- Santago to Buenos Aires around the CapeHeathrow to Madrid, Madrid to Chile 13.5 hours. Overnight Santiago Intercontinental Hotel. Embark cruise ship the Emerald Princess in Valparaiso.
Port of Call Puerto Montt
[img= Posted by Manninagh in Been there, done that | May 6, 2014
- Day 7: Sunday 12th July - Santiago, ChileWoke up this morning feeling reasonably well rested, so got up and got ready for a bit day. Went down stairs for our all included continental breakfast, which was yummy, then packed our bags and head out.
We started by Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 11, 2015
- Day 6: Saturday 11th July - Santiago, ChileSo today was a bit of a write off sadly. We had big plans to go on a wine tour for half a day then head up San Cristobal Hill. But things didn't go quite as planned and we ended Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 10, 2015
- Day 5: Friday 10th July - Sydney, Australia - Santiago,ChileToday was a very long day, 30 hours to be exact with not much sleep.
Day started in Holsworthy, Sydney with Pete putting together a delicious bacon, egg and hash brown sandwich to get us all started for the day. Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 9, 2015
- El Cobre, you say?Saturday morning I baked the ugliest cake I have ever made. But it was delicious. Steve's birthday was last week and he had been salivating over the promise of a cake ever since we arrived. We had bus tickets from Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jul 2, 2015
- Chile and ArgentinaWhen buying my 4 leg plane ticket from Peru to Patagonia I'd been forced to buy a return, as it was half the price of a single. The problem was I didn't want to return to Peru. So, when we Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | May 7, 2015
- Panitao: El Fin del MundoIn my defense, we are never sure what time it is in Chile. Anita said that this year Chile is experimenting with skipping the Daylight Savings switch, but apparently Apple did not get that memo. So on Saturday morning, when Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jun 29, 2015
- MMH - Patagonia Special part 2!After my trek in the TDP I had a couple more nights in Punta Arenas before flying North, and decided to take a day tour to the Tierra Del Fuego (Land of Fires), where you could see some penguin colonies. Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | Apr 30, 2015
- MMH - Patagonia Special part 1!Fresh off the back of my first narrowly avoided disaster in getting to Iquitos, more fun was to come in getting to my next stop. I'd just received a text from Val, asking if my flights the following day (any Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | Apr 28, 2015
- Valparaiso: happies not hippies Whenever we tell someone we are visiting Santiago, they almost always respond, "Are you going to Valparaiso?" Even the Santiago tour guide, tooling around on a segue, that Anita asked for directions and tips on the city responded, "Well have Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jun 27, 2015
- South American airports, ammiright?Of all the things we had coming our way today, I was definitely not expecting to have to argue with Bolivia.
We took a taxi from the Hostel Atawkama in Cuzco at 5am, only sit sit around the wasteland of Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jun 24, 2015
- Santiago, Chile After leaving the continent of North America and Miami I am now on my way to the country of Chile, the flight to Chile will be approximately 8 hours and 30 minutes and will span 6659 kilometers. While in Santiago Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015
- A World Apart"You know you're in Chile when the beer is twice the price and half the size", hört man Travellers sagen. In der Tat ist San Pedro de Atacama, dieser kleine Wüstenort im Norden Chiles, nicht gerade billig, vor allem die Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | May 27, 2015
- Viva ChileDon't get me wrong, Bolivia was great, but it was also cold. Really cold. As in -5°C, with the wind feeling as though it's tearing your face off.
Imagine our relief, then, as a van took us across the border into Posted by kristian23 in The Globetrotting Graduates | May 19, 2015
- Frühstück mit WalfischUnsere Weiterreise brachte uns auf den südamerikanischen Kontinent. Wer von Westen her kommt, beginnt die Route meist in Santiago de Chile. Ich war vor ein paar Jahren schon einmal da und wusste, dass die Stadt nicht gerade mit vielen Attraktionen Posted by birdfish in Let's Summer! | May 5, 2015
- Rapa Nui / Isla de Pascua (Osterinsel)Für uns lag Rapa Nui, wie die Osterinsel in der Sprache der Einheimischen heisst, quasi auf dem Weg. Von Tahiti aus gibt es Flüge mit der chilenischen Fluggesellschaft LAN, die anschliessend weitergehen nach Santiago. Wir liessen uns deshalb die Ge Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | May 3, 2015
- Santiago, Chile - Saturday, 11 April 2015Had a good night's sleep and it was nice to wake up naturally and not to an alarm blaring out at 4.30 am. The bags under my eyes have disappeared.
This is our first time at the Intercontinental Hotel in Santiago Posted by gaddingabout in Peru Adventure, Galapagos, Amazon Cruise | Apr 25, 2015
- Atacama AdventuresAfter a long, frustrating, tiring and miserable bus journey from La Serena, we finally got to San Pedro de Atacama, a little desert town in Northern Chile. And it was well worth the hassle! This little gem of a place Posted by chrisnrach2015 in Our Latin America Adventure | Apr 22, 2015
- ValparaisoAfter a short bus ride from Santiago we arrived in "Valpo" which is a working port town to the west of the big smoke.
The hotel issued "una mapa" which several hours later we found as much use as flammable fire Posted by chrisnrach2015 in Our Latin America Adventure | Apr 17, 2015
- 2 Days in the CityDon't worry everyone, we haven't fallen off the planet! We've been struggling with wifi the past few days so we're a bit behind with this.
After Puerto Varas, we did another overnight bus journey and spent two days in the Posted by chrisnrach2015 in Our Latin America Adventure | Apr 14, 2015
- IF YOU ARE SPANISH AND YOU KNOW IT ADD AN “O”
Here I sit in the Santiago airport reflecting on another wonderful holiday that has flown by. As always it has been a wonderful learning experience and tons of fun espec Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 12, 2015
- FIVE STUFFED LIKE AN EMPANADAWe have had the most wonderful day at our Chilean cooking class. This was recommended by a friend who lived in Santiago last year and it was an awesome day.
We met our chef Matias in the Mercado Central at 10 Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 10, 2015
- CRABBY ABOUT LUNCH
We are just back from a very busy day with lots of walking. We met our very friendly and beautiful guide, Robert at 9 am this morning and went for half day tour of Santiago. Santiag Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 9, 2015
- STREET ART AND ARTISAN MARKETS
Hola from Santiago, the final stop on our South American adventure.
We had an early start to our day to fit in a final tour before leaving Valparaiso. We had an early breakfast at Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Apr 8, 2015
- Puerto Varas, Southern ChilePuerto Varas in Chilean Patagonia has been our home for the past few days. And very pretty it is too. It's right by a lake and has views of the Volcano Osorno, not too far from here.
Posted by chrisnrach2015 in Our Latin America Adventure | Apr 8, 2015