- Our final days in beautiful BattambangWe have quite been enjoying our active lifestyle in Battambang with our morning runs along the river and bike riding through the countryside each day. It feels so good to wake up before the sun and be out in the Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 27, 2015
- I want to run away to the circus Another morning run, this time earlier and we watched the sun come up. Evan met some locals playing an unusual game sort of like hacky sac crossed with badminton. You basically kick a shuttle cock around in a circle. He Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 25, 2015
- Vegetarian feasting, hanging with monks & the real bat caveEveryday this place keeps getting better. We are both totally in love with Battambang. Yesterday we went for a run along the river in the morning followed by another delicious bowl of Cambodian soup, this one from a little hole Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 23, 2015
- Battambang - what a cracker of a town!Battambang is a fairly quiet town and upon first glance the streets seem sleepy and sedated with not a lot to see or do. Look beyond this however and you will be rewarded with a delightful town that has so Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 23, 2015
- New Hope CambodiaAs we left Cambodia, we were searching for the reasons why we fell in love with the country. Phnom Penh and Siem Reap are nice cities, but they certainly aren't spectacular in the way that Sydney and Cusco are. The Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | Jul 21, 2015
- Phnom PenhThe hotel that we are staying at in Phnom Penh is very nice. We have a large room with a big window that offers a view over the rooftops of the city. There is a rooftop area that has a Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 21, 2015
- Otres IIWe have relocated further along the coastline to a beach called Otres. There are two beaches here and we are at the second one which is more secluded. We are staying in a place that is right on the river Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 16, 2015
- SihanoukvilleWe have now moved onto the next destination in Cambodia, Sihanoukville. It is a costal town that is situated at the last part of the costal stretch in Cambodia. We booked two nights near Serendipity Beach which is the busiest Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 16, 2015
- 2015 - A bit Beyond Angkor & Saem Siem Reap HotelToday I go a little farther afield than Angkor Wat, to visit two less visited & so less crowded temples ..
On the way ...
[im Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 15, 2015
- KampotSo Cambodia seems to be very different to Vietnam. Actually all the countries we have visited in South East Asia have all been quite different. We originally booked two nights in a town called Kampot which is about one hour Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 14, 2015
- 2015 - Angkor Wat & Angkor ThomMy taxi drive come guide picks me up early & we are off to see the two classics around here - Angkor Thom & Angkor Wat
Maybe like me you understood that there was just Angkor Wat. Well there is Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 12, 2015
- 2015 - Sunset on Tonle Sap lake near Siem ReapTHIS AFTERNOON MY TAXI DRIVER GUIDE PICKED ME UP & WE ARE GOING FOR A BOAT RIDE OUT TO SEE THE SUN SET OVER THE TONLE SAP RIVER
WE STOP ON THE WAY TO SEE SOME PEOPLE TRAINING TO BE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 11, 2015
- 2015 - GETTING TO SIEM REAP & THE JUNGLE TEMPLEOFF THE PANDAW BOAT NOW & THE LONG BUS RIDE TO SIEM REAP. IN THE WET SEASON, THIS MIGHT BE POSSIBLE BY BOAT BUT NO SUCH LUCK IN THE DRY SEASON ..
THIS IS WHAT I SAW ALONG THE WAY Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 10, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise - A visit to Wat Hanchey ... We have moved up the Mekong a little & are having a bit of trouble finding a mooring. This is the searchlight roaming over the bank ...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P125 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 8, 2015
- Teaching and being taughtJust as I experienced the days in the orphanage as separated into two parts- the teaching and the non-teaching part, I too, felt I had to separate roles in the orphanage: The one was me, travelling to a new country Posted by Taskja in Cambodia | Jun 8, 2015
- Adapting to the situation.After having spent a reasonable time feeling sorry for myself, I figured that now it was just the perfect moment to move on and do something with it. A lesson learned some years ago, helped me to get things sorted Posted by Taskja in Cambodia | Jun 5, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise - Kampong Cham school visitEARLY EVENING & THERE IS TO BE A PARTY ON SHORE
HOSTED BY THE SHIPS COMPANY, TABLES WERE SET UP FOR DRINKS & FOOD & THE VILL Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 6, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise - Tonle Sap River
STILL PARKED IN PHNOM PENH - THOSE PEOPLE ARE ON ANOTHER CRUISE SHIP DOCKED BETWEEN US & SHORE. LUCKILY, I WAS ALREADY ABOARD B Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 5, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise- Phnom Penh & it's PagodasSTILL IN PHNOM PENH, TODAY WE SEE A LOT OF GOLDEN PAGODAS ..
FIRST THE RIDE THERE ..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 5, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise- Killing fields & Genocide museumTHIS ENTRY WILL NOT BE APPRECIATED BY EVERYONE AS SOME OF THE PHOTOS ARE DISTURBING ...
I TOYED WITH THE IDEA OF NOT TAKING THIS TOUR TODAY BUT AS YOU CAN SEE, I DECIDED TO GO & AM GLAD I DID Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 3, 2015
- Challenged by the situationEven though I had a really good start at the orphanage, the first days were challenging in many ways.
Prior to going to Cambodia. I regarded myself as quite well prepared to meet extreme conditions and poverty. Not long time Posted by Taskja in Cambodia | Jun 3, 2015
- Meeting the childrenAfter having arrived at the orphanage and having dropped of my hand luggage, I found myself standing in the kitchen, a little lost. Nobody else was there, and I had no idea what to do. I felt slightly lonely Posted by Taskja in Cambodia | Jun 1, 2015
- Arriving at the orphanageSo the arrival at Cambodia went very well. Despite not having my luggage, I was in a good mood. Sitting in the Tuktuk (just love this word), I was so excited about what the arrival at the orphanage would turn Posted by Taskja in Cambodia | Jun 1, 2015
- Arriving in Siem ReapIt feels a little weird to write my first blog entry in English, as this is neither the mother tongue of my friends nor is it mine. Anyhow, being part of a multicultural network, it seemed the best solution to Posted by Taskja in Cambodia | Jun 1, 2015
- How to get a blow job in CambodiaHow to get a Blow Job In Cambodia
Well sex industry is thriving in South East Asia , from the glittery Gentlemen clubs of Manila , the massage parlours of Vietnam to the high class brothels of Siam Reap . I Posted by Anuj Tikku in Tikku's Travelthon | Jun 15, 2015