- OttawaYes it is cold, but not overwhelming. Our exchange partnership, left a bountiful supply of hats, scarves, gloves, winter boots and even ice skates. This has allowed up to venture outside, survive & thrive. Go to Canana ,they said, Posted by mudgee5 in canada 2015 | Jan 20, 2015
- Can you spell P.O.W.D.E.R.???There were high expectations for the degustation dinner. I had attempted not to eat very much yesterday, although I might have succumbed to a cinnamon scroll at morning tea (really they are very good!) and certainly had not had Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 19, 2015
- "Hero Powder"...13cm overnight and still snowing, and...err..."fully recovered"...meant everyone wanted to get out to first lifts. Which we almost made... Still we were all out early and there was plenty of untouched snow. And a whole lotta Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 19, 2015
- Entry 18 - Vancouver and Sun Peaks tripSaturday 3 January I decided it was time to go and explore the sales that were on at the moment. So I wandered into town and headed to Robson St. Funnily enough I wasn't really looking for stuff for myself Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Jan 18, 2015
- Panadol, Neurofen and VegemiteThe first thing I felt this morning was the pounding in my head, followed by the soreness in my legs. Not pretty at all. After dragging myself to the shower and downing a bunch of panadol and neurofen, Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 18, 2015
- The Pow is Back...There are no friends on a powder day. Definitely not. With 13cm falling overnight, it was every person for themselves at breakfast and a race to get out the door. With Maddy, Leeloo and Ronan off at Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 18, 2015
- Finding the 50th ParallelToday Big White became Big White-Out. The fog that was below us completely engulfed us today, so I decided that after 2 weeks of skiing it might be time for me to have a rest day. Sean did Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 17, 2015
- Our Long Flight Journey to Chiang Mai Begins...It will take a very long time for us to get to Chiang Mai, 20+ flying hours, plus 10+ hours waiting in various airports, starting right here in Victoria!
We arrived well before our flight to Vancouver to meet Jane and Posted by alangcampbell in Thailand: A Cultural Exposure Tour | Jan 17, 2015
- Totally tubular!Today was Ronan's birthday, which was an excellent excuse for all of us to live on almost nothing but sugar for 24 hours. I say 'almost' because the sugar was interspersed with some pinot, although technically that may count Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 16, 2015
- PlanningTrip planning with the brothers. 1 week out - getting amped to see some sunny weather and roam around LA Posted by npdstlaus2015 in 2015 Aussie trip | Jan 16, 2015
- Slaying the Dragon...This morning we awoke to clear blue skies and yet another day of fabulous snow. Everyone except Sean and I went off to lessons, and Sean and I headed on over to Gem Lake for a run down the Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 14, 2015
- Anticipation and Preparations.Last fall I was asked by my friend and former coworker Ronda, to join her on an adventure to the Philippines, volunteering with the group Go-Med, http://www.go-med.ca/ , an organization with which she had travelled last year. I would be Posted by bobana in My Philippine Adventure | Jan 14, 2015
- Ears pinned back...This morning Maddy, Leeloo & Ronan went off to ski school and Pete, Sean, Cameron & I met David Dann up at Beano's coffee shop. After a catch up over coffee, we headed out for a some runs. Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 12, 2015
- Blue is the new black!A bit bleary after the previous night's efforts, we crawled out to see a very sunny day and the piste was calling - a light dusting of snow over the groomed runs made for a very pleasant morning. Pete Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 12, 2015
- Go Rrrrrrrrrrrrrockets!Most of us woke with anticipation and excitement today. Some of us were a little bit...ahem...slower off the mark due to our intensive education on Okanagan oenology the prior evening. Today was particularly exciting because two hotly anticipated Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 11, 2015
- Food festivalHappy anniversary to us!
Today was pretty foggy, and with the warmer temperatures the snow is getting very packed down on the runs and thick and heavy between the trees. With that in mind, Sean decided to take Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 11, 2015
- Less than a month to go....With 4 weeks left to go, I find I'm surfing the net and reading the Lonely Planet guides searching for interesting places and things to see and do. I'm busy making connections and coordinating visits with Facebook friends that Posted by Samchow58 in The next chapter | Jan 10, 2015
- Big Air!Bit of a slow start this morning - everyone slowly got out of bed, but once we discovered that it was another cracking sunny day, it was time to get out there! Ronan headed off to ski school, Connor Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 10, 2015
- Canada - Whistler and Vancouver
After a quick 2 hour flight Las Vegas Posted by lana.drew in West Coast of California, USA and Canada | Jan 9, 2015
- Blinded by the light...This morning I was rudely awoken to an alarm sounding like a nuclear warning siren. Turned out to be Connor's iPhone reminder to feed the chickens at 7:30am. I stumbled down the stairs and located said iPhone on Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 8, 2015
- The Day After...The snowing stopped overnight and we awoke to a clear and relatively warm day - +2 degrees in the village and -2 at the top. Which meant the piste would only last for so long before it became cruddy Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 6, 2015
- Happiness is....Before we went to bed last night it stopped snowing. I went to bed mentally cursing those useless weather forecasters. I take it all back now. All of it. With a big slice of humble pie. Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 5, 2015
- Going Off The GridToday's the big day!
I feel silly admitting that I'm nervous for what the next three months are to bring for us. It seems as though we've had to prepare for much more than the average travelling couple. To help Posted by WarrJenn in S.E. Asia and Australia | Jan 5, 2015
- Pow!So we woke up this morning and still not a whole lotta powder, so Pete, Marian, Cameron, Connor, Bianca and I decided to do a lesson this morning, while Ronan, Leeloo and Maddy headed to ski school for the day. Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 4, 2015
- Zero pow but some crunchy steezSo the pow did not eventuate - apparently now coming Sunday night. I should know better than to trust the weather forecast!
Having said that, after a hearty breakfast, we all had a great day on the slopes. All Posted by Redsole in Go Subzero | Jan 3, 2015