- Another colonial delightIt's a three-hour drive from Ouro Preto to Tiradentes. That's if you go door-to-door. Unfortunately, to catch public transport it takes nearly nine - if you get decent connections - and we had to change buses at Belo Horizonte and Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 15, 2015
- Wine number 3
Gordon gave this 7/10
This is my Passionfruit Caipirinha it was good but not as good as the Bar Gomez ginger one.
I think the caipirinhas may have peaked too early
[i Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 15, 2015
- Let Muhammad go to the mountain!
So after breakfast this Monday morning we decided to visit Lopez Mendez beach which, according to all the guide books is supposed to be in the top 10 beaches in the world. We were some what sceptical but Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 15, 2015
- Swing Low Sweet ChariotThe intrepid explorers decided to take an "easy" hike to see the nearest 5 beaches as we wanted a relaxing day today. The trouble with knowing that there is another beach just around the corner is that you carry on Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 14, 2015
- FruitopiaI know I promised that I wouldn't write about my breakfast but the fruit here is so fantastic I thought I would share it with you.
Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 14, 2015
- Striking gold in Ouro PretoSam
The short trip out of Belo Horizonte didn't go completely to plan, but we arrived in Ouro Preto and walked down a few very steep hills to our Airbnb. It was overcast, but the narrow, winding cobblestone streets and crumbling Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 13, 2015
- Food PrawnI couldn't resist taking a picture of last nights dinner.
It may have been the most expensive item on the menu but the prawns were huge, so big I generously donated one to Gordon
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/777354/0D15B8B0C43C0CC6EC6A55A47139 Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 13, 2015
- Saturday nights alright for fightingFriday fight night at bar Gomez
There is a busy bar in the middle of Santa Teresa which everyone describes as lively. Been around since the 30's and full of a mixture of locals and tourists. It is well known in Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 13, 2015
- Good horizonCaroline
After a restful (Sam) and sleepless (Caroline) night on the overnight bus from Brasilia, we arrived in Belo Horizonte. I had a nap while Sam planned our amazing itinerary.
Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 12, 2015
- The Girl ( & Boy) From IpanemaNow I will fill in the bits J didn't tell you! So last night, where we had the cocktails, was the posh hotel in the area of where we are staying - hotel Santa Teresa. We made our way Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 12, 2015
- RioUp the little funicular railway (like the ones in Lisbon) to see the Christ The Redeemer statue. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/777354/8587654BB8A8B1ED339DBF2267BA Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 10, 2015
- The first of the 80 winesA red from Chile Vinho Tinto do Memento
6.5 out of ten Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 10, 2015
- First Del Boy CocktailA Strawberry and Tangerine Caipirinha.
In the end I drank it as he said there was too much fruit in it! Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Dec 10, 2015
- A capital timeSam
We flew without incident from Foz do Iguaçu, to São Paulo, then to Brasilia. Actually, there was a hairy moment, when our plane seemed to pull out of its landing coming in to São Paulo, and then it took the Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 9, 2015
- Don Bosco SanctuaryMy next destination brought me to the city of Brasilia, Brazil. The city id found in the top half of South America, and the lower centre of Brazil. This is quite a large city, at about 5,800 square kilometres. The Posted by Nesawf in Cognitive Distinction | Dec 9, 2015
- Water FallsWe flew from Montevideo to Puerto Iguazu via Buenos Aires. It was our third time entering Argentina - earlier we'd come in via Ecuador and then Chile.
Anyway, we got in after 10pm, but could still definitely feel the difference in Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Dec 5, 2015
- Zurück in die Zukunft: Brasilia
Nach zwei Wochen Badeplausch stand nun die letzte Hauptstadt unserer Weltreise auf dem Programm: Brasilia. Diese Planstadt, die 1960 Rio de Janeiro als Hauptstadt ablöste, war ein Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Dec 4, 2015
- Rio De Janeiro & Sao Thome Das Letras - BrazilThe beginning of our South America trip :) ....
After a few delays and rescheduling on different flights we made it to Rio around 9am.... About 23 hours of airports and planes. We took a cheap shuttle van to our hostel Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Nov 29, 2015
- Iguazu Falls Pt 3Everyone I spoke to (who expressed a preference) said that the Brazilian side has the best views. Almost all the falls are in Argentina but you get to see them best from a distance. This is a shame as the Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Nov 17, 2015
- Leaving DenverI left Denver on November 20th and flew to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
I arrived at the airport and smelled the humid warm air and experienced
my first visit to South America.
Brazil is a large and di Posted by Cottfarm in South American Adventure | Nov 17, 2015
[center]==Basilica de Aparecida==[/center]
[center]==Chapada dos Gumaraes==[/center]
Posted by shanice.leader in My Virtual Travel Blog | Nov 10, 2015
- Der Küste entlang dem Ende entgegenSeit unserer Rückkehr sind schon wieder einige Wochen verstrichen und die allerletzten Beiträge stehen noch aus. Deshalb bringen wir nun etwas brasilianische Sonne in die kürzer werdenden Herbsttage!
Nach unserem Ausflug in das Amazonasgebiet ging es M Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Nov 4, 2015
- Survivor - Amazon JungleThe hammocks were relatively comfortable, and I only woke up once or twice during the night. The howler monkeys started their calling around 4am and sunrise wasn't far behind.
After dawn we all got up and enjoyed a breakfast of Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Oct 15, 2015
- Overnight in the Amazon jungleAfter an early night we were up before dawn for a sunrise canoe trip. We saw more dolphins, lots of birds and could hear the howler monkeys with their deep throated call greeting the new day. The sunrise itself was Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Oct 3, 2015
- Rural Amazonian life and cayman catchingThis morning we had a simple breakfast of buns (bread in Brazil is quite dry and crumbly) with fried eggs and watermelon to finish off with. Around mid-morning we headed off for a canoe trip to visit a local family, Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Jul 25, 2015