- Day 4 - Pursat to Prahos KbalWe had just spent a night at the hotel in Pursat and we would be meeting for breakfast at 8:00 am.
I had a bit of an unsual breakfast. Baguette, chinese sausage and pork aka bacon in Cambodian terms.
We then Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 19, 2013
- .... So apparently I also seem to post half a blog.....Bet you were all in tender hooks about the legendary Freebird bar?! Just as I intended (or not, but whatever)
But anyway, if you've been living in China for nearly two years like me, and even he 5 months Mike Posted by dawsonandred in Magic and Red take on Asia | Jul 16, 2013
- Day 3 (Part 2) A nightmare, but only in my sleep....A nightmare, but only in my sleep....a reality for too many.
It is now Tuesday evening around 5 pm and we have arrived in the village of Pursat, located in Pursat Province. Cambodia has 24 provinces in total.
We arrived from Phnom Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 14, 2013
- Day 5 - First Work Day in Prahos KbalToday is Thursday, July 11th.
Last night we went to bed quite early, 9 pm and we were all in bed with lights out. Seven women and one lucky man. Everyone was tired and we hadn't even Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 14, 2013
- Can, Cannot, CambodiaWe arrived in Phnom Penh around midnight, luckily for us, the wonderful Gareth had arranged us a taxi from the airport, leaving us only the cryptic clue saying "the driver will hold a name card, but it won't have your Posted by dawsonandred in Magic and Red take on Asia | Jul 14, 2013
- Buddhist MonksI had been up since about 4 am as I was unable to sleep. I felt like I had slept well so far but awoke after having had a nightmare about the Killing Fields. I tried to get Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 9, 2013
- BYE TO CAMBODIAIt was so difficult to say bye to this country. We have fallen in love with Cambodia, the people who have met here and our students certainly. The last two-three weeks we have worked hard with them and there were Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jul 8, 2013
- The Night Before Leaving for CambodiaAll week I have been counting down the days before I leave for Cambodia and before I knew it I am here. Just one last sleep if I can get myself off to bed. It is 1:48 am Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 6, 2013
- 26TH OF JUNE – SiMON’S BIRTHDAYLast Wednesday was Simon’s birthday, and we had a stunning day.
I started to organize the celebration a couple of days before, as I wanted him to have an unforgettable day, however I encountered some challenges:
1. I needed a cake, and Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jul 3, 2013
- S21 THE GENOCIDE MUSEUMI wasn’t sure what to expect when we went to the Genocide Museum. It was used during the Pol Pot Kmer Rouge campaign as a prison where THOUSANDS of people were tortured and murdered. Erika was pretty sure she didn’t Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jul 3, 2013
- South East Asia: Cambodia!===Friday, 4th January===
Day one in Siem Reap, and we started off with a long sleep and a leisurely breakfast. There is something about Cambodia that makes you want to take in all the beauty without rushing, but unfortunately we were Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie Down Under | Jul 2, 2013
- South East Asia: Vietnam to CambodiaThe junk boat cruise was an unusual way to spend the last day of the day of the old year and the area left us somewhat underwhelmed... This made us think twice about our plans to catch a sleeper-train into Posted by Fat Face in Ben & Emilie Down Under | Jul 2, 2013
- Fundraising to go to Cambodia with UNION Before May 1st I was freaking, literally freaking out, but frozen and unable to get my fundraising started. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to raise the money. A careless negative comment here and there from a Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 1, 2013
- HOPE International Development Agency Fundraising Page I am fortunate to have been born in Vancouver, BC, Canada. We live in a city and country of plenty. There is no shortage of food to eat, places to live, things to see and activities to participate Posted by Sydney324 in To Cambodia with HOPE | Jul 1, 2013
- Siem Reap and Angkor WatWe arrived in Siem Reap after our hectic bus journey from Phnom Penh and had a free tuk tuk pick up to our hostel - Hak's House (Hak is the guy who runs it). Fairly nice hostel, a 10 minute Posted by ourbonvoyage in Our Bon Voyage | Jun 29, 2013
- Phnom PenhThe journey from Saigon to Phnom Penh was meant to be 6 hours by bus but took 8! Between the two cities there was hardly anything, just flat rice fields as far as the eye can see. We crossed through Posted by ourbonvoyage in Our Bon Voyage | Jun 25, 2013
- THE CATHOLIC CHURCH STUDENT CENTER (CCSC)The CCSC is the project that we are working for. This project has been running for the last 14 years and gives scholarships to around 20 teenagers in Cambodia annually who come from rural areas to come to Phnom Penh Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jun 25, 2013
- Asia Wrap-UpWell it's been 6 weeks of new cultures, new smells, new tastes and new experiences. It's been fabulous! Singapore was expensive but so clean and neat. Cambodia was surreal, amazing ancient ruins and fantastic night markets. Vietnam was beautiful, the Posted by Lyndall Drennan in Honeymooning Our Way Across the Globe | Jun 24, 2013
- TEMPLES OF ANGKOR WATThanks to some really good advice from somebody who suggested we buy the tickets for the temples the day before in the late afternoon so we could then be a couple of hours in the temples, see the sunset and Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jun 18, 2013
- SIEM REP – SILK FARMDuring the weekend we went to the north of Cambodia to Siem Reap, which is the touristiest city in the country because of the temple of Angkor Wat and the surrounding ruins. It was around 6 hours on the bus, Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jun 18, 2013
- GETTING USED TO THE CITYWe met with Diego, the person who we are going to work with over the next few weeks. He took us to the house where we are going to live, and it is so beautiful. It has four floors and Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jun 18, 2013
- OUR WAY TO CAMBODIAWe knew the border between Laos and Cambodia was not an easy border to cross, and we had heard awful stories, but we did not have any other options. Our journey to Cambodia started at 9:30am on a boat from Posted by erika_simon in Simplicity, Inspiration and Angels | Jun 12, 2013
- Phnom Penh, CambodiaAfter over 13 hours of travelling, I have arrived at my first stop in the region of Asia! I arrived at 10:20 am in Phnom Penh on July 10th. The journey to get here from Melbourne was about 10 hours Posted by michaelat in My Dream Trip Around The World | Jun 6, 2013
- When in Thailand do as the Thai doWow 5 days left, the last time I wrote in this blog (a long while back) I was probably resting up on a beach in the south of Thailand on Koh Phi Phi. The trip until that part had definitely Posted by desiallstar in Adventures of a Vijilante | Jun 4, 2013
- XXXV: Fly BoysI managed to lure Felix down to the free breakfast that he'd been ignoring with the promise of syrup pancakes and we planned our day. The flight didn't leave for Hanoi until 16:45 and check out was at noon - Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | May 31, 2013