- Day 3 - VancouverAfter the trip yesterday, we all felt amazingly well.
We had dinner with son Dave on Wednesday night at Denny's - food was ok but nothing to write home about.
Got back to our unit at about 10 PM and hit Posted by jvella in Holiday 2013 | Sep 21, 2013
- Day 9 Whistler by sea-plane, gondola & dirt bikeFriday 20th September 2012
One of the disadvantages of a hotel in the centre of the town with a room that overlooks the village centre is that when the clubs kick out at around 2am everyone wanders back to their hotels Posted by Chris Russell in Canada | Sep 20, 2013
- Creeping red and yellow
I'm writing this from the library at Bishop's. Delaying leaving the warmth of this building because today has not-so-subtly hinted that it's time Posted by maplemoose in Right side, Wrong hemisphere | Sep 20, 2013
- DigbyIt does get cold in the mornings here! We got up early and made the earliest exit to date, around seven thirty. There was a lot of fog to make the early part of the ride a bit freaky. Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 20, 2013
- Days 113-115Our adventures were coming to an end, and we were starting to prepare ourselves mentally for our return home, but we really wanted to do something special in our last week and continue our holiday rather than just resign ourselves Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 20, 2013
- Day 8 Clearwater to Whistler by road
Thursday 19th September 2012
Peter sussed out the heating in the lodge and switched it on. Come morning we were very glad we had for there was a frost on the ground and the car need Posted by Chris Russell in Canada | Sep 19, 2013
- Day 112A mixture of my mother's urgings and the Lonely Planet guidebook calling it Victoria's #1 tourist attraction made us decide to go check out the Butchart Gardens. Here you get belted over the head with an entrance fee worthy of Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 19, 2013
- Days 109-111We were all set to launch seriously into selling mode for Miss Minnie, starting with a trip to the mechanic. For one thing, the power steering was shuddering worse and worse at low speeds, and I wanted that looked at Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 19, 2013
- Days 106-108The weather was on the mend, with blue skies starting to peak through, and we were back on the road, heading for Calgary. Although Calgary was not on Liz's agenda, I wanted to visit just to call in to the Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 19, 2013
- Welcome!Hey everyone!
I'm Chella, and this is going to be my travel blog this fall. I'm taking part of the MEI Academy Fall Semester program, and after we meet up on Sunday Sept 22 in Toronto, we will be heading Posted by chella.thornton in Chella + The World | Sep 19, 2013
- T minus 7 days and counting..........My first (and test) blog now that I have a quiet minute to reflect on my thoughts about what we're about to do (because the all the kids are out of the house - Thank you Denise!) My emotions Posted by Octobrianna in Can We Cope Man? | Sep 18, 2013
- MontrealUpon arriving in Toronto customs to catch the connecting flight to Montreal, I immediately felt I was no longer in the US. The fashion was different and people seemed less...rushed. Approaching the customs officer, I braced myself for the stern, Posted by always_explore in Never lost, always exploring | Sep 2, 2013
- Day 7 Clearwater
Wednesday 18th September 2012
Sorry, I forgot to put in the map yesterday so have inserted it today instead.
I was very cold in bed last night, and discovered why this morning. Pe Posted by Chris Russell in Canada | Sep 18, 2013
- Dan comes to stay and a trip to TorontoSo I've finally sorted out my modules for this term, I'm doing introduction to aquatic environments, vertibrate structure and function, applied animal behaviour, and wildlife conservation and management. The coursework has already been piled on with more Posted by Tonksadoodle in A Year Abroad Smothered In Maple Syrup | Sep 18, 2013
- Musique de la BaieNoDoze and Raptor - We have "find a beach and walk it" days and also "Clean the RV and do Laundry" days and that's what these these days have been. What has been really nice is that Marcell Comeau Posted by retiredh's in Miles to Go | Aug 9, 2013
- Acadian TourNoDoze and Raptor - A couple of weeks back we signed up for a five hour tour along "la Baie Sainte-Marie". They cancelled last Monday and called this Monday and said it was on and would we still like Posted by retiredh's in Miles to Go | Aug 6, 2013
- Boat ParadeNoDoze and Raptor - Have we mentioned how wonderful OUR SPOT is at this campground, Belle Baie? The first couple of days were foggy and drizzly.
[center][/cente Posted by retiredh's in Miles to Go | Aug 5, 2013
- Just Riding AroundI neglected to mention one important aspect from yesterday's ride back. Walter pulled over to the side of the highway at a very special geographic location and we all took pictures of us in front of the sign proclaiming Shubenacadie Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 18, 2013
- HalifaxI was embarrassed! At the end of the day, I was worn out. And here, Nurse Naomi had worked the graveyard shift in surgery at the hospital, and she went along for the entire day's ride! Freakin nurses have shown Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 18, 2013
- The Last PostAs I “open at the close” (the final Harry Potter reference, I promise), I thought it might be interesting to share some statistics of our trip:
71 accommodations (so 71 pack ups)
7 flights (Paris, Sicily, Malta, Athens, Turkey, UK, Canada)
13 000 Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Sep 18, 2013
- Day 6 Jasper to ClearwaterTuesday 17th September 2012
We aimed to leave the Best Western in Jasper by 9am as we had a 5hr drive ahead and we wanted to be able to have some rest stops and not to do it in one big Posted by Chris Russell in Canada | Sep 17, 2013
- Days 104-105Every now and then on an extended holiday, you kind of need a holiday from it all! Somehow in all of the packed schedule for the remainder of our adventure, Liz had found a couple of days to just chill Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 17, 2013
- Day 103
I would have never heard the end of it if we had not visited my mum's favourite place in the world: Lake Louise. She has waxed lyrical about it ever since visiting about a decade ago, and up Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 17, 2013
- Day 102They say a picture tells a thousand words and so we think we might keep our mouths shut for this one and just let you enjoy the views that we enjoyed while driving along the Icefields Parkway from Jasper to Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 17, 2013
- Living thingsArrived at Bishop's and starting to settle into classes. Before I tell you about where exactly I am I thought I'd sneak in a post about some bits of the natural world that I've seen lately.
One of my eclectic Posted by maplemoose in Right side, Wrong hemisphere | Sep 17, 2013