- A week of sport and assignmentsHaving been to see the Blue Jays playing in Toronto we decided we needed to watch a more interesting sport so we went to see Guelph Storm the local ice hockey team playing the Erie Otters in Downtown Guelph. The Posted by Tonksadoodle in A Year Abroad Smothered In Maple Syrup | Sep 28, 2013
- Day 16 Victoria to Vancouver
Friday 27th September 2012
Up for a 7.30am breakfast so that we could squeeze in a visit to Butchart Gardens before we caught the ferry to Vancouver. Breakfast was divine; we Posted by Chris Russell in Canada | Sep 27, 2013
- Day 15 Victoria - Orca
Thursday 26th September 2012
A busy day loomed for us today, and for the first time we were splitting up. Peter and I were going whale watching again to try to see Orca whilst Janet had said before we Posted by Chris Russell in Canada | Sep 26, 2013
- Day 14 Tofino to Victoria - Black bears on the way
Wednesday 25th September 2012
When I got up today the muscles in my calves really ached. That’s because yesterday we had to half raise ourselves off the seats of the Zodiac, s Posted by Chris Russell in Canada | Sep 25, 2013
- Hiking with MarcellNoDoze and Raptor - What a day! Marcel came over to visit for a while. He was going to Mavillette beach, where they were having a Sand Sculpture Competition. Supposed to be yesterday but because of the Posted by retiredh's in Miles to Go | Aug 11, 2013
- Internship Aftermath - How My Perspectives Have ChangedThe internship I did this summer was through my university's international internship program. And its purpose is to give students an opportunity to engage in international experiences.
You may ask, "How is this an international experience if you are g Posted by AndyXia in Life in Nanjing, China | Sep 24, 2013
- Savoy Family ConcertNoDoze and Raptor - Last night we attended the Savoy Family concert. One of the last big events of the festival. The program said "Cajun style evening complete with a gumbo made by Ambroise Comeau and music by Posted by retiredh's in Miles to Go | Aug 12, 2013
- Wrapping Up My Time In The Mountains. The time for an update is long overdue.
The past couple of weeks have been very busy and I have yet to find the time to sit and dedicate some writing time to my blog.
The season and weather out Posted by TezaTravels in TEZAS TRAVELS - VANCOUVER NOSUN EDITION | Sep 24, 2013
- Bear RiverNoDoze and Raptor - There was quite a storm last night, (no thunder or lightning) but lots of rain and Wind! This morning we thought for sure we would see damage in the campground. But as the fog Posted by retiredh's in Miles to Go | Aug 11, 2013
- Day 12 - Tofino via salmon hatchery
Monday 23rd September 2012
We were sad to leave Laurel’s at Campbell River this morning; Janet had a tear in her eye. In the short space of time we met Laurel she became a good frie Posted by Chris Russell in Canada | Sep 23, 2013
- Jasper National Park Road TripROCKY MOUNTAIN GAZETTE
A few weeks back a friend of mine from Germany – Sandra, who I had worked with back at the Ranch and toured with around Vancouver Island bypassed through Alberta. Sandra was rounding up her year in Canada Posted by TezaTravels in TEZAS TRAVELS - VANCOUVER NOSUN EDITION | Sep 23, 2013
- Here we go!Hi there!
After spending a first night at the Sheraton in Toronto, our new MEI family is feeling extremely excited. Right now, we're at the airport, waiting to board our 2:55 air canada flight to Beijing!!
I'll check in when we Posted by chella.thornton in Chella + The World | Sep 23, 2013
- Day 11 Campbell River - Of Bears and DolphinsSunday 22nd September 2012
For the first time this holiday we woke to the sound of rainfall. It was absolutely pouring! Today we are booked to go on a grizzly bear watching safari with Discovery Marine Safaris who do Posted by Chris Russell in Canada | Sep 22, 2013
- football mainlylast night we tried out a Quebecois bar we had heard about, which turned out to be a great place. It was busy but not packed, and darkly lit with wooden tables everywhere which made for a great atmosphere. we Posted by Josh Nunn in Canadia 101 | Sep 22, 2013
- CemeteryNoDoze - Raptor - Marcel visited this morning and Gail and Clyde visited with us this afternoon. Since Gary hadn't gotten his cache for the day, we headed out to find one near by and found a little Acadian Posted by retiredh's in Miles to Go | Aug 9, 2013
- Day 1 Thunder Bay to FargoBiker Stories from the Road, 2013 - part 1
And the adventure begins!
We started off from Thunder Bay Friday Posted by Moto-Duo in Hwy 89 Revisited | Sep 22, 2013
- Parc Jacques CartierSince the trip to Levis there has been an even bigger one to Le Parc Jacques Cartier, a local nature reserve.n Local in the canadian sense, as we took a yellow bus for about an hour to get there. On Posted by Josh Nunn in Canadia 101 | Sep 22, 2013
- The endAnd finally our enormous adventure around south and central america was over. We flew very early in the morning from Cancun to Vancouver (very the annoyingly complicated Dallas airport and American immigration), very excited to speak English again and get Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | Sep 22, 2013
- Day 118==Hayden's musings==
Comfort food for our last day of our adventure - Liz found us a place for brunch where she could savour some more fresh salmon and we could get a good meal into us prior to the long process Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 22, 2013
- Days 116-117It is steadily becoming more real that we are actually heading home after 2 and 1/4 years since we left on our big adventure. Unfortunately there was still a massive list of things to do that weren't fun but had Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 22, 2013
- Day 10 Whistler to Cambell River - Vancouver IslandSaturday 21st September 2012
What a difference a room makes! We all had a good nights sleep and woke refreshed and ready for our journey to Vancouver Island via the Sea to Sky highw Posted by Chris Russell in Canada | Sep 21, 2013
- Back to the US of AWell, we got up at 5:55am and got everything ready. Went for the continental breakfast that I never knew existed, and then too off for the ferry. I had awakened at 4am to put onmy seasickness patch that Jess had Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 21, 2013
- Last Day on Nova ScotiaArose late to brilliant sunshine. Linda and I looked at each other and both new we were done. My back was sore. We knew we still had a long ride home. We praised the ferry. But alas, we knew there Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 21, 2013
- Day 3 - VancouverAfter the trip yesterday, we all felt amazingly well.
We had dinner with son Dave on Wednesday night at Denny's - food was ok but nothing to write home about.
Got back to our unit at about 10 PM and hit Posted by jvella in Holiday 2013 | Sep 21, 2013
- Day 9 Whistler by sea-plane, gondola & dirt bikeFriday 20th September 2012
One of the disadvantages of a hotel in the centre of the town with a room that overlooks the village centre is that when the clubs kick out at around 2am everyone wanders back to their hotels Posted by Chris Russell in Canada | Sep 20, 2013