- Rural CambodiaThe Wheary Travellers had experienced the most amazing day with Kim Leng Sang, a tuk tuk driver and self-taught photographer. Early morning and late afternoon - the photographers magic hours - were spent wondering the countryside. Buddhist monks blessed a Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 9, 2014
- 'Wat' a dayEarly start today to view sunrise over Angkor Wat - and the throngs of tourists were out, cameras in hand all waiting for that magical moment when the sun rose behind the temple.
'A' decided to visit Wat Bo on Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 8, 2014
- Markets & Stilted villagesStarted off the day at a local market - it was Footscray market on steroids! Really interesting food and amazing atmosphere. The meat area just a little confronting!
Visited Beng Mealea, a smaller, unrestored version of Angkor Wat. Next up Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 7, 2014
- Tomb RaiderCouldn't believe our luck waking up to near perfect conditions for visiting and photographing the famous temples, Ta Prohm and Angkor Throm. The umbrellas got left behind as we meandered through the temples including climbs up some very steep stairs Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 6, 2014
- Cambodia: wet season starts a month earlyThe heaviest rain ever experienced last night - it teemed down at about midnight for a couple of hours. The morning brought cloudy but cooler conditions for a visit to the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda, so called because the Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 5, 2014
- CambodiaWe decided to fly into Cambodia rather than take a boat or bus as we didn't have visas and we had heard mixed reviews about some of the border crossings. We arrived into Siem Reap and it may have been Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Apr 2, 2014
- Landmine Disarming Kit- Thongs, Boardies, Pliers and a StickOur next two days in Siem Reap were slightly less action packed, especially the day after the tour when we had a nice sleep in. We had a walk and went to lunch at a local Cambodian restaurant. They didn't Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 14, 2014
- In the Footsteps of Lara Croft (and millions of tourists)Yesterday consisted of a completely uneventful 7 hour bus ride from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap on a new, nice bus that even had Wi-Fi. Literally not one interesting or noteworthy thing happened. When we got to Siem Reap we Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 12, 2014
- CAMBODIAN COAST COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS.FRIDAY 21ST MARCH 2014 (DAY 202)
Breakfast again was taken at our hotel. It's not very exciting, but it's cheap and it's close by and today we seemed to be very lazy first up. Breakfast lingered on well into Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Mar 24, 2014
- WE MOVE ALONG THE COAST FROM KEP TO KAMPOT TO OTRES BEACH.TUESDAY 18TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 199)
We rode the hire bikes down to the waterfront for another delish breaky at the Crab Kitchen. I think half the staff were still sleeping in bed (they live on the premises) when we Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Mar 24, 2014
- STILL ON THE CAMBODIAN COAST.SATURDAY 15TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 196)
Today on Rabbit Island we did absolutely sweet F.A.
Weather was fantastic, we swam and lazed around reading all day. Caught a lot of sun yesterday so most of the day was spent in Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Mar 24, 2014
- SOUTH TO THE COAST WE GO![b][i]Hello Readers,
Again I am going to fast forward to catch up time. I have only one day in Bangkok and want to be current so I do not loose the last week and you have no idea how it Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Mar 24, 2014
- WE EXTEND OUR STAY IN PHNOM PENH.TUESDAY 11TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 192)
Of course we had breakfast at Feel Good Cafe and hung around for an extra couple of hours - just lingering, chatting with owner.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/612743/70E63D5A2219AC6817D3A0ACA Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Mar 24, 2014
- Killing Fields and Genocide MuseumToday was a heavy day. We struggled with whether or not to write this entry. In the end we decided that these things happened and us not writing about them doesn't make it better or less true. As uncomfortable as Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 10, 2014
- LAZY DAYS IN THE CAPITAL, PHNOM PENH.SATURDAY 8TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 189)
Bugger, these cheap hotel rooms, the building noise from across the street that was not supposed to start until 8am, started well before 7am and I woke with a bad headache.
Looked at the buffet breakfa Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Mar 23, 2014
- AND TO PHNOM PENH WE GO!
FRIDAY 7TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 160)
We braved breakfast at the hotel again and today they got Dolly's eggs just right, so lesson learned there.
A tuk tuk to the train st Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Mar 23, 2014
- Battambang, hot dusty and where the hell is it?WEDNESDAY 5TH MARCH 2014 (DAY 158)
I woke up still feeling a little illish after yesterdays upset and lingered in bed until 11am when the hotel staff came up to move us down a few floors to a cheaper room at Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Mar 23, 2014
- What A Load of RubbishWe woke up feeling a little worse for wear. Kate's toe nail finally gave up (probably because we used a bandaid not a bandage yesterday) and painfully half came off. Pat realised he'd lost his ID so after checking out Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 9, 2014
- SIEM REAP AND WE DID NOT SEE EVEN ONE TEMPLE!
SUNDAY 2ND MARCH 2014 (DAY 183)
It's pretty hot here in Seim Reap and times like this I am grateful we are staying at a place with a pool.
Robyn and Dolly were up bef Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Mar 22, 2014
- CambodiaApart from almost getting a taxi to the wrong airport as I was not paying attention to my detailed itinerary.... the flight to Cambodia was easy peasy.
Being a place neither of us had been before I have to admit Posted by RachelandGeoff in Exploring on a trip of a life time | Mar 22, 2014
- A BRIEF STOPOVER IN BANGERS BEFORE WE MOVE INTO CAMBODIA
THURSDAY 27TH FEBRUARY 2014 (DAY 180)
It wasn't morning when I woke the first time, or the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th time. It was still dark every time when I woke during th Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Mar 18, 2014
- Goodbye CambodiaOur last few days in Cambodia. Our original plan was to fly to Bangkok on Friday (we had booked the flights) but we realised our visas ran out on the 19th, our plan was to overstay by a couple of Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 18, 2014
- Kilns and ElephantsYesterday we decided to have a lazy day; we got up late and had brunch, and headed over the river to Wat Damnak. There was a lovely school in the middle and we sat listening to the children singing Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 15, 2014
- Tuk tuk LAYDEEEEE Yesterday morning we decided to have a quiet walk by the river. Close up to the river this wasn't such a good idea. The river was clean, but it was in the bright sunshine and there wasn't so much to Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 13, 2014
- Nice Day for a White WeddingYesterday as Bill was still feeling unwell, we decided to stay close to the hotel, unfortunately this was too much for Bill and he had to head back to the hotel after an hour and spent the day in bed. Posted by mulliganward in Mulligan-Ward Travellers | Mar 11, 2014