- Wine tasting on an empty stomachOkanagan Valley offers a totally different landscape than the Rocky Mountains, but it is still impressive. This region is dotted with wineries and we are about to discover a few. Our first stop is Sunny Hill. Marvelous view over the Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Jul 31, 2014
- The howling wolvesI hug the dogs at the Dreamcatcher hostel goodbye and we're on the road once more. It promises to be hot today. Our first stop is a shady place: a centre where they keep about 6 wolves and educate people Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 1, 2014
- "Shhhh… there's a bear sleeping here."Too little sleep, but there' s lots to be seen, so we're up early again, have breakfast at the long table in the kitchen area and then we're off to Kicking Horse Mountain. The sun is out, so it feels Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 2, 2014
- Driving up the mountain backwardsI don't mind saying goodbye to the tipi tent. And apparently I'm not the only one. On our departure morning I encounter Jorien who apparently strolled around the camping ground with Danielle for more than an hour in the middle Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 3, 2014
- Ottawa TrekDear All
We went on a tour of the 1000 Islands today.
Rowan and Jenni along with the kids, picked us up at the hotel, then with a "whoosh" and a "roar", off into the wild blue yonder quicker than you can Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 27, 2014
- Pre-Travel postingHello Friends, Family, Fellow Country Folk,
This is my first foray into the social media community.
I will be traveling to Southern India in October 2014, with a friend of mine, Ruby, and her mother, Auntie E-va.
This trip is my second trip Posted by Lorraine'sblog in Tamil Nadu | Sep 26, 2014
- Port Day in Halifax, Nova ScotiaThe day dawned crisp and clear and after breakfast we met up with Carol and Ray, two lovely Canadians who sit next to us at dinner. Ray had hired a car and offered to have us ride along. Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 26, 2014
- Ottawa visitDear All
So today was the day for catching up with Rowan, Jenni, Rhy and Izzy.
Met up about 12:30 at the hotel and had lunch in downtown Ottawa. Nice restaurant with good food and most importantly good wine!
Got taken out to Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 26, 2014
- Niagara FallsHurricane Sandy left us stranded in Toronto with our Greyhound bus canceled, so we decided to rent a car and drive back to NYC, stopping by Niagara Falls on the way.
It was a co Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Oct 31, 2012
- KetchikanDear Readers
So today will be a conglomerate of the last few days because I haven't had access to the internet or it has been soooooo unstable.
Skegway to Glacier Bay
Woke up this morning to a very grey, drizzly day. Today Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 25, 2014
- At Sea - Bound for Halifax, Nova ScotiaThe sea has calmed but the wind is still very strong and when combined with the 18 knots of the ship's speed made it impossible to walk around Deck 18 this morning. As an alternative I walked some of Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 24, 2014
- Kimberley BC to East Glacier MTAgain, this could have been an easy drive of 162 miles down a good road, but I had instructions that we had to see a truck and a slip (the latter had me completely befuddled, the former more than a Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Sep 23, 2014
- The Missed Port of St John's, NewfoundlandReflecting on the impact of the change of plans caused by the weather. There's the impact on the passengers, the impact on the ship and the crew and the impact on the port.
The impact on the passengers will vary Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 23, 2014
- Third Sea Day - Heading for St John'sStrong winds and a steep swell caused the ship's speed to be reduced during the night. According to the captain's report the swell was up to 5 meters with a combined wind speed of over 60 knots. We Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 22, 2014
- SkegwayDear All
Woke up the next morning and we had already docked. Didn't feel a thing. Outside was very rainy, foggy day. Thank goodness for our really expensive Ponchos.
Ron found the bus driver into town ever so helpful. After getting Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 21, 2014
- JuneauDear All
The weather eventually settled and woke to relatively calm seas. Did think at one stage I would be rolled out of bed due to the rolling of the ship. Anyway. All is good.
We had breakfast in the Stateroom this Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 21, 2014
- All At Sea - Day TwoWith an extra hour of sleep time we decided to watch a movie on the TV last night, the title is "Still Mine". It is based on a true story and deals with some of the many issues that Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 21, 2014
- From The Rockies to VancouverFriday 18 and Saturday 19 July
For the next three days we will be taking it easy before spending some time with family at Banff. We drove from Cardston to Calgary and checked into the campground. Keely was happy Posted by liz.d in Our US & Canada Road Trip | Sep 20, 2014
- Drumbeg Park
Having Tony's sister and brother-in-law come and visit was a very welcome blessing. We re-connected with family and family history. It was a great diversion from the spring and summer's obses Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Sep 20, 2014
- Day one onboard the Cruise ShipDear All
Today, we had a bit of a walk around the ship. Was just a tad invigorating and the weather has sort of turned around on us. It is drizzling and we are in fog. I haven’t seen any Ice Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 19, 2014
- Victoria to Ship TerminalDear All
Our last day in Vancouver. So sad!
So, as usual, an early morning start to the day. However, we were both happy this was to be the last early rushed start to the day for some time.
Whilst were getting Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 19, 2014
- Victoria to VancouverDear All
First of all, apologies for the lack of communication.
Now I've finally managed to get some access, albeit not the most stable, I'll forward these as I can.
Internet coverage has been less than desired. The last hotel we were staying Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 19, 2014
- Uni LifeHi Everyone,
Uni is going along well, although it has been a little difficult to get myself out of holiday mode and back into study mode!
4 out of 5 of my subjects are wonderful, and I am really enjoying the Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Sep 19, 2014
- Chasing the sun
The Harvest moon rising over the Rocky Mountains lights a path across the Salish Sea to our front windows and signals that it is time for us to turn our back on Canada and trek westward in pursu Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Sep 18, 2014
- Leaving for BCIt's fun once we've got it all packed, but it always seems to take longer than we expect. Posted by waltbx in ExhilaratingBritish Columbia August 2014 | Sep 17, 2014