- Waterfalls, flying dogs and backyard brunch
Bishop's University, from the front lawn at dusk.
It's been a while since I've written anything here, so thought it might be time to throw some words down. Maybe some pictures too.
Posted by maplemoose in Right side, Wrong hemisphere | Oct 16, 2013
- Swiss CVs... everything but the kitchen sink I'm trying to put together my CV for my visa application, but I'm finding it hard to get clear information on what should be included in a Swiss CV. Actually, the better question is what shouldn't be included in my Posted by chinaadventurer in switzerlandbound | Oct 15, 2013
- Catch upSince my last entry a lot has gone on, so I'm going to update this in little sections so as not to take away the enjoyment of reading it by adding too much at once.
To start with, last saturday me Posted by Josh Nunn in Canadia 101 | Oct 14, 2013
- NanaimoA FABULOUS/FASCINATING/FUN FACT ABOUT THIS PLACE:
The Nanaimo bar which is a no-bake cookie bar, is a Canadian dessert named after Nanaimo.
HOW EVER DID I GET HERE?
I took the "bus" from Victoria.... The "bus" turned out to be some Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jul 10, 2013
- BACK IN CANADA!A FABULOUS/FASCINATING/FUN FACT ABOUT THIS PLACE:
Capital city of British Columbia!
Steve Nash, twice Most Valuable Player in the National Basketball Association, grew up in Victoria. Michael Saunders, outfielder for the Seattle Mariners was Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jul 9, 2013
- Bush-whacking through the BurnThere is hardly anything in the world that might be able to top sitting in the warm hot tub in the middle of the night on a farm at the end of a dirt road with the stars shining down Posted by Fonsi in Fonsi's World Tour | Oct 13, 2013
- Waterton/Wildlife paradise[float=left][/float]Waterton Lakes can simply be described in just two words - Wildlife Paradise. What we had already seen before we saw in a much larger scale and what we hadn’t seen yet we did h Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Oct 13, 2013
- DrinkingAfter nearly a month of not drinking we finally had some Canadians beers in our van and have to say it’s not bad liquid at all :)
We also met our Perth’s friends who made us a great company through Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Oct 13, 2013
- Thanksgiving 2013 Posted by jfulch in My Adventure | Oct 12, 2013
- Writing On The Road Over the past couple of months I have been doing a little freelance writing in between working and travelling for an online website called [[http://Awesome.Canada.com|Awesome.Canada.com]]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/552093/407443C72219AC6817CD Posted by TezaTravels in TEZAS TRAVELS - VANCOUVER NOSUN EDITION | Oct 9, 2013
- Icefields parkway, Lake Louise and Banff NPDays of waiting were definitely worthy. Guides do not lie and although we didn’t have the perfect sunny weather it was one of the best drives we have ever experienced. 220 km took us the whole day and we wished Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Oct 9, 2013
- Canada - WhistlerSince arriving in Canada we've explored in and around Vancouver as well as some of Vancouver Island and when family came over it was time to see what else was on offer in British Columbia and the Rockies in Alberta! Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Aug 26, 2013
- Around Mt. Robson[float=right][/float]2 days longer we spent in Jasper NP in order to cross something which supposed to be on Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Oct 7, 2013
- Animals in Canadian Rockies[float=right][/float]Finally we have seen Elk. We were hoping for a moose but no complains :).
And as I wa Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Oct 7, 2013
- Our first dodgeball game and an eventfull weekend in TorontoSo apparently there isn't Spotify in Canada and having been here for over a month it has only just realised I am no longer in the UK and decided to not let me use it anymore. However with some help Posted by Tonksadoodle in A Year Abroad Smothered In Maple Syrup | Oct 7, 2013
- Nosch and other weird discoveries
It's a city of water, a city of mountains. Wide streets, rushing traffic, no honking (Canadians are way too polite for that, Germans should learn something from them) and loads of hu Posted by Fonsi in Fonsi's World Tour | Oct 6, 2013
- The Legend of the White Rock
And so the tale begins...
My first week in this new but old country has been exhausting. I now believe I know what it would feel like to have a hangover three days in a row. I wouldn't Posted by Fonsi in Fonsi's World Tour | Oct 3, 2013
- The photo I forgot to put on the last post Posted by Josh Nunn in Canadia 101 | Oct 1, 2013
- Sunny QuebecRecently octoberfest had happened which was fun, made better by today having been about the 6th day of consecutive bright blue sky.
On Friday I went to an activity called arbre en arbre, which was basically climbing trees in the Posted by Josh Nunn in Canadia 101 | Oct 1, 2013
- Day 5 - The start of the CruiseToday is boarding day for the cruise.
Boarding is scheduled to start at 12:30 PM with the ship leaving Vancouver at 4:30 PM.
Our apartment is only about 15 minutes walk from the cruise terminal, which is located at Canada Place, so Posted by jvella in Holiday 2013 | Oct 1, 2013
- Jasper National Park[float=right][/float]As we are in Canada already for 2 weeks we are practically Canadians so why not to cool us down a little more? :D This night we cool our van instead of heat and we Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Sep 29, 2013
- Jasper National Park ArrivalBeautiful sunny but chilly morning. After short brackie we jumped to the car to heat up and realised that Orlik (understand our van) had eaten the whole tank again just right after we left the city and now we are Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Sep 29, 2013
- Manitoba and SaskatchewanManitoba welcomed us with a pleasant weather and we did have the warmest night from all. Today our goal is only around 1000 km so better get going
Soo the warm welcome didn’t last long and Manitoba and yet Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Sep 29, 2013
- Quetico National Park[float=right][/float]The perfect autumn day. Sunny, after NY finally pretty warm day. It was just us, canoe, lakes and more lakes, eagles, birds, turtles and ducks. You paddle around an Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Sep 29, 2013
- Fall in OntarioWhat we realized when exploring Lake Superior is that we are travelling out of season again and that has few consequences.
Lots of campgrounds and hikes are already closed but nothing is crowded so we can easily pick up the Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Sep 29, 2013