- Crossing the border from Cambodia to LaosThe border crossing from Cambodia to Laos was a crazy affair. Like when we crossed from Vietnam to Cambodia we expected to pay more than the price that is stated on the embassy website. It is a well known fact Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Aug 11, 2015
- Kratie - our last stop in CambodiaAfter being held up in Siem Reap a little longer than anticipated we were left with only a few days before our Visas were due to expire. Although there are many transport options to duck straight into our next stop, Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Aug 10, 2015
- The grand finale - Angkor Wat & Angkor Thom We visited Angkor Wat at sunrise. Arriving at the site just after 5am, we hoped to see a nice sunrise over the glorious Angkor Wat. Unfortunatley due to the cloud cover there was no real sunrise, the sky was dark Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Aug 10, 2015
- Day Two of temple hopping: Ta Prohm & Banteay KdeiWe hired bikes again and rode around the temple complex, this time visiting two different temples. The first one we visited is high on the list for tourists to visit. It is known as the 'Tomb Raider Tomb' which is Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Aug 6, 2015
- CambodiaOn our first day in Siem Reap we enjoyed a cruisey day. We did our usual 'walk about' to get our bearings and acclimatise ourselves to our local area. We found a great little coffee shop serving a good line Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Aug 5, 2015
- Day One: Prah Khan, Neak Pean & Eastern MebonTo visit the Angkor Archaeological Park we are staying in Siem Reap, the closest city to the area. It is about 8km away and we hired bikes to ride out the park and explore the temples. There are many temples Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Aug 1, 2015
- Our final days in beautiful BattambangWe have quite been enjoying our active lifestyle in Battambang with our morning runs along the river and bike riding through the countryside each day. It feels so good to wake up before the sun and be out in the Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 27, 2015
- I want to run away to the circus Another morning run, this time earlier and we watched the sun come up. Evan met some locals playing an unusual game sort of like hacky sac crossed with badminton. You basically kick a shuttle cock around in a circle. He Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 25, 2015
- Vegetarian feasting, hanging with monks & the real bat caveEveryday this place keeps getting better. We are both totally in love with Battambang. Yesterday we went for a run along the river in the morning followed by another delicious bowl of Cambodian soup, this one from a little hole Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 23, 2015
- Battambang - what a cracker of a town!Battambang is a fairly quiet town and upon first glance the streets seem sleepy and sedated with not a lot to see or do. Look beyond this however and you will be rewarded with a delightful town that has so Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 23, 2015
- New Hope CambodiaAs we left Cambodia, we were searching for the reasons why we fell in love with the country. Phnom Penh and Siem Reap are nice cities, but they certainly aren't spectacular in the way that Sydney and Cusco are. The Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | Jul 21, 2015
- Phnom PenhThe hotel that we are staying at in Phnom Penh is very nice. We have a large room with a big window that offers a view over the rooftops of the city. There is a rooftop area that has a Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 21, 2015
- Otres IIWe have relocated further along the coastline to a beach called Otres. There are two beaches here and we are at the second one which is more secluded. We are staying in a place that is right on the river Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 16, 2015
- SihanoukvilleWe have now moved onto the next destination in Cambodia, Sihanoukville. It is a costal town that is situated at the last part of the costal stretch in Cambodia. We booked two nights near Serendipity Beach which is the busiest Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 16, 2015
- 2015 - A bit Beyond Angkor & Saem Siem Reap HotelToday I go a little farther afield than Angkor Wat, to visit two less visited & so less crowded temples ..
On the way ...
[im Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 15, 2015
- KampotSo Cambodia seems to be very different to Vietnam. Actually all the countries we have visited in South East Asia have all been quite different. We originally booked two nights in a town called Kampot which is about one hour Posted by Evalikat in Honeymooning | Jul 14, 2015
- 2015 - Angkor Wat & Angkor ThomMy taxi drive come guide picks me up early & we are off to see the two classics around here - Angkor Thom & Angkor Wat
Maybe like me you understood that there was just Angkor Wat. Well there is Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 12, 2015
- 2015 - Sunset on Tonle Sap lake near Siem ReapTHIS AFTERNOON MY TAXI DRIVER GUIDE PICKED ME UP & WE ARE GOING FOR A BOAT RIDE OUT TO SEE THE SUN SET OVER THE TONLE SAP RIVER
WE STOP ON THE WAY TO SEE SOME PEOPLE TRAINING TO BE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 11, 2015
- 2015 - GETTING TO SIEM REAP & THE JUNGLE TEMPLEOFF THE PANDAW BOAT NOW & THE LONG BUS RIDE TO SIEM REAP. IN THE WET SEASON, THIS MIGHT BE POSSIBLE BY BOAT BUT NO SUCH LUCK IN THE DRY SEASON ..
THIS IS WHAT I SAW ALONG THE WAY Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 10, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise - A visit to Wat Hanchey ... We have moved up the Mekong a little & are having a bit of trouble finding a mooring. This is the searchlight roaming over the bank ...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P125 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 8, 2015
- Teaching and being taughtJust as I experienced the days in the orphanage as separated into two parts- the teaching and the non-teaching part, I too, felt I had to separate roles in the orphanage: The one was me, travelling to a new country Posted by Taskja in Cambodia | Jun 8, 2015
- Adapting to the situation.After having spent a reasonable time feeling sorry for myself, I figured that now it was just the perfect moment to move on and do something with it. A lesson learned some years ago, helped me to get things sorted Posted by Taskja in Cambodia | Jun 5, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise - Kampong Cham school visitEARLY EVENING & THERE IS TO BE A PARTY ON SHORE
HOSTED BY THE SHIPS COMPANY, TABLES WERE SET UP FOR DRINKS & FOOD & THE VILL Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 6, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise - Tonle Sap River
STILL PARKED IN PHNOM PENH - THOSE PEOPLE ARE ON ANOTHER CRUISE SHIP DOCKED BETWEEN US & SHORE. LUCKILY, I WAS ALREADY ABOARD B Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 5, 2015
- 2015 - Mekong river cruise- Phnom Penh & it's PagodasSTILL IN PHNOM PENH, TODAY WE SEE A LOT OF GOLDEN PAGODAS ..
FIRST THE RIDE THERE ..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jul 5, 2015