- Welcome To The Jungle, We've Got Lots of RainSleep was interrupted last night. First the standard heat/humidity. Second the itches, ooohh the itches! Third, when Kate went to the bathroom in the middle of the night a huge black creature jumped from the top of the toilet Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 26, 2014
- Amazon Day Two: Native Village and FishingAfter a fitful night's sleep (it's hot here!) we got up a bit before 7 and waited for breakfast. It wasn't bad- scrambled eggs, oranges, watermelon, little mini fried pikelets, bread, butter and of course cake. Always cake at a Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 25, 2014
- Misinformation, Confusion, And Boat Rides GaloreThe car to take us to the port for the start of our jungle tour (a big gift with bits from Craig, Seb, Cam and Thom & Lynda) was supposed to be at the hotel at 8am. By 8:20 when Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 24, 2014
- Rio de JaneiroHad a slight sleep in and we were picked up soon after 10am for our tour. The sky was a bit cloudy but we could clearly see Christ the Redeemer Statue. However by the time we got up there a Posted by DianeLewitzke in Enjoy the Journey | Jul 30, 2014
- Iguazu Falls - Brazil sideOur tour guide picked us up from the hotel and the first thing after going througn the border crossing, was to do a helicopter ride over the falls. Only lasted 10 minutes but was fantastic.
We then drove onto the park, Posted by DianeLewitzke in Enjoy the Journey | Jul 29, 2014
- Melting Away In ManausOur first order of business for the day was to confirm our trip to the Amazon. After an unsuccessful phone conversation where they quickly said our trip was confirmed without taking our names, asking when we were leaving or how Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 23, 2014
- Flight After Flight After FlightUp and out of the house in record time to catch our taxi at 6:30 for our early flight to Manaus. The taxi is seriously speedy taking 4 minutes from door to door. That has to be some kind of Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 21, 2014
- Game On RecifeUp earlyish and get ready to head out with Eric and Angelina. They reckon it took them nearly 2 hours to get to the stadium for the last game so for our 1:00pm game today we're leaving the house at Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 20, 2014
- Vibrant Art, Giant Crossdressers and Electric JesusAround 7am we're both stirred from our sleep by something vaguely familiar: the sound of eggs cooking in a pan and the smell of garlic sautéing away. Yum! Elisabete was nice enough to put on a brekky spread for us Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 19, 2014
- Karma PoliceBreakfast with the nice Canadians again and the Scot's American travel companion. Apparently we're the late breakfast crew. We shared our stories of the previous night: the Canadians ended up getting a lift home from some random local who was Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 18, 2014
- Our World Cup Kick Off!Today will be better! We get up and have another decent hotel breakfast. At breakfast a couple walk in wearing yellow and green. Kate tries to decide if they're Aussie supporters, Brazilians, or American fans in local get up. She Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 16, 2014
- Rio baby! But our trip went out with a whimper...Oh maaan! Sooo frustrating... I was ill in Rio which hampered so much of our time here. We had 5 days to enjoy the city but only managed to get out and about for one day and an afternoon. What Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jul 22, 2014
- Failure to Launch in NatalAfter our adventures last night, we both enjoyed a well earned sleep in. The good feelings didn't last long as we were asked to move rooms twice more before we went up to have breakfast. It seems like the people Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 15, 2014
- Ain't No River Wide EnoughLast day in Argentina! The only other sight we wanted to see in the area was Tres Fronteras, a point from which you can see the Brazilian, Paraguayan and Argentinian borders all at once. After out last breakfast with Lauren Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 13, 2014
- Rio de Janeiro!==Futbol, caiparinha's, sun, sand and friends!==
Rio is a crazy, crazy place and we have been having an absolute ball exploring! The sucos (fresh fruit juices) and pastels (pastries with assorted fillings) are consumed daily as are caiparinha's and ch Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | Jul 12, 2014
- RioHi everyone,
This is my first post on the blog so here goes...
We arrived into Rio safe and sound after what can only be described as the longest journey ever!!! We arrived into Rio around 7 o´clock in the morning which Posted by PEANUTSONTHERUN in Southamerica on a shoestring | Jul 9, 2014
- Day 25 - Last Day in BrazilWe stayed up late just chatting and taking silly pictures. We knew today would be just about packing up and killing some time until we head out. It is Sunday, so very little will be open either. Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 7, 2014
- Day 24 - GAME DAY - Arg v BelJust a couple of days left, but we are out of cash, so back up to the shopping mall to hit the ATM. Oh, yeah, this is the view from my hotel window (of the mall).
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/60589/IMG_0577.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Day 23 - Start of the QuartersWe definitely need a soccer fix - and luckily there are two Quarter Final games today. From here on out, I have a team to pull for in every game, so that is good. We were trying Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Last stop in Brazil - Sao PauloArrived in Sao Paulo on Thursday. Luckily my hotel was walking distance from the airport so was able to settle in quickly (and have a lovely hot shower). The city has not got a great reputation and it certainly looks Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jul 5, 2014
- Day 22 - A second rest dayOk, so it is probably good to start weening off of soccer - after all, the Cup will be over in a couple of weeks. And we return in a few short days. But for now, we head Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 4, 2014
- Iguassu Falls part 1Left Curitiba on Monday to head to Fox de Iguassu. Was recommended this place by John and it turned out to be a great place to stay - a hostel in the countryside in natural surroundings and near the falls.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/67550 Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jul 3, 2014
- Day 21 - No games? That Changes Everything"That Changes Everything" is a line that Ivan has been promoting (churning) the whole trip and so finally it makes it into the blog. We are now down to only 3 as Phil & Kate left late last night. Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 3, 2014
- Day 20 - Last of Round of 16 gamesWe walk to a different area of town this morning to reach the Cathedral (but it is an adventure in and of itself to find a sidewalk) and cross some busy streets. But the sights are interesting and we Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 2, 2014
- Day 19 - Game Day - Fra v NigToday is our Round of 16 game, France vs Nigeria, should be a good one. Do you know Phil? What is so special about this picture?
We have some extra tickets to sell, s Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jul 2, 2014