- Puerto Montt, Chile - Sunday, 8 March 2015Woke up a lot during the night but this morning woke up to a very still sea. We are alongside in Puerto Montt and I took some nice dawn photos of the lights of the town reflecting in the water. Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- At sea - Saturday, 7 March 2015One month today since we flew from Sydney to Rio, via Santiago.
Awoke this morning to calm waters - THANK HEAVENS!! Didn't get too much sleep last night so looking forward to spending a lazy day in the cabin, as we Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- Tortel, Chile - Friday, 6 March 2015One month today since we left home. It seems like ages. We have done so much!
Lot of action in the cabin early this morning. Phil phoning Baptiste to say don't bring breakfast early because we don't have any cabin lights. Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- Cruising the Chilean Fjords - Thursday, 5 March 2015Breakfast at 6.45 am because we were going ashore at 9.00 am on the zodiac to see the Pie XI Glacier.
Not feeling fantastic this morning and didn't eat much breakfast at all.
The French went off at 8.00 am in sunshine Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- Puerto Natales, Chile - Tuesday, 3 March 2015Breakfast at 6.00 am this morning as we have to be down on Deck 3 ready to depart at 7.40 am. The wind is blowing a gale and the sea is very rough and there is a big Spanish ship Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- Santiago, Chile - Monday, 16 March 2015We are all alone in the hotel now.
Went down to breakfast and there was no Granola. Phil asked the waiter and he said they had run out. They had also run out of tomatoes. So Phil had Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- Santiago, Chile - Sunday, 15 March 2015Slept in a bit and spent a leisurely day, coming and going from the hotel up to the Mall and back. Most of our group is leaving at different times today so we wanted to be around to say Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- Santiago, Chile - Tuesday, 17 March 2015Tried to sleep in but as usual Phil was up at 4.30 am scratching around so I was awake for a couple of hours and then went back to sleep just when it was time to get up. After Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- Hiking the WThere would be no gentle warm up to the wonders of Chile. After just a couple of days in S. America we were back on the trails in Chile's most famous national park: Torres del Paine. It's a stunning place Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Mar 13, 2015
- Arriving in South AmericaThe next leg of our trip is to South America. As neither of us had been before it felt like we were stepping back into the unknown with little idea what to expect. Our plan is to spend the longest Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Mar 13, 2015
- 😎North Bound😎Our final days in Pucon were spent in a great lakefront hostel called Chili Kiwi (run by a guy from New Zealand, duh). We splurged a bit and got ourselves a private room as we needed some time without people, Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Mar 6, 2015
- Beautiful ValparaisoArrived in Valparaiso under a clear sky, a calm sea, light breeze and warm temperature rising to 23°C. Our arrival was marred by the presence of five gigantic container cranes blocking our berth. What should have been a Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 4, 2015
- Approaching ValparaisoToday is the third sea day as we sail up the coast of Chile. The sun rose in an almost clear sky and presented little colour. After breakfast the first event for us was the Culinary Demonstration by Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 3, 2015
- North Along the Chilean CoastAn overcast sky prevented a visible sunrise and the temperature on the open decks was struggling to reach 10°C. A simple breakfast in the Horizon Court and then back to the cabin to shower and dress for the day. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 2, 2015
- Chilean PatagoniaI seem to have fallen behind a few months, but I'll do my best to catch up:
The series of buses that took me back over the Andes and all the way down into Chilean Patagonia Posted by jakegambling in Jake Gambling's Great Adventure | Mar 2, 2015
- 50 Shades of DirtWell well, hasn't the past week and a half been interesting! I know we said 2 weeks we'd be away but we're back on the grid again. I'm sure some of you whom are in regular contact with us will Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Mar 2, 2015
- Chile Coast- Sea Day 1Woke up early, 0230, this morning and went down to the Internet Café to try my luck with the Internet connection. It was a worthwhile exercise and I managed to upload images and texts held over for the last Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 1, 2015
- Punta Arenas in ChileI hope this isn't becoming boring but I was treated to a spectacular sunrise on a calm sea with little to no wind. Temperature was below 10°C as we sailed into the harbour for Punta Arenas which is located Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 28, 2015
- Blowin' in the windSo I was heading for Puerto Natales on the bus, so far a little disappointed with the bleak landscape of Patagonia that I had seen so far. But then things started to look up as I saw 'mountains Gandalf!' As Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Feb 24, 2015
- ChileOur last night in Argentina was spent with steak on fork and wine in hand, and the next day we left on a morning bus to head towards the Andes. The journey to Chile was a very scenic one. Leaving Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Feb 17, 2015
- Pretty fly for a white guyI have finally left New Zealand (sob sob) and have embarked on the more or less penultimate journey of my travels. New Zealand was amazing but obviously it shares a common language and culture with the UK. South Africa was Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Feb 14, 2015
- San Pedro de Atacama
We had decided to go to the El Tatio Geysers the next morning, requiring a 4:30am departure. We got kitted up and ready to go only to find out that there was a car parked in the drive of Posted by Kmoz7 in South America on 2-wheels | Feb 14, 2015
- Elqui Valley to San Pedro De Atacama
We left Vicuña early and had planned a scenic route along much quieter roads. However, an hour into our journey, and half way up a very gravelly hill, we were greeted by a locked gate. With the gate Posted by Kmoz7 in South America on 2-wheels | Feb 8, 2015
- Sydney to Santiago - Saturday, 7 February 2015Had a pretty good sleep, woke up and went over to the airport for breakfast. Back to the hotel for a while as it was better sitting in our room than at the airport. When we arrived at the Qantas Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 7, 2015
- Feb. 5 - EASTER ISLAND, CHILE
Through the marvels of navigation, our intrepid captain has "found" Easter Island! We are more than 2000 miles west of our last port of call. "Remote" only begins to d Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 7, 2015