- TattooToday was a very eventful day! I woke up to dramas back home when I realised my boss had decided not to pay me as he didn't think my holidays accrual was correct!! This was the straw that broke the Posted by sonya13 in A Cambodian Education | Jun 29, 2014
- Angkor temples
This was my second visit to the Angkor temples in Cambodia, the first Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jun 27, 2014
- Cambodia Part 2Wednesday morning I headed off for Phnom Penh. I took a bus with Capitol Tours. I was the only white person on that bus! They only spoke in Khmer during the announcements, so I was never really sure how long Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Jun 14, 2014
- Cambodia Part 1Here I go. Solo adventure off to Cambodia! I was brought into Chiang Mai Thursday evening where I found a Guest House for the night. I planned to catch the night train to Bangkok the next day and the commuter Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Jun 11, 2014
- sihanoukvilleAfter booking bus tickets for Phnom Penh we decided to change to sihanoukville an hour before our bus was due to leave.
The vietnamese consulate is in sihanoukville so it made sense to go there and get our visa. So after Posted by Zeddman in The Road to Rio | Jun 2, 2014
- testing 2nd entryArriving London today blablabla
Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jun 2, 2014
- The Magnificent Angkor TemplesThis is probably one of the moments I was expecting the most in South-East Asia, the visit of the temples of Angkor, in Cambodia...
My first surprise was to realise that there was act Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | May 28, 2014
- Greetings from the smiling CambodiaFollowing Laos and the 4000 islands, I decided to carry down south into Cambodia and its capital Phnom Penh. The bus journey was actually one of the worse I have experienced during my travelling year. First there is the matter Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | May 27, 2014
- Cambodia 2014===Phnom Penh===
National Museum in Phnom Penh
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by QuentinW in Traveller's Blog | May 8, 2014
- phnom penhi really dont know what to write about Phnom penh. As a city its underwhelming. Siem Reap is by far quainter and just nicer. Maybe because its small and not as crazy. then there is the whole other side Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Apr 27, 2014
- Cambodia.Hi pals.
So we spent the last four days in siem reap. Lets just say we are haemorrhaging money. its so expensive coz its in dollars so tours and stuff are priced at western prices. So in siem reap Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Apr 24, 2014
- Day 49I took a speed boat, equipped with flat screen TV and 90's hip hop music videos, to Koh Rong Samloem - a remote island off the southern coast of Cambodia.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 22, 2014
- Day 48Sihanoukville is beautiful! And so very hot. I spent last night eating and drinking with friends from my hostel.
[img=htt Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 21, 2014
- Day 47Some of the hotel staff saw I was alone and took me under their wing. It was fun to sit around and joke, they were all really funny. Finally one of them said, okay, you have an entire day, lets Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 19, 2014
- Day 46My aunt Kim had asked what my GoPro videos looked like. I didn't know quite how to mash them together so I just threw some clips into iMovie. Enjoy!
Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 19, 2014
- Day 45Last night in Phuket. It was a neat place during the day, but the night scene was not so much my style. I was glad to have left.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/658901/large_IMG_ Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Apr 17, 2014
- Off to ThailandSpent the day travelling to Bangkok, Thailand. Our first Air Asia experience was ok:)
Arrived mid-afternoon and wandered a couple of the local streets, ate Pad Thai and cooled off in the hotel pool. While we didn't take any photos, we Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 10, 2014
- Rural CambodiaThe Wheary Travellers had experienced the most amazing day with Kim Leng Sang, a tuk tuk driver and self-taught photographer. Early morning and late afternoon - the photographers magic hours - were spent wondering the countryside. Buddhist monks blessed a Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 9, 2014
- 'Wat' a dayEarly start today to view sunrise over Angkor Wat - and the throngs of tourists were out, cameras in hand all waiting for that magical moment when the sun rose behind the temple.
'A' decided to visit Wat Bo on Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 8, 2014
- Markets & Stilted villagesStarted off the day at a local market - it was Footscray market on steroids! Really interesting food and amazing atmosphere. The meat area just a little confronting!
Visited Beng Mealea, a smaller, unrestored version of Angkor Wat. Next up Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 7, 2014
- Tomb RaiderCouldn't believe our luck waking up to near perfect conditions for visiting and photographing the famous temples, Ta Prohm and Angkor Throm. The umbrellas got left behind as we meandered through the temples including climbs up some very steep stairs Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 6, 2014
- Cambodia: wet season starts a month earlyThe heaviest rain ever experienced last night - it teemed down at about midnight for a couple of hours. The morning brought cloudy but cooler conditions for a visit to the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda, so called because the Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Apr 5, 2014
- CambodiaWe decided to fly into Cambodia rather than take a boat or bus as we didn't have visas and we had heard mixed reviews about some of the border crossings. We arrived into Siem Reap and it may have been Posted by KathleenandDave in Our Great Escape | Apr 2, 2014
- Landmine Disarming Kit- Thongs, Boardies, Pliers and a StickOur next two days in Siem Reap were slightly less action packed, especially the day after the tour when we had a nice sleep in. We had a walk and went to lunch at a local Cambodian restaurant. They didn't Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 14, 2014
- In the Footsteps of Lara Croft (and millions of tourists)Yesterday consisted of a completely uneventful 7 hour bus ride from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap on a new, nice bus that even had Wi-Fi. Literally not one interesting or noteworthy thing happened. When we got to Siem Reap we Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Mar 12, 2014