- Easter Island 2014[img=http://photos. Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Sep 4, 2016
- Chile 2014 Part II[img=http://p Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Sep 4, 2016
- Chile 2014 Part I[img=http://photos. Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Sep 4, 2016
- Capturing ChileOur time in Chile was a little like Argentina; it was brief. We didn't really have enough time to explore and never got down to the Southern end of the country. The little time we spent gave us the Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Aug 19, 2016
- Andes Mountains... and a date!Yesterday was another amazing day in Chile. Today’s agenda included a day trip into the Andes Mountains to Cajon del Maipo.
I was picked up from my hotel around 8:15 and found that there was a couple from Brazil and Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 14, 2016
- It's delightful, down in Chile11 AUGUST
Yesterday was another long travel day as I headed from Puerto Iguacu to Santiago. My flight was not until 13:45, so I spent the morning relaxing at the hotel and reading by the pool. I've been so Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 12, 2016
- Days 3 to 5Day 3
Most of the day was spent travelling so there's not a huge amount to add to our story so I'll dedicate more space therefore to the momentous day we had on Thursday in the Atacama but more on Posted by WelshAndy in A 3 week adventure of 2 Auld ones | Jul 22, 2016
- Day 1 & 2When we were first researching this trip, I found a lot of useful info on other people's blogs so I'm going to start each of these posts with some practical stuff which might come in handy for anyone planning a Posted by WelshAndy in A 3 week adventure of 2 Auld ones | Jul 19, 2016
- South America BoundWell here we are finding ourselves adding to our blog - it's been 4 years between intrepid travel but this journey will encompass Easter Island, Peru, Ecuador and Brazil . Our preparations started with the usual madness of travel Posted by Watson5 in Watson Family Travels | Jul 7, 2016
- The trip beginsThe trip got off to a good start with us getting business class seats as soon as we arrived at the airport. From there it was a quick trip through customs with the new do it yourself kiosks. Really does Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jun 23, 2016
- Pablo and MeSantiago is a lot like Los Angeles, there is a lot of smog, the streets are confusing to navigate and there is a lot of traffic. The only real difference is that everyone speaks Spanish. Okay, maybe there really are Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Jan 1, 2010
- The Last CivilizationI arrived in Punta Arenas after a long day of traveling. I woke up at 4 AM that morning to do the last leg of the circuit in Torres Del Paine, then took a bus which sent me to Puerto Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Dec 29, 2009
- Ever-ChangingSister park to Yosemite National Park in the United States, Torres del Paine is hard to comprehend. It´s constantly changing weather and immense landscape make it one of the coolest places that I have ever been. My goal was to Posted by mbeymer in The Whole Story | Dec 28, 2009
- Chile ==Chile== is the last place I want to visit before leaving South America. the last place I want to go to is the Easter island ( hand of the desert Atacama). To get there I'll be travelling by car it Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 11, 2016
- Crossing the Andes again - by bus this timeWas up early to check out of the hotel and catch the bus across the Andes to Mendoza. This was always going to be the trickiest part of the journey, as the guide book advised one sometimes has to wait Posted by liamwimbo in Argentina_Chile_2016 | Apr 29, 2016
- A wet weekend in SantiagoNext morning, it was time to tune into football coverage from the UK. The Dons were at home to Orient and today Franchise could get officially relegated. Thankfully both results went well with Wimbledon winning 1-0 to cement their place Posted by liamwimbo in Argentina_Chile_2016 | Apr 29, 2016
It's a big city that doesn't really feel like it... it's super relaxed and friendly.
DO: the walk up to San Cristobal for the views of the city and mountainous backdrop. Food and handicraft markets! Enjoy a Posted by scampyyy in south america | Oct 18, 2012
- Chile : From Puerto Varas to Santiago by bus and trainThe next day proved how lucky I had been with the weather on the crossing. It was absolutely miserable - worse than a wet weekend in Grimsby.
No matter. Had Posted by liamwimbo in Argentina_Chile_2016 | Apr 24, 2016
- Next on our Journey - Easter IslandMonday, Tuesday & Wednesday April 20 - 23th – At Sea & Easter Island
We are back at sea after a fascinating visit with the Pitcairn Islanders. Time to test out more of the wonderful restaurants and get back to our Posted by DavidandHazel in From Tahiti to Peru | Apr 24, 2016
- SantiagoIn the weeks before we left on this trip we had many conversations with friends and family about our plans. Many people find it quite strange not to have a fixed plan with transport and accommodation booked in advance. Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Apr 16, 2016
- Plenty of love for SantiagoBefore coming travelling, I had always felt like I preferred big cities to smaller places, but since I've been away I've grown to love the smaller, more chilled out towns and amazing natural beauties. I spent a lot of time Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Apr 4, 2016
- ON THE WAY TO THE ATACAMA DESERTWe stopped in La Serena before heading North to break up the journey. There are a lot of astronomical observatories in the area and I was hoping to do some star-gazing but unfortunately it was cloudy so we weren't able Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Mar 26, 2016
- Valparaiso and Viña del Mar: street art and beachI made it to Valparaiso early the next morning. I was excited for this stop as I'd heard great things about this city. When I found my hostel, I was greeted by a hostel guest that I'd apparently woken up Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Mar 25, 2016
- Pucón: climbing Chile's most active volcanoMy next stop was Pucón. My bus arrived a little late, so when I got to the hostel, the first thing the staff asked was did I want to climb volcano Villarrica the following day, and if so I needed Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Mar 25, 2016
- The journey through Chile: Puerto Varas and ValdiviaI hadn't really planned much of my journey through Chile. I just knew I had three weeks to get from Bariloche, Argentina into Santiago de Chile, and that I wanted to travel up the Chilean side.
I took recommendations from my Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Mar 25, 2016