- Nice Day for a White WeddingYesterday as Bill was still feeling unwell, we decided to stay close to the hotel, unfortunately this was too much for Bill and he had to head back to the hotel after an hour and spent the day in bed. Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 11, 2014
- How far can you go with $300?I know most people is going crazy whenever they see a cheap or sale flight promoted by different airlines. And yup I'm one of them.
Last October of 2013 I purchased a ticket from Cebu Pacific they call it piso fare, Posted by Maabesam in How far can you travel with $300? | Mar 10, 2014
- 2013 B7 OCEANIA - CAMBODIA SCHOOL TIMEBut no - School is in session, or they just filled it up for us.
Kids must have loved us.
Bringing them into school on a Sunday..
Doesn't come much more basic than this. Could be my mums classroom.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Mar 9, 2014
- Monuments and missing tuk tuksWe decided today we would head for the temples; every year millions of people travel to Cambodia to see the temples and Angkor Wat is on the middle of the Cambodian flag. Yesterday we had paid the hotel to arrange Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 9, 2014
- Kampot to Vietnam
We woke and had to say goodbye to our lovely Ko Ta Kiev island. We had planned to eat at the restaurant looking out to sea, but someone told us the wrong time and the boat left half-an-hour earlier than Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 8, 2014
- 2013 B6 OCEANIA - CAMBODIA===CAMBODIA===
Contrary to what I just said, I don't expect this to be scary at all, I will be gone by nightfall. And how scary can kids be!
I am heading to a village where I will see inside some houses, Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Mar 8, 2014
- SIHANOUKVILLE, CAMBODIA
Special interest and destination speakers have been presenting lectures about the history of all the countries we visit. Hearing a recounting of the dark chapters in Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 8, 2014
- Misplaced seats and datesBill slept off his sea sickness for a couple of hours, then woke up and ate everything edible in the hotel room and was ready to go. The hotel we were in was wonderful, so we both had our first Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 7, 2014
- Sihanoukville and Ko Ta Kiev
Our journey down to the coastal town of Sihanoukville was supposed to be 10-11 hours, but it took more like 14 (this always happens in Southeast Asia!). So we rocked up into Sihanoukville at about 9.30pm after leaving at 7.30am Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 6, 2014
- Lazy BeachLazy Beach is on the Island of Koh Rong Samloem and it takes two hours to get there by boat. As there was a few of us they had hired a boat as their boat was not big enough, Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 6, 2014
- Siem Reap and the Angkor Temples
We woke up early to catch our boat to Battambang, which surprisingly left pretty much on time. The boat itself was a bit of an old tub of a thing, but luckily it wasn’t crammed full of people which was Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 4, 2014
- The Traveller's CurseOnce, while traveling, I met a philosopher. He’d been on the road for three years, at a time when I had only been out there for a mere three months. This number interested him for, according to his experience and Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Mar 1, 2014
- Working and living in ChiroChiro has been great! We were very happy there living and working in a small community. Sophal, who opened the Organizatin for Basic Training is a genuinely great man of a huge heart and devotion to helping other people. His Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Feb 28, 2014
- Phnom Penh and Battambang
14th to 16th February:
We were sad to say goodbye to the 4,000 islands in Laos as we had a great time relaxing and could have easily spent several more days (or weeks!) there. We got our boat over to the Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Feb 28, 2014
- Siem Reap (Cambodia)[center]Oh my night bus!
We booked a sleeper bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap (11.5 hrs) from 8pm at $19 each...
After some very poor (but stereotypically Asian) management, we found 2 "beds" together and nestled in for the night.
To describe our Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 27, 2014
- Last stop before ChiroHello everybody!
We are now back on the road. Before we write about our truly amazing experience in Chiro village, here is a short summary of our stay in Sihanoukville in Decemver 2013....
As our visa was running out, we decided Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Feb 27, 2014
- Sihanoukville (Cambodia)[center]I personally didn't mind our location in Sihanoukville, (Don't Tell Mama's Hostel, Otres Beach) but I'm less of a nightbird than Ricky and being at the end of the quiet beach, put us 10 minutes away by tuk-tuk to civilisation Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 27, 2014
- No woman, no cryWe've had a quiet couple of days, especially me, who spent yesterday in bed with a upset stomach; this allowed Bill to spend yesterday exploring on his own.
The walk to the beach takes us about five minutes, but it Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 27, 2014
- Cambodia continued.....[center]After lunch, we continued our day by going to the Royal Palace.
Gorgeous, elaborate buildings dotted the spotless grounds with large trees and topiaries providing natural beauty to compliment the elegant man-made structures.
[img=http://phot Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 26, 2014
- SihanoukvilleAfter spending the whole day next to the pool at Raffles in Phnom Penh we were ready to head for the Cambodian Coast.
We booked the same company for our journey to Sihanoukville as our journey from Saigon, which had Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 25, 2014
- Temples, tuk-tuks and friends[center][/center]
If you want to see the whole world, stay no longer than three days at a place. It's not just me says it. I first heard the concept in the Kino’s Journey seri Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Feb 25, 2014
- Angkor, What?We took a bus from Bangkok’s Northern Bus Terminal Mo Chit to the Cambodian border without much hassle (turn up, buy ticket, buy snacks, get on next departing bus, off we go). Rather than take yet another 3 hour bus Posted by TessAndRach in Asian Adventure | Feb 23, 2014
- WatThis morning mainly due to too many cocktails the night before we swapped our day around and decided to go to Wat Phnom in the morning, which is over the road from our hotel and head for the Royal Palace Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 22, 2014
- Wats it all about?We spent the night at 'Me Mates Place', I tried very hard not to look at the dirty walls, dirt on the floors and grubby bed linen, the towels which we paid a $10 deposit for, which were in tatters Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 20, 2014
- Entering CambodiaWe caught the bus to Phnom Penh at 8.30am yesterday morning. Bill and I were in seats near the back of the bus near the toilet, there was a lady on board who was pregnant and she went to toilet Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 19, 2014