- 'Craftivism' So what I failed to mention yesterday is Ger and I had our first run-in with 'Craftivism'. While hiking we stumbled across an old nintendo control only identified by [[http://rockvandals.com|Rock Vandals]]. Further research (thank you Google) we discove Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Jul 16, 2015
Flying via Denver to Winnipeg, woke up in time to catch some of the sunrise above Utah
[img=http://photos.t Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Jul 16, 2015
- Canada....Eh==Week 15==
Miles traveled: 8846
National/State Parks Visited: 20
Although we wanted to get on the road right after my interview preparation workshop, we didn’t and ended up staying in the Seattle area until after July 4th. I received an em Posted by RnCtravel in Adventures of Rachael and Chris | Jul 15, 2015
- Toulinquet [center][/center]
I am not sure how to start this entry (oh wait, yes I do, the last blog title meant "dancing" in Beothuk (an ancient local tribe here)) we have experienc Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Jul 15, 2015
- Days 4 and 5 - Toad River and SurroundingsToad River and the Muncho Lake provincial park are quite spectacular. The first evening we were at our camp site, we saw a moose on the other side of the river, having a snack. Thanks to Laurent's humongous camera lens, Posted by taliyna in BC, Yukon and Alaska Trip | Jul 14, 2015
- VancouverWell, we have had three nights in Vancouver which we have really enjoyed.
It is a great, friendly city with trees and flowers everywhere throughout downtown.
Spent the time exploring the city and a day in Stanley park (think Central Park Posted by young_murphy in Jason & Deirdre | Jul 14, 2015
- Farley Lake Attempt "It's not a backcountry adventure if everything goes right!"
The weekend began much like any other weekend trip to the mountains- with last minute planning. I only decided during the week to head out backpacking so this trip was rather last Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jul 13, 2015
- thug-wed-gieWell the last couple days have flown by with alarming speed. We ended Day 2 with another amazing meal with local ingredients at Mallard's Cottage in Quidi Vidi (so fresh they hand write the menu daily!). We Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Jul 13, 2015
- Day 3 - Fort St. John to Toad River - 569kmWe arrived in Toad River, where we will stay for 3 days. We has to help out a fellow today, who ran out of diesel on the Alaska highway. Drove him into the next town so he could get some Posted by taliyna in BC, Yukon and Alaska Trip | Jul 12, 2015
- Port Hardy
Un être humain motorisé ne peut pas être plus au Nord de l'île de Vancouver... Port Hardy... Le bout de la route 19... Et un des bouts du monde... Une rue, un mall, un sport's pub, un café (ouf!!)... Posted by bloomglance in British Columbia | Jul 12, 2015
- Adventures and Mis-Adventures in VancouverWe were in Vancouver on our way to Alaska, with our older grandkids, about 4 years ago. We’d stopped in Stanley Park and stumbled upon the area with the Totem Poles. We thought that it would be a good place Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 12, 2015
- Indian Head 2The second day I went to the local museum. They have moved a number of bldgs. from the area to Indian Head to consolidate and preserve their history. The schoolhouse was the most interesting to me. Here Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Jul 12, 2015
- Day 2 - Hinton to Fort St. John - 531kmJust arrived in Fort St. John! Again, the drive was perfect, with sunny weather all along. We stopped in Dawson Creek, where the Alaska Highway begins. Pictures below!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/142524/large_IMG_0174.jpg caption=On the road Posted by taliyna in BC, Yukon and Alaska Trip | Jul 11, 2015
- "Me Old Cock" Talk of the Rock Day 2If I started lazily yesterday, today set a new record. After ending yesterday with maybe one of the best tasting menus I have ever experienced (and tasting every critter possible including lobster, rabbit and duck) we fell into a Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Jul 11, 2015
- Visiting Ontario, June 26-July 7, 2015I wanted to visit my son Doug, daughter-in-law Linda and their family.......and to see their new cottage in Muskoka. One of the first things we did was go to a ball game...that is Doug, grandson Chris and Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Jul 11, 2015
- Campbell River
A Campbell river, la côte de Vancouver Island fait face à tout l'archipel.... La rivière est le berceau des saumons, qui en attendant le mois de septembre pour se reproduire dans les rivières, se retrouvent dans les eaux tumultueuses... Et Posted by bloomglance in British Columbia | Jul 11, 2015
- Indian Head 1, SaskatchewanThursday, July 9th, we drove to Indian Head, which is a small town near Regina. We set the clocks back again as we entered Saskatchewan. We saw more of the stunning yellow canola covering the rolling hills and Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Jul 11, 2015
- Day 1 - Calgary to Hinton - 488kmHi guys!
The trip has started! Today we drove from Calgary to Hinton. The drive was great, sunny weather all along! A bit of haze though, due to the forest fires. Here are some pictures. We stopped at the Columbia Posted by taliyna in BC, Yukon and Alaska Trip | Jul 10, 2015
- Day 9 to day 11Well we are in Vancouver and as I mentioned in the last entry the city is in a haze unfortunately we cannot see the beautiful mountains in the back drop of the Vancouver skyline.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/753623/90_D1D3C918A2BEC9D12738DF1B09 Posted by palmisano in Summer Trip 2015 | Jul 10, 2015
- Rock Talk Day OneTip of the trip: While suffering Booze Blues from a solid 7 day effort at Stampede, do not, I repeat, do not watch even a slightly sappy movie on the airplane.
Flights were awesome, there is something to Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Jul 10, 2015
- CanadaWell we've come to the end of our time in North America. We drove back yesterday (Thursday) from Torfino which is about half way down Vancouver Island on the west coast. We went up there on Monday.
It was a Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 10, 2015
- Portage la Prairie Manitoba CanadaMonday, July 6th, we drove into Canada and we didn't have much trouble at the border. He wanted to see where we were going so I showed him the itinerary and he was satisfied. They he asked about alcohol Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Jul 9, 2015
- Pacific RimSurprise au réveil... Brume sur la côte pacifique... Peu importe, car aujourd'hui, cap sur Campbell River côte est de l'ile.... Avant de quitter la côte pacifique, détour par les plages presque infinies de la réserve protégée du Pacific Rim... Whikaninnis Posted by bloomglance in British Columbia | Jul 8, 2015
- Drying out in NewFoundland?Well, it has been awhile since our last adventure (well one that I will journal, I have had a decent start to the travel this year with a spring trip to Scottsdale and a week with my besties in Hawaii). Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Jul 8, 2015
- Arrived in New Brunswick at Kouchibouguac National Park After two nights in Wallmart parking lots arrived at kouchibouguac national park. Staying three nights before we head to Nova Scotia. Weather hot no rain yet perhaps today chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. Posted by RickandDeb in Rick & Deb's North American RV adventure | Jul 8, 2015