- A sunrise experience on Easter IslandIt would have been a shame to come so far and not experience a sunrise over the Easter Island Moai. We can sleep in anytime.
Picked up at 7.30am with the weather slightly overcast with broken cloud. We'd had rain during Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 20, 2013
- Time to exploreWe had arranged for our tours before leaving Oz. My research found that a Scotsman living permanently on the Island had studied the dialect, history and culture. James Grant-Peterkin is the founder and operator of Easter Island Spirit Tours; he Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 17, 2013
- Easter IslandSet the alarm for an early start, double checked by placing a wake up and set our watch alarm. The flight departs at 0915 and we needed to be at the airport at 0700. It was dark, the weather was Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 17, 2013
- Off to Chile? Leave your valuables at home.Midnight, Thursday 12th September
Having almost missed the night bus from Iquique to Calama, we kind of wish we had.....
3am we had our first encounter with the police when everyone is kicked off the bus for their bags to be scanned Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Sep 16, 2013
- Chile - yet it's the warmest place we've been?After our Uyuni salt flats tour, we took a transfer to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile,
San Pedro de Atacama
Sunday 8th September
San Pedro de Atacama is a small town in the dessert. It is hot and dusty. Our hostel had a Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Sep 14, 2013
- A day visit to ValparaisoA first case of jet lag. Our most recent long trips have not resulted in us getting any effect of jet lag but this time we know what it is. Had a granny nap yesterday afternoon and a disturb sleep Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 13, 2013
- Sydney to Santiago via AucklandNow that was a long flight. Sitting in the lounge at Santiago Intercontinental reflecting on the trip 22 hours and having a gin and tonic. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. The sun is still up here and it's 8pm, Posted by mandt0413 in South America 2013 | Sep 12, 2013
- Civil Unrest If you turn on CNN in the US, I'm sure they are talking about Syria, the anniversary of 9/11 or Miley Cyrus (seriously what is going on with that Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Sep 11, 2013
- Punta Arenas, ChileWaking up at 5am and setting off to the bus station ready to go to Punta Arenas, which we were told by the hostel worker "Is so beautiful", was not an easy task. We first had to collect one set Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Sep 6, 2013
- South ChilePucon (18th August - 22nd August)
Pucon is one of the more touristy towns in the Chilean Lakes District. It is situated on the banks of Lake Villarica with the Villarica volcano looming over the town. Given it was such a Posted by duncan-alice in Duncan & Alice Go RTW! | Sep 5, 2013
- Santiago and ValparaisoSo we are finally on the last leg of our tour, South America! Although still looking forward to hopefully another 6 months of travelling before we get that final flight home...
Santiago (13th August - 15th August)
Arrived in Santiago from Posted by duncan-alice in Duncan & Alice Go RTW! | Sep 5, 2013
- Santiago, Chile
So Santiago saw the start of our trip and a well planned reunion for Kate and I; arriving only half an hour apart from different sides of the world. We were only here for three nights and so u Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Sep 5, 2013
Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Aug 29, 2013
- La SerenaEtape suivante : La Serena, ou nous arrivons après 7h de bus.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/50 Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Aug 27, 2013
- L'île de ChiloéL'Irlande sans la Guinness mais avec des maisons sur pilotis et des églises jaunes!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/605716/DSCF Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Aug 23, 2013
- ValparaisoApres environ 2 heures de bus nous arrivons à Valparaiso, la ville arc en ciel, dont les vieux funiculaires bringuebalants (ou ascensores) partent obstinément à l’assaut de ses 45 collines.
Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Aug 20, 2013
- I am pretty sure we haven't killed anyone yet...Our experience at the consultorio (a public run clinic) feels a lot like a board exam. In the urgent care clinic you have about one minute to make a diagnosis. No ordering more tests, no asking more questions, no time Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Aug 19, 2013
- Hello, from Chile Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Aug 11, 2013
- Chile! How cool!The tiny town was like a film set for an old western movie and any moment we were convinced we’d bump in to a pair of duelling cowboys in spurs and chaps or have our path crossed off by a Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Aug 3, 2013
- Santiago de ChileAprès 16 h de vol sans quasiment dormir & 13 h de décalage horaire, nous atterrissons à Santiago de Chile. Bien que fatigués, lorsque nous arrivons à notre hôtel, nous sortons prendre l’air afin d’acheter de l’eau et commencer à Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jul 29, 2013
- ¿Dónde está la cosa? ¿Qué cosa? Ya sabes .... la cosa! My Mom will probably be the only one who truly appreciates the title of this blog entry. Yet, I am sure the rest of you can imagine that this phrase pretty much sums up most of Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Jul 26, 2013
- Apéro Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Jul 20, 2013
- Résumé d'une première journée à Santiago Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Jul 18, 2013
- Night viewLa tour où j'habite est surement une des plus moches de Santiago, mais la vue est sympa et puis... elle a résisté à tous les tremblements de terre jusqu'ici!
Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Jul 17, 2013
- Avocado BreakfastEh oui c'est tellement plus simple de faire un site pour vous tenir tous au courant de mes aventures au Chili, à commencer par ce délicieux petit déjeuner à base d'avocats.. hmmm!
Posted by vlejay in chililichi | Jul 16, 2013