- Entry 10 - Some time in VancouverThe last couple of weeks have been very relaxing and I have spent more time exploring and enjoying Vancouver. Phil and Cath came over for dinner on Tuesday night and Cath and Will looked over the spreadsheet I had done Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Aug 31, 2014
- The Countdown is On!Less than two weeks until we embark on our Australian adventure! We are getting so very excited! It doesn't seem like that long ago when we finally took the plunge and booked the flights! This weekend we have finally finished Posted by lwebb in Wade & Lindsay's Australian Adventure! | Aug 31, 2014
- Vancouver to Guelph Today I flew out of Vancouver at 9am, and because of the time difference landed in Toronto at 4:30pm. Here a bus from the university picked us up at about 7pm, it was about 8:30pm and dark by the time Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Vancouver This morning I checked out Canada Place, and went on the Fly Over Canada ride. This was a simulated ride that made you feel like you were actually flying from the east to the west sides of Canada, over the Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Vancouver - Stanley Park & Granville IslandThe first day in Vancouver, I visited Stanley Park and got on a hop on/hop off shuttle bus around the park. The park was opened in 1888 by Lord Stanley, and is a 1000 acre park surrounded by the Pacific Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Golden to KamloopsOn our drive to Kamloops our first stop was Rogers Pass Visitor Centre in Glacier National Park. We then stopped in the town of Revelstoke, this is where the last spike was placed in the building of the Canadian Pacific Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- Canada - Hatfield Point, New BrunswickWe crossed back over the Canadain border on the last day of our 3 month USA visa. It was a little sad to leave a country we've enjoyed so much. It really outdid any expectations we had, and the natural Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Aug 7, 2014
- Visiting Vancouver from Quesnel, British Columbia Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Aug 30, 2014
- Flights are Booked!!Update! My flight is officially booked! I am so excited and thankful to all of you who have helped me in accomplishing this awesome trip.
I will leave Vancouver Airport on Nov 7th, arriving in Beijing Nov 8th. Posted by staceywa in Stacey's Midwifery Placement in Thailand | Aug 29, 2014
- Friday in OttawaShakespeare in the herb garden was delightful - it was in the country town of Almonte and was a light-hearted, comedic, partly ad-libbed version of Antony & Cleopatra. The kids in the audience (as well as a few wandering dogs Posted by tracebc in trace evidence | Aug 18, 2011
- Double your pleasure. Double your fun.==[center]Life. Living it and Loving it.[/center]==
[center] August 9th. I'd been awake for nearing 20 hours, was still on the high of earning a 3rd place age group and top ten overall place at Nationals, and was now in line Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Aug 27, 2014
- Leaving The WindyThe only way for me out of The Windy Lake Lodge was to flag down the train - which had to be almost three hours late.
[img=http://photos. Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 27, 2014
- The Mystery of the Traveling SpoonSome where in a pulp mill town between Bimidji and Silver Bay, Minnesota I stopped at a Goodwill store to look for some camping supplies.
The only things I found that I needed were two red plastic-handled spoons.
Bought them for $.19 Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 27, 2014
- Bear Baitin'Here at Windy Lake Lodge, some folks come to fish, a few come to cross-country ski or snowshoe, most folks come to hunt moose or bear.
I am probably the first who came to Windy Lake to experience something I Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 27, 2014
- Humbled by the power of waterWhat to do on a baking hot day in Toronto? Escape the city.... hire a car, hit the highway and head for the falls.
A few photos to follow though they don't really do it justice.
Most delicious discovery of the day.... Posted by flickateacup in Wherever We May Roam | Aug 26, 2014
- first morning in toronto(Alex) Note to self, going for a swim at 6am is a fine way to start the day, especially when the sun is rising in a clear sky and the pool has a sky light. Posted by flickateacup in Wherever We May Roam | Aug 26, 2014
- Banff to Golden (Yoho National Park)One of my favourite days on tour! First stop on our way to Golden was Moraine Lake located in the Valley of the Ten Peaks. This was a very beautiful place even when it was pouring down rain. We did Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 25, 2014
- Jasper to Banff The drive from Jasper to Banff has been voted many times as one of the most beautiful drives in the world, and I have to say it lived up to expectations, at the times I wasn't asleep in the van. Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 25, 2014
- Wells Gray Provincial Park to Jasper On our drive to Jasper we stopped at Mount Robson Provincial Park for lunch. The luck that I had in Alaska, seemed to have continued in to Canada, as we were fortunate that there was no clouds covering Mount Robson Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 25, 2014
- Windy Lake LodgeGet off the Algoma Central Passenger train at mile post 122.5. It is a flag stop, so you will have to tell them which day you are going to return. Note: you can either return the next day or Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 25, 2014
- Heather's summer visit, August 9-25, 2014 We have had a busy couple of weeks and the highlights were trips to Sackinaw Lake on British Columbia's Sunshine Coast and to Tofino on the west coast of Vancouver Island. Heather's sister Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Aug 25, 2014
- Whistler to Wells Gray Provincial Park Next stop for 3 nights was Wells Gray Provincial Park. On our drive we stopped at Joffre Lakes, which was absolutely stunning with the bright blue glacier fed waters. We then stopped at Marble Canyon for lunch, which also had Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 25, 2014
- Vancouver to WhistlerHi again! I now have 15 days of Canadian Rockies to write about ...
Once again another awesome tour, with mostly great people. I survived the camping, and am now a pro at assembling a tent, stuffing a sleeping bag and Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 24, 2014
- All AboardI had heard about [[http://www.agawacanyontourtrain.com/|Algoma Central Railway]] on PBS in past years. Somewhere along highway 17 I picked up a brochure and thought "Why Not.
A few crazy phone calls and internet searches - both of which are difficult wh Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 24, 2014
- North Shore of Lake SuperiorYou had better like to camp and canoe - well also hike a lot.
And if it is raining - as it did for 3 days, you won't even want to camp and canoe, just pla Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 24, 2014