- MacGregor Point Provincial Park Spring is finally here! Our first camping trip of the year is met with one of the best weekends so far and we are camping in beautiful MacGregor Point Provincial Park. MacGregor Point Provincial Park is located north Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | May 21, 2016
- Week 15The week of the hipster!
It was time to head to ‘Sobey’s’ – a hipster, ‘manbun’ type supermarket as the guys in class call it. It’s pretty much on the way home but I haven’t ever stopped in. Lots of good Posted by emdaisy in Canada 2016 | May 18, 2016
- Nature around homeWe have had a slow start to spring here in south western Ontario. Sitting out in the back yard,beside our backyard pond, I photographed these many birds and 8 toads.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | May 15, 2016
- Week 14Another week down! It’s starting to be the downwards slope towards the end of course and I still have a lot of baking supplies in the cupboards. Time to get crazy in the kitchen! I’m not eating sugar or flour Posted by emdaisy in Canada 2016 | May 12, 2016
- Week 13ANZAC DAY in Ottawa 2016! What a cool thing to be a part of. It was held at the War Museum downtown. In our lovely (so flattering…not) SD uniforms it was onto the bus and down to the museum. It Posted by emdaisy in Canada 2016 | May 7, 2016
- May 2-3 - INSIDE PASSAGE - VANCOUVER, CANADA
On a clear day we continued traveling south in the Inside Passage of Alaska and British Columbia.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/ED Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | May 4, 2016
- The peculiar little ball, a tale from an alley.Greetings all readers! Again, welcome to another iteration of the CK@C blog! This is a time of celebration as my IB Economics exam had just finished!!!!! Now I can relax and write some more blogs instead of reading. So, that Posted by campnarakol in CampKol@Canada | May 3, 2016
- April- A month for competitions!Hi, everyone! I am back again, this is Christina from China, I would like to talk about my life in Canada.
I just finished all my competitions for math league and badminton. I did great with my partners for both Posted by zhaoyajian1998 in NSISPFC | May 1, 2016
- My Dream Vacation Around the World
Today I am on my way to the airport to start my wonderful journey that I have been given the opportunity to discover new lands and learn some new things! As I ent Posted by cameronxmoreno in My Dream Vacation Around the World | Apr 28, 2016
- Week 12 - Montreal FieldtripWe were off to Montreal for our much anticipated fieldtrip! We caught an Uber to work as we each had a suitcase and backpack and couldn’t face the thought of catching two busses and walking with all our bags as Posted by emdaisy in Canada 2016 | Apr 24, 2016
- Vancouver visit from my son Doug and our weekend in QuesnelWhen my son said he was coming to Vancouver on business and wanted to spend some time with me I was extremely pleased. And as it turned out his trip coincided with his sister Melinda's birthday. Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Apr 22, 2016
- Home Sweet HomeHere we are safely back home on our little Pacific island and although we've travelled 42,000 kilometres since January we have felt at home the entire time. Despite New Zealand's unique flora and fauna the geography is very similar to Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Apr 17, 2016
- Week 11The sickness still continued during the week and by Tuesday I was barely coping. Since we aren’t on a base there is a very technical and complicated process for going to medical. You have to go all the way out Posted by emdaisy in Canada 2016 | Apr 16, 2016
- Week 10 - the halfway point!We passed the halfway point so it was time to start the countdown apps on my phone. End of course, Contiki and seeing Peach are all very exciting things to look forward to!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/805839/IMG_7592.png thumb=http://photos.tr Posted by emdaisy in Canada 2016 | Apr 16, 2016
- Day 2 - Maple Syrup Day!Day Two began with breakfast at the Traditional Huron-Wendat Village. This authentic reconstruction of a Huron village gives students a glimpse into the history, traditions, and way of life of the Huron-Wendat Nation. Many of these buildings were built be Posted by hkolb in Quebec 2016 | Apr 8, 2016
- Day 1 - ArrivalWe have had a long yet fulfilling first day! The students did great on the bus ride and are to be commended on their behavior at the border. You never know how they will handle having a bus go through Posted by hkolb in Quebec 2016 | Apr 8, 2016
- Week 9It was time for our first double date, with my new friend Emma Davis and her partner Dev. They suggested a vegetarian restaurant called the Green Door. Not our usual flavour of things but we were keen to try something Posted by emdaisy in Canada 2016 | Apr 5, 2016
- Week 8 & Easter WeekendA new week began and it was time to explore some more of local Ottawa. We headed down on foot to the bottom of Parliament Hill on the boardwalk beside the canal. The canal is still frozen in parts but Posted by emdaisy in Canada 2016 | Apr 5, 2016
- Week 7I had booked us group tickets for an Ottawa Senators vs Minnesota game. We headed down to Rideau to catch the bus out to the Canadian Tire Centre. Its a big arena where they have concerts and sports games. [[http://www.canadiantirecentre.com/]] Posted by emdaisy in Canada 2016 | Apr 3, 2016
- Let the journey begin !! 🌏🌍🌎 Day 1Hello Everybody !!
We miss you already (we really, really do!) We're waiting at Gate C32, boarding in about an hour in a half. We're flying with Hainan Airlines, pronounced "hi-nan" and who's Hainan, you ask?? We don't even know, Posted by Globalsoul005 in AsiaTakeDown2016 | Apr 2, 2016
- One Month Left
I have been really bad at updating this. Not always having internet when I think to is usually the reason. When traveling to these communities I never know what to expect. Internet and p Posted by LotusFlower in Tales of A Travelling Photographer | Mar 30, 2016
- Late Nights and Cool LightsThe wildlife, the cool souvenirs and the tasty fish meals were nice, but they were not the inspiration for the cold trek to Yellowknife. The star attraction was the promise of a glimpse of the beautiful and mysterious Aurora Borealis Posted by Caro369 in Yellowknife | Mar 27, 2016
- Thanks everyone, thanks for everythingAs everyone who has read me blog before knows, I have been in Canada for three years. Canada is not only a country to me, it is also my second home.
To be honest with everyone, even there is nothing Posted by zhaoyajian1998 in NSISPFC | Mar 27, 2016
- Winter FunBeing close to nature adds to Yellowknife's charms. The plethora of small frozen lakes in and around Yellowknife facilitate other activities besides building ice roads to bring supplies to the diamond mines. Given their flatness and lack of obstacles, fro Posted by Caro369 in Yellowknife | Mar 27, 2016
- The Big CityHello Everyone,
Yellowknife is a small town by my standards (20,000 people) so I was not expecting too much. In my head, i pictured a dumpy rundown stand of trailers or maybe log cabins with a few diners to grab a Posted by Caro369 in Yellowknife | Mar 24, 2016