- Working and living in ChiroChiro has been great! We were very happy there living and working in a small community. Sophal, who opened the Organizatin for Basic Training is a genuinely great man of a huge heart and devotion to helping other people. His Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Feb 28, 2014
- Phnom Penh and Battambang
14th to 16th February:
We were sad to say goodbye to the 4,000 islands in Laos as we had a great time relaxing and could have easily spent several more days (or weeks!) there. We got our boat over to the Posted by mattandsusanne in Matt and Susanne's Travels | Feb 28, 2014
- Siem Reap (Cambodia)[center]Oh my night bus!
We booked a sleeper bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap (11.5 hrs) from 8pm at $19 each...
After some very poor (but stereotypically Asian) management, we found 2 "beds" together and nestled in for the night.
To describe our Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Feb 27, 2014
- Last stop before ChiroHello everybody!
We are now back on the road. Before we write about our truly amazing experience in Chiro village, here is a short summary of our stay in Sihanoukville in Decemver 2013....
As our visa was running out, we decided Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Feb 27, 2014
- Sihanoukville (Cambodia)[center]I personally didn't mind our location in Sihanoukville, (Don't Tell Mama's Hostel, Otres Beach) but I'm less of a nightbird than Ricky and being at the end of the quiet beach, put us 10 minutes away by tuk-tuk to civilisation Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Feb 27, 2014
- No woman, no cryWe've had a quiet couple of days, especially me, who spent yesterday in bed with a upset stomach; this allowed Bill to spend yesterday exploring on his own.
The walk to the beach takes us about five minutes, but it Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 27, 2014
- Cambodia continued.....[center]After lunch, we continued our day by going to the Royal Palace.
Gorgeous, elaborate buildings dotted the spotless grounds with large trees and topiaries providing natural beauty to compliment the elegant man-made structures.
[img=http://phot Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Feb 26, 2014
- SihanoukvilleAfter spending the whole day next to the pool at Raffles in Phnom Penh we were ready to head for the Cambodian Coast.
We booked the same company for our journey to Sihanoukville as our journey from Saigon, which had Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 25, 2014
- Temples, tuk-tuks and friends[center][/center]
If you want to see the whole world, stay no longer than three days at a place. It's not just me says it. I first heard the concept in the Kino’s Journey seri Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Feb 25, 2014
- Angkor, What?We took a bus from Bangkok’s Northern Bus Terminal Mo Chit to the Cambodian border without much hassle (turn up, buy ticket, buy snacks, get on next departing bus, off we go). Rather than take yet another 3 hour bus Posted by TessAndRach in Asian Adventure | Feb 23, 2014
- WatThis morning mainly due to too many cocktails the night before we swapped our day around and decided to go to Wat Phnom in the morning, which is over the road from our hotel and head for the Royal Palace Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 22, 2014
- Wats it all about?We spent the night at 'Me Mates Place', I tried very hard not to look at the dirty walls, dirt on the floors and grubby bed linen, the towels which we paid a $10 deposit for, which were in tatters Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 20, 2014
- Entering CambodiaWe caught the bus to Phnom Penh at 8.30am yesterday morning. Bill and I were in seats near the back of the bus near the toilet, there was a lady on board who was pregnant and she went to toilet Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Feb 19, 2014
- Cambodia[center]Our journey began in the typical tradition of us, barely getting to the airport on time.
The error this time however not being our oversleeping or going to the wrong airport in the same city, oh no. This error revealed itself Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Feb 18, 2014
- Angkor Wow! [b]Angkor is like Disneyland for anyone with even just a slight interest in history. For Brayden, Jay and me it was easily the highlight of our adventures in South East Asia. In fact, I think it’s just about the favourite Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Feb 15, 2014
- CAMBODIAWe decided our Mekong trip was a real highlight so far. We had a wonderful guide called Nam, who had an infectious sense of humour, as I discovered when we played cards with him on our overnight trip. He seemed Posted by Chrissyade in TWOGOTRAVELLING | Feb 15, 2014
- Rabbit IslandI think it might have been the tuna sandwich…all I knew was that I woke, no, dreamed that I was ill. I finally woke up at 5 am not feeling well at all. I went to breakfast and Posted by Peliroja in Time to Relax! | Feb 13, 2014
- Kampot SnapshotA five-hour bumpy bus ride from the bustling capital of Phnom Penh took us to the sleepy town of Kampot. Situated by the river and full of old world charm, the three of us were instantly smitten. It’s just so Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Feb 12, 2014
- A Gorgeous Hike, Sunset and Crab MealI couldn't procrastinate breakfast too long this morning because I had to have it between 7 and 9 am. I was determined to post my blogs from the day before but after many, many attempts—and the morning getting away Posted by Peliroja in Time to Relax! | Feb 12, 2014
- Multicultural Norms and TravelGot up and had the omelette and a cappuccino and, amazingly for a hotel that lacked so much, they were both excellent. Pick up was a little early. I had been told, originally, that the bus would leave Posted by Peliroja in Time to Relax! | Feb 12, 2014
- A Wander About PPI slept in and wasn't feeling 100%--not really hungry—so I had the best plain yogurt I ever had—they put honey and sprinkled oats on top along with Ginger Tea. I didn't get out until about noonish and I wandered Posted by Peliroja in Time to Relax! | Feb 12, 2014
- Moving On Down...I finished looking at all my plans in the morning from the night before. I was able to find a $50 flight from Phnom Penh direct to Singapore on Jetstar so I wasn't too worried. I called Jetstar Posted by Peliroja in Time to Relax! | Feb 11, 2014
- You're Not Going to 'Nam...YetOkay, what I haven’t let on yet was how, on my second night in Siem Reap—the first official day of Chinese New Year—I met up with a guy who said he had wanted to go to Vietnam but it had Posted by Peliroja in Time to Relax! | Feb 11, 2014
- Heading Back to Phnom PenhToday I took it slow getting up, getting ready and waiting for my Tuktuk to pick me up for the bus ride back to Phnom Penh. I was told it would only take 4-5 hours…but you stop for 30 Posted by Peliroja in Time to Relax! | Feb 11, 2014
- Saigon - Phu Quoc - Phnom Penh - Siem Reap - ????17.01. -19.01.2014: Ho Chi Min City/Saigon
Die Stadt von millionen Motorräder. Wir müssen doch sagen, dass es war nicht so laut wie Hanoi und nicht so verrückter Verkehr. Vielleicht weil die Straßen war sehr breiter und die Stadt war mehr offen. Posted by Eribel in Asia | Feb 7, 2014