- Happy New Year!!!This time just a short 'we are OK' message. We are at the moment volunteering in a small Cambodian village situated on the bank of Mekhong river called Chiro. We are involved in an education project, which provides 260 children Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Dec 31, 2013
- Cambodia in a nutshellHi there from Vietnam!
Hope you all had a great Christmas! Ours was far away from family & friends unfortunately but good nevertheless.
We only left Cambodia a week ago but it seems like an eternity ... just because we have Posted by carmomo in New Zealand and South East Asia | Dec 29, 2013
- 2015 PADMA - MEKONG, ANGOR WATT TO SAIGONUNDER CONSTRUCTION
2015 PADMA - MEKONG, ANGOR WATT TO SAIGON
View in Planner
Covering 1843 km / 1145 miles
1 : Singapore
2 : Siem Reap, Cambodia
3 : Angkor Wat, Angkor, Siem Reap, Cambodia
4 : Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 : My Tho, Tien Giang, V Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2013
- The Pearl of AsiaAfter a very bumpy ride through the heart of Cambodia, relieved only by the munching of tarantulas in Skuon and tales of the Cambodian water-chicken, we arrived at its capital, Phnom Penh. At first impression, the city seems thriving and Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Dec 27, 2013
- Angkor What? to Angkor Wat to Angkor What? in 24 hoursFirst impressions of Cambodia when we crossed the border at Aranya Prathet/Poipet are not particularly favourable, with a sharp contrast between the Thai and Cambodian sides. It improves as you continue with the flat Cambodian countryside full of flooded Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Dec 27, 2013
- 7 Dec. Time to say "Leah seun hai" (Goodbye) I watched the sun come up this morning. This will be my last day in Cambodia.
Today is going to be busy, as my flight is this evening. I woke early and blogged! Tea at 6 and I Posted by Sue McNicholas in CAMBODIA INSPIRES..... AGAIN | Dec 22, 2013
- Day 4 (AM) - Gem hunt in PailinToday we were up very early to satisfy Justin’s gem hunt obsession*, so our first stop was Pailin, which is a town in the west of Cambodian near the border with Thailand. Pailin is famous for the sapphires and rubies Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 21, 2013
- Day 3 - Kampong Phluk and Tonle SapWe woke up feeling a little worse for wear after our night out in Siem Reap, so a quick beer for Justin:
And a quick ‘Dead Bull’ for me (ie straight shot of taurine) to get us on the road Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 20, 2013
- 6 Dec. A special dayFriday- my last full day in Cambodia.
I wake up so early these days - long before it is light. I work on the computer until I hear the cooks in the kitchen at 5 a.m., then I come and get Posted by Sue McNicholas in CAMBODIA INSPIRES..... AGAIN | Dec 19, 2013
- Siem Reap and Angkor TemplesOur 6 hour bus journey from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap soon became 9 hours to cover the 300km. It was a long slow journey, but the scenery was good as we winded through the various villages, linked together by Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Dec 18, 2013
- Night 2 - Siem Reap After an afternoon nap we decided to go to FCC in Siem Reap for dinner, which was lovely.
On the walk back through town, Justin suggested I get a foot bath with the fish:
[img=http:// Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 17, 2013
- 4 Dec. Cambodian Fun and Games!Today was Danielle's last day in Cambodia. She was keen to teach her class from last week and have a chance to say "Au Con!" ("Good bye"). Barbara had been teaching the morning classes this week, but she graciously let Posted by Sue McNicholas in CAMBODIA INSPIRES..... AGAIN | Dec 17, 2013
- Day 2 - Angkor WatAfter falling into bed exhausted last night at about 8pm, we were up bright (dark) and early at 4am this morning, and decided to go for a walk around the Siem Reap township. There are no street lights in the Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 17, 2013
- Day 1 - travel timeYesterday was a long day, with three back to back flights. We landed in Bangkok late and had to run to make our flight to Siem Reap, which landed about 7.30pm local time. The Siem Reap international airport is very Posted by MealsEeles in Asian Adventure | Dec 16, 2013
- Phnom Penh, CambodiaThe travel company with whom we had booked our bus tickets were more than willing to sort out your visa and passport stamps for exiting Vietnam and entering Cambodia for a small fee of $7 each. Everyone on our mini Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Dec 15, 2013
- 3 Dec. Angkor WatEarly Tuesday morning:
We sat for an early breakfast, as we had arranged to go to Angkor Wat early, not having known that classes would start at 8 for all the days of December. Danielle was chuckling when I came to Posted by Sue McNicholas in CAMBODIA INSPIRES..... AGAIN | Dec 15, 2013
- Day 55-60 Siem Reap
Our '10hr' bus journey from Sihanoukville was elongated by pure SE Asian illogical processes including the duel use of buses as couriers for everything from leaky bags of fish to cement Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Dec 15, 2013
- Day 52- 54 Sihanoukville
We left Kep in a minibus which was eventful as all buses in S E Asia. Once close to capacity one man removed hims Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Dec 15, 2013
- Day 50-51 Rabbit Island
We booked onto a day trip to see the sights of Kampot with intention of not returning and staying over night at the afternoon island stop off.
In the day we watched men sweating out p Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Dec 15, 2013
- Kep, Kampot and Rabbit IslandAfter a few days of recovery from the recent events we followed our new idea of trying to find a less touristy spot on the coast where we could finally stop and make a research and plan for the rest Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Dec 12, 2013
- Siem Reap, Amazing Angkor & Brief BattambangSo we arrived in Siem Reap last Friday night, with little in the way of expectations after our slightly underwhelming start in Phnom Penh. Arriving at the hotel we were really impressed - it was fab! Free fresh fruit, tea Posted by AmyRossiter26 in Amy's Travelsome Adventures | Dec 12, 2013
- North-east Cambodia[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Cambodia/|Cambodia photos]]
My trip through Cambodia concluded with four days in the least visit quarter of the country, the North-east. Thankfully, this area is absent of both fake Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Dec 11, 2013
- 2 Dec. Just a regular day Monday has snuck up on us again! We decided to spend our morning by the swimming pool. We lay in the sun, reading. Danielle with "Gone Girl" and me with "The Elements of Murder" a history about the chemical Posted by Sue McNicholas in CAMBODIA INSPIRES..... AGAIN | Dec 11, 2013
- Temples of Angkor[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Cambodia/|Cambodia photos]]
The glorious Khmer Empire is consigned to history and forgotten from the consciousness of the modern world, but their remarkable capital of Angkor endure Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Dec 10, 2013
- 1 Dec Jasmine's village and the Silk FarmToday Danielle and I are going to visit Jasmine's village. Her sister lives there with two little children and her husband.I have met them before and they are darling - the kids too. I thought we would bicycle there, but Posted by Sue McNicholas in CAMBODIA INSPIRES..... AGAIN | Dec 9, 2013