- Spectacular Shanghai!Start of our sight seeing adventures and after a sleep in, hotel buffet breakfast and got some money we got picked up by Jen's work colleague, Huiliang. Not quite sure what to expect, he took us to the Bund side Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | May 17, 2016
- Chile ==Chile== is the last place I want to visit before leaving South America. the last place I want to go to is the Easter island ( hand of the desert Atacama). To get there I'll be travelling by car it Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 11, 2016
- Crossing the Andes again - by bus this timeWas up early to check out of the hotel and catch the bus across the Andes to Mendoza. This was always going to be the trickiest part of the journey, as the guide book advised one sometimes has to wait Posted by liamwimbo in Argentina_Chile_2016 | Apr 29, 2016
- A wet weekend in SantiagoNext morning, it was time to tune into football coverage from the UK. The Dons were at home to Orient and today Franchise could get officially relegated. Thankfully both results went well with Wimbledon winning 1-0 to cement their place Posted by liamwimbo in Argentina_Chile_2016 | Apr 29, 2016
It's a big city that doesn't really feel like it... it's super relaxed and friendly.
DO: the walk up to San Cristobal for the views of the city and mountainous backdrop. Food and handicraft markets! Enjoy a Posted by scampyyy in south america | Oct 18, 2012
- Chile : From Puerto Varas to Santiago by bus and trainThe next day proved how lucky I had been with the weather on the crossing. It was absolutely miserable - worse than a wet weekend in Grimsby.
No matter. Had Posted by liamwimbo in Argentina_Chile_2016 | Apr 24, 2016
- Next on our Journey - Easter IslandMonday, Tuesday & Wednesday April 20 - 23th – At Sea & Easter Island
We are back at sea after a fascinating visit with the Pitcairn Islanders. Time to test out more of the wonderful restaurants and get back to our Posted by DavidandHazel in From Tahiti to Peru | Apr 24, 2016
- SantiagoIn the weeks before we left on this trip we had many conversations with friends and family about our plans. Many people find it quite strange not to have a fixed plan with transport and accommodation booked in advance. Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Apr 16, 2016
- Plenty of love for SantiagoBefore coming travelling, I had always felt like I preferred big cities to smaller places, but since I've been away I've grown to love the smaller, more chilled out towns and amazing natural beauties. I spent a lot of time Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Apr 4, 2016
- ON THE WAY TO THE ATACAMA DESERTWe stopped in La Serena before heading North to break up the journey. There are a lot of astronomical observatories in the area and I was hoping to do some star-gazing but unfortunately it was cloudy so we weren't able Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Mar 26, 2016
- Valparaiso and Viña del Mar: street art and beachI made it to Valparaiso early the next morning. I was excited for this stop as I'd heard great things about this city. When I found my hostel, I was greeted by a hostel guest that I'd apparently woken up Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Mar 25, 2016
- Pucón: climbing Chile's most active volcanoMy next stop was Pucón. My bus arrived a little late, so when I got to the hostel, the first thing the staff asked was did I want to climb volcano Villarrica the following day, and if so I needed Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Mar 25, 2016
- The journey through Chile: Puerto Varas and ValdiviaI hadn't really planned much of my journey through Chile. I just knew I had three weeks to get from Bariloche, Argentina into Santiago de Chile, and that I wanted to travel up the Chilean side.
I took recommendations from my Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Mar 25, 2016
- VAMOS A CHILE! SANTIAGO & VALPARAÍSOThe girls sadly had to go back to BA before taking their plane back home while Ryan and I took a night bus crossing over to Chile in Santiago. I found out that Chilean customs are extremely strict which meant Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Mar 24, 2016
- Hiking the W at Torres del PaineI didn't sleep all that well the night before; I spent a bit of time wondering if this was such a good idea after all but I got up ready to get on with it. I got down to breakfast Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Mar 11, 2016
- A dash of Chile (and a dash more)The Atacama desert is the second driest place in the world behind Antarctica. Incredibly it rained for us. Lucky us?
In fact, when we tried to cross the Andes to Argentina, the snow had closed the pass - stranding us for Posted by nzdora in Team Dora explore Latin America | Mar 1, 2016
- Pre adventure planning and philosophy26 February 2016
Well, the apple cart was tipped over in the weeks prior to our departure because Annie, our beautiful 11.5 year old Golden Retriever was diagnosed with a cancerous lesion. You always know you beloved dogs will Posted by wendylizjohnson in Wendy's South American Adventure | Feb 25, 2016
- Preparing for Patagonia: Chilean style When I decided to head to Patagonia, I dutifully read up on both the Argentinian and Chilean side, which is where I really learned about the Torres del Paine in Chilean Patagonia. It didn't even occur to me that I Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Feb 24, 2016
- Rapa Nui (Easter Island)==Rapa Nui, also known as Easter Island==
We departed Santiago and flew 5 hours over the Pacific Ocean west of the Chile.
We arrived on Easter Island and pr Posted by janejoe in Chile | Feb 6, 2016
- Madrid - Berlin - StockholmAfter both dinner and breakfast onboard the flight and some lame attempts to get some sleep the plane descended for landing. I must say time went by so fast… maybe because I was so homesick? At some point over the Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Sep 5, 2014
- Allt for this time...Spoiled myself with another sleep-in this very last day in San Pedro and moreover Chile. I was a little sad to leave yet nice to get back home again. Ate breakfast at 8am and later went back to my room Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Sep 4, 2014
- It’s all about the moonSince today’s tour started at 2.30pm I could spoil myself with a nice sleep-in. As a guest at Hotel Poblado Kimal you received a discount at Piedras Australes, a handicraft store selling jewelries among other things. I went over to Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Sep 3, 2014
- Flamingos and high altitudeWoke up in time for breakfast to catch the pick-up at 8.30am and the full-day tour today went to Atacama Salt Flat and the Miscanti and Miñiques lakes. I was in time for my pick-up but when nobody had showed Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Sep 2, 2014
- Atacama Desert – here I come!Had to get up unhealthy early to be able to catch the transfer at 5.25am back to Santiago Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport and the flight departed at 7.30am to El Loa Airport in Calama. It felt like the domestic Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Sep 1, 2014
- Back to SantiagoI woke up to the bird-warbling outside and the last day here on Easter Island and even though the island has a troubled and violent history I felt sad to leave such nowadays calm and peaceful island. And when I’m Posted by bejjan in Chile - the Land of Contrasts | Aug 31, 2014