- What's To Love about Cambodia===IMAGINE: Leaving all this to head home for winter===
It is still night, but I am up to enjoy a tropical evening before the dawn. The large terrace stretches out from my bedroom door, and it is deserted for all the Posted by Sue McNicholas in Vietnam via Cambodia | Jan 18, 2016
- Days 13 & 14
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/769713/large_DE5ABB3EDACA4F6008130873C1903 Posted by Bucky Slomski in Southeast Asia 2015 | Jan 17, 2016
On Saturday we waved goodbye to Siem Reap and had a beautiful (but long) bus journey through rural Cambodia. Having already heard snippets of the country's recent devastating history, we took some time to read more on the ride. Posted by Floglet in Anita and Fleur go travelling | Jan 17, 2016
- Fake Orphanage? What do you think?===Back in Seam Reap - It feels like I've come home. ===
Last week I had a chance encounter with Chunny, a former student at ACODO Orphanage , and my very favourite. She hailed me as she was biking i Posted by Sue McNicholas in Vietnam via Cambodia | Jan 15, 2016
- Siem Reap, Cambodia06/01/2016 - Our first impressions of Siem Reap weren't great. After a long bus journey (9 hours) that involved a slightly sweaty, choatic border crossing at Poipet we were dropped off at the bus station with the promise of a Posted by AnitaBhogal in Anita and Fleur go travelling | Jan 13, 2016
- CambodiaCambodia was so much fun to explore. My hostel in phnom penh wasn't the best for meeting people so I explored by myself, but in Siem Reap everyone at the hostel was very social and I got to meet many Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Jan 10, 2016
- Phnom Penh 8th to 10thSpent the day doing a bit of touring and more eating.
Went to the Killing Fields, more for my companions benefit. I did a good tour a few years ago, but was good to go back to this site. It needs Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Jan 8, 2016
- Phnom Penh Wed' 7thThe community we visited the previous day were celebrating their 10th year of working with state-less Vietnamese. So we helped them out a bit.
after lunch, which was a real buffe Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Jan 8, 2016
- Phnom Penh Tues 6thSo departed on Tuesday the 4th via bus, which was just ok. Food stops were only average.
The border crossing was horrendous. A hour and a half of standing around. Showed the Viets' at their non-compliant, no line-up worst, no Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Jan 8, 2016
- Hue to Saigon to Phnom PenhLeisurely feeding of the face to begin the day and then a pleasant drive to the Hue airport. Booked in etc etc with no hassles. Flying on an A320 that was filled to the gunnels. They load us and then Posted by loup54 in Lou Vietnam Christmas 2015 | Jan 4, 2016
- Le CambodgeLa police
Malheureusement ce pays est victime d’un fort taux de corruption de la police (et des officiers à la frontière, évidemment). Deux exemples frappants : à Kep, l’officier passe dans chaque hôtel, chaque jour, pour récupérer la liste des Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Jan 4, 2016
- Days 52 to 54 - Siem Reap (Angkor temples)Premier jour
Nous décidons de réserver un tuk-tuk pour la journée afin de faire le « petit » tour des temples d’Angkor, soit 15 km environ. Départ à 8h (il fait déjà chaud) et après 20 minutes nous voilà à faire Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Jan 4, 2016
- Days 49 to 51 - Phnom PenhPremier jour
Nous retournons sur le continent le matin et nous réservons des places pour un mini bus (Thero Express) pour la capitale Phnom Penh. Il existe plusieurs compagnies de bus, plus ou moins réputées pour leur sérieux et la sécurité. Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Jan 3, 2016
- Days 46 to 48 - Koh Rong SanloemPour commencer quelques photos des paysages de Koh Rong Sanloem que nous avons apprécié pendant 4 jours. Ca ressemble à un petit coin de paradis jusqu'à la tombée de la nuit où les moustiques et mouches de sable sortent pour Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Jan 2, 2016
- Day 45 - On the way to Koh Rong SanloemNous partons de Kep pour une petite île au large de Sihanoukville : Koh Rong Sanloem (plusieurs orthographes existent). Départ à 10h30 (heure cambodgienne, c’est à dire avec du retard) puis nous prenons le bateau rapide vers 15h. Nous sommes Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Jan 1, 2016
- Day 44 - KepA Kep, il n’y a pas grand chose à faire. Cette ville se trouve sur la côte dans le sud du Cambodge à 20 minutes en scooter de la frontière avec le Vietnam. Elle est fréquentée par les riches Cambodgiens Posted by AliceEtVincent in Alice and Vincent: Trip in progress | Jan 1, 2016
- Cambodian New YearWhen we started this journey three weeks ago we weren't even sure which country we would be celebrating the new year in, or if it would even be widely celebrated in this part of the world. We considered Bangkok, knowing Posted by carpentrek in Carpenters Without Borders | Jan 1, 2016
- Temples of Angkor
Dawn, Angkor Wat[sup][/sup]
When construction of The Temples of Angkor - one of the largest known religious complex in the world - began in the ninth century, only a few probably Posted by carpentrek in Carpenters Without Borders | Dec 30, 2015
- Siem ReapFriday (12/25)
We caught the 8 am bus direct from Bangkok to Siem Reap on Christmas morning. This wasn't exactly how we imagined spending Christmas this year but at least we were together. We had read that the border crossing Posted by carpentrek in Carpenters Without Borders | Dec 28, 2015
- Water Festival===Home in Cambodia===
This hotel is really "Home". If you decide to visit, this is a place where you will enjoy Cambodia long before you do any touring. The hotel: Siem Reap Riverside Hotel is on Sivatha Road, Posted by Sue McNicholas in Vietnam via Cambodia | Nov 26, 2015
[ Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Dec 15, 2015
- A few pics of the last few days from Team AFarewell party at Mondulkiri; elephants in the wild; visiting the Bundong community and rice harvest; Zoe's birthday and that amazing cake!; cycling on the islands near Phnom Penn; Tuol Seng Prison (S-21) and the Killing Fields at Choeng Ek ; Posted by Ascham Cambodia in Ascham Cambodia Trip | Dec 15, 2015
- Back to the land of Temples===Siem Reap, Cambodia — It is so wonderful to be back here again.===
An evening flight from Beijing, China, brings me to Cambodia. Arrival here is warm and sultry. We walk from the plane, across the tarmac and into a Posted by Sue McNicholas in Vietnam via Cambodia | Nov 23, 2015
- Bakong TempleLeaving India, I expectedly travel to the country of Cambodia. Cambodia is found in southern Asia, located between Thailand and Vietnam. It has an estimated population of 15,500,000 people, and a size of roughly 70,000 square miles. This country is Posted by Nesawf in Cognitive Distinction | Dec 14, 2015
- Saen MonorumVisite de la campagne cambodgienne, proche du Vietnam.
Située à 800m d'altitude, le climat est agréable, cela fait du bien de pouvoir dormir sans clim!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/3 Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Dec 10, 2015