- The Case Against Flying[float=right][/float]I think that I’ve mentioned it a few times already: I consider flying as cheating. So, since I’ve just return Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Jun 9, 2016
- In a Volcano's ShadowIt came as a complete shock. No-one had told me. Sure, they had explained that the price of the minibus had more than doubled because a recent eruption had taken out the road, but that as the only mention of Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Jun 4, 2016
- When Travel doesn’t Go According to Plan[float=right][/float]It’s three o’clock in the mo Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Jun 2, 2016
- Cape Verde[img=http: Posted by sarahisland in Cape Town to Dublin | May 20, 2015
- 2012 - OCEAN PRINCESS - CAPE VERDE===MINDELO, CAPE VERDE===
I EXPECTED THIS TO BE A BIT OF AN ANTI-CLIMAX AFTER WEST AFRICA, & IT WAS SOMEWHAT.
BUT COLOURFUL NEVERTHELESS....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- The Gambia and Cape VerdeFrom Gambia we sailed for two days up the coast of Africa to The Gambia, a small, narrow country surrounded by Senegal and named after The Gambia River which flows through its middle. We docked in the capital Posted by HopeEakins in Sailing Around the World with TEDS | Apr 22, 2013
- Cape Verde
Our last stop in Africa was at Mindelo, São Vincente, Cape Verde. Cape Verde is an archipelago of 10 main islands and 5 smaller islands, divided into 2 groups and together covering an area about the size of Posted by HopeEakins in Around the World with Bill and Hope | Apr 22, 2013
- Dec 2010: Cape Verde - Santa AntaoLISBON
Thanks to a lousy TAP connection we had to spend one day in Lisbon. Coming from a snowy and icy NL it was very pleasant to walk around in the beautiful city of Lisbon.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/238198/large_90_20101215_024.jpg cap Posted by Marie-Jose in Marie-Jose going abroad | Dec 28, 2010
- Cape Verde===Scout===
The last two days were special. The ship arrived at Cape Verde and I was asked to be a Scout for the upcoming excursions. A Scout is some kind of tour guide that tags along the trips that our passengers Posted by JazzyFizzl in Jas on AIDAVita | Oct 19, 2010
- Tenerife & Days at sea===Tenerife===
The last stop of the Canary Islands was Santa Cruz @Tenerife. There were two divers and two snorkelers booked so I was the lucky third person to have a free day.
Walking Posted by JazzyFizzl in Jas on AIDAVita | Oct 16, 2010
- Old World (Cape Verde)Clearly the voyage has gotten ahead of me – at least from the standpoint of “salty ruminations.” Perhaps, therefore, it makes sense to rotate my gaze backwards at the risk of turning into a pillar of salt. Regardless of the Posted by mpho3 in The Motion of Life in Water | Mar 29, 2008
- Flying via LisbonWe go to the Cape Verdes quite often, and on the last two occasions we have missed connecting flights coming back from Sal to Lisbon. As we live in London it's not too much of a problem but a Posted by jamesensor in Travelling to the Cape Verdes | Jul 18, 2006