- A stroll along my Grandmother's birth town Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Sep 21, 2016
- A slice of cake, and less hair... but no hair in the cakeKids were all set to do something fun, especially as we were expecting a friend and her family over for dinner. Yesterday, it was baking.... Sophia had printed out a new recipe for a gluten free carrot cake, had gone Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Sep 20, 2016
- Name DaysName Days in Bulgaria are a special day to be celebrated, and connect with others. Family and friends call one another to wish "Happy Name Day," based on the Eastern Orthodox calendar. There are no gifts besides flowers or Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Sep 19, 2016
- GenerationsI treasure that my children are growing up knowing all four of their Grandparents, and have also spent time with two of their Great-Grandmothers - in Bulgaria and in the United States. What a blessing for generations to play games Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Sep 8, 2016
- Jonathan's 9th birthday!All smiles, 9 year-old birthday boy Jonathan confidently sat down on a race car #9. For his birthday, he wished to go karting! Last single digit birthday for my strong, strong-willed, smart, snuggle-loving boy.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/84 Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Sep 7, 2016
- Birthdays... make me pause and count my blessingsHalf a life ago, I celebrated my 21st birthday with family and friends in Sofia, Bulgaria. I was so happy to be home, after a hectic summer internship in NYC! Days later, I left for a semester "abroad abroad" Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Sep 1, 2016
- School kick off events!Friday's all school Assembly started with welcoming new students, staff and families (See Jonathan wearing an orange shirt in the front rows standing up).
"Water sp Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 27, 2016
- Good morning from SofiaEnjoying a beautiful morning in Sofia.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/843436 Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 27, 2016
- Sofia city skyline View of Sofia city as seen from where we are staying.
Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 26, 2016
- Embracing the newBeing at a new place, with new school kids, new teachers, new .... almost everything, is not easy. We have prayed for this season, and continue to trust in Jesus for daily provisions and opportunities.
School started on Wednesday, and here Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 25, 2016
- CountingJonathan came home with a class list of students. When Tony asked him how many of them are Bulgarian, and how many not, he started counting kids on the list. "Those whose last names are with a "v" at the Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 25, 2016
- New School OrientationTomorrow is our kids' first school day at their new school in Bulgaria. It is sunny, and still summer time, so it will be an adjustment for all.
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 23, 2016
- International Children's Golf Tournament
At the International Children's Golf Tournament, it was set up so that the kids Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 22, 2016
- Birthday celebrationsBirthdays in Bulgaria include a candle-blowing, "Happy Birthday" singing, cake eating part, just like celebrations in many other parts of the world. Bulgarians also make a point of calling each other on birthdays. My Mom's phone kept on ringing Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 22, 2016
- Last day at the Black SeaSummer time at the Black Sea is coming to an end for us. We are saying good byes throughout the day, as we see friends and acquaintances.
Note: This happened a few days ago.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/843436/5021ED6BD45153538763A60C23B692C Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 21, 2016
- As the day starts
Taking a walk first thing in the morning, the peace and quiet around me fills my so Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 13, 2016
- At a soccer game
Two Division A soccer teams played at a nearby stadium, and the five of us, as well as two friends went to the game. Fans were already cheering as we entered the stadium Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 9, 2016
- Pirate Night
Who knew that the idea of a Pirate Night would bring such excitement for big and Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 8, 2016
- Relaxing on the beachHere are some moments from our time at Black Sea's Argata beach, "our favorite beach in the world," as the kids say!
Kids love to rest on the hammocks, enjoy collecting crabs and create habitats for them, play soccer, do swim Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 7, 2016
- Our Wedding Anniversary"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."
At our favorite restaurant on the Black Sea coast - Balcon Del Mundo, Kavarna, Bulgar Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 7, 2016
- Black Sea - Birds and a Birdie
The Black Sea coastline takes my breath away every year. Glorious hues transform into yet another shade of beautiful as sunlight shifts throughout the day. The area ne Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Aug 3, 2016
- Day 5 & Day 6After cornflakes, wheetos in warm milk for breakfast we were on the road to the Bulgarian border at Vidin by 9.00am. With the sun shining the border was done in half an hour and over bridge to Bulgaria. Then the Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Jun 16, 2016
- Just a Bulgarian Sunset
Yup despite great guesses of exploding pigeons and atomic instagram farts the picture was, as I'm sure you all guessed, just a sunset. However, it was a fairly impressive and unique Bulga Posted by 19jenny79 in A Long Road | Feb 20, 2015
- What in the world is that?Sometimes the world throws up some weird moments. Gold star for creative thoughts on how this came about?
Posted by 19jenny79 in A Long Road | Feb 14, 2015
- Bulgaria, Bansko Jan 2015 Posted by pointeast in Cool places and people | Feb 4, 2015