- Day Twenty One - Day at SeaThere was a hint of colour to mark the start of a cloudy day. The wind is brisk and the temperature bracing. The highlight of the morning was the Culinary Demonstration with the Chef and Maitre d'Hotel. Both Posted by greynomadm in 2015-08 Alaska | Sep 16, 2015
- The wilderness of Vancouver Island Hello again! The next part of our trip has taken us to Vancouver Island, which lies to the west of Vancouver and is approximately half the size of Scotland. As well as this though it has hundreds of tiny Posted by CunninghamScott in Great Scott! It's an American adventure | Sep 15, 2015
- AND EVERYTHING STARTED IN A CAMPI am a proudly student from the [[http://uacam.mx/|Autonomous University of Campeche]] who gave me the opportunity on March to be part of the “Nova Scotia Campeche Leadership Camp 2015” the beginning of this story; where the [[https://nsisp.ca/|Nova Scoti Posted by The Journalist in The Journalist | Sep 15, 2015
- The Arctic maple icy waterNova Scotia is a beautiful and peaceful province located on the eastern most end of Canada, connected to the mainland only through a narrow piece of land. Although I've never really heard of it before, now I'm here, as a Posted by campnarakol in [email protected] | Sep 15, 2015
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) and angels....Well, Sunday (today its Tuesday) we got up super early (5am) drove from Lake Louise to Calgary, dropped off the hire car- goodbye Jeep! and flew to Edmonton, then Yellowknife. We then jumped onboard a float plane and took off Posted by Jochester71 in Chesters USA and Canada Trip 2015 | Sep 15, 2015
- Moraine Lake and a vey sore bottom!So, sunrise (Again) saw me trek to Moraine Lake.Moraine Lake is about 14 kms from Lake Louse. The light is all wrong for sunrise at Lake Louise and i was told this was the spot to be. After asking the Posted by Jochester71 in Chesters USA and Canada Trip 2015 | Sep 15, 2015
- Athabasca Glacier and Lake Louise......and my crying!So, up and at em! We left Jasper and the only request (demand) was that we stopped at Athabasca Falls, before heading to the Columbian Icefields.
The falls were only around 200m from the carpark (which by 9.30am was almost full!) Posted by Jochester71 in Chesters USA and Canada Trip 2015 | Sep 15, 2015
- Abbot Pass Hut snowy expeditionAbbot Pass Hut is perched on Abbot Pass at the top of the Victoria Glacier. At 2926m of elevation it is the second highest habitable structure in Canada. It sits on the provincial boundary of Alberta and British Colombia, the Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 14, 2015
- Canmore and BanffThe next leg on our Rockies road trip took us to Canmore for a couple of nights and Banff for a couple of nights. Canmore is just outside the Banff National Park but we'd heard good things from Ian when Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 14, 2015
- Tea rooms and glaciers at Lake LouiseThere are few things that will get me hiking quicker than the promise of a pub lunch or a tearoom rest stop. Our hike to the Beehives and the Plain of Six Glaciers in Lake Louise passed not one but Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 14, 2015
- JasperAfter all the camping and pit toilets on the last leg of the trip we were ready to enjoy the luxuries of beds, baths and fresh food. We were pretty shattered from all the canoeing and trekking so planned to Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 14, 2015
- Mt Robson and Berg LakeAfter our epic Bowron canoe adventure we needed some looking after so we went to Wendy's B&B in Prince George. We had lovely comfy beds and a super shower with white fluffy towels, bath robes and slippers. To top this Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 14, 2015
- Three Women in a Boat on Bowron Lakes (guest blog!)The Bowron Lake canoe circuit is world famous amongst paddlers, described as the must-do trip for all canoeists and kayakers before they die. Great as it sounded, we were pretty daunted by over a week in the wilderness with Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 14, 2015
- 13th September
After a lazy morning, Bob and I board the ferry from Duke's Point heading for the mainland. Half way across we are treated to a humpback whale sighting which is announced by the captain. Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Sep 14, 2015
- Driving with Mr DaisySo, an early start and we hit the road to drive from Banff to Jasper, a distance of 292 kms. Not too far, except most of the way is either 60 kph or 90 kph! BUT all good, the Posted by Jochester71 in Chesters USA and Canada Trip 2015 | Sep 14, 2015
- More Banff....catching up to my current experience!Hi all,
Well, I have been very preoccupied with the travelling and taking photos and sucking it all in that I haven't had time to even upload pics to my computer off the memory cards, let alone update the blog.
So, the Posted by Jochester71 in Chesters USA and Canada Trip 2015 | Sep 14, 2015
- Expectations and Goals
I am Noëlle from the Netherlands. In this blog post I want to tell you about my expectations and goals concerning this NSISP experience in Canada.
First of Posted by noelleas in Noelle in Canada | Sep 14, 2015
- 11-12 September
Another beautiful day and its time to take to the water for some kayaking with Black Bear Kayak. We start our adventure in the waters of Clayoquot Sound and head out across the bay tow Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Sep 13, 2015
- Victoria once again.....and Goodbye Canada!After the build up to the wedding, the wedding itself and the present opening on the Sunday it was time to say our goodbyes and start our journey south.
Our friend Susan arranged coffee and muffins at her home with Posted by CC Road Trip in CC Road Trip | Sep 13, 2015
- 10 th September
Today is the day we learn how to surf!
But first, whilst we contain our excitement, we are off to visit a lighthouse.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/761731/90_20150910_1 Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Sep 13, 2015
- 9th September
Old Coombs Country Market promises 'Goats on the Roof'
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/761731/90_20150909_105029.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/761731/thumb_90_2015 Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Sep 12, 2015
- 8th Sepember
Today Bob and I are off to see an English man. .... or to be more accurate. .....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/761731/90_20150908_141454.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellers Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Sep 12, 2015
- Leaving Victoria, Arriving in Vancouver!! It was a bit sad to leave our accommodation and Linda and Jeff, as they’d been so kind to us. We knew we would miss Victoria, and realised that sadly we probably knew it better than the actual city Posted by The Robbos in OMG We're In BC! | Sep 12, 2015
- Suspension Bridge, Island and WalksFirst up this morning, we walked a few blocks where we hopped on a free shuttle bus that took up to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, one of Vancouver’s main tourist attraction. In addition to the suspension bridge we went on Posted by The Robbos in OMG We're In BC! | Sep 12, 2015
- Kayaking, Hop-On Hop-Off and MORE MARKETSWe wanted to make the most of our last day in Victoria as there was so many options left. First up was kayaking down the gorge. We could have gone on a taxi boat but thought kayaking would definitely be Posted by The Robbos in OMG We're In BC! | Sep 11, 2015