- BattambangOn our first full day of the tour, we got up early and headed by private van through eastern Thailand to the Cambodian border. It was a lovely journey through green landscapes. Some highlights:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/699723/P1040783.j Posted by lizweiss712 in Liz's Cambodian Adventure | Aug 28, 2014
- Days 85-88: sick days in Richmond, VA (8/24/2014-8/27/2014)We woke up this morning and immediately knew that we were not riding anywhere today. We'd both picked up a bug. Since we had a car at hand, we decided to let Hunter drive us back to Richmond Posted by johnbander in Oregon to Virginia by Bike | Aug 25, 2014
- The fine line between Chaos and Charm
Phnom Penh struck us as a hard landing kind of a city - a tough place to be introduced to southeast Asia. Dusty streets lined with trash, chaotic traffic and completely impassab Posted by AbbyAndMike in Wandering Dreamers | Aug 7, 2014
- Asian Country HoppingAaaaand before you know it, I'm in Cambodia! Feeling a bit like a Japanese tourist, but it's giving this whole adventure a nice little spin at the end;)
Luang Prabang came right on time for me. After 9 weeks of action Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Aug 19, 2014
- Angkor Wat archeological complex
The Angkor Archeological Complex is an expansive collection of temples spread throughout the countrysid Posted by AbbyAndMike in Wandering Dreamers | Jul 26, 2014
- Siem Reap and the temples of Angkor, CambodiaAside from hearing that the lost city of Angkor was South East Asia's equivalent of Machu Picchu and that it was featured in Angelina Jolie's movie "Tomb Raider",we didn't know much else about the temples of Angkor before we visited. Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Aug 15, 2014
- Helping in small ways in Siem Reap
Cambodia is a place of great wonder and great sadness. Bright green fields of rice stretching across a flat plain, palm and coconut trees dotting the landscape, the occasional Posted by AbbyAndMike in Wandering Dreamers | Jul 25, 2014
- Rules of the RoadA Norwegian who had been living in Phnom Penh asked me, “Do you understand the road rules here?”. My reply, “They have rules?”. “I don’t know”.
Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam all seem to share similar ideas on how to use Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Aug 9, 2014
- Please Sir, Can I Come In?The most daunting prospect when I started researching this trip was … visas. Requirements for official letters of invitation, confirmed bookings, return air tickets, covering letters from travel agents seemed to make an overland trip beyond reach. After h Posted by grasshopper in Singapore to London Overland | Aug 9, 2014
- Cambodia:the country of contrast/Kambodza:krajina kontrastov
Our expectations of Cambodia were fairly high as we have only heard and read good things about Posted by zuzana.zav in Are we there yet? | Aug 2, 2014
- Finally...Sorry for no keeping this updated in the past weeks, I was way too busy ...
I will just try to write about the most interesting things that happened, which still is a lot...
There is my first night sleeping at an Posted by Augensternchen in Verena's Big Trip | Jul 28, 2014
- Last stop in Cambodia[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jul 20, 2014
- Angkor Wat and around ...This morning we took a sunrise trip to Angkor W. Spectacular, even without a real sunrise.
[left][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/686459/600D2E1A2219AC681721649201B Posted by JBrunnee in Vietnam 2014 | Jul 10, 2014
- Around Siem Reap, Cambodia Yesterday, we took the short flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap, Cambodia. It was a city of some 10,000 people 10 years ago. Now it's Cambodia's second largest city at a whopping 1 million (!) people. All Posted by JBrunnee in Vietnam 2014 | Jul 10, 2014
I think I will always associate Cambodia with lemongrass and sandalwood. We arrived after a very early flight (wake up call was 3:45 am - but our internal clocks still ha Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 8, 2014
- Koh Kong, Chi Phat[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jul 3, 2014
- Cambodian beaches[img=http:/ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jul 3, 2014
- TattooToday was a very eventful day! I woke up to dramas back home when I realised my boss had decided not to pay me as he didn't think my holidays accrual was correct!! This was the straw that broke the Posted by sonya13 in A Cambodian Education | Jun 29, 2014
- Angkor temples
This was my second visit to the Angkor temples in Cambodia, the first Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Jun 27, 2014
- Cambodia Part 2Wednesday morning I headed off for Phnom Penh. I took a bus with Capitol Tours. I was the only white person on that bus! They only spoke in Khmer during the announcements, so I was never really sure how long Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Jun 14, 2014
- Cambodia Part 1Here I go. Solo adventure off to Cambodia! I was brought into Chiang Mai Thursday evening where I found a Guest House for the night. I planned to catch the night train to Bangkok the next day and the commuter Posted by LLWV in La Lone Wolfette Ventures | Jun 11, 2014
- sihanoukvilleAfter booking bus tickets for Phnom Penh we decided to change to sihanoukville an hour before our bus was due to leave.
The vietnamese consulate is in sihanoukville so it made sense to go there and get our visa. So after Posted by Zeddman in The Road to Rio | Jun 2, 2014
- The Magnificent Angkor TemplesThis is probably one of the moments I was expecting the most in South-East Asia, the visit of the temples of Angkor, in Cambodia...
My first surprise was to realise that there was act Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | May 28, 2014
- Greetings from the smiling CambodiaFollowing Laos and the 4000 islands, I decided to carry down south into Cambodia and its capital Phnom Penh. The bus journey was actually one of the worse I have experienced during my travelling year. First there is the matter Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | May 27, 2014
- Cambodia 2014===Phnom Penh===
National Museum in Phnom Penh
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by QuentinW in Traveller's Blog | May 8, 2014