- AND TO PHNOM PENH WE GO!
FRIDAY 7TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 160)
We braved breakfast at the hotel again and today they got Dolly's eggs just right, so lesson learned there.
A tuk tuk to the train st Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 23, 2014
- Battambang, hot dusty and where the hell is it?WEDNESDAY 5TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 158)
I woke up still feeling a little illish after yesterdays upset and lingered in bed until 11am when the hotel staff came up to move us down a few floors to a cheaper room at Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 23, 2014
- What A Load of RubbishWe woke up feeling a little worse for wear. Kate's toe nail finally gave up (probably because we used a bandaid not a bandage yesterday) and painfully half came off. Pat realised he'd lost his ID so after checking out Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 9, 2014
- SIEM REAP AND WE DID NOT SEE EVEN ONE TEMPLE!
SUNDAY 2ND MARCH 2014 (DAY 183)
It's pretty hot here in Seim Reap and times like this I am grateful we are staying at a place with a pool.
Robyn and Dolly were up bef Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 22, 2014
- CambodiaApart from almost getting a taxi to the wrong airport as I was not paying attention to my detailed itinerary.... the flight to Cambodia was easy peasy.
Being a place neither of us had been before I have to admit Posted by RachelandGeoff in Exploring on a trip of a life time | Mar 22, 2014
- A BRIEF STOPOVER IN BANGERS BEFORE WE MOVE INTO CAMBODIA
THURSDAY 27TH FEBRUARY 2014 (DAY 180)
It wasn't morning when I woke the first time, or the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th time. It was still dark every time when I woke during th Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 18, 2014
- Goodbye CambodiaOur last few days in Cambodia. Our original plan was to fly to Bangkok on Friday (we had booked the flights) but we realised our visas ran out on the 19th, our plan was to overstay by a couple of Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 18, 2014
- Kilns and ElephantsYesterday we decided to have a lazy day; we got up late and had brunch, and headed over the river to Wat Damnak. There was a lovely school in the middle and we sat listening to the children singing Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 15, 2014
- Tuk tuk LAYDEEEEE Yesterday morning we decided to have a quiet walk by the river. Close up to the river this wasn't such a good idea. The river was clean, but it was in the bright sunshine and there wasn't so much to Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 13, 2014
- Nice Day for a White WeddingYesterday as Bill was still feeling unwell, we decided to stay close to the hotel, unfortunately this was too much for Bill and he had to head back to the hotel after an hour and spent the day in bed. Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 11, 2014
- 2013 B8 OCEANIA - CAMBODIA SCHOOL TIMEBut no - School is in session, or they just filled it up for us.
Kids must have loved us.
Bringing them into school on a Sunday..
Doesn't come much more basic than this. Could be my mums classroom.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Monuments and missing tuk tuksWe decided today we would head for the temples; every year millions of people travel to Cambodia to see the temples and Angkor Wat is on the middle of the Cambodian flag. Yesterday we had paid the hotel to arrange Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 9, 2014
- Kampot to Vietnam
We woke and had to say goodbye to our lovely Ko Ta Kiev island. We had planned to eat at the restaurant looking out to sea, but someone told us the wrong time and the boat left half-an-hour earlier than Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 8, 2014
- 2013 B7 OCEANIA - CAMBODIA===CAMBODIA===
Contrary to what I just said, I don't expect this to be scary at all, I will be gone by nightfall. And how scary can kids be!
I am heading to a village where I will see inside some houses, Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- SIHANOUKVILLE, CAMBODIA
Special interest and destination speakers have been presenting lectures about the history of all the countries we visit. Hearing a recounting of the dark chapters in Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 8, 2014
- Misplaced seats and datesBill slept off his sea sickness for a couple of hours, then woke up and ate everything edible in the hotel room and was ready to go. The hotel we were in was wonderful, so we both had our first Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 7, 2014
- Sihanoukville and Ko Ta Kiev
Our journey down to the coastal town of Sihanoukville was supposed to be 10-11 hours, but it took more like 14 (this always happens in Southeast Asia!). So we rocked up into Sihanoukville at about 9.30pm after leaving at 7.30am Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 6, 2014
- Lazy BeachLazy Beach is on the Island of Koh Rong Samloem and it takes two hours to get there by boat. As there was a few of us they had hired a boat as their boat was not big enough, Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 6, 2014
- Siem Reap and the Angkor Temples
We woke up early to catch our boat to Battambang, which surprisingly left pretty much on time. The boat itself was a bit of an old tub of a thing, but luckily it wasn’t crammed full of people which was Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 4, 2014
- The Traveller's CurseOnce, while traveling, I met a philosopher. He’d been on the road for three years, at a time when I had only been out there for a mere three months. This number interested him for, according to his experience and Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Mar 1, 2014
- Working and living in ChiroChiro has been great! We were very happy there living and working in a small community. Sophal, who opened the Organizatin for Basic Training is a genuinely great man of a huge heart and devotion to helping other people. His Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Feb 28, 2014
- Phnom Penh and Battambang
14th to 16th February:
We were sad to say goodbye to the 4,000 islands in Laos as we had a great time relaxing and could have easily spent several more days (or weeks!) there. We got our boat over to the Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Feb 28, 2014
- Siem Reap (Cambodia)[center]Oh my night bus!
We booked a sleeper bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap (11.5 hrs) from 8pm at $19 each...
After some very poor (but stereotypically Asian) management, we found 2 "beds" together and nestled in for the night.
To describe our Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Feb 27, 2014
- Last stop before ChiroHello everybody!
We are now back on the road. Before we write about our truly amazing experience in Chiro village, here is a short summary of our stay in Sihanoukville in Decemver 2013....
As our visa was running out, we decided Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Feb 27, 2014
- Sihanoukville (Cambodia)[center]I personally didn't mind our location in Sihanoukville, (Don't Tell Mama's Hostel, Otres Beach) but I'm less of a nightbird than Ricky and being at the end of the quiet beach, put us 10 minutes away by tuk-tuk to civilisation Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Feb 27, 2014