- Homeward boundMy last day in Bulgaria. Phewf.
Don’t get me wrong, I have enjoyed my time here, there is no reason to complain about a place where you get to snowboard every second day, the giant bottles of beer cost about Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Mar 15, 2013
- 50 shades of Grey, with a tinge of BrownI am dirty. So dirty. And not in a good way. Take your mind out of the gutter boys.
I feel constantly unclean. Iain and I are cooking dinners and cooked breakfast for the customers every day, and anyone who has Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Feb 26, 2013
- Bulgaria: No government, no problem. So Iain and I are currently cooking breakfasts and dinners for 20 people in Samokov, Bulgaria.
Twenty British tourists that seem to be completely unaware that they are in Bulgaria, not a Hilton Hotel in London. If I wasn’t essentially Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Feb 22, 2013
- 50 countries and counting!So here I am in Sofia, Bulgaria. My 50th country! I started this journey to bridge my young adulthood to real adulthood. Before I took off for Jordan in February 2006, I thought I would just travel Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 16, 2012
- And Bulgaria makes 50!I wake up somewhat early. I only have one day in Belgrade before my train leaves late tonight for Sofia, Bulgaria. I have breakfast at a nearby hotel and develop a route to a neighbourhood I'd like to Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 14, 2012
- Rila Monastary BulgariaOn October 25 we took a bus from Sofia to Rila Monastary, the largest East Orthodox monastary in Bulgaria. Originally built in the tenth century it was later rebuilt in the fourteenth century and a small part of that Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 19, 2013
- SOFIA and Plovdiv, BULGARIAOct 23, 24 Sofia
We took a slow dirty train from Bucharest to Sofia. It left at 1 pm and arrived at 1030 pm. No time change.
Once on the train we could not get off and there was no Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 18, 2013
- Travel day to BulgariaWe planned on taking a bus or train down the coast into Bulgaria, however, there is no train that goes there, and the only bus doesn't leave until 4:00 pm, so rather than spend the day waiting we will still Posted by toddllama in Todd & Linda's European Adventure | Oct 12, 2012
- VarnaAfter a night stopover back in Istanbul, we caught an over-night bus to Bulgaria. We chose Varna as our destination there because our Lonely Planet book rated it and it was on the coast of the Black Sea which meant Posted by KPad in Possibly lost, probably having fun... | Sep 30, 2012
- Хавана ще ни посрещне със слънце :) Posted by juepich in Семейни пътешествия | Sep 4, 2012
- Валнало е в КубаГледаме тази вечер една интерактивна карта на Есри за урагана Исаак и се оказа, че не е валяло над цяла Куба :)
Може би ветровете са били силни, но ще си слагаме камъни в джобовете!
Posted by juepich in Семейни пътешествия | Aug 28, 2012
- Тропическа буряЦял ден следя развитието на циклона Исаак, който се очаква да премине през Куба идните дни.
Доста рано тази година започват циклоните :)) Много ще се радвам да усетя тяхната мощ, но май все пак не искам чак такива екстремности...
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by juepich in Семейни пътешествия | Aug 24, 2012
- ПодготовкатаОстават 15 дни до заминаването ни за Куба :)
Това, което сме направили до този момент, е:
- извадени са визи
- подготвени са всички документи - програма, ваЛчери, билети
- направила съм жизненоважния файл с информация за телефони, адреси, забележителн Posted by juepich in Семейни пътешествия | Aug 24, 2012
- Eastern BlastThanks to the ferry schedule getting us back to Athens late in the evening, and back to our van even later, we needed a sleep in before setting off north, so didn’t get out of Athens till after 2pm. We Posted by Mr n Mrs Awsme in The Great Euro Adventure | Aug 12, 2012
- Istanbul to BudvaHaving loved every minute of my time in Turkey, and spending a bit more time there than I had anticipated, I had just 10 days until I had to be on Cres Island in the north of Croatia. This Posted by TaraHarry in Harry's RTW Adventure | Jul 18, 2012
- A Holiday on the Black Sea CoastIt's so pretty here in the evening. It's pretty during the day too, but in the evening, in this calm warm weather, it's particularly beautiful.
I love waking up in the morning and p Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Jun 23, 2012
- Sunny Beach, BulgariaI have definitely gone from traveling mode to holiday mode. Mind you, it's pretty hard not to slow down in a place like this. I had to drag myself away from my balcony view to go out for dinner last Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Jun 22, 2012
- The Ups and Downs Enroute to the Black Sea CoastIt wasn't my best day, but I think I've landed in heaven. I left Plovdiv early this morning by bus, and for almost the entire 5 hour journey, we traveled through massive fields of sunflowers. Some were in full bloom, Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Jun 21, 2012
- Roman around PlovdivI woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather and put the blame squarely on a frappe I had yesterday. For the last couple of weeks I've been drinking bottled water, but the frappe was filled with ice, Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Jun 20, 2012
- BanskoI caught the enterprise bus this morning, i.e., the little car driven by a big Eastern European bloke who drives along the bus route 15 minutes ahead of the bus to offer waiting passengers cheaper transport in his car. I Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Jun 19, 2012
- Making the Most of MelnikThank goodness I didn't leave Melnik early, or I would have missed out on one of my best days yet.
After breakfast at my hotel, I set out for the monastery over the hill, reportedly a two hour trek. My interpreter Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Jun 18, 2012
- Southern BulgariaBulgaria's capital, Sofia, has been a highlight of my journey. One reason people don't like it is because the pavement blocks are all broken and loose. I think that adds to the charm, walking down the street, wobbling and clunking, Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Jun 17, 2012
- Rila 7 Lakes, BulgariaI treated myself to a private guided trip with Traventuria today to see the 7 lakes in the Rila Mountains. Although it was quite a lot for one person to pay, I figured it's the same price as a nice Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Jun 16, 2012
- Getting to know SofiaI took my first taxi ride today, since it was a fair hike to the bus station. During the short trip, we pulled over and picked up the boss of the taxi company, who appeared to be waiting for a Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Jun 15, 2012
- Visiting ArbanassiI've been staying at a great hostel in Veliko Tarnovo, Hostel Mostel. It's in a lovely old building and despite the heat, I've had a great sleep both nights.
Since they Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Jun 14, 2012