- Cruising the Chilean Fjords - Wednesday, 4 March 2015Late breakfast this morning and we will be maneouvring the ship through the Kirke Passage when the tides are right. It was supposed to be at 9am but the Captain just announced that it will be an hour or more Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Nov 25, 2015
- Chillin' in ChileWe arrived in Valparaiso still not quite believing how close to finishing our trip we were. Reality is coming our way very shortly which we are choosing not to think about at this point.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/679578/large_RRHX8921.jp Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 21, 2015
- 22nd October - 19th NovemberWe arrived at 7.15am in Pucón after a 10-hour night bus from Santiago and casually strolled across the street (it's a very small town) to our hostel. Luckily another guest was awake to let us in, as no staff arrived Posted by rebecca.banks21 in Adventures in South America | Nov 19, 2015
- Touchdown!!!I had grand plans to make full use of the 12hrs between Auckland and Santiago as serious swot time for my Spanish. My vision of stepping off the plane and engaging the first local I saw with fluent conversation were Posted by 2kiwicompaneros in Viva South America!! | Nov 12, 2015
- Entering a world of PaineSam
It was a long and painful trip from Ushuaia. Going out of the city was beautiful, but punctuated with a few stops for engine repairs.
Then Argentinian emigration, then Chilean Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Nov 9, 2015
- Easter Island: free day with a walk to the museum We left the alarm off this morning and don’t actually get up until 08:50. We are the last for breakfast, which is a cakey-thing and bananas, ham and cheese. The rolls are much fresher this morning than they have been. Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 3, 2002
- Easter Island: quarry, Aku Akivi, lava tubes and dancesToday is Saturday and the Post Office should have been open, but it’s not. I am not worried about the last four stamps we need, we should have time before we leave on Monday, if not we can always leave Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 2, 2002
- Easter Island: Rano Kau, Orongo Ceremonial Village and rain It rained all through the night and this morning there is a terrible smell in our room. It smells like raw sewage and we report it to the reception on the way out hoping they’ll do something about it while Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Nov 1, 2002
- Easter Island: Ahi Vaihu, Rano Raraku, Akanena BeachWe are woken by the sound of cockerels this morning; we had left the window open during the night. There is a net covering it, otherwise we would not have risked the open window – before we left the UK Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 31, 2002
- Santiago - Concha y Toro Vinyard - Easter IslandI feel unwell this morning, without doubt dehydration, and after a couple of bottles of water I begin to feel back to normal. We have some free time before pick-up today and visit the local San Francisco Church. Service is Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 30, 2002
- Lima - SantiagoWithout the remains of the salad, my stomach is better again this morning. Continental breakfast is rather uninteresting if you don’t like jam or marmalade, so I always bring my Marmite. A typical Englishman abroad. I am glad of it Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 29, 2002
- Chile & the Bolivian Atacama Desert and Salt FlatsSan Pedro, Chile
We arrived in San Pedro after a nine hour bus ride from Salta. We checked into our hostel only to be told that they were putting us into an 10 bed dorm, when we had booked a 6 Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Oct 11, 2015
- Cruise to Easter Island and TahitiHere is a short summary of our trip to Easter Island in January.
Ocean Princess Cruise Itinerary
Jan 02, 2015. Embark in Fort Lauderdale
Jan 03 At Sea
Jan 04 At Sea
Jan 05 At Sea
Jan 06 Panama Canal -Scenic Cruising Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Sep 3, 2015
- Santago to Buenos Aires around the CapeHeathrow to Madrid, Madrid to Chile 13.5 hours. Overnight Santiago Intercontinental Hotel. Embark cruise ship the Emerald Princess in Valparaiso.
Port of Call Puerto Montt
[img= Posted by Manninagh in Been there, done that | May 6, 2014
- Day 7: Sunday 12th July - Santiago, ChileWoke up this morning feeling reasonably well rested, so got up and got ready for a bit day. Went down stairs for our all included continental breakfast, which was yummy, then packed our bags and head out.
We started by Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 11, 2015
- Day 6: Saturday 11th July - Santiago, ChileSo today was a bit of a write off sadly. We had big plans to go on a wine tour for half a day then head up San Cristobal Hill. But things didn't go quite as planned and we ended Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 10, 2015
- Day 5: Friday 10th July - Sydney, Australia - Santiago,ChileToday was a very long day, 30 hours to be exact with not much sleep.
Day started in Holsworthy, Sydney with Pete putting together a delicious bacon, egg and hash brown sandwich to get us all started for the day. Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 9, 2015
- El Cobre, you say?Saturday morning I baked the ugliest cake I have ever made. But it was delicious. Steve's birthday was last week and he had been salivating over the promise of a cake ever since we arrived. We had bus tickets from Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 2, 2015
- Chile and ArgentinaWhen buying my 4 leg plane ticket from Peru to Patagonia I'd been forced to buy a return, as it was half the price of a single. The problem was I didn't want to return to Peru. So, when we Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | May 7, 2015
- Panitao: El Fin del MundoIn my defense, we are never sure what time it is in Chile. Anita said that this year Chile is experimenting with skipping the Daylight Savings switch, but apparently Apple did not get that memo. So on Saturday morning, when Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jun 29, 2015
- MMH - Patagonia Special part 2!After my trek in the TDP I had a couple more nights in Punta Arenas before flying North, and decided to take a day tour to the Tierra Del Fuego (Land of Fires), where you could see some penguin colonies. Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | Apr 30, 2015
- MMH - Patagonia Special part 1!Fresh off the back of my first narrowly avoided disaster in getting to Iquitos, more fun was to come in getting to my next stop. I'd just received a text from Val, asking if my flights the following day (any Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | Apr 28, 2015
- Valparaiso: happies not hippies Whenever we tell someone we are visiting Santiago, they almost always respond, "Are you going to Valparaiso?" Even the Santiago tour guide, tooling around on a segue, that Anita asked for directions and tips on the city responded, "Well have Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jun 27, 2015
- South American airports, ammiright?Of all the things we had coming our way today, I was definitely not expecting to have to argue with Bolivia.
We took a taxi from the Hostel Atawkama in Cuzco at 5am, only sit sit around the wasteland of Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jun 24, 2015
- Santiago, Chile After leaving the continent of North America and Miami I am now on my way to the country of Chile, the flight to Chile will be approximately 8 hours and 30 minutes and will span 6659 kilometers. While in Santiago Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015