- WE MOVE ALONG THE COAST FROM KEP TO KAMPOT TO OTRES BEACH.TUESDAY 18TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 199)
We rode the hire bikes down to the waterfront for another delish breaky at the Crab Kitchen. I think half the staff were still sleeping in bed (they live on the premises) when we Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 24, 2014
- STILL ON THE CAMBODIAN COAST.SATURDAY 15TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 196)
Today on Rabbit Island we did absolutely sweet F.A.
Weather was fantastic, we swam and lazed around reading all day. Caught a lot of sun yesterday so most of the day was spent in Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 24, 2014
- SOUTH TO THE COAST WE GO![b][i]Hello Readers,
Again I am going to fast forward to catch up time. I have only one day in Bangkok and want to be current so I do not loose the last week and you have no idea how it Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 24, 2014
- WE EXTEND OUR STAY IN PHNOM PENH.TUESDAY 11TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 192)
Of course we had breakfast at Feel Good Cafe and hung around for an extra couple of hours - just lingering, chatting with owner.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/612743/70E63D5A2219AC6817D3A0ACA Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 24, 2014
- Killing Fields and Genocide MuseumToday was a heavy day. We struggled with whether or not to write this entry. In the end we decided that these things happened and us not writing about them doesn't make it better or less true. As uncomfortable as Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 10, 2014
- LAZY DAYS IN THE CAPITAL, PHNOM PENH.SATURDAY 8TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 189)
Bugger, these cheap hotel rooms, the building noise from across the street that was not supposed to start until 8am, started well before 7am and I woke with a bad headache.
Looked at the buffet breakfa Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 23, 2014
- AND TO PHNOM PENH WE GO!
FRIDAY 7TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 160)
We braved breakfast at the hotel again and today they got Dolly's eggs just right, so lesson learned there.
A tuk tuk to the train st Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 23, 2014
- Battambang, hot dusty and where the hell is it?WEDNESDAY 5TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 158)
I woke up still feeling a little illish after yesterdays upset and lingered in bed until 11am when the hotel staff came up to move us down a few floors to a cheaper room at Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 23, 2014
- What A Load of RubbishWe woke up feeling a little worse for wear. Kate's toe nail finally gave up (probably because we used a bandaid not a bandage yesterday) and painfully half came off. Pat realised he'd lost his ID so after checking out Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 9, 2014
- SIEM REAP AND WE DID NOT SEE EVEN ONE TEMPLE!
SUNDAY 2ND MARCH 2014 (DAY 183)
It's pretty hot here in Seim Reap and times like this I am grateful we are staying at a place with a pool.
Robyn and Dolly were up bef Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 22, 2014
- CambodiaApart from almost getting a taxi to the wrong airport as I was not paying attention to my detailed itinerary.... the flight to Cambodia was easy peasy.
Being a place neither of us had been before I have to admit Posted by RachelandGeoff in Exploring on a trip of a life time | Mar 22, 2014
- A BRIEF STOPOVER IN BANGERS BEFORE WE MOVE INTO CAMBODIA
THURSDAY 27TH FEBRUARY 2014 (DAY 180)
It wasn't morning when I woke the first time, or the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th time. It was still dark every time when I woke during th Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Mar 18, 2014
- Goodbye CambodiaOur last few days in Cambodia. Our original plan was to fly to Bangkok on Friday (we had booked the flights) but we realised our visas ran out on the 19th, our plan was to overstay by a couple of Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 18, 2014
- Kilns and ElephantsYesterday we decided to have a lazy day; we got up late and had brunch, and headed over the river to Wat Damnak. There was a lovely school in the middle and we sat listening to the children singing Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 15, 2014
- Tuk tuk LAYDEEEEE Yesterday morning we decided to have a quiet walk by the river. Close up to the river this wasn't such a good idea. The river was clean, but it was in the bright sunshine and there wasn't so much to Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 13, 2014
- Nice Day for a White WeddingYesterday as Bill was still feeling unwell, we decided to stay close to the hotel, unfortunately this was too much for Bill and he had to head back to the hotel after an hour and spent the day in bed. Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 11, 2014
- 2013 B8 OCEANIA - CAMBODIA SCHOOL TIMEBut no - School is in session, or they just filled it up for us.
Kids must have loved us.
Bringing them into school on a Sunday..
Doesn't come much more basic than this. Could be my mums classroom.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Monuments and missing tuk tuksWe decided today we would head for the temples; every year millions of people travel to Cambodia to see the temples and Angkor Wat is on the middle of the Cambodian flag. Yesterday we had paid the hotel to arrange Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 9, 2014
- Kampot to Vietnam
We woke and had to say goodbye to our lovely Ko Ta Kiev island. We had planned to eat at the restaurant looking out to sea, but someone told us the wrong time and the boat left half-an-hour earlier than Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 8, 2014
- 2013 B7 OCEANIA - CAMBODIA===CAMBODIA===
Contrary to what I just said, I don't expect this to be scary at all, I will be gone by nightfall. And how scary can kids be!
I am heading to a village where I will see inside some houses, Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- SIHANOUKVILLE, CAMBODIA
Special interest and destination speakers have been presenting lectures about the history of all the countries we visit. Hearing a recounting of the dark chapters in Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Mar 8, 2014
- Misplaced seats and datesBill slept off his sea sickness for a couple of hours, then woke up and ate everything edible in the hotel room and was ready to go. The hotel we were in was wonderful, so we both had our first Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 7, 2014
- Sihanoukville and Ko Ta Kiev
Our journey down to the coastal town of Sihanoukville was supposed to be 10-11 hours, but it took more like 14 (this always happens in Southeast Asia!). So we rocked up into Sihanoukville at about 9.30pm after leaving at 7.30am Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 6, 2014
- Lazy BeachLazy Beach is on the Island of Koh Rong Samloem and it takes two hours to get there by boat. As there was a few of us they had hired a boat as their boat was not big enough, Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 6, 2014
- Siem Reap and the Angkor Temples
We woke up early to catch our boat to Battambang, which surprisingly left pretty much on time. The boat itself was a bit of an old tub of a thing, but luckily it wasn’t crammed full of people which was Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Mar 4, 2014