- Gratitude in MississaugaAs the fall becomes winter it offers time to contemplate the journey from Gabriola to Budapest to the UK and to Toronto where our grandchildren live.
We have seen ancient castles, gothic cathedrals, baroque towns and cobble streets. We have Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Nov 7, 2014
- Train Across Canada: Montréal to HalifaxHalifax is the end of the line when it comes to train travel in Canada. That's pretty much the only reason I ended up there, plus the fact they have a University which suited my needs (St John's, Newfoundland has Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 6, 2014
- An Afternoon Walk around Old MontréalBecause of my poor research, I only had my last day to spend looking around Old Montréal. The city was first established as a French colony in the mid 17th century, called Ville-Marie. The existing inhabitants were none too happy Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 2, 2014
- Train Across Canada: Winnipeg to MontréalVisiting the Manitoba Museum, I learnt about the Hudson Bay Railway, and it created a great desire in me to take a ride up to Churchill. Construction started in the 1880's but the line was not actually finished until 1929 Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Oct 26, 2014
- Getting the paperwork in placeLife is getting really busy with work and tucking the yard away for the winter.
It's a blustery day and difficult to get much done outside.
Time to start making a list and getting as much done ahead of time as possible Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Oct 26, 2014
- Back to Canada After New York, Kasey and I flew back to Toronto and came back to Guelph. We enjoyed a few days of quite time, while I did some exams. On Wednesday we headed to Niagara Falls, which was just as amazing Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Oct 25, 2014
- Making a housedressI've learned why the Arabs wear those flowing robes in the desert. It is very cooling.
So when facing the heat of a southern climate, my choice is a long loose dress.
My favourite style is a past the knee skirt Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Oct 23, 2014
- I'm Officially Going Nuts..[center]Changing of seasons is a great time to take a step back and do some self reflection. As the landscape around you changes, look at how you have changed and GROWN over the past weeks, months, years. One of the Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Oct 24, 2014
- Entry 12 - Richardsons visit and fall in VancouverSaturday morning I finished off last minute preparations for my visitors and then headed out on the train to pick them up from the airport – I didn’t drive as unfortunately our little Suzuki SX4 wouldn’t fit 5 people and Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Oct 23, 2014
- Catching up on the summer travelsWow, it is October.
Where did the last 4 months go? From a travel perspective the summer took me to Denver (CFA Conference), Red Deer (horse show), Montreal & Sorel, Quebec (horse show), Montreal and Montana (wedding and Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Oct 23, 2014
- Walking Winnipeg Part IIMy [[http://nzbarry.travellerspoint.com/179/|previous entry]] had me at the Provincial Legislature, which was very open to the public. This idea of being accessible was also reflected in something else I encountered on my walk: in the shadows of the Legis Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Oct 22, 2014
- chapter 2: FLIGHT IS BOOKEDfeb 1, 2015 - mark it Posted by rsandiford in trying to join the von Trapp Family | Oct 21, 2014
- chapter 1: planning, planning and more planningthe numbers will never be this low again.. as the planning begins so does that count down
t-102 days to go!
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by rsandiford in trying to join the von Trapp Family | Oct 21, 2014
- Vancouver, Canada with the kidsI have been planning to visit my cousin in Vancouver, Canada for the past two years. I keep on delaying it because of pregnancy and bad weather and expensive flight tickets. Finally, I found a travelzoo airfare Posted by jptablante in See the World before you Leave | May 7, 2014
- UnbelievableTo this day, I still find it unbelievable that I will be flying in 12 days and 12 hours to Botswana. A country, a continent that I have yet to set my foot on. I could hardly contain my excitement. Posted by jg_adventures in My Botswana Journal | Oct 19, 2014
- Thanksgiving Break[center]
===Had a nice little week off from living with my nose in case studies and readings.
Jk still nerded out pretty hard so I could be a week ahead when I get back to Vi Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Oct 18, 2014
- Entry 11 - Halifax, Toronto, Niagara Falls and New York Monday morning I woke up and went to the gym pretty early – I wasn’t there long but something is better than nothing I figured. It was the Labour Day public holiday that day so there weren’t many people around Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Oct 17, 2014
- SkunkedSomehow sitting on my raincoat below my open car boot to shelter from the rain at the Upper Cheak take out two Friday nights ago didn’t seem weird at all. Nor was stewing a week old apple and eating rice Posted by rosebeagley in Live, love, kayak! | Oct 16, 2014
- Practicing Retirement This morning, a thin sheen of frost covered the windshield of the vehicle that I carelessly left outside last night. It's time to remember to put it to bed in the garage each evening.
The garden flowers have mostly died Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Oct 16, 2014
- Winnipeg: A Walking TourMy only reason for stopping at Winnipeg was that it is roughly half way between Vancouver and Toronto. I had basically done nothing to find out what it might offer, although of course I know it is the capital of Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Oct 16, 2014
- Gabriola to VancouverThis evening looks like this:
Last night was like this:
In betwee Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 13, 2014
- Train Across Canada - Seattle to WinnipegAfter dropping the car off and meandering around Seattle, where I had some great Thai food in, of all places, a mall and stayed a final night, I caught the Amtrak Cascades up to Vancouver. The weather was dull Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Oct 12, 2014
- 28 Last Day In TorontoLAST DAY IN TORONTO
Decided we would make our last day our Hop On Hop Off bus tour day. Sorted out wnere to catch it from....in Chinatown not far from our Hotel. This was a really traditional Chinatown, with dried Posted by RuthWinmill in Ruth & Ralph's RTW Trip | Oct 13, 2014
- 28 Still in TorontoMonday 8th Sept.
Spent next day just walking around our local area, taking in the sights, homes and general environment. Bought a cabin suitcase on 4 wheels to help travel smarter not harder, as Ralph was carrying his laptop in just Posted by RuthWinmill in Ruth & Ralph's RTW Trip | Oct 13, 2014
- 27 Moving On-5,6,7th SeptHad booked another Hotel close to San Fran International Airport as flight for morning was at 6am to Chicago.
Quite inexpensive ride to Airport in the city via shared van and then found the Hotel had a courtesy shuttle from Posted by RuthWinmill in Ruth & Ralph's RTW Trip | Oct 13, 2014