- Mekong Cruise, Day Three: Kampong Tralach to Phnom Penh===Day 3 ===
The next morning the Toum Tiou pulled itself out of the mud and sailed on towards Phnom Penh.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Nov 5, 2016
- Mekong Cruise, Day Two: Chnok Tru to Kampong Tralach===Day Two===
We cruised further down the Tonle Sap Lake, and saw many fishing boats with the engine on one end of a long shaft and the propeller on the other. This is a very interesting design because, you can go Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Nov 4, 2016
- First stop Phnom Penh
Posted by AschamCam16 in Ascham Cambodia 2016 | Nov 3, 2016
- Mekong Cruise, Day One: Siem Reap to Chnok Tru===DayOne===
I chose the Mekong River cruise by G Adventures because of the price and the stated values and objectives in their online brochure. I had never been on a cruise before and always had been a DIY kind of guy, Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Nov 3, 2016
- Well...leaving wonderful CambodiaSo much to say...but today did the massive temple tour, starting early. All in all, I hiked about 5 miles, climbed straight up four temples and in exploring the ground levels of all of them still did stairs and Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Nov 2, 2016
- Halloween and Ta ProhmI was about to leave and get dinner when the monsoon rains hit. It's hard to move around in that much water pouring from the sky, so I'm waiting it out. Also, I'm pretty glad I packed my Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Nov 1, 2016
- Boat Trip to Siem ReapThe boat only got stuck once in the mud...don't attempt this journey in the dry season! Seriously. Just don't.
[img=http Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Nov 1, 2016
- Made it to Phnom Pehn and Siem Reap!A long flight took me to Malayasia and then finally to Phnom Pehn. Vacation had officially begun! Most of my photos are from randomly wandering around. I was lucky each time, to just miss being caught in Posted by oedipamaas in Strange Horizons | Oct 31, 2016
- Angkor Thom===Bayon Temple===
The Bayon Temple was built in the Angkor Thom complex in the 12 to 13th century. To find out more, you can follow this link to Wikipedia.
This was built as a Hindu Temple dedicated to Bhrama, the c Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Oct 30, 2016
- Siem Reap, Cambodia===Siem Reap===
Siem Reap feels like a "University Party Town". It has it's big draw, Angkor Wat for the intellectuals, but it also has "Pub street" and the Night Markets for the rest who just want to party!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/8487 Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Oct 28, 2016
- Angkor Wat: Cambodia===Angkor Wat===
Angkor Wat ("Capital Temple") is huge! It is the largest religious monument in the world. It was originally constructed as a Hindu temple for the
god Vishnu in the early 12th century, but then was gradually transformed into a Buddhist Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Oct 26, 2016
- Siem Reap- 4 nights/3.5 days- A city of contrastsOverview:
A city of contrasts
Hip and happening, quaint and quiet, affluent and poor, Siem Reap is a place of contrasts and steeped in history.
Visited temples, a floating village on Tonle Sap, leaned to make Khmer Cocktails and had Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 13, 2016
- Phnom Penh- 2 nights/1 day- short but sweet Overview:
Our time in Phnom Penh was limited and we didn't have an opportunity to fully explore the city but what we did see we loved.
Visited Cheung Ek (Killing Fields) and S- 21 (Genocide Museum), explored the Riverfront and sipped Posted by advb4dementia in Adventure before Dementia | Oct 13, 2016
- Cambodia: Gods and Demons
From the idyllic beaches of Koh Kud, Thailand, we catch the ferry back to Trat. It takes 2 buses, a shared taxi and another taxi to get us across the border into Cambodia. The border cro Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Aug 23, 2016
- Chilling in CambodiaWe had an amazing, relaxing day in Siem Reap! We started off the morning groggily waking up around 9:00 a.m. to make it to the hotel restaurant before breakfast ends at 10:00 a.m. We both probably could have slept for Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 13, 2016
- Angkor WatWhat an incredible day exploring the ancient Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples! We started our morning off dark and early when we woke up at 4:00 am. We had to take a tuk tuk at 4:30 am to get Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 13, 2016
- Travel Day: Hanoi to Siem ReapIt was another loooooong travel day. It's definitely more difficult and time consuming to travel through Southeast Asia in comparison to Europe (or Japan), for example. We started our morning off by waking up at 4:30 am to finish packing Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Jul 11, 2016
- SeimReip[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/Angkor_Wat_Oct_2006_011.jpg thumb=http://photos.travel Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Sep 18, 2006
- Cambodia to Vietnam 2006[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/9F9423E0A3727AAC29B54A6830D405E3.jpg Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Sep 15, 2006
- Camboja: estrada para Siem Reap“Nosso povo está na pobreza porque nosso governo nos mantém na pobreza”, disse-me Chak, um dos poucos cambojanos que falavam inglês ao longo da Estrada Nacional 5 – caminho que liga Poipet (cidade que faz fronteira com a Tailândia) a Posted by Henrique Kugler in DIÁRIO DE VIAGENS | Jul 2, 2016
- From Angkor Wat to Pol PotDISCLAIMER: My goal with these entries is to give you accurate insights into the places that I have been fortunate enough to explore. Sometimes these accounts are not easy to read, but they depict my reflections in a raw and Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Dec 20, 2012
- Beaches, bat caves, Bangkok and Angkar Wat"Hello sirrr, ladyyy. You buy somethiiing?"
"Looking for freee."
"Hello my friend, you want tuk tuk?"
"No thanks. Just walking"
"No thanks, we're good."
"Where you going?"
"You wan go tem Posted by astpurcell in OUT THE DEPARTURE GATE | May 26, 2016
- Duck in the Tuk TukSo we just arrived at the siam reap airport. I have a couple hrs free time to write before we hop on the plane to our final country, Thailand. We woke up bright and early at 630 to get on Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | May 22, 2016
- Phnom Penh, 1975What an extremely, emotional day. I was nauseous multiple times and cried twice (no bullshit). Cambodia feels different to me, more dangerous to be honest. I don't know what it is. When Garrison said, 'look like a homeless person', a Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | May 18, 2016
- Goodbye Vietnam. Hello Cambodia.Unsurprisingly our last week in Vietnam came with both ups and downs. We travelled from the mountains back to the coast and on to Ho Chi Minh City. A week ago our time in Vietnam came to an end and Posted by astpurcell in OUT THE DEPARTURE GATE | May 4, 2016