- Hiking trails in SW OntarioIn our quest to find some hiking trails to explore near our home, Bud and I set out this weekend to a few near London, Ontario.
Sharon Creek Conservation area is just outside of Delaware and showed (on their Posted by blgracey in A Quest for Nature | Aug 17, 2014
- Tie me upThe tipi doesn't bring me a good night rest. I pretend to myself I'm sleeping but really I'm awake for many hours. I'm warm and comfortable enough but somehow sleep doesn't come. So when I walk to the washing room Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 4, 2014
- About the tipi and the thunderstorm"If you think you've seen beautiful things, wait untill today, you ain't seen nothing yet," Fred definitly rises our expectations to very high standards when he speaks these words. Today we're hitting the road once more, but not just any Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 6, 2014
- "People get in your car, it's a MOTHER bear!!"There's a blue sky over the cabins as we wake up and head to the Jasper tram way, a cable line to the top of Mount Whistler. That's to say: the gondola takes you nearly to the top at an Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 6, 2014
- Please do not climb the bearsSun Peaks is only an in between stop, a place to spend the night, so in the morning it's time to start the drive to Jasper National Park. Another 400 km. Excitement as we leave Sun Peaks, in the woods Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 7, 2014
- The giant chairIt's busy in the breakfast room @ the Sandman hotel in Squamish. A new load of Asian tourists has arrived and it's an adventure to get breakfast sorted. A man squeezes a bagel into the toaster and can't get it Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 8, 2014
- Peak 2 PeakThe rain is pouring when we wake up in our brand new yet soulless hotel in Squamish. It turns everybody a bit quiet. We all show up in our rain jackets and drive to the town of Whistler. Whistler was Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 9, 2014
- Goodbye Vancouver IslandI can imagine there's plenty more to explore on Vancouver Island, but we're on a schedule and we're leaving today. Heading back to the mainland and catching the ferry again. We don't have to drive all the way back to Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 10, 2014
- Perfect day: Pacific Rim walk and BBQToday we're heading for the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve. The Park is made up of three separate regions: Long Beach, the Broken Group Islands, and the West Coast Trail, characterized by rugged coasts and lush temperate rainforests. We'll explore Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 11, 2014
- The black outIt's time to leave the city behind and discover the beautiful nature of Vancouver Island. It promises to be a long drive, so by 7.30 am we hit the road. The drive is a treat for the eyes, the most Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 12, 2014
- Killer whales on the horizon!Today we've got a whole day to spend in Victoria. And it will turn out to be too short. Fred gives us a quick version of the touristic bus tour to get us orientated and then drops us off at Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 13, 2014
- The man wo appeared from the rocksAfter a fairly good sleep it's time for the real trip to begin. The 'Moose Mobile' waits for us in the morning. This will be our transport for the next 20 days. A medium sized bus, with driver Fred (or Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 14, 2014
- Something strange happens when you arrive here...
Nestled between the majestic Rocky mountains to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west lies Canada's western most province: British Columbia (BC). It is said that a strange thi Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 16, 2014
- Flying over GreenlandIt's that time of year again: travel time! My travel feet have been itching for months now and finally I'm on my way to Schiphol airport in Amsterdam to catch the flight to Vancouver, Canada. I've had a Canada travel Posted by Petravs in AwesomeCanada | Aug 15, 2014
- OuchThis happened in Judge CR Magney State Park.
Notice the post marking the driveway?
This happened somewhere between Camano Island, Washington and Stephensville, Montana.
Posted by pscotterly in On the Road in a Chevy Van | Aug 16, 2014
- 13. The EndToday is the last day in Montreal. Tomorrow we fly home. This involves waking up at about the time the bars close in Sacramento in order to catch the first flight which puts us in Chicago - perhaps Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 15, 2014
- 12. Better WeatherIt was cloudy on and off all day today, but thankfully it never rained. By the time we got back to the hotel, it was threatening, but we made it home dry. Today we hopped on and off Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 14, 2014
- 11. Montreal in the RainWe were forwarned that it would rain today, and indeed it has rained all day. Sometimes the wind kicked up and all around us umbrellas turned inside out. Neither of us brought umbrellas, choosing instead to rely on Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 13, 2014
- Poverty? Perceptions through the eyes of the "developed"Where I just was in Tanzania is heaven compared to what I just walked through last night on my way home from an event in East Hastings (The downtown east side) in Vancouver, BC. It is truly a world unto Posted by Jocelynn.R in to Africa we go.... | Aug 13, 2014
- 10. Montreal, s'il vous plaitI have to say that I cannot get over the death of Robin Williams. The news was on every TV screen in the airports and on the front page of the Moncton Gazette - it was the Moncton local Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 13, 2014
- Packing Up My Life[center]Maybe its the fact that I'm going away for a year, but this is out of control.
I'm usually the lightest packer but one 28" and one 30" later of rolled up clothes and still might not be enough :( Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Aug 12, 2014
- 9. Bay of FundyI am sitting in the Halifax airport, cooling my heels for three hours until my flight to Ottawa is ready to board. As crazy as it sounds, we couldn't get on a direct flight from here to Montreal, so Posted by Follow Carol in Nova Scotia, PEI, Montreal | Aug 12, 2014
- Last Day in Shangri-la - Pudacuo National ParkToday we have to pack up and move again. We are catching a flight this evening to Chengdu, the final destination in our China expedition. Deb was feeling well enough to come down for breakfast. Unfortunately the Posted by dandgs in Our Expedition to China 2014 | Aug 12, 2014
- Open Yard[center]
==Thanks everyone who came out to send me off for the year!==
===Lots of food, games and sun at the Lamo residence!===
[img Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Aug 11, 2014
- We've arrived!We landed in Hong Kong and the jet lag has already set in. It's 2:00pm, we take a quick tour of our stunning hotel and head out to look for some dinner. The city is bustling and extremely hot. After Posted by carolton in Newlyweds and Knapsacks | Aug 11, 2014