- Getting there! Nov 21 - 24 Thursday evening I left St John's, NL for London - a mere 8 hours flight, but with 16 hours layover in Halifax (24 hrs + 5 min!!!). Well, it all went smoothly. In Halifax, slept in the uncomfortable Posted by Sue McNicholas in CAMBODIA INSPIRES..... AGAIN | Nov 24, 2013
- Phnom PenhEsta ciudad de nombre impronunciable (a lo más que nos podemos acercar con nuestros limitados sonidos es a llamarla nom pen) fue considerada en la época de la colonización francesa como la perla de Asia. Sin embargo, décadas de conflictos Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | Nov 9, 2013
- KampotWe arrive in Kampot in 2 hours which is good considering we are a little squished and sticky in our little minibus!
Rather than staying in the main town, we read that Olly's Place 1.5km out of town was a great Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Nov 6, 2013
- RatanakiriCruzar la frontera entre Laos y Camboya supuso toda una clase práctica en soborno institucionalizado y prácticas monopolistas. Para empezar, un empleado (o listillo) de la compañía de autobuses se ofrece a hacerte el papeleo, sin ni siquiera informarte de Posted by gacela in Gacela por el Mundo | Nov 4, 2013
- Cambodia - The final instalment! Final days in Cambodia
My last 5 days in Cambodia were pretty busy! I spent 3 days (23rd, 24th & 25th October) working at the children's surgical centre and 2 days running round Phnom Penh doing the tourist sights I Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Nov 3, 2013
- The road to Laos...We knew that from Siem Reap we wanted to head up into Laos, but were struggling to find reliable information about buses. The journey times seemed to vary depending on who you spoke to. We Googled, Lonely Planet’d, Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Oct 19, 2013
- Siem Reap, Cambodia!!!WARNING - A LOT OF TEMPLES AND A LOT OF PHOTOS!!!
We had been told that our mini-bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap should take about 6 hours but our driver seemed determined to do it half that! It was Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Oct 18, 2013
- Phnom Penh, CambodiaAfter another 3 bumpy hours on the coach we arrived in downtown Phnom Penh to the usual crowd of tuk tuk drivers and hawkers trying to get you to go to their hotel, telling you theirs is cheaper and nicer Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Oct 13, 2013
- Midterms are over!!Hi all! I apologize profusely for the lack of information in the last little while. A ton has been going on!! Right now we're in Siem Reap, a small town in northwestern Cambodia which cropped up next to Angkor, the Posted by chella.thornton in Chella + The World | Oct 28, 2013
- Việt Nam to CambodiaSo crossing theVietnam Cambodia boarder is fun. We decided to get a bus from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh. We thought this would be the easiest way to cross as the bus should go straight through with no changes. Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Oct 12, 2013
- Sunrise at Angkor Wat (amazeballs)The second day was an early start (although almost not early enough), to experience a sunrise over Angkor Wat. It was truly beautiful and we were lucky to have the right conditions for a stunning sunrise. Our local guide was Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Oct 27, 2013
- Siem Reap - Angkor Thom & Tomb RaiderAnother longer stop - we had 3 nights here. Having arrived mid afternoon, we had the chance to chill by the pool for a few hours. The boys lined up their bottles of beer on the shady side whilst the Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Oct 27, 2013
- The other side to Phnom PenhWe had a free afternoon in the city so a few of us visited the Grand Palace. Am starting to feel a bit templed out now but I still appreciated its beauty, immaculate gardens and the fact that it was Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Oct 27, 2013
- Sihanoukville and Koh Rong IslandArriving at Sihanoukville we were pleased and somewhat amazed that the sun was out and no signs of flooding!!
Our Guest House was cheap and no frills but had the necessary (Terry says we don't need hot water, despite how much Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 25, 2013
- Cambodia: Ta ProhmOn our way to our final tour of the day, we stopped along the road and saw some really unique carvings of elephants! We decided to take some pictures before moving on!
[img=http://photos.t Posted by Tacostoeggrolls in Tacos to egg rolls | May 30, 2013
- Phnom Penh & the Killing FieldsFirstly, I make no apologies that this is a long blog. There's much I want to convey about the appalling history of Cambodia and the slaughtering of its people. It also doesn't make for an easy read...
As we crossed the Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Oct 24, 2013
- Cambodia: Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, & Bayon TempleOur last part of our trip to Cambodia included seeing the historic and famous Angkor Wat (which means City of Temples)! It is the world's largest religious monument! Everyone that we had talked to told us that getting to Posted by Tacostoeggrolls in Tacos to egg rolls | May 23, 2013
- Cambodia! After experiencing Angkor Wat I had a few days of relaxing and recuperation in Siem Reap, this cold really knocked me for six. I spent 2 days doing nothing except sleeping and laying in bed but on the third day Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Oct 22, 2013
- Ho Chi Minh CityHello everybody,
The day before yesterday (the 18th) we bussed into Ho Chi Minh city by the evening, and had a low-key night around town.
The next day, up early and passing through the (tiny!) breakfast room, we all hopped on Posted by chella.thornton in Chella + The World | Oct 20, 2013
- Phnom PenhWe had wanted to go to Battambang.... but after speaking to locals it was badly flooded and people had been evacuated!!!
So we caught a bus straight to the Capital city, Phnom Penh.
Journey from Siem Reap to Phnom Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 19, 2013
- Discovering AngkorFor most foreigners, Siem Reap exists for one reason: as a base for the Angkor Archeological Park, the official name of sprawling complex of temples spanning several centuries of Khmer imperial history. [float=left]Having survived the minibus I spent my f Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Oct 19, 2013
- Phnom-enalAfter a painless trip over the border from HCMC (the Russians could learn a thing or two) I pitched up in Phnom Penh, the dusty capital of Cambodia. In the evening light the river and temples glowed.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/612531/C48EE3EB Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Oct 17, 2013
- Good bye Vietnam, hello Cambodia.So my adrenalin filled day was rounded off with a 7 hour night bus journey to Saigon. Lets just say its an experience I have no wish to repeat! Ever! We were crammed onto this bus with a load of Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Oct 15, 2013
- Siem Reap Journey from Bangkok to Cambodia was looking to be a bit dodgey... we had read so many stories on the internet and in the lonely planet about people getting scammed with fake Visa's and expensive tariffs on rides etc. Posted by becs and terry in look out world .... ..here we come!! | Oct 13, 2013
- First Trip to AsiaWell it's been a whirlwind of a month. Olivia came home just one day after she was born and a jet lagged Mum/Grandma arrived just in time to help out. Initially, Olivia would only sleep on her tummy Posted by fionaclark in My Nomadic Journey | Sep 12, 2013