- Toronto: Day Two13 October 2016
Rain was forecast for today but it didn't eventuate, however the temperature had cooled, only reaching a top of 14C. Judith explained the subway system to me and dropped me at the station. The system was easy and Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 14, 2016
- Toronto: Day One12 October 2016
After a lazy start to the day I went out for a walk for a couple of hours. The sunny 25C day was too good to waste. Judith walked part way with me (to make sure I wouldn't Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 14, 2016
- The Canadian train journey: Part Two9 October 2016
Again I found it difficult to sleep. We must have stopped at Edmonton very early in the morning (around 1.30am) but I don’t remember it. However, I was awake around 4.15am - we were stopped somewhere with Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 13, 2016
- The Canadian train journey: Part One7 October 2016
I took my time and checked out of the hotel room and stored my luggage at 10.45am. Now I had to fill the rest of the day until the train leaves.
I walked for nearly four hours … until Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 12, 2016
- Back to Vancouver5 October 2016
We departed at 7.45am, which meant bags had to be ready for collection at 6.45am. The morning departure times haven't been too bad on this tour but having my bag ready an hour before means I have Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 7, 2016
- Banff to Jasper28 September 2016
Another big travel day. 288 kms with lots of stops along the way.
An early start to the day with bags ready for collection by 6.45am and a 7.45 departure time. Far too early for me!
We made a stop Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 6, 2016
- Picture perfect Canadian RockiesIt was a great night staying inside Uwe, Carola and Aiyana’s house in Canmore. And luckily enough, Carola had a day off that Monday such that she and Aiyana could join us the day to do some hiking. They suggested Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 6, 2016
- Rain and snow – hey, that was not the plan!That last night at Jasper NP we did get awfully cold. Lucky us that our van has a heating system, but as we somehow don’t want it running all night, it did eventually get just too chilly for my taste. Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 5, 2016
- Whistler to Victoria3 October 2016
For the second morning in a row I had breakfast at the hotel. So nice to have a proper breakfast. We departed at 8.30am and it wasn't long before we had a photo stop at the lookout for Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 4, 2016
- Whistler2 October 2016
I didn't have to get up early ... so I didn't! We have a bonus at this hotel, they let us have breakfast. The great weather continued today - the sun was shining and the sky was blue Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 3, 2016
- Sun Peaks to Whistler1 October 2016
We left Sun Peaks at 8.00am. The bad news was that the road we should be travelling on had been washed away and we would have a detour that would add a least an extra hour to our Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 2, 2016
- Jasper to Sun Peaks30 September 2016
At 9.00am we departed Jasper in steady rain - there was fresh snow on the nearby mountains. At the beginning of the tour Serena told us that she was in charge of arrangements for the tour, John was Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 1, 2016
- On The Road AgainWhile every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, ours usually starts with a long haul flight. But, although we are headed to the furthest fringes of eastern Europe, we began with a relatively short hop to Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 1, 2016
- Home of the Nighthawks!Hey everyone,
it's me, Merle and some days ago I realized, that I'm already here for one month!
Unbelievable how the time flies!!
Now, that I have been in school for some weeks,
I thought I will tell you a bit about my school.
[b]Home Posted by NSISPFC in NSISPFC | Oct 1, 2016
- Jasper29 September 2016
I had a nice slow start to the day. I hadn't signed up for the morning lake cruise so had the morning free to explore Jasper. I took the time to rearrange my bag, do some washing and Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Sep 30, 2016
- Information On Realtor in Nova Scotia It is likely that outstanding that you will be currently planning to choose a realtor to help you along with your purchasing desires when buying a new home. With several realtors out there, acquiring one it is possible to trust Posted by mywebgarden in mywebgarden | Sep 30, 2016
- Getting into the Canadian RockiesWaking up in Grey Wells Provincial Park in a drizzling rain did not quite feel like this is how Canada should be like. Still, the rain needs to happen at some stage to keep all of the waterfalls in the Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Sep 29, 2016
- Banff27 September 2016
I didn't set the alarm last night and woke up at 8.00am ... I really needed a little sleep in. A free day to explore Banff or do some extra excursions. I'd signed up for the gondola ride Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Sep 27, 2016
- Kelowna to Banff26 September 2016
A big travel day - 484kms with plenty of stops along the way.
Up early again because bags had to be ready for pick up at 7.00am and we departed at 8.00am. There was fog covering the tops of Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Sep 27, 2016
- OttawaHello Dear Readers
Well our visit to Mt Tremblant went well. Rowan dutifully arrived driving 6.4 litres of wonderful American Dodge V8 which certainly put a smile on my dial!!! Off to Quebec and along the highways to Mont Tremblant, kids Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 27, 2016
- VancouverIt's such a lovely feeling, arriving into a major city with a bike in a bike box, to start a big adventure, knowing there is someone there to pick you up at the airport. Thanks Kevin. Much appreciated.
My bike box Posted by shellhardiman in Shell On 2 Wheels | Sep 26, 2016
- Vancouver to Kelowna25 September 2016
My bag was packed and ready for pick up at 7.00am. There are no meals included in this tour so I walked a couple of blocks to Starbucks for a green tea and scone for breakfast. The streets Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Sep 25, 2016
- Back home already? Germans everywhereWe had happily arrived in Lake Country and picked a spot at the Wood Lake Campground. Even though it was Saturday evening of the long Labor Day weekend, we had no trouble at all getting a spot. So lucky us!
And Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Sep 25, 2016
- Vancouver Day 424 September 2016
I had set my alarm for 2.40am but woke up at 2.00am. Why would I wake up so early? Because 2.40am in Vancouver is 7.40pm in Melbourne and that's when my rugby league team was playing a very Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Sep 25, 2016
- New York - OttawaHello Dear Readers
Hope all are well
Not a lot to tell you really. Have been very slack and not doing a hell of a lot!!
So - New York!! Beautiful place in many senses. Does your head in, in other respects. It Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 24, 2016