- April 20 -SALVADOR da BAHIA, BRAZIL
This is the largest city on the northeast coast of Brazil. The churches of the "Upper City" drew our attention as we slowly glided toward the dock.
[img=http://ph Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 23, 2015
- Ilha GrandeGot on a boat to Ilhe Grande for the next 3 nights, the island looks like something out of a film set and has about 7000 people, no private cars or transport except 1 ambulance, 1 police car and 1 Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Apr 22, 2015
- ParatyLeft the hotel at 4.15 to fly to Sao Paulo, unfortunately we are just flying here to drive 6hours to paraty so we do not get to look around :(
Arrived at Paraty which looked like Colonia, cobbled street and pavements Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Apr 22, 2015
- April 18 - RIO de JANEIRO, BRAZIL
Today was the start of the 6th and final segment of the World Cruise.
We traveled an hour into the mo Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 21, 2015
- April 17 -RIO de JANEIRO, BRAZIL
At noon we sailed into unforgettable Rio de Janeiro.
Sugar Loaf Mountain j Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Apr 20, 2015
- Arriving in Rio de JaneiroThe arrival of our ship into this incredible harbour was accompanied by one of the most spectacular sunrises we've experienced. At the first hints of the dawn the statue of Christ the Redeemer showed up as a spot of Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 17, 2015
- The Port of SantosSunrise this morning was predicted for 0655 but with a solid overcast and occasional showers it was never going to be spectacular. Fortunately the slow trip up the tidal channel and the massive port facilities provide plenty of other Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 16, 2015
- Second Sea Dayto SantosCalm seas and a balmy breeze made for pleasant walking on Deck 19 as I observed the various stages of the sunrise. The colours faded quickly over just a few minutes. After meeting Jenny for breakfast we embarked Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 15, 2015
- En route to SantosA great sunrise this morning to mark the arrival of Valentine's Day. I'm not much of a romantic so the day has very little meaning. After taking photos of the sunrise I joined the group of men who Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 14, 2015
- Iguazu Falls - Friday, 13 February 2015What an amazing day we have had. It just gets better and better!
Up early and into breakfast just before 7 am and it was still pretty dark. It started to lighten up at about 7.15 am and we Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 13, 2015
- Eventful Day in SalvadorUp early this morning for our arrival in Salvador and we were rewarded with a dramatic sunrise. There was some initial confusion when it rose over the land and the land was expected to be to the West. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 13, 2015
- Rio De Janeiro to Iguazu Falls - Thursday, 12 February 2015Relaxed morning and later breakfast, then back to our room to pack for our flight to Iguazu Falls. Bags out at 12 noon and we leave for the airport at 1.00 pm. We have a two hour flight Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 13, 2015
- Sea-day Five of FiveSunrise at 0522 this morning, interesting cloud formation but no great colour and for the first time the ship was heading due SouthWest and the sun rose on our port side. My regular vantage point didn't provide for any Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 12, 2015
- Rio De Janeiro - Wednesday, 11 February 2015Had a great night's sleep last night. We had a slightly later start this morning, so enjoyed a more leisurely breakfast than yesterday. At 9am we started off on our Scenic Free Choice tour of the Favelas, or Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 11, 2015
- Sea-day Four of FiveA disappointing morning with no perceived sunrise and the breakfast failed to lift my spirits. After a change into day clothes we made our way down to the Theatre to await the first lecture by Robert Turner who explained Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 11, 2015
- Rio De Janeiro - Tuesday, 10 February 2015Before I start on today's activities, I must comment on the bath towels at the Copacabana. They are white and huge, as you would expect, BUT, they are smooth like velvet on one side, and rough on the other. Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 11, 2015
- Sea-day Three of Five - Formal NightAnother windy morning and a fortuitous break in the general overcast permitted some reasonable images of the rising sun. We've been heading on the same course for some time now and my options for a suitable point of view Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 10, 2015
- Sea-day Two of FiveUp early to catch the sunrise followed by a session with a trio of Americans as we discussed the various and different units of measure from area to temperature and capacity. I'm still trying to explain the geography of Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 9, 2015
- Rio De Janeiro - Monday, 9 February 2015Had another good night's sleep. Woke up at 3.30 am, looked at the clock and then went straight back to sleep. A few more Aussies appeared at breakfast this morning - they arrived last night. We met Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 9, 2015
- Sea-day One of FiveToday is the first of five days at sea and started with a spectacular sunrise just to make the day 'special'. I started my day by climbing from our cabin located on Deck 11 Forward to one of the Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 8, 2015
- Rio De Janeiro - Sunday, 8 February 2015Got to bed at about 12.30 am this morning but had a great night's sleep. We took homeopathic tablets during our flight called Jet Ease to help with jet lag and they seemed to have worked well because we Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 8, 2015
- "Living" A VacationI write this blog, based on a recent South America trip (Brazil & Argentina) taken by me and my wife. This has been perhaps the most experiential vacation for us and the memories from this vacation would stay close to Posted by rahulr7 in "Living" A Vacation | Feb 8, 2015
- Santiago to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - Saturday, 7 Feb 2015We had about a two hour wait in Santiago and then boarded a smaller Lan Chile plane for our 4 hr 15 min flight to Rio. I am starting to get tired now but there is too much to look Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 7, 2015
- BrazilI couldn't get my Brazilian visa in time before I left Canada, so I had to get in Argentina. Luckily it took very quickly. I only have time for one day, so I make plans to see the Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Dec 18, 2013
- Iguaçu FallsA few weeks before travelling to Rio we spotted reasonable flights to Iguaçu. Flying allowed us to save 20+ hours that would have otherwise been spent on a bus. Our plan was to spend one day visiting the falls from Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Nov 8, 2014