- Wonderings...Tomorrow's the day! One more sleep!
Poring over websites, talking to people who've been and planning, planning for the last 9 months. We leave Pearson Airport in the morning. It seems so long ago that the flights were booked that I Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Dec 1, 2014
- Almost Booked!
Waiting for prices to come down, will book in January. Will go in April, hope it isn't spring brea Posted by Hyperpipe in Hyperpipe's Adventures | Dec 1, 2014
- St John'sBeing stuck away on the East coast of Canada makes Halifax just a bit awkward to leave. My plan had been to catch an overnight ferry which runs from the south of Nova Scotia down to Portland, Maine but it Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 30, 2014
- I heart VanThey say that friends are the family that you choose, and even though I am very blessed to have a fantastic family, I have to admit, I've chosen a pretty bloody good one for myself too! Two of my great Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Nov 29, 2014
- Pre-planningActon, ON
With only 3 days before our vacation, there are still things to get done. I just hate the thought of coming back to a messy house, so some of our time is cleaning. Sorting through clothes to bring, which Posted by otisandma in Pura Vida - Costa Rica Dec '14 | Nov 29, 2014
- Only 7 sleeps to go! Home packing and getting things ready to leave. Too many things to do and too little time left. Suitcases are too small and the items we want to take are too numerous. Well it is always this way before Posted by lacourciere in Art and Susan's Trip Down Under in 2014 | Nov 27, 2014
- On the Trail of Two HeroesWhen I was so much younger than I am today, I had an interest in electronics and radio. I made crystal set radios (that work without any power source),oddly shaped aerials, amplifiers, a malfunctioning power supply and the like. I Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 27, 2014
- Vancouver to Los Angeles Blog notes.
Overnight at Susan's cousin Bonnie with an early bedtime but got a phone call from the girls wishing us a Bon voyage for our Pacific crossing. Great to hear from them again and now we are excited about seeing Posted by lacourciere in Art and Susan's Trip Down Under in 2014 | Nov 25, 2014
- In VancouverNow in Vancouver waiting to take the big bird south tomorrow! Doing some last minute things and visiting some relatives before leaving. Found wifi in Metrotown and checking things out on the iPad. Just had a note that it Posted by lacourciere in Art and Susan's Trip Down Under in 2014 | Nov 24, 2014
- Lots of snowThis past week we have had lots of fun making snowmen, throwing snowballs, making snow angels, eating snow, and diving into snow. The Canadians sure aren't impressed that it was so cold and snowy so early on, but we were Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Nov 23, 2014
- Cape Breton and Cabot TrailThere was quite a bit of chatter in the hostel in Halifax about the Cape Breton Trail and how unmissable it is. Once I'd worked out it is a trail you drive, rather than walk, I was in. I rented Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 22, 2014
- Halifax: A Long Walk, South to North and BackThis is a bit of an extended walk - from the south of Halifax to the north end - which I didn't do all at once, or just once, It is quite long - you might want a cup of Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 18, 2014
- Halloween & Snow It has been a few weeks since the last update...
October 31st was Halloween. They are absolutely nuts for it over here. A few days before, the Centre for International Programs at the university hosted a 'How to Halloween' evening, we Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Nov 14, 2014
- Halifax: A Wander along the WaterfrontMy digs were very convenient for Dalhousie University, which is just a few blocks up my street (Morris). Going in the opposite direction, there are only about four blocks before you hit the waterfront. Almost next door is a Chinese Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 10, 2014
- Last Week in Canada[center]
is in the books==
Last week we wrapped up exams and handed in some
papers, drank a few/many vodka waters and said
good bye to our Uvic profs.
[img=http://photos. Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Nov 8, 2014
- Gratitude in MississaugaAs the fall becomes winter it offers time to contemplate the journey from Gabriola to Budapest to the UK and to Toronto where our grandchildren live.
We have seen ancient castles, gothic cathedrals, baroque towns and cobble streets. We have Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Nov 7, 2014
- Train Across Canada: Montréal to HalifaxHalifax is the end of the line when it comes to train travel in Canada. That's pretty much the only reason I ended up there, plus the fact they have a University which suited my needs (St John's, Newfoundland has Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 6, 2014
- An Afternoon Walk around Old MontréalBecause of my poor research, I only had my last day to spend looking around Old Montréal. The city was first established as a French colony in the mid 17th century, called Ville-Marie. The existing inhabitants were none too happy Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 2, 2014
- Train Across Canada: Winnipeg to MontréalVisiting the Manitoba Museum, I learnt about the Hudson Bay Railway, and it created a great desire in me to take a ride up to Churchill. Construction started in the 1880's but the line was not actually finished until 1929 Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Oct 26, 2014
- Getting the paperwork in placeLife is getting really busy with work and tucking the yard away for the winter.
It's a blustery day and difficult to get much done outside.
Time to start making a list and getting as much done ahead of time as possible Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Oct 26, 2014
- Back to Canada After New York, Kasey and I flew back to Toronto and came back to Guelph. We enjoyed a few days of quite time, while I did some exams. On Wednesday we headed to Niagara Falls, which was just as amazing Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Oct 25, 2014
- Making a housedressI've learned why the Arabs wear those flowing robes in the desert. It is very cooling.
So when facing the heat of a southern climate, my choice is a long loose dress.
My favourite style is a past the knee skirt Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Oct 23, 2014
- I'm Officially Going Nuts..[center]Changing of seasons is a great time to take a step back and do some self reflection. As the landscape around you changes, look at how you have changed and GROWN over the past weeks, months, years. One of the Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Oct 24, 2014
- Entry 12 - Richardsons visit and fall in VancouverSaturday morning I finished off last minute preparations for my visitors and then headed out on the train to pick them up from the airport – I didn’t drive as unfortunately our little Suzuki SX4 wouldn’t fit 5 people and Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Oct 23, 2014
- Catching up on the summer travelsWow, it is October.
Where did the last 4 months go? From a travel perspective the summer took me to Denver (CFA Conference), Red Deer (horse show), Montreal & Sorel, Quebec (horse show), Montreal and Montana (wedding and Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Oct 23, 2014