- Sofia, Bulgaria (19th - 22nd August)Sofia train station isn't the best introduction to the city. As well as being quite run down and low on amenities, you get people hassling you and trying to get money out of you by claiming they've helped you out. Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Sep 14, 2013
- Bulgaria[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Bulgaria/|Photos of Bulgaria]]
Prior to the commencement of this trip, many people in Melbourne scorned my obsessive formulation of an exceedingly regimented itinerary. However, I h Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Sep 1, 2013
- Beguiling Bulgaria 16th July
After spending the morning in Bucharest, we spent the rest of the day travelling to Veliko Tarnovo (V.T.), the ex-capital of Bulgaria.
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 15, 2013
- A month in Europe comes to an end So, I have not updated this blog as regularly as I should have. I didn't even write a post when I left! Anyway, I'm a month into my travels now. My route over the last month took me through Rennes, Posted by Jerseyman in Journey to the East | Jul 26, 2013
- Day 10 RuseDay 10 Ruse
Crossing into Bulgaria was a continuation of the vast fields. What they farm here I really don't know. I saw fields of sunflowers but the rest well I don't know. It was still hot and Posted by Vicky Bailey in Windy500 | Jun 26, 2013
- Balkins (Al)FrescoeWizz Air transported us from Verona to Bucharest, and the two hour journey was not only comfortable but got us to the Balkans safely. Romania was not nearly as dire as Judith might have imagined. Our 29 year old Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Jun 25, 2013
- Southeast Europe Part 1 - SofiaPacked and ready to start my trip, I set off to meet my friends in Sofia. With a quick stop in Charles de Gaulle airport, I arrived in Sofia airport at the late afternoon and headed to the city center. Posted by danics in World Away | Jun 17, 2013
- Bullet trip through Southeast EuropeHaving to deal with all the limitations of my vacation allowance for the year, next week was just too good to let good: June 10th being a national holiday and the 13th a local one, my friends invited me on Posted by danics in World Away | Jun 3, 2013
- Homeward boundMy last day in Bulgaria. Phewf.
Don’t get me wrong, I have enjoyed my time here, there is no reason to complain about a place where you get to snowboard every second day, the giant bottles of beer cost about Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Mar 15, 2013
- 50 shades of Grey, with a tinge of BrownI am dirty. So dirty. And not in a good way. Take your mind out of the gutter boys.
I feel constantly unclean. Iain and I are cooking dinners and cooked breakfast for the customers every day, and anyone who has Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Feb 26, 2013
- Bulgaria: No government, no problem. So Iain and I are currently cooking breakfasts and dinners for 20 people in Samokov, Bulgaria.
Twenty British tourists that seem to be completely unaware that they are in Bulgaria, not a Hilton Hotel in London. If I wasn’t essentially Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Feb 22, 2013
- 50 countries and counting!So here I am in Sofia, Bulgaria. My 50th country! I started this journey to bridge my young adulthood to real adulthood. Before I took off for Jordan in February 2006, I thought I would just travel Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 16, 2012
- And Bulgaria makes 50!I wake up somewhat early. I only have one day in Belgrade before my train leaves late tonight for Sofia, Bulgaria. I have breakfast at a nearby hotel and develop a route to a neighbourhood I'd like to Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 14, 2012
- Rila Monastary BulgariaOn October 25 we took a bus from Sofia to Rila Monastery, the largest East Orthodox monastery in Bulgaria. We bounced along, through the mountains in the mist, stopping in villages where ladies in housecoats passed money through the Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 19, 2013
- SOFIA and Plovdiv, BULGARIAOct 23, 24 Sofia
We took a slow dirty train from Bucharest to Sofia. It left at 1 pm and arrived at 1030 pm. No time change.
Once on the train we could not get off and there was no Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 18, 2013
- Travel day to BulgariaWe planned on taking a bus or train down the coast into Bulgaria, however, there is no train that goes there, and the only bus doesn't leave until 4:00 pm, so rather than spend the day waiting we will still Posted by toddllama in Todd & Linda's European Adventure | Oct 12, 2012
- VarnaAfter a night stopover back in Istanbul, we caught an over-night bus to Bulgaria. We chose Varna as our destination there because our Lonely Planet book rated it and it was on the coast of the Black Sea which meant Posted by KPad in Possibly lost, probably having fun... | Sep 30, 2012
- Хавана ще ни посрещне със слънце :) Posted by juepich in Семейни пътешествия | Sep 4, 2012
- Валнало е в КубаГледаме тази вечер една интерактивна карта на Есри за урагана Исаак и се оказа, че не е валяло над цяла Куба :)
Може би ветровете са били силни, но ще си слагаме камъни в джобовете!
Posted by juepich in Семейни пътешествия | Aug 28, 2012
- Тропическа буряЦял ден следя развитието на циклона Исаак, който се очаква да премине през Куба идните дни.
Доста рано тази година започват циклоните :)) Много ще се радвам да усетя тяхната мощ, но май все пак не искам чак такива екстремности...
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by juepich in Семейни пътешествия | Aug 24, 2012
- ПодготовкатаОстават 15 дни до заминаването ни за Куба :)
Това, което сме направили до този момент, е:
- извадени са визи
- подготвени са всички документи - програма, ваЛчери, билети
- направила съм жизненоважния файл с информация за телефони, адреси, забележителн Posted by juepich in Семейни пътешествия | Aug 24, 2012
- Eastern BlastThanks to the ferry schedule getting us back to Athens late in the evening, and back to our van even later, we needed a sleep in before setting off north, so didn’t get out of Athens till after 2pm. We Posted by Mr n Mrs Awsme in The Great Euro Adventure | Aug 12, 2012
- Istanbul to BudvaHaving loved every minute of my time in Turkey, and spending a bit more time there than I had anticipated, I had just 10 days until I had to be on Cres Island in the north of Croatia. This Posted by TaraHarry in Harry's RTW Adventure | Jul 18, 2012
- A Holiday on the Black Sea CoastIt's so pretty here in the evening. It's pretty during the day too, but in the evening, in this calm warm weather, it's particularly beautiful.
I love waking up in the morning and p Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Jun 23, 2012
- Sunny Beach, BulgariaI have definitely gone from traveling mode to holiday mode. Mind you, it's pretty hard not to slow down in a place like this. I had to drag myself away from my balcony view to go out for dinner last Posted by Gotmybindle in Got My Bindle | Jun 22, 2012