- Temple Town - Siem Reap, Cambodia Part 2Despite getting sick we LOVED Cambodia. Siem Reap was our last stop there. After a nice break we were ready (somewhat) for the 15 hour bus ride to Laos.
Stay tuned for the word from 4000 Islands, Laos
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by onerufflife in Mike and Meagan's Travel Blog | Dec 30, 2012
- Temple Town - Siem Reap, Cambodia Part 1After exactly 7 days to the hour of dengue symptoms, I started feeling better. I'm not sure if it is because the illness had run its course, or if it is because that is when our friend Monica arrived in Posted by onerufflife in Mike and Meagan's Travel Blog | Dec 30, 2012
- Czechs in Phnom PenhWith most people either at work or heading out on safari, I thought it was a good time to chase some MFIs for interviews before heading to town. A friend from my home village in the Czech Republic was arriving Posted by TheDukes in Life ala Cambodia | Dec 27, 2012
- Christmas in Phnom PenhWith the exception of a few stores selling Xmas decorations and Western coffee shops with staff wearing Xmas hats, there has been nothing in the Olympic Stadium area of Phnom Penh announcing the imminent arrival of Christmas. Largely oblivious to Posted by TheDukes in Life ala Cambodia | Dec 27, 2012
- Sihanoukville and ChristmasWe arrived in Sihanoukville, which is about the biggest beachy place there is in Cambodia, on Christmas Eve, following a quite ok 4 hour bus ride from Phnom Penh. The road was surprisingly good - much better than those Posted by miriam-dodo in Miriam and Dodo's travel blog! | Dec 26, 2012
- Christmas in Kampot!We knew we wanted to be near the coast for Xmas and new year so we started the journey back down south, breaking it up with an over night stop in Phnom Penh to see The Hobbit! As luck would Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Dec 26, 2012
- Bats of BattembangOn the elephant project we had heard about bat caves in Battembang where every sunset millions of bats fly out of the cave for their evening feast of insects. This was something we needed to see for ourselves and so Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Dec 25, 2012
- Siem Reap and Angkor TemplesUpon finishing our time at the Elephant Valley we knew we wanted to head west in search of temples. This would require us to travel across country via bus for 12 hours (it actually turned out to be 16) but Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Dec 25, 2012
- Phnom Penh night scene and the Silk Island The advantage of having a work routine is that I can plan my spare time accordingly. The disadvantage is that whilst my workday starts slightly after 6am and finishes before 6pm, most other people I live with have much more Posted by TheDukes in Life ala Cambodia | Dec 25, 2012
- Merry Christmas!Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all our friends and family!
While walking around Siem Reap we couldn't help but notice many of the great Christmas decorations, including none other than Rudolph the Red-nosed . . . Elephant?!
[img=http://photos Posted by onerufflife in Mike and Meagan's Travel Blog | Dec 24, 2012
- Battambang - Siem ReapWorst day ever. Or rather worst journey.
We were at the boat for 6.45am and had been told that this journey was a great journey, really allowing you to enjoy the countryside - it was $19USD Posted by jennabeckett in Jenna's Singapore Diaries! | Dec 24, 2012
- Phnom Penh - BattambangUp at 5.45am. Seriously the alarms on my phone do not get later than 5.45am - I have 4.30, 5, 5.15 and 5.30 - and I'm calling this a holiday!!
We had a bus to Battambang. This bus Posted by jennabeckett in Jenna's Singapore Diaries! | Dec 24, 2012
- End of the World!Today as we had all been told was 'meant' to be the end of the world - well that never happened did it?! Today was such a good day though - would have been a great end Posted by jennabeckett in Jenna's Singapore Diaries! | Dec 24, 2012
- Ho Chi Minh City - Phnom PenhToday Ula and I spent the morning in a lovely ''bookworm cafe'' which had lots of games and books in that we could read and play with for free while we drank our banana shakes - Posted by jennabeckett in Jenna's Singapore Diaries! | Dec 24, 2012
- Catching up.Siem Reap.
At this point I'm a man of few words.
Finally found a wireless dongle to have continuous connection, cheaper than an internet cafe!
And also i can't take myself to stay indoors in front of a computer screen when it's so Posted by youngexplorer in First trip to Cambodia | Dec 22, 2012
- Phnom Penh days 3 and 4 Just a quick entry! I hope you will all take a look at the photos we've added today, the Internet connection was v slow so it shows our dedication!
We've had a good couple of days, went to Wat Phnom Posted by miriam-dodo in Miriam and Dodo's travel blog! | Dec 22, 2012
- Elephant Valley ProjectWe had heard about the Elephant Valley Project which works to rehabilitate elephants that have been used for work such as logging, transport and tourism, allowing them the opportunity to live and behave as an elephant should in natural surroundings. Posted by doyledan in There and Back Again........ | Dec 21, 2012
- Young & innocent Cambodia
For those who don’t know where Cambodia is, well it is nestled between Thailand (West), Vietnam (East) and Laos just above it. Thousands of travellers flock to Cambodia for 1 reason and that is to check out Angkor Wat but Posted by jasdeep_virdee in RTW 2011 | Dec 20, 2012
- From Angkor Wat to Pol PotDISCLAIMER: My goal with these entries is to give you accurate insights into the places that I have been fortunate enough to explore. Sometimes these accounts are not easy to read, but they depict my reflections in a raw and Posted by mbeymer in เรื่องของผม | Dec 20, 2012
- Phnom PenhQuick hello from Cambodia; we arrived safe and sound in Phnom Penh yesterday, after a very scenic boat trip along the Mekong and a remarkably smooth and easy border crossing. Here it is pretty similar to other SE Asian Posted by miriam-dodo in Miriam and Dodo's travel blog! | Dec 20, 2012
- Nachtrag Vol.IVerrückt wie viel Zeit schon wieder seit dem letzten Eintrag vergangen ist, grade war ich noch in Siam Reap und plötzlich bin ich wieder in Thailand… aber der Reihe nach…
In Siam Reap w Posted by felix85 in Watch out Asia... | Dec 20, 2012
- Week 2 volunteeringEven though I have only been properly working for three days, getting up on Monday morning after a super chilled weekend was a major drag. Fortunately for me and in contrast to some other volunteers, my work is actually interesting Posted by TheDukes in Life ala Cambodia | Dec 18, 2012
- A Painful History Lesson - Phnom Penh, CambodiaWARNING: This posting recounts true, horrific events that occurred in Cambodia about 35 years ago. This is not a happy story and may not be appropriate material for everyone. I hope not to upset anyone by posting it, but this is Posted by onerufflife in Mike and Meagan's Travel Blog | Dec 18, 2012
- Weekend in SihanoukvilleAffording ourselves a little lie-in, when we finally got out of the guest house, the rest of the group staying in the neighboring Led Zephyr was nowhere to be found. Knowing that this could be by design or fully unintentionally, Posted by TheDukes in Life ala Cambodia | Dec 17, 2012
- We have a WINNER!!!Congratulations to the winner of our first ever blog contest . . . Sam! Many of you correctly identified the vendor's fruit as dragon fruit, but Sam (our brother-in-law) was the first to post, so he wins the prize!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by onerufflife in Mike and Meagan's Travel Blog | Dec 17, 2012