- Patagonia, ChileDay 5.
We had a lazy day and did not get out until around noon. We walked back down to the Plaza de Armas and went into the Museum of National History. It was small and had a few interesting Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Jan 13, 2014
- Day 41 Punto Arenas
Due to X-mas delays, we only ended up getting to Punta Arenas the morning of our flight out to Puerto Montt, and it is on a Sunday unfortunately.
Unfortunately because even though Punta Arenas is a fairly developed largish town, the Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 12, 2014
- 40. Gun Granit Granit Tepeler
Sabah daglara gitmek icin erkenden kalktik. Hava soguk, kuzine bile yanmamis. Geceden hazirlanmis kahvaltiyi mideye indirip, terminale gittik. Megersem tum Puerto Nata Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 10, 2014
- 39. Gun Puerto Natales 4 gun kaldigimiz El Calafate'den ogleden sonra Puerto Natales'e gitmek icin ayrildik. Bir kez daha Sinir kontrolunden geciyoruz. Yine sagli sollu cayir-cimen-ot- otlak kapli yollardan koyun, kuzu, inek ve guanacolari selamlayarak 5 saatlik yolu keyifle t Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 9, 2014
- Torres del PaineHappy new year and all the best for 2014!! It's been now a bit more than 7 months that I have started my travelling quest and I have to say that I have never seen the time flying so quickly... Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Jan 9, 2014
- Fire in the DesertSo for those of you who were not aware, the desert is hot...and dry. But before I get into our great adventure in the driest place on the planet, first Christmas!
Even though I spent last Christmas wondering around New York Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Jan 5, 2014
- Part two. South America. Day 1.
Jan 01, 2014. Our flight is on the 2nd but we decided to play it safe and overnight in Vancouver. Sydney picked us up at the ferry and we went for a wonderful Malaysian meal before checking into Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Jan 4, 2014
- 2012 B1 STAR PRINCESS - VALPARAISO & SANTIAGOTHIS IS MOSTLY A LONG BUS TOUR WITH NOT A LOT OF TIME OFF THE BUS.
BUT - FIRST, IT'S BREAKFAST WITH THE YOUNG LADIES ON BOARD
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- 2012 A8 STAR PRINCESS - TORRES DEL PAINEFROM PUNTA ARENAS A SMALL GROUP OF US WILL BUS TO THE SMALL LOCAL AIRPORT & TAKE TWO SMALL PLANES TO PORT NATALES.
FROM THERE WE BUS TO TORRES DEL PAINE, CONTINUE ON THOUGH THE PARK & HAVE A MEAL Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- 2012 A7 STAR PRINCESS - THE BEAGLE CHANNELNOT STOPPING AT USHUAIA GAVE US AN UNEXPECTED BONUS.
WE WOULD HAVE LONGER TO TRANSIT THE BEAGLE CHANNEL,
WE WOULD NOT HAVE TO TRAVEL AT NIGHT OR TOO FAST & WE COULD WANDER OFF INTO SIDE CHANNELS & EXPLORE.
A MYSTERY Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- 2012 A6 STAR PRINCESS - CAPE HORN & USHUAIA==CAPE HORN==
FERDINAND MAGELLAN & FRANCIS DRAKE CAME THIS WAY.
==TIERRA DEL FUEGO==
NATIVE FUEGIANS WOULD HAVE FIRES ON SHORE, HENCE THE NAME,,
==LAND OF FIRE==
==NAMES TO CONJURE WITH==
===[b]ONE OF THE ROUGHES Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- Atacama Experience - part 23rd day – Geyser Tatio
Be prepared to fall from your bed in the middle of the night :( . The tour leaves the hotel at 4:00 am. The journey lasts 4 hours turning around the Andes mountains until the Geyser Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Dec 18, 2013
- Dad bought a poncho. I can’t believe that it has already been a month since I last posted on this blog. We have a little more than four months left in South America, but some days it feels like we are already done. This Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Dec 11, 2013
- The desert of San Pedro de AtacamaAfter a few days spent in the Salar de Uyuni and the desert around, in Bolivia, we ended our 4WD (4x4) tour by crossing the Chilean border to arrive in San Pedro de Atacama. This little oasis village, located in Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Dec 9, 2013
- Promenade dans Santiago
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Dec 6, 2013
- I'm being followed by a MoonshadowPublic. – I love you!!!
Cat Stevens. – What am I supposed to say? My wife's in the audience!
Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Nov 28, 2013
- Una mezclaUn peu de tout, en vrac, dans le désordre... Un weekend à la plage, un autre weekend à la campagne, TP à l'université, le temps des glaces, le premier tour des élections, coupe du monde de foot, la routine Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Nov 22, 2013
- A Quiet Day in the Strait: Chilean PatagoniaToday was a quiet day cruising up the Strait of Magellan from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas where we will disembark from the ship tomorrow.
We spent some time doing "administrative" tasks, like finding out what bus we leave on tomorrow, Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 19, 2013
- A Night On Shore: Chilean PatagoniaThis was a quiet day. Most of the day was spent on the ship cruising through the upper Magellan Strait and then into the patchwork of islands that dot the southwest coast of Chile.
[img=h Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 19, 2013
- Quite the Day in Patagonia: Chilean PatagoniaWell, if yesterday was rather calm and uneventful, today certainly made up for it.
We were up very early — 5 a.m. — in order to eat breakfast and get on the bus that would take us to Torr Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 19, 2013
- Relax and Watch the World Go By: Chilean PatagoniaThis was another day spent entirely on the ship.
We had removed our motion sickness patches from behind our ears yesterday afternoon, thinking we were now in the Beagle Channel and the Strait of Magellan. . . sheltered channels of water Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 19, 2013
- Rounding the Horn: Chilean Patagonia
We awoke this morning to find that we had crossed the Drake Passage and Cape Horn — the southern most point of South America — was in sight.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/567915 Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 19, 2013
- How else am I going to clean my dishes...I have to say, I think this blog is pretty cool. If nothing else, there are pictures of penguins. And it has been inspired by all the really amazing and strange things and people we have met and seen in Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Nov 8, 2013
- Last Day on Easter IslandToday was our last day at the centerpiece of our journey, Easter Island.
The four of us were ready to board a tender at 8 a.m. We did have to wait a short while but before 9 a.m. we had Posted by jeburns55 in Pacific Mysteries 2013 | Nov 6, 2013
- Full Day at Easter IslandWe will spend the entire day on Easter Island, with the four of us exploring on our own.
After breakfast, we headed to the Marina auditorium for our tender tickets. Unfortunately, because quite a few passengers on the ship signed Posted by jeburns55 in Pacific Mysteries 2013 | Nov 6, 2013