- SihanoukvilleDay 28 - 14 March 2016
Head west to Sihanoukville
Very popular with backpackers is Sihanoukville and we headed off on Giant Ibis bus to visit it, our 3rd cambodian city in 3 days.
This bus journey passed off without any incident and Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Apr 2, 2016
- Phnom PenhDay 27 - 13 March 2016
The real capital, Phnom Penh
Just after 9am, a mini bus picked us up at our hotel to bring us to Phnom Penh, Cambodia's capital, and our third capital city on this trip.
The trip was a Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Apr 2, 2016
- BattambangDay 25 - 11 March 2016
The bats at Battambang
Tom, angkor driver himself, picked us up at our hotel after breakfast and checkout, in a motorcar, none the less. He offered to drive us to Battambang, the next stop on our Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Apr 2, 2016
- Siem ReapDay 22 - 08 March 2016
Siem Reap and Angkor Wat?
Tom, our tuk tuk driver, picked us up from the hotel to kick off day 1 of 3 of our tour of Angkor Wat and the various temples.
The tuk tuks in Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Apr 2, 2016
- Siem Reap, CambodiaWe took Cambodia Angkor Air to Siem Reap. ( thankful to have survived so I can post this)😳 We checked into the Park Hyatt hotel which had a beautiful pool and a few restaurants. That evening, one of the restaurants Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Mar 31, 2016
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia
We arrived on a Vietnam Airlines flight from Hanoi. We needed a visa to get into Cambodia. We were told someone would meet us and help process the visa upon arrival. Unfortunately, no o Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Mar 30, 2016
- Kambódía Eftir að fríinu fra flakki lauk lenti eg eftir þrjú löng flug i Bangkok. Þar kom loks að þvi sem eg hef alltaf kviðið fyrir að komi fyrir mig, bakpokinn kom ekki með mer! Eg finn starfsmann sem að kannar Posted by saeunn in Afríka og Asía | Mar 29, 2016
- Cambodia border crossingDay 21 - 07 March 2016
The infamous border crossing
And so today was the big day, the day that we had both been looking forward to, the day that we had both been nervous and excited about, after hearing and reading Posted by Ronantattan in Ronan and ciaras south east asia trip | Mar 18, 2016
- March 17 - SIHANOUKVILLE, CAMBODIA
Just a one day visit to Cambodia - what to do? Join the line of golden monks at Wat Krom?
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/5EB8DE6DC146576D364573D6CD1 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Mar 18, 2016
- asdsasdasd Posted by utkuies in SEA2016 | Feb 20, 2016
- Phnom PhenMorning of Feb 2nd after 8 amazing days at Colunms hotel in Kampot Cambodia with Jim and my new friends Howard and Elizabeth from Oxford and the Colunms manager/owner Thavy I say goodbye for now.. Bus arrives at 8:30 am Posted by Vietnamexpress in HCMC | Feb 12, 2016
- Kampot Cambodia Day seven in Kampot, after 5 days exploring with Jim decided to go it alone today.. Destination Bokor Mountain about 15 km from downtown Kampot (home base) the Columns.. After reaching the gates of Bokor Mountain and paying $2000 Reil Posted by Vietnamexpress in HCMC | Jan 30, 2016
Travelled to Cambodia... arriving in Phnom Penh (Cambodia) via Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) then travelled to/through; Phnom Penh, Battembang, P Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Jan 28, 2016
- Cambodia's capital 17/1/16 On the Sunday we waved goodbye to the beautiful coastline, travelling inland to Cambodia’s capital, Phnom Penh. We were a little anxious as we’d read quite a bit about bag snatching and scamming tuk tuk drivers but actually we Posted by Floglet in Anita and Fleur go travelling | Jan 27, 2016
- CambodiaMy travels continue, up early this morning off to bus station to catch bus to Kampot to meet up with Jim Donnelly for some adventures in Cambodia. After boarding bus I am told that bus does not go to Kampot Posted by Vietnamexpress in HCMC | Jan 27, 2016
- Cambodia's coast11/01/2016 - At around midnight we had possibly the oddest experience of our travels to date, the overnight sleeper bus. Our bus was roughly the size of a double decker bus, with the bottom half reserved for luggage whilst the Posted by AnitaBhogal in Anita and Fleur go travelling | Jan 22, 2016
- What's To Love about Cambodia===IMAGINE: Leaving all this to head home for winter===
It is still night, but I am up to enjoy a tropical evening before the dawn. The large terrace stretches out from my bedroom door, and it is deserted for all the Posted by Sue McNicholas in Vietnam via Cambodia | Jan 18, 2016
- Days 13 & 14
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/769713/large_DE5ABB3EDACA4F6008130873C1903 Posted by Bucky Slomski in Southeast Asia 2015 | Jan 17, 2016
On Saturday we waved goodbye to Siem Reap and had a beautiful (but long) bus journey through rural Cambodia. Having already heard snippets of the country's recent devastating history, we took some time to read more on the ride. Posted by Floglet in Anita and Fleur go travelling | Jan 17, 2016
- Fake Orphanage? What do you think?===Back in Seam Reap - It feels like I've come home. ===
Last week I had a chance encounter with Chunny, a former student at ACODO Orphanage , and my very favourite. She hailed me as she was biking i Posted by Sue McNicholas in Vietnam via Cambodia | Jan 15, 2016
- Siem Reap, Cambodia06/01/2016 - Our first impressions of Siem Reap weren't great. After a long bus journey (9 hours) that involved a slightly sweaty, choatic border crossing at Poipet we were dropped off at the bus station with the promise of a Posted by AnitaBhogal in Anita and Fleur go travelling | Jan 13, 2016
- CambodiaCambodia was so much fun to explore. My hostel in phnom penh wasn't the best for meeting people so I explored by myself, but in Siem Reap everyone at the hostel was very social and I got to meet many Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Jan 10, 2016
- Phnom Penh 8th to 10thSpent the day doing a bit of touring and more eating.
Went to the Killing Fields, more for my companions benefit. I did a good tour a few years ago, but was good to go back to this site. It needs Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Jan 8, 2016
- Phnom Penh Wed' 7thThe community we visited the previous day were celebrating their 10th year of working with state-less Vietnamese. So we helped them out a bit.
after lunch, which was a real buffe Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Jan 8, 2016
- Phnom Penh Tues 6thSo departed on Tuesday the 4th via bus, which was just ok. Food stops were only average.
The border crossing was horrendous. A hour and a half of standing around. Showed the Viets' at their non-compliant, no line-up worst, no Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Jan 8, 2016