- Vancouver to Los Angeles Blog notes.
Overnight at Susan's cousin Bonnie with an early bedtime but got a phone call from the girls wishing us a Bon voyage for our Pacific crossing. Great to hear from them again and now we are excited about seeing Posted by lacourciere in Art and Susan's Trip Down Under in 2014 | Nov 25, 2014
- In VancouverNow in Vancouver waiting to take the big bird south tomorrow! Doing some last minute things and visiting some relatives before leaving. Found wifi in Metrotown and checking things out on the iPad. Just had a note that it Posted by lacourciere in Art and Susan's Trip Down Under in 2014 | Nov 24, 2014
- Lots of snowThis past week we have had lots of fun making snowmen, throwing snowballs, making snow angels, eating snow, and diving into snow. The Canadians sure aren't impressed that it was so cold and snowy so early on, but we were Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Nov 23, 2014
- Cape Breton and Cabot TrailThere was quite a bit of chatter in the hostel in Halifax about the Cape Breton Trail and how unmissable it is. Once I'd worked out it is a trail you drive, rather than walk, I was in. I rented Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 22, 2014
- Halifax: A Long Walk, South to North and BackThis is a bit of an extended walk - from the south of Halifax to the north end - which I didn't do all at once, or just once, It is quite long - you might want a cup of Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 18, 2014
- Halloween & Snow It has been a few weeks since the last update...
October 31st was Halloween. They are absolutely nuts for it over here. A few days before, the Centre for International Programs at the university hosted a 'How to Halloween' evening, we Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Nov 14, 2014
- Halifax: A Wander along the WaterfrontMy digs were very convenient for Dalhousie University, which is just a few blocks up my street (Morris). Going in the opposite direction, there are only about four blocks before you hit the waterfront. Almost next door is a Chinese Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 10, 2014
- Last Week in Canada[center]
is in the books==
Last week we wrapped up exams and handed in some
papers, drank a few/many vodka waters and said
good bye to our Uvic profs.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/691481/bpnt.jpg thumb=http://photos.trav Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Nov 8, 2014
- Gratitude in MississaugaAs the fall becomes winter it offers time to contemplate the journey from Gabriola to Budapest to the UK and to Toronto where our grandchildren live.
We have seen ancient castles, gothic cathedrals, baroque towns and cobble streets. We have Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Nov 7, 2014
- Train Across Canada: Montréal to HalifaxHalifax is the end of the line when it comes to train travel in Canada. That's pretty much the only reason I ended up there, plus the fact they have a University which suited my needs (St John's, Newfoundland has Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 6, 2014
- An Afternoon Walk around Old MontréalBecause of my poor research, I only had my last day to spend looking around Old Montréal. The city was first established as a French colony in the mid 17th century, called Ville-Marie. The existing inhabitants were none too happy Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Nov 2, 2014
- Train Across Canada: Winnipeg to MontréalVisiting the Manitoba Museum, I learnt about the Hudson Bay Railway, and it created a great desire in me to take a ride up to Churchill. Construction started in the 1880's but the line was not actually finished until 1929 Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Oct 26, 2014
- Getting the paperwork in placeLife is getting really busy with work and tucking the yard away for the winter.
It's a blustery day and difficult to get much done outside.
Time to start making a list and getting as much done ahead of time as possible Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Oct 26, 2014
- Back to Canada After New York, Kasey and I flew back to Toronto and came back to Guelph. We enjoyed a few days of quite time, while I did some exams. On Wednesday we headed to Niagara Falls, which was just as amazing Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Oct 25, 2014
- Making a housedressI've learned why the Arabs wear those flowing robes in the desert. It is very cooling.
So when facing the heat of a southern climate, my choice is a long loose dress.
My favourite style is a past the knee skirt Posted by travelDIAS in The Travelling Dias' | Oct 23, 2014
- I'm Officially Going Nuts..[center]Changing of seasons is a great time to take a step back and do some self reflection. As the landscape around you changes, look at how you have changed and GROWN over the past weeks, months, years. One of the Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Oct 24, 2014
- Entry 12 - Richardsons visit and fall in VancouverSaturday morning I finished off last minute preparations for my visitors and then headed out on the train to pick them up from the airport – I didn’t drive as unfortunately our little Suzuki SX4 wouldn’t fit 5 people and Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Oct 23, 2014
- Catching up on the summer travelsWow, it is October.
Where did the last 4 months go? From a travel perspective the summer took me to Denver (CFA Conference), Red Deer (horse show), Montreal & Sorel, Quebec (horse show), Montreal and Montana (wedding and Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Oct 23, 2014
- Walking Winnipeg Part IIMy [[http://nzbarry.travellerspoint.com/179/|previous entry]] had me at the Provincial Legislature, which was very open to the public. This idea of being accessible was also reflected in something else I encountered on my walk: in the shadows of the Legis Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Oct 22, 2014
- chapter 2: FLIGHT IS BOOKEDfeb 1, 2015 - mark it Posted by rsandiford in trying to join the von Trapp Family | Oct 21, 2014
- chapter 1: planning, planning and more planningthe numbers will never be this low again.. as the planning begins so does that count down
t-102 days to go!
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by rsandiford in trying to join the von Trapp Family | Oct 21, 2014
- Vancouver, Canada with the kidsI have been planning to visit my cousin in Vancouver, Canada for the past two years. I keep on delaying it because of pregnancy and bad weather and expensive flight tickets. Finally, I found a travelzoo airfare Posted by jptablante in See the World before you Leave | May 7, 2014
- UnbelievableTo this day, I still find it unbelievable that I will be flying in 12 days and 12 hours to Botswana. A country, a continent that I have yet to set my foot on. I could hardly contain my excitement. Posted by jg_adventures in My Botswana Journal | Oct 19, 2014
- Thanksgiving Break[center]
===Had a nice little week off from living with my nose in case studies and readings.
Jk still nerded out pretty hard so I could be a week ahead when I get back to Vi Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Oct 18, 2014
- Entry 11 - Halifax, Toronto, Niagara Falls and New York Monday morning I woke up and went to the gym pretty early – I wasn’t there long but something is better than nothing I figured. It was the Labour Day public holiday that day so there weren’t many people around Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Oct 17, 2014