- Cambodian countrysideHaving seen a fair share of city life, we felt the urge to get out of town and to discover more of the countryside. So we booked a tour to check it out.
The first part of the tour brought Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Mar 28, 2017
- Quick stop in CambodiaTraveling always makes me step out of my comfort zone. It makes me do things differently than I do at home. I feel comfortable to just go places alone, I become much more willing to approach complete strangers and strike Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Mar 27, 2017
- Exploring Phnom PenhOur first full day in Phnom Penh started already as good as it gets. The hotel featured a fabulous breakfast buffet – a treat we’ve not experienced since the start of our journey almost one year ago.
Despite the excellent Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Mar 25, 2017
- A full week in Phnom Penh? Why that? Getting from Auckland to South East Asia, is fairly easy and cheap. With AirAsia serving the region so well, we were able to get to Phnom Penh in Cambodia for less money than the one way flight from Sydney to Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Mar 24, 2017
- Getting back to Phnom Penh
I rode my bike back to Sihanoukville. I had a fresh homemade english muffin sandwich, and I found a guy with the Weezer logo shaved into the back of his head. I took the bus back to Posted by baixing in No Fixed Address | Mar 5, 2017
- Relaxing day on Otres beach 1
We had some nice relaxing times on the beach. I really needed it, I was super tired.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by baixing in No Fixed Address | Mar 5, 2017
- Otres beach with Jack
I rented another bike and went to go explore some beaches. There was a really nice one called Independence beach and when I got there I stayed for the rest of the day. I had a delicious Posted by baixing in No Fixed Address | Mar 5, 2017
- The worst hostel in the world
I decided to put an end to these sand flies everywhere, so I left in the morning to go to Sihanoukville, which would be my last stop. I had found out that a fellow TravelPod blogger was Posted by baixing in No Fixed Address | Mar 5, 2017
- Sick and tired and itchy
Lottie went on a jungle hike early in the morning, and I just stayed in bed all day. Taking anti-histamines for the itching sand fly bites. I even got takeout breakfast and a taro shake Posted by baixing in No Fixed Address | Mar 5, 2017
- Beautiful Koh Kong island
Lottie and I left on the boat to Koh Kong island. It really was great. After a two hour ride, we were deposited in paradise. We had a beautiful beach all to ourselves. The water was cry Posted by baixing in No Fixed Address | Mar 5, 2017
- Changing guest houses
I was supposed to take a boat to Koh Kong Island at eight, but it wasn't leaving because of "the weather". Later, someone else told me there just weren't enough people for the tour, so Posted by baixing in No Fixed Address | Mar 5, 2017
- Bad guest house in Koh Kong but delicious dinner
I almost missed the bus after completely not hearing my alarm. However, I kind of knew what color the sky was at 6 a.m., because I seem to always get up then anyway.
I rushed out to Posted by baixing in No Fixed Address | Mar 5, 2017
- 8th January 2011Another travel day. After breakfast in a beautiful rooftop cafe, we hopped on a bus for the six hour journey to Phnom Penh. Cambodia must be the flattest country on earth - I saw one (small) mountain the entire time. Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Mar 3, 2017
- 7th January 2011Attempt two at sunrise over Angkor Wat: successful. We repeated the whole routine once more, but this time we did not get lost and we had purchased our tickets yesterday. We arrived as light was coming into the sky, and Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Mar 3, 2017
- Day 2 ....more temples!February 25
I met Kol Chhen in the lobby at 9 am to continue the temple tour.
Preah Khan was built in the 12th Century and was dedicated to the King's father. Preah Khan means "holy sword".
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/726731/IMG_2372. Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 24, 2017
- Raiders of the Lost Ark! - Angkor Wat in Siem Reap February 24
Heres a disclaimer.....I saw so many temples and walked many many kilometres. I will label the temples I can remember.
I met Mr. Kol, my guide, in the lobby at 5 am. Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 24, 2017
- Walking tour around Phnom Penh
Cambodian sunset.... from the roof of the hotel tonight.
I ventured out around 8:30 am on foot to Central Market. It was a long, long walk....an hour in the heat! There Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 22, 2017
- ....and I'm off![[http://https://secure.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm?user=samchow58&tripid=992615|Your text to link here...]][[http://<div id='travellerspoint-map726731_992615'><InvalidTag |Your text to link here...]]February 17
Trying very hard to pack light! I Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Feb 21, 2017
- Cambodia- Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Angkor WatJames and I are currently on Thailand! After a grueling travel day we are in Koh Tao and have started our diving course. Tomorrow we do our first dive!
Getting here involved a very very choppy ferry ride that left Posted by BrianMader in Brian Mader | Feb 14, 2017
- Siem Reap - Singapore Airport - Friday, 10 February 2017Great sleep last night and for the first time in a long time, we woke up naturally, without having to worry about setting the alarm. All packed, now going for a late breakfast.
We checked out a bit early and Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Feb 10, 2017
- Siem Reap - Thursday, 9 February 2017Up very, very early this morning - alarm went off at 4.20 am! yes, 4.20 am. Quick shower and down to the foyer to leave on the bus at 5.00 am to view Angkor Wat at sunrise. Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Feb 9, 2017
- Siem Reap - Wednesday, 8 February 2017 Busy temple day today and early start. Phil decided not to come because we have been here before, albeit 10 years ago, but I went on the morning tour which left at 7.40 am and took in Angkor Wat Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Feb 9, 2017
- Mekong Cruise - Siem Reap - Tuesday, 7 February 2017Sad day today - we are leaving our lovely Scenic Spirit for the five hour drive to Siem Reap. It's not really that far and the road is excellent, bitumen all the way, but we stopped a couple of Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Feb 8, 2017
- Wat Hanchey - Kampong Cham - Monday, 6 February 2017We sailed all night and woke up this morning, tied up to a tree on a remote river bank. Memories of the Irrawaddy! The climb up the river bank looked ominous but as usual, there were Scenic staff Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Feb 7, 2017
- Oudong - Kampong Tralach - Ko Chen - Sunday, 5 February 2017We are tied up at a river bank and as we woke up, we saw our transport for the morning, grazing on the river bank - oxen.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/562028/20170205_113 Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Feb 7, 2017