- Totally tubular!Today was Ronan's birthday, which was an excellent excuse for all of us to live on almost nothing but sugar for 24 hours. I say 'almost' because the sugar was interspersed with some pinot, although technically that may count Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 16, 2015
- PlanningTrip planning with the brothers. 1 week out - getting amped to see some sunny weather and roam around LA Posted by npdstlaus2015 in 2015 Aussie trip | Jan 16, 2015
- Slaying the Dragon...This morning we awoke to clear blue skies and yet another day of fabulous snow. Everyone except Sean and I went off to lessons, and Sean and I headed on over to Gem Lake for a run down the Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 14, 2015
- Anticipation and Preparations.Last fall I was asked by my friend and former coworker Ronda, to join her on an adventure to the Philippines, volunteering with the group Go-Med, http://www.go-med.ca/ , an organization with which she had travelled last year. I would be Posted by bobana in My Philippine Adventure | Jan 14, 2015
- Ears pinned back...This morning Maddy, Leeloo & Ronan went off to ski school and Pete, Sean, Cameron & I met David Dann up at Beano's coffee shop. After a catch up over coffee, we headed out for a some runs. Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 12, 2015
- Blue is the new black!A bit bleary after the previous night's efforts, we crawled out to see a very sunny day and the piste was calling - a light dusting of snow over the groomed runs made for a very pleasant morning. Pete Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 12, 2015
- Go Rrrrrrrrrrrrrockets!Most of us woke with anticipation and excitement today. Some of us were a little bit...ahem...slower off the mark due to our intensive education on Okanagan oenology the prior evening. Today was particularly exciting because two hotly anticipated Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 11, 2015
- Food festivalHappy anniversary to us!
Today was pretty foggy, and with the warmer temperatures the snow is getting very packed down on the runs and thick and heavy between the trees. With that in mind, Sean decided to take Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 11, 2015
- Less than a month to go....With 4 weeks left to go, I find I'm surfing the net and reading the Lonely Planet guides searching for interesting places and things to see and do. I'm busy making connections and coordinating visits with Facebook friends that Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Jan 10, 2015
- Big Air!Bit of a slow start this morning - everyone slowly got out of bed, but once we discovered that it was another cracking sunny day, it was time to get out there! Ronan headed off to ski school, Connor Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 10, 2015
- Canada - Whistler and Vancouver
After a quick 2 hour flight Las Vegas Posted by lana.drew in West Coast of California, USA and Canada | Jan 9, 2015
- Blinded by the light...This morning I was rudely awoken to an alarm sounding like a nuclear warning siren. Turned out to be Connor's iPhone reminder to feed the chickens at 7:30am. I stumbled down the stairs and located said iPhone on Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 8, 2015
- The Day After...The snowing stopped overnight and we awoke to a clear and relatively warm day - +2 degrees in the village and -2 at the top. Which meant the piste would only last for so long before it became cruddy Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 6, 2015
- Happiness is....Before we went to bed last night it stopped snowing. I went to bed mentally cursing those useless weather forecasters. I take it all back now. All of it. With a big slice of humble pie. Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 5, 2015
- Going Off The GridToday's the big day!
I feel silly admitting that I'm nervous for what the next three months are to bring for us. It seems as though we've had to prepare for much more than the average travelling couple. To help Posted by WarrJenn in S.E. Asia and Australia | Jan 5, 2015
- Pow!So we woke up this morning and still not a whole lotta powder, so Pete, Marian, Cameron, Connor, Bianca and I decided to do a lesson this morning, while Ronan, Leeloo and Maddy headed to ski school for the day. Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 4, 2015
- Zero pow but some crunchy steezSo the pow did not eventuate - apparently now coming Sunday night. I should know better than to trust the weather forecast!
Having said that, after a hearty breakfast, we all had a great day on the slopes. All Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 3, 2015
- The Dirty Laundry Gets Aired...Oh yes. The Dirty Laundry is out. But more on that shortly...
Today was our first full day of skiing, being finally and fully geared up now. After the usual disputes over misplaced gloves, liners, balaclavas, helmets, goggles, Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 2, 2015
- Entry 17 - Christmas and New YearThursday 18 December Will had the day off seeing he had worked on Tuesday. We had a pretty chilled out day and cleaned the unit and had a delicious cooked breakfast together before our landlord came over to do a Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Jan 2, 2015
- DepartureWell the time has finally come to head out on my next journey and hopefully one amazing adventure. Before I leave I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of my friends and family who have Posted by andyguebert in A Trip to Rural Kenya | Jan 2, 2015
- Board meetingAfter yesterday's extended NYE, we decided to do what everyone else does on New Years Day and sleep in. Slowly we all emerged around 9am and it seemed pretty clear that it was going to be a day of Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 1, 2015
- The Longest Happy New YearIt's been a marathon (literally) New Years Eve. Here are some key metrics to give perspective:
- Total hours in the day: 43 hours
- Total hours in planes and airports and cars: 24.5 (Cooneys), 27.5 (Greens)
- Number of plane-vomits: 1 Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 1, 2015
- Retirement approachesWith the end of 2014 just hours away, I realized that 2015 will see many changes for me. Another year has come and gone with Gerald and moving forward is my only options. I retire at the end Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Dec 31, 2014
- Days 243-247: Vancouver, BC, CanadaI stayed with a few people from different parts of west Canada. They were engineers and translators. They were all pretty cool, and we checked out some hip(ster) food and drink stops. Got to play some console video Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Days 204-207: Quebec City, Quebec, CanadaGot a ride share here. Staying with a Tunisian German couple that lives here and are super cool. They work online and live really simply and love traveling. And they're hella funny. I helped with her Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014