- Feb 20th "Alluvial Plain"The evening consisted of an introduction to Glaciers and in particular the Pia Glacier as part of our briefing for tomorrow’s excursion. The guides aboard are very knowledgeable and the presentation on glaciers and climate change was fascinating. Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 22, 2017
- Happy Birthday from the Horn!Pretty cool to ring in my next 365-day journey around the sun by an early morning landing on Cape Horn. Turns out we don’t head to Ushuaia today but tomorrow.
Yesterday was pretty spectacular; we headed out in Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 22, 2017
- First Full Day at Sea!After an active evening (mainly drinking at the bar) of socializing and meeting other Canadians aboard the morning came quickly. Breakfast is served from 8-9 and immediately following we had our first excursion, a leisurely nature walk at Ainsworth Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 22, 2017
- “Mistakes are made at the end of the earth”We closed off the night in Punta Arenas with a sampling of local faire (lamb, King Crab and salmon) followed by a nightcap at Shackleton’s Bar. We were the only patrons and the bartender gave us a bunch of Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 22, 2017
- Feb 17 - THE GLACIERS OF THE BEAGLE CHANNEL, CHILE
We have come to where we can see glaciers as we sail the Beagle Channel.
W Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 19, 2017
- Día de ViajeToday we started early, very early, 6:30 am pick-up to head back towards Santiago and catch our 10:30 am flight to Punta Arenas. Doesn't sound that bad but given last night we stumbled across the best little pizza place Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 17, 2017
- Chile aboard Crystal SerenityAfter a quite day on the ship, we left Punta Arenas and headed to sea.
We were expecting some rougher weather as we left the Straits of Magellan heading out to the open ocean Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 17, 2017
- We are the Millers or MolinerosI have to stop starting the blogs with what day it, first because they are starting to blur together (and yes it is likely due to the fact we are single handily boosting the Chile wine industry) and second my Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 16, 2017
- AgradecidoHappy belated Valentine's Day! We were so wrapped up in Vino Tinto we kind of forgot it was Valentine's Day until we went out for dinner last night. Our travel mates found a fantastic Italian place just down Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 16, 2017
- Feb 16 - PUNTA ARENAS, CHILE (Day 2)
What’s this, you ask? Answer to come.
Local knitters and crafters display Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 16, 2017
- Chile aboard Crystal SerenityWe arrived in Punta Arenas this morning and tied up at a pier, so no tender required! Punta Arenas (or Sandy Point in English) is the capital city of Chile's southernmost region, Magallanes and Antartica Chilena. The city was Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 16, 2017
- Feb 15 - PUNTA ARENAS, CHILE (Day 1)
Our last stop in Chile is in the only city on the 300 mile Strait of Magellan. Tug boats are waiting to help us dock, but luckily there are no winds today. Sunrise tod Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 15, 2017
- Buen díaAs our traveling buddy Mr. Molinero exclaimed this morning it is hard to decipher whether this is Day Two or Day Three, I am going with Day Two. As predicted last evening the Molineros did not make it out Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 14, 2017
- Chile aboard Crystal SerenityAs Valentine's Day dawned we continued our sea transit towards the Straits of Magellan. The crew did an excellent job decorating the ship, and, in addition to the excellent enrichment seminars that were conducted, the ship hosted a special Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 14, 2017
- Back homeAfter a very bumpy flight across the Atlantic, not at all unlike driving along the Carretera Austral, we're now back home. And tomorrow it's back to work for me.
Next stop, in five years' time or so: Argentinian Patagonia along Ruta Posted by FierceOrc in Chile 2017 | Feb 14, 2017
- Feb 13-14 - CRUISING CHILEAN FJORDS & STRAIT OF MAGELLANVALENTINE'S DAY
Happy Valentine's Day, friends and family!
Great day Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 14, 2017
- Chile aboard Crystal SerenitySeveral hours after we left port we entered the open Southern Pacific, where we spent the night being somewhat tossed and turned with 20 foot seas. We slept, but not that well. Late in the morning we entered Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 14, 2017
- Buen viajeDisclaimer: don't judge me (or do I don't care) by the missed words and spelling mistakes, I try and I am sorry, I know I am not a literally genius and I generally pen these entries after a couple "beverages"... Posted by imalazyj in G^2 Adventures | Feb 13, 2017
- Chile aboard Crystal SerenityOn Saturday we arrived at a Chiloe island close to Puerto Montt and the town of Castro. Castro is Chile's third oldest city in continued existence. Rodrigo de Quiroga as the temporary governor of Chile in 1567 launched a campaign Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 12, 2017
- Feb 12 - PUERTO CHACABUCO, CHILE
The early bird catches the moon!
The sun rose over the Andes as we sailed Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 12, 2017
- Feb 11 - CASTRO (CHILOÉ ISLAND), CHILE
We’ve entered the Chiloé Archipelago – obviously arriving at low tide!
The Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 11, 2017
- CoyhaigueFebruary 11
Back where we came from. Tomorrow we take the plane from Balmaceda to Santiago and on Monday we fly back to the Netherlands.
If you don't mind the dust from and bumping on unpaved roads, the ferries, the backpackers, and Posted by FierceOrc in Chile 2017 | Feb 11, 2017
- Ventisquero O’HigginsFebruary 9
Villa O’Higgins is tiny and drab, but the glacier was the absolute highlight. It’s a ten-hour boat ride out and back but worth at least nine of them. Glacier up close and personal. Bryce Canyon in ice. The tongue Posted by FierceOrc in Chile 2017 | Feb 10, 2017
- Feb 10 - PUERTO MONTT, CHILE
We are sailing south and are now in the northern part of Chilean Patagonia. In the early morning the full moon was magnificent.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 10, 2017
- Chile aboard Crystal SerenityWe had our first formal night tonight and we chose to eat in the main dining room. We both had a superb Chateaubriand and then headed off to the show, where Broadway star James Fox performed the Music of Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 10, 2017