil that is famous for its wildlife spotting opportunities. We booked a 4 day trip to a fazienda (or farm in English) with activities included. On top of my list Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | May 8, 2015
- You've Got A Woman's Hands!Only three days to go now before I fly home. And I can't think of anything I'd rather spend it doing than writing blogs.
I arrived in Rio de Janeiro from Bolivia in the early evening. My hostel in the Copacabana Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Apr 28, 2015
- April 26 -SANTAREM, BRAZIL
Sunday morning in Santarem is a quiet time - businesses are closed, and the church is full. These birds captured our attention.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 28, 2015
- April 25 -ALTER do CHAO, BRAZIL
We anchored at noon near the altar-shaped hill for which this port was named. The tenders had been lowered into the water and guests waited for an announcement that we Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 27, 2015
- last of South America......Rio!Arrived to rio by boat and drove for 2-3 hours to get to cocacabana and our hostel, when we got there we had no time to stop, we had to start our city tour.
Alex our tour guide explained that Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Apr 25, 2015
- April 24 -MACAPA, BRAZIL
In 2013 we had sailed 1,000 miles up the Amazon River to Manaus. This year’s Amazon adventure includes 3 ports near the mouth of the river. Our stop in Macapa is a fir Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 25, 2015
- April 20 -SALVADOR da BAHIA, BRAZIL
This is the largest city on the northeast coast of Brazil. The churches of the "Upper City" drew our attention as we slowly glided toward the dock.
[img=http://ph Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 23, 2015
- Ilha GrandeGot on a boat to Ilhe Grande for the next 3 nights, the island looks like something out of a film set and has about 7000 people, no private cars or transport except 1 ambulance, 1 police car and 1 Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Apr 22, 2015
- ParatyLeft the hotel at 4.15 to fly to Sao Paulo, unfortunately we are just flying here to drive 6hours to paraty so we do not get to look around :(
Arrived at Paraty which looked like Colonia, cobbled street and pavements Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Apr 22, 2015
- April 18 - RIO de JANEIRO, BRAZIL
Today was the start of the 6th and final segment of the World Cruise.
We traveled an hour into the mo Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 21, 2015
- April 17 -RIO de JANEIRO, BRAZIL
At noon we sailed into unforgettable Rio de Janeiro.
Sugar Loaf Mountain j Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 20, 2015
- Arriving in Rio de JaneiroThe arrival of our ship into this incredible harbour was accompanied by one of the most spectacular sunrises we've experienced. At the first hints of the dawn the statue of Christ the Redeemer showed up as a spot of Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 17, 2015
- The Port of SantosSunrise this morning was predicted for 0655 but with a solid overcast and occasional showers it was never going to be spectacular. Fortunately the slow trip up the tidal channel and the massive port facilities provide plenty of other Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 16, 2015
- Second Sea Dayto SantosCalm seas and a balmy breeze made for pleasant walking on Deck 19 as I observed the various stages of the sunrise. The colours faded quickly over just a few minutes. After meeting Jenny for breakfast we embarked Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 15, 2015
- En route to SantosA great sunrise this morning to mark the arrival of Valentine's Day. I'm not much of a romantic so the day has very little meaning. After taking photos of the sunrise I joined the group of men who Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 14, 2015
- Iguazu Falls - Friday, 13 February 2015What an amazing day we have had. It just gets better and better!
Up early and into breakfast just before 7 am and it was still pretty dark. It started to lighten up at about 7.15 am and we Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 13, 2015
- Eventful Day in SalvadorUp early this morning for our arrival in Salvador and we were rewarded with a dramatic sunrise. There was some initial confusion when it rose over the land and the land was expected to be to the West. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 13, 2015
- Rio De Janeiro to Iguazu Falls - Thursday, 12 February 2015Relaxed morning and later breakfast, then back to our room to pack for our flight to Iguazu Falls. Bags out at 12 noon and we leave for the airport at 1.00 pm. We have a two hour flight Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 13, 2015
- Sea-day Five of FiveSunrise at 0522 this morning, interesting cloud formation but no great colour and for the first time the ship was heading due SouthWest and the sun rose on our port side. My regular vantage point didn't provide for any Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 12, 2015
- Rio De Janeiro - Wednesday, 11 February 2015Had a great night's sleep last night. We had a slightly later start this morning, so enjoyed a more leisurely breakfast than yesterday. At 9am we started off on our Scenic Free Choice tour of the Favelas, or Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 11, 2015
- Sea-day Four of FiveA disappointing morning with no perceived sunrise and the breakfast failed to lift my spirits. After a change into day clothes we made our way down to the Theatre to await the first lecture by Robert Turner who explained Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 11, 2015
- Rio De Janeiro - Tuesday, 10 February 2015Before I start on today's activities, I must comment on the bath towels at the Copacabana. They are white and huge, as you would expect, BUT, they are smooth like velvet on one side, and rough on the other. Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 11, 2015