- Day 102They say a picture tells a thousand words and so we think we might keep our mouths shut for this one and just let you enjoy the views that we enjoyed while driving along the Icefields Parkway from Jasper to Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 17, 2013
- Living thingsArrived at Bishop's and starting to settle into classes. Before I tell you about where exactly I am I thought I'd sneak in a post about some bits of the natural world that I've seen lately.
One of my eclectic Posted by maplemoose in Right side, Wrong hemisphere | Sep 17, 2013
- Tidal BoreMorning arrived. Still a bit sore from yesterday, but the legs were working. When I glanced out the window, I noticed a gorgeous sunrise. I took a hot shower, shaved and felt revived. Our plan was to Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 16, 2013
- Yeah SunWe jumped out of bed at 6am, our earliest awakening time on this trip. Had eggs, tea and oatmeal in the chalet. Loaded the cycles and were set to go before eight. Then, the gravel finally won, and I dropped Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 16, 2013
- The planThis will be our third motorcycle trip and second trip together (last year we traveled to Vancouver island with friends). It was a great trip but we wanted to finish of some unfinished business.
For our first trip (and Denise's Posted by Moto-Duo in Hwy 89 Revisited | Sep 16, 2013
- HeavenFor the first time since leaving Mattapoisett on the 8th, we were not on the cycles. In fact, we did absolutely nothing, nada, zip, zero! We stayed in our chalet and listened to the music of the falling Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 15, 2013
- Days 100-101I kept whistling to myself and marvelling to Liz that we were in such a beautiful part of the world. After moving out of the overflow campsite into the huge 'Whistler' campsite (with about 750 campsites, potentially over 2000 people Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 15, 2013
- Day 3 Canmore to Field via BanffSaturday 14th September 2012
It was overcast and a bit colder this morning, but fine sunny weather was forecast for later in the day. Waking early I sat in bed typing my diary/blog whilst Peter made a cup of tea Posted by Chris Russell in Canada | Sep 15, 2013
- Days 98-99
Our final adventure, one that Liz especially had been looking forward to from the moment she set foot on Canadian soil - the Canadian Rockies. We set out from Vancouver, attempting to Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 13, 2013
- Conquering The World Famous Cabot TrailWas sitting here early evening when suddenly I heard my phone break out in our wake up alarm--it was 6:30PM--where the heck was it at 6:30AM when it was supposed to go off!! Had a great night's sleep and Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 13, 2013
- Days 96-97Back in Canada! Now we really had to start getting organised, as we only had 3 weeks left and we had to figure out what we were doing and where we were going, along with preparations to sell Miss Minnie. Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 13, 2013
- Day 95On the way out of Seattle, Washington, we stopped by the 8-mile long Lake Washington ship canal, where about 100,000 boats pass through every year. This is also where Salmon attempt to navigate their way up river from the Atlantic Posted by lizden in A Snail's Pace | Sep 12, 2013
- Look Out Cabot TrailWell, we have to backtrack to last night. We were in a wonderful Inn in Pictou, had had a nice pub dinner, and now were nestled in bed and I was reading something to Linda. Suddenly, there came a tapping, Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 12, 2013
- PictouOh what, Oh what are the weather gods doing?
Now, I discover there are two big storms brewing,
We didn't mean to really piss them off, okay
So it's not fair both storms are heading our way.
Had a tough time arising this morning Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 11, 2013
- Quispamsis, New BrunswickWell, I'm a bit dejected. Wrote a rather lengthy account of today, trying a different approach that the blog provides, sending the account via e-mail. Last night, I had tried sending pictures that way, but it failed. Today, I Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 10, 2013
- DJ Shout OutNoDoze and Raptor - Today we got up and turned on CIFA. Jene was doing the french show, playing french music and some country. Sure enough at 10 am she started talking about the people she Posted by retiredh's in Miles to Go | Aug 4, 2013
- Lobster SupperNoDoze and Raptor - Earlier this week we visited the Sacred Heart Church in Saulnierville, Nova Scotia. The church is very close to where we are staying now. They were holding a Quilt Exhibit . Posted by retiredh's in Miles to Go | Aug 3, 2013
- Freshers, first lectures and Niagara FallsFresher’s week in Canada has been completely different to England, campus is dry for the week and everyone (except the internationals) sticks to that. The week was full of events and free food was everywhere, we had ice cream that Posted by Tonksadoodle in A Year Abroad Smothered In Maple Syrup | Sep 8, 2013
- Les Chutes MontmorencyWarning: the following entry contains a lot of photos, but they're all great so it's worth trawling through.
We finally went to the big waterfall the other day, but decided to take a bus rather than bike as it was a Posted by Josh Nunn in Canadia 101 | Sep 8, 2013
- Close Call in WhistlerYou are at the top of an Olympic ski jump hill. You lean up against the starting gate and look down, nearly straight down. What would it feel like to actually descend down the insanely steep decline only to have Posted by EuropInFebruary in From the Travel Book I'll Never Write | Sep 6, 2013
- New FranceNo Doze & Raptor: Rather than separate entries we will combine efforts for a while.
At the campfire last night we met many people and many gave us suggestions Posted by retiredh's in Miles to Go | Aug 2, 2013
- TuesdayToday was the first day of uni due to monday being a national holiday, and I got to choose my timetable. I've gone for a controversial approach which seems to either be well received or makes people give me a Posted by Josh Nunn in Canadia 101 | Sep 3, 2013
- Journey in Ways of PastNo Doze: The festival organizers publish a program booklet of all activities going on from July 27th to August 15th. So one of the first things Gary and I did when we got here was to go through it Posted by retiredh's in Miles to Go | Jul 31, 2013
- The hectic first few daysAfter a nine hour flight, a two hour yellow school bus drive and a five minute taxi ride with two full sized suitcases, one carry on wheelie suitcase and a laptop case I've made it to my house in Guelph. Posted by Tonksadoodle in A Year Abroad Smothered In Maple Syrup | Sep 1, 2013
- This is how we Rodeo! In Jasper the closest I got to the wildlife was an encounter with the little guy below, although cute and fuzzy looking I was pretty glad I was in a car because he didn't seem too happy at having his Posted by worldbug in Canada days | Aug 26, 2013