- What brings a nation together? What brings a nation together? Political, social, economic issues, and pure human envy divide people. I am not talking just about the States, and Donald Trump. Turn on news anywhere in the world - negativity, black and white strokes of Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Feb 14, 2017
- Sofia Open excitement and an "Evening With The Stars"Grigor Dimitrov made all Bulgarians proud a few days ago. Eagerly, excitedly and expectantly, we all watched him play in the Australian Open semi-final against Nadal. I can speak for myself, I watched the game closely, screaming and cheering... Dimitrov Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Feb 8, 2017
- AbandonedWalking around old town Sofia last week, I could not resist taking photos of some of the buildings and areas I passed by!
[img=http:/ Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Feb 6, 2017
- Hope for the Little Ones
As I walked into the house, six sets of excited little eyes followed me! I smiled at the little ones and picked one of the children up Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Jan 31, 2017
- Snow-much fun!This past week weekend, our kids skied for the first time in Bulgaria. The weather was perfect - sunny and with pleasant temperatures! The fresh air was crisp and fragrant.
Borovetz resort is just an hour south of Sofia. Located in Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Jan 23, 2017
- A new opportunity in snowy Sofia Last year, the international school approached me and asked me to consider substitute teaching for them. Prayerfully, I considered. The nice part is that if a day works in my schedule I can go in, and if it does not Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Jan 14, 2017
- One of the best giftsWith a big smile, holding onto her "teddy," my niece (and my sister) came out of arrivals at Sofia airport a week ago. My parents were overjoyed, as one can imagine.
We love having them both here in Sofia! Unfortunately, my Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Dec 25, 2016
- Christmas preparations in BulgariaAround the world people are preparing for Christmas! For many, Christmas is a time of anticipation, preparation, and celebration. For others, it is a time of sadness and loneliness. As I walk down the city street and see a trash-gatherer, Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Dec 17, 2016
- On the way to schoolHere are some snapshots from part of our drive to school that goes through a neighborhood, vs. the highway!
Tall buildings built during communist time house many people in the suburbs. Since the the children's school is located just outside Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Dec 17, 2016
- Singing a new song - three concerts with different flairsThree concerts in the past two weeks filled me with memories and gratitude.
Bodra Smyana, a children's choir where I sang for nine years, celebrated a 70th anniversary on December 1st. Current and former choir members celebrated a child Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Dec 9, 2016
- First SNOWJust as November was running out of days, slowly but steadily snow flakes kept dancing down from the sky. A beautiful, white cover draped over the city! First snow brought joy and laughter for some, and concern for drivers - Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Dec 8, 2016
- Plovdiv's quaint ambiancePlovdiv is a pleasant surprise! Bulgaria's second largest city is quaint, picturesque, walkable and only an hour and half away from the capital! It's old town sprawls over several of the seven emblematic hills in town. Roman ruins, Turkish baths, Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Dec 8, 2016
- Thankful The kids voted for going out to dinner on Thanksgiving! I was conflicted, but did not argue with them. We have had many wonderful meals with family and friends in the States, sharing the load of preparing the Thanksgiving Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Nov 29, 2016
- Falling in love with fall at the Black Sea
This past weekend Tony and I experienced the Black Sea in the fall.
Stunning vie Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Nov 15, 2016
- Veliko Tarnovo's Big SurpiseIn view of some recent disturbing developments you might be looking for somewhere well off the radar to hunker down for awhile, and northern Bulgaria might be just the place for you. This is the scenic mountain city of Veliko Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 11, 2016
- Bulgaria's Best Kept SecretHere's an idea. Pull out a map of Europe and stick your finger on Plovdiv – No! Can't place it? Incredible. Like us, you probably thought a Plovdiv was a polite form of 'plonker' or a Polish sausage. Nope – Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 10, 2016
- Coffee timeCafe's dot the city and the suburbs.
Here's how we started our morning today - breakfast with Jonathan at his favorite French cafe.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Nov 5, 2016
- The city's sights and soundsGrowing up in the city, I enjoyed attending concerts, exhibits, and just walking around. Just skips away from where we live in Sofia, there is so much going on! Nigel Kennedy, Montserrate Caballe, Bryan Adams are some of the highlights Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Nov 5, 2016
- Fall around SofiaLeaves are turning various shades, the air is crisp and refreshing. Here are some collages of us enjoying fall in Bulgaria!
We enjoyed a warm fall day walking around the former king's residency outside of Sofia. Boys played soccer, scootered and Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Nov 1, 2016
- Halloween in BulgariaHonestly, I never celebrated Halloween growing up. My father remembers that as a child he did carve pumpkins at some point in the fall, and his brother dressed up trying to scare siblings and friends. Once communism took over, Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Nov 1, 2016
- Crossing Perin and Rila mountains - Bulgaria (video)I have originally shoot it in Russian, here is a subtitled version with some of the most beautiful views and my modest commentary
Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 6, 2016
- Left behindDriving behind the garbage truck last night, my headlights illuminated the containers emptied. The garbage collectors quickly moved from one container sitting on the street edge, to the next. Slowed down, I had some flashbacks.
Living in an apartment Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Oct 31, 2016
- Crossing Perin and Rila mountains - Bulgaria June 2015We were meaning to do this trip for quite a while, but something would usually pop up and we would go someplace different. First time I went to Bulgaria was back in 2011 for a skiing trip. Sadly I've broken Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 6, 2016
- Bryan Adams concert"The best concert I've been to." My friend Rumi exclaimed! Indeed, the unison of audience, musician and visual art was amazing! Bryan Adams is well known in Bulgaria and it showed during his Sofia concert on Tuesday night, the last Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Oct 14, 2016
- Tennis timeLast weekend, Sophia was part of her school's middle school tennis team, competing with international schools from Central and Eastern Europe. For the past six weeks, middle school girls had practiced tennis couple of days a week after school. Sophia Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Oct 14, 2016