- ROOOOAD TRIP!! KelownaGot up and continued my journey west towards Kelowna. [img=http://photos.trave Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Aug 18, 2015
- ROOOOAD TRIP!! CanmoreWith a very hung over Kenna lol we did a smaller than planned, hike along Watridge lake trail to the Karst trail and falls
[img=http:/ Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Aug 18, 2015
- ROOOOAD TRIP!! BanffThe next day I got up and drove west to Banff and Lake Louise, why I chose to go to Lake Louise in a Saturday, I will never know!
the lake is beautiful, but very busy so I did a small Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Aug 18, 2015
- ROOOOAD TRIP!! CalgaryArrived at Calgary airport and picked up my car :) after a few minutes making sure I was driving the right way I was very comfortable and whizzing around the highway! [img=http://pho Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Aug 18, 2015
- 16th August
As we trundle towards Quebec city, we stop off at Montmorency Falls, which is 90m higher than Niagara Falls, and despite the power of the water, it still freezes in winter due to the hars Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 18, 2015
- Crowsnest Pass 2Crowsnest Day 1
The Crowsnest River flows by our site and I went out in the evening to see what was there. I caught 5 rainbows in the hour I was out exploring. They were in the 5-8" range Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Aug 17, 2015
- Day 36 to 39 - Parksville to Salmon ArmOn day 36, Dan, Heather, Laurent and I drove out to Tofino, on the west coast of Vancouver Island. We stopped in Cathedral Grove to look at the huge trees growing there. Tofino is a very nice town, very relaxed Posted by taliyna in BC, Yukon and Alaska Trip | Aug 17, 2015
- 2nd week on Vancouver IslandAfter the wedding shower surprise was over, there were to be no more surprises in the run up to the wedding!!
Sunday morning we went for our walk around Westwood lake as normal and for lunch we went for another shorter Posted by CC Road Trip in CC Road Trip | Aug 15, 2015
- 14- 15th August
Bonjour! Here we are in French speaking Canada and our checklist for today reads as follows;
1. Find bagels for breakfast
2. Find poutine for lunch
3. Walk about bit
Armed with Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 16, 2015
- Torontogot on the greyhound at midnight for the long ass journey overnight to Toronto....i had 2 seats to myself until the first stop where Marc a Haitian Canadian decided to sit next to me and decided that although it was Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Aug 16, 2015
- Preparing for our tripSaturday evening, Aug 15. Last night marked 4 weeks to our departure. We are getting very excited.
Today I sent out some Inquiries about attending synagogue in Melburne. We spent some time investigating tours to the Great Posted by Vita and Mel in Australia | Aug 15, 2015
- 13th August
....and hey we have another sticky thing to navigate by.....awesome!☺
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/761731/90_20150813_091356.jpg thumb=http://photos.travel Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 15, 2015
- Day 33 to 35 - Prince Rupert to Port Hardy to ParksvilleAfter a couple days in Prince Rupert, we took the ferry on day 33, that sailed to Port Hardy on Vancouver island. The ferry ride was awesome, we saw lots of whales and other wildlife! Once we arrived in Port Posted by taliyna in BC, Yukon and Alaska Trip | Aug 13, 2015
- First week on Vancouver IslandWhat a first week we have had on Vancouver Island!
It was lovely to see Elyse and Brent again - we'll thank them now and later for letting us stay with them for 5 weeks in the run up to their Posted by CC Road Trip in CC Road Trip | Aug 12, 2015
- Crowsnest Pass, AlbertaFriday we traveled from Red Deer to Crowsnest Pass where we will be for 10 days. This is a beautiful campground right on the Crowsnest River, a famous trout stream. Going up to the CG, it looked like Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Aug 10, 2015
- Jasper- Elk & Patricia Lake HIkeMonday we moved to a full hook up site, still in the Jasper NP. It is another beautiful day with temps around 80F. We now appreciate even more the power and water hookups. After lunch, we went Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Aug 10, 2015
- Day 28 to 32 - Juneau to Prince RupertOn day 28, we left Juneau and took the ferry to Prince Rupert. This ferry ride was about 31 hours long, so we took a cabin inside the ferry, to be able to sleep. The cabins are actually pretty nice, Posted by taliyna in BC, Yukon and Alaska Trip | Aug 10, 2015
- Jasper-Maligne Canyon HikeTuesday was another perfect day, but Judy’s knee was recovering from the rough trail yesterday so Rob went down Malign Canyon alone. It was pretty steep trail and very rough.
The Malig Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Aug 5, 2015
- Jasper-Lake AnnetteSunday was a “take it easy day” as Canada is celebrating ‘Heritage Day” this weekend and many folks are out on the roads and trails. It is a 3-day weekend. Judy found a quiet hike near town around Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Aug 5, 2015
- Day 19 to 24 - Glacier View to Tetlin to Destruction BayOn day 19, Laurent, Penny and I drove to Anchorage, which is about a 2 hour drive from the Sheep Mountain Lodge. We went for a hike in the Campbell Tract just east of Anchorage. We then met up with Posted by taliyna in BC, Yukon and Alaska Trip | Aug 2, 2015
- Jasper-Icefields ParkwayFriday we moved to another site. When we got up and were having breakfast, some forest creatures paid a visit. There were three elk, one was a fawn. They grazed around our site for half an hour Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Aug 2, 2015
- 1. "you have made a horrible mistake"As we sit waiting for our flight in the Vancouver airport, we found ourselves in conversation with a 12 year old boy, who was also on his way to Hong Kong. He wowed us with information about airline statistics, makes Posted by mm_lukes in and so the adventure begins ... | Aug 1, 2015
- Rating the Family Travelling ExperienceWe are back at home and life goes on. It has been wonderful to reconnect with friends and family. We get to experience the things we missed (perogies, more than one change of clothes, toys) and the things we didn't Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Aug 1, 2015
- Arrival in Canada and a week in Andrew, AlbertaHello everyone,
The location of our last night in the USA in Great Falls, Montana was chosen because of a Stick people museum exhibit in the Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art. It was just a short 7 blocks from our Posted by CC Road Trip in CC Road Trip | Jul 31, 2015
- Jasper-Maligne LakeWednesday we traveled over to Jasper, Alberta. We are camped inside the national park. It is beautiful with lodge pole pines all around us. We have found the most perfect weather ever. It is 72F in Posted by 4adventure in Canada 2015 | Jul 31, 2015