- Wells Gray Provincial Park to Jasper On our drive to Jasper we stopped at Mount Robson Provincial Park for lunch. The luck that I had in Alaska, seemed to have continued in to Canada, as we were fortunate that there was no clouds covering Mount Robson Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 25, 2014
- Windy Lake LodgeGet off the Algoma Central Passenger train at mile post 122.5. It is a flag stop, so you will have to tell them which day you are going to return. Note: you can either return the next day or Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 25, 2014
- Heather's summer visit, August 9-25, 2014 We have had a busy couple of weeks and the highlights were trips to Sackinaw Lake on British Columbia's Sunshine Coast and to Tofino on the west coast of Vancouver Island. Heather's sister Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Aug 25, 2014
- Whistler to Wells Gray Provincial Park Next stop for 3 nights was Wells Gray Provincial Park. On our drive we stopped at Joffre Lakes, which was absolutely stunning with the bright blue glacier fed waters. We then stopped at Marble Canyon for lunch, which also had Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 25, 2014
- Vancouver to WhistlerHi again! I now have 15 days of Canadian Rockies to write about ...
Once again another awesome tour, with mostly great people. I survived the camping, and am now a pro at assembling a tent, stuffing a sleeping bag and Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 24, 2014
- All AboardI had heard about [[http://www.agawacanyontourtrain.com/|Algoma Central Railway]] on PBS in past years. Somewhere along highway 17 I picked up a brochure and thought "Why Not.
A few crazy phone calls and internet searches - both of which are difficult wh Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 24, 2014
- North Shore of Lake SuperiorYou had better like to camp and canoe - well also hike a lot.
And if it is raining - as it did for 3 days, you won't even want to camp and canoe, just pla Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 24, 2014
- Sleeping Giant Provincial ParkIf you have crossed the border to Canada to visit Fort William Historical Park, might as well spend a night or two at [[http://www.ontarioparks.com/park/sleepinggiant|Sleeping Giant Provincial Park]] and get a campsite right on Marie Louise Lake.
[img=ht Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 24, 2014
- Hello Canada
Despite the time and money spent on the new starter for the Ol' Chevy Van, I had a very good Couch Surfing experience in Thunder Bay with Dawna.
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 24, 2014
- First Week in Victoria[center]
===One-Day-Vacay in Vic ===
Mama and Papa bear stayed another day to bum around the island with me and check out some things - and to teach me to grocery shop of course :p We checked out my new campus, went Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Aug 24, 2014
- A belly full of berriesWild blackberries. Vancouver is covered in them, and nobody picks them. Occasionally i see a cyclist stalled on the roadside having some delicious energy boosting snacks from the bushes, but that’s about it. It’s kind of lucky actually because blackberrie Posted by rosebeagley in Live, love, kayak! | Aug 21, 2014
- North AmericaSince returning to Canada in August 2012, I've done an exceptionally good job of travelling non-stop yet documenting hardly any of it. My main commute has been between British Columbia (BC) and Ontario, which is roughly the same travel time Posted by madrugada in Destination (Un)known. | Aug 20, 2014
- Entry 9 - Vancouver IslandAfter my run on Saturday I went shopping for sports bras - Lululemon was a failure because they didn't have my size and the service was atrocious!! Also for those of you addicted to Lululemon in Australia - if they Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Aug 19, 2014
- A dry earthWe need rain. The well needs rain. The garden needs rain. Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Aug 19, 2014
- The Relocation[center]
Bright and 5 am early on Friday mama bear, papa bear and myself got up and drove out to Lillooet for my cousin Kelsey's wedding. Met up with some of my Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and their kidlets for supper Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Aug 17, 2014
- Hiking trails in SW OntarioIn our quest to find some hiking trails to explore near our home, Bud and I set out this weekend to a few near London, Ontario.
Sharon Creek Conservation area is just outside of Delaware and showed (on their Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | Aug 17, 2014
- Tie me upThe tipi doesn't bring me a good night rest. I pretend to myself I'm sleeping but really I'm awake for many hours. I'm warm and comfortable enough but somehow sleep doesn't come. So when I walk to the washing room Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 4, 2014
- About the tipi and the thunderstorm"If you think you've seen beautiful things, wait untill today, you ain't seen nothing yet," Fred definitly rises our expectations to very high standards when he speaks these words. Today we're hitting the road once more, but not just any Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 6, 2014
- "People get in your car, it's a MOTHER bear!!"There's a blue sky over the cabins as we wake up and head to the Jasper tram way, a cable line to the top of Mount Whistler. That's to say: the gondola takes you nearly to the top at an Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 6, 2014
- Please do not climb the bearsSun Peaks is only an in between stop, a place to spend the night, so in the morning it's time to start the drive to Jasper National Park. Another 400 km. Excitement as we leave Sun Peaks, in the woods Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 7, 2014
- The giant chairIt's busy in the breakfast room @ the Sandman hotel in Squamish. A new load of Asian tourists has arrived and it's an adventure to get breakfast sorted. A man squeezes a bagel into the toaster and can't get it Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 8, 2014
- Peak 2 PeakThe rain is pouring when we wake up in our brand new yet soulless hotel in Squamish. It turns everybody a bit quiet. We all show up in our rain jackets and drive to the town of Whistler. Whistler was Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 9, 2014
- Goodbye Vancouver IslandI can imagine there's plenty more to explore on Vancouver Island, but we're on a schedule and we're leaving today. Heading back to the mainland and catching the ferry again. We don't have to drive all the way back to Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 10, 2014
- Perfect day: Pacific Rim walk and BBQToday we're heading for the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve. The Park is made up of three separate regions: Long Beach, the Broken Group Islands, and the West Coast Trail, characterized by rugged coasts and lush temperate rainforests. We'll explore Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 11, 2014
- The black outIt's time to leave the city behind and discover the beautiful nature of Vancouver Island. It promises to be a long drive, so by 7.30 am we hit the road. The drive is a treat for the eyes, the most Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 12, 2014