- Inky the Iguana and Clucky the Chicken [center]
If you visit the Cayman Islands and don't see a chicken or iguana, you either have your head buried in a smartphone or you arrived during a hurricane. Iguanas and chickens are Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Jul 22, 2014
- Cayman's Boobies[center]
An Easter family visit fell through, so Nadine and I looked for flights anywhere off island. I found flights back to the States . . . for Nadine and the two kids.
Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Jul 20, 2014
- Mmmm . . . Yogrit!As our beautiful daughter learns to read and write phonetically, she occasionally leaves little notes for her parents.
Here is today's note:
I don't like these
yogrit. Ples give me
the oror yogrit
To the point and poli Posted by TulsaTrot in Life is a Trip | Apr 17, 2014
- DAY SIXTEEN - Monday April 14,2014Sailing into Georgetown, Grand Cayman right on time this morning at 7:50 am CDT. There were broken clouds here and there as the Captain promised a shower or two today. Unlike Aruba there is rain here and things Posted by lukskytest in Queen Victoria 2014 Trip | Apr 15, 2014
- Our gearAfter doing some research, we went out and bought some good lightweight travel gear to see us through our trip. We chose to travel with carry-on sized backpacks to avoid overpacking, airline charges, lost/stolen/damaged luggage and other hassles associate Posted by gregandissy in There and back again | Apr 5, 2014
- Visiting the Bluff in the Buff[center][/center]
Moving here from the U.S., we knew we'd be around our kids a lot of the time without an Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Mar 8, 2014
- Mount Trashmore[center][/center]
'Welcome to Grand Cayman'
Teachers and students alike look forward to them. Pray for them at times. Never d Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Feb 22, 2014
- Mr. NobodyAs the whole family sat in bed last night and thanking God for five things we are thankful for, Domino stole the show.
"I'm thankful for Mommy."
"Hmmm, and Sophie."
"Anyone else Dominic," Nadine politely asked.
"Who's Mr. Nobo Posted by TulsaTrot in Life is a Trip | Jan 22, 2014
- I'm Just That Kinda PersonSophie came out of our room and said matter of factly, "I wrote a song."
Nadine responded, "that's pretty good".
Then Nadine continued, "I really like how you write songs and draw pictures".
Moments later, Sophie now lying down in her Posted by TulsaTrot in Life is a Trip | Jan 10, 2014
- A Laborious ThanksgivingThanksgiving in not any other day, it's a great American holiday.
It's is the one major American holiday that is solely celebrated in the States . . .
Well, not exactly. Canadians celebrate it as well.
But's it's a holiday Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Dec 25, 2013
- Heineken or Corona? I mean Trick or Treat
There is no better time to restock candy supplies than Halloween.
Every year, Sophie and Dominic get excited to done a costume and walk the neighborhood collecting candy. Nadine and I Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Nov 15, 2013
- Roundabouting Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman is not a mammoth island like Cuba, nor it is a little spit of sand dotting the Caribbean landscape. The island has a sizable population of 65,000 inhabitants, [[http://www.theonion.com/article Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Nov 11, 2013
- Ivan's Salty LemonsMan has always needed to advance from one spot to another.
Here on Grand Cayman, we were no different. We decided to buy a car, and as we have learned firsthand, there are several very important steps in purchasing Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Oct 23, 2013
- Rum Point, Aim, and Shoot
This is the second time that Nadine has spent her birthday abroad.
The first time she was in Australia, the second time, she spent it here in the Cayman Islands.
This is a photo ess Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Sep 7, 2013
- The Wide World of Cayman SportsIt is said that when a person moves to Grand Cayman, they either become a fitness freak or an alcoholic.
I am still weighing my options.
My first swim in the Caribbean Sea was a Wednesday late afternoon. The local [[http://www.triathlon.ky/photos20 Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Sep 7, 2013
- Sticker Shock!
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
- George Carlin
After months of anticipation, we had arrived Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Aug 20, 2013
- Island Time on Grand CaymanMan cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
– Andre Gide
I enjoy the sensation of being in a new place and the growth that follows. So must Nadine, she married me.
Nadine Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Aug 15, 2013
- Celebrity EquinoxAn early morning today as we arrived in Grand Cayman. We were scheduled for a two tank scuba dive, and we were supposed to be in the theater waiting for the tenders at 7:45am. Up at six, the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jan 24, 2013
- Celebrity EquinoxAnother quiet day at sea. The weather was warm and sunny and it was good to relax. We are having the first formal night tonight, so the decision of the day was what bow tie to wear with Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jan 24, 2013
- GEORGE TOWN, GRAND CAYMAN
Since we didn't have a bank to "visit our money" (a frequent joke among the guest entertainers) we headed for the beach.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92 Posted by Swenigale in SERENITY 4- YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE? | Jan 20, 2013
- Rain, Rain & More RainIt's day three. I arrived in the Cayman Islands on Sunday. A couple of dive instructors from my class picked me up at the airport. They were both young guys. One of them was only 20 yrs old. The other Posted by bpennington in The Cayman Islands | May 22, 2012
- Pirates week, Grand Cayman
Living and working in the tropics what can I say other than life is very relaxed, the sun shines daily, rum and refreshing cocktails are never far away!
(1) Pirates week: (the biggest tourist event of the year)
Pirates week was one Posted by Marieke88 in Grand Cayman | Dec 29, 2011
- Farewell Cayman
Turns out that moving from one end of the earth to the other, and throwing in a holiday in the Arctic en route, is more difficul Posted by bernadettec in Europe | Nov 25, 2011
- Grand Cayman - Tips and What to ExpectCustoms: When you land in Grand Cayman you will have to go through customs. Hopefully it will only be your plane arriving when you land. We had 3 planes all arriving the same time and had to wait 30 min. Posted by susannj in Limin' Away Again Somewhere Warm | Jun 20, 2011
- Day at sea and Grand CaymanThe day at sea was pretty much like the last one. Just plain fun.
I arranged this trip from home and settled on Geddes Hislop, a curator from the turtle refuge. I rounded up Bruce and Caryll, from Vancouver Washington, Posted by Mari Anne in Cruising march 2011 | Jun 1, 2011