- Arriving at Siem ReapWe were picked up at the airport by two young men with tuk tuks. They took us to our accommodation at Bunyung Homestay. Our host, Bun, was not home when we arrived because he was out with another couple of Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 14, 2017
- Lazy Days at Lazy Beach Sunday morning after having breakfast we packed up and travelled to the Lazy Beach booking office. There we got a tuk tuk to the dock and met up with the boat to Koh Rong Samloem island. It was very windy Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 12, 2017
- Cambodia, Here We ComeWe have safely arrived in Sihanoukville, Cambodia and met up with Lyle and Donna here. It took most of two days to do it, though. A mostly uneventful trip, but very long. We had a 3 1/2 hour layover in Posted by katdill in Adventures in SE Asia 2017 | Jan 7, 2017
- Kratie to LaosFriday, December 23 and Saturday December 24
On Friday, we travelled to Kratie, a small town with a very decrepit hotel. The highlight was going out on the Mekong River in the late afternoon to view dolphins. They weren't Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Jan 3, 2017
- Phnom Penh, CambodiaThursday, December 22
Today was an emotionally tough day for all of our group. We went to see the Khmer Rouge Killing Fields and Toul Sleng prison, which used to be a high school. While it was difficult to Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 28, 2016
- Cambodia Day 3Wednesday, December 21
We spent the day on the road travelling to Phnom Penh. (Pronounced Pnom Pen – Thais and Khmers do not pronounce the letter ‘h’.) Cambodia is complex and full of surprises.
Just for fun, Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 28, 2016
- Cambodia Day 2Tuesday, December 20
We left our hotel this morning at 4:30 to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat. This is a prime location for photographers – and hundreds of them from around the world were there for the sunrise. Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 28, 2016
- Boże Narodzenie na Koh RongZ naszego bungalowu w Sao Guesthouse na wyspie Koh Rong mieliśmy do morza dwa metry w trakcie przypływu i dwadzieścia w trakcie odpływu. Wystarczyło otworzyć drzwi by zobaczyć fale.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/856192/PC198599.jpg thumb= Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Dec 28, 2016
- What can Koh Rong on Koh Rong?Det är inte mycket som kan gå fel på Koh Rong om man är ute efter lugnt strandliv med kritvita stränder, god mat och väldigt mycket tid att bara hänga. Och det var precis det vi gjorde dom fem dagarna Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Dec 26, 2016
- Into Cambodia!Monday, December 19
We spent a lot of today on the bus travelling from Bangkok to Siem Reap by bus. At the border into Cambodia, we bid good-bye to our minivans and walked through a grubby market area to the Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 24, 2016
- Wyspa Koh RongŚwięta Bożego Narodzenia zaplanowaliśmy spędzić u wybrzeży Kambodży na wyspie Koh Rong, gdzie masowa turystyka nie zdążyła jeszcze rozwinąć się na dobre.
W sobotę cały dzień jechaliśmy autobusem z Battambangu do Sihanoukville, z przesiadką Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Dec 21, 2016
- Farewell CambodiaFarewell Cambodia - we have learnt so much from those who have so little. We leave with a greater sense of appreciation of all that we have - crystal clear water on tap, our beautiful homes, parks and beaches, our Posted by AschamCam16 in Ascham Cambodia 2016 | Dec 21, 2016
- Temples, monkeys and memories.Today is our last full day in Cambodia 😞 and mixed emotions about leaving our new favourite country were felt amongst the group. We all woke early to be taken by tuk tuk to watch the sunrise at Angkor Wat. Posted by AschamCam16 in Ascham Cambodia 2016 | Dec 21, 2016
- Cooking, floating villages and night markets!Our first day in Siem Reap did not disappoint. This morning we were lucky to have a sleep-in. Our first activity of the day was a cooking class at Mahob Restuarant, where we cooked a Cambodian four course meal. It Posted by AschamCam16 in Ascham Cambodia 2016 | Dec 21, 2016
- 11-årig tjej och 1000-åriga tempelDagarna i Siem Reap var en riktig höjdare! Bortsett från att vädret var lite muggigt så var vistelsen på alla sätt verkligen kanon.
Vi hade en stor händelse att se fram emot under våra dagar - nämligen Wilmas födelsedag! Wilma Posted by Stefan Hök in Hok Family Trip | Dec 19, 2016
- Big travel dayToday we travelled from Sonmonorem in Mondulkiri to Siem Reap. It was a 9 hour trip on the bus with a few toilet breaks and a stop for lunch. We were greeted with Xmas lights as we arrived in the Posted by AschamCam16 in Ascham Cambodia 2016 | Dec 19, 2016
- Our last day in MondulkiriToday we embarked on the most full on day we have experienced yet, to see the elephants. We woke up and headed to breakfast in town before grabbing our hats, jackets and cameras and jumping into our buses. We drove Posted by AschamCam16 in Ascham Cambodia 2016 | Dec 18, 2016
- Games, dancing, rice, shoes and solar lights!Our final day at the schools in Mondulkiri brought a ray of unexpected emotions both joyful and sad. We began our day at the senior school, taking an entire group of students out to play on their open grassland. Hand Posted by AschamCam16 in Ascham Cambodia 2016 | Dec 17, 2016
- Atrakcje BattambanguBattambang to drugie lub trzecie największe miasto Kambodży, z około dwustu tysiącami mieszkańców. Pod względem architektonicznym miasto nie miało w sobie nic nadzwyczajnego, choć Dawid znalazł tu swoje szczęście: w restauracji About the world serw Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Dec 16, 2016
- Bubbles, Rockets and Ukeleles Today we spent our third day at the schools teaching, playing and meeting all the students on the campus. During the morning we visited the secondary school and their three classes. With the occasional help of a teacher to translate Posted by AschamCam16 in Ascham Cambodia 2016 | Dec 16, 2016
- Pancakes, verbs and microscopesToday started off with a wonderful breakfast of pancakes, omelettes, baguettes and miniature monkey bananas at the local cafe. Afterwards we headed off to the senior school where we were to teach and work with students aged 14-19. Before the Posted by AschamCam16 in Ascham Cambodia 2016 | Dec 15, 2016
- Beginning the school experienceTravel from Phnom Penh to Mondulkuri
Yesterday, we undertook our 7 hour drive from Phnom Penh to Mondulkuri. The journey called for a early wake up but we managed to use the drive to catch up on some needed sleep. Posted by AschamCam16 in Ascham Cambodia 2016 | Dec 14, 2016
- Z Siem Reap do BattambangW Kambodży, tak jak w innych krajach rozwijających się, istnieją ogromne różnice w poziomie życia mieszkańców. Odmienne oblicza wiejskiej Kambodży mogliśmy zobaczyć w okolicy Siem Reap i w drodze do Battambang.
Jadąc tuktukiem z Angkor Wat Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Dec 14, 2016
- Angkor WatKolejnym etapem naszej podróży po Mjanmie była Kambodża. Z Rangunu lecieliśmy przez Bangkok do Siem Reap, miasta położonego kilka kilometrów od świątyni Angkor Wat. Zaskoczenie było podwójne: tłumem turystów oraz faktem, że pierwsze skojarzenie z Angkor Posted by Jakub W in David i Jakub w Azji | Dec 13, 2016
- Last day in Phnom PehnThis morning, we took the party bus to the Mekong river where we began our bike tour of Cambodia and Fake Koa Dach island. We traveled through the villages, visiting a school and a pagoda. The roads were filled with Posted by AschamCam16 in Ascham Cambodia 2016 | Dec 12, 2016