- Day 06 - A day of restYesterday was such a long and full day, it seems that everyone was moving slowly and under motivated. I took some time to catch-up on the blog as well. With the Brazil-Mex game on at 4pm, we figured Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 18, 2014
- Day 05 - GAME Day - GER vs POREarly morning settling of funds....
Where the money really goes...[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/60589/IMG_0161.jpg thumb=h Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 17, 2014
- Day 04 - Logistics Well, unfortunately, minor illness has taken its first victim of the trip (likely to get us all one day)... and the first victim's name is Gwen. She seems to have some stomach bug or reaction to something that she Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 16, 2014
- From Rio to Belo Horizonte and back and finally the beachAfter a big night out on Thursday, we had a much quieter day on Friday. Watched Mexico v Cameroon over lunch and then looked for somewhere to watch the Spain-Holland game. we found a great little bar and made friends Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jun 15, 2014
- Day 03 - Weird DayMore adventures today.... We got up early and sold some tickets to Monday's GER vs POR game. Then we wandered off to the beach and strolled the shoreline. Since we were out quite early, we avoided Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 15, 2014
- Day 02 - GAME DAY!We all get out lazily this morning, a bit of jet lag for some as well as extremely hard Brazilian mattresses make for some groggy souls. I felt like I had to keep tossing and turning just to avoid Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 14, 2014
- G'day from RioMade it to Rio at last. Apart from a slightly unfortunate taxi ride, all going great. Woke up to lovely blue skies and got ready to go out and watch the opening game of the World Cup on Copacabana beach.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/675503/IM Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Jun 13, 2014
- Day 01 - The Day is Finally Here!So, my thrifty wife was working hard over the past few years to get us multiple credit card offers to ensure that we could fly business class on this trip. It was kind of a pain changing cards every Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2014 | Jun 15, 2014
- testing blog
Rio is stunning
Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jun 2, 2014
- Brazil - our home away from home!So after our 3 months adventure of camping, safaris, voluntary working and catching up with the Ebadi family in Africa, it was time to kick off a new 3 months in SOUTH AMERICA. First stop, 6 weeks in our new Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | May 22, 2014
- My Travel MapI'll try to update my travel map with every city I visited. Hope you like. So far I've put my vacation to Europe at the end of 2009 and my travel to Chile in middle of 2011. You can see Posted by fabio.godoy in A sutileza está nos detalhes | Apr 10, 2014
We had a couple of days to spare before getting to Rio and had decided that a bit of RnR would be perfect. Someone at Buenos Aires mentioned Florianopolis is a beach town and half way to Rio. Perfect! Ash Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Mar 11, 2014
- Rio de Janeiro - Carnival baby! "Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl, with yellow feathers in her hair..." oh yeah, we're in Rio baby, and it's carnival time!!
So we arrived in Rio and checked into our fab hostel (the lovely Discovery hostel - Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Mar 8, 2014
- Brazil! Time to Paaaaaar-a-ty!!12 weeks in...we have a confession to make. We must be the whitest people ever to travel South America for the length of time we have!! And we are not happy about this fact.
So heading further into Brazil, home of Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Mar 6, 2014
- Iguassu Falls - From BrazilWe took the short bus ride across the boarder back to Brazil. We were happy to be back in Brazil, as we loved it the time before but not so happy to not be able to understand anything again! Our Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Feb 18, 2014
- I'm sorryHello my beautiful supporters! I'm back with a long overdue update.
English camp is now over and was an amazing experience! The camp was held at the Janz Team facility in Gramado which is absolutely incredible! They have a large plot Posted by stevefromcanada in Adventure Time with Steve | Feb 12, 2014
- It's A Beautiful WorldIt's another sun filled, gorgeous day in Brazil. It's been a little while since I last updated so to keep my adventures up to date and documented here is another entry. As always there is a lot to say but Posted by stevefromcanada in Adventure Time with Steve | Jan 31, 2014
- Amazonia, the MagnificentYou have them, bucket list travel destinations that appeal for their mysterious exoticism but you know little about them. You’d go if the stars aligned. For me, one of these has long been the Amazon River. Movies, books, Posted by mk2 in Travels with Husband | Jan 24, 2014
- From Denver to RioWell here is another update for those who are following. Due to time constraints and general laziness I didn't get an update out about my time in Denver; so I'll start with that.
My trip from NYC to Denver started off Posted by stevefromcanada in Adventure Time with Steve | Jan 23, 2014
- All I can say is Wow!Wow! That's all I can say about the Iguazu falls, just wow! I don't think I can describe the feeling or the enormity of these falls and do them justice. They are right on the border of Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jan 20, 2014
- Day 21 Sat 20th JanToday we had a leisure day so we caught the metro to the city centre and walked around the square where the opera house and national library etc are. Unfortunately there were only 3 tours for the opera house today Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 18, 2014
- Day 20 Frid 17th JanToday we toured with our guide through the older areas of Rio. You could see the influence of Lisbon and even the French. This was quite a contrast with the more glitzy Copacabana. We also saw where they hold Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 17, 2014
- Day 19 Thurs 16th JanToday we had a private tour of Rio. We drove along a very upmarket area Roderigo de Lagoon. Even though there were beautiful boats anchored the water is so polluted that you cannot swim in it. We went to Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 16, 2014
- Day 18 Wed 15th JanWe checked out of our hotel on the Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls and drove with our private guide to cross the border into Brazil to view the Brazilian side of the falls. We were only 15min from the Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 16, 2014
After a bit of a jetlagged/hectic Rio we are now in Paraty, a small coastal town about 200km south of Rio. It’s a beautiful town with (apparently) some of the best Colonial Portugese Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jan 6, 2014