- International Peace Park - First DayWhen I got in the van in the parking lot of the Pine Lodge in Whitefish I asked aloud, "North or South?"
I turned the key and decided North.
First I had to go a bit South and then East until I Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 28, 2016
- Planning a Trip for Me & SerendipityTraveling, like any other Grand Project requires a lot of planning;... the longer the trip, the more planning that needs to be done. I've been at it for a couple of months (planning that is), and a trip of this Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Aug 27, 2016
- A Week in OntarioMy son, Doug, invited me to come for a visit and of course I was quick to accept. On my first day in Toronto we had a barbeque at his house with my oldest grandchildren Tanya and Shannon and Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Aug 20, 2016
- Day 1So... We are sitting at Pearson airport awaiting our flight on Aer Lingus. Denis is dressed in a bright golf shirt, just by coincidence he says... Alex doing Sodoku. Loewen revelling how perfect her hair looks. Me, I'm Posted by RoyAdventures in Ireland | Aug 14, 2016
- Hello from the other siiiiiiiiiiideee (of the border)We are sure all of you know by now that we have made it back in one piece from our grand American Odyssey. It has been an extremely hectic almost-month here at Welly HQ and this blog post is far Posted by thewellyunit in Will and Kelly Attempt to Adventure | Aug 13, 2016
- Crossing British ColumbiaWith an almost healed arm, I can maneuver Ol' '95 along the[[https://www.travelalberta.com/ca/places-to-go/road-trips/crowsnest-highway/| Crowsnest Highway]] over the pass, across the continental divide and into Alberta.
The world changes with each kilom Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 12, 2016
- Crossing British Columbia - Day 6M y body aches from my fall. My previously torn rotator cuff is acting up. I have to drive with one hand and that seems a bit treacherous on the mountain curves.
I want to stay in a beautiful hotel room Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 12, 2016
- Crossing British Columbia – Days 3 and 4 and 5
In my cozy van bed by the lake, I had been dreaming for some time that I was in Denver at my grandson’s rock band concert. The music was not Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 11, 2016
- Crossing British Columbia – Day Two
I drove less than 300 miles (close to 400 kilometers when you are in Canada). It is not the miles you cover, but the scenery along the Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 8, 2016
- Crossing BC – Day OneI tried to navigate my way out of Vancouver by paper map and mind instead of Google GPS.
Wrong idea. I did get the opportunity to drive over several of the bridges that I had previously seen only from the bus Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 7, 2016
- Last minute preparationsWe have decided to travel to another "I" country this year: Ireland!!! We're not far away. Just making sure all the "stuff" is ready: tickets, transportation, passports, bookings, itineraries, etc. And money of course. Plastic. The best way to travel. Posted by RoyAdventures in Ireland | Aug 7, 2016
- One Last Day in the CityIt was my last night in Vancouver. I received an email from my AirBnB host offering me another night on the house,
In the morning, I decided to spend one more Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 6, 2016
- Bike, Feet and BusOn Thursday, it was a fantastically sunny day. I rode my bike along the [[http://vancouver.ca/parks-recreation-culture/seawall.aspx|seawall]]. Unlike Victoria, Vancouver has provided extensive pathways for both pedestrians and bicycles. Both are well tra Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 5, 2016
- Bus, Feet, and TrainAs I usually do the first time I arrive in a city, I purchased a [[permanent and temporary displays|Hop On/Off tour ticket]] to get the lay of the land in Vancouver.
I purchased it at a convenience store before boarding and Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 5, 2016
- Fine Arts and Food[[http://www.vanartgallery.bc.ca/the_exhibitions/exhibit_kher.html|Vancouver Art Gallery]] is Vancouver's art museum that seemed to have all special exhibits and minimal permanent collection on display.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/Art_G Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 4, 2016
- Goodbye Vancouver IslandYou can either fly or take a ferry to get from the island to the city. Of, course, Ol' '95 and I took another ferry ride.
[img= Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 3, 2016
- Can they survive a trip to Europe?First it was at 21-day trip of a lifetime: Hawaii – Florida – Bahamas in 2008; followed by ten days in Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai and the Big Island) in 2009; and five Caribbean cruises from 2008-2014.
Can they pull off another Posted by quinnsinireland in Quinn's In Ireland | Aug 2, 2016
- Go Along One More PathThere are many more kilometers of bike paths and hiking trails on Vancouver Island than there are are roads and streets.
And believe me, they are better marked.
V Islanders are an outdoorsy bunch. I certainly hit the trail far less Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Aug 1, 2016
- See the Butchart GardensEveryone, and I mean everyone, visits the[[http://www.butchartgardens.com/| Butchart Gardens]] when in Victoria.
\[img=http://photos.tra Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Jul 31, 2016
- Visit Sooke AgainI had stayed in Sooke for over a month and had not met the owners of the home where I was house sitting. They had to leave for Europe before I could arrive, and I had to leave to visit Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Jul 31, 2016
- Make One Last Stop in VictoriaThere is plenty more to experience in Victoria than what I have, but there were only two more on my "Must Do" list.
Ride my Bike around Beacon Hill Park and along Dallas Drive
[[http://www.beaconhillpark.ca/|Beacon Hill Park]] is the city pa Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Jul 31, 2016
- And It is NOT Drunken[[http://www.hellobc.com/duncan.aspx|Duncan]] is another port city about 50 miles up island from my current house sit.
When I had my hair cut in Sooke a few weeks Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Jul 29, 2016
- From Sprout Lake to the Saanich Peninsula
I left Sprout Lake to head for another house sitting assignment on the [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saanich_Peninsula|Saanich Peninsula]].
If you are leaving up island Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Jul 23, 2016
- Another Day on the RimAnother walk on [[http://www.mackenziebeach.com/default.php|McKenzie Beach]] near Tofino. Then, I decided to head back to Ucluelet. It was drizzling rain - have I mentioned that my windshield wipers don't work consistently?
I was still vacillating betw Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Jul 23, 2016
- The Pacific RimGradually since the 1970s, [[http://www.hellobc.com/ucluelet.aspx|Ucluelet]] (yew'-kloo-let) or affectionately called Ukee) and [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tofino|Tofino]] have become vacation spots for Islanders and world travelers. Although it is le Posted by pscotterly in North by Northwest | Jul 23, 2016