- Nov 2 - 3rd airport stop of 5We landed in Vancouver at 1:30 AM Ottawa time, 10:30 PM BC time. Ok, so Martyn has always maintained that, for all airports and restaurants, I am a magnet for crying children. So not to disappoint -- we had Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 1, 2016
- Nov 1 - 2nd airport stop of 5Another Tim's, another donut for Martyn! 4.5h stopover in Toronto before we head off to Vancouver. So far, so good! Haha ... we've only just begun. Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 1, 2016
- Nov 1 - 1st airport stop of 5Our travels have finally started! Martyn has his Tim's and donut in hand as we await our first flight. The airport is surprisingly empty-ish. We had no lineup checking our bags and going through security. No babies Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 1, 2016
- Train to AlbanyThis morning Iain and I caught the train from Niagara Falls to Albany. It is a 9 hour train ride. We had to all clear customs in the United States and it took a long time. There are two different Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Oct 28, 2016
- Niagara FallsThis morning we walked down to the falls and walked all along until we got to the Hornblower boat tour. We decided to do it in the morning, even though it was crowded. Everyone puts on this red poncho and Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Oct 27, 2016
- Niagara Falls, OntarioThis morning I left Penn Station in NYC for Niagara Falls. It was a 9 hour train ride and it was beautiful, until some leaves got under the train and the two front cars started smoking up. Yes of course Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Oct 27, 2016
- Welcome to our Blog!!We hope you will enjoy following us as we travel down under for the month of November!
For this trip, we decided not to drive on the 'wrong' side of the road so we will be flying to our destinations. Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Oct 27, 2016
- Preparations and goodbyesWe have exactly 10 days until we set off and the reality of what we're doing is starting to set in. Tensions are high and we are working towards a fast approaching deadline. My heart is heavy with Posted by JEK in Travelling with a teen.. | Oct 23, 2016
- Toronto: Day Three14 October 2016
Another bright and sunny day so we decided to go for a walk. Judith drove to the Mount Nemo Conservation Area. We paid the fee ($6.75 each), parked and started walking the trail to the lookout, then following Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 16, 2016
- Toronto: Day Two13 October 2016
Rain was forecast for today but it didn't eventuate, however the temperature had cooled, only reaching a top of 14C. Judith explained the subway system to me and dropped me at the station. The system was easy and Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 14, 2016
- Toronto: Day One12 October 2016
After a lazy start to the day I went out for a walk for a couple of hours. The sunny 25C day was too good to waste. Judith walked part way with me (to make sure I wouldn't Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 14, 2016
- The Canadian train journey: Part Two9 October 2016
Again I found it difficult to sleep. We must have stopped at Edmonton very early in the morning (around 1.30am) but I don’t remember it. However, I was awake around 4.15am - we were stopped somewhere with Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 13, 2016
- The Canadian train journey: Part One7 October 2016
I took my time and checked out of the hotel room and stored my luggage at 10.45am. Now I had to fill the rest of the day until the train leaves.
I walked for nearly four hours … until Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 12, 2016
- Back to Vancouver5 October 2016
We departed at 7.45am, which meant bags had to be ready for collection at 6.45am. The morning departure times haven't been too bad on this tour but having my bag ready an hour before means I have Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 7, 2016
- Banff to Jasper28 September 2016
Another big travel day. 288 kms with lots of stops along the way.
An early start to the day with bags ready for collection by 6.45am and a 7.45 departure time. Far too early for me!
We made a stop Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 6, 2016
- Picture perfect Canadian RockiesIt was a great night staying inside Uwe, Carola and Aiyana’s house in Canmore. And luckily enough, Carola had a day off that Monday such that she and Aiyana could join us the day to do some hiking. They suggested Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 6, 2016
- Rain and snow – hey, that was not the plan!That last night at Jasper NP we did get awfully cold. Lucky us that our van has a heating system, but as we somehow don’t want it running all night, it did eventually get just too chilly for my taste. Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 5, 2016
- Whistler to Victoria3 October 2016
For the second morning in a row I had breakfast at the hotel. So nice to have a proper breakfast. We departed at 8.30am and it wasn't long before we had a photo stop at the lookout for Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 4, 2016
- Whistler2 October 2016
I didn't have to get up early ... so I didn't! We have a bonus at this hotel, they let us have breakfast. The great weather continued today - the sun was shining and the sky was blue Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 3, 2016
- Sun Peaks to Whistler1 October 2016
We left Sun Peaks at 8.00am. The bad news was that the road we should be travelling on had been washed away and we would have a detour that would add a least an extra hour to our Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 2, 2016
- Jasper to Sun Peaks30 September 2016
At 9.00am we departed Jasper in steady rain - there was fresh snow on the nearby mountains. At the beginning of the tour Serena told us that she was in charge of arrangements for the tour, John was Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 1, 2016
- On The Road AgainWhile every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, ours usually starts with a long haul flight. But, although we are headed to the furthest fringes of eastern Europe, we began with a relatively short hop to Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 1, 2016
- Home of the Nighthawks!Hey everyone,
it's me, Merle and some days ago I realized, that I'm already here for one month!
Unbelievable how the time flies!!
Now, that I have been in school for some weeks,
I thought I will tell you a bit about my school.
[b]Home Posted by NSISPFC in NSISPFC | Oct 1, 2016
- Jasper29 September 2016
I had a nice slow start to the day. I hadn't signed up for the morning lake cruise so had the morning free to explore Jasper. I took the time to rearrange my bag, do some washing and Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Sep 30, 2016
- Information On Realtor in Nova Scotia It is likely that outstanding that you will be currently planning to choose a realtor to help you along with your purchasing desires when buying a new home. With several realtors out there, acquiring one it is possible to trust Posted by mywebgarden in mywebgarden | Sep 30, 2016