- Baleia part 3The last two weeks we spent in baleia were taken up with us trying to learn how to kite surf. We had 6 lessons booked 3 each week.
The first day we learnt how to fly a small kite 1.5 Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Sep 28, 2013
- Iguassu Falls, Brazil and Argentina and the Itaipu DamTuesday 24th September - let the border hopping commence: Paraguay - Brazil
We left for the Brazilian side of Iguassu Falls from Ciudad del Este in Paraguay first thing in morning. The journey is only about 20-30km, yet took us Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Sep 28, 2013
- Favela tour, almost hang gliding and samba club[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/542889C92219AC68171368931F80E328.j Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 25, 2013
- Copacabana, Ipanema and Jardin Botanica[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/90_320B77D82219AC68178E9F1CA07FEEDE.j Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 23, 2013
- Sugarloaf and marmosets[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/35C97C2F2219AC68173595010460F8CC.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/thumb_35C97C2F2219AC6817359501046 Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 22, 2013
- Death defying taxi to the middle of nowhereThis morning I was up at 4.30. The jet lag has not worn off yet so my body clock is crazy. It was hot and I was feeling itchy and irritated so I snuck out of bed at 6 for Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 19, 2013
- Escada selaron. Today I woke up at 5.30 after an early night and was really excited to go out and explore. Brad wanted me to go back to sleep so I wouldn't be too tired tonight but I could hear the city Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 18, 2013
- Flying and arrivingThe flight from Perth to Rio via Dubai was not a lot of fun. To be completely honest I hate flying at the best of times and was hoping just to get some sleep but didn't get much at all. Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Kirsty and Brad in Rio | Sep 18, 2013
- Baleia part 2Ok so we wont be updating very much for the next two weeks will post some more photos. We have our first kite surfing lesson today, though not the best day to try to learn something new we are both Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Sep 9, 2013
- Praia da BaleiaGeschafft! Nach 24 Stunden unterwegs (14 davon im Bus, den Rest wartend), sind wir endlich in Baleia, einem 100(?) Seelendorf angekommen. Unsere Mission hier: Arbeit, oder so aehnlich... Wir passen auf zwei Hunde (Nemo und Fischer) auf und duerfen dafuer Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Sep 8, 2013
- Rio de Janeiro
So we arrived in Rio very tired, we were picked up by the mother of the girl whose apartment we were staying in (Santa Theresa). Not the best area of Rio but close to most things Posted by kevsoph in Kevin and Sophie do South America | Sep 8, 2013
- Out with a bang in Salvador ==Bang! Boom! Bang! Boom!==
I love the sound of percussion on mass. I love how the sound vibrates through your body, like a good spring clean for the soul. Lucky for me we had arrived at one of the world’s drum Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Sep 6, 2013
- I'm sexy and I know it: Rio de JaneiroRio de Janeiro, baby! The world’s party capital, where the people are beautiful and the beaches breathtaking. A place of stunning wealth yet unbelievable poverty. While the city is neither Brazil’s biggest nor the capital it’s certainly the country’s most Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Aug 28, 2013
- Perfectly ParatyAfter more than 24 miserable hours in transit we found ourselves in the little town of Paraty on Brazil’s Costa Verde (green coast). We were well rewarded for our marathon journey from Iguazu falls. This place was paradise and had Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Aug 20, 2013
- Jive Talking Well its certainly been a while since i've uploaded another blog but a lot has happened since then, e.g. Movie World, Wet N Wild, Dream World/White Water World, Australia Zoo and finally coming up to Townsville i'll explain from the Posted by JacquesFamily in Our Big Adventure | Aug 6, 2013
- the lost worldSo there is internet on the island. But yesterday the girl have me the wrong code for the Wi-Fi so it didn't work but it's working now.
Tomorrow we make our way back to Curitiba to get the overnight bus to Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Jul 18, 2013
- I'm back!I guess it has been too long since I last posted something here - I had not only forgotten the password to my blog, but the name of the site where it is hosted... I am planning to make up Posted by jessiquinha in Brazilerated | Jul 16, 2013
- rainy RioWe went to the cable cars at the sugar loaf mountain in Rio today. Gorgeous sunset and views of the city.
It rained and thundered and lightening-ed this evening for about two hours. Crazy coz our hostel kitchen is on Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Jul 14, 2013
- Rio 0- Sarah and Declan 1Today we got up super early and went to see Christ the redeemer. Got the bus there which only cost a Euro.grand. it was packed with fellow tourons but mostly Brazilian tourists.
Decs high: eating an unknown fruit.
Low: Sarah's smelly Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Jul 13, 2013
- Rio day 1First day in Rio so we headed for the beach at ipanema. It's about a two minute walk from our hostel. Daycent.
We've no pictures yet coz we didn't take our cámaras to the beach as we were afeared.
Declan's high of Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Jul 12, 2013
- Iguazu Falls==Foz do Iguaco - Brazil==
[float=right][/float]After the excitement of Rio, it was time to move on and see the stunning Iguazu Falls, a set of waterfalls that border Brazil, Argentina and Paragua Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jul 2, 2013
- Problems in Portuguese: Dinner Roulette[float=right][/float]
The problem with Portuguese is simple: it’s not English! I count myself very lucky to be English as our former Empire means that most places you travel in the word you Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jun 29, 2013
In 1990, Chilean-born artist Jorge Selaron decided he was fed up with his front garden and popped down to his local B&Q to spruce it up. L Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jun 27, 2013
- TodayBut somehow our 4-month trip has turned into just today.
David and I talked about it last night. David said that at home he would often say, "Oh this happened last month" and the time felt so short because every Posted by smweaver24 in Wooden Nickels | Jun 24, 2013
- Rio RiotsFootball in Brazil is a phenomenon, you could say its even bigger than Jesus, and he is as big as they get here in Rio.
When looking at our South American tour, we lo Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Jun 21, 2013