I'm staying in the Mount Pleasant section of Vancouver with my daughter Thea and her fiancé Brett. They are 2 budding scientists who work hard but also like to have fun.
Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Dec 2, 2016
- Nov 30 - Coming HomeA couple of post-script observations about Sydney -- we found everything to be more expensive than in Canada. They have also eliminated the penny from their currency; the one thing we did like about their pricing is that the Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Dec 1, 2016
- November 11th Hello Travellers
It's me Celine from Germany and today I want to talk about something that was already almost two weeks ago: it's is November 11th.
You ask what is special about November 11th? I can tell you: it is Remembrance Posted by NSISPFC in NSISPFC | Nov 25, 2016
- Last days of our trip During the last couple of days in Canada, sold our car and celebrated the birthday of Sophie. For the first time in a long time we went out, so of course Edda had a hangover on the plane the next Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Nov 27, 2016
- Blog #2 by Sohrab AyanOctober
This month was a great one. Well I think I'm gonna say this to every month...however I had a great month and I'm gonna tell you a bit of what I did.
Yes, we had Thanksgiving. Many of you will probably Posted by NSISPFC in NSISPFC | Nov 13, 2016
- Cape BretonToday we left Lunenburg at 10:00am and drove straight up the middle of the province to New Glasgow where we had lunch. We then continued onto Cape Breton Island and headed up to Inverness. This island is the British part Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Nov 9, 2016
- Lunenburg and Surrounding TownsToday we walked around Lunenburg taking pictures of houses, the harbor and some beautiful churches that are in this town. We then drove all around the area, using the coastal roads. We went to quite a few small coast towns. Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Nov 9, 2016
- Nova ScotiaToday Iain and I got up at 5:30am because we had to be at the ferry at 7:00am. We took the ferry from Saint John to Digby, Nova Scotia. We drove our rental car right onto the ferry. The Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Nov 6, 2016
- JEK explained..
Jek is an acronym for Jizztasic (Jim) Extremely (Emily) Kool (Krista) Often used when something is so amazing you can't think of any other word to describe it.
Jenny: DUDE. Did you just see that yellow mustang?
Sophie: Yeah, it's so jek.
#jizz Posted by JEK in Travelling with a teen | Nov 2, 2016
- Nov 2 - 3rd airport stop of 5We landed in Vancouver at 1:30 AM Ottawa time, 10:30 PM BC time. Ok, so Martyn has always maintained that, for all airports and restaurants, I am a magnet for crying children. So not to disappoint -- we had Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 1, 2016
- Nov 1 - 2nd airport stop of 5Another Tim's, another donut for Martyn! 4.5h stopover in Toronto before we head off to Vancouver. So far, so good! Haha ... we've only just begun. Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 1, 2016
- Nov 1 - 1st airport stop of 5Our travels have finally started! Martyn has his Tim's and donut in hand as we await our first flight. The airport is surprisingly empty-ish. We had no lineup checking our bags and going through security. No babies Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Nov 1, 2016
- Train to AlbanyThis morning Iain and I caught the train from Niagara Falls to Albany. It is a 9 hour train ride. We had to all clear customs in the United States and it took a long time. There are two different Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Oct 28, 2016
- Niagara FallsThis morning we walked down to the falls and walked all along until we got to the Hornblower boat tour. We decided to do it in the morning, even though it was crowded. Everyone puts on this red poncho and Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Oct 27, 2016
- Niagara Falls, OntarioThis morning I left Penn Station in NYC for Niagara Falls. It was a 9 hour train ride and it was beautiful, until some leaves got under the train and the two front cars started smoking up. Yes of course Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Oct 27, 2016
- Welcome to our Blog!!We hope you will enjoy following us as we travel down under for the month of November!
For this trip, we decided not to drive on the 'wrong' side of the road so we will be flying to our destinations. Posted by dmttravels in Carp-eh Diem | Oct 27, 2016
- Preparations and goodbyesWe have exactly 10 days until we set off and the reality of what we're doing is starting to set in. Tensions are high and we are working towards a fast approaching deadline. My heart is heavy with Posted by JEK in Travelling with a teen | Oct 23, 2016
- Toronto: Day Three14 October 2016
Another bright and sunny day so we decided to go for a walk. Judith drove to the Mount Nemo Conservation Area. We paid the fee ($6.75 each), parked and started walking the trail to the lookout, then following Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 16, 2016
- Toronto: Day Two13 October 2016
Rain was forecast for today but it didn't eventuate, however the temperature had cooled, only reaching a top of 14C. Judith explained the subway system to me and dropped me at the station. The system was easy and Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 14, 2016
- Toronto: Day One12 October 2016
After a lazy start to the day I went out for a walk for a couple of hours. The sunny 25C day was too good to waste. Judith walked part way with me (to make sure I wouldn't Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 14, 2016
- The Canadian train journey: Part Two9 October 2016
Again I found it difficult to sleep. We must have stopped at Edmonton very early in the morning (around 1.30am) but I don’t remember it. However, I was awake around 4.15am - we were stopped somewhere with Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 13, 2016
- The Canadian train journey: Part One7 October 2016
I took my time and checked out of the hotel room and stored my luggage at 10.45am. Now I had to fill the rest of the day until the train leaves.
I walked for nearly four hours … until Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 12, 2016
- Back to Vancouver5 October 2016
We departed at 7.45am, which meant bags had to be ready for collection at 6.45am. The morning departure times haven't been too bad on this tour but having my bag ready an hour before means I have Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 7, 2016
- Banff to Jasper28 September 2016
Another big travel day. 288 kms with lots of stops along the way.
An early start to the day with bags ready for collection by 6.45am and a 7.45 departure time. Far too early for me!
We made a stop Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Oct 6, 2016
- Picture perfect Canadian RockiesIt was a great night staying inside Uwe, Carola and Aiyana’s house in Canmore. And luckily enough, Carola had a day off that Monday such that she and Aiyana could join us the day to do some hiking. They suggested Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 6, 2016