- Day 6 to 9 - Toad River to Frances Lake to Dawson CityAfter 6 days of camping, we arrived in Dawson City! Needless to say, a shower felt pretty good!! The first three days we camped in Toad River, which was covered in my last post. The next three days we camped Posted by taliyna in BC, Yukon and Alaska Trip | Jul 19, 2015
- Drumheller, A Side TripWe tried to leave Banff early as we had a 4-hour drive to Drumheller, where there is a fabulous Dinosaur museum. It was highly recommended that we visit there.
We drove to the museum via Hwy 9 which is a beautiful Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 19, 2015
- High Tea Fit for a PrincessWe thought we’d have a lunch[img=h Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 18, 2015
- Made it to BanffThe truck was finished on Sunday late afternoon, we stowed our belongings, hitched up and left Vancouver. We Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 17, 2015
- TuckamoreHere is a tip, hiking 16 km with half being straight up a mountain in running shoes is doable but not generally advised (ankle support is really nice and turns out runners have shitty, soft soles).
So we arrive Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Jul 17, 2015
- Okotoks 2, AlbertaThursday was a fishing day for me. I met the guide near Calgary at 0900 and we were on the Bow River at 1000. It was pouring down rain and 48F. We started with some coaching Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Jul 17, 2015
- Okotoks 1, AlbertaMonday we drove to Okotoks from Medicine Hat. Okotoks is 15 mi. south of Calgary. Calgary driving struck us as a big city with all the crazy drivers and congestion you find in any large US city. Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Jul 17, 2015
- Telegraph CoveTelegraph cove, petite hanse du bout du monde rayonne au petit matin...
Les cents pas sur les quais montés sur pilotis... Et captain Wayne claironne l'embarquement!
Avancée fluide dans le détroit de Jonhstone sur une mer d'huile... Les nuages embrument Posted by bloomglance in British Columbia | Jul 16, 2015
- 'Craftivism' So what I failed to mention yesterday is Ger and I had our first run-in with 'Craftivism'. While hiking we stumbled across an old nintendo control only identified by [[http://rockvandals.com|Rock Vandals]]. Further research (thank you Google) we discove Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Jul 16, 2015
Flying via Denver to Winnipeg, woke up in time to catch some of the sunrise above Utah
[img=http://photos.t Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Jul 16, 2015
- Canada....Eh==Week 15==
Miles traveled: 8846
National/State Parks Visited: 20
Although we wanted to get on the road right after my interview preparation workshop, we didn’t and ended up staying in the Seattle area until after July 4th. I received an em Posted by RnCtravel in Adventures of Rachael and Chris | Jul 15, 2015
- Toulinquet [center][/center]
I am not sure how to start this entry (oh wait, yes I do, the last blog title meant "dancing" in Beothuk (an ancient local tribe here)) we have experienc Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Jul 15, 2015
- Days 4 and 5 - Toad River and SurroundingsToad River and the Muncho Lake provincial park are quite spectacular. The first evening we were at our camp site, we saw a moose on the other side of the river, having a snack. Thanks to Laurent's humongous camera lens, Posted by taliyna in BC, Yukon and Alaska Trip | Jul 14, 2015
- VancouverWell, we have had three nights in Vancouver which we have really enjoyed.
It is a great, friendly city with trees and flowers everywhere throughout downtown.
Spent the time exploring the city and a day in Stanley park (think Central Park Posted by young_murphy in Jason & Deirdre | Jul 14, 2015
- Farley Lake Attempt "It's not a backcountry adventure if everything goes right!"
The weekend began much like any other weekend trip to the mountains- with last minute planning. I only decided during the week to head out backpacking so this trip was rather last Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jul 13, 2015
- thug-wed-gieWell the last couple days have flown by with alarming speed. We ended Day 2 with another amazing meal with local ingredients at Mallard's Cottage in Quidi Vidi (so fresh they hand write the menu daily!). We Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Jul 13, 2015
- Day 3 - Fort St. John to Toad River - 569kmWe arrived in Toad River, where we will stay for 3 days. We has to help out a fellow today, who ran out of diesel on the Alaska highway. Drove him into the next town so he could get some Posted by taliyna in BC, Yukon and Alaska Trip | Jul 12, 2015
- Port Hardy
Un être humain motorisé ne peut pas être plus au Nord de l'île de Vancouver... Port Hardy... Le bout de la route 19... Et un des bouts du monde... Une rue, un mall, un sport's pub, un café (ouf!!)... Posted by bloomglance in British Columbia | Jul 12, 2015
- Adventures and Mis-Adventures in VancouverWe were in Vancouver on our way to Alaska, with our older grandkids, about 4 years ago. We’d stopped in Stanley Park and stumbled upon the area with the Totem Poles. We thought that it would be a good place Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 12, 2015
- Indian Head 2The second day I went to the local museum. They have moved a number of bldgs. from the area to Indian Head to consolidate and preserve their history. The schoolhouse was the most interesting to me. Here Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Jul 12, 2015
- Day 2 - Hinton to Fort St. John - 531kmJust arrived in Fort St. John! Again, the drive was perfect, with sunny weather all along. We stopped in Dawson Creek, where the Alaska Highway begins. Pictures below!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/142524/large_IMG_0174.jpg caption=On the road Posted by taliyna in BC, Yukon and Alaska Trip | Jul 11, 2015
- "Me Old Cock" Talk of the Rock Day 2If I started lazily yesterday, today set a new record. After ending yesterday with maybe one of the best tasting menus I have ever experienced (and tasting every critter possible including lobster, rabbit and duck) we fell into a Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Jul 11, 2015
- Visiting Ontario, June 26-July 7, 2015I wanted to visit my son Doug, daughter-in-law Linda and their family.......and to see their new cottage in Muskoka. One of the first things we did was go to a ball game...that is Doug, grandson Chris and Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Jul 11, 2015
- Campbell River
A Campbell river, la côte de Vancouver Island fait face à tout l'archipel.... La rivière est le berceau des saumons, qui en attendant le mois de septembre pour se reproduire dans les rivières, se retrouvent dans les eaux tumultueuses... Et Posted by bloomglance in British Columbia | Jul 11, 2015
- Indian Head 1, SaskatchewanThursday, July 9th, we drove to Indian Head, which is a small town near Regina. We set the clocks back again as we entered Saskatchewan. We saw more of the stunning yellow canola covering the rolling hills and Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Jul 11, 2015