- Tan Chau - Phnom Penh - Friday, 3 February 2017Today our Scenic Free Choice was to visit the Killing Fields at Choeung Ek which is the most well known of over 300 killing fields throughout Cambodia. The bus took almost an hour to get there as the traffic Posted by gaddingabout in Treasures of the Mekong | Feb 5, 2017
- Miracle in Phnom PenhWe were supposed to leave Phnom Penh this morning, but late last night we changed our plans to stay another day. Don lost his prescription sunglasses in Sen Monorom. He only realized this while we were on the elephant tour Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 26, 2017
- Busy Day in Phnom PenhWe set off this morning to explore a bit of Phnom Penh.
Walking thru the street market I took a little video to give you the flavour of the scene.
We walked over a few blocks to the Royal Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 24, 2017
- On to Phnom PenhOne thing about staying in a thatched cabin in a village is that even before the sun comes up, the roosters, dogs, and people get up. The noise level is very high and earplugs are the only way to get Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 23, 2017
- Life Along the Mekong at ChiroKathy wasn't feeling very good so she decided she would just relax for a day so Don gets to write the blog today.
The area named Chiro is made up of 12 villages that are spread out along a 10-15 Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 23, 2017
- On the Road Again - to ChiroWe had an email from OBT, where we are staying next, to ask us when and where we would arrive in Kampong Cham. They would send a tuk tuk to pick us up if they had the information. So I Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 21, 2017
- Elephant AdventureWe went for breakfast to the Green House Restaurant, where we were to meet up with the tour for the Elephant Community Program. We loaded up a van and drove off into the countryside. At our drop off point, we Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 20, 2017
- Exploring Sen MonoromAfter breakfast, we went for a short walk in the neighbourhood. First we visited a temple or pagoda with a lovely gateway. There were many little shrines (stupas?) which we figured were for the dead. We'd been told previously that Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 19, 2017
- Journey to Sen MonoromWe had arranged for a van to take us to Sen Monorom from Banlung which arrived right on time at 8:00 am. Don was still paying our bill, the staff at the Hotel were very slow this morning - Don Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 18, 2017
- HoiAn and Ancient AngkorWe've just finished day 2 of touring Ancient Angkor in Cambodia. It's all superlatives! These are unparalleled ruins on a vast scale. The most famous is Angkor Wat, only one among many temple cities of the Khmer Posted by Dharmarota in SE Asia/New Zealand/Sydney | Jan 18, 2017
- The Minority ExperienceWe set off to visit an ethnic minority village of the "Kachah". We had a guide with very little English and all day he would say "The minority Kachah", a phrase he seemed quite proud of but it wasn't very Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 17, 2017
- Travel to BanlungThis morning we had an early breakfast and said goodbye to Donna and Lyle, who are heading back to Canada, and also to Bun and his family.
Bun drove u Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 16, 2017
- Our Last Day in Siem ReapI have managed to lose my voice somehow in the last day or so. Got up this morning with not much voice at all, but at least it doesn't hurt. We had moringa tea at breakfast for its healing abilities Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 16, 2017
- Angkor Wat at SunriseWe got up at 5:00 am to get to Angkor Wat for the sunrise. We had Ton as a guide and the same two tuk tuk drivers as before - Sinh and Thou. We sat outside the temple by the Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 15, 2017
- Exploring Siem ReapAs Donna and Lyle had done a tour of the temple ruins when they were here with their G Adventure tour, they decided to go to visit the floating village and the cultural village instead of coming with us to Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 14, 2017
- Arriving at Siem ReapWe were picked up at the airport by two young men with tuk tuks. They took us to our accommodation at Bunyung Homestay. Our host, Bun, was not home when we arrived because he was out with another couple of Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 14, 2017
- Lazy Days at Lazy Beach Sunday morning after having breakfast we packed up and travelled to the Lazy Beach booking office. There we got a tuk tuk to the dock and met up with the boat to Koh Rong Samloem island. It was very windy Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 12, 2017
- Cambodia, Here We ComeWe have safely arrived in Sihanoukville, Cambodia and met up with Lyle and Donna here. It took most of two days to do it, though. A mostly uneventful trip, but very long. We had a 3 1/2 hour layover in Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 7, 2017
- Kratie to LaosFriday, December 23 and Saturday December 24
On Friday, we travelled to Kratie, a small town with a very decrepit hotel. The highlight was going out on the Mekong River in the late afternoon to view dolphins. They weren't Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Jan 3, 2017
- Phnom Penh, CambodiaThursday, December 22
Today was an emotionally tough day for all of our group. We went to see the Khmer Rouge Killing Fields and Toul Sleng prison, which used to be a high school. While it was difficult to Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 28, 2016
- Cambodia Day 3Wednesday, December 21
We spent the day on the road travelling to Phnom Penh. (Pronounced Pnom Pen – Thais and Khmers do not pronounce the letter ‘h’.) Cambodia is complex and full of surprises.
Just for fun, Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 28, 2016
- Cambodia Day 2Tuesday, December 20
We left our hotel this morning at 4:30 to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat. This is a prime location for photographers – and hundreds of them from around the world were there for the sunrise. Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 28, 2016
- Boże Narodzenie na Koh RongZ naszego bungalowu w Sao Guesthouse na wyspie Koh Rong mieliśmy do morza dwa metry w trakcie przypływu i dwadzieścia w trakcie odpływu. Wystarczyło otworzyć drzwi by zobaczyć fale.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/856192/PC198599.jpg thumb=http:// Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Dec 28, 2016
- What can Koh Rong on Koh Rong?Det är inte mycket som kan gå fel på Koh Rong om man är ute efter lugnt strandliv med kritvita stränder, god mat och väldigt mycket tid att bara hänga. Och det var precis det vi gjorde dom fem dagarna Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Dec 26, 2016
- Into Cambodia!Monday, December 19
We spent a lot of today on the bus travelling from Bangkok to Siem Reap by bus. At the border into Cambodia, we bid good-bye to our minivans and walked through a grubby market area to the Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 24, 2016