- Angkor Wat: Cambodia===Angkor Wat===
Angkor Wat ("Capital Temple") is huge! It is the largest religious monument in the world. It was originally constructed as a Hindu temple for the
god Vishnu in the early 12th century, but then was gradually transformed into a Buddhist Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Oct 26, 2016
- Siem Reap- 4 nights/3.5 days- A city of contrastsOverview:
A city of contrasts
Hip and happening, quaint and quiet, affluent and poor, Siem Reap is a place of contrasts and steeped In history.
Visited temples, a floating village on Tonle Sap, leaned to make Khmer Cocktails and had Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 13, 2016
- Phnom Penh- 2 nights/1 day- short but sweet Overview:
Our time in Phnom Penh was limited and we didn't have an opportunity to fully explore the city but what we did see we loved.
Visited Cheung Ek (Killing Fields) and S- 21 (Genocide Museum), explored the Riverfront and sipped Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 13, 2016
- Cambodia: Gods and Demons
From the idyllic beaches of Koh Kud, Thailand, we catch the ferry back to Trat. It takes 2 buses, a shared taxi and another taxi to get us across the border into Cambodia. The border cro Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Aug 23, 2016
- Chilling in CambodiaWe had an amazing, relaxing day in Siem Reap! We started off the morning groggily waking up around 9:00 a.m. to make it to the hotel restaurant before breakfast ends at 10:00 a.m. We both probably could have slept for Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 13, 2016
- Angkor WatWhat an incredible day exploring the ancient Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples! We started our morning off dark and early when we woke up at 4:00 am. We had to take a tuk tuk at 4:30 am to get Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 13, 2016
- Travel Day: Hanoi to Siem ReapIt was another loooooong travel day. It's definitely more difficult and time consuming to travel through Southeast Asia in comparison to Europe (or Japan), for example. We started our morning off by waking up at 4:30 am to finish packing Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 11, 2016
- SeimReip[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/Angkor_Wat_Oct_2006_011.jpg thumb=http://photos.travel Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Sep 18, 2006
- Cambodia to Vietnam 2006[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/9F9423E0A3727AAC29B54A6830D405E3.jpg Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Sep 15, 2006
- Camboja: estrada para Siem Reap“Nosso povo está na pobreza porque nosso governo nos mantém na pobreza”, disse-me Chak, um dos poucos cambojanos que falavam inglês ao longo da Estrada Nacional 5 – caminho que liga Poipet (cidade que faz fronteira com a Tailândia) a Posted by Henrique Kugler in DIÁRIO DE VIAGENS | Jul 2, 2016
- From Angkor Wat to Pol PotDISCLAIMER: My goal with these entries is to give you accurate insights into the places that I have been fortunate enough to explore. Sometimes these accounts are not easy to read, but they depict my reflections in a raw and Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Dec 20, 2012
- Beaches, bat caves, Bangkok and Angkar Wat"Hello sirrr, ladyyy. You buy somethiiing?"
"Looking for freee."
"Hello my friend, you want tuk tuk?"
"No thanks. Just walking"
"No thanks, we're good."
"Where you going?"
"You wan go tem Posted by astpurcell in OUT THE DEPARTURE GATE | May 26, 2016
- Duck in the Tuk TukSo we just arrived at the siam reap airport. I have a couple hrs free time to write before we hop on the plane to our final country, Thailand. We woke up bright and early at 630 to get on Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | May 22, 2016
- Phnom Penh, 1975What an extremely, emotional day. I was nauseous multiple times and cried twice (no bullshit). Cambodia feels different to me, more dangerous to be honest. I don't know what it is. When Garrison said, 'look like a homeless person', a Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | May 18, 2016
- Goodbye Vietnam. Hello Cambodia.Unsurprisingly our last week in Vietnam came with both ups and downs. We travelled from the mountains back to the coast and on to Ho Chi Minh City. A week ago our time in Vietnam came to an end and Posted by astpurcell in OUT THE DEPARTURE GATE | May 4, 2016
- Cambodia [center]The next couple of days were spent travelling with three flights in three days. We had a four hour delay at Kalibo airport to fly back to Manila, arrived at The Melting Pot hostel in the early hours had a Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | May 2, 2016
- Koh Kong Bridge (ស្ពានកោះកុង) Posted by Sok_Hong in Travel With Me | Apr 17, 2016
- Wat Phnom (វត្តភ្នំ) Posted by Sok_Hong in Travel With Me | Apr 17, 2016
- Cambodia: Siem ReapKnowing our bus to Siem Reap from Battambang was at 7:30am, we got up nice and early. We hung around in the massive hostel foyer for almost an hour before anyone showed up to check us out. Luckily the bus Posted by advensha in Advensha | Apr 14, 2016
- Cambodia: BattambangOur journey from Sihanoukville to Battambang was not a smooth one, in any sense of the word. The first leg of the journey wasn't too bad; 5 hours on a comfortable mini bus to Phnom Penh. We were among another Posted by advensha in Advensha | Apr 11, 2016
- Cambodia: Sihanoukville - Serendipity & OtresOn a cloudy Monday morning in Phnom Penh we got on our mini-bus to Sihanoukville; a province in Southwest Cambodia. For the whole 5 hour journey the bus played a wildlife documentary on a fold-down screen up front based on Posted by advensha in Advensha | Apr 6, 2016
- Cambodia: Phnom PenhAs per usual we get to the travel agent where we're being picked up super early (Lauren's fault). We nip up to the shop to buy some travelling snacks and I inadvertently purchase cuttlefish flavoured peas (that I thought were Posted by advensha in Advensha | Apr 3, 2016
- Phnom Penh againDay 32 - 18 March 2016
Returning to Phnom Penh
Feeling a little tired after the St Patrick's day festivities, we had a lazy morning having breakfast and getting our bags organised for the return trip to PP before we got on Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Apr 2, 2016
- Sihanoukville for PaddysDay 31 - 17 March 2016
St Patricks day
After some more American pancakes covered in chocolate, we got back to Sihanoukville around lunchtime, after returning on the ferry.
We checked into our downtown accommodation and organised ourselves for Paddy Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Apr 2, 2016
- Koh RongDay 30 - 16 March 2016
Another bright, sunny and warm morning in Cambodia as we headed further west, across to Koh Rong, an island that is about 27km from the mainland, and another very touristy spot.
The bus took us Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Apr 2, 2016