- 8. Birthday in CharlottetownToday I officially became eligible for Social Security. I guess that makes it a big birthday, but this particular birthday was especially huge. It just went on all day. I'll have to explain it chronologically. It Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 10, 2014
- 7. Anne of Green GablesToday we rode up to the north side of the island, to Cavendish. It is here where a national historic site attracts 250,000 people every year who want to see how someone who never lived, lived. PEI Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 9, 2014
- Entry 8.5 - Epilogue to entry 8I'm pretty sure you could tell from the last entry I have been not myself this fortnight - I think it started with not feeling 100% but that led to me being unmotivated, indecisive, down and downright annoying really. Even Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Aug 9, 2014
- 6. PEI First ImpressionsToday was a day on the bus. The travel time from Baddeck, Nova Scotia to Charlottetown, PEI is 5-6 hours but after lunch stops and "comfort stops" (as it were), you're on the road for a full day. Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 8, 2014
- Entry 8 - Time in Vancouver and Mount RainierSo when I left you last I was going grocery shopping - yep it's the same as shopping in Australia... However, I went to the Oakridge Centre (one of the few shopping centres like in Australia) and found a store Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Aug 8, 2014
- 5. PuffinsToday was one of those perfect travel days where all the planets align. Six of us "girls" decided that we wanted to book a boat tour to go birding. Now, I have never been remotely interested in Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 7, 2014
- 4. The Cabot TrailToday was a bus day. We rode the entire Cabot Trail which is the road around most of the perimeter of the big chunk of Cape Breton Island. Ya really gotta look at a map to know what Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 6, 2014
- Clearwater Kayak Festival and a Convoy of Kayakers After a day spent in the lab learning about sediment sieving technique, i found myself once more driving out of Vancouver. For the most part i was stoked to be leaving behind the city, but the other little part was Posted by rosebeagley in Live, love, kayak! | Aug 6, 2014
- Vancouver BC GUMHEAD
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/514448/larg Posted by warnerc5 in CANADA/USA 2014 | Aug 2, 2014
- 3. Baddeck Today was travel day. With all the stops, it took five hours to get to Baddeck from Haliifax. There were a lot of stops. We had a pit stop, a coffee break stop, a lunch stop, Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 5, 2014
- Vancouver day 2Public holiday (BC day)- all public transport free! Caught bus up to Burnaby Mountain. Passed through all extremes of suburban class including Hastings St where all the homeless are encouraged to stay. Burnaby Mt is where Simon Fraser University Posted by warnerc5 in CANADA/USA 2014 | Aug 4, 2014
- IN MY OWN BACKYARD
It is almost a cliché. Finding the beauty in your own backyard that is. I am posting today while choking down a bit of crow. I am admittedly a wanna-be mainlander who often complains Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Aug 4, 2014
- 2. Peggy's CoveThis morning we bused to Peggy's Cove. It wasn't a very long ride, maybe an hour, but it was beautiful. To begin with, we rode through other neighborhoods in the town of Halifax and I appreciated its charm Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 4, 2014
- 1. Halifax First ImpressionsI swear, it is easier to get to Moscow than it is to get to Nova Scotia. At least from Sacramento. Oh wait, you can't get anywhere from Sacramento. We were supposed to fly from Sacto Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 3, 2014
- Westward Trip- Turtle Mountain Provincial Park, ManitobaWe’re on our way back home. The first of 4 days of mostly driving. We headed out at 8:30am and drove Hwy 13 until 5:00pm. Sometimes the road was good, other times it was so bumpy we had Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | Jul 31, 2014
- westward Trip- Cadillac, AlbertaI suppose all big trips need a day when everything seems to go wrong. Today was our day. It began with us visiting Home Depot in Medicine Hat to find a repair for the water valve that broke. Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | Jul 28, 2014
- Westward Trip- Dinosaur Provincial Park, AlbertaWe started off this morning with a trip to the suspension bridge on the site of an old coal mine in Drumheller. It is a tribute to the coal mining that has gone on in the area for a Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | Jul 28, 2014
- Safely arrived in Vancouver, CanadaHello everyone!
After a long, mostly sleepless flight, I have arrived safely in Canada. I am now waiting for my flight up to Anchorage in Alaska, where I cannot wait to have a shower and a nice long sleep :)
xx Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- 140524: Montreal - Sightseeing, Day 2 (no pics yet)For breakfast, we had the croissants from Patisserie Kouign-Amann. They were good, buttery and flaky like a croissant should be.
The first thing on our list for the day: The village on Rue Ste.-Catherine.
Getting there: Posted by aristo60 in Western NY State to Quebec, May 2014 | Jul 27, 2014
- 140523: Montreal - Sightseeing, Day 1 (no pics yet)When we got up this morning, Thomas was already gone. We had some coffee and some pastries for breakfast.
Now, while doing research on Montreal, I'd found out that McGill University was where Ernest Rutherford performed his Nobel Prize-winning experim Posted by aristo60 in Western NY State to Quebec, May 2014 | Jul 27, 2014
- 140522: Montreal (no pics yet)We got up early today and left Katrina's apartment, which was just a stone's throw from the airport we were leaving from (that's the main reason why we stayed there). To get there, we caught the ferry that goes something Posted by aristo60 in Western NY State to Quebec, May 2014 | Jul 27, 2014
- 140521: Toronto - Sightseeing (no pics yet)Got up a bit late today. Katrina was already gone, but had left granola and yogurt for us. Since today was our only full day in Toronto, we decided to do a hop on/off bus tour with the [[http://citysightseeingtoronto.com|City Sightseeing]] Posted by aristo60 in Western NY State to Quebec, May 2014 | Jul 27, 2014
- Westward Trip- Drumheller, AlbertaWe were so sad to see the mountains disappear from our rear view mirror this morning but we need to be on our way.
We took Hwy 1A from Canmore northeast to Cochrane and it was such a nice Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | Jul 26, 2014
- Westward Trip- Banff National Park, Alberta 4Yesterday it rained much of the day and so we spent the time shopping in Banff.
We saw a lot of souvenir-type keychains and the like but also were treated to some stunning jewellery and bea Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | Jul 25, 2014
- Day 6, June 30, 2014, WhistlerWoke up to a beautiful, sunny morning with weather to be in the high 70s. After the fabulous breakfast buffet, I headed to the Fairmont's golf course while Margaret headed for a massage and facial at Nita Lake Lodge Posted by stevencavalli07 in Western Canada 2014 | Jul 25, 2014