- Just a Bulgarian Sunset
Yup despite great guesses of exploding pigeons and atomic instagram farts the picture was, as I'm sure you all guessed, just a sunset. However, it was a fairly impressive and unique Bulga Posted by 19jenny79 in A Long Road | Feb 20, 2015
- What in the world is that?Sometimes the world throws up some weird moments. Gold star for creative thoughts on how this came about?
Posted by 19jenny79 in A Long Road | Feb 14, 2015
- Bulgaria, Bansko Jan 2015 Posted by pointeast in Cool places and people | Feb 4, 2015
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - NESSEBUR, BulgariaWe are now parked in Burgas but the destination is just up the coast - Nessebur...
First stop is of course a Museum. This one is very nice..
Here is a treasure trove of silve Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 11, 2014
- Intrepid Tour 3 - Bulgaria...The End is Near
We crossed the Friendship Bridge and arrived in Bulgaria. Sadly this also meant we were on the last half of our Intrepid.
[img=h Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 5, 2014
21st Aug to 25th Aug: Our quick visit to Turkey was over and it was time to head to our next destination, Plovdiv in Bulgaria. You may ask why Bulgaria, well due to the Schengen agreement we're on Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Sep 30, 2014
- SOFIA, BULGARIA
This morning, Tuesday 23 September, we had a 7.30am departure for a long day's drive to Sofia. An hour or so lost at the border betw Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Sep 24, 2014
- VarnaLocal transport: At last, a country where they let you pay on the bus! In fact, in Varna, there's even an old-fashioned bus conductor and she will find you rather than you being the one who has to find them. Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 14, 2014
- Veliko Tarnovo and around
Today we went shopping in town. Woke up to drizzle, though it was good to feel cool after yesterday's scorcher. Yet another of our lodgings going through change of ownership! This time it is a trio of Germans who have Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jul 5, 2014
- Tag 3Während der Nacht sind wir ein ganz gutes Stück bergwärts weitergekommen. Irgendwo ab dem Ort Silistra bildet die Donau wieder eine natürliche Grenze zwischen Rumänien im Norden und Bulgarien im Süden. In Bulgarien heißt die Donau Dunav. Der bulgarische A Posted by fegoesdonau in FE goes DONAU | Jun 3, 2014
- Weightlifters & steroids?....there is a lot more to BulgariaWell the dream start had to come to an end sometime; woke this morning to steady drumming rain and that is the way it stayed! Everyone got to experience what did and what did not work in the wet weather Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | May 31, 2014
- A good week[center][/center]
When you journal, the level of detail in the descriptions depends greatly on the time passed between entries. What wou Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Apr 30, 2014
- Sofia, Bulgaria (19th - 22nd August)Sofia train station isn't the best introduction to the city. As well as being quite run down and low on amenities, you get people hassling you and trying to get money out of you by claiming they've helped you out. Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Sep 14, 2013
- Bulgaria[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Bulgaria/|Photos of Bulgaria]]
Prior to the commencement of this trip, many people in Melbourne scorned my obsessive formulation of an exceedingly regimented itinerary. However, I h Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Sep 1, 2013
- Beguiling Bulgaria 16th July
After spending the morning in Bucharest, we spent the rest of the day travelling to Veliko Tarnovo (V.T.), the ex-capital of Bulgaria.
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 15, 2013
- Day 10 RuseDay 10 Ruse
Crossing into Bulgaria was a continuation of the vast fields. What they farm here I really don't know. I saw fields of sunflowers but the rest well I don't know. It was still hot and Posted by Vicky Bailey in Windy500 | Jun 26, 2013
- Balkins (Al)FrescoeWizz Air transported us from Verona to Bucharest, and the two hour journey was not only comfortable but got us to the Balkans safely. Romania was not nearly as dire as Judith might have imagined. Our 29 year old Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Jun 25, 2013
- Southeast Europe Part 1 - SofiaPacked and ready to start my trip, I set off to meet my friends in Sofia. With a quick stop in Charles de Gaulle airport, I arrived in Sofia airport at the late afternoon and headed to the city center. Posted by danics in World Away | Jun 17, 2013
- Bullet trip through Southeast EuropeHaving to deal with all the limitations of my vacation allowance for the year, next week was just too good to let good: June 10th being a national holiday and the 13th a local one, my friends invited me on Posted by danics in World Away | Jun 3, 2013
- Homeward boundMy last day in Bulgaria. Phewf.
Don’t get me wrong, I have enjoyed my time here, there is no reason to complain about a place where you get to snowboard every second day, the giant bottles of beer cost about Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Mar 15, 2013
- 50 shades of Grey, with a tinge of BrownI am dirty. So dirty. And not in a good way. Take your mind out of the gutter boys.
I feel constantly unclean. Iain and I are cooking dinners and cooked breakfast for the customers every day, and anyone who has Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Feb 26, 2013
- Bulgaria: No government, no problem. So Iain and I are currently cooking breakfasts and dinners for 20 people in Samokov, Bulgaria.
Twenty British tourists that seem to be completely unaware that they are in Bulgaria, not a Hilton Hotel in London. If I wasn’t essentially Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Feb 22, 2013
- 50 countries and counting!So here I am in Sofia, Bulgaria. My 50th country! I started this journey to bridge my young adulthood to real adulthood. Before I took off for Jordan in February 2006, I thought I would just travel Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 16, 2012
- And Bulgaria makes 50!I wake up somewhat early. I only have one day in Belgrade before my train leaves late tonight for Sofia, Bulgaria. I have breakfast at a nearby hotel and develop a route to a neighbourhood I'd like to Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 14, 2012
- Rila Monastary BulgariaOn October 25 we took a bus from Sofia to Rila Monastery, the largest East Orthodox monastery in Bulgaria. We bounced along, through the mountains in the mist, stopping in villages where ladies in housecoats passed money through the Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 19, 2013