- Go Rrrrrrrrrrrrrockets!Most of us woke with anticipation and excitement today. Some of us were a little bit...ahem...slower off the mark due to our intensive education on Okanagan oenology the prior evening. Today was particularly exciting because two hotly anticipated Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 11, 2015
- Food festivalHappy anniversary to us!
Today was pretty foggy, and with the warmer temperatures the snow is getting very packed down on the runs and thick and heavy between the trees. With that in mind, Sean decided to take Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 11, 2015
- Less than a month to go....With 4 weeks left to go, I find I'm surfing the net and reading the Lonely Planet guides searching for interesting places and things to see and do. I'm busy making connections and coordinating visits with Facebook friends that Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Jan 10, 2015
- Big Air!Bit of a slow start this morning - everyone slowly got out of bed, but once we discovered that it was another cracking sunny day, it was time to get out there! Ronan headed off to ski school, Connor Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 10, 2015
- Canada - Whistler and Vancouver
After a quick 2 hour flight Las Vegas Posted by lana.drew in West Coast of California, USA and Canada | Jan 9, 2015
- Blinded by the light...This morning I was rudely awoken to an alarm sounding like a nuclear warning siren. Turned out to be Connor's iPhone reminder to feed the chickens at 7:30am. I stumbled down the stairs and located said iPhone on Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 8, 2015
- The Day After...The snowing stopped overnight and we awoke to a clear and relatively warm day - +2 degrees in the village and -2 at the top. Which meant the piste would only last for so long before it became cruddy Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 6, 2015
- Happiness is....Before we went to bed last night it stopped snowing. I went to bed mentally cursing those useless weather forecasters. I take it all back now. All of it. With a big slice of humble pie. Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 5, 2015
- Going Off The GridToday's the big day!
I feel silly admitting that I'm nervous for what the next three months are to bring for us. It seems as though we've had to prepare for much more than the average travelling couple. To help Posted by WarrJenn in S.E. Asia and Australia | Jan 5, 2015
- Pow!So we woke up this morning and still not a whole lotta powder, so Pete, Marian, Cameron, Connor, Bianca and I decided to do a lesson this morning, while Ronan, Leeloo and Maddy headed to ski school for the day. Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 4, 2015
- Zero pow but some crunchy steezSo the pow did not eventuate - apparently now coming Sunday night. I should know better than to trust the weather forecast!
Having said that, after a hearty breakfast, we all had a great day on the slopes. All Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 3, 2015
- The Dirty Laundry Gets Aired...Oh yes. The Dirty Laundry is out. But more on that shortly...
Today was our first full day of skiing, being finally and fully geared up now. After the usual disputes over misplaced gloves, liners, balaclavas, helmets, goggles, Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 2, 2015
- Entry 17 - Christmas and New YearThursday 18 December Will had the day off seeing he had worked on Tuesday. We had a pretty chilled out day and cleaned the unit and had a delicious cooked breakfast together before our landlord came over to do a Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Jan 2, 2015
- DepartureWell the time has finally come to head out on my next journey and hopefully one amazing adventure. Before I leave I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of my friends and family who have Posted by andyguebert in A Trip to Rural Kenya | Jan 2, 2015
- Board meetingAfter yesterday's extended NYE, we decided to do what everyone else does on New Years Day and sleep in. Slowly we all emerged around 9am and it seemed pretty clear that it was going to be a day of Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 1, 2015
- The Longest Happy New YearIt's been a marathon (literally) New Years Eve. Here are some key metrics to give perspective:
- Total hours in the day: 43 hours
- Total hours in planes and airports and cars: 24.5 (Cooneys), 27.5 (Greens)
- Number of plane-vomits: 1 Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 1, 2015
- Retirement approachesWith the end of 2014 just hours away, I realized that 2015 will see many changes for me. Another year has come and gone with Gerald and moving forward is my only options. I retire at the end Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Dec 31, 2014
- Days 243-247: Vancouver, BC, CanadaI stayed with a few people from different parts of west Canada. They were engineers and translators. They were all pretty cool, and we checked out some hip(ster) food and drink stops. Got to play some console video Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Days 204-207: Quebec City, Quebec, CanadaGot a ride share here. Staying with a Tunisian German couple that lives here and are super cool. They work online and live really simply and love traveling. And they're hella funny. I helped with her Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Days 200-203: Montreal, Quebec, CanadaThese Quebecoises, Marc and Bruno, gave me rides when I was hitching, which was cool. In the city, I was staying with these nudists, which was pretty funny. This guy Mike drove me all around town and cooked Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Days 197-199: Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaOttawa is actually really nice. I stayed with a couple who cooked us a nice dinner and breakfast. And I stayed with another couple for the next couple days on the Quebec side of Ottawa who let me Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Days 182-196: Toronto, Ontario, CanadaI rented a room for a week from this old, funny chef. It wasn't bad actually. He cooked some food for us, too.
I went to the gallery here. It was pretty good. Saw some faves like Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- The Best Christmas Ever[center]
Honestly felt like it all happened in a flash and that maybe I
dreamed it all! Thanks for making it special though family and
friends. It's truly one I won't forget. The anticipation, Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Dec 28, 2014
- Penticton to Lake LouiseAfter we left Penticton we headed north-east passing lots of beautiful lakes, lunching on the banks of Mara Lake. Further on at Craigellachie we saw where the last spike was driven into a railway sleeper to complete the Trans Posted by CeliaC in Nick and Celia USA and Canada | Dec 26, 2014
- Back to the Cold Canadian Winter...Time flies. It's been almost three weeks since I came back to the cold Canadian winter from Botswana. My Bots journey has been one filled with stories, memories, and revelations. It is still an unbelievable and dream-like occurrence that somehow Posted by jg_adventures in My Botswana Journal | Dec 25, 2014