- FROM RIO STATE TO SÃO PAULOAfter 9 days of Carioca life and Carnaval craziness, it was time to move on to a quieter place to relax for a few days.
First stop was Ilha Grande, 5h from Rio by bus + boat. It's a beautiful mountainous Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Feb 23, 2016
- Carnival Rio de Janeiro's Carnival is crowned by the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest street party in the world, with an average of 2 million revelers each day. The weeklong celebration dates back to 1723, so you can Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Feb 20, 2016
- Coming homeSomewhere over the Atlantic Ocean we entered new time zone and even a new day – Saturday. After a very turbulent flight oven the Atlantic we got served breakfast before the airplane landed at Frankfurt Airport. Due to the lack Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 28, 2015
- Leaving Brazil[center][/center]
Last day in Fortaleza during this trip and definitely last day in Brazil this time. It felt great yet Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 27, 2015
- Fortaleza – a vacation paradise?Now when it was daylight outside the hotel window I had a look and saw Iracema Beach, a 4,5 km long sand beach named after a female Indian chief. Even though the hotel had low standard it had the best Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 26, 2015
- North to FortalezaWoke up to my last day here in Rio de Janeiro. Thanks to the low season I was able to keep my room until 2pm before I needed to check out. In other words I got enough time to pack Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 25, 2015
- Shopping and historyI could afford another sleep-in today since I didn’t have any day tour but a tour in the evening with dinner and entertainment in Lapa. The clouds were really low and it was grey and cloudy but I wasn’t going Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 24, 2015
- A foggy Corcovado and Evening Samba ShowI had woken up during the night due to thunderstorm that hit Rio de Janeiro with rainstorm and lightning which lighted up the entire hotel room, even though the curtain covered the whole window. When it was time to get Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 23, 2015
- Sugar Loaf MountainI got up early in the morning in time for breakfast at 7am and being in time for pick-up at 8.25am. Hasn’t had a working air-conditioner during the entire night so I made a report at the hotel reception while Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 22, 2015
- Suddenly it happensWoke up before the cell phone alarm sounded. The hotel staff had not called me during the night, so my bag had not arrived yet. What now? Tiptoed away to the reception and asked yet again asked about my bag. Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 21, 2015
- Don’t cry for me Argentina Today was a full day on the Argentinean side of the Iguassu Falls. Joe picked me up already at 8.00am and then headed for the border control to Argentina. Even though it was only for about 8 hours, I had Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 20, 2015
- Waterfalls, birds and butterflies Landed at Foz do Iguaçu – Cataratas International Airport at 1am. Even if you managed to doze off during flight you were totally mushy in your head. For an international airport it is a very small airport. We had to Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 19, 2015
- Traveling southCould spoil myself with a sleep-in, since this day was dedicated to traveling and transfer myself, i.e. no guided tours today. No news about my bag. Made a few attempts to call both Baggage Express and Frankfurt Airport, but without Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 18, 2015
- Manaus – gateway to the AmazonThe lovely ladies from Australia joined me at breakfast today. They told me they were very fascinated by our nature here in Scandinavia and that a few of them had visited Sweden among other countries. One of them even had Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 17, 2015
- Nature hike to Monkey IslandAfter breakfast we gathered in the reception at 8.20am. A group of Australians joined my group and they had arrived yesterday. They were a happy bunch of elderly ladies who now after retirement traveled around the earth to see the Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 16, 2015
- Meeting of the WaterI got up after many hours of sleep too breakfast at 7.30am. Like lunch and dinner it now was set up for breakfast. Bread, salad, ham, cheese, yoghurt, cereals, coffee, bacon, eggs etc. But now also water and juice to Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 15, 2015
- Fishing PiranhasLanded at Brigadeiro Eduardo Gomes – Manaus International Airport just after 1am and it was a small airport for being an international airport. Now you were pretty messed up in your head and been awake for more than 24 hours. Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 14, 2015
- Are you superstitious?Okay, now all about Friday 13th… the belief in this specific day being bad luck is ancient. The old mathematicians got annoyed about number 13 being indivisible and it was disciple number 13 who betrayed Jesus contributes strongly. But how Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 13, 2015
- Lufthansa – never againFinally time for my next long journey. But the preparations have been anything but calm last week, thanks to the strike by Lufthansa cabin personnel and major problems with the train track just north of Stockholm-Arlanda Airport (unsurprisingly).
Posted by bejjan in Wonders of Brazil | Nov 12, 2015
- RIO DE JANEIRO, CIDADE MARAVILHOSASorry for the wait it's been a crazy last couple of weeks... here is my long overdue post about Rio!
You can't fully appreciate why Brazilians call Rio the "wonderful city" until you've actually been there. Its setting is incredible - Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Feb 19, 2016
- Bom Dia from Rio de Janeiro!Hello Friends, Family, & Fellow Adventurers,
We made it to Rio! Now many of you might be saying "didn't they leave weeks ago?"
Yes, but there has been a lot to get acquainted with in Copacabana, Brazil:
Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Feb 17, 2016
- EXPLORING THE BAHIAN COASTI can't believe it's been 1 month already! Exactly 1 month ago I was on my way to the airport, unaware of all the adventures and crazy stories ahead of me... Every day I wake up thinking I'm so glad Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Feb 7, 2016
- INTO THE WILD IN CHAPADA DIAMANTINAFinally, here is my much awaited summary of four amazing days into the Brazilian wilderness...
After a great but solitary exploration of Salvador, I was excited to meet with my friend Eva, a super fun Dutch girl from Amsterdam that I Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Feb 3, 2016
- FIRST TASTE OF BAHIA: SALVADORTo get to Salvador I took my first night bus from Maceió: after 11h in a pretty comfortable bus including a blanket and plug sockets, I arrived at 5.40am... It meant I had 3 full days to explore Salvador. I Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jan 26, 2016
- DE PERNAMBUCO A ALAGOASIt's been 2 weeks already and I've done so much yet so little for such a big country like Brazil! Here is a recap of what I've been up to in the last week as I finally managed to start Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jan 21, 2016