- the lost worldSo there is internet on the island. But yesterday the girl have me the wrong code for the Wi-Fi so it didn't work but it's working now.
Tomorrow we make our way back to Curitiba to get the overnight bus to Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Jul 18, 2013
- I'm back!I guess it has been too long since I last posted something here - I had not only forgotten the password to my blog, but the name of the site where it is hosted... I am planning to make up Posted by jessiquinha in Brazilerated | Jul 16, 2013
- rainy RioWe went to the cable cars at the sugar loaf mountain in Rio today. Gorgeous sunset and views of the city.
It rained and thundered and lightening-ed this evening for about two hours. Crazy coz our hostel kitchen is on Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Jul 14, 2013
- Rio 0- Sarah and Declan 1Today we got up super early and went to see Christ the redeemer. Got the bus there which only cost a Euro.grand. it was packed with fellow tourons but mostly Brazilian tourists.
Decs high: eating an unknown fruit.
Low: Sarah's smelly Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Jul 13, 2013
- Rio day 1First day in Rio so we headed for the beach at ipanema. It's about a two minute walk from our hostel. Daycent.
We've no pictures yet coz we didn't take our cámaras to the beach as we were afeared.
Declan's high of Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Jul 12, 2013
- Iguazu Falls==Foz do Iguaco - Brazil==
[float=right][/float]After the excitement of Rio, it was time to move on and see the stunning Iguazu Falls, a set of waterfalls that border Brazil, Argentina and Paragua Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jul 2, 2013
- Problems in Portuguese: Dinner Roulette[float=right][/float]
The problem with Portuguese is simple: it’s not English! I count myself very lucky to be English as our former Empire means that most places you travel in the word you Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jun 29, 2013
In 1990, Chilean-born artist Jorge Selaron decided he was fed up with his front garden and popped down to his local B&Q to spruce it up. L Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jun 27, 2013
- TodayBut somehow our 4-month trip has turned into just today.
David and I talked about it last night. David said that at home he would often say, "Oh this happened last month" and the time felt so short because every Posted by smweaver24 in Wooden Nickels | Jun 24, 2013
- Rio RiotsFootball in Brazil is a phenomenon, you could say its even bigger than Jesus, and he is as big as they get here in Rio.
When looking at our South American tour, we lo Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jun 21, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro, BrazilMy flight left Buenos Aires at 9:30pm and arrived in Rio de Janeiro at 12:20am. That was an easy flight of 2 hours and 50 minutes, no turbulence or issues and was extremely cheap, only $356.62 as a total on Posted by mromeiro96 in My Dream Trip Around The World | Jun 9, 2013
- South America - Brazil ==Day One: Christ the Redeemer==
Hello there traveler! Austin here and welcome to my first of many travel blog enteires. Today I arrived in Rio de Janerio, Brazil and i spent the day sight seeing and experiencing the city. I have Posted by bluejaysrule in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro July 11-13 ==Day 1==
We have arrived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! It is super warm here too! The region of South America has to have the best weather. Constantly warm and sunny with nothing to ruin your day! I can not believe Posted by oliviiaaaaaaa in My Dream Trip Around The World | May 25, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (13th - 16th May)This weirdly feels like a long time ago now - maybe because we're back on a different continent - so apologies if it's lacking in some details, it's just my memory failing me.
We flew into Rio and then got a Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | May 20, 2013
- Iguazu FallsWe arrived into a wet Foz do Iguacu early the next morning. Luckily we were able to check into our hostel as soon as we arrived and after a quick breakfast we set off for the Brazilian side of the Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | May 20, 2013
- The Marvelous City
After walking for so many hours in Buenos Aires, Argentina, there’s no better way to relax than on the Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. A friend of Posted by ZK_15 in My Dream Trip around the World | May 4, 2013
- One Week in Rio de JaneiroSo we've had a great week staying with my Aunt and Uncle in Rio. We've been to lots of beaches, up Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf and gained about 2 stone thanks to my Aunts great cooking. It was Posted by amcara91 in Alice and Will - Around the World | May 19, 2013
- Santa Catarina IslandAfter what felt like an eternity on our mahusive bus, especcially as apparently adhering to bus schedules is irrelevant, we arrived in Florianopolis - the main city on Santa Catarina island. This island sounded amazing: full of beaches, great food, Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | May 15, 2013
- ParatyEventually our boat from Ilha Grande moved again and we arrived on shore and then had a van ride to Paraty, a coastal town with an historic town centre and a myriad of beaches in the surrounding islands and all Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | May 11, 2013
- Ilha GrandeWe had arranged a transfer to the island of Ilhe Grande. A stunning, car free paradise with 102 beaches off the coast of Brazil. The bus that took us there was quite funny. We had a crazy little brazilian driver Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | May 11, 2013
- Rio de JanieroWe flew into Rio before the sun had risen but as we looked down we could see a city that was definitely awake. The highways were jammed with cars and the lights from houses flickered as we flew past. As Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | May 9, 2013
- Day 0 - Rio airportFlying at night is clearly the way forwards, dinner and wine, toss and turn for a while then wake up to breakfast and arrival.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/552160/13674888 Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | May 7, 2013
- Getting back to NatureSeven years ago, on our very first overseas adventure together, we met two loca Belgian sisters with whom we spent a very fun week with in Cambodia. We only spent a few days together, but they proved to be such Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Apr 27, 2013
- Cidade Maravilhosa
Rio. Wow. The city certainly lived up to the tagline of the ‘marvelous city’, at least in our eyes. It is possibly, scratch that - definitely the most visually spectacular city we have laid Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Apr 16, 2013
- Brasil! Brazil and in particular Rio de Janeiro was the fitting end to this grand trip. First a dash via Porto Alegre to Florianopolis and the amazing Ilha de Santa Catarina of Florianopolis. From there to Blumenau, a strange German – Posted by freddop in Vagabundeando -surfing the Panamericana | Apr 16, 2013